All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here345 Marsh St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"I'd comeback for sure"
Even though i had got my days mixed up and the reservation and my dates had past, the manager still credited me the day and put be in a room with a bigger bed. Great location to downtown. Clean and quite.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Miles, for the high rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Hoping to see you again soon in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
miles
"SLO FOR RELAXATION"
Incredible. SLO is a super relaxed area. Avenue Inn is in a safe and convenient location. Breakfast was great.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Ken, for the high rating you gave us. Greatly appreciated! We hope to see you again soon in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
ken
"The SLO area is relaxation plus"
Extremely comfortable. Great area, restaurants handy and within walking distance of entire core area. SLO is on our itiniary for the return California trip in 2016. The staff were phenominla and the breakfast great
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Ken, for the high rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again soon in San Luis Obispo. With best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
ken
"The place to be!"
Nice hotel with nice hotel staff, nice friendly vibe and perfectly located to the family wanting a nice peacefull vacation.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Big M, for the 5-Star rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again at the Avenue Inn. Best New Year's wishes from San Luis Obispo.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Big M
Good location walking distance to the Mission and the Thursday farmers market
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thanks, Cory, for the nice rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
cory
"Value"
Excellent value. Walking distance to resturants and downtown. Clean property.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Anthony, for the high rating you gave us. Greatly appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again soon in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night trip Jan 21, 2015
Anthony
"Good option close to downtown"
A really well-kept and comfortable motel, located just a short walk from downtown. Very friendly service. Like any other motel, noise can be an issue and your stay can be negatively impacted by how loud/disrespectful your fellow patrons are. Unfortunately we had some loud neighbors during our stay. Otherwise everything else was good and I would consider this place again but ask for a better room location (to at least minimize foot traffic in front of rooms).
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thanks, Tami, for the nice rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again soon in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Tami
"Right down the street from downtown. Great staff!"
Everything was great! Parking was right in front of our room, easy to unpack. Free internet was a plus, considering we travel with Apple Tv. Refrigerator and microwave in room. Free breakfast!! The only downside to the room was that it was a little tight. We had 3 of us in a two double bed room. We basically had to shimmy into the bathroom. Also, no table to eat at or use a laptop. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend and i would stay here again myself.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Shawna, for the nice rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis O. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Shawna
"Not Disappointed"
I lived in San Luis Obispo County for 30+ years and recently found I needed to return for a visit. Knowing the county well, SLO was the perfect location for me to stay. I don't like paying outrageous prices just to sleep but I do like a clean room so did my homework and decided to stay at the Avenue Inn based on other reviews. I was not disappointed. Although this motel/hotel has been around for many years, it was been upgraded and nicely furnished. The rooms are small but the cleanliness was impeccable.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Deby, for your high rating and your nice words about the Avenue Inn. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes.
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Deby
"2 nights SLO"
Good clean room.Problems with noisy heaters, Remote control. Variable room furniture as I changed room to get a a quiet night. No settee in room which had quietest heater. Very good attitude to deal with problems but perhaps there would not have been the problems with better long term maintenance. It was still one of the better motel experiences in it's price range.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Geoffrey, for the high rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo, CA. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night trip Jan 12, 2015
Geoffrey
"College visit stay"
We needed to make a trip to San Luis Obispo from Iowa for a college visit for our son. We wanted a nice, clean, and inexpensive place to stay. I was very pleasantly surprised with the room. It has been remodeled recently so everything is new, clean,and up to date. The shower was amazing with plenty of pressure and a rainfall overhead shower head. The beds were very comfortable also. The office staff was very informative and helpful with ideas about where to eat and what to see while we were in town. The breakfast was substantial with pastries, cereals, make yourself waffles, and fruit. We stayed for 3 nights and will definitely stay there again while our son is at Cal Poly!
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Sandy, for the high rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again soon in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Sandy
"Terrible Customer Service"
I had made a mistake in my reservation and arrived a day late. Even though the hotel was nearly empty the front desk staff would not allow me to stay. I called Expedia from the hotel lobby and Expedia was very accommodating to try to fix the mistake and change date with hotel. But hotel manager just kept repeating that I was a "no show" and he couldn't change his computer. I ended up staying down the street at The Sands Hotel who were unbelievably nice and gave me a low rate since I lost my full payment at this hotel. After my return from SLO, I emailed the manager but did not get a response. Perhaps the hotel staff person gave me the wrong email? I gave the hotel an "ok" rating as it looked like the were trying to fix it up. I wish them well, but I won't return with this kind of service. There are plenty of great hotels at SLO that I would choose over this.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
We're extremely sorry, Mary, to hear about your poor experience at the Avenue Inn. It's certainly not the "norm" here. Usually we find ourselves replying to 4-Star and even 5-Star ratings. We can only offer apologies and say that we hope to do better by you in the future. Also -- as we're telling everyone this month -- best New Year's wishes from San Luis Obispo.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Just what we expected-clean and safe"
Was clean and safe---good location. A no-brainer and worked like a charm for us on a college tour. We didnt rely on the breakfast as it was a bit paltry, but we appreciated the effort. We would stay there again.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks for the 5-Star rating you gave us. Greatly appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
2 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
"Unfriendly checkin and room was not clean."
Found a large pack of open snacks in the drawer left behind by previous occupant. Immediately felt the room was not clean.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Terribly sorry to hear about your less-than-wonderful experience. We've already begun double checking drawers in all the rooms to avoid a repetition of what you encountered. Every bit of feedback helps! We hope you'll stop by sometime to see us again in San Luis O. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Traveller
"Nice trip to check out Cal Poly!"
Check in was a breeze. Sol at the front desk was very professional. He went out of his way to recommend great restraunts in the area and tell us about a local farmers market that evening. He provided the type of service you would expect in a much higher priced hotel. The rooms were very clean. Good linens. Comfortable beds. Clearly, newly remodeled .
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks for the high rating you gave us (5 Stars). Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"great value"
Its great for the price right off 101. Simple and clean with breakfast
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks for the 4-Star rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again in SLO during the New Year ahead.
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
"Will return in San Luis Obispo, CA"
Rooms with two beds are spacious, beds and linens wonderful, flat screen TV, super modern bathroom with rain showerhead and glass door. Same breakfast every day, waffles, cereals and pastries.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Mary, for the 4-Star rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again at the Avenue Inn. Best New Year's wishes.
2 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
MARY
"A very pleasant surprise"
This hotel has been one of the most pleasant surprise in all my years of business traveling and staying at various lodgings. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable with brand new carpets. The shower is better than most 4 or 5 star hotels. The location couldn't be more ideal as is right off the freeway yet 5 minutes walk from all these great restaurants and nightlife. The rates are very affordable and reasonable for what one gets in return. The service was outstanding, they even called to check that I had arrived home safe after I left. Needless to say they have won me as a customer for life and I do recommend everyone going to SO to stay here.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Noel, for the 5-Star rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
Noel
"Convenient location!"
The location is very convenient, right off Hwy. 101, and walking distance to downtown shops, restaurants, and bars. The hotel was clean, modern and comfortable. I would stay here again.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Thomas, for the 5-Star rating you gave us and for your kind words about the Avenue Inn. Much appreciated! Best New Year's wishes from 93401, San Luis Obispo.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
"Good location to access downtown"
Easy walk to downtown.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Elizabeth, for the 5-Star rating you gave us. Greatly appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Nice, clean & friendly staff"
Nice, clean and convienent location. Not luxurious, but I did my homework, knew what I was getting and it was great.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Evelyn, for the 4-Star rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Evelyn
"Clean, friendly and convenient"
Wonderful stay - we couldn't have been happier. Small little complex, staff was very friendly and helpful. We even asked last minute if we could stay in a room near our friends and they were happy to accommodate us. Room was very modern and clean. Breakfast was lovely, especially for free! So close to downtown, you really couldn't ask for anything more.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Kelsey, for the high rating you gave us -- and for your kind words about the Avenue Inn. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Kelsey
"Can't beat it!"
Our stay was great. The hotel is basic but has everything you need. The room was nicely remolded and very clean. The location is great and the owner is very friendly and hospitable. I would 100% be returning to this hotel my next visit to SLO.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many, many thanks for your kind words and your 5-Star rating, as posted earlier today, January 4. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again sometime in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Good stay just outside Downtown SLO"
Only stayed one night. Great walking distance to downtown SLO!! Complimentary breakfast was good (would have loved a some whole wheat anything or yogurt). Room was clean, recently renovated.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Cecille, for your good words about us -- and for the 4-Star rating. Much appreciated! Hope to see you again sometime soon in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
Cecille
"Hotel close to downtown"
Nicely renovated older hotel. Good location, clean. Very noisy pipes in the walls, when adjacent suites use the water it makes a racket. Other than that, we had a very pleasant stay.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks for the 4-Star rating you gave us. Much appreciated. Looking forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Happy New Year!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Newest Motel in SLO"
Good clean comfortable.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, David, for the 5-Star rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo -- with best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2014
"Way nicer than expected!"
Looks and is built like the typical Motel 6 type place, but once you got in, they have really done things up nicely. Room was renovated and very clean. Bathroom shower and fixtures all new. Friendly front desk staff, probably family owned or franchised. Minimal noise carried from other travelers. This turned out to be a really nice surprise. They also told us to park in their lot while we explored after checkout to save on downtown parking, and offered late check out after a bout of food poisoning (not from them). A great surprise!
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Sara, for the 5-Star rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Sara
"Clean, comfortable, and affordable!"
This place was perfect for us to stay in town, easily walk around after a long drive, and get a wonderful night's sleep :)
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Clair, for the high rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Clair
"Comfy and cozy"
We really needed a comfortable bed to sleep in after a long day of driving. Picked this mainly based on the price and the pictures. For what it is, the motel turned out to be a great find. Its centrally located walking distance to a lot of the downtown shopping and restaurants. The room is fresh and clean and the bed is pretty comfortable. No frills except free breakfast, parking, and a coffee maker.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
So glad you consider us "a great find." We much appreciate the high rating you gave us. Hoping to see you again in San Luis Obispo! Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Comfy and welcoming hotel"
Very comfy and welcoming hotel. Great location and easy access to everything.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks for your kind words and the good rating you gave us. Much appreciated! With best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn. Come see us again sometime.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Clean hotel in downtown"
Very nice motel for the price. Very clean and updated. Was cheap and within walking distance of main shops in downtown. Can't beat it for the price. Only downside is parking lot gets very full if you come back later at night and need to park.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks for the 5-Star rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Clean and decent hotel for the price"
For the price, it was a clean and tidy room - nothing fancy, but you have TV, fridge and microwave, plus free breakfast. The front desk was very nice and accomodating. I took Amtrak, but hotel was about 20 minutes walk from station and you really need to call ahead if you want taxi service. San Luis Obispo's bus system is not very convenient, so if you are not driving, expect to do a lot of walking in this town.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks for your good words about the Avenue Inn. Glad to know that you spent part of your Christmas holiday with us. We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Happy New Year!
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Easy walk to downtown. Friendly staff. Comfy beds.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thanks for the kind words you posted. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best New Year's wishes from the Avenue Inn.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Comfortable"
Served its purpose for an overnight stay. Room was comfortable. Bathroom needed some cosmetic repairs.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thanks, Sheila, for the 3-Star rating you gave us. Every posting helps and encourages us to do better over the days and months ahead. Looking forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Happy New Year!
1 night trip Dec 5, 2014
Sheila
"my review"
The Hotel is very well maintained, very clean. The rooms are small, but the beds were comfortable.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thanks, Manuel, for your kind words about the Avenue Inn. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best holiday wishes.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Manuel
Nice and clean close to town were able to walk everywhere and shop
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thanks, Happy Time, for the high rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Hope to see you again sometime soon in San Luis Obispo. Best holiday wishes.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
happy time
"Safe, clean and inexpensive."
Convenient location just off the freeway. Clean room with comfortable bed. Shower stall a bit tight, but adequate. Good place to stay, and not very expensive. I plan to visit SLO often in the near future, and feel no need to look for another place to stay.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Jesus, for the good rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo.
1 night trip Dec 11, 2014
Jesus
"Great clean motel"
Great clean motel. Newly renovated rooms are nice. Staff was friendly
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks for the good rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"Convenient and central location"
Short stop over en route to LA. Great location, friendly staff, clean room. Ticked all the boxes.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Jeff, for the 4-Star rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best holiday wishes.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"sisters night"
relaxing and comfortable
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Carol, for the terrific rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best holiday wishes from the Avenue Inn.
1 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
"Comfortable. Clean. Modern."
Excellent practical hotel. Great value for money and would stay there again.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Edward, for the kind words and for the high rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2014
Edward
"My review"
The location was easy to find and the rooms were very clean.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Joey, for the 5-Star rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best holiday wishes.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Joey
"Best bang for your buck in SLO!"
Great hotel and really nice updated inside.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks for your kind words about the Avenue Inn -- and for the good rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo.
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
It was fine. We were happy w/out stay.........................................................................................................................
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks for the good rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"nice rooms and good location"
its a motel , but with all new rooms , and a good location
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Gad, for the high rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
GAD
"Convenient to restaurants and historical area"
Nice, welcoming staff. Motel was in a great location. Easy to walk to several nice restaurants and also to the Mission, museum etc. downtown. The room was clean, bed was comfy and there were the usual amenities in the bathroom. Also, there was quite a decent continental breakfast included. I'd stay there again and recommend it to anyone interested in exploring the historical downtown area. It's also an easy on and off to Hwy 101.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Vicki, for your kind words about the Avenue Inn --- and for the high rating you gave us. Much appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best holiday wishes.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Vicki
"Weekend Getaway"
Motel like place but updated. Comfortable bed, walking distance to downtown. Front desk very friendly.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks for your kind words about the Avenue Inn. We hope to see you again soon in San Luis Obispo. Best holiday wishes!
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"Excellent Hotel: Clean rooms and great location!"
This was a excellent hotel. I would have rated it 5 stars but the walls were a thin and we could hear people walking on the balconies and water running. The room was very clean. The location was perfect, just a couple blocks from the downtown SLO and the mission. We would definitely stay here again.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, David, for the 4-Star rating you gave us. Much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again soon in San Luis Obispo.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Uneventful"
Room was small. shower was difficult to use as the shower head protruded directly from the ceiling. Breakfast had no fresh fruit or yogurt, very basic. Location was fair as it was a six block walk to downtown shops and restaurants.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thanks, Barry, for your informative posting. Last week I stayed in a small hotel in downtown Los Angeles. Their continental breakfast included yogurt and cream cheese -- two items that I'd like to see added to our menu here. It would make a noticeable difference! Do try us again sometime at the Avenue Inn. We're a new operation, and we're looking for ways to improve as quickly as we can. Best holiday wishes from SLO.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
barry
"College campus tours"
manager was helpful in giving directions and dining suggestions
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Many thanks, Phyllis, for the high rating you gave us. Greatly appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you again in San Luis Obispo. Best holiday wishes.
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2014