All hotels in Middletown, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here563 Route 211 E, I-84 Exit 4W Rt 17 Exit 120, Middletown, NY, 10941, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.9
"poor"
I simply asked for a single non-smoking and I kid you not the hallways and my room smelled like old wet ashtrays I had to turn the air down to sixty and leave the vent on in the rest room. As I slept every time I turned the pillow I thought someone was blowing cigarette smoke in my face. my bag still stinks
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
Ezra
"Disappointing Stay"
I booked this hotel because it was close to where I needed to be for a family get-together. It was very hot that weekend. When I arrived, I was told that I could not be booked in for another three hours--it was noon. Then when I finally got a room, the room was hot, REALLY HOT. I turned on the air conditioner (the only amenity listed on their website), and it blew hot air. I went to the desk and said I needed another room. They assured me the air conditioning would be cool later, but I did not want to unpack and wait and later have to repack to move. I figured if it was not blowing anything cool in ten minutes, it was not working correctly. So they eventually found me another room, but it did not have a refrigerator like the first room, so that was disappointing. When I woke up the first day, I tried to find one of those cards you hang on the door so the maids will come. I left the room around 9:30 AM and returned at 12:30 to find that they had not come yet. The maids were already working in all the rooms around mine at 9:30, but they skipped mine. I was told that I should have told the front desk that I was leaving. I was forced to leave again, before I was ready, so the maids could clean because their day was over once they had done my room. It was very inconvenient. There was nothing outstanding about the hotel for them to charge the rates they charged, and I will try a different hotel on my next trip.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"It works..."
It's a Super 8. No frills, inexpensive place to crash for a night. Stayed with family (kids 9 and 10) and dog. Complimentary breakfast satisfied the kids. Hotel accomplished its job.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Bullky
"Very happy"
Clean,cheap and you close to everything. I got more than I expected. Very satisfied stay.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"Pretty nasty"
Air conditioner smelled moldy, had to leave the window open. Wi fi worked but hair dryer did not. Breakfast was decent for budget hotel. Carpeting discusting throughout.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"I was pleasantly surprised!"
After reading the other reviews posed online about the Super 8, I must confess, I had my concerns! BUT, I was PLEASANTLY surprised with my experience. The location is EXTREMELY convenient, just off of the highway, close to major attractions, restaurants, malls, etc. The staff were EXTREMELY friendly and courteous. Yes, the rooms are a little "date" but, overall, clean, well-kept, and what do you expect for under $90 a night when other local motels are charging at least 50% more?
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Convenient for my needs"
Very Good
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
John Ely
"Disgusting!!!!!"
This is the worst place I have ever stayed in my entire life! There were stains on the beds! The room smelled like a moldy basement! Hospitality sucked! They hung up the phone on me. The tub felt like if u stepped to hard in it it would fall through the floor. Just plain disgusting and I would never recommend anyone to stay there. I have pics! Wish there was some where I could post them. I think it's a housing for social service placements honestly because people should not be paying their money to stay in that rat hole.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
Rdavis
"Very run down"
Forgot to service room first night second night forgot towels. Last night no service again
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
kevin
"Good Value"
If you are looking for an economical place to stay on your journey - this is it. Everything works; staff friendly and helpful; good internet service - not the ritz, but then it's not supposed to be.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Great Staff"
The hotel is old and not in the best shape but the staff was great and they do the best they can with what they have. It is well worth the money and I would definitely stay there again.
Response by Super 8 Middletown
Traveler from New Jersey, Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about your stay. We thank you for noticing the excellent customer service we aim to deliver to each guest. We hope to see you soon!
2 night romance trip Jun 13, 2014
"A One Nighter"
After much confusion at the front desk, this due to a new trainee, we finally got to our room. Upon opening the door, the smell of stale cigerette smoke was heavy. The rug was stained and the place is a bit outdated. Thank godness it was only a one nighter for us before heading back home!
Response by Super 8 Middletown
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I apologize for the delay check in due to a new employee. We are an older building and we do our best to meet and exceed guests expectations. We appreciate your feedback.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Glad to have a pet friendly hotel"
It was the only pet friendly hotel in the area so we booked a room. The room was musty, not clean, dark and old. Bed linens had cigarette burns on them.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
L
"Needs upgrade"
Not good
3 night trip May 23, 2014
"Staff are so nice"
I needed to check in early and they were able to accommodate. Not only that, but they were extremely nice about it.
Response by Super 8 Middletown
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon !
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Good location, everything else BAD"
The only good thing about this motel is the location, it is close to highways and there are lots of stores and restaurants close by. As for the motel, the service was awful, we had to wait 20 minutes for our room at check-in, the room was OK, the shower had very little hot water or water pressure, stained towels, broken outlets, and worst of all- when we got back to the room after a night out (around 2 am) our room key didn't work! There was no one at the front desk and we waited around for a half hour until any staff was at our service. I guess you get what you pay for. CHEAP MOTEL CHEAP SERVICE.
Response by Super 8 Middletown
Ally, First, I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about your previous stay. Secondly, I'd like to apologize for the customer service you experienced. We aim to meet and exceed guests expectations.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Ally
"Don't stay here"
We checked in early before going to a party and were immediately put off by the smell of the room. At the party the locals told us to not risk getting bedbugs- DON'T STAY THERE! We drove home the same day rather than stay in the "Super" 8.
Response by Super 8 Middletown
CDEX, Thank you for writing a review. I'm sorry you did not have the chance to stay with us to have a super guest experience.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
cdex
"SUPER 8 MIDDLETOWN NY"
OK FOR THE PRICE BUT WOULD NOT STAY THERE AGAIN
Response by Super 8 Middletown
Richard, Thank you for reviewing your staying. We appreciate your honest feedback.
Other trip May 26, 2014
RICHARD
"Off beaten track"
Hard to find. Noisy.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Clean and comfortable overnight"
When we travel we are looking for somewhere convenient, clean and comfortable with breakfast and wi-fi. This met all our requirements, and everything was just as expected.
Response by Super 8 Middletown
Pat, Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. We especially thank you for our 4 star review. We hope to serve you and your future lodging needs!
Other trip May 11, 2014
Pat
"worth the price"
this is the discount hotel and you get nice value for the dollar don't confuse it with the Ritz
1 night business trip May 7, 2014
"just OK"
hotel staff was very,very nice. The room looked as if it had been done hurriedly (beds sort of half made) TV was awful--- antique with blue tinge and remote to TV was very slow. carpets dirty everywhere, Breakfast very ho-hum!!
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
Robin
Bathroom had will paper pulling off the will. the room smelled like it was previously a smoking room. All night there were doors slamming. The outside door look would not work with our room key. The room was over priced for its condition.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
"ok hotel"
ok, nothing to write home about. your very basic hotel
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"dirty!"
hair everywhere in the bathroom, sink and even towels. mysterious white residue on blanket cover. gross!!
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Basic hotel for stopping for a night"
We reserved 2 rooms which were spotless. The major problem that we had was the smell of the stale smoke in one of the rooms (a "non-smoking one") We didn't want to bother asking to change since the smell permeated the hallway, too, and it was late. Otherwise, the staff was pleasant and it was an uneventful stay.
Response by Super 8 Middletown
Hi Barbara, Thank you for taking time to write a review about your previous stay. I apologize for the stale cigarette odor as we had recently converted to a non smoking hotel. We are continuing to make improvements to our hotel and we hope to see you again. Thank you
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
"Staff act like untrained thugs"
I booked through Expedia and specifically asked for a pet friendly motel-Expedia stated the pet charge($15) and that the hotel would take care of the additional money at check in. checked in uneventfully then was accosted by hotel front desk employee on my way to my room with my dogs accusing me of trying to sneak them in. I told them I had asked for the motel specifically when I booked with Expedia customer service and the motel blamed Expedia and said the money--$15 for both dogs had to be paid. I asked that it be placed on my bill and I would settle when checking out. I was told NO! had to pay right then! Yikes! Then it got worse-couldn't get my card to pass-it was declined then hotel front desk asked me if it was my card?! Holy Moly--meanwhile time was passing by and she could not get the card to go through. I was very tired and said I will just pay cash this is taking too long. And was told again NO--have to do it this way! When she finally finished I asked for receipt which was undecipherable it had so many charges and reversals on it. The next morning I asked for a final receipt when checking out and was again told NO-Expedia has the receipt! Will never book again this way I felt I was treated as if I was a criminal trying to put something over on the motel! Bad business!
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Prettttty Disgusting"
Entire hotel smelt of smoke and mold. My boyfriend said it best "at what point to you invest money back into your business". The Hotel was very poorly kept and we felt pretty gross sleeping in it.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Lauren
"Fecal Matter Weekend"
Stayed in room 233. Fri. night, saw that someone had wiped themselves w/the shower curtain while I was in the shower. Sat. night, back in the shower, same room, saw that there was ANOTHER spot on the shower curtain that had fecal matter wiped on it...now there were two spots. Also noticed that someone had done it on the wall next to one of the beds adjacent to the restroom/shower. No one but my girl and I had access to that room EXCEPT the maids who clean it! Yep, was an interesting stay. Didn't gross me out so much as surprised me, but I think the help is messing w/the management, and we became recipients of what was going on. The brown on the wall outside the bathroom next to the bed is what REALLY surprised me. Yeah, so I gave an honest review, and I believe that someone is trying to throw a wrench in the works of that hotel. Basically, not bad, a middle of the road hotel to stay at...
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
The one thing I noticed was that although things seemed clean, the carpet looked quite worn. We ran out of toilet paper and no extra roll was in the room. Other than that, it was fine.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2013
worst of the worst worst worst NASTY. dirty toilet,sinks,carpet with a unpleasant rude desk clerk. party next door lasted until four in the morning and calls to front desk didnt do a thing. was late, raining bad otherwise we would have left and we had to pay a pet fee. nasty nasty place
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2013
babs
"A good find at the last minute"
We were travelling through on the final leg of a 9-day trip, this being the last night and we did not make a reservation ahead of time. Found it on expedia while at dinner and when we arrived 20 minutes later the desk staff already had our reservation and room assignment printed out! Nothing fancy here but a basic room was all we were looking for.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Convenient but poor"
theTI a frequent motel visitor,I know what is typical at this price range. I havestayed at family owned and chain hotels and motels of comparable price/type. This was the worst I have seen.The room and all the linens felt damp as if the air conditioning had not been turned on long (there had been several days of very humid weather) The toilet was running when I got in the room and required handle jiggling to stop. The TV remote wouldn't work. I took it to the desk, where I found the receptionist, trying but unable to get a guest into a room. When she got to me, she handed me instructions on resetting the remote,whichnot only did not work, but locked the TV on. There is a near by hotel that I will try instead next time.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"moldy, but great location"
It was in a great location close to everything but i couldnt bare to be in the room too long because of the god awful smell. I stayed 2 nights in misery. The breakfast was good though
2 night business trip Aug 30, 2013
Brittney
"Good value functional motel"
This motel is well located well for the Interstate and local routes and offers very good value for money compared with others in the same area. The facilities (restaurants, stores and eateries) around the motel are excellent and it is very close to the Middletown Railway station for connections to Manhattan/NYC
1 night trip Aug 26, 2013
Jane
"Close to where i needed to be. Friendly staff."
The breakfast was good. Staff was polite and on top of request For a fridge and microwave in the room. I've stayed there before and I'll stay there again if necessary
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
rhonda
"DO NOT STAY HERE."
This hotel was DIRTY. I mean, I found someone's boxer shorts shoved behind the dresser in our room!!! Also, the coffee maker was growing green mold. It hadn't been cleaned in I don't know how long. The room smelled, the bed was uncomfortable, the AC was not working correctly. The staff was maybe 20 years old and all she could say was "oh really? Im sorry" and didn't even offer to change our room or send someone in to clean again. I highly recommend to not stay here, even if you just need to crash for the night. There is another hotel directly across the parking lot - go stay there!! You'll probably have a better time!
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"Lst motel nights stay until RI"
Wish we could have enjoyed the room more. Arrived after 8:00 so grabbed a bite to eat and went to bed. Motel recommended Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner-not a good place for relaxing after a long day's drive. Too noisy-not a good atmosphere at all.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Average Cheap hotel"
The staff was very friendly both when we checked in and the next morning. The no smoking room smelled of smoke from years of use, probably before it was a no smoking room. It is an old hotel in need of a serious makeover. Cheap should not mean crappy. Thin small towels in the bathroom. The mattress was hard and the pillows uncofortable. Not quite sure why they offered a breakfast as the room where it was served was very small and there was very lttle selection. I guess it is just for coffee drinkers. The location was convienent to the highway and restaraunts. Overall it was an average cheap hotel. Nothing special. Maybe some fresh paint and some new towels and it wouldn't be so average.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Mildew smell coming out of A/C unit in room 102"
Stayed here because I was attending a wedding in the area and had my dog with me. The room was outdated with what seemed like new laminate flooring. Carpet would have been preferred. There weren't even any area carpets. My 13 years young dog fell in the room while I was absent and could not get up without the traction of carpet. Air conditioner unit gave off the smell of mildew as it barely blew cool air. Shower had minimal water pressure. At 3:30 am I took my dog out for a walk only to find that we were locked in. Even when pressing exit button located next to door. Key cards also would not allow my boyfriend back into our room after 3 am. Very convenient. Thanks for a smelly moldy night.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Ria
That hotel smell like cigarette I don't like it :-(
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2013
Eg
Overall I have no complaints. My wife and I have stayed here several times.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
Nick M
"don't expect much"
the reason we chose this place is because we were visiting family in Middletown so we needed a place to sleep in town. And that is about all this place is good for - a place to crash for the night. Even that is arguable because the beds were very uncomfortable. Do not expact anything more from this location - it is a motel. Not much more to say.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Better Than Expected."
Would suggest that before accepting the room, guests test the shower. We learned on last day of stay that ours had low water pressure .Breakfast is from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and consisted of orange & cranberry juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, Raisin Bran, Sugar Frosted Flakes, instant Quaker Oatmeal, waffles, syrup, wrapped pastry, half & half or flavored mini-packets for the coffee. There is a TV and table and chairs in the breakfast room.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
Henry
"Overnight stay"
The staff was very friendly and courteous! The hotel is very old and in need of repair and upgrade. Overall, for an overnight stay on our way to a class reunion, it was fine, but overpriced for the condition of the property.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
April
"Smelly but okay"
As other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel does smell. Our non-smoking room did smell a bit like smoke (I believe the staff must wash the smoking and non-smoking sheets together because the sheets smelled). For a budget hotel, it was acceptable.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"Bad smell of smoking, old dirty mattresses"
We stayed for one night in a non smoking room but everything in the room have the smell of smoking. Everything was old and outdated: mattresses, bathroom etc. Breakfast was very poor. It is not worth $100!
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Kat
It was just a three day weekend spent there. But it was well spent. Love the location made outsiders like myself find everything I needed. It was clean and a great place to stay. The service was great, lost my card key and they easily replaced it.
2 night trip with friends Jul 6, 2013
Mindy
"Staff are slacking due to no manager on site"
Housekeeping was horrible. I complained to the front desk staff and was told that the manager had gotten fired so the staff was out of control and lazy. I had a broken coffee pot that was never replaced. The continental breakfast would have been acceptable but a family loaded up on everything and took it all back to their room. The staff never replenished it. Overall it is a good hotel, but this time housekeeping was nonexistent.
4 night family trip Jul 3, 2013
"Close to all area attractions"
After reading previous reviews I was very hesitant to stay here. We looked at the room prior to checking in and it was fine. Clean, neat and courteous staff. Wouldn't have any problem staying there again.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013