All hotels in Charlottesville, Virginia, United States of America
390 Greenbrier Dr, Charlottesville, VA, 22901, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.9
    2.7
    2.5
Hotel was very reasonable price and comfortable. However, the bed was a little too soft for my taste.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Find another option"
Front desk friendly enough-bare minimum level of service. Room was dilapidated-furniture completely falling apart; black hair all over paper thin white bed sheets and pillows. Black mold in bath/shower.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"OK!"
Ok
1 night business trip Dec 29, 2014
Pia
"Good place to stay near to skyline drive"
Cheap price motel to stay very close to skyline drive and blue ridge parkway
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Chemicals smells made it hard to breathe."
The harsh smell of cleaning chemicals was pervasive.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"very nice to clean staff excellent"
the hotel overall very nice and clean the continental breakfast was not as I expected I think they could have done better
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
kim
"Carpet needs to be Changed."
Normal conditions at the hotel. Neighborhood was quiet.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
britwum
"Better Service"
This visit was much better than on to 13 November, 2014. This room didn't smell like the kennell. The bedding was cleaner and there was no order of pets on the carpet, bed, the covers. That make to stay very pleasant.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2014
"Not a good place to stay."
Smelled bad, wasn't very clean, not near enough parking.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Okay"
Okay to stay for the money you spend.
3 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"WORST SUPER 8 WE'VE EVER STAYED IN"
WE ONLY STAY AT SUPER 8 WHEN WE TRAVEL AND THIS IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE WE HAVE EVER HAD. ROOM WAS VERY SMALL AND NO MINI REFRIGERATOR AS IN ALL OTHERS WE HAVE STAYED AT. AT 2:30AM SOMEBODY CAME INTO THE ROOM ABOVE USE AND WOKE US UP WITH ALL THEIR NOISE, AFTER 23 MIN. ON NOISE I CALLED THE FRONT DESK AND COMPLAINED THAT WE COULDN'T SLEEP. AT 3:23AM THE NOISE WAS STILL KEEPING US AWAKE AND IT WAS GETTING WORSE, I CALLED THE FRONT DESK AGAIN AND THIS TIME I HEARD SOMEBODY KNOCK ON THEIR DOOR AND THE NOISE STOPPED. WE ARE US TO A CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST AT SUPER 8 BUT WHEN WE GOT TO THE LOBBY WE WERE MET WITH TOASTER WAFFLES AND NOT A WAFFLE MAKER. NO PASTRIES ONLY OATMEAL AND COLD CEREAL. THIS IS THE ONE ON GREENBRIAR AVE. IN CHARLOTTLESVILLE, VA.
THOMAS
"Economical option for a short stay"
I was looking for an economical place and this hotel was adequate for an overnight stay en route to another destination. The room was clean and secure and everything worked -- television, refrigerator, hot water, etc..
Stranded
"You get what you pay for...."
Nothing special, but 'Super' convenient and cheap. Most areas could use updating, but still okay. Not hotel's fault that the guy next door got back to his room at 3:18 am and forgot how to use both his car alarm and his indoor voice.
Marty
The hotel staff was very nice. Ground floor smelled musty.
denise
""YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR""
Family bussiness for 5 days. The price was right the length of time. It smelled like a kennal. The bed spread had dog hair and hadn't been washed in months. If you allow animals to stay in the same room as people then the beddings and the carpet should be shampooed daily.
4 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
Phyllis
Breakfast is minimal. Seating space is 10 chairs. The breakfast area is the lobby and it was very hot both days. My son called it the sauna breakfast.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Super 8 Hotel Review"
I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and overall the hotel is outdated, the staff was very friendly, lacked space in lobby for a more variety breakfast. The hotel was quiet, but the mattress was a old box spring with a older tv in the room. I couldn't expect to pay around $50 a night and have a flat screen tv, better mattresses, overall outdated hotel. I would probably stay at this hotel again if I needed somewhere cheap to stay for a a night in Charlottesville.
3 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
Lindsay
It's an older hotel with older furniture but comfortable for a night.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Pat
"Weekend at the wineries"
My partner and I booked this hotel for a weekend trip to the Virginia wineries and breweries. The hotel staff was very nice, and the manager allowed us to check in early. The room was incredibly clean, though the whole hotel did smell of industrial cleaner. We prefer white bed linens/comforters so you can see that they are "clean," but for the price you can't beat this stay.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
West
"Average Hotel"
The room air conditioner was VERY noisy. Over all, it was a comfortable place for short-term travelling.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"Tight Budget"
The hotel room was very disappointing compared to other Super 8 I have stayed in. The room was very small, the carpet was dirty, and they put us in a smoking room even though we did not request this when we booked thru expedia. They stated they had no other available rooms for the weekend :( The only reason we stayed here was for the very affordable price since we were on a very tight budget for the weekend. If you have no other options then I guess its okay overall, but I would definitely not stay here again
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
Marly
"Avoid during football season."
The hotel was as expected. We stayed there three years ago, there were no surprises. Charlottesville is difficult to get around in because of the college population and the crowds, especially during athletic events. Plan accordingly!!
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Super 8 Okay"
Room little outdated, but not bad for the price.
1 night trip Oct 29, 2014
"Okay place to stay"
The hotel was in a good location for my travels and easy to find. The rooms were okay, a little dated but clean. Breakfast was not adequate.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
Tammy
"Awake all night long..."
Didnt liked it at all, room assigned is next to the vending machine and ice maker machine, every few minutes somebody' s using it, hate the noise, not only that, we were on the ground floor and the floor on top of us were so loud and you could hear their steps...didnt sleep at all.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
gracie
"Good, average hotel"
Just needed an overnite as we lost our room at another hotel due to the UVA game that weekend & were leaving town the next day. It was fine, probably better than average for Super 8 and the only complaint was the strong smell of disinfectant/cleaning agent in the room. Otherwise it was clean and in good repair, great show by the squirrels in residence outside the back door, they liked our peanuts!
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
The carpet was dirty and nasty. My daughter was very uncomfortable in the hotel due to reviews she read onlinel and patrons we noticed in the hall.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Girls Weekend Away"
It was okay. The smell of pot on the downstairs floor was a little unsettling.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Jenn H.
"Old but not to bad"
Bit of an old place that could use a remodel but for one night it is worth it.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2014
Randall
"A lil sketchy"
price seemed good since i was only planning to be in the room to sleep. Walk in, attendant at desk rarely makes eye contact when checking me in. Hotel looks like it hasn't been redecorated since the 70s. Walking down the hall to my room, LITERALLY every light over the doors is surrounded by stink bugs, a little alarming? Room had to stink bugs that were visible, made me very uneasy. Probably wont find a cheaper hotel closer to down town.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
"Too smoky"
For the price it was a decent hotel but pur room was way too smoky. We had to open a window and put the ac on full blast just to breath without gagging all night.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Nicole
"Very good hotel for what you pay"
The hotel was clean and in a safe area. The room had all that I could ask for - wifi, refrigerator, safe, microwave, cable tv. Breakfast was nothing to brag about, but more than expected. Hotel room and bathroom were clean. Location excellent.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Theresa
"Nothing like pics.."
Our room was smelly, one towel, had to go out and buy pillows and pillow cases, the ones on the bed were disgusting, door look leading to rooms broken, doors slamming all night, lots of noise from outside, car alarms, loud cars ect..I will never stay there again..people hanging outside the motel, needless to say sleepless night, had 2 nights booked only stayed one, bathroom sink had hair in it, very disappointed , I trusted expedia to choose hotels that looked and had acomadations according to promise..no refund was given...very DISSAPOINTED ..
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"My buisness trip"
It was a clean room and nice hotel for the money.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"Better than home - everything works."
Mattresses were perfect. Linens & bath were clean. Hot water was hot. TV, thermostat, door keys and WiFi all worked. Walls were soundproof. Soap & shampoo provided. Chambermaid proactive & cheerful. You pass by their laundry operation to one side in the hall, it looks industrial-strength. Late check-in was prompt, records accurate. Parking available & convenient even though "No Vacancy". Ice and vending machines all working and in convenient location. Hotel was across quiet side street from 7-11 store, we saw midnight guests microwaving frozen dinners in our lobby (no nukes in rooms). Hotel was hard to see from road. Five minute drive to UVA Grounds. We pay out-of-state tuition for our student so we'll definitely be back. Sorry, Boar's Head !
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
"Nice room"
Would liked to have had an extra pillow or two, otherwise it was a nice place
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"One night"
Good price for single night, convenient to UVA, restaurants, stores. Hotel is ok but the time has come for the owners to bite the bullet and put some money into rooms. Every aspect of hotel is a bit tired and in need of remodel. Room seemed clean but peeling paint, stains and marks made us uncomfortable. Would rather pay a few more dollars and upgrade to better hotel next time.
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2014
We were in a handicapped accessible room. The room was just large enough to accommodate a wheelchair, but moving around the bed was tricky as the available space was enough to just allow the wheelchair to pass. Also, the room had a odd odor the day we arrived, and we stayed for two nights. I probably will not return to that location, nor would I recommend it to anyone. (The adv. in the phone book said "newly remodeled", but I saw no evidence of that.)
2 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"Worst hotel ever. Never again"
Please don't stay at this shot hole. Everyone over used and old and they wouldn't invest in buying new stuff, old mushy smelly mattresses, towels. And it's over priced too. I wouldn't even stay there even they offer it to me for free.
2 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
IMMI
"Nice quality hotel for a low budget"
The staff was nice and the room was comfortable. There were some minor issues, but overall it was a very nice three nights
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Smelled like disinfectants"
I was happy that I stayed during summer when I could leave the windows fully open. The room reeked of disinfectant cleaners, and gave me the impression they were trying to mask a mold or other underlying issue. Even though the location is great, and pricing was good, I wouldn't stay here again if other hotels are available.
1 night trip with friends Sep 3, 2014
"Never again"
Was good for the amount of money it was for the night.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
Convenient stay while in your city. Many people come to your city from my city and I will pass the word about your Hotel. Thank you.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Mama Charles
"Not Super; Only a 2"
This was a flop-house. I'm giving it a two only because the main desk staff was nice, but clueless, and there was an actual roof. Other than that, I have nothing nice to say about this hotel. It smelled bad, the overall hotel was worn, the cleaning staff tried to throw me out at 9:00 am, there were drunken, sleezy people running up and down the halls at 3:00 am. The whole experience was bad. Maximum yuk! I guess you get what you pay for...
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
"Fine for the price"
Cheap hotel, fine for one night. The room was pretty clean. Our coffee machine had no coffee and there was no soap in the bathroom though. Also they went around loudly knocking on the doors at 9:30am when the check out time was 11am. How rude and inappropriate! I was in such a deep sleep and in such need of rest before embarking on a long drive.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
Kate
"you get what you pay for"
My first key card didn't work, but the woman at check in was quick to fix. The room smelled bad and was just dirty. Towels looked gross.. wouldn't use.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"It was okay"
Paid a bit more than what I thought it was worth, but was just looking for somewhere inexpensive and convenient to Chancellorsville for the night. The woman managing the front desk was great, kudos to her for all her hard work. Overall the place was a bit drab, and hot. Though once we turned on the AC unit in our room, it didn't take long to cool down.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Rob
"You get what you pay for"
Cheap place to crash, wouldn't recommend it for much else
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"great super8"
Very clean and everybody there was really nice
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
"It got the job done"
I came to see a UVA college football game and wanted to check out Charlottesville at night so we decided to stay close by. I didn't spend much time in the hotel, but this place got the job done. Checking in was flawless and we slept comfortably. This isn't anything fancy, but it got the job done. No issues.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014