All hotels in Austintown, Ohio, United States of America
5280 76 Dr, I-80e Ex 223 I 76 Ex 218, Austintown, OH, 44515, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.7
"A diamond in the rough, literally."
The hotel was clean & neat, with the usual basic amenities. It was quiet, with plenty of fast food and family restaurants since this is a giant oasis for the interstates. My reservations? The neighborhood might be intimidating to some: a little hard to spot/find; semi-trailer parking in large lots to its left and right, and a large message parlor/hang out across the road. Many of the guests were truckers, and their salty language may be offensive to some.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
"Probably won't stay here again unless necessary."
The room smelled moldy when we entered it. And when water was run in the bathroom sink, more moldy smell. The beds were comfy enough and the sheets seemed clean except for the lingering smoke smell in a non-smoking room. Staff was friendly enough. Breakfast was the usual continental breakfast. Location was OK. Some reviews complained about the truck stop and strip club near by but we didn't have any problems with it. The price was decent, but for what we paid I was hoping the room wouldn't smell so bad. Probably won't stay there again unless it's the only option.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Gretchen
"Overall, not great"
Room was clean, but beds were very stiff and uncomfortable! Great exercise plan, everytime u want to change the channel, u gotta get up, because the remote had dead batteries! Continental breakfast= cold cereal, fruit, and coffee! At least they had well stocked vending machines there! Not anything special! Right next to the interstate, so u can listen to the traffic! Would not recommend to anyone!
Other trip May 16, 2015
weekend warrior
"Stay Away"
I have used other Super 8 but I will never use this one again. The hotel counter person asked for my credit card. The room/bed was not clean. I slept in my clothes. I checked out at 4:30 am the next morning b/c it was noisy.
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
Holly
"Good enough for one night stay"
Room was clean and quite but motel located near truck driver stop which was not developed well outside. Location although very close to expressway. Breakfast as usual within a small area. Over all motel real estate small relatively which with lot of luggage could be a challenging maneuvering. Bottom line, don't be wowed but will meet your basic requirements, if stay is not long.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2014
"very close to Canfield Fair!"
I always stay here.You get a clean ,comfortable room at a great value! I will be there next September!
4 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
Susan Toot
"fine"
They were so helpful at the front desk with our pet. THANKS!!! Good foe an interstate hotel
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Midway to destination"
Very good accommodations. stayed going and coming to/from destination.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Ricky
"Dingy and Disappointing"
Only thing nice about our stay was the pleasant clerk at check-in. Room was noisy, dingy, dated. Smelled heavily of air freshener that was unsuccessfully trying to cover up stale, moldy odor. Mattress was beyond its natural lifespan. For price we ended up paying via Hotels.com, ther was no value at all. Overall experience was exptremely disappointing.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
sheath48
"Perfectly nice, if that is what you want"
Saw someone flame against this place because some strip club is (it turns out) within a few hundred yards, so I kinda knew not to take it seriously. Place seems fine, clean, nice staff, reasonably friendly clientele, though next to a truck stop so ya gets what ya pays for. There are NO hotels in Youngstown itself so you will have to stay somewhere like this and you probably wont be coming here for the scenery so if you want to pay this price, the place will do OK. Some reasonable restaurants nearby.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
Jonathan S
"Do NOT stay here - next to strip club and filthy!"
I was so disgusted by this hotel that I didn't even stay the night. I just packed it up left. Filthy filthy filthy and reeked of smoke in the entire place. It's also next to a strip club and the area is less than savory. Yuck!
1 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
"Not best area, but the place was comfortable!"
I had a non-smoking room that still smelled a bit smoky. Otherwise the lady at the desk was very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was good in the morning too. They could benefit from better pillows, but I was quite comfortable and would consider it again.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
Jim Laman
"Overnite Stop"
My only complaint about the hotel is it's close proximity to I-80 with the accompanying noise from truck traffic throughout the night. Otherwise, the hotel was fine.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2014
"Not Satisfied - Smelled like an ashtray"
After our last stay at Super 8 Mifflinville, PA I had high expectations for Super 8 Youngstown/Austintown, OH. After a long drive on the way home from NYC we were expecting a clean fresh stay. The motel is conveniently located off the highway but it is right next to a truck stop. The first thing you experience when walking into the motel lobby is STRONG cigarette smell. It was almost overwhelming. Our non-smoking room was right across the hall from a smoking room. The smell permeated into our room and was unavoidable. As non-smokers we are sensitive to cigarette smoke and by morning my whole family had headaches. I will say the building and room were clean and comfortable but the WIFI never did work right.
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2014
When we arrived we were booked into a Smoking Room; we are non smokers and a smoking room is Extremely Distasteful to us!! After some discussion, we were changed into a non smoking room. The manager told us that Hotels.com always does this, I do not know if this is true, if it is, Hotels.com needs to address it!!
1 night trip Mar 19, 2014
"Do not let all the reviews scare you"
I did not read all the reviews until after I booked the hotel. So, needless to say, we were a little concerned about our hotel selection. We had no issues at all. We got what we paid for, a place to sleep and have a small breakfast at an inexpensive chain hotel. It was fine for me and my wife and our two boys for the wrestling tournament over the weekend.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
kirky
"with family n kids.. better go to some other place"
Not recommend for family with kids....room and hallway stinks with cigarate smoke even though it was a non smoking room
1 night trip Mar 9, 2014
"Good good what we needed"
Rooms were surprisingly clean. Good for the 1 night stay. Breakfast was okay, nothing special.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Great nights sleep!"
This hotel was very quiet, not a party spot. The breakfast was open at 5:20 A.M. which is very unusual, great for us. Was kind of leery that they accepted pets, but I did'nt smell a thing.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Worth the Money"
For what we were paying I figured it would be worse. We stayed four days to go to a wedding and spend time with family in youngstown. The location was odd because of the adult massage parlors, trucker showers, and strip club on the same street as the hotel. BUT the hotel was clean, the staff was nice, and it was safe. The breakfast wasn't much so we didn't use it.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2013
Dru Hanni
had a molded smell. the bed frame stuck out so everytime i walked around the bed i hit my knee; left a good bruise. the staff very friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2013
"clean friendly no frills"
convenient not to noisy slight smoke smell in hallway, friendly staff. would stay there again. close to good resturants, perkins and cracker barrel.
7 night family trip Sep 14, 2013
ken and randi
"Great Value"
Decent place especially for the money. It is right across the street from a few adult entertainment businesses, if that offends you. Very friendly staff. I've stayed here a couple of times and would again.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Liz
"No issues or concerns"
Only bad thing - it is across the road from an adult "play" center and several truck stops.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
the complimentary breakfast could have been a little better
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
Cedric
"Clean. Only thing nice to say about it."
The mattresses were so hard we had trouble falling to sleep, then our back and neck hurt the next day. Continental breakfast was prepackaged mini muffins or eggo type frozen waffles. Coffee was good, but only powder creamer. Very sad, as we have stayed in much nicer hotels for same amount of money.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2013
"MOST HELPFUL STAFF!!!"
The staff went out of their way to ensure that my stay was perfect...Thank you.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2013
Army Dad
"Great for a quick trip"
It was simple and nothing overly fancy, but very well kept and clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Ohio trip"
The staff was pleasant. Skipped the free breakfast once we saw what was there; frozen waffles, 2 types of cereal, yogurt, muffins, etc. nice gesture. Hotel is close to highway and truck stop so it is noisy but half the price as other hotels in the area. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Nicole H
"Very Freindly Staff"
the rooms are clean and comfortable for $,but the staff really went the extra mile when it came to service.I would stay here again if i am in the area
1 night business trip Dec 28, 2012

"All Good"
missed the waffles
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Bad service, bad choice"
Front desk person was not courteous.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2013
U Habiba
"none smokeing??"
the only problem I has with the hotel was when I got a none smoking room it was on the same floor as the smoking rooms and the other problem was when my friend asked for my room at the front desk they just gave them the room number without informing me that someone was looking for me let be honest now who knows who I could of been.............
Other trip Sep 6, 2012
Other trip Jan 23, 2013
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2012
Tony

TripAdvisor reviews for Super 8 Youngstown / Austintown

"Clean, great staff, fun with the truckers"
08/27/15 Chris H Dallas, Georgia
For a Super8 frequented by truckers, hosting new hires from the various schools and those having downtime for rest or repair this is a great place to stay. Very convenient to the interstate. The continental breakfast is a little boring, could use a better selection of fruit
08/24/15 Donna D Wayne
The only kind of negative thing about this property is it's a bit hard to find. There could be more signage. Other then that, a pleasant stay.
"Super8"
08/24/15 396bonnied Woodbridge, New Jersey
Great hotel for the $ Rooms were clean, the staff was very nice. But the carpert in the room was very dirty, needed to keep my shoes on, they should give them a good carpet cleaning.
08/23/15 LeeFletch
We stayed here as an overnighter and was pleasantly surprised with the room. This place is not outdated as i was expecting. The place is really clean and staff are very friendly. I would stay here again.
"a good nights sleep"
08/17/15 mrs_debe Oshkosh, Wisconsin
This hotel is a bit run down (and a little musty smelling), surrounded by stripper joints and adult stores but the front desk gal was very friendly, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The morning breakfast was slim.
"Cross Country Trip"
08/13/15 Carl W Leicester, Massachusetts
Stopped in America's heartland. Super 8 had been good to us with nice rooms and amenities and we had decided that we would stop at a Super 8 whenever we could find a convenient one in our travels. We liked knowing that they would most always be the same quality with no surprises. Room was a bit dated, but clean. Only real complaint was the breakfast. Sour milk and stale cereal. Just a bit more effort would have been appreciated.
"Nice stay for the money"
08/11/15 Candace R Auburn Twp
All in all, not a bad little hotel for a place to sleep. We had a wedding nearby, so booked 3 rooms. Clearly the coffee was a big draw during breakfast, since it was empty twice when other members of my party went for it. Decent rooms, clean hotel.
"Decent Night Sleep"
08/10/15 IncredibleWoody Tullahoma, Tennessee
We stopped here for a quick overnight while traveling through the area. We were a little fearful about the safety of our vehicles due to the 'gentlemen's club' next door. But there was no problem. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Perfect for what we needed. A place to lay our heads without paying an arm and a leg.
"No room at the Inn"
08/09/15 Marie R Madison, Wisconsin
We planned on spending the night in Cleveland but we were not able to find a room due to the Hall of Fame inductions. I think this was the last available room in Youngstown. The motel is dated but the rooms were clean. The hallway is smoky but if you get a room away from the stairway it is better. I got the feeling the the area in which the motel may be a bit rough. There is a gentle men's club fairly close by and "gun" stickers in the front windows. I am glad we did not have our small dog along as I would not have wanted to walk her at night in that area. The breakfast was not much to speak of as it consisted of cold cereal and rolls. The staff was very friendly.
"A great place to stay at a reasonable price."
08/05/15 Kurtis C Keyser, West Virginia
Nice clean room, good location. Close to Casino and close to interstate. Staff was very nice & friendly. Night person let me see the room before renting it. Day front desk lady was very nice and polite and helpful to al of my questions. No trouble with parking. This was a last minute check in and I was very satisfied with this establishment. All the staff I encountered were very nice. I informed the front desk that I will definitely stay here again if back in town.