All hotels in Charlottesville, Virginia, United States of America
390 Greenbrier Dr, Charlottesville, VA, 22901, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.8
    2.7
    2.5
"A good deal."
The hotel is a good deal. The front desk person was not very friendly, but she was helpful. The room is clean and comfortable. Some repairs are needed, like the shower head that is loose / not properly attached to the wall.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Shirlina
The hotel has a distinct smell in the hallways. The carpets could use a steam clean. Our room was fine for what we paid. Clean towels everyday. I would stay again if I was on a budget again.
2 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
"The Bare Necessities"
Nothing special about this property; desperately needs a face lift. The bed was bowed and the carpet was gross.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
"OK for the price. Convenient to UVA."
Overall average but good for the price. Only there for a night so it met my needs. They told me about a free Continental Breakfast available the following day... ended at 9am.. I got there 7 mins past and they had already shut it down. So, anyone considering staying there be aware.
1 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
martin p
"Good hotel for road trip"
NAPet friendly and not too far from Monticello. The staff helped us with directions and there was a complimentary late check out. Breakfast provided.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
A
"Just Don't"
Went to Charlottesville for a concert and decided not to splurge on a hotel. Right away you notice the area is not pleasant. We checked in and the whole place smells like it has been doused in bleach. The hotel room was the same. We booked a king size bed room. I imagine the bed we slept on was as old as the town. Super hard with no give. Not once when leaving our room was there not a huge pile of laundry blocking the hallway. When checking out we had to wait until the woman went to the 7-11 across the street and purchased cigarettes. I've seen worse, but I've never stayed in a worse hotel. Next time we will spend the extra dollars on a nice hotel.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Most horrible hotel experience ever."
Cigarette burns all over. Lamp wire was taped together-fire hazard? Refrigerator did not work but made a lot of noise. The room also smelled terrible. There was constant noise all night as well. We left--worst hotel experience of my life.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
The bathtub was stained, the ice machine broken, and only 2 pillows were on each queen bed. The inside of the lobby and halls looked well worn.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
"Good place for the money"
Great for the price, ice machine was broken, some maintenance needed to be done in room, room and bathroom clean, great location to shopping and restaurants.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
"Horribly bad"
Look like a crackhead hotel
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
Theresea
I didn't expect much from a Super 8, but this one was dirty, old, and broken down. Breakfast was terrible, and the staff seemed like they could do nothing about it.
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
Ryan
Good overall stay for the price. We had a minor incident which the staff took care of in a timely fashion.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Never Again"
I didn't get what I booked. I booked a non-smoking room but was put in a smoking room. The hotel in dire need of being upgraded. Glad I only had to stay one night.
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2015
Garry
"Gross"
Neck and back pain for days after sleeping on matress; maybe the other bed would have been more comfortable but did not want to sleep on that one due to the obvious blook stains showing from underneath the sheet.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Virginia
"Bad plumbing but couteous service"
There was a water main break so I had to relocate after one night with no running water. The staff were courteous about it and gave everyone full refunds. The hotel is a basic place to sleep and was clean enough for a place to rest overnight. I wouldn't stay there much longer than a single night though.
3 night trip May 28, 2015
"Hotel close to UVA"
Room was comfortable and hotel staff was nice. Complimentary breakfast was basic, but good.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
Martin
"If you like to smoke..this hotel is for you."
The room we stayed in smelled awful and even opening the window did not help. The walls were paper thin so you could hear everything, EVERYTHING, while you are walking down the hallway.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"Nice Mot"
The motel was clean and smelled cleaned.... we were surprised to see a microwave and refrigerate in the room... and both appliances worked...we had a good stay and would return.....
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
TEE
"Not great"
The room was disgusting, I'm just glad I was only spending one night.
1 night business trip May 31, 2015
"Try somewhere else"
Quite a dump. There was a water leak which means the outside door was always open, therefore unsafe. The ice machine next to my room made constant loud noises. And this old school backwards place still allows smoking- the stupid thing about it is they alternate smoking floors which means nonsmokers on the middle floor are out of luck with the dank smell of smoke. Not to mention 2nd hand smoke public health effects. This needs to change. Stop allowing smoking inside buildings. The area outside was also quite dumpy. (and I've stayed in plenty of cheap hotels before) I can't believe this place gets away with the normal rate of $100 a night+ it posts on the doors.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
We had a big dog with us. The hotel is OK for all of us, including the dog,for its price. The only problem we had was that one of the two beds was sloped so we had to put some thing on one side of the mattress to make the bed flat.
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Adequate hotel, very friendly staff."
The room was clean, the breakfast was okay (Coffee, OJ, Cereal, Fruit Bowl, and Waffles), and the staff was very friendly and helpful
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Potential water disastrous leak problem"
The desk was turning folks away when we arrived. Water was leaking from somewhere underneath the building all day and was accumulating in the elevator shaft. We were warned that the city may be turning off the water soon. We decided to take the risk. Went to dinner. On our return, they had created a temporary solution: provide a pump in the elevator shaft so that water could be removed. Water was not shut off. They had not located the source the morning we checked out. My wife is very tuned in to cleanliness and she was very pleased. The facility is a bit spartan, but we being primitive campers had no problems. Good TV, comfortable beds, satisfactory breakfast. Friendly, helpful lady at the desk. Good place! We'd go back.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Very run down property"
Hotel staff knowledgeable and helpful, but property itself aweful. Broken windows, missing screen, bad outlets, etc.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"How does this place stay open?"
Arrived to be told there were no non-smoking rooms left. The motel is 70% smoking. No mention of that fact on Expedia. Urine in toilet. Hole in floor under rug that I stepped into regularly. Mattress destroyed. No flat area left. Window screen scrunched up so insects can get in. Room was dirty. Don't think it was cleaned. Cleaning staff did not speak english and seemed clueless. Opened window in night for some air and was greeted with wave of gasoline odors. Did not sleep due to smell and noisy air conditioner. TV screen out of focus. No marked crosswalks so felt I was taking a risk everytime I tried to cross four lane road. No one walks that I could see.
Other trip May 17, 2015
Laurie
"Sad Sack"
The hotel was a hot mess. Cigarette burn on the tub, sink counter, nasty rug. Tore up furniture, grease in the bottom of the draw. Drawer had no bottom. It cigarette smell over that floor. It was worth $99.26. I could sleep. There were no more opening. On the website is was beautiful. When you got in the room. It was another story. I will not go back there any more. We try to get our money. But we could not get our money.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"In need of an upgrade."
Staff was not as friendly as I had hoped. Rooms were all right but not as good as others I stayed at same week.
Other trip May 5, 2015
not the best place was on the second floor, kinda of needs updated. But was only spending one night so was ok for that. The bed was horrible but other than that things was just ok
Other trip May 5, 2015
"A clean, affordable, comfortable hotel!"
We had a great experience at this Super 8. It was a simple set up (a bit aged) but the room and bathroom was clean with fresh linens. For the price we paid, it would be hard to beat. Sure there's ritzier hotels out there if you want to pay an arm and a leg. Had great little breakfast service & good coffee, too.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Pay more. Stay elsewhere."
My brother lives in PA and I live in southern VA...we met at this hotel to go see one of the sweetest bands out, Lotus, play a 2-night set in Charlottesville. After two nights of Lotus, we were supposed to hit the Appalachian Trail for 2 nights of recovery in the mountains. Well, upon entering the hotel, I refused to even bring my backpacking gear inside for fear it might get contaminated with bed bugs, herpes, or whatever other potential disease this roach-infested palace had to offer. With my job, I stay in hotels about 30 nights per year and this is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at in my life. Ever. The room was overwhelmingly saturated in smoke and urine. I killed a cockroach with my shoe as it was running up the wall. I couldn't muster up enough courage to pull the sheets back and actually get in the bed...I slept on top of the comforter. Let's call this place what it is...a dump. When I made the plans for this trip, I figured we'd be roughing it a bit...what else would you expect for $70/night? However, I was not fully prepared for the grossness that I endured. Pay more. Stay elsewhere.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"Great Accomodations, close to everything"
As always for our previous stays the hotel staff was very accomodating, by promptly answering our email questions, giving us an early check-in, and allowing us to stay a second night in the same room without a formal reservation. The room was very clean with several over-the-top amenaties, and worked perfectly for our Charlottesville family reunion.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Richard (Dick)
"Cheap enough."
Strong smell of cigarette smoke hits you as soon as you open the room door. Old, tired decor. Pitiful pillows. Mold and cracked tiles in the bathroom.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Jack
"stay in virginia"
it wasgood room friendly service would stay again
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Very reasonable."
Reasonable price, decent breakfast included (not just muffins and coffee). A little noisy (i.e. ice machine in the hallway) but overall worth the price. Not new (some items in the room needed repair), but clean.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Rob
"FLEAS"
We asked for 1st floor they put us on the 3rh floor. I have a leg full of FLEA bites. I couldn't wait to get out of there
2 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
the make up of the bed wasn't the best the mattress pad was uncomfortable
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
m g
"Trapped in Snow Storm!"
Had to find a place last-minute because of snow. Wish I would've spent the extra $$ and gone elsewhere. Hotel is "rough around the edges."
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Low Cost - quick, clean"
Clean, quite - if you are looking for a no frills crash pad, this is a good place to stay.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
K
"You get what you pay for"
Waited 10 minutes in the lobby to check into my room because the front desk attendant was on the phone with a friend. It's a cheap hotel; keep your expectations low and you'll be satisfied.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"I would recommend to a friend"
Perfect overnight getaway.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"Charlottesville"
Was ok for one night. Though non-smoking room, was obvious smell of smoke in the hallway. Shower pressure was terrible as the bath stayed mostly on instead of pushing the water to the shower
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Charlottesville, Super 8"
We had trouble with the heater. No remote. We were asked to leave while eating breakfast as the hotel attendant wanted to vacuum. This was not very professional.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
The water was brown and had to run to get it clear
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Not worth $60"
Trash bag not changed, pillows lumpy, washcloths & towels old
A
"It's a dump"
its a dump
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Sankaran
"Great place and price!!"
Stayed in wheelchair accessible room. Room was big enough to maneuver the electric chair in. Had a shower seat for the tub which was a nice touch. Easy to access was just off main road close to restaurants and shopping.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
"Get what you pay for"
You get what you pay for. Nothing fancy about this place. It did the job as a place to sleep one night.
1 night trip with friends Feb 3, 2015
For a low cost hotel Super 8 met the bill. The hotel was clean but was in need of updating.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"uncomfortable"
Bed was terrible and uncomfortable.
1 night trip with friends Jan 28, 2015
Annie
"Hotel"
You get exactly what you pay for. They still allow smoking at this hotel so the smell is horrible.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015