All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
201 Baronne St, New Orleans, LA, 70112, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Disappointed Guest"
The staff was rude. I was told a certain amount would be charged to my card when I checked in; however, another amount was charged (more money). When I spoke to hotel staff (about 4). No one took the time to try and understand my situation. The attitudes were indifferent and dry. Customer care should be a priority! I visit New Orleans a lot and will never stay at this Wyndham again.
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Vanessa
As much as we travel, we decided to give Wyndam Hotel a try, first time and I have to say housekeeping did a terrible job! Never have we ever stayed any place and seen that our room was NOT cared for like we did at the Wyndam Baronne. For sure we would never stay at that location again.. Thank you
3 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
Krissy
"No rest in the Big Easy"
Because the rooms all face into the open atrium, it was very noisy. You could hear EVERY guest that came in not mater what time of night it was. The beds and pillows were very uncomfortable and every time either me or my husband moved in the bed, it wiggled and squeaked.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"Perfect location"
Loved New Orleans this hotel was in the perfect spot where u don't need a car u just walk n party!!!
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Tarazzo
"Great night stay"
Very Clean inside. Very good customer service. The staff was very helpful.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2015
Matthew
excellent hotel and the location is wonderful. i would highly recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
margaret
Nice hotel, close enough to the French Quarter but away from all the crowds.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Jayne
hotel was clean & updated
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
R.P.
"NIce hotel, under construction though"
Hotel was very nice on the inside, there was a good deal of construction around, but that's to be expected in a city still rebuilding. The lobby was clean and the personnel were very friendly and prompt. The first impression of the the room we stayed in was a blast of mildew smell right away. The first day/night in the room smelled like laundry left in the washing machine for a week. Maybe we got used to it, maybe it subsided, but after the first night we didn't notice it as much. The room was not updated in quite some time. The AC unit was pre-1985. The heat wave that hit the city while we were there stressed the AC to the max. It was never truly cool in the room until the dead of night. I recommend this hotel, hopefully they will fix the AC units soon though.
3 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
The room had a fowl smell like it had been wet, but we were only there long enough to sleep and once you were in the room for a little bit you got use to it.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Laquitta
"Birthday Bash"
I am a frequent visitor to New Orleans, but never stayed in this facility. To my surprise the rates were not what I anticipated. The hotel is merely steps from everywhere!! The staff was very helpful at all times. I will be staying here again!!!
2 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
LaDonna
"disaster central"
Having the roof leaked while having a shower was not even the highlight of trip but having the toilet overflow from nothing that you did took the cake! This was the first time we experienced in a hotel such an awful experience. What made it worse was that the hotel staff was not proactive about it at all and did not think of switching us to a different room until we requested management. The first room was fairly clean and was located in a quiet section that we really liked and we definitely did not expect such disaster to happen while there. The second room they moved us to lost that whole appeal and was not as secluded as the first one and was only fairly clean as well. The picture online is overrated because it looked brand new and glamorous but the hotel was definitely from the baroque era. There were rats in the parking lot, not sure if that was an expectation of staying at a hotel in the city but that was scary. The best part was the location. It is conveniently located to some of the best activities around town and that made up for some of the major inconvenience we had while there. I thought when we booked it had stated that there was continental breakfast but that was out of the question because they have no area in hotel set up for that. My trip would have been better overall and I would have been more pleased if the staff took care of things immediately but they did not and it inconvenienced us over an entire day.
5 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
Parking is horrible. Everything else was great.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Regina
"A little noisy, but good location"
There was a lot of construction going on and it was really hard to get in and out of parking garage. We didn't need car much so for us it wasn't a big deal, but if we had it would have been a nightmare. Doors need something to keep them from slamming. They are the only big issue we had. People going in and out of their rooms was super noisy. Overall it was clean and close to the cable car junction and French Quarter.
4 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
"cool place..."
great stay, awesome service!
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Antonio
"Good experience, great location to explore NOLA"
We had a pretty good experience staying Wyndham Garden Hotel. The hotel is an older style hotel with all the room windows facing the hallway. This makes for some extra noise when there are loud people walking by. The day staff was friendly and helpful - a stark contrast from the evening staff which were not friendly at all and did not really make us feel welcome at the hotel. The location was great. It is two blocks from the French Quarter and also a couple blocks from the St. Charles Streetcar. There is no continental breakfast, and the cafe in the front is significantly limited. The diner next door is fine, but nothing to write home about. There is a restaurant in the French Quarter called Daisy Dukes that has a FANTASTIC breakfast special before 9 AM. They also have bottomless bloody marys for $7. Overall a good experience staying at the Wyndham.
4 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
Chieh
Staff was great and very helpful. Hotel rooms very outdated. Shower head leaked. Cable turned off and on. Internet connection was very bad. YOu could not keep connected more then a few minutes and it was VERY slow.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Sweaty socks"
Construction across the street. My room smelled like sweaty socks.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Heath
"Good solid hotel. Kind of dated. Central location."
Good solid hotel. Kind of dated. Central location.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
"GREAT downtown hotel for business or pleasure"
GREAT location with excellent conference and meeting room facilities, and a very responsive and attentive staff. Easy walk to FQ and other local attractions.
3 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great location and good value"
Great location. Good price for Central Business District. Very friendly and efficient check-in. Parking tight but available for $20 a night. Would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Martin
"Good location but watch out for parking charges"
There was only valet parking available. Strangely, they would not allow a Kia Sorento to self park in the basement because it was too big even though they allowed a minivan. It cost $33 a night for valet parking and self parking was an extra $20 a night that wasn't mentioned on the website. The hotel was in a good location but the surrounding construction made walking to the hotel unpleasant. So did the rats playing by the sewer out front.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
"Great value!"
Great location, short walk to everything. Very comfortable beds.
4 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
"Close to French Quartier"
The room was good but the bathroom was old. The shower was too low for us 5 ft 8 tall. But everything worked and it was a good stream of water. I found the parking in the garage rather pricy. You can only get in with an economy car. And there is no breakfast served.
2 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
Eleonora
"Beach Location"
Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Good beach location.
2 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
"New Orleans Wyndham"
Nice hotel but the restaurant was being "remodeled". Not too much of a problem there was a restaurant next door.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
"Get away!"
Nice and quiet!
2 night trip May 31, 2015
"Close enough to everything"
Construction outsider hotel started early. Good size clean room close to every thing we wanted! Would consider staying again if we got on higher floor and not on construction sides. Great staff.
3 night family trip May 28, 2015
hotel staff are rude, especially the front desk, parking not available for our ram truck, that we have to pay an extra for a valet parking
Other trip May 30, 2015
donna
"A pleasant stay"
Nice hotel right next to Canal Street and French Quarter, I felt safe there as a female traveling alone. GREAT location. Only downfall - room was super damp and musty, I had to leave the door open to air it out because the windows face into the hotel. Also my sheets hadn't been changed from the previous people that stayed, but as soon as I told them they were up within seconds to change them. But, considering the price and location and safety, I would stay here again. Service was great and hotel was very nice.
1 night trip May 20, 2015
Everything went very good, just wish the diner located in the hotel would of been open later
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Nice hotel with a close walk to the trolleys."
Hotel was clean and everyone was very friendly. Minus the people staying to party, it was a quiet stay. The front desk ladies were all very helpful & accommodating. Only downside was there wasn't easy access to taxis But it was a block away from the trolleys to take everywhere.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Candace
"Decent but there are better options for the price"
The rooms could use a good deep cleaning down in the corners instead of the topical cleaning you get as they move quickly through the rooms. The bathroom lacked a ventilation fan and spots of mold were beginning to form. There were layers of paint covering the ceiling in the bathroom that you would have to assume came from trying to cover that up. The staff was mostly friendly with only one person seeming to have a bad work week. This is downtown New Orleans so the neighborhood is what it is. There are areas that are a lot worse so the location is decent. Parking is a scam at $33 a night and you should just park the next street up for $20 a night. Other than that, it was a decently appointed room that was suitable for a few nights stay.
4 night business trip May 17, 2015
christopher
"PARKING RACKET"
THE STAY AT THE HOTEL WAS GREAT, THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE IS THAT I WAS NOT WARNED ABOUT THE PARKING NOT BE AVAILIBLE TO MY TRUCK.. AND HAVING TO PAY 39.00 TO HAVE IT PARKED
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
TERESIA
It was alright. I thought I would be scared walking on the streets at night but I was not . It was pretty safe and I was with my wife. It's also a block away from the French Quarter.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Quiel
"Hotel is nice, parking there, not so nice."
Pros: Hotel was recently remodeled, staff was friendly, room was clean and adequate for the price. Cons:Parking is under the hotel. Had to drive around for several attempts to find a parking space to check in to hotel at midnight with small child. Finally parked a block and a half away and walked to hotel to check in. Couldn't find an available spot to park to unload our suitcases, etc. Illegally parked across from the hotel and walked our things into the hotel. Watched rats come up out of the parking garage. The spaces in the garage are very small, saw more rats down in the garage while I was trying to park. There was some type of water all around the floor in the garage that smelled like sewage. You had to walk in it to get to the stairs out of the garage. I didn't move my car after parking until checking out 2 days later, I didn't want the hassle of trying to find a spot I could fit in. Overall, the hotel is nice, but would not recommend using the parking garage.
3 night family trip May 8, 2015
Jan
"Bette Midler Concert"
The room was small and overpriced. Location was good considering it was walking distance to Smoothie King Center for our concert and walking distance to French Quarter and other attractions. If you drive, note that parking to unload is tight. Staff was always pleasant and helpful. The hotel and room was clean and safe.
3 night trip with friends May 14, 2015
"Comfortable and friendly"
Just staying overnight for business. Got in later than expected and the front desk staff was EXTREMELY nice and most importantly efficient. Got to a nice clean room. If a view is what you're looking for this may not be for you as many of the rooms only have a window looking into the lobby, but it is a nice lobby. Good pressure in the shower and very comfortable beds. I will likely try to stay there again next time in NOLA. Checkout was fast and friendly and she gave a great recommendation for breakfast. If you are not familiar with the area you may want to take advantage of the valet parking, I saved six dollars by walking around the block...I will know next time.
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
JAMES A
"Staff was extremely friendly and helpful."
New Orleand hospitality was outstanding. Everyone from the hotel staff to people on the street to the folks at the fast food restaurants were friendly and cordial.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Was hoping for better."
When I arrived, they could not find my reservation. The front desk staff was not friendly, and it took me finding my confirmation number to even get them to look for my reservation. Even as I stood there with my confirmation number, I started looking for a room elsewhere because no one accept my confirmation number. It wasn't until another employee found me on an arrival list that they even looked to see if there was a room for me to have. Not comforting. The rug in the room needed to be cleaned, no towels were fresh and a couple were dirty. The bed as clean and comfortable. The property was quiet and the lobby was very nice. I did not eat dinner at the diner in the lobby, but would not recommend the coffee shop in the morning. The clerk was talking on her cell phone (sounded personal from the side of it I got to listen to) while she waited on me. The bagel was not fresh, but the coffee was good. This was my first trip to New Orleans, so I don't have much of a gauge to compare things to, but I have definitely received better service in other cities, and had expected more from a Wyndham.
1 night business trip May 6, 2015
"Near Bourbon street"
Was nice, not used to big city parking rates ! But took advantage of public transportation which was very reasonable prices and clean
2 night trip May 4, 2015
"ready for some fun in the big easy"
this is a very nice hotel very friendly staff nice clean comfortable room and for the location to bourbon st cannot beat the price this was my second time here Wil definitely stay here next time in New Orleans
2 night romance trip May 5, 2015
TOM
"Excellent hotel"
We had a Beautiful Room & the staff was more than accommodating
Other trip May 9, 2015
"Do NOT Stay at this Hotel!!!"
There was NO water on the 1st day of our stay. I asked to speak to a manager everyday there after & never heard from them. We even asked the concierge upon our return to the hotel every night(or early morning) if we would have running water to use our toilet, shower a/o brush our teeth.(As my wife typically likes these general cleanliness functions we so often take for granted) When followed up with by hotels.com the "manager" 'Julian'(I wouldn't know if this is the proper title or name since they never followed up with me in the 6+days stay I was there-nor were they ever seen behind the concierge desk or made available to speak with), denied there was any notice left by me to speak to them about the utter inconvenience we were not notified of in any way. I had literally spoken to every concierge on duty,(all 3 shifts - I could leave all their names, but wont, as they were very nice & absolutely took my info down directly in front of me for "the manager") about it & they all had taken my info down(name, room & cell #) - the concierge staff were all very pleasant, friendly & outgoing.
6 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
peter
"Fun in NOLA"
Visiting colleges. Great location. Easy walk to Bourbon Street and trolley stop. Comfortable rooms and beds. Good price. Huge pancakes at the diner! Nice desk clerks.
3 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Sheila
"Great Girls Weekend!"
Loved it! Only problem was the small parking garage when having an SUV, but manageable.
2 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
Talina
"OK just for sleep, but not great"
The hotel is in decent shape, but it has an oddly abandoned feeling reminiscent of the hotel in The Shining. Aside from the two people at the front desk (who were quite friendly), the whole place always seemed eerily empty at all hours of the day (the decidedly average "24 hour" diner in the lobby -- which closed at 11 p.m. -- contributed to this impression). The room was fine but only had a window into the central atrium -- none to outside, which was a bit disorienting on a 5-night stay. The biggest annoyance: the beds had a plastic and/or rubber sheet between the bedsheets and the mattress, presumably to protect the latter. This caused both of us to sweat profusely during our sleep every night, regardless of the room temperature. The location of the hotel is its best feature, but next time I would pay more to stay elsewhere.
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
"Very nice hotel"
i love the hotel. It was very clean and peaceful, I did not like the fact that daily parking is $30 a day.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Toneka
"Great price super close to French Quarter"
Overall great price near the French Quarter, only issue was I switched rooms on my last night there and I could hear some construction. I moved to the front of the hotel, other than my front room on my last night the hotel was very quite.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Jen
"Comfortable and Convenient"
This is a solid hotel in a great location, just one block off of Canal street, and an easy walk to the French Quarter and other attractions. Super friendly staff who went out of their way to be helpful. Nice diner located in lobby. This is an older hotel, but the common areas have been maintained nicely. Rooms are nice, but somewhat dated. Most of the rooms face inside toward the interior of the hotel, so not a lot of natural light. Overall, very comfortable and convenient to everything.
3 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015