All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2365 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Gorgeous. Grand old hotel- with a senseof history"
Beautiful lady of Oahu. It was a lovely stay, we enjoyed the old ambience of Moana... with every possible modern amenity. I would definately recommend, and hope to return for another vacation!
"absolutely outstanding in every way"
We had the most relaxing week and the hotel, its staff and all the amenities were 5 star all the way. THANK YOU!!!
Ruth & Bernard
"Shrimp curry and dirty socks!"
It has been my dream to stay in this hotel and so my husband and I came for a four day little getaway.....I had not been to Waikiki beach in about 10 years and it was an absolute MADHOUSE!!!!! People EVERYWHERE......a different bride every hour walking through the hotel.....and a Jehovah's Witness convention in town....that being said, when we made the reservation we wanted a king room, and it was said that we had to request upon check in....unfortunately, they only had a room with two double beds (not the ideal for honeymooners).....while the room did have a beautiful view of the ocean, the air conditioning only seemed to work between the hours of 8-10 AM!!! (not the ideal sleeping conditions)......being that the room was so hot, I had to sleep in a different bed than my husband....I jokingly said, "my bed smells like shrimp curry....I don't think they changed the sheets"......and then we both laughed it off.....the following day the maid did not service the room until almost 4:30 (the time we were getting ready to head out to dinner) so we just took fresh towels and called it good......the following morning while we were looking for a misplaced item in our room, I looked under the bed to find a pair of dirty socks (that were not ours) AND a used pair of courtesy slippers that they leave in the room!!!! SOOOO GROSS! I am glad I went but, we will not return.
The NEW Mrs. D
"October 2014 stay"
Our experience was wonderful. We stayed for 8 days in the Diamond wing with an ocean view. We were about 100 feet from the ocean. This Hotel has been recently renovated and is excellent condition. Meal prices for lunch and dinner were a bit higher than at other options outside our hotel so my wife and I opted to take most of our meals at near by restaurants including Dukes which was just next door. The Surf Rider is located in the middle of an excellent up scale shopping district. A buffet breakfast was included for free with our room plan. We liked liked the outside terrace under enormous banyan tree where live entertainment was provided every night of our stay.
8 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014
"Amazing"
This is a beautiful hotel in the heart of Waikiki beach. Stayed here for my first time in Hawaii for 4 nights, and my only worry is that I'm spoiled and won't be happy in any of the other run of the mill hotels around Waikiki in the future. This hotel is gorgeous, a throw back but chalk full of posh amenities. Paid a bit more for the ocean front view in the Diamond wing, and don't regret a penny.
4 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
Imran
"Fantastic Spa on the beach"
Room and view were excellent, Spa services were fantastic, right on the beach. Stayed in Tower suite, 2 balconies, scenic views, and interestingly awesome toilet. Right in the middle of Waikiki beach walk, close to everything, great dining, service was excellent, hotel had history and was beautiful
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"great hotel, everything is right there"
love the hotel, staff was very helpful. valet and bell hop is only friendly if they feel you have money. we were greeted with a lei and everyone was nice and no complaints about them for us, but our daughter who lives at the north shore has a jalopy car was basically ignored. we go to this hotel every year, and get 2 rooms. you can't judge people by the car they drive, especially in hawaii
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
michele
"Small room - beautiful hotel"
The hotel has history as the first hotel in Waikiki - it is also gorgeous inside. You will see a lot of wedding pictures taken through the day. The room we were assigned was by far the smallest room I back stayed in at any hotel. However it was clean and it worked considering we didn't spend much time in the room. I got to see some of the rooms with 2 double beds and those seemed much larger. The pool was small but compared to other hotels' pools in Waikiki - I shouldn't complain. I would def stay again and just hope for a larger room
4 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2014
Eve
"great location and right on a great beach"
When we first checked in a lovely young lady at the desk gave us an upgrade after we booked from expedia, which we greatly appreciated. She also helped us with two rooms next to each other so that was kind and helpful too. We had partial ocean views and she also took time to explain the entire list of complimentary amenities we received including free wine, yoga, and free long distance and free wi-fi along with available transportation routes near us that she explained. She also allowed us to check us into one of our rooms earlier which was a nice plus so we didn't have to wait till 3 pm. We rather enjoyed the bustling, lobby, with chairs and lounge chairs facing out front and the pool area and beach. There was ample room for everyone to sit and we used our free stubs for wine tasting which was pleasant around 5 PM. The staff was genuinely kind and helpful and as soon as we arrived we had beautiful leis placed around our neck and our luggage was tagged and brought up to our room quickly.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
travelgirl
"Beautiful!"
This is the second time I stay here and I love it! The hotel is clean and the staff is very helpful. It is a little pricey but it is well worth it. The food at both the Veranda restaurant and the Beach bar is very good. Although at the Beach Bar you get some nice entertainment while dining and enjoying your mai tai!
4 night trip Sep 26, 2014
The hotel is steps from Waikiki Beach, the beds were very comfortable, the rooms clean, the staff is always eager to help and are super friendly. The food at the restaurant is very good, the breakfast buffet is filling and has a lot of different options. Close to many things in The Waikiki area.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Great location and view. Friendly service"
We really liked the service and location of the hotel. The first room we were offered overlooked a roof and we asked to be changed. They gave us a really nice room with a terrace.
3 night romance trip Sep 14, 2014
Phil
"Wonderful"
Arrived before check in time and was offered the hospitality suite, had a late flight ans used the hospitality suite again.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Joshua
"Nice final prep before heading back to NYC"
Moana Surfrider was an excellent choice to stay on our way back to NTC from Maui. It helped us ease back into the city and get ready for a completely different pace! The staff was extreme friendly and helpful, especially the woman at the info and tours desk who graciously doubled as a concierge when I needed help.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Lisa G
"Location, location, location"
Quality hotel, first rate service, great location
4 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Greg
This hotel was absolutely fantastic, from top to bottom.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Beach front which is why I stay there."
There are a lot of hotels in Waikiki. Very few are actually on the beach. The hotel was the first or one of the first hotels built in Waikiki. The hotel has what I think is the original charm of Hawaii.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
mike
"3rd stay and still great."
Location is great, walk from bar to Waikiki beach. Was checked into partial ocean initially which wasn't great, a view of the outrigger and view wrong way. Changed to tower full ocean view of wakiki view towards Diamond head, fantastic but high floors not for the acrophobia sufferers..room was 350sqft bathroom small but good enough.will go back I'm sure
4 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Best location"
Best location - beach and dinner for family and shopping for wife. Concierge is very kind.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
jugon90
"Noisy"
Room was very noisy. All night!
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
"Sweet stay"
The rooms, staff, overall ambiance was great! It's historic architecture is unique on the strip, the staff are very courteous, helpful, and always there to assist! Except if you want to book activities, you can wait for an hour just to get a couple brochures and general recommendations, YELP can do that without the wait. So Pass on the activities desk. The rooms are very clean, most comfortable bed you'd lay on. Even my night owl boyfriend slept like a baby, The shower head was broken in our room, but only through natural wear and tear. Highly recommended!!
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"No Place Better"
For me the Moana Surfrider is the only place to stay in Wakiki. Its old world charm is beyond compare. I've stayed there multiple times. This time, I found my room to be a bit noisy, as it had a window on the busy street and screeching pipes at (5:30 a.m.). For a 100+ year old building, a little of that is to be expected. The windows are the original windows, I was told by staff members when I complained about the noise. I was also told I could pay $100 a night more for a quieter room. What? I also found at check in there was a +30 dollars a day "resort fee" charged. So, the rate quoted might be a bit different from what you actually pay. During my stay, I found many resort amenities were an additional charge, as well. For example, if you want one of the umbrellas and beach chairs, you pay an additional $60 a day. Getting a free chair at the pool is also challenging, as people get up early and put towels on the chairs for the day. Prices for cocktails are $15 each, but that is right in line with the neighborhood. I used the pool, daily yoga, spa, and restaurant in the hotel and found all to be delightful and luxurious. I was afforded late check out and a place to store bags on my last day. I still love the place. If you want luxury and elegance, stay here.
4 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Lori Meyer
"Prefect hotel on the beach"
Had a great stay. I would definitely go back. I didn't want to leave :(
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Great location. Loved sitting under the Banyan tree.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Great location to the beach and shopping"
Every atmosphere- services, location, smell, etc.- made me feel comfortable!
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Ki
Outstanding as expected. Staff, service, room ... all excellent.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Banyan room was so small for 405 couldn't lay u 2 suitcases to pack had to put side table in closet to allow this disappointing I think this is smallest ever Westin room I've been at
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
marce
"Beautiful historic hotel in great location"
This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. It is one of the oldest in Honolulu, so the rooms are a bit smaller than those in the more modern hotels. Still, it is a beautiful luxury hotel with very helpful, friendly staff and direct beach access that is close to all the best shopping. Also, the Beach house restaurant was excellent. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jul 29, 2014
"Nice Hotel....terrible experience"
We had high expectations because the because the hotel rated so highly. Checked in without issue and the room was nice. The real issues began the next night when we attempted to use the hotel restaurant. First were told you need a reservation, even if you're staying. We attempted to book something for the evening (this was around 4) and were told there's nothing available. Ok, so on the off chance we could get something that evening we stopped at the hotel restaurant around 8pm on our way out and asked was there anything available...I was told NO but could clearly see numerous tables open and empty. I asked about those table and was rudely told they were reserved. Interesting since the restaurant supposedly closed at 930. And all those tables were open. We were then told we could eat in the bar area and that it's the same menu...we decided to do that since it was beginning to rain and we didn't want walk the streets of Honolulu looking for dinner. We found a table but couldn't get service for almost 20 minutes...none of the tables had been cleared in this area and as we suspected the waiter did arrive he asked "was there anything else"? Because he thought we had already been served due to the clutter on our table!! We finally ordered, drinks came out right away but we had to return both meals...the VERY expensive steak I had ordered was not cooked to order (basically bloody beyond edible) Complained to Night (manager) his response...what do you want me to do? Awesome
D
"Wonderful Vacation!"
My daughter and I had a great time and even though it was just the two of us, we always felt safe. The accommodations were beyond our expectations, it was quiet, the room was spacious and very clean, the beach was just right outside, loved the breakfast at The Veranda. The staff was very helpful and had a great attitude. The beach was a bit crowded but we were able to enjoy it and make the most of it, we were also able to come and go as we pleased at any time of day or night. I requested a room away from the street and was given a room with view to the patio, it was wonderful to look out the window to see the trees, the beach, and people lounging about. I would definitely go back!
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Good hotel but no the best...."
The hotel is in good location, the lobby area and the restaurant are spectacular, but the pool are very small and deteriored, and the air conditioner room not working good, more noise and not cool.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Gerardo
"The bathroom tub/shower was not clean. Soapscum."
The room was very pleasing and the bed very comfortable. However, the tub was not as clean as it could be and I wanted to scrub it and remove the soap scum left by other guests. For the price I paid, I would hope to have the highest standards of cleanliness. It made me wonder how clean everything else in the room was.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Fabulous location unfabulous rooms"
Great location and pretty hotel. This is a busy city and you can feel that by the staff... They all seem a bit tired of tourists. Some rooms are great, like in the new tower. Pay close attention to the type of room you are booking.
4 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
Tanya
Beautiful and in the most amazing location. DREAMY
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Old world charm"
I had wanted to stay at the Moana for years. Stayed in the Historic section. It was great. Orchestra under the Banyan tree on Friday and Saturday night was a plus that was unexpected. Breakfast on the patio next to the beach topped it off.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2014
"Deceiving"
We requested 2 queen beds. They stated it was Expedia who should have taken care of it. They placed us in a very small, 1 queen bedroom. After complaining, they eventually placed us at a two queen beds the next day. They stayed that people who book with them get priority as far as room.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Great hotel on the beach in the heart of Waikiki"
Loved the upgraded ocean view room facing diamond head crater on the original plantation building. The beach bar is always busy but have enough servers to bring you your favorite drink. Beach access is so close and shopping is just outside. We love this hotel
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Michael S
"Expensive great location"
Can't beat the location. Partial ocean view rooms are a joke we stared at the outrigger hotel the whole time. Waaaay to expensive for what you get. We got in from surfing and the pool was closed and there was still at least an hour before sunset. No hot tub. Kids were bummed.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"first class non-commercial lobby"
My wife and I looked into all the other hotels in Waikiki - all had lobby areas that looked like shopping malls except Moana Surfrider, which retains a very comfortable and classy atmosphere, including the front porch, lobby area, and back patio.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Great Hotel. Perfectly located"
he beach and beach bar great. The hotel is perfectly located among shops, restaurants, bars and water activities. Staff friendly and always helpful. The hotel is beautiful and the Banyan tree is welcoming. Great experience will return....
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Beautiful, elegant, historic hotel..."
I love this hotel! It has an elegant, historic feel of a by-gone era combined with the modern conveniences of the present. It is conveniently located amidst the restaurants and shops of Waikiki, and yet it has a tranquil atmosphere throughout the hotel grounds. The spa was lovely, too. The staff was helpful and friendly for the most part, and the bed and room was quite comfortable. My only true complaint is that the food needs improvement... especially at the poolside bar. It would be nice if there was an outdoor whirlpool, too. The only whirlpool on the property is located within the spa. Overall it was a wonderful hotel, and I would stay there again.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"Worst stay ever"
We stayed one night before our long flight back home and I can't be more sorry I ever booked this hotel. 4 star it is not. We got one small awful room after specially requesting a quiet one and was told there shouldn't be a problem. Could not sleep from the noise, we're up at 5 am. The food is terrible, bathroom not clean, shower door didn't close correctly flooding the bathroom, overcrowded 1 hr wait to go into a restaurant for dinner or breakfast, pool and beach loungers closed at 6pm for some weird reason, staff in attentive and manager acted completely indifferent with our situation stating we couldn't switch rooms because they we're all full. I told him I would write a review to warn people, he couldn't care less. Can't think of one good thing about this place. Two weeks prior we stayed at the Royal Hawaiian and everything was perfection. AVOID
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
CH
"Outstanding!!!!"
The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay special. Rooms are clean, and the hotel is right on the beach. We will definitely stay again.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Great Stay!"
Would definitely recommend this hotel! Great location and beautiful hotel.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Sherry
"Beautiful; Strong Drinks! :]"
What a beautiful hotel. Make sure you get a room in one of the tower's, however, otherwise you're in the "original hotel" part, which is just...old. The pool is a little small and pool hours are a little obnoxious--closes at 6p! No spa, either. The restaurant/bar is awesome. Drinks are strong and food is delicious. That's about it--breakfast was pretty good too! We love Hawaii!
1 night trip with friends May 14, 2014
rew
"Best place for younger kids!"
Location was perfect for my 6 yrs old swimmer. Hotel has a nice and small swimming pool right in front of the beach. The restaurants were pretty good with good services. Definitely go back there!
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
Amelie
"Great vintage hotel! Wonderful ambiance !"
Wonderful overall experience ! Charming old hotel with all the modern amenities .
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
sandy
"elegant arrival with valet's that were gracious"
the restaurants have excellent food....we had most of our meals there we had ocean view room and slept with sound of the waves the room maids were very friendly concierge helpful with all our requests beautifully decorated
Other trip May 29, 2014
Angela
"Not only perfectly located, but great facility"
Ok, so I am glad I took my time to find out a lot about the Moana Surfrider. First of all the location is magnificent. I was debating wether to stay at the Moana or The Trump Hotel. I m glad I didn't stay at the Trump because it does NOT have beach access. Facilities are clean, elegant, friendly staff. We stayed at one of the Towers in the diamond deluxe". I was hoping it was going to be at the historic building but it is okay was the views were awesome. Comfy room. I brought to the Manager's attention an issue in on of the restrooms and was immediately addressed by him. So as far as my experience, great customer service. We had breakfast the Beachouse because even McDonald's is expensive there, so why not splurge a little bit and in return you have very fabulous ocean views.
Other trip May 28, 2014
O
"The Moana Surfrider is paradise on Waikiki Beach!"
The Westin Moana Surfrider is a top-flight Waikiki Beach experience. The staff are friendly, the hotel is charming, packed with great history, and steps away from surfing, swimming, drinks, and shopping. The gentle breeze through the historic porches delivers a perfect vacation. The hotel also has complementary self-parking across the street and thus serves as an excellent home-base for anyone who plans to get off the beach and explore more of Honolulu or Oahu's amazing countryside and small towns!
Other trip May 12, 2014