All hotels in Salem, Oregon, United States of America
3340 Astoria Way Ne, Salem, OR, 97305, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

We had an individual in a wheel chair with our group. We called the day before and we were told we had an accessible room reserved. When we arrived we were informed that the accessible rooms only had 1 bed not the 2 beds as we were told. We were given the keys to our rooms and whem we got to the room the keys did not work. The lady at the desk acted real put out with us. The continental breakfast was very slim at best. We woulf not stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Great value for price"
Honestly, you get plenty for how cheap this place is. You don't have a beautiful sight when you wake up (c'mon it's Salem Oregon) but it's location right next to I-5 and Roths as well as a couple of good eats make it worth while. It's also not as shady as the m
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2014
"Convenient location for our stay and economical"
The knob on AC was missing and after complaining numerous times it still did not get fixed. The staff wax not friendly or courteous and seemed to care less if we were a happy customer or not. Very disappointing to see that
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Sad"
The staff were very friendly. The room was not so good. No remote, alarm clock or night stand lamps. The AC worked modestly but more circulated then cooler. The toilet paper holder was broke so they just stacked the rolls on the back of the toilet. I make it a habit to strip the bed. I wish I did it the night before. IT WAS GROSS! Hair and dirt. I was at a convention and this was the recommended hotel. It was decided at the meeting by our leader, next year we won't use this hotel.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Tony Morrison
"glad we just needed a place to sleep"
Beds were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was disappointing...two cereal choices, bread for toast, juice, milk and coffee (colored water). Keys to room only worked part of the time. Large bag of trash and dirty linens left in the hallway overnight. Signs in pool area state that a cleansing shower must be taken before entering pool, but there it's not a shower in the pool area.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
diana
"Not Again"
Room smelled bad, mattress was lumpy and I heard someone snoring in an adjacent room all night long.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
clarington
Really felt welcomed and cared for by night staff
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
E
Clean bed. Comfortable. A bit musty smell and showing its age. A real stretch to call what they served a continental breakfast.
3 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Satisfactory"
Very clean. Needs new carpeting
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Kay
"Not great"
The room looked clean but I found several long hairs on the blanket and since I have short hair they obviously were not mine! A couple of spots on the bathroom wall looked suspiciously like something I didn't want to touch. Bathroom light was burned out but no one came to fix it. Carpet needs replacing or a very DEEP steam cleaning. Continental breakfast not great; toast, packaged sweet rolls, cereal. No fruit, no yogurt, etc. Toaster wasn't working well. Won't stay there again,
3 night trip Jun 11, 2014
"Non smoking room"
This non smoking room smelled like an old smoking room.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
The room and bed were comfortable, and since cost was the main reason for my choice, it's hard to complain. However, the continental breakfast was probably the poorest I have ever experienced.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"Won't stay here again"
Bathroom door would not close shower very small and service was really bad.
1 night trip May 26, 2014
"Hotel okay..area not"
Hotel was fine...a little out dated, but okay. The area was very sketchy though. I am a coach of a high school team and I was very concerend when I noticed a man walking an "escort" out of the hotel as we were checking in.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Coach
"Horrible place"
Check in was easy, but the lobby smelled like cigarette smoke. Got to our room, and sure enough, it looked like it was barely cleaned at all. There was a used hairbrush on the floor by the bed, there were pistachio shells on the window sill, there was hair on the floor in the bathroom, and all the walls in the hotel were filthy. At this point, how could I even trust the sheets were cleaned?? They offered me another room, but the trust was already broken, there was NO way we were staying there.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
basketball traveler
"goo, but could have been better"
Would have been nice if they had a small tube of toothpaste at the front desk. I forgot mine. Got two flea bites in the room.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Horrible"
Room was dirty and bathroom door was broken. Tried to talk to " owner" and he didnt understand what I was saying. Horrible hotel except lady who checked in
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
shawna
Was good.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Akina Salle
"Beauty and Comfort on a Budget"
On our Spring Break Vacation, this was by far the best priced and nicest hotel we stayed at. The hotel is clean and elegant looking in the lobby. The rooms are very roomy, with an extra big shower, and easy to get to from the freeway. Thanks for the wonderful stay!
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2014
Carrie G
Clean room. Mold in top of shower. Very sparse breakfast. But it was a bed for the night.
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2014
"Good respite place during long travel"
Location
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
I had to get a hotel near my mothers home in keizer to attend her funeral. this place was only one exit away. very convenient. price was good, and the room was okay. there was a small fridge, but no microwave. There was only 2 issues I had whit this Hotel. 1- when we came back from the funeral the bed was never made, it was just as we left it. Then, later that evening, I went to the front desk to get more towels, there was no clerk, I waited, rang the bell several times, Nothing.....went outside, and saw the clerk was outside cleaning her car, oblivious to anyone in the office.
2 night trip Jan 24, 2014
This is the second time I have stayed here and the rooms are always clean. When they say it is a no smoking room it doesn't smell like someone has smoked in it like most other hotels. It is located close to restaurants and easy access to I-5. I will be staying here again.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Tabatha
"Don't Stay Here - It's not worth the bargain"
The room smelled like smoke, there were burn holes in the bed spreads. They were short staffed and poorly trained, for example the clerk stated my room number out loud in front of several strangers! The room had been cleaned but it was not CLEAN, stains everywhere and nothing had been sanitized. The water pressure in the shower was awesome. The room heater was ON or OFF - no thermostat! Kitchenette was nice, but no other amenities: not even shampoo or a hair dryer.
2 night family trip Jan 10, 2014
"Yuck"
I have stayed at this motel many times over the past couple of years. I am in the National Guard and have drill in Salem Oregon. I pay for the room out of my own pocket, and the service and cleanliness has diminished to the point where I will no longer stay there. I had a pillow that was torn, left it on the bed in plain site, and when I returned to the room after work, it was in a pillow case, with the torn part exposed! I found long black hairs on the sink and counter, (I have short hair), and they did not even vacuum the floor. The last weekend I was there, there were less than 10 people staying at the motel, and the service was terrible. I cannot beleive that this place has not been fined or inspected. Spend the extra few dollars and go somewhere else.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Stay was nice, but bathroom tub was moldy and had hair in the shower. Other than that the staff was very helpful and went out of their way to help me.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2013
Sabrina
"Affordable Hotel"
This hotel was quiet in spite of it location next to I5.Room was spacious. The free breakfast was not good. Mostly cereal and packed danish.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
"not bad for a night"
The hotel was clean and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. They were great but the hotel itself is bare minimum however it is conveniently located. I would never stay for a long term stay but for a night or two I would.
2 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
"Ok stay...."
Not going to give a good review because of what it lacked... No coffee pot, no alarm clock, no remote for the TV. Stains on the sheets. Both husband and I woke up with a horrible backache, the bed was terribly uncomfortable. The continental breakfast consisted of packaged pastries, and toast only one kind to choose from. Overall it was an ok stay, but I'm thankful it was only one night. We won't stay there again.
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2013
Caprice
"Nice Stay"
It was comfortable. Room clean, employees friendly, carpet a bit worn. Had a non smoking room and it was odor free but the hall was not. Disappointed in the breakfast, expected like others ... waffles, eggs, yogurt. Walls paper thin, needless to say heard plenty of entertainment.
4 night trip Nov 7, 2013
Connie Bussey
"great place"
It was very easy to locate and close to our destination. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
Tabatha
"Cheap"
Very dirty hotel. Several hairs were found in the bed. And walls are super thin you can hear everything your neighbors are talking about.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2013
rick
"Dirty sheets and carpet"
Dirty sheets and carpet not to mention you can hear everything in the room they pack everyone on one corner of the hotel even though the was only for what I can see in the parking lot 5- 10 % occupancy look like it was a ghost hotel. Continental breakfast was bread with spread and cereal and juice that's it no fruits waffles or anything else would never stay Arab own cheap cheap cheap could spend just a little and make custumer happy would never recommend anyone to stay there don't do it expend a little more you get better service
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
eric
"It works"
Outside of building looked run down and not well cared for, carpets were old throughout and hall had a constant smell of Indian food because the staff and owners all Indian hang out in a meeting room on one of the floors. Continental breakfast wasn't much but I guess it's something. For what I wanted to pay this hotel worked fine but if I had longer than a one night stay I'd pay more to get more!
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"mostly good"
overall good. There are no alarm clocks in the room which is strange. No hair dryers either, but the front desk had one. Rooms are not very sound proof...heard a baby crying a lot in the middle of the night. The shower was not very hot. The rooms were SUPER clean...loved that!
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
sally
"GREAT VALUE"
Of all of the hotels in the area, this one had the best location at the best price. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2013
Peggy
"Motel of last resort"
The female night person is awesome! She's friendly, knows how to treat guests, responds to issues, and at least gives the impression she cares, the rest of the staff including the manager does not. The manager has several friends or family members that live at the motel that give the guests rude comments and dirty looks when they ask the manager to do anything (silly me, I thought he was there to work). My room was beyond dirty, the shower had mold and hair in it from I don't know how long. I had to beg for extra tp even after asking twice. The towels and sheets are stained and old, the carpets look very old, there is an stentch throughout the motel of drugs and body odor. The bed is decent. It is right off the 5. It is cheap. Room is large. There is a homeless camp set up in the bushes next to the motel so it doesn't feel safe in the dark parking lot after dark. The cleaning staff leaves spills and pills in the hallway for days. If you can get over the drugies, loud bedroom noises, bad customer service, and lack of cleanliness then this is the place for you. Every thing else was booked due to an activity in the area or I would have been gone.
8 night business trip Sep 30, 2013
"Great place to crash, but..."
This was a great place to crash and the room was large. It only had a shower, which was no biggie since we were so tired. The only downside was the continental breakfast. It was the worst I had ever seen. They had coffee, sweet rolls and cereal with 2% milk. The cereal was either fruit loops or corn flakes. So I'd recommend staying here and only eat the breakfast if you aren't diabetic.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
tomkayak
"You get what you pay for"
I have never seen a Manager care less about the motel he manages. This could be a decent motel with about $10K dumped into it. The carpet is beyond old and stained, The walls and wallpaper need a good wiping down and paint job of a brighter color. The lighting makes the place very dark. There is an odor throughout the hallways, I'm not sure if it's in the walls or in the carpet, but the place stinks. The cleaning staff needs to learn how to move furniture instead of going just up to what they think you can see because you get attacked by major dust bunnies if you pull out the chair or open the fridge. The towels and sheets are both stained and thin with holes due to age and multiple washings. The breakfast, is not a breakfast it's some old bread kept in a plastic box, some fruit loops in something other than an airtight container, and a vending machine. Oh and the walls are VERY thin, so if you have kids plan on explaining to them what the moaning and bouncing of the mattress is in the middle of the night. Management was made aware of people riding their bikes through the parking lot wearing dark clothing looking into cars and did nothing. The Manager didn't care when another guest informed him that the side of the building got tagged. It's sad, this place has a lot of potential due to the location, but poor management will push it into the ground quickly.
3 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
"Meh"
Overall the room was decent. Not fancy, room was pretty tiny but clean. No bathtub (shower only). Good hot water and pressure in shower. Decent towels. The hotel itself was also clean and service was good. There was a strong curry smell in the 2nd floor hallway. I happen to love curry, but not everyone is a fan or wants to have food smells lingering in a hotel. Decor is outdated. My biggest issue with this place is that the walls are so extremly thin you can hear every word of normal level conversation (and anything else going on) in the next room over! It is a good value, but not sure if I would stay again due to the noise level of adjacent rooms.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Traveler Girl
"Great "cheap" hotel"
Small but extremely clean, very new...a GREAT room for the price!
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
"Terrible"
Was awoken at 6:30 am from someone demanding we give our credit card # over the phone, saying that somehow the info in computer was erased and that the night clerk failed to take an photocopy of our card. Waiting until we could come to the desk was not acceptable. We hung up without giving any info. Upon informing the front desk of the situation all they could say was that 'they had no idea who could/would do this.' They were extremely unhelpful, unsympathetic, and unwilling to think out of the box to reason as to how this could have happened Personally I think it was a scam to get our card number from someone in the hotel who could dial our room
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Hallways smelled like cigarette smoke and continental breakfast was cold cereal and toast. Disappointed.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Emily
not so bad
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Great stop off of I-5"
This hotel was easy to get to from the freeway. Very quiet and clean. My room was basic but what I expected for the rate. No alarm clock or hair blow dryer but had a fridge. The front desk staff was friendly enough. There are a few fast food restaurants down the street, as well as a grocery store and breakfast restaurant. I did not have the hotel breakfast in the morning as it was minimal but instead went to the Original Pancake House and had a great breakfast. This hotel is also in a safe location.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Waste of money!"
We were very in-happy with our stay. Issues: 1. Stinks like cigarettes and mold 2. Dirty carpet 3. Dirty bedding 4. Out-dated 5. Staff was not motivated at all 6. Wouldn't swim in pool , was dark and dirty 7. This was a creepy place that we will never ever stay at again, in fact we tried to move hotels but they were all booked for the state fair
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
Maia
"Close enough to Willamette U."
Very clean and well appointed for our one night stay. Breakfast was not good;so dont' expect much. I thought it was funny that the sink faucet was so hard to get your hands under the water, but since I am a bath and kitchen designer I maybe overly picky. I will probably go back since it is close enough to Willamette U and the Woodburn mall the next time I am in Salem Oregon.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Reasonable"
Staff wasn't friendly, they looked at you and then looked back down at their desk. Checking in, walking by or checking out. Breakfast was very skimpy. Carpet needed cleaned.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
overall good stay. only 2 issues, 2nd level occupants too loud. 2nd isssue is room in the middle of the building and there is only one entrance to this big hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2013
"worst choice ever"
it is a smoking heaven, even in a non smoking room. everything is old and smelly, the blanket was really dirty
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013