All hotels in Holland, Michigan, United States of America
680 E. 24th Street, Holland, MI, 49423, United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

2.6
    2.9
    2.3
    2.2
"June 2015 Baymont Visit"
First, we ordered a cot for my son to sleep on. The person at the front desk told us that it might take a while. They never came. Second, we showed up a bit tardy for breakfast, while they were putting the food away. I know rules are rules, but I simply asked for a bagel for my 13 year old son, that was in the food services person's hand. They told us absolutely not, that it was 9:10 (10 minutes late) and that we could not have a bagel. It seemed a bit unreasonable. Last, out television would not come on for whatever reason. We called, and someone came up almost immediately. Good.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Only stayed one night, quiet and peaceful place to stay. We did stay during the weekday.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Marlys
"No sound on Fox news"
room was comfortable and clean -- only problem no sound on Fox news but all the other channels had sound -- kind of strange
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"Desperately needs updating, everything replaced!!!"
Desk staff when we checked in was very helpful and courteous. The desk clerk in the morning was way behind in getting the breakfast bar prepared. We arrived for breakfast at 7, not much there, we had to ask for things and I fixed the coffee pot that had been finished for a while. The faucet in the bathroom leaked as much as what came out of the faucet. The sink was cracked as was the door on the microwave. Good thing we didn't plan on using that! Would never go back or recommend to anyone.
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
"Satisfied customer on a random road trip"
We came at 1 pm to check in and so did a few other couples we we're all turned away because all customers had just left and none of the rooms were clean. Breakfast was set-up in a nice clean area. Hotel is located not too far from downtown. Bathrooms could use a little updating. Hotel had a full table of information set-up in the lobby so it was nice to grab some info to check out what there is to do. We will definitely be back in early May in order to catch the tulips.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Disappointing stay."
the hotel is listed as under remodeling, but there were simple issues that came up: truck in front of hotel with flat tire - looked like it had been there awhile. Unattended mop bucket in lobby near the check-in desk. broken chairs behind the counter at the desk. In the room, the curtains were very sun-damaged and full of holes. Cleanliness was acceptable. Room was noisy from outside traffic, hallway sounds, off-balance refrigerator, loud air conditioner/fan. Staff was very polite and helpful. I believe this room was over-priced.
2 night romance trip May 4, 2015
Robin
"Wait for it...(The revovations to be Over!)"
I was in town for a meeting and booked from my phone. The Hotel was in the early stages of renovations that was sorely needed. Unfortunately, this was not in the description! The Room was very badly outdated, but fine for one night. The receptionist was the nicest thing about the stay.
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
Donald E
"More Light Please"
They are remodeling this hotel and it is not quite there yet. I did miss having a comfy chair to sit in (not the desk chair) and there was no reading light on one side of the king size bed. The towels were probably clean but looked yellow and dingy (perhaps they have rust in their wash water).
2 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
kimberly
"Visit back to Hometown"
It was Okay
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Kurt
"Wow"
This is the worst and scariest hotel I've ever stayed in. It felt like a prison cell. Thank god we got paroled the next day.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Horrible Hotel! Avoid this- at all costs"
It was horrible, the staff stayed on the phone for 10 minutes while we were trying to check in- acted like we were not even there! Checked in and the smell and filth in the room, made us gag! When to ask for another room and she said it was an up grade- We went from a king room to 2 doubles ( my husband and I ) It was dirty and still smelled but not gaging smell just awful. The linens were dirty and the towels were ripped and so hard they about tore you skin off! Ice machine was broken and what they called breakfast were dried up muffins and banannas. No One should ever stay there. I wanted to leave but because I booked through EXPEDIA they would not refund the money so i was stuck. Sleep in your car if you have to, anything would be better than staying at American's Worst
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
LOLO
"convient location only"
Was told at check-in this was a no smoking hotel, No problem with that. Used elevator to get to second floor where room was. Elevator smelled of fresh cigarret smoke(Hmm) Get to room and room smelled of stale smoke. Bed spread had two large rips in it. We notified front desk of smoke odor and bed spread problem so we would not be charged a $250.00 fee. Our stay was for four days at this hotel access to the room was with an electronic key card on three of the days we were lock out of the room due to the card expiring. We then had to go to front desk and play a game of who are you: what is your room number, what is your name where do you live, ETC, After the second time this game was not funny. Hotel was in poor shape. I would have gone else where but it was Labor Day weekend and hotel rooms were in short supply. I would not stay here or at any hotels in this chain in the future.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
I will never use hotels.com again
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"Quiet, needs some updates"
On vacation. Place needs some updates. Clean room but old carpet, furniture and bed
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
D
"Hotel-nado"
Beds old. Linen old. Carpet filthy. Mini fridge and microwave on a slab of plywood on the floor. Air did not work. No vending machines, had to buy from behind the counter, once you rang the bell. Desperate need of up grade.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
"Dirty"
I felt like I was in a unsanitary hotel. Bathroom was not cleaned, room smelled bad and carpet was stained. Glad I only had to stay for a night. The other hotels in Holland were all booked.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
"Help wanted"
Did I pay higher than the "walk-in rate"? Clerk couldn't find my reservation. He kept calling his supervisor for instructions.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Out dated hotel"
Out dated room needing repair and remodel. Beds and pillows very uncomfortable. Bathroom very bare with vanity top held up by shelf brackets. Breakfast was poor.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
disapointed
"Not a clean place!!!!"
Dirty washcloths hanging in shower. Dirt on show curtain. My socks were dirty from the carpet. Empty wrappers under desk. Broken alarm clock. And towels were like drying with sandpaper! For the price, BIG disappointment!!!
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
ben p.
"What we expected from other reviews"
A mediocre hotel, which is what we expected when we read the reviews and booked the room. Wouldn't recommend it but it was fine for a couple nights. Clean enough but the room did not smell good at all.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Pam
"A place to sleep"
When I walked in to check in, the two peoe behind the counter were discussing days off, then some list money that was found, then moved on to a new puppy; while I was waiting. Finally got our room.... Not excited. It was 'clean' but had an old smell to the room. Everything was cheap; towel rack, toilet paper, pillows, blanket. Microwave door was so broken that I would not Use it. Overall, room was clean and safe, but considering it was half the price of all other hotels, I guess you get what you pay for
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Don
"Horrid"
Smelled like smoke....
2 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"The air conditioner could have been working better"
Got to the hotel about 2:45p.m. Checked in and went to room. The room seamed old but o.k.(other then the air conditioner). We went to the wedding we were in town for but I was very surprised to find some of the work crew in the parking lot late at night when we got back. Kind'a scary.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Very friendly and knowledgable staff. We had last minute vacation changes that made us have to re book a hotel and move almost immediatly, there was great availability here. The girl at the front was very helpful and kind as we were out of our element with three young kids and she was able to get us a room and settled quickly. We were very satisfied.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
Mom of three in vacation crisis
"Not a Pleasant Experience"
The hotel is run down and tired. Dirty windows in the front entrance should have been a clue for me to go elsewhere. This was followed by a dirty elevator. The room was big with a huge hot tub from the 70s. Room problems included someone's hair in the bathrub, an exhaust fan which did not work, burned out bulb in the bed side lamp. Thin towels, Continental breakfast was a joke. Three bananas with brown spots, a few oranges and the micro sized stale danish. Never again.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"3rd world cleaning standards"
Surly staff, stained and discolored linens, a general unpleasant funk throughout. Burnt coffee and as a bonus, we heard another patron complain to the front desk about wanting to be compensated for laying in "someone else's urine"(how? What compensation can be had for that?!?), while a member of the cleaning staff mean mugged us as we made our way through the foyer. I don't even want to know what that was about because I still have one more night in this cesspool. "Value"? Absolutely not.. As uncomfortable a stay as you can get. PS. there was apparently a stampede of wild animals on the floor above us, as the relentless thunderous noise kept us awake throughout the night.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Very disappointed"
Stay away and stay somewhere else. We've never left a bad review until this one. This hotel is in serious need of renovation. The hallways has an odor, the carpets looked worse than dirty. Our room air conditioner went out twice during our two day stay. Room service did not exchange our dirty towels (left on the floor) out. The towels we did retrieve ourselves, looked like they had been washed in a mud puddle. The folks behind the desk were as helpful as they could be given the tools available to them. Unfortunately this isn't the place you want to spend the night or your money at.
HT
Rather worn and room was tiny but if all you are looking for is a comfortable bed and a hot shower, the price is right. Staff was very pleasant. An easy 3-4 mile drive to downtown Holland
2 night trip May 29, 2014
"great spot"
The hotel room, was at best average. The shower did have dirt in it when I turned on the water, and the bed was not comfortable. But, it was a good price for one night over the weekend, and its literally about 5 minutes drive to the center of 8th street where all the action is. The clerks at the front desk are very friendly. Overall, it was just a place to stay. I would recommend to others, who are again just looking for somewhere to sleep.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
samantha
"Not so much......"
Rooms smelled and the hotel is in need of some TLC.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Met basic needs, but think my CC info was stollen"
This was a last minute booking when my train got in 3 hours late. The night clerk was very friendly, but she wasn't sure if my reservation was paid for (it was, because that's how Hotels.com works.) She took an imprint of my card "for any incidental charges". It was midnight, and my room was clean and quiet. In the morning, I discovered that the shower did not drain. When I checked out, I tried to give that info to the desk clerk (who was speaking Spanish with a housekeeper) and I'm not sure she even understood me. She said I was fine, and waved me on. Later, I realized I never got a receipt. An hour later I tried to use my credit card, but my provider had put a hold on it. A phone call revealed questionable charges had been made in Holland. My CC company closed the account and issued a new card. Bottom line: I WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN.
1 night trip May 19, 2014
"Not what we expected . . . just need to be honest!"
OK - came for Tulips and Relaxing on Beach . . . I thought AD said Breakfast . . . Hotel had coffee but no cups! And Bananas & Apples only!?! Otherwise not terrible . . . but also had to leave early to get back to work one day earlier than planned (today, Wednesday, May 21 instead of Thursday May 22). CAN WE GET A CREDIT FOR THE ONE NIGHT NOT USED?
3 night romance trip May 19, 2014
Richard Lorenzetti
"Acceptable as a one night stay"
Decent cheap hotel. It served its purpose just fine. The surrounding Holland area is not as...pleasant...as the downtown area. In the future I would splurge to stay downtown. The bed was a rock but the staff was very friendly.
1 night romance trip May 18, 2014
"Avoid this."
This is not a nice hotel. For the $100 per night we stayed here, it was not worth it. The Double Tree that's a block away is a lot better. The beds were uncomfortable. The floors dirty. The hallways dark. The air musty. The staff seemed frustrated working there. Everything worked to a degree but not what I'd consider average. It was barely tolerable. They should be charging no more than $50 a night and even then that may be asking to much. Stick to the better chains. Avoid this one.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Recently changed hands."
Apr 27, called the hotel to change reservation dates. Woman told me it was changed. Upon arrival, May 3, it was not. Clerk found a room for us anyway. New owners as of 5/1. The previous owner left them in a mess. Now to call Expedia and try to get one night taken off credit card.
Other trip May 8, 2014
"Great deal/get what u pay for"
It was very economical but you get what you pay for. Overall room cleanliness was adequate but hallways and common areas need some work. Good location close to main road. Staff was friendly
2 night trip May 1, 2014
I will not stay at this chain again.
3 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Great deal!"
The room was very clean & even had a flat screen tv. The wifi worked good too. It's not a 5-star, but for the price, it is the best option.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2014
"Don't waste your money"
Unless nothing else is available or your super desperate don't stay here. Rooms are disgusting, bathrooms look like they belong at a summer camp and it's wayyyyyy over priced for what it is.
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
"Great Location Cheap Price"
We had a pleasant stay at this hotel, the hotelier upgraded us to the king suite. (Not too many people were there) Room size was good, but a bit on the unclean side. What can you expect for 60 bucks and an upgraded room. Overall good stay!
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Basic and economic"
The hotel was about as basic as I've seen. Staff was nice and responsive, hotel was clean, but the amenities were minimal. The room was small and the mattress and pillows uncomfortable. However, the room was very reasonable and conveniently located.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"No services for the price"
No coffee maker, no breakfast, no radio alarm clock. Towels were old and small. Tiny package of shampoo. Soap was unusable because it smelled like the stuff I use on my horses. Staff was nice and understanding, but it just doesn't cost that much to put out a toaster and some coffee in the room.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Good Value for the Price"
We had NO complaints.. The outside approach was fine--not messy. The room heated up quickly and there was even a flat screen TV .. We really were quite surprised and will definitely stay there again when we visit our family. Out biggest worry was about the beds but they were comfortable. We can't see why anyone would complain about the motel. .
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
"could use a cleaning and update"
We were a little disappointed,no coffee maker,breakfast was FrootLoops,lucky we had some donuts.There is 2 nice restaurants close by tho.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
Law
"Live and learn"
The hotel had a musty old smokey smell that a little fabreez would have helped. Our room did not get taken care of - we left around 10 am and returned about 9:30 pm. Had to go get cups and clean towels ourselves, desk personnel said "sorry". I also was under the impression that one of our nights would be no charge, the hotel staff said no. Cereal and coffee was breakfast.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2012

"ok"
Older hotel that could use updating, beds were comfortable and room was clean but far from fancy.
2 night trip May 3, 2014
BV

"Na, ja..."
Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob die Betten frisch bezogen waren...Ich würde es nicht mehr buchen...
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2013