All hotels in Salinas, California, United States of America
1030 Fairview Ave, Salinas, CA, 93905, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
"Very clean and friendly manager."
I enjoyed my stay and the beds were very comfgortable and staff were hospitable.
1 night business trip Dec 21, 2013
Orlando
"Hidden treasure"
For the money, this is a great place to stay for the Monterey area.
1 night trip Dec 19, 2013
A.G.
"Pretty good for the price."
My main problem with the room was that while it was supposed to be non-smoking, it apparently hadn't been non-smoking for long. Also the carpet needed a good steam-cleaning, looked like a lot of people with really dirty shoes had walked on it. Otherwise pretty nice, especially for the price. The room had apparently been redone recently and was was surprisingly nice for $**. The staff were polite. I was worried about noise as the room was in the back facing Hwy 101, but it wasn't bad enough to wake me up.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2013
MC
"wonderful hotel! clean rooms!"
I loved my stay! it was quiet, clean, and comfortable! Every staff member i spoke to was helpful. the only thing that was dirty was the carpet. other than the carpet being dirty everything was wonderful! i would definately stay at Americas Best Value Inn again!
5 night trip Nov 4, 2013
"Descent for low budget"
Clean rooms good room service but in a bad location not the best area. Also not the nicest hotel manager I asked for a receipt upon departing n he said get it online cause that's how I paid n closed the door right away poor attitude other than that ok place to stay.
3 night business trip Oct 28, 2013
"it did the job"
ok room and the breakfast was simple but definetely a plus
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2013
yaya
"1 Night Business Stay"
So close to the hiway that is was very noisy, but clean and comfortable. There was some type of complimentary breakfast provided, but I didn't have time to check it out.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2013
Mary S
"God for short night stay"
Hotel was nice and clean, location is right by the main freeway, but the area is a bit shady. Would not stay for days, but for a short overnight stay I would recommend it.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2013
"Clean, neat, close to highway."
I enjoyed staying there mainly because it was very clean. I am always worried of going in to restrooms that aren't my own, but I was very pleased with the room and bathroom. Towels were clean, sheets were clean, carpet was clean, I felt as if I was at a best western. Amazing place!
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
PB&
"Near the freeway, good price."
This is a typical low cost motel next to the freeway. Nothing special but we were just looking for a place to sleep during the motorcycle races in Monterey. It is 10 miles to Laguna Seca, but any closer would have been very expensive. There is a 7 Eleven across the street if you need anything. Cereal, banana and coffee in the lobby in the mornings. Nice folks running the place.
3 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2013
Dan R
"Business travel on the c heap"
Has to make this business week trip super cheap and these guys made me fell better about it. Staff was just fine, the hotel was actually not that bad for what you think its gonna be. Barely comfortable and just clean enough are perfect descriptions.... but hey I wasnt looking for frill and this place suited its pricepoint and really exceeded it. If I have to swing down this way again and havent filled out my expense reports again and on a shoestring budget, I would stay here again and feel safe.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2013
"Close to the freeway"
Good: We arrived at 9:00 pm and were checked right in. The bed was comfortable; room was clean. Bad: The area is pretty dark and intimidating. The bedspread had a hole in it, the chair was very badly stained.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
C
"Noisy Noisy Noisy!!!"
Won't stay here again, way too much noise.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2013
"Clean and comfortable"
Our stay here was very nice. Our room was very clean,comfortable and secure and the staff was very friendly and helpfull. We would come back and reccommend this property to friends and family.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2013
David S
"last minute booking"
Was overall pleased that I was able to find a hotel the morning I decided to take a trip. Hotel was good for the price and right off the freeway. I'm a happy camper.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
out 4 weekend
Very poor!
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2013
"Last minute crash pad "near" Monterrey Bay"
We wanted to find a last minute cheap room "near" Monterrey Bay where we could crash for the night and get to the beach early the next morning. We are not very picky with hotels and typically care most about getting a low price. We checked in, showered, slept, ate breakfast, then left. We spent very little waking hours at the hotel so this place fit the crash pad bill perfectly.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Needed a place to stay"
In all I was satisfied, though it was a bit hard to find and the neighborhood didn't really have much to offer. Really nice staff, room was clean, I was woken up early morning (about 1 AM) by someone yelling in the parking lot of the motel next door, but no problems arose. I had to leave at 3 AM to catch a flight from SFO and it was quiet and with relatively no traffic on the streets. I would stay again, but not if it were for an extended stay.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
craigfb
"Was ok"
The cheapest I could find on my way to SF in that area. It did the job. It was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Pleasently suprised"
The hospitality was A 1 !
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2013
Greg
Blanket on bed had a large hole in it; washing machine had an inch of dirty water in it-I called front desk to report this I was told it would be fixed & I asked them to call my room to tell me when it was fixed so I could use it& I was told to go back & check on it myself! Poor attitude! Furnishings in room shabby, "breakfast" was paltry. I would not stay here again & would not recommend this place to anyone!
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
"Three days with George & family"
we had a very good experience. The accomodations were comfortable. Good breakfast. Good conversation. excellent recommendations for restaurants. Directions to the great destinations on the Coast & in the Salinas Valley made our local travels easy.
3 night trip Aug 12, 2013
DaveA
"No nice"
The room was not clean properly, found a condon under neath the bed, hair all over the shower.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
tony
"NICE HOTEL STAYED THERE WHILE I WAS DOING A JOB"
PLEASANT STAFF , CLEAN ROOM, GOOD PARKING, QUIET HOTEL
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
RON
"Don't trust."
I am not at all expecting five star treatment. However, toilet flush was not working properly. It was working but it was tricky. When I asked the lady about near by restaurant, she showed me all the restaurants little far from hotel. However, I found few just few blocks away.
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2013
"overall decent place to stay for cheap"
room smelled a lil bad, covered with a lot of cleaning product to try and make it smell better. towels were small and like sandpaper...bring your own towels if anything. the tv was very old and had static so the owner swaped it out with an even older tv. website says flatscreen tv, but there was no flatscreen. but i hafe to say the owners were nice an responded quickly to our concerns.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2013
"Least expensive"
Over all it was comfortable and clean.. I think the one thing I missed was having a clock radio in the room, to use as an alarm. Also being close to the freeway was a little noisy in the evening.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Ok"
ok for one night.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2013
"Noisey but cheap"
Right next to freeway...if you have good hearing stay somewhere else.
3 night business trip Jul 26, 2013
Rob
"Room works for us 95%"
.....after reading previous reviews I've decided some never happy or expecting LEXUS when paying for YUGO.......use GOOGLE yes it's close to off-ramp, yes they provided ear-plugs slept great!!! Rooms clean.....everything good (except water pressure could be higher). Not a Honey-moon suite, we attended MOTOGP races and WILL USE AGAIN!! Hopefully we won't share walls w/whiners who wrote previous reviews!!!
2 night trip Jul 20, 2013
It's near to airport and very cheap.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
Sehn
"its an okay stay..."
Hotel was nice if you are just passing through. No swimming pool just a place to sleep but that is all. Better then some places I have stayed but you get what you are paying for
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2013
traveler
"Nice stay."
very good experience. heheheheeheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
The shower head was to low but thats ok for the price we back again.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
"not bad, but wasn't happy"
I showed up at this hotel, in the middle of nowhere mind you, and I was upset to find out that they charged for this room for extra guests. I had a friend stay who wasn't intending to stay and when we arrived, they made me pay extra for her even though there was plenty of room and towels already in the room. This made the rest of the stay upsetting. The bathroom was the highlight of this hotel - being very clean and almost looking out of place with the rest of the room.
1 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2013
k
"Not worth it!"
From the pictures on the website, it looks ok but it is totally different from what the pictures showed. The bed was not clean, there was a long hair on the pillow, the blanket had stains and there was a hole on the comforter. Definitely I will not stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2013
"Decent hotel for the area."
The staff were friendly and accommodating. The hotel was decent for the area
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"Rude staff"
Kept on threatening to kick us out if we have any guest. Very nosey with poor people skills. Burn holes in the comforter . Stains on the floor, heater blows cold air and not hot. Thumbs down
Other trip Jun 14, 2013
kevin
The people who ran the hotel were so verynice and accommidating. The best personal service I received during my 5 days travels.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2013
"Poor management"
Very unfriendly manager!! Breakfast open 8am. He firmly closes office door and blocks entry til7:50am. He said "we don't open yet". He seemed so proud to provide 'Poor quality breakfast'.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"bathroom sink was clogged"
bathroom sink was clogged the following morning, we didn't use it except to brush our teeth the night before, the females were courteous and pleasant, the male was cold and distant the morning after reporting the problem with the sink
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
rick
"beds were filly next to bad neighborhood"
Im so embarresed that I stayed here. Beds were full of stsuns, room stunk like cigarette. Suppose to be a non smoking room. room.
1 night business trip May 25, 2013
gisele
"Got what we paid for"
Older motel that has had a recent cleanup...
1 night trip May 18, 2013
Hal
"Next to highway"
The hotel room interior is OK. But the location is its problem. The noise from the freeway was bothering me.
1 night trip May 18, 2013
Worst ever! High way noise all night long. Was woken up at 1am, asked to change room! Don't go!
Other trip May 13, 2013
xelllee
"Bad Service, Bad Breakfast, Decent room"
We got in late, around midnight, and we already had a reservation. The hotel manager made it clear that he was not happy that we woke him up, and he made me wait outside in the cold while he looked up the reservation (my boyfriend was parking). He told us we would not be right next to the freeway, but then put us in the room closest to the freeway. Our key didn't work, so it took us awhile to get in, again, waiting in the cold. The continental breakfast in the morning was a joke; there weren't even the crappy microwaved eggs you get at most places, just two types of cereal and some really awful coffee. The room itself wasn't bad (aside from the loud freeway noise). Anyhow, would not recommend, definitely not worth the money.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
Nina
"Place is a dump"
I get the whole you get what you pay for saying but this place takes the cake!
1 night trip Apr 1, 2013
"Stopped in Salinas"
Just a quick overnight in Salinas before heading down the coast along Hwy 1. This place was ok. A couple of sketchy women walking around very late to the back of the motel. We had did our laundry there on this premise. It was very hard to find a place to eat (11 p.m.) but we found a fast food drive-thru. Overall it was bad but I have stayed at better places.
1 night trip Mar 20, 2013
Bregitte
"great price"
This is my second time staying here and would recommend to friends and family. Great value it may not be a five star hotel but purfect for a place to stay
2 night trip Feb 22, 2013
mimi
"Next to the highway"
Cost was right, but the noise of the highway right outside the door disrupted an otherwise acceptable hotel room.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013