All hotels in Wakefield, Massachusetts, United States of America

"Great price & Great Stay"
Was there for a wedding in Danvers, easy on & off and the room was wonderful.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
ladyT
"Room review"
The lobby was beautiful but rooms need to be updated. The rooms were clean but old. Tub had yellow spots. Bathroom did not have towel racks by sink. I'm not a fan of leaving towels that I will reuse on the counter. Beds were super comfy.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Friendly staff, very helpful"
Pleasant place to stay. Staff was helpful. They accommodated us on adjoining rooms. Water in room - coffee, tea. We didn't have to wait for the elevator for very long. Call operator with questions and they answered my requests. Thank you
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Not a good value."
The lobby is nice. The landscaping is beautiful. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is beat--dirty, old. Repairs around the toilet were very sloppy, the shower was old, dirty and stained. The shower head sprayed water out in different directions (mostly in our faces when we were trying to turn it on). It is a place where large parties go to stay so it is very noisy. There was no refrigerator. When we asked for one there were none left. The "olympic size" pool (which isn't) is located down the road at the Boston Sports Club -- not actually a part of the hotel! The whole scene is depressing and is right on the highway. BUT it is near a very lovely outdoor "mall" that is well designed and also near Whole Foods.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"all good"
all good, courteous people all around, good location, and we would be happy to come back if in the area.
Other trip May 26, 2014
jeff
The staff we're rude and not helpful. The best part of the stay was the restaurant bartender. She was very nice.
Other trip May 21, 2014
Comfortable stay. The air conditioning wasn't cold but then again, it's possible the hotel may not have been setup up for air conditioning yet since it was still cool outside. Beds were comfortable and free wifi. Gym is about a 3 minute walk to a Boston Sports Club facility which I was hesitant to go to, but really glad I did. The check in staff was very friendly and polite.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Easy"
Check in was quick, room was clean - I could have my dog no xtra fee - extremely convenient! Bed was super comfy :) I would totally stay here again.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Good hotel, little far from centre"
This hotel offered all the comfort we were looking for; only disadvantage was the distance to the centre of Boston, what was the main target of our visit to this region.
2 night family trip Apr 22, 2014
Swinkels
"nice stay at the Sheraton Colonial"
the only negative is that our room was at the far end of the hallway, so the wi-fi Internet connection was almost non-existent. Otherwise it was fine.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Didn't live up to my expectation."
Our room was a little bit of a walk from the front desk and there is only one entrance. You can go you other doors but can't get back in. Our room looked nice at first glance but we soon noticed many areas that were not clean. Dirty mirror, dusty corners, coffee on the wall behind the coffee maker. ...Doesn't make you feel comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel, Wonderful Staff"
This was the second time I have stayed at this hotel, and I was not disappointed at all. Clean rooms, elegant lobby, and very convenient to highways and local shopping. The staff was very professional, courteous, helpful, and pleasant. They do their best to accommodate guests. A wonderful experience.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Great stay With two exceptions."
We only stayed for one night before my daughters and her friends cheerleading competition in the morning. 2 adults( the moms) and 1 teen and 2 children ( the cheerleaders) Room was clean. Front desk staff was very good, cheerful. The rooms were clean, beds super compfy. We splurged and ordered room service for breakfast and it was delivered hot and was yummy. The down side. We were 5 in a room, for the cost of the room, it really should not be an extra 20.00 dollars for a cot. Three people cannot sleep in one bed, and there is no couch in the room. If your allowing a room to be booked for 5 , then the cot should be included. The Bar and resturant is the only reason for the 3 Score. Once the kids were settled down the other Mom and I went to the bar /resturant for a drink or two and late night dinner as we had fed the kids earlier but were planning some adult time. The service was horrendous, we waited 15 minutes, approached the bartender who said your server will be with you and then waited another 15 minutes until we grabbed someone to take a drink order. 10 minutes later we had to ask for a menu. It was ridiculous. We will stay there again, however, we will go somewhere else for dinner.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Stacy
"Quality place to stay!"
The hotel is in great shape and very convenient if working in the area. The hotel has access to the Boston Sports Club next door, which has everything you could possibly need in a fitness center, which I really appreciated. Also, Whole Foods and Starbucks are right around the corner.
2 night trip Mar 31, 2014
"Wonderful stay"
Well maintained and clean hotel. Service staff friendly and cheerful. Quiet rooms, very comfortable king size bed. Very close to the highway, some highway noise was experienced, nothing terrible though. Will stay again.
3 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
Chris K.
When booking this room, I requested a king and a double for my family of five. Our ages were listed on the reservation. We did not go into our rooms until we were ready for bed, and found that we ha 2 doubles. Not a huge deal, but none of us slept well because we were not comfortable. Also, only 3 towels were in the bathroom. The heater was loud and kicked on numerous times throughout the night, but I was unable to get up to adjust the setting because I was wedged between 2 of my children. This last issue was not the hotel's fault, but there were a lot of kids staying there for a judo tournament, and they were very loud in the halls throughout the night, which didn't help.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Conveniently located. I was there for a funeral, did not have an opportunity to check out many of the services
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
"Pleasant Hotel Staff & Pleasant Hotel Overall"
Hotel is very nice and easy to get around. The Staff is very,very helpful & I enjoyed access to the Boston Sports Club. The Market place outdoor mall was very nice to have access to as well with one of the best Whole Foods Stores I have ever been in.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
J
"Nice hotel, cheaper than Boston."
Very nice hotel, clean, comfortable rooms, very friendly staff. Need to stop using the customer elevator as the service elevator. Janitor carts leave no room for my luggage cart. This happened multiple times, and is annoying.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
I will definitely go back!
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"No pool!!"
It says it has indoor pool.but wen uget there the pool is another building a nyc gym!! And its no good if u have kids
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Top Notch"
This hotel is very old, as a kid I went to many weddings and other events there, but you could hardly tell. Except for a drafty window in our room everything was in like new condition or recently renovated. The windows in our room being the exception. Very old, moisture between the glass from worn seals and lots of old caulking around them and even with this the curtains were moving from the wind but the heat did a very good job off keeping the room warm.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2013
Nate
"Popular Highway Hotel for Surrounding Boston Towns"
We have stayed here multiple times for Christmas week with family. This location is reliable, convenient to towns north of Boston and a great price/value. Staff is friendly and cooperative. We are always on the second floor facing the service entrance which is generally quiet but used by the dumpster company. Hotel has the notorious in-room HVAC unit which in our case made so much noise we had to change rooms --- which worked. This hotel does a booming trade in Asian bus tours which I believe takes up many rooms in the hotel tower. Oddly, the tours have little impact on the other guests as they arrive late and leave at dawn. Food in the restaurant was surprisingly good including dinner and the breakfast buffet (at cost). Hotel located on the main interstate, yet no road noise. Huge working fireplaces in lobby a nice touch. Major fitness center next door for guests.
4 night trip Dec 25, 2013
Don R.
"Great staff"
This is a great hotel, I love it.
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2013
Amber
"Nice stay before Xmas"
The staff was kind enough to upgrade the suite for me, what a surprise?
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
james
"An oasis off a busy highway"
It wasn't the best circumstances to stay at this hotel but my wife and I needed to be close to the wake and funeral for my mother.The hotel was cheery and the staff was warm, and Fauna, the receptionist shook my hand and offered condolences. I was impressed with the friendliness of every staff member we came across. The hotel itself had a modern, yet cozy feel to it. We ate lunch and a late dinner at the restaurant which had a wonderful menu that wasn't overpriced. The burger I had for dinner was one of the best in recent memory. The new Market Place shops nearby are actually within walking distance. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Considering the circumstances in which we stayed here, I would want to stay here again at another time. It's convenient to the historic sites in Salem less than 5 miles away, and the North Shore beaches are just up the highway on Route 128. I even recommended the restaurant to a few of my friends already.
Other trip Dec 13, 2013
John T
"Excellent Accomodations"
The staff was fantastic, and the hotel was nicely maintained. The bathroom was rather cramped, but I could overlook that because at least it was very clean! The restaurant offered excellent food. Breakfast was a little overpriced in my opinion. I was surprised that we could get such good accommodations at such a reasonable price. I'd definitely stay here again!
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Teish
"Comfortable"
Great location not too far from Boston and excellent staff
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Htl&Conference Cntr
Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed the Sheraton Colonial Boston North Hotel & Conference Center’s location, just a short drive from Boston. Your praise for our staff is truly appreciated and we hope that you can visit us again soon.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
"Comfortable"
Great location not too far from Boston and excellent staff
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
"A good choice and location"
A good choice if you are in the area north of Boston and you are not going into the city. It is too far from Boston to be convenient for that purpose. It's almost as close to the Manchester NH airport as it is to Logan. It so happened we were attending an event in that part of the area and it was a fine choice. The lounge hours are a little sketchy.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"Great staff, clean rooms, nearby BSC"
Some of the negatives about this hotel are because the gym is not in the actual building. Instead, it's an actual Boston Sports Complex that's a 2 minute walk. I was pretty happy about this since a BSC is much better then most hotel's fascilities anyway. As for the actual hotel, it was very pleasant. The staff was terrific and the room was so comfortable.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Htl&Conference Cntr
Thank you for sharing your impressions of our property. We are very pleased to learn that you found our staff to be terrific and our accommodations so comfortable. Please come back and see us again soon at the Sheraton Colonial Boston North Hotel & Conference Center.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
Andy
"Great hotel with exceptional staff"
Very satisfied after my hotel stay. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. When I had an issue with my room they quickly transferred me to a nearby room. The rooms are huge, well-kept and one of the most comfortable beds I've seen in a hotel. I will be sure to stay here again the next time I am in the Boston area.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Htl&Conference Cntr
Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your experience at the Sheraton Colonial Boston North Hotel & Conference Center. We are delighted that you were so comfortable in the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ bed in your room and that our associates could quickly move you to a new room upon learning about a concern you had. All of us here are looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the Boston area.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
Emily
"Excellent customer service"
I don't think I've ever been to a hotel where EVERY employee has been as welcoming, friendly or as helpful. The rooms were nice, the beds super comfy and we had everything we needed.
3 night trip Nov 1, 2013
emsscot
"Eh"
I was really excited for this hotel because I saw a nice work-out facility. However, it's a sports complex (a private gym) about 1-2 blocks away. I was really looking forward to using the pool, but the weekend I arrived the pool was closed due to maintenance. The room was cozy, the bed was comfortable, but the bathroom was tiny. Two people wouldn't be able to use it together while getting ready. And the walls must be thin or it's just a really old building because we heard everything from the neighbors next door and above us. I travel a lot so I know you're going to hear your neighbors, but I heard everything from the exact show they were watching on TV, if they were using water in the sink/tub/toilet, and even the staff dumping out glass bottles in the dumpster right outside our room at 7am on a Sunday morning. There is a restaurant at the hotel which looked really nice, but we didn't use it. I would still recommend this hotel to others because it was comfortable, but I cannot justify the price when it came to the facilities as a whole.
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Htl&Conference Cntr
Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Colonial Boston North Hotel & Conference Center. We are very glad that your stay was comfortable; however, we were disappointed to learn that not every aspect of your stay was as you hoped. It is regrettable that sounds emanating from outside your guest room were a disruption and that the pool at the Boston Sports Club was undergoing maintenance at the time of your visit. Your comments are appreciated and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Ifer27
"Great stopover and easy access to everything"
Pet-friendly, kid-friendly and very easy check-in and check-out process. The process to have your pet with you was also extremely stress-free. We had a great stay.
1 night family trip Oct 13, 2013
Kate
"A business location"
Satisfactory
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
"Management couldn't have been better"
It's a great hotel but not an inexpensive option for the area. I was expecting things to be perfect but there was a very awkward issue involving housekeeping however the manager Jennifer tenaciously made sure to put it right and went above and beyond to turn a very negative experience into something positive. Training or natural ability she handled it wonderfully well - overall as an example of the hotel chain she set a very very good one. You cannot fault that.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2013
"Seasonal convienence"
The rooms in the main biulding are much better compared to the lower floor rooms for the same price.The fitness center and pool may be an inconvienence to get to in the winter. For what i paid breakfast should have been included. Maintenance is available promptly all hours of the night i found
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"Boston"
Booked King, got Queen! AC not working properly. TV remote control not working No bar soap...
Response by Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Htl&Conference Cntr
We sincerely apologize for all the difficulties encountered during your stay and hope to have an opportunity in the future to provide you with a stay that exceeds your expectations. Thank you for your review.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
"no in hotel fitness center"
old and not well mantained
4 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
"close to fenway park"
Overall, our stay at the hotel was pleasant and relaxing, which my boyfriend and I were hoping for. However, I booked myself a room on Hotels.com app for a room with a King size bed. Confirmation was sent to me with such details. Upon arrival to the hotel, I was disappointed to find out that our room had two double beds, rather than the King bed I specifically bought. The Sheraton could not make any other accommodations, seeing as they were "overbooked" and were minus three rooms already. The Sheraton's lack of preparation was unacceptable, as I purchased the room with the intention of having one bed for two people. I am still unsure whether it was Hotels.com's fault or The Sheraton, but for that I rate my overall experience as a 3.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Rachel
"Exceeded Expectations"
Property is very convenient, clean, quiet and reasonably priced. Breakfast was more than adequate and staff was attentive in replenishing items.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Alan
"nice hotel for the price"
This hotel had a full service restaurant and bar attached, and a very nice lobby area... both of which were unexpected at the price point. Rooms are a little dated but good beds and everything works.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"easy to commute tooston and other places"
Good service, always cleaned up in AM ,very nicely kept room.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
nik
I enjoyed the extras that the hotel offered. As they have an agreement with a nearby sports club, we enjoyed using the Sauna and Jacuzzi's that were available during our stay. However, it seemed as though there were screaming children everywhere.The hotel staff was pleasant and very helpful answering questions, and parking was easy and accessible. The beds were extremely comfortable and therefore we slept very well. There wasn't a refrigerator in the room even though I expected to have one. When I inquired, the hotel staff informed me that they aren't available unless you request one, and there is $10 charge to your room if you get one.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
when we first got there had problem with TV, also thought the bar should be open past midnight....otherwise everything was fine
2 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2013
"Very comfortable beds"
Good location, comfy beds and loved getting to work out at the gym for free!
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
"Nice gym and pool but in a distant"
The building is old, but keep it quite clean. Staff are very nice and responsive. Gym and pool are a big surprise as they actually located in another building with Boston Sports Club.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Would I stay here again? probably not"
I booked for one night stay on during labor day weekend. The staff seemed very friendly and check-in was painless. However, once I got to the room, things went south. First of all, the door was partially open. Turns out the door was rubbing against the frame and you have to force it to close or open. It made loud rubbing sounds as well. The room was quite small, and the bathroom had a towel and unused soap dropped on the floor. Seemed like whoever cleaned the room forgot to look everything over. The disappointment continued once I got into the bed. The sheet was washed, but had some sort of stain on it. The bedding smelled a bit as well. At this point, wife wanted to ask for a different room, but I was too tired and since it was just a one night, I didn't want to bother. Have I stayed at worse hotels? Of course, Plenty. However, I didn't expect this from a place with Sheraton name on it.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Inconsiderate readying of rooms"
I called Sheraton 2-3 xs to ask if they could have 1 or 2 rooms ready by 1-2pm so we, 5 os us could get ready for a Family wedding...They were Very indifferent.. We were asked to Pay full amount upfront with no Cancellation policy... When we arrived at 2:30pm No rooms were ready... at 3pm Only one room was ready, at 3:30pm both rooms were ready very Late...Inconsiderate of our needs.. Also the breakfast lounge was dirty at 7am, crumbs on table, counter and trash on the floor..., my doughnut was yesterday stale and the staff was not attending the kitchen and later was indifferent to my wife's request for milk or half n half for her coffee... Rude.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013