All hotels in Austintown, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here5280 76 Dr, I-80e Ex 223 I 76 Ex 218, Austintown, OH, 44515, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.7
"Stay Away"
I have used other Super 8 but I will never use this one again. The hotel counter person asked for my credit card. The room/bed was not clean. I slept in my clothes. I checked out at 4:30 am the next morning b/c it was noisy.
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
Holly
"Good enough for one night stay"
Room was clean and quite but motel located near truck driver stop which was not developed well outside. Location although very close to expressway. Breakfast as usual within a small area. Over all motel real estate small relatively which with lot of luggage could be a challenging maneuvering. Bottom line, don't be wowed but will meet your basic requirements, if stay is not long.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2014
"very close to Canfield Fair!"
I always stay here.You get a clean ,comfortable room at a great value! I will be there next September!
4 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
Susan Toot
"fine"
They were so helpful at the front desk with our pet. THANKS!!! Good foe an interstate hotel
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Midway to destination"
Very good accommodations. stayed going and coming to/from destination.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Ricky
"Dingy and Disappointing"
Only thing nice about our stay was the pleasant clerk at check-in. Room was noisy, dingy, dated. Smelled heavily of air freshener that was unsuccessfully trying to cover up stale, moldy odor. Mattress was beyond its natural lifespan. For price we ended up paying via Hotels.com, ther was no value at all. Overall experience was exptremely disappointing.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
sheath48
"Perfectly nice, if that is what you want"
Saw someone flame against this place because some strip club is (it turns out) within a few hundred yards, so I kinda knew not to take it seriously. Place seems fine, clean, nice staff, reasonably friendly clientele, though next to a truck stop so ya gets what ya pays for. There are NO hotels in Youngstown itself so you will have to stay somewhere like this and you probably wont be coming here for the scenery so if you want to pay this price, the place will do OK. Some reasonable restaurants nearby.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
Jonathan S
"Do NOT stay here - next to strip club and filthy!"
I was so disgusted by this hotel that I didn't even stay the night. I just packed it up left. Filthy filthy filthy and reeked of smoke in the entire place. It's also next to a strip club and the area is less than savory. Yuck!
1 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
"Not best area, but the place was comfortable!"
I had a non-smoking room that still smelled a bit smoky. Otherwise the lady at the desk was very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was good in the morning too. They could benefit from better pillows, but I was quite comfortable and would consider it again.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
Jim Laman
"Overnite Stop"
My only complaint about the hotel is it's close proximity to I-80 with the accompanying noise from truck traffic throughout the night. Otherwise, the hotel was fine.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2014
"Not Satisfied - Smelled like an ashtray"
After our last stay at Super 8 Mifflinville, PA I had high expectations for Super 8 Youngstown/Austintown, OH. After a long drive on the way home from NYC we were expecting a clean fresh stay. The motel is conveniently located off the highway but it is right next to a truck stop. The first thing you experience when walking into the motel lobby is STRONG cigarette smell. It was almost overwhelming. Our non-smoking room was right across the hall from a smoking room. The smell permeated into our room and was unavoidable. As non-smokers we are sensitive to cigarette smoke and by morning my whole family had headaches. I will say the building and room were clean and comfortable but the WIFI never did work right.
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2014
When we arrived we were booked into a Smoking Room; we are non smokers and a smoking room is Extremely Distasteful to us!! After some discussion, we were changed into a non smoking room. The manager told us that Hotels.com always does this, I do not know if this is true, if it is, Hotels.com needs to address it!!
1 night trip Mar 19, 2014
"Do not let all the reviews scare you"
I did not read all the reviews until after I booked the hotel. So, needless to say, we were a little concerned about our hotel selection. We had no issues at all. We got what we paid for, a place to sleep and have a small breakfast at an inexpensive chain hotel. It was fine for me and my wife and our two boys for the wrestling tournament over the weekend.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
kirky
"with family n kids.. better go to some other place"
Not recommend for family with kids....room and hallway stinks with cigarate smoke even though it was a non smoking room
1 night trip Mar 9, 2014
"Good good what we needed"
Rooms were surprisingly clean. Good for the 1 night stay. Breakfast was okay, nothing special.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Great nights sleep!"
This hotel was very quiet, not a party spot. The breakfast was open at 5:20 A.M. which is very unusual, great for us. Was kind of leery that they accepted pets, but I did'nt smell a thing.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Worth the Money"
For what we were paying I figured it would be worse. We stayed four days to go to a wedding and spend time with family in youngstown. The location was odd because of the adult massage parlors, trucker showers, and strip club on the same street as the hotel. BUT the hotel was clean, the staff was nice, and it was safe. The breakfast wasn't much so we didn't use it.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2013
Dru Hanni
had a molded smell. the bed frame stuck out so everytime i walked around the bed i hit my knee; left a good bruise. the staff very friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2013
"clean friendly no frills"
convenient not to noisy slight smoke smell in hallway, friendly staff. would stay there again. close to good resturants, perkins and cracker barrel.
7 night family trip Sep 14, 2013
ken and randi
"Great Value"
Decent place especially for the money. It is right across the street from a few adult entertainment businesses, if that offends you. Very friendly staff. I've stayed here a couple of times and would again.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Liz
"No issues or concerns"
Only bad thing - it is across the road from an adult "play" center and several truck stops.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
the complimentary breakfast could have been a little better
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
Cedric
"Clean. Only thing nice to say about it."
The mattresses were so hard we had trouble falling to sleep, then our back and neck hurt the next day. Continental breakfast was prepackaged mini muffins or eggo type frozen waffles. Coffee was good, but only powder creamer. Very sad, as we have stayed in much nicer hotels for same amount of money.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2013
"MOST HELPFUL STAFF!!!"
The staff went out of their way to ensure that my stay was perfect...Thank you.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2013
Army Dad
"Great for a quick trip"
It was simple and nothing overly fancy, but very well kept and clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Ohio trip"
The staff was pleasant. Skipped the free breakfast once we saw what was there; frozen waffles, 2 types of cereal, yogurt, muffins, etc. nice gesture. Hotel is close to highway and truck stop so it is noisy but half the price as other hotels in the area. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Nicole H
"Very Freindly Staff"
the rooms are clean and comfortable for $,but the staff really went the extra mile when it came to service.I would stay here again if i am in the area
1 night business trip Dec 28, 2012
"Great...if you're a trucker."
This hotel is trucker paradise. It's located on a dead-end street with a truck wash, truck-only gas station and Club 76, featuring, uh, live entertainment. The management was very nice and pleasant, everything was orderly and breakfast was sufficient, but the carpets appeared to be rather grimy and our non-smoking room smelled pretty bad. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it for families.
Other trip Aug 13, 2012
was okay for a short stay. very thin walls!
Other trip Jul 10, 2012
"This is really for truckers."
The first room we were given was hot and air conditioner was old. Second room was adequate, clean, and we were able to stay cool on a 100 degree weekend. Building is old and worn, but relatively clean. Outside doors are not kept locked despite presence of room card readers.Could hear people walking in room above us at 3:00 am. Place is next to an interstate truck depot of some sort. Hotel is geared to meeting the needs of overnight trucking industry. Would avoid staying here if a woman traveling alone.
Sis
room not clean
"Where is this place?"
We had second thoughts about this hotel after not being able to find the frontage road and then, after we did find the road, driving by boarded up buildings, adults-only clubs, and an old industrial park. The motel itself was adequate, but I doubt we will ever return.
Other trip Jul 8, 2012
kmb

"All Good"
missed the waffles
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Bad service, bad choice"
Front desk person was not courteous.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2013
U Habiba
"none smokeing??"
the only problem I has with the hotel was when I got a none smoking room it was on the same floor as the smoking rooms and the other problem was when my friend asked for my room at the front desk they just gave them the room number without informing me that someone was looking for me let be honest now who knows who I could of been.............
Other trip Sep 6, 2012
Tony

TripAdvisor reviews for Super 8 Youngstown / Austintown

"Nasty Hotel"
06/22/15 F2342LIwilliamh Orlando, Florida
This room was labeled non-smoking, but smelled like someone smoked 3 packs a day. I've stayed at Super 8 many times, but after this trip I doubt I will return
"Return Visit"
06/15/15 Leonard J Backus, Minnesota
I have stayed in this motel previously. It is clean and the staff is courteous. My only concern is the curb appeal and hard to find. There should be a separate smoking area outside than b y the front door.
"Great Place to Stay"
06/09/15 828cherylm Chillicothe, Ohio
Was treated well and the price was right. Rooms were clean and comfortable and service was great. The cleaning lady was extra special and so helpful. Will definitely stay there again.
"I thought the ac unit wasn't working properly. The room..."
06/01/15 R968PEdavidm Channahon, Illinois
I thought the ac unit wasn't working properly. The room should have been cooler ,after all I had setting on max cool. Also the refrigerator did not cool at all.
"I was very pleased with my stay the room was very clean.the housekeeper on my floor was wonderful."
05/29/15 Metoyer L Campbell, California
My experience at Super 8 was wonderful.each time i stay there my rooms were very clean.my stay there was very pleasant. i stay their every time i come to town.the housekeepers are very pleasant and makes sure that your stay is nice.
"Barely adequate one night stay "
05/25/15 Egill1621 Gaithersburg, Maryland
Checked in here late at night due to driving all night. Paid around $100 to stay for just a few hours sleep. Room was very basic and outdated. Pet friendly was a plus but all super 8's are (I think?). Stains on pillows and blankets, old window AC unit and the tub was filthy (covered in a very visible black scum) I opted to skip my shower in the morning. Overall, way overpriced for the basic amenities offered.
"Have stayed at this in the past"
05/18/15 Don S Edmond
I stayed at 3 different motels in 4 days with this one having a 2 nights stay. The other 2 gave us a 20% AMAC discount. AMAC is the same as AARP with the exception it is for conservatives and not liberals like AARP. They give 20% for AARP. The other properties I stayed at allowed 20%. Also, it charged top dollar for a regular nights stay without discounts, $89+. I stayed at a 4 star in Aurora CO. and it was only $65+ but with 20% they charged only $52. It even had a full scale breakfast included. It is down the street from a local strip joint so it isn't that it's on the rich side of town. It's a truck stop.
"Avoid at all cost!!!!!!"
04/29/15 Alpena Days I Alpena, Michigan
I required a pet friendly hotel on my return trip home from Florida. I booked a room at this property, upon arrival at 2:30 am the night person was very rude and condescending. She told me we don't have any pet rooms and that she cancelled my reservation anyway. I can't comment on the quality of a guest room as I never got in to a room. I drove another hour and a half to find a pet friendly room available. Please don't subject yourself and your family to this kind of poor customer service!
"Business Man"
04/07/15 Steve R Pembine
Place was a very good value, I travel all over and would recomend this place to anyone. Everyone was very friendly, room was very clean, breakfast was alright nothing spectacular would stay here again
"Money well spent"
03/19/15 Anthony H ?
Hotel is clean and staff was very nice. Breakfast needs some improvement. Very cheap when it comes to that. Needs fresh hot breakfast instead of eggo waffles. Would be nice if they had a waffle maker.