All hotels in Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Great pool
    Room is all right
    Poor vibe
"nice location!"
Comfortable bed, nice restaurant, close to park and right downtown, congenial restaurant staff.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
"A great find"
We stayed here while biking the Waterfront Trail across Lake Ontario. The hotel is right on the trail, and in downtown Burlington. The staff was most welcoming. They instructed us to take our bikes right up to the spacious room. The indoor pool was refreshing, and the room exquisite. I can't wait to return.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
P. Hasler
"2nd Honeymoon!"
The location of hotel was great and overall value for $ was good as well. Hotel a little tired though & could use some updating. Burlington is growing with condos everywhere but seemed to lack downtown hotel accommodations. Being the Waterfront was basically it, they should keep ahead of the game & renovate soon.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2014
J & T
When first arrived we were put into a nonsmoking room that smelled of cigarettes. We asked to be moved and they happily granted our request. The hotel was in a great location within walking distance of great pubs and restaurants. Would recommend to others for value and location.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
c
"SO-so"
The hotel staff was great, the restaurant in the hotel was amazing, and the view was excellent. The hotel itself; however, is starting to show its age...cracking tiles, peeling wallpaper, air conditioners that didn't fully cool the room.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Close to Lake Ontario"
Stayed here for three nights,my grand-kids loved the pool.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Great hotel on the water, nice restaurant"
Nice location on the lake, easy to find, good restaurant food, very helpful front desk. Near pier and boardwalk.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2014
"Great hotel. Nice view. Excellent location."
This hotel has a great location in Downtown Burlington. There was a Holiday light show in the park adjacent to the hotel which was fabulous. The pool and hot tub were perfect temperatures, and the room was clean and comfortable. Room service was very good, very efficient, and well priced, especially with the coupon provided by the hotel. This hotel also provides a free hot breakfast, which is atypical of a hotel with an on premises restaurant. Overall, it was an excellent experience.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
The hotel is a bit dated in terms of decor, and it did not offer a utility area at the end of the hallway. Stuff like a big trash bin and soda machine was missing on each floor. The ice machine just sits at the end by the staircase (loud). I could be wrong but I dob't remember an exhaust fan in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. The TV service did not offer HBO or any premium channels, unless you were willing to rent them. Most hotels I stay at have free premium channels included.
3 night business trip Dec 9, 2013
Byron
"great location"
One of the male managers had a - attitude/not customer oriented!!!
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
"Great location, but a little worn and misleading"
Though we loved the location of the hotel, it was near the water and had a fantastic view in the restaurant, the room was worn and could have used a little updating. We were somewhat frustrated with the view. We paid extra for a view of the lake, but discovered that the "view" was only partial and looked more on a park than anything else. There are no rooms looking over the lake......
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Very pleasant hotel with excellent facilities."
The Hotel was beautifully located, the staff were very helpful, restaurant was OK, and the free spa was a wonderful after a longhaul flight. Walks along the Lake were nice.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
Stephen
Waterfront Hotel is in a great location in Burlington. Within walking distance of lots of dining options. The hotel is showing some wear and tear such as worn carpets, scuffed paint around elevators, bathrooms etc. Don't think the carpet was swept in my room recently and several hair pins were still on the counter. Breakfast was included and was OK, cerals, pre-made eggs, sausages etc.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2013
"great place to visit"
Overall the hotel was great; convenient to everything we needed. The hot tub was closed when we were there, but the pool was great. Rooms were basic but very clean. Breakfast included provided a variety of choices.
3 night family trip Jul 19, 2013
"Great Location!"
Absolutely a wonderful location, especially with the newly built boardwalk right outside of the hotel. Great service and beautiful hotel, only thing I was upset about is that I paid extra for a room with a view and the view was not great at all, but overall a great hotel.
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2013
Alyssa
"A Downtown hotel with a lake view"
Located in front of Lake Ontario. Eatery of all types just across the road. However this hotel is ideal only for those on holiday. Bussiness Traveler will find it inconvenience, there is way one can work in the room. The wireless Wifi is slower than snail crawl. I have to bring the laptop down to the lobby/ bar to surf the net and work on my email. Recepion at this area is good . Morning complimentary Breakfast is good.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
willy
Great location by the lake - excellent place for a run. Room was comfortable and included breakfast good.
1 night business trip May 20, 2013
Niel K
"Pet friendly.."
Best salt water pool & hot tub in the area.. Nice location with activities all around the hotel. Pet friendly is a BIG PLUS ..... free parking with hotel registration.. Second time staying at the Waterfront.. I will be back.
Other trip May 22, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

|My wife and I stayed at your hotel as we went to the Garth Brooks concert in Hamilton. The Room was great and the complimentary breakfast was wonderful. The two things that were not so wonderful were the fact that the main lobby was under construction upon our arrival and we were not notified of this upon booking the room and that the elevators were out of order and we had to call the front desk each time we needed them...........as my wife has had knee surgery I was not about to have her walk up 5 flights of stairs. Overall we enjoyed our stay but will not return until construction is complete........
1 night romance trip Mar 27, 2016
Adam
"Renovation"
Would have been nice to know the hotel was under renovation! I would ha e given them a higher score had I known.
1 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2016
Pat
Did not know they were doing major renovations so that was disappointing
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2016
No one told us the hotel was under renovations and there were no elevators luckily we were only on the third floor
1 night trip with friends Mar 25, 2016
Audry, L
Biggest issue was that the hotel was under construction. A note was slipped under our door to say that the elevator couldn't be used due to construction. Luckily it's only 6 floors and we didn't have large luggage. Breakfast eggs were very cold.
1 night romance trip Mar 23, 2016
Management was great in making our stay comfortable even with the renovations going on. Will be heading back to see the final fix ups here.
3 night family trip Mar 15, 2016
"Stay at waterfront"
Stay was okay. The complimentary breakfast was helpful
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2016
"Waterfront Hotel Noisy and bad room 004 in basemen"
Because we booked thru hotels.com they gave us a basement room next to elevator. It was loud and noisy. The room was clean but the atmosphere and noise was horrible. It was under construction too. I had to get up for a race in the morning but didn't sleep much due to noise.
Cindy
The main lobby is undergoing construction. It forced us to go outside to the restaurantnext door. It was not a big deal this time as it was not cold outside however, it would have been nice to know that it was under construction so I could decide if I wanted to book there.
Jonathan
"Lovely"
We were in Burlington for the Chilly Half Marathon. This was the hotel that was recommended to us by the race website. It was very convenient for the race start line. The hotel is currently under renovation (something no one mentioned when we made the reservation) but the inconvenience was minimal (long waits for the one working elevator, you needed to go outside to get the the hotel restaurant). The restaurant was very good, the breakfast was excellent. My only reservation about booking this hotel for the race again next year is their late check out policy.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2016
the hotel is conveniently located, close to shops & galleries. staff were pleasant & helpful. unfortunately the hotel is undergoing major renovations, which I was unaware of when i booked the room. jackhammering started @ 7:30 & ended @ 5pm. although they tried to isolate the construction area, construction dust was a significant problem. my plan for a restful 3 days away, turned into a very unpleasant experience. I would not recommend this hotel until renovations are complete.
3 night trip Feb 24, 2016
The morning we arrived the hotel lobby was under construction(it had started that morning but we did not have any knowledge of it before buying online) and there was very loud jack hammering. Our hotel rate was not discounted for this noise which you could hear in our room until after 5 pm that evening and then first thing at 8 am the next morning. Our toilet overflowed all over the bathroom floor so the front desk opened the adjoining room to us to use that bathroom. As I was putting on my coat to tKe my dog out for a walk, the door opened and a staff member apologized saying they didn't know anyone was in the room...I thought that was why they were supposed to knock first. The next morning when the manager asked me about our stay I told her what had happened and she said she would discount our room. At checkout I was informed they were discounting me the 15 dollar pet charge for our experience. We won't be staying there again!
1 night family trip Feb 24, 2016
"Amazing Location - Not amazing staff"
We arrived just after 3pm on Saturday afternoon,which 3pm is stated as the check in time. We were not greeted very friendly and asked "How can I help you", then proceeded to not offer much in the way of a welcoming to the hotel. She had to search for a room that was ready, and when I asked to confirm the check in time, she told us that the hotel was swamped. Not the right response to customers. The room was nice, tidy and comfortable. The area that the hotel is in is gorgeous and there are a lot of restaurants to choose from including the Beaver and Bulldog, which we enjoy a hot/cold breakfast that was just ok. Checking out on Sunday was much more pleasant (not the same girl that checked us in). Only problem Sunday was that the elevator was out of service. I was glad my suitcase was light.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2016
Nathalie
I will look forward to staying again in the summer!
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
Colleen
"Beautiful View of the Lake at a reasonable price"
Not bad, a little tired as hotels go but comfy and staff friendly, View over the Lake was fantastic and a Coyote trotted past as I walked towards it from Spencers restaurant just down the shore.
4 night business trip Jan 10, 2016
Andy
great staff, awesome location, hotel is older but still a great place to stay, no complaints here, awesome breakfast as well
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2015
eric
Nice staff . Se ordered an lakeview room . The view was kinda on the water ... The rooms were not as nice as they were discribed. And I found it weird for a premium room there was no mini fridge microwaves .
Other trip Dec 28, 2015
Very nice breakfast
Response by Waterfront Hotel Downtown Burlington
Thank you staying at The Waterfront Hotel Downtown Burlington. We are so glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast!
2 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
"Needs TLC"
We stayed here a few years ago and really liked the hotel. It is located in a wonderful location overlooking Lake Ontario adjacent to a lakefront park. Since then the physical condition of the hotel has been neglected and has declined. Our room was in very bad shape and in need of renovation. I suspect the hotel will be demolished in a few years and replaced by a high priced condo - which would explain the neglect. If that is not the case the owner needs to spend some money.
Other trip Dec 19, 2015
We had a blast at the Beaver and the Bulldog downstairs and breakie was awesome
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2015
"Comfortable, and cozy"
Great rooms...home away from home. I did ask the front desk where would one get a salad on a Sunday night. He told me not much around that does take out. I asked him re: Mcdonalds told me 3 blocks walking. When I got there it was closed. I did however see people walking into Jackson Square. So I walked in..Found there was a nice market in there, where I was able to obtain some dinner. Would of been nice if I was told to go there in the first place vs walking 3 blocks to find the Mcdonald in the Jackson square and not on the road way.
Other trip Dec 9, 2015
Harbie
"Location is great"
Location is fantastic, could not be better for all our activities. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room is clean and comfortable - the overall decor was a bit dated and worn in places. There was a coffee maker for our convenience and the wifi was reliable. The morning buffet had a nice variety of food choices and staff were available to do top-ups when needed. A minor annoyance was that we could hear the elevator from our room, but earplugs allowed us a good sleep!
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
Deborah
"has its issues..."
i left a comment card with issues from my stay and still havent heard back. holiday I down street is better for same or less money.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
Alex
"Not a place for business people."
I am on business and placed with a hockey team?? Also PLEASE serve breakfast on real dishes - not disposables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Front Desk people are awesome!
Response by Waterfront Hotel Downtown Burlington
Dear Susan, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Waterfront Hotel- Downtown Burlington. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your stay. We would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your last visit. Please be sure that these comments have been shared with our management team and corrective measures will be taken to avoid a similar situation in the future. Please let me know when you plan on returning and I will handle your reservation for you. Kind regards, Camila Luchsinger Front Office Manager
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2015
"Getting run down but still a great location."
This was our second stay at this hotel. The first stay was two years ago, and we were surprised to find that it appeared much more run down and outdated than our previous visit. The room did appear clean though. Ultimately it is a great location in beautiful downtown Burlington with lots of opportunity for exploration around the beach trails and downtown shopping.
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"Location perfect"
Hotel excellently located near water front and performing arts building. Lots of restaurants near by. Waterfront gorgeous. Pool and hot tube best ever experienced, right temperature and cleanliness. Would like to see a more relaxed and quieter lounge at night for the more senior group. Rooms are a bit dated but clean and well equipped.
Other trip Nov 8, 2015
L&S
"View"
The staff is really friendly and helpful. It's close to downtown and has a nice view of the waterfront.
Response by Waterfront Hotel Downtown Burlington
Dear Sean, Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent visit to The Waterfront Hotel-Downtown Burlington. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Kind regards, Camila Luchsinger Front Office Manager
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2015
Sean
"Above decent"
It was good. The staff was helpful and the restaurant has good food
1 night business trip Oct 30, 2015
Sean
"Lovely stay!"
A beautiful location, although a rainy weekend and the breakfast included was excellent! Professional, friendly front desk service as well!
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
"Disappointing: needs a major overhaul"
We stayed overnight for a friend's wedding reception. When we entered the room, we found a bag of personal belongings left on the dresser. It was strange--did a previous customer forget about it? If so, why didn't housekeeping pick it up before we checked in? If it was another customer who simply changed rooms, we might have understood. We weren't sure what was inside but brought it to the front desk. But we didn't get any kind of apology from the front desk--they simply took the bag and didn't say a further word. It was also really noisy with kids from a hockey tournament making a ruckus, although that isn't the hotel's fault. That said, my girlfriend and I could hear everything: the doors of nearby rooms were slamming closed (no dampeners to slow down the door as it closes?) and loud sounds of feet going up and down the stairwell. Again, it's not the hotel's fault about the kids' behaviour but it seems like better soundproofing and other sound mitigation could have been in place. The room was very rundown. Many scuffs and divots in the walls. This hotel has probably seen better days. The bar soap that was provided is very abrasive, to the point where it was stripping off skin. The moisturizer helped a bit, though.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
Douglas
"Great hotel and very helpful staff"
Great hotel. Large room with good size bathroom and amenities. Very happy with 24 hour self service laundry as well as indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym. Front desk staff could not have been more helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
NZ
The hotel itself and the staff were both fine. THe room was clean and comfortable. The staff at the front desk were friendly and welcoming. All in all a very nice stay with nothing to complain about.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015