All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America

Clean
    Awesome vibe
    Great amenities
    Bad pool
The motel was convenient to what we needed. Close enough to walk into the main part of town for a wander and a meal. Nice beds! Some noise from the upstairs rooms.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon at The Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo. CA.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
Beverly
"Nice Place to Stay"
The water pressure was very low. Hard to take a shower. Hot water in the sink took 15 minutes to get hot. Everything else was good.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback. We have since had the plumber out to increase the water pressure, and would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused to you. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you soon again at the Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
"Clean, good service"
The motel is right in downtown, so we walked to grab a bite to eat and stroll the streets of SLO. The room was small but tidy. No weird smells. Everything worked. The hotel staff was very nice, brought us extra towels quickly. All went very smoothly. It was only a 10 minute drive to Avila Beach where we rented spring suits and boards and went body surfing. The breakfast isn't great, although the make-your-own-waffle maker is always a hit with the kids. We just grabbed coffee, a bowl of oatmeal and a yogurt. I would recommend this place.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your kind review. We really appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you soon at The Avenue Inn Downtown,San Luis Obispo, CA.
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Lizabeth
"Great value for in-town location!"
Older hotel that has been nicely maintained. Smooth check-in and the staff were nice. Room was clean and updated. Breakfast was fine, a variety of choices.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing your soon again at The Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Morris
Perfect for an overnight stay.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you soon again at the Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
"Sweet. Clean. Quiet."
Quiet and comfy little hotel. The property, inside and out is pristine clean and the staff is friendly and engaging and helpful. The room we had was spotless, the TV had more than the usual number of available channels and had the usual amenities, as well as a fridge and microwave. Free and fast wifi too. A great find in a great town.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
"Professionally run hotel, met all needs"
Great stopover. Free breakfast, WIFI, and parking.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you soon again at The Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401.
1 night trip with friends Sep 8, 2015
Let me start by saying the room was clean...except the window sill in the bathroom that was caked with dust and dirt. I must say that I will never stay here again unless I'm desperate. Walking in, the staff was not welcoming AND they were blasting a radio show featuring clips of Donald Trump speaking saying some of the most inappropriate things. I was flabbergasted that this was allowed to take place. you don't know who may be offended by his views and why was it blasting?! If I wasn't checking in so late and exhausted I would have turned around and left for another hotel. The room was also very awkward and felt very much like a motel. One bed was stuffed in the front room and one in a back room. The back room's window faces the back parking lot and the front room faced the other side of the parking lot. Therefore you were sure to here everyone's arrival and departure as well as conversations and bags rolling across the walk. I was glad I was only there one night.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We apologize for all the inconveniences caused during your stay with us. As regards to the TV channel, that was tuned into CNN, we do not have any control over what is aired on TV, however apologize if you found that unsuitable. The Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
"Clean hotel to stay"
I stayed there with my wife. The most important thing is the room. I don't care about other things so much. Rooms are not pet allowed and non smoking as I wanted.The room smells good and the room was very clean. Bathroom also clean. Only problem was room is too small.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"SLO nice"
Friendly helpful front desk. We enjoyed being close walking distance from downtown. Easy to find, right off of the Marsh street exit. Our room was very quiet and the AC worked well (much appreciated on a hot weekend).
3 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
This was my second stay here. The location is uber convenient, rooms are nicely upgraded/updated, though a bit small they fit my needs perfectly. The staff is friendly and helpful. Wifi and breakfast are included.
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
"Convenient for short stay"
Room was nicely decorated, even though a bit cramped with two queen beds. Nice shower. Breakfast selection good for such a small motel, waffle maker was much appreciated. Decent stay for a night.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you soon at the Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
"Not what i expected but turned out ok"
The hotel was pricey for what you got. this is an old travel lodge in which i didn't expect to pay $300 for. the room however was very clean and updated so that was nice. the staff was nice as well. very small room and very small bathroom. parking lot was very small and filled up quickly.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
nellie
"Very good hotel close to downtown SLO"
Many features were excellent: ample food at the breakfast, accommodating staff (I needed a room with a bath on the first floor), better equipped for guest comfort than many larger hotels, good bed, good AC system, rate reasonable, cleanliness, room well-appointed for guest comfort.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Patsy
"My stay was average"
My stay at the Avenue Inn was average. I was very disappointed at the fact that during the time I had booked my room online their was a section for special requests, I had explicitly informed them in this request section that my family and I were traveling from San Diego which was 6 hours away to attend a wedding that started at 3pm in the Pismo Beach area, and I had requested if it was possible to have our room ready at least an hour or 2 before the regular check in time which I believe was 2pm or 3pm, so we can have enough time to get ready and make it to the ceremony on time, well that request never got granted. We ended up arriving to the Hotel on Saturday afternoon at around 12pm, we checked in to the hotel lobby and I asked the clerk if my request had gotten granted about having my room ready ahead of time and of course the clerk told me that the room was not going to be ready for another 2 hours but he was going to try to get it done ASAP, and would call us if there was a chance to for us to check in early. We ended up going to near by park to kill some time for about 2 hours and during that time we never received any phone call from the hotel clerk about the room, so we decided to head back to the hotel at about 2:00pm and our room was finally ready, because they did not hustle to get our room done early we did not finish getting ready until about 3:30pm and by the time we made it to Pismo Beach for the ceremony we had already missed more than half of it.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback. We sincerely apologize about any inconveniences caused during your stay with us. We always try and accommodate our guests regards to special requests, hence if any rooms were ready we would have checked you in without further delays. Once again we are sorry you experienced this. The Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Angel
"A great affordable motel in a perfect location"
The room was modern, comfortable and clean. The breakfast was included and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect. We walked to everything.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you soon at the Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Beverly
"Expensive rate for a motel"
Rooms are decent but rate was extremely high, it was a motel not a hotel and yet we paid almost a 4 star's rate, won't stay at this place again
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback. We are very competitive with our prices in line with the other hotels in the area, however apologize you felt the prices were high. We thank you for your business and hope to see you soon at the Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Roberta
"Nice and comfortable."
Pleasant nd within walking distance to the wonderful downtown. The rooms are small but clean and modern. The staff is wonderful. It is a safe neighborhood. We left our bikes on the back of our vehicle for 3 days with no problems.
2 night trip Aug 25, 2015
"Updated and clean"
This is the second time we've stayed here. It is a no frills hotel, but the rooms are updated and clean. For SLO, it's an inexpensive place to spend the night and is conveniently located.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"george indiana"
walking distance to resturants and bars
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
The hotel was for one night. It was very clean. Rooms are small. Location is great and has easy access to downtown.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"Nice spot"
Overall, a nice stay; a little pricey for a one night business stop. Didn't get to spend any time in the immediate area around the hotel. Parking was tight and limited but found a spot; it was behind the hotel and a little out of sight of really anyone so I didn't care for that as I was unfamiliar with the safety of the area but had no issues.
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
"Perfect spot for short visit"
I'll be frank, when I drove in I start second guessing my choice. From the outside the hotel is not much to look at, but the room was great. My wife and I had been traveling for a week along the PCH and this was the best spot we had stayed. The room was very big and clean, and the bed was really comfortable. We stopped in Paso to go wine tasting, and this spot was perfectly located in the middle of the east and west wineries, also to add to our trip, they gave us a lot of free tastings at about 20 wineries (we only used 4 but they offered about 20). I would definitely recommend this location for staying 1-3 nights, which if you are visiting Paso is probably all you need.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
Roberto
"Simply awful."
Clearly this place has been painted and "spruced" up with low grade everything. Our bathroom was not quite finished as it was missing interior door molding and tile below the shower stall. It looked a lot like a "DIY" interior remodel. However, the biggest issue was the moldy smell in the room. Our kids noticed it the minute they walked in and it was unbearable. We were told the place was sold out and decided to buy a $22 scented candle and get through night #1. It was late and we were exhausted from our drive and didn't really have an alternative. After a long day at the beach the following day, we hoped that night two would be better (candle ready and windows open all day). Upon our return, the room literally smelled like someone had gotten sick on the floor at the foot of the bed while we were gone. Having had enough, we approached the front desk only to be handed a can of Lysol spray and told once again that they could not move us because they were sold out. So we emptied the can on the floor and covered it with towels. The whole experience was brutal after a fantastic week in San Diego and Santa Barbara. The breakfast seemed to be reasonable, but we were so grossed out by the room experience that we paid to eat out. We are fairly certain that the room carpet was not very clean in general either. We could not figure out why our kids feet were literally black with dirt until we realized it had to be from the carpet. Emails to staff have gone unanswered.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Great Location. No Complaints."
Hotel was in a great location, newly renovated, very clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was very friendly. We would certainly stay again.
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
"Wife"
The room was very nice and clean. Breakfast needs improvement.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are making improvements to our breakfast menu and appreciate your kind feedback. We hope to see you soon again at the Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo,CA.
2 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
JOHN
"Good hotel"
It was good. Seems a little overpriced but it's SLO.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon at the Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Shainalea
"Simple hotel walking distance to center of town."
Very comfortable and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Clean, basic room but overpriced."
We got a nice, basic room but it was way overpriced, even for summer rates.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
C
"Updated and modern hotel close to downtown"
This hotel exceeded our expectations in many ways! First, it is within walking distance to Downton SLO. Second, the staff were all polite and welcoming. Third, the rooms are kept up-to-date in regards to the decor, and they are clean. The complimentary breakfast was enjoyable. I especially enjoyed the Belgian waffle machine! Overall, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit SLO!
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Luke
"Nice motel and great location."
We only stayed one night, but would definitely return. Also, this was the only place in the area that didn't require a multi-night stay.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Exceeded expectations. Thank you!"
Comfortable, clean, up to date simple decor. Stay the good value you are.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Happy!"
Very happy with our stay. Clean, very nice room and great location. Friendly, helpful staff. We would stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Amber
We were on our way back to LA after driving on PCH. Hotel is right off US 101, a great location. Room was clean and nice. Breakfast was better than we expected. Would stay here again
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Andy
"Not coming back"
An old, dated, motel. On a busy and noisy main road just off the freeway but reasonably clean. Grossly overpriced!!!
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback. We apologize for any inconveniences caused whilst you stayed here. The Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Dennis
very nice stay! clean, updated rooms. Staff very nice and helpful.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Very cute hotel"
I loved San Luis Obispo. Wish we could have stayed and explored longer.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Comfy and close to town"
Nice little hotel with comfy beds, clean linens and a quite neighborhood. Only draw back was the leaf blowers out side the breakfast room being totally rude. Hotel manager was very understanding and is taking care of it.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused whilst staying here. The leaf blowers now come later in the day so as not to upset any more guests during breakfast. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you soon at the Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Kori
Our stay was pleasant and the rooms were satisfactory. Nothing fancy, but if you are looking for a reasonably priced room that is clean and comfortable, this is the hotel for you.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Nice Owner, Clean Rooms"
This hotel is located right off the 101, yet walking distance to nightlife & restaurants. Room is comfortable, and recently remodeled with granite shower surrounds, counters, etc. Great cable on flat screen TV, clean, clean, clean, extra linens in closet... Very nice! Front clerk was especially helpful and charming with neighborhood recommendations...would definitely stay again!
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
daniel
"Very clean, comfortable bed."
The room was clean and modern. Beautiful, large flatscreen tv, the bed was nice and comfy. I had only one complaint; the refrigerator makes loud noises, so to be able to sleep, I had to turn the temperature control dial inside to 'off'.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
lulu
"Motel 6 with a few upgrades"
This property is like a Motel 6. Great location, horribly overpriced with spartan furnishings.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconveniences caused during your stay here. We hope to see you again at the Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"Nice motel stop"
Very nice for a one-night stay on the way to San Francisco. Walkable to downtown SLO and freeway-close, adequate breakfast.
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Clean comfortable convenient location. Friendly check in
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Very comfortable for a quick business trip"
Service was excellent. The room was clean, comfortable, and very tastefully decorated, and there was a mini fridge and microwave in the room. I would most definitely choose to stay here again in the future. This was an excellent hotel for the price.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
Lindsay
"Decent hotel for a quick stay"
Really liked the location of the hotel. The room was small but very nice and really was perfect for my daughter and I in our one night stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only downside is that the AC in the room was not consistent it was either freezing or super hot. Also the mini fridge had this weird buzzing sound so I had to climb behind it and unplug it!!
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We apologize for all the inconveniences caused, and appreciate your feedback which helps us address and improve the above issues. The Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Clean, friendly, great location. Would stay again!
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your kind review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you soon at the Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Comfortable and convenient"
Stayed in a room with some friends for a night. It was walking distance to downtown which was one of the reasons we chose this hotel. It was clean and comfortable. Great for a night or two.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Aura
"It is OK but not great..."
I was expecting a better condition and amenities with that price. It is OK but is not as great as it was rated.
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconveniences caused during your stay. We look forward to seeing you at the Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Nice, clean & well managed Motel"
Cal poly visit
Response by Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon at the Avenue Inn Downtown, San Luis Obispo, CA.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015