All hotels in Holland, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here680 E. 24th Street, Holland, MI, 49423, United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

2.6
    2.4
    2.4
"More Light Please"
They are remodeling this hotel and it is not quite there yet. I did miss having a comfy chair to sit in (not the desk chair) and there was no reading light on one side of the king size bed. The towels were probably clean but looked yellow and dingy (perhaps they have rust in their wash water).
2 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
kimberly
"Visit back to Hometown"
It was Okay
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Kurt
"Wow"
This is the worst and scariest hotel I've ever stayed in. It felt like a prison cell. Thank god we got paroled the next day.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Horrible Hotel! Avoid this- at all costs"
It was horrible, the staff stayed on the phone for 10 minutes while we were trying to check in- acted like we were not even there! Checked in and the smell and filth in the room, made us gag! When to ask for another room and she said it was an up grade- We went from a king room to 2 doubles ( my husband and I ) It was dirty and still smelled but not gaging smell just awful. The linens were dirty and the towels were ripped and so hard they about tore you skin off! Ice machine was broken and what they called breakfast were dried up muffins and banannas. No One should ever stay there. I wanted to leave but because I booked through EXPEDIA they would not refund the money so i was stuck. Sleep in your car if you have to, anything would be better than staying at American's Worst
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
LOLO
"convient location only"
Was told at check-in this was a no smoking hotel, No problem with that. Used elevator to get to second floor where room was. Elevator smelled of fresh cigarret smoke(Hmm) Get to room and room smelled of stale smoke. Bed spread had two large rips in it. We notified front desk of smoke odor and bed spread problem so we would not be charged a $250.00 fee. Our stay was for four days at this hotel access to the room was with an electronic key card on three of the days we were lock out of the room due to the card expiring. We then had to go to front desk and play a game of who are you: what is your room number, what is your name where do you live, ETC, After the second time this game was not funny. Hotel was in poor shape. I would have gone else where but it was Labor Day weekend and hotel rooms were in short supply. I would not stay here or at any hotels in this chain in the future.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
I will never use hotels.com again
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"Quiet, needs some updates"
On vacation. Place needs some updates. Clean room but old carpet, furniture and bed
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
D
"Hotel-nado"
Beds old. Linen old. Carpet filthy. Mini fridge and microwave on a slab of plywood on the floor. Air did not work. No vending machines, had to buy from behind the counter, once you rang the bell. Desperate need of up grade.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
"Dirty"
I felt like I was in a unsanitary hotel. Bathroom was not cleaned, room smelled bad and carpet was stained. Glad I only had to stay for a night. The other hotels in Holland were all booked.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
"Help wanted"
Did I pay higher than the "walk-in rate"? Clerk couldn't find my reservation. He kept calling his supervisor for instructions.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Out dated hotel"
Out dated room needing repair and remodel. Beds and pillows very uncomfortable. Bathroom very bare with vanity top held up by shelf brackets. Breakfast was poor.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
disapointed
"Not a clean place!!!!"
Dirty washcloths hanging in shower. Dirt on show curtain. My socks were dirty from the carpet. Empty wrappers under desk. Broken alarm clock. And towels were like drying with sandpaper! For the price, BIG disappointment!!!
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
ben p.
"What we expected from other reviews"
A mediocre hotel, which is what we expected when we read the reviews and booked the room. Wouldn't recommend it but it was fine for a couple nights. Clean enough but the room did not smell good at all.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Pam
"A place to sleep"
When I walked in to check in, the two peoe behind the counter were discussing days off, then some list money that was found, then moved on to a new puppy; while I was waiting. Finally got our room.... Not excited. It was 'clean' but had an old smell to the room. Everything was cheap; towel rack, toilet paper, pillows, blanket. Microwave door was so broken that I would not Use it. Overall, room was clean and safe, but considering it was half the price of all other hotels, I guess you get what you pay for
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Don
"Horrid"
Smelled like smoke....
2 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"The air conditioner could have been working better"
Got to the hotel about 2:45p.m. Checked in and went to room. The room seamed old but o.k.(other then the air conditioner). We went to the wedding we were in town for but I was very surprised to find some of the work crew in the parking lot late at night when we got back. Kind'a scary.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Very friendly and knowledgable staff. We had last minute vacation changes that made us have to re book a hotel and move almost immediatly, there was great availability here. The girl at the front was very helpful and kind as we were out of our element with three young kids and she was able to get us a room and settled quickly. We were very satisfied.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
Mom of three in vacation crisis
"Not a Pleasant Experience"
The hotel is run down and tired. Dirty windows in the front entrance should have been a clue for me to go elsewhere. This was followed by a dirty elevator. The room was big with a huge hot tub from the 70s. Room problems included someone's hair in the bathrub, an exhaust fan which did not work, burned out bulb in the bed side lamp. Thin towels, Continental breakfast was a joke. Three bananas with brown spots, a few oranges and the micro sized stale danish. Never again.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"3rd world cleaning standards"
Surly staff, stained and discolored linens, a general unpleasant funk throughout. Burnt coffee and as a bonus, we heard another patron complain to the front desk about wanting to be compensated for laying in "someone else's urine"(how? What compensation can be had for that?!?), while a member of the cleaning staff mean mugged us as we made our way through the foyer. I don't even want to know what that was about because I still have one more night in this cesspool. "Value"? Absolutely not.. As uncomfortable a stay as you can get. PS. there was apparently a stampede of wild animals on the floor above us, as the relentless thunderous noise kept us awake throughout the night.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Very disappointed"
Stay away and stay somewhere else. We've never left a bad review until this one. This hotel is in serious need of renovation. The hallways has an odor, the carpets looked worse than dirty. Our room air conditioner went out twice during our two day stay. Room service did not exchange our dirty towels (left on the floor) out. The towels we did retrieve ourselves, looked like they had been washed in a mud puddle. The folks behind the desk were as helpful as they could be given the tools available to them. Unfortunately this isn't the place you want to spend the night or your money at.
HT
Rather worn and room was tiny but if all you are looking for is a comfortable bed and a hot shower, the price is right. Staff was very pleasant. An easy 3-4 mile drive to downtown Holland
2 night trip May 29, 2014
"great spot"
The hotel room, was at best average. The shower did have dirt in it when I turned on the water, and the bed was not comfortable. But, it was a good price for one night over the weekend, and its literally about 5 minutes drive to the center of 8th street where all the action is. The clerks at the front desk are very friendly. Overall, it was just a place to stay. I would recommend to others, who are again just looking for somewhere to sleep.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
samantha
"Not so much......"
Rooms smelled and the hotel is in need of some TLC.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Met basic needs, but think my CC info was stollen"
This was a last minute booking when my train got in 3 hours late. The night clerk was very friendly, but she wasn't sure if my reservation was paid for (it was, because that's how Hotels.com works.) She took an imprint of my card "for any incidental charges". It was midnight, and my room was clean and quiet. In the morning, I discovered that the shower did not drain. When I checked out, I tried to give that info to the desk clerk (who was speaking Spanish with a housekeeper) and I'm not sure she even understood me. She said I was fine, and waved me on. Later, I realized I never got a receipt. An hour later I tried to use my credit card, but my provider had put a hold on it. A phone call revealed questionable charges had been made in Holland. My CC company closed the account and issued a new card. Bottom line: I WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN.
1 night trip May 19, 2014
"Not what we expected . . . just need to be honest!"
OK - came for Tulips and Relaxing on Beach . . . I thought AD said Breakfast . . . Hotel had coffee but no cups! And Bananas & Apples only!?! Otherwise not terrible . . . but also had to leave early to get back to work one day earlier than planned (today, Wednesday, May 21 instead of Thursday May 22). CAN WE GET A CREDIT FOR THE ONE NIGHT NOT USED?
3 night romance trip May 19, 2014
Richard Lorenzetti
"Acceptable as a one night stay"
Decent cheap hotel. It served its purpose just fine. The surrounding Holland area is not as...pleasant...as the downtown area. In the future I would splurge to stay downtown. The bed was a rock but the staff was very friendly.
1 night romance trip May 18, 2014
"Avoid this."
This is not a nice hotel. For the $100 per night we stayed here, it was not worth it. The Double Tree that's a block away is a lot better. The beds were uncomfortable. The floors dirty. The hallways dark. The air musty. The staff seemed frustrated working there. Everything worked to a degree but not what I'd consider average. It was barely tolerable. They should be charging no more than $50 a night and even then that may be asking to much. Stick to the better chains. Avoid this one.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Recently changed hands."
Apr 27, called the hotel to change reservation dates. Woman told me it was changed. Upon arrival, May 3, it was not. Clerk found a room for us anyway. New owners as of 5/1. The previous owner left them in a mess. Now to call Expedia and try to get one night taken off credit card.
Other trip May 8, 2014
"Great deal/get what u pay for"
It was very economical but you get what you pay for. Overall room cleanliness was adequate but hallways and common areas need some work. Good location close to main road. Staff was friendly
2 night trip May 1, 2014
I will not stay at this chain again.
3 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Great deal!"
The room was very clean & even had a flat screen tv. The wifi worked good too. It's not a 5-star, but for the price, it is the best option.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2014
"Don't waste your money"
Unless nothing else is available or your super desperate don't stay here. Rooms are disgusting, bathrooms look like they belong at a summer camp and it's wayyyyyy over priced for what it is.
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
"Great Location Cheap Price"
We had a pleasant stay at this hotel, the hotelier upgraded us to the king suite. (Not too many people were there) Room size was good, but a bit on the unclean side. What can you expect for 60 bucks and an upgraded room. Overall good stay!
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Basic and economic"
The hotel was about as basic as I've seen. Staff was nice and responsive, hotel was clean, but the amenities were minimal. The room was small and the mattress and pillows uncomfortable. However, the room was very reasonable and conveniently located.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"No services for the price"
No coffee maker, no breakfast, no radio alarm clock. Towels were old and small. Tiny package of shampoo. Soap was unusable because it smelled like the stuff I use on my horses. Staff was nice and understanding, but it just doesn't cost that much to put out a toaster and some coffee in the room.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Good Value for the Price"
We had NO complaints.. The outside approach was fine--not messy. The room heated up quickly and there was even a flat screen TV .. We really were quite surprised and will definitely stay there again when we visit our family. Out biggest worry was about the beds but they were comfortable. We can't see why anyone would complain about the motel. .
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
"could use a cleaning and update"
We were a little disappointed,no coffee maker,breakfast was FrootLoops,lucky we had some donuts.There is 2 nice restaurants close by tho.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
Law
"Live and learn"
The hotel had a musty old smokey smell that a little fabreez would have helped. Our room did not get taken care of - we left around 10 am and returned about 9:30 pm. Had to go get cups and clean towels ourselves, desk personnel said "sorry". I also was under the impression that one of our nights would be no charge, the hotel staff said no. Cereal and coffee was breakfast.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2012
Overall, the hotel was clean but when we got there the room was very hot. The air conditioner was very loud when we turned it on and made noises most of the night. It stopped working all together in the early morning of our 2nd night (the day we checked out). Our bathroom would smell like a smoker had been in their if we left the door closed. I am not sure if this was becuase there was a smoker in the next room or if there had been one in our room previously. If just had a closed up smell to the room overall. The price was good and overall, everything was clean and it was VERY quiet other than the air conditioner. The staff were friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2012
Rebecca
"Clean rooms, nice staff, good price!"
The room was nice and clean, the staff was friendly. Good value for the money!
1 night trip Jun 14, 2012
Sara and Curt
"Comfortable Hotel Stay"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The price was the most reasonable in Holland, Michigan. It was not too far from attractions in town. Good stay for the price.
4 night trip May 5, 2012
Judy

"ok"
Older hotel that could use updating, beds were comfortable and room was clean but far from fancy.
2 night trip May 3, 2014
BV

"Na, ja..."
Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob die Betten frisch bezogen waren...Ich würde es nicht mehr buchen...
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
Robert K.

TripAdvisor reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Holland

"Disappointing stay"
03/25/15 Maurice S Rochester
Had we have been told that this inn was under renovation we would have not stayed. The halls, elevator and lobby were dirty. We were given an "upgrade" at the original rate but it was still overpriced. We asked when reno would be complete and were told 1st of April. Our guess is it will be more like June. I am not sure we will stay at a Baymont in the future as we feel we were taken. The rate for the room should have been in the $35 to $45 range at best.
"Don't Stay"
03/25/15 Kevin G Chicago, Illinois
I realized that renovation was going on but the worst conditions ever. extremely dirty no chair,clock radio,room&hotel in bad shape.I stayed because it was very late..never again.
"So So Holland Baymont"
03/24/15 Michael D Dorr, Michigan
We thought we were getting a great deal on a Jacuzzi room but we were not informed that the hotel was under renovation. It seems that the hotel was recently purchased by Baymont Inns and was under a complete renovation. Everything was usable but our room had not yet been renovated and had a noisy heater that woke us nearly every time it went on. The personnel were friendly and attentive but could not get anyone to fix the heater. For the price I've had worse but had worse at more expensive places as well. Would not mind checking out after everything is remodeled.
"week stay from hell..."
03/22/15 Jonathan M fenton
All I wanted was to sleep after working all night and the hotel is under construction.. work started every morning after I was just rolling in from working all night . Couldn't wait to book a different hotel for the next week .
"Wasn't expecting much but..."
03/22/15 y8z742 Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
I know not to expect much when booking at this price range, but clean and odor free are expected even for a hotel that is undergoing upgrades. The towels smelled horrid, not just musty but pretty close to making me throw up and very few things smell bad enough to make that happen. Continental breakfast really wasn't worth it. Oranges or apples, very stale/hard mini muffins and bagels, the only cereal was instant oatmeal, no water no orange juice and the apple juice was watery. The staff was great at check-in and helped us find a cab to go out for the evening.
"Web site vs reality"
03/06/15 Wendy M Saginaw, Minnesota
When I walked into my first room it was a mess and obviously hadn't been cleaned. The second room was clean but it tool 3 tries to get a working TV remote. There are signs around saying the place is undergoing remodeling. The breakfast choices were so minimal that on the second day I went across the street to Denny's. On the plus side the staff were extremely pleasant.
"Fair for the price"
02/07/15 ginka7 West Michigan
Stayed for one night on our way through town. Price was 69.00 for 2 double beds with 3 occupants. Hotel was clean and front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is old and in need of repairs and updates and it appears as tho they are in the process if this (but not very professionally). The walls in the room are very thin and we could hear the man in the next room talking and even snoring in the night. The beds are quite hard, as are the pillows, but the sheets and blankets were in good shape and clean and fresh smelling. The heat in the room was easily adjustable and seemed to work good. The tv functioned fine but only offered about 20 channels, hbo included. The bathroom was another story.. The sink is definitely outdated, and the tub/shower combo has the plastic enclosure on the walls . Those always trap grime and mildew where the enclosure meets the tub and this was no exception. The water pressure was good and temperature control was good. The towels were horrible! They felt like sand paper and were discolored. The provided soap and " conditioning shampoo" were also bad, in fact the soap was labeled with " America's best value inn". The hallway to the room had construction material pilled up all along the hallway and outside next to the parking lot were old mattresses and toilets stacked against the building. Breakfast is served from 6-9 in the lobby and consisted of coffee, juice, instant oatmeal and toast and a few pastries. Overall, we needed a place to sleep and that is what we got. A quick overnight stay while on the road is fine but would not want to stay longer,
"Baymont Stay"
01/21/15 slv3285 Grandville, Michigan
I was very very unsatisfied with this hotel. It was extremely dirty and very run down. I work for a Baymont Inn and Suites and ours is 100% different then this one. The only reason I ended up staying with my family is because I could not get my money back and I'm not in the position financially to just waste money and go somewhere else. The continental breakfast was the worse. We ended up going somewhere else for breakfast as well. We heard small children up in the hallways at 2am. I am very unhappy and will never be returning there!
"I should have slept in my car."
11/01/14 swrobel1
I don't even know where to begin. Check in took forever as they dialed on speakerphone my credit card to check in. What happened to the 1 minute swiping? Then the elevator from the shining takes us directly to 1965, the bad 1965 not the good. Colors are hideous yellow and mint walls and filthy maroon carpet. Reserved a queen,got a double twin. Air conditioner sounded like it was going to explode. Piss yellow hued lights barley turned on as the knob was missing. Freezer in fridge was pure snow. When I complained about the room front desk said isn't it 2 queens? Not the point, this is where I quote Seinfeld "you know how to take a reservation just don't know how to hold a reservation." She makes it seem like she is doing me a favor by offering a new room but again 2 beds, not what I reserved months ago. New room as a remote that doesn't work. Go down she has no new batteries and we try 4 remotes that don't work. Guy that basically lives there days he has 2 remotes goes and gets me one. It doesn't work, back down I go to the front desk. I get keys to first room to get that remote that doesn't work in new room. So after I was about to just drive 2 hours home to get the hell out of this dump we had to SWITCH TV'S!!! Never in my life would I ever think I would have to physically move televisions in a hotel. Do yourself a favor, either sleep in your car or pay more for something habitable.
"Weekend Trip"
10/15/14 Frank N Lisle, Illinois
Wish there were 2 1/2 stars for this one. This is a adequate crash pad but it's not for everyone. It's a pretty good value and there are a number of traveling workers staying here. The room was not spotless but ok for me. I wouldn't recommend it if you are accustom to the finer things in life and if I were a woman traveling alone I'd probably feel better paying a little more and staying down the road.