All hotels in Salinas, California, United States of America
1030 Fairview Ave, Salinas, CA, 93905, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
The first room we got was terrible. It had an awful smell, and some of the electrical outlets didn't work. We called the front, and immediately they moved us to another room. The second room was very clean and didn't have a smell. This is an older hotel in a not great neighborhood, but we didn't have any problems. Also, the beds were extremely comfortable, and I didn't hear the traffic from the freeway, and the staff was very accommodating. Apparently, there is new ownership or management and they have only had the hotel for 3 weeks. They are working towards fixing it up a little at a time. They were apologetic about the first room, and said they were still finding out the ins and outs of what needed to be fixed. I paid $203 a night with taxes, and felt that was way over priced.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Cheri M
"Not worth the price"
I suppose weekends are costly but wonder why they are costly when most of the rooms are still empty. Anyhow Pros 1) neighborhood is good. access to gas stations and many restaurants 2) courteous staff 3) 30min drive to Monterey, CA Cons 1) Torn blanket 2) smelly room 3) close to highway so noisy when windows are opened 4) Dust on chair 5) costly for the overall stay
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Good if you're in a pinch."
my girlfriend and I were stranded in Salinas for an evening because of a fender bender getting onto the 101 over 4th of July weekend. This was the only hotel with any vacancy. It got the job done, but thats about it. There were no towels for showering, luckily we brought our own. I suppose we got exactly what we would have expected, friendly staff working in what seemed to be a second hand hotel. dominos knew exactly where it was, so that was a highlight.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
anthony
There's no continental breakfast is this little bit of cereal and coffeeThe bedroom with 30 and that was her hair from other people and the carpet was dirty in the TV wasn't working
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
alejandro
Too exspensive based on the neighborhood
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Lainey
"Convenient and adequate."
We asked to move rooms and staff was quick to satisfy. He even called after we settled into the new room to be sure we were happy with the change. Our room was near the end of the building toward the freeway. So, the noise from the freeway could have been bothersome. However, we just turned the fan on for white noise and slept fine. I didn't notice until I took a shower that the shower curtain had pink mold stains. Other than that, the room seemed clean and in good condition. The breakfast left a lot to be desired. Packaged danishes. No juice. Not worth paying anything extra for. Overall, the room was chosen for convenience to Monterey and price. We didn't spend much time in the room, so it was fine for our needs.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
"poor sevice"
Even though it was a non smoking room, it stunk of cigarettes, the bed cover had a cigarette burn through it! Even though I had paid in advance the clerk charged me again.
2 night business trip May 8, 2015
"Get what you pay for..."
The wifi was not working...
2 night trip May 2, 2015
Oscar
"Served it's purpose"
The hotel served it's purpose - a place to rest our heads. Management was very nice and helpful. Fixtures in the room were older but again I wasn't looking for a spa experience. It was very nice to have a fridge and micro in the room. For the price I would stay again.
3 night trip Apr 10, 2015
VS
"Basic, clean hotel to stop along the way down PCH"
This hotel is clean, affordable, and in a great spot if you're heading down the Pacific Coast Highway the following day. It's a great point to stop over and In N Out Burger is only 1 mile away so you can't complain.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"you truly do get what you pay for =\"
It was definetely a cheap rate online but I would never stay here again. The room was dirty and the area was not in a good area. Its next to the freeway so you can hear a lot of noise. The only decent thing I think was the bed was pretty comfortable but the comforter looked dirty and had a cigarette burn in it (though it's not supposed to be a smoking hotel). I wouldn't recommend this hotel sadly. Its true you get what you pay for.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Amber
"my little getaway"
From the moment I arrivedthe staff was very nice and the room was clean and spacious
1 night trip Feb 7, 2015
Carmen
"Very nice!"
Good people helping you out. Mans a nice breakfast for wen you wake up. I enjoyed my stay and would defenitley come back again.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"ok for passing through"
not bad for a place to just crash. I would not allow my children to stay here.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
"bad experiance"
room smell like diesel, service was bad. staff was rude n tired not recommended. not even worth $20.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2014
Mairaj
"bad location and no breakfest"
The place is located in a bad place, all night we heard noises from the outside...and you can call the breakfast they served continental breakfast- there was almost nothing....
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
amir
"All but internet was great"
Everything was great except I needed the internet access badly for my business. i never got it. They blamed it on the location if the room. Bad move.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
"cool"
Its was cool
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2014
"COMFTARBLY COMFTARBLE"
IT WAS SO RELAXING AND ENJOYABLE. THERE ARE WALKING DISTANCE TO WHERE YOU CAN GET SOMETHING TO EAT.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
yesenia
"loud and bad breakfest"
the motel is directly at the freeway and it's very loud. the breakfest is very minimal and placed at the reception. one thing that i tried to eat was moldy :/
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Dirty!!! Covered up with strong air freshner. But the bed was comfortable!
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Tami
Called hotel.com and the person found this room at price I wanted to pay. The rooms was clean even had a blow dryer. The continental Brkfst was good.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
"Sadly disappointed"
I came looking for a hotel just to lay my head. I was shocked to see this hotel not only take advantage of a customer to the point of usury. This hotel has a very modest price during the week, but on weekends with lots of events, the price will triple. My room was next to the freeway, a low budget hotel where I was charged over the top for a simple place. I have heard when vacancies are scarce, property owners are now feeling arrogant enough to demand $200-$500 for a simple room. We are in a drought. For someone to charge $300 a gallon of water for a weary traveling would not only be seen as greedy, but unethical. Do you want to be seen as joining the ranks of those who take advantage of people? I was appalled.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Karen g
"look before u keap"
we ended up staying here Saturday of the Labor Day weekend. We did not have many choices. Or so we thought! We paid way too much for this old run down hotel that rooms were in terrible condition and it is in a very dangerous neighborhood.we booked online so you never really know until you get there. My mistake!
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
"Clean rooms, except for"
Very clean rooms No wifi, ask the front desk. The guy said he would reset. But still no wifi after asking him 3 times. The man at the front desk was friendly when we check in When we check out, the lady was rude. No Hi, no thank you, no asking how was your stay. She needs to work where she doesnt have to deal with customers
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
N/a
"Okay hotel for cheap"
The rooms were fine. We were on a budget and this was what we chose. The room was clean enough. Some things needed remodeling but we were expecting anything fancy for the price. Location was the worst part about it. But overall, it worked for us and the staff was nice.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Cheap"
Cheap rates, and what comes with that is cheap service. Had to ask for extra towels and attitude was given in return.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
It was an okay hotel, but the noise from the Freeway kept my family up all night. So if you went to sleep it was difficult to actually get good sleep. I recommend getting double pain windows so you do not hear the loud trucks driving past your hotel. It was a compatible hotel to a hotel 6. We will look to stay elsewhere due to noise at night. Serve was nice and people at front desk were very nice too.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Debbie
"Close to the highway, easy access off and on"
Room was on the back side next to the highway, but with the AC on, we didn't even hear the traffic. Neighborhood is not the best. Value is good for a place to stay.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Dee
"Look else where"
It's small, smelly, dank, loud (because it's right next to the 101). I regret it and won't be back.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Clean and convenient"
Good value for the price Booked at last minute What more is there to say?
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"very clean"
Very clean room stayed 2nights.they kept the room clean..Very well lit parking lot area.and close to freeway exit..Wld stay again :)
2 night trip May 23, 2014
tony
"Just ok"
Very loud at night, dirty room and carpet. Won't be coming back
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Egggh"
Hotel was basic, but it was the cheapest we could find given that it was a holiday weekend and the Reggae Fest was in town. The continental breakfast was from 8-10am, no we missed it both days because we had to be at the dive spot early (most hotels I've been to do 6-10am). There was a guy sleeping next to the ice machine one morning which was awkward. The hotel phone didn't route to the front desk, which was annoying. It had Dish and wifi, and served it's purpose.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Slumming it
1 night business trip May 17, 2014
"America's Best at Salinas"
This motel is just off Hwy 101. Our room was just ok. The tiny bathroom allowed for only one person and the sink was outside the bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the old CRT style TV had Direct TV that seemed to have nothing available free w/o paying. The "continental breakfast" was anything but: Coffee, juice, sweet roll, 2 cereal choices and no table on which to use. The 8 - 10 AM breakfast insured that most everyone would be gone as why would anyone want to wait 2 hrs for paltry offerings? A bit overpriced for what we received.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
My children have asthma and the room smelled like a smoking room. We had a hard time sleeping because of the smell and the loud freeway noise.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"okay stay"
Well we were on our first vacation in years to check out the Seaotter bike festival. First time bike riders the price for the location was too high. The room was clean but not enough towels,soap, no lotion, missing coffee pot. Good thing I came prepared with our own supplies. Then the room next to us had a party so no sleep all night until 4 am in the morning. continental breakfast includes cereal and packaged pastry i think. It was an ok stay but I was expecting a lot for for the price they charged.
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
Maricar
"Clean, but location is awful."
We stayed on a Friday night for this trip in March. The staff was friendly enough and check in was smooth. The room was very clean and felt redone in the last few years. Those are the only pluses we had. The location was right next to the freeway on ramp, extremely noisy. The hotel had paper thin walls, so we hear everything going on around and above us. The pipes were very noisy so our neighbors above us, that decided to take multiple shower throughout the night and flush the toilet often made for a loud evening. The door to our room was not sealed off very well, so where the building has newer, double pane windows, the door let in all the sounds going on and air from outside. The door also didn't have any kind of chain or fold over bar for locking from the inside. It did have a bolt you could throw locked, but didn't feel as secure as others. The parking lot was hopping all night as well, with horns and loud music. I would not recommend this to anyone or stay there again.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
A
"Good Motel for the Money!"
Older TV, but comfortable bed!
1 night trip Mar 2, 2014
"Look elsewhere"
In summary this hotel is not worth the $60 we spent on it. I picked this since hotels in Monterey (our destination) were expensive. However, I have stayed in much better hotels for half the cost of this one. The room had a weird smell, the carpet had stains and was wet! The AC unit was dysfunctional, TV was out of service. What tipped me off was the door had its safety lock broken and there was a large enough gap between the door and its frame!
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2014
"good"
good hotel just cereal for breakfast
4 night business trip Feb 10, 2014
"good hotel"
Hotel was good near fwy, basic breakfast, just cereal, clean room
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
"Nice, clean hotel."
The staff is very friendly. The service is great. I would recommend to anyone to stay here. For the price, its definitely worth the money.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
Cynthia
"Must See"
Great
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2014
Orlando August
"Prevalent traffic noise from highway 101"
over all it was a good experience. My room (235) faced highway 101 and the sound of passing traffic was prevalent. I actually double checked to make sure the window was closed (and it was). I considered asking for a room away from the highway but it was late and I was pretty tired. The shower was my least favorite part of my stay. I prefer more shower water pressure than what was available. Other than those two things all else was fine. It was clean, it was convenient and the night manager was pleasant and helpful.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2014
"traveling"
Good value for the money.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Wally
"Great place to rest on my long trip home"
I am 89 and can only drive 4-5 hours a day. This was very conveniently located right off the 101. The gentleman at the desk was patient as I am hard of hearing but we got me checked in on the bottom floor which I had requested. They had my room cleaned so let me check in early and were very helpful in giving me a list of places to eat. My room was comfortable-I did hear the noise from the freeway, but since I am hard of hearing-it was no problem once I had the TV on or my hearing aids out. It was an easy on back to the freeway and they had a free breakfast in the lobby.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2014
Dale Davis
Very good value for the price.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2014
"The cheap one"
An inexpensive hotel in a nice area, can't complain too much, but the door didn't close easily and the mattress was particularly uncomfortable.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013