All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dirty
    Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice

"Not worth it."
Considering the price you pay for a room at this hotel I was really disappointed. The rooms smelt bad, the bathroom had mold near the toilet and the bedding wasn't very clean. Wouldn't recommend to anyone or stay there again.
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
"A convenient stay"
We stayed at the Travelodge Toronto East two nights for convenience, as we were spending a full day at the Toronto Zoo. The location was perfect for this purpose (less than 10 minutes away), but I would not recommend it for someone who is planning to visit Toronto-proper. The Travelodge itself was as expected: a budget hotel, dated but clean. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. The complimentary breakfast was convenient, but very plain. Some of the highlights were the attached restaurant/sports bar Shoeless Joe's, which was close and offered good grub. We also enjoyed the pool, which was clean and had a comfortable temperature. A few improvements I could suggest would be the addition of a small changing area at the pool. Also, we could not use the coffee maker in our room without unplugging the TV or moving it. It is an okay stay if travelling on a budget and if you have activities planned in the Scarborough area.
Response by Travelodge Toronto East
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Travelodge Toronto East. The comfort of our guests is of primary importance to us. We are glad that you found our staff accommodating and our location convenient. Your concerns about our outlets have been passed on to our maintenance department to improve future guest satisfaction. We look forward to you staying with us again. Regards, Ram.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
MissGeorgiana
"Noisey air conditioner , not dirty but not real cl"
Window shaker real noisey air conditioner hard to sleep that loud
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
traveller
"2 weeks in Toronto"
I was very impressed with the friendly staff and their commitment to the customers. The pool was small but acceptable. The rooms were dated but still acceptable. TV's were old and small and cable package was weak at best - they really want you to buy the pay per view movies. The cleaning staff kept the room clean and well appointed but the carpets were in desperate need of a good steam cleaning (management issue - not the staff). By booking through Expedia I got a great deal for my two weeks in Toronto. Overall good value for my money.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"close to where i was working"
everything was clean, great price would stay again
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
steve
"Below average"
Extremely noisy air condition, old type. Come on guys we are in 2014. Breakfast area too small. Always crowd I thought I was in Hong Kong not in Canada.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Convenient for where we had to be."
The hotel is in a good location, the price was good, but the condition of the room was not great. Very tired and worn out and obviously has seen a lot of parties. Needs new carpet, furniture, bathroom counter, and bath tub. The housekeeping staff was friendly, front desk staff was efficient.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Good for the price"
The star rating seemed about right for what we got. Average looking hotel with outdated rooms. For the good price, free parking, free breakfast, free Wifi, and on site restaurant, we felt it was a good choice. But otherwise might have been disappointed due to the poor condition of the room. However we slept very well, bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Hotel lobby nice and clean, staff was pleasant. The hotel appeared to be in a safe and quiet area close to the 401 (highway), gas station across the street, and amenities nearby. Breakfast included bagels, muffins, sliced bread, jam, cream cheese, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. On site restaurant is called Shoeless Joe's. It is a sports bar and restaurant with very good food. Hotel gave us a 15% discount coupon good for one meal. We ate there every night for the convenience and good food. We did not use the pool or gym, so I cannot comment on that.
Other trip May 16, 2014
Ingride
"Will not be staying at again"
The hotel is old and out of date. The wall air conditioner looked all stained and gross. Had to ask 3 times for a crib to be brought to the hotel room. Don't have any buttons to open doors while bring your luggage/children into the hotel. Was getting dressed in room with tv turned on and kids making lots of noise - the maid opened the door without knocking and said are you checking out this was at 950am check out wasn't til 11. Will not stay at this hotel again.
1 night family trip May 12, 2014
"Nice location in Scarborough"
Very close to all the amenities and friendly staff. Good quality of service.
Response by Travelodge Toronto East
Thank you for your favourable review. Our staff strives to meet your expectations and accommodate your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Sincerely, Ram
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Smoking room only available - was gross."
To whom this may concern, the only room option available during my booking was a smoking room. As a non-smoker - this was disgusting. When I arrived, there were holes and burnt spots and markings all over the room. Even the duvet on the bed had holes - why wouldn't you change the blankets after someone has smoked on it and burned holes through it? Also, the hotel itself does not look inviting. It looks like an old office building converted into a hotel. It's a really old building and the hotel staff just don't care enough to maintain it, I guess.
2 night trip with friends May 2, 2014
"Travel lodge Toronto East"
My stay at travel lodge was for only one night. The staff are very helpful & friendly. The rooms I found to be quite small and unkept. I'm glad I took my own pillows.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Tammy
"Comfortable room at a convenient location"
Hotel is not top of the line- but is good value for the dollars spent. We did not expect 6 star comfort for a 3 star price. Rooms medium sized but comfortable, Decor and TV dated but functional and clean.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
"NA"
Hotel was inexpensive and adequate --- I did not pay much and received what I paid for.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Low-Price Acceptable Hotel"
You get hat you pay; may be slightly better. Room was OK. Bed was good, Carpets are old and dirty. Washroom is OK. TV is old.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Rash
"Great Value"
We were able to get a good deal through Expedia. I would probably be disappointed if I had paid full price, as the rooms were quite dated (CRT TV, electric baseboard heat with no airflow, only one electrical receptacle beside bed so either lamps or alarm clock could be used). Pool and breakfast were a nice bonus. Room wifi worked great, and free parking was important for us too. Room also included a fridge and microwave as a nice bonus.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Ernie
"Excellent location for Our Purposes"
The hotel was an older build but the room was comfortable and the staff were competant and courteous. We did not get the expected room but the alternative was sufficient for our needs. I would use them again should I need accomodations in the area.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Jim Willard
"The room is comfortable.The breakfest is nutrional"
The staff are friendly & polite.I got upgrade room as a complimentary.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Eva
"As Expected for the price"
This is an exceptional price for a night in Toronto. The hotel is what you would expect for this price - tired nd in desperate need of renovations. The free parking is a nice thing, the breakfast and coffee are disappointing. I eat elsewhere.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
CD
staff were very helpful. the room was in poor physical shape
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
Small family style hotel with free parking & free continental breakfast. Room included a small fridge, microwave & coffeemaker.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
I stayed in a small room with a clean bed, small fridge, microwave & coffeemaker.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
"Hotel Rating"
The hotel room was small, shabby and the entire hotel is very much in need of an upgrade. Although the room was clean, the carpets, bedclothes, lines are all The thermostat did not work so it was impossible to control the temperature. The free breakfast had very limited choices. There are dozens of hotels in the surrounding area that offer much more for your buck, at a price equivalent to or less than what I was charged. The restaurant that is part of the hotel 'Shoeless Joe's" is a beer joint suitable for beer and chicken wings after a softball or hockey game, not for a relaxing meal after a long drive to Toronto. I checked the Internet today and the lowest price offered is $ 113.00. You would not get me back there for $ 50.00!
2 night trip Nov 18, 2013
"OK HOTEL"
price, location and staff makes this a great place to stay, not modern of fancy, more like a motel flying a major flag.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
"For the price its a nice hotel close the City"
The only thing that was disappointing was the pool and whirlpool were closed for painting otherwise it was fine. Breakfast was more than a continental breakfast, scrambled eggs, waffles, baggels, toast, juice coffee. Stayed there before the pool and whirlpool were open and were very clean. I would go there again.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"Stay away from this dirty hotel with dirty trick!!"
The only reason we chose this hotel was to be able to safely meet at night someone who was staying the same hotel. <br> During check-in, the hotel asked for credit card to hold $100 deposit. Soon after checking-in, we discovered feces stain on the bedding of one of the two beds; we didn't report it to the hotel for fear of being falsely blamed; I stayed almost awake the whole night because of that. <br>One week later, my credit card statement indicated that this hotel charged me another $35 even though the room was fully prepaid and we DID NOT use any extra paying service; the hotel didn't even bother to notify me; I had to contact my credit card center to have that transaction reversed. <br>A much better alternative is the nearby Holiday Inn Express (50 Estate Dr, Scarborough, ON M1H 2Z1) at the same price range.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"Poor customer service"
I booked a room with a fridge and was given one without They quickly changed my room but the new one I was given was partially furnished There was no mirror, no table and chair and when I sat on the end of the bed the other end popped up in the air. I also forgot my phone charger in the room. I called the hotel as soon as I arrived home and they said they would speak to housekeeping and call me back. No call so I called again and was given the same answer. I was never called back.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Wendy
"Room attendants where very friendly."
The breakfast was marginal, the vending machines take debit, the room I stayed in had a cracked window and multiple bleach stains. If you are on a budget and just need a place to stay that is affordable this place will do. The pool area was dated but clean and well maintained.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
"Close to the Toronto Zoo"
I once stayed in a Travelodge and I didn't really like it. I gave this one a shot to give Travelodge another chance, but let's just say they have seen the last of me. Never again will I visit a Travelodge.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Jonny
"You get for what you pay"
Need desperately renovation! Cleaniness do not meet standards.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
Not the cleanest. Nice staff. We left a large picture taken at Wonderland sitting on the table in our room by accident, called about 3 hours after check out already in the garbage and gone. No care taken to preserve our property for even 24hrs. Probably won't return.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"hotel close to the hyw"
I did't use the swimming pool and i didn't see anybody use it. no trust if the clean or no
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
jean
"Needs major reno"
Needs major reno. Very dated with carpet and walls stained. Still have tube tvs. For the price you pay for the room you're better off staying across the 401 at Holiday Inn or Best Western. Staff was very kind and helpful. They deserve better as they have to listen to the customers that complain about the room. Breakfast was better than expected.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
JTS
"Never stay again"
Terrible hotel! Unsafe, someone can have your room key card to open the door other than the hotel staff.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"recommended"
Rate Travelodge Toronto East pretty good no complaint highly recommended excellent awesome
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Decent hotel for the price"
Fit for what you pay for the hotel. Good breakfast included in the hotel rate.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Sam
"Very close to 401, easy to get to!"
Not a bad place for the price, included breakfast added value for sure. Room was OK though the tub backed up and I felt the bathroom could have been cleaned a little better. Pool and hot tub were nice though too much chlorine and again cleanliness could have been a little better.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
"Excellent service."
It was a very busy weekend and so many customers so the breakfast area was too small for the amount of people staying at the hotel. But the employers stayed pleasant at all times. Bravo !
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
Norma
"Great Hotel with Breakfast, parking and internet."
We was very impressed with the room, staff and every thing, we spent several days here before traveling onto London, we had breakfast which was good, and enough for myself husband and our 2 children, it was all good, the swimming pool was good, a little cold in the evenings but kids still loved it, food was good, parking was ample and free, wireless Internet was in our room and also included in the price, we would defiantly stay here again and would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
Deborah
"Hotel review"
Service was great. However the hotel looked tired and needs an upgrade.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"Disappointing ..."
We have stayed here before and were happy...now this room was shabby....watermarks on the ceiling and the wallpaper had begun to peel away. Sad to see this happening and ignored.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"Dirty"
The walls are dirty. The WiFi was so slow and unreliable I gave up and used my phone. There are signs in parking saying to pay and you find out after you check in you weren't supposed to pay. Old 25 inch tube TV. Most motels have better. Shower was broken.
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2013
Jon
"Travelodge Toronto East"
Bad smell in hallways. I would not recommend this hotel, Next time I will go somewhere else.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Nice clean room for good price."
The room was nice looking and the was clean and well taken care of , I would stay there again and would recomend it to anyone who likes a nice room for a good price. Free parking and a restaurant next door was a plus.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Brian and Kathy
"Best comfert"
I love my stay at travel lodge in future i wil prefere to stay
3 night business trip Jul 12, 2013
"close to main highway"
I've stayed here a couple of times and I've been satisfied with my room and the service both times. Staff are very friendly and helpful
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Overpriced"
Pretty plain Jane, rooms smelled musty and mould was growing in the shower.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2013
Raraqueen
"Close to zoo"
Enjoyed :)
2 night trip Jul 10, 2013
"traveloge on east of Toronto"
everything was pretty normal there. nothing out of ordinary or special. breakfast was good.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Do bot hesitate to book this hotel"
When I bought the secret discount hotel from Expedia, I had no idea of the hotel I will get. After the payment , I was informed that the hotel will be Travel Lodge. I read the review about it and then I was disappointed because many customers were not satasfied with it . But when I checked In and saw the room and the facilities I was very happy. The room and the services are great. The breakfast is full of varieties. They provide more than contenantal breakfast. The swiming pool is fantASTIC. The internet, the people in the desk are very great and helpful. The location is good near most of what traveller needs. I recomment this jotel to anyone wants to book this hotel.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013