All hotels in Rice Lake, Wisconsin, United States of America
2401 S Main St, Rice Lake, WI, 54868-2929, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.8
The room was very run down and dirty
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Kacie
"Avoid this Super 8."
did not change our sheets for three days. mold all around the bathtub. one of the worst experiences in a stay.
4 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Dissapointing, even at this price..."
We arrived at 2:40pm and were sent away to come back in 20 minutes to check in. Apparently not a single room was ready yet but all the rooms would be ready in 20 minutes. The room smelled musty, the bedcovers were soiled and the bathroom was not clean looking or smelling. There were only two towels in the room that looked like hand towels but were bath towels. I will say this; the mattress and pillows were top notch as far as comfort.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"We'll never stay at the Super 8 in Rice Lake again"
No one at the desk and no bell to ring for service. Mold all around the bathtub and up between the tiles. Toilet was dirty,whole room was very dusty. Bed spreads were left laying in the chair and not put on beds. We weren't sure the sheets on the beds were clean, didn't look fresh. Short on towels both nights. Flusher on toilet didn't work. We needed to get a plunger to make toilet work. Outside entrance of hotel looked very unappealing and in poor condition. Torn entrance rug outside.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Ok if Looking to just Sleep."
Friendly staff. A good hotel to sleep. Not much of a breakfast and ran out of shampoo when we were there.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Todd
"never again!"
Dirty bathroom, windows did not open very well. Air conditioning was poor.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"Not so Super 8"
Staff was rude and unhelpful and always away from the front desk
1 night business trip May 8, 2015
duane
"Ooutstanding!"
They have redone this hotel with beautiful marble tables in the dining room and the rooms are completely redone.
6 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
Jean
"Ricelake stay"
very clean inside while construsion going on outside
2 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
harold
"stranded by the door"
all was well except we had a difficult time getting the slide key to work. must be old or something it worked 0ne out of 10-12 strokes. help was friendly
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Christine
"Great location close to restaurants and shopping"
Hotel was under renovation. Rooms have been updated and are clean and comfortable. The staff seemed annoyed by the fact that we requested enough towels for all of our family. We felt as though we were an inconvenience to the staff. We were told to find a housekeeper to fix our issues. The breakfast was cereal oranges and packaged cinnamon rolls. We are likely not to stay again.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Jr
"Great Stay. Great Value."
This is a great hotel. I'm in Rice Lake once a year for a conference and I always stay at this hotel. It is inexpensive and clean. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Rooms are very comfortable with all of the amenities. This hotel is an extremely good deal.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
Arthur
"Great Deal for a Great Stay"
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Arthur
"Rice Lake Super 8"
This hotel looked as though at one time it was under re-construction, but there was no mention or indication of that. The outside entry was torn off and a large piece of plastic blew around in front of the door. The bathroom, epically the tub, was filthy, all brown stained on the bottom/floor. My wife would not even shower in it, and I went out and bought flip flop shoes which I wore in the tub enclosure. The towels and wash cloths were thread bare and stained brown. Having them exchanged only resulted in more of the same. Any hotel proprietor should have been embarrassed to offer these to guests. The room itself was dimly light, which was probably a blessing. I went down to the hotel desk and attempted to cancel the second night, only to be told that since I booked through Expedia, I could not be reimbursed for the second night. We went elsewhere anyway and stayed the second night elsewhere.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"Rice Lake, WI Super 8"
This hotel is in a state of disrepair, and needs to be torn down or completely re-modeled. We had 2 nights reserved, but didn't even go back the 2nd night. The towels & washcloths were thread bare and filthy, the bathroom disgusting. The entry from the outside was torn off and a piece of plastic was blowing over the doorway....I should have known better. I will never use Expedia again, for anything.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Old hotel needing remodel."
The hotel was going through some remodeling. Our room was old paint peeling in the corner of the bathroom and water damage and stained tiles in bathroom in shower. The room did have a refrigerator, microwave, and flat screen LG tv with cable. Nice amenities. The shower head was outdated and tiles were cracked in the floor. The room had a queen size bed and we asked for an additional roll away bed and it cost about 6 additional dollars. Continental breakfast was not very appealing.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Sheryl
"Nicely remodeled"
I stayed for four days and nights and house keeping and day staff were extremely nice and met my needs as they arose. They could have done a little salting as it was icey in places.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Very clean and comfortable for the price.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"The Price Is Right"
I had stayed at this motel in the summer also for 1 night. I knew they were in the midst of a remodel, and did progress since July. I believe they should have done more in the bathrooms of the rooms then was done for updating though. The desk staff was nice and helpful. The day we were leaving there was a cleaning lady that was sitting in the hallway on the floor and we had to step over her to carry our loads to the car. Not sure if she was feeling ill or just hanging out waiting for a room to empty. Either way, it was "tacky"...The parking lot was littered, but maybe they have no one for outside clean-up. The beds were very comfortable, but only had 2 pillows on each queen which is unususal.......For the amount of time us sisters spent in the room the price was very great!!!
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Shelli K
"A little on the trashy side."
Stayed 8 nights. At first sight I didnt want to walk inside. Hotel looks rough on the outside. Room was pretty decent though and clean. Serveral interior updates in progress. Breakfast area looks nice. There is a slight chance i would stay in this hotel again.
8 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014
paul or mark
Hotel is currently still doing some remodeling. The lobby still under repair. Bathroom was yet to be updated and really needs it. Otherwise okay.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"Problem with clerk"
The room was fairly nice with good mattresses. Wish it had better chairs to sit in. Breakfast was poor with little cardboard like waffles and not much else. I was frustrated that when I asked to switch to a different room I was charged an extra $8 a night ($24 total)even though normally it would have been the same price. I had originally had asked for an accessible room, but after my stay at another Super 8 in an accessible room I found the bed was too small for my wife and I, so I asked if I could have a room with either 2 beds or a king bed. At first he said he didn't have any on the first floor, but when I asked again, he said he did have one but it would cost $8 more each night. Rather than argue, I paid the extra. Someone else before me had quite a discussion with the desk clerk about getting a room and they were told there were no rooms. Evidently they had tried to make a reservation with Super 8 but something went wrong. They said that they would report it to Super 8. I don't know what was going on.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Ward
"Clean and economical"
The hotel is clean and well kept. The staff is ultra friendly.
3 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"remodeling job coming along nicely"
please put the deadbolts back on room doors --luv the bathroom counters --large --fridge and mic nice
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
garnan
"closs to mall and other shopping"
The beds were excellent. I asked for a handicap room and bathroom was not!
3 night trip Aug 30, 2014
The hotel is undergoing a remodel so we were not sure at first. Lobby desk definitely needs help. Our room was great. Breakfast wasn't the best. All in all enjoyed our stay.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
Judy
"Great experience"
The hotel was under renovation and our room was recently completed. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. For being under renovation, the hotel was clean and there no noise issues. The staff was very helpful and provided suggestions on things to do in the area. I would definitely stay again.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
I spent money on two rooms and was very unhappy that there was construction going on and our bathroom shower was horrible. When we open up the door of the room there is a smell and I am sure a room freshner wouldn't cost that much to make it smell pleasant. The motel is drab and it needs bright colors to liven it up. The halls are dark and uninviting. The only thing going for your business is location.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Judy Moore
Was good. Bathroom needs remodeling but it was clean. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast times could of been until 10 am then only 9. Location was good for travelers.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Basic and comfortable"
Everything I would have expected for the very reasonable rate. Nothing fancy, just basic and comfortable. Neat and clean enough, the bed was comfy and the noise level from other guests surprisingly less than in many other hotels we've stayed in. Would stay again when in the area.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Mara
"Inexpensive, clean hotel"
Rooms have been recently renovated. We were the first to sleep on the new gel pillows. The hall carpet was being replaced. The rooms have new covers, flat screen TV, fridge & microwave. The breakfast could've been better. They didn't replenish food. We got there at 8:30 & the selection was sparce. I realize breakfast ends st 9 but there should have been more to eat.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
was a nice room considering all the constructuction, . thought you rooms were not set up the best for the handicapped, friend had to walk down the hall aways otherwise ok
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
jane A
"bed and shower need"
Nice room! The continental breakfast could use a hot entree other than something toasted or microwaved. Will stay again.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Very accommodating despite construction"
Most of the rooms next to mine were undergoing renovation, thus unoccupied which led to a much quieter stay. I had arrived early but my room was already cleaned and available. A nice time overall.
1 night business trip May 9, 2014
"Rice Lake - Family Basketball Get-away"
It was O.K. Hotel under construction, breakfast was not very good, because Apple and Orange juice machine did not work correctly.Main entrance good, other entrances not shoveled or not available for entrance.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Acceptable"
This hotel is not the nicest, but for the price, you really can't say no. Rooms are decent, beds are good, the hotel smells old and a list musty. The front desk person isn't very friendly. Breakfast is minimal, two cereals, toast and some old fruit. No pool/hot tub. At the time of this stay, they were in the process of remolding their upper level so hopefully the next time I stay (if at all) it will all be remodeled.
2 night business trip Dec 6, 2013
"Rice lake"
bed was very uncomfortable. pillows flat. Could clearly hear the room next door phone ring and alarm go off! would not stay again!
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
I needed to plug in a C-pap machine behind the night stand. The outlet was loose and worked if you got it in a good spot and didn't move it. If was dirty behind the night stand. My daughter said the Manager was not at all friendly and barely talked to her. It was so HOT in the room. I shut off the heater but it still was very ,very warm. The coat rack was hanging loose from one corner. The good thing is that it was cheap.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Deb Schreck
"found on internet"
No free breakfast as stated on hotels.com. was not as I was expected from the web site.
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2013
"nice clean hotel."
enjoyed the peace and quiet,a lot of places to eat in walking distance. Downtown Rice Lake right down the street less than 1 mile
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
"Convenient to the highway"
This hotel was very dirty. The room smelled, the sheets looked slept in. We slept in our clothes because the sheets appeared dirty. The only good thing about this hotel was it was quiet.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"just a place to sleep"
Just need a place to get some sleep for the night. rooms were old but clean. for the price was a great deal.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"just like any other hotel"
Pretty much all hotels are you like ,this one is no different. The only thing I was not so impressed with what the continental breakfast. I would stay again
2 night trip Aug 17, 2013
samuel
"Ok for short stay. It was ok could be updated."
We were only in for a wedding and spent very little time there. Price was right.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Lydia
"Look for another place to stay."
A very sub -par hotel! I was register for 4 night and only stayed one. The whole place needs a good cleaning. I would not stay there if the rooms were free.
4 night trip Aug 7, 2013
"Tired hotel"
This is a tired hotel. However, it was fine for what I needed -- a place to stay for one night. I was arriving late at night and leaving early the next morning. The room was clean and there was a continental breakfast.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
"very comfortable"
Very pleasent staff.God breakfast.close to stores and Chetek Lakes.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Disappointed in a few things"
I was disappointed in the room. There was no ice bucket in the room, so we had to use glasses. The vending machine was insufficient, and the continental breakfast was horrible. The apples and oranges looked a couple weeks old, the milk was warm, and the waffles were gross, and the donuts were gone except one very unedible looking chocolate one. I understand that a continental breakfast is not your all out breakfast, but the staff could have at least made it pleasing. Also, the lobby area/breakfast area smelled very strongly of a "smoker" odor. Who wants to eat breakfast in a room like that? Staff-wise, the girl who was there when I checked in was unable to answer my questions about billing, and was not personable at all. She was also there when we checked out, and I got the same "attitude". This leads me to believe that it wasn't just a bad day for her when we checked in. I am less likely to book a weekend in this hotel in the future.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Marti
"Positive experience"
Reviews are generally a subjective evaluation of the experience against personally established expectations. I believe all relevant feedback should be shared. In my experience, some reviewer concerns may lead back to the reviewer expected more than the facility intended to offer. Fortunately, during our stay, the experience was in-line with our expectations. The desk clerk (gentleman/young man, I am withholding his name for this review) was polite and answered all questions we asked. The geographical location has adequate amenities nearby (e.g. food, shopping, and Movie Theater). Our clean room offered a television, small refrigerator, decent beds, coffee maker, alarm clock, heating/cooling, and a soothing shower with sufficient towels. There was sufficient parking in the local area for large trucks or vehicles with trailers. The Rice Lake Super 8 provided everything we were looking for in a room; as such, our overall experience was positive!
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
Travelers
"overall satisfied"
Overall it was very good. The room was clean, affordable and it had a cozy lazy boy. The hotel guest service at our check in was stern and made it a point to let us know the fee for smoking in a non smoking room right at check in. (Of course we're not going to smoke and can read the signs) The guest service the following day was very polite and friendly. My jam at breakfast looked past date and I had to throw the toast away. It has a ton of cute fishing and wilderness themed decorations in the kitchen area and it's a nice touch. Their greeting could have been better but it was overall very nice.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2013