All hotels in Saanichton, British Columbia, Canada

2.5
    2.2
    2.6
"Standard super 8"
If you are looking for a place on the island with air conditioning, this is your place. But, it is a standard Motel 8 so do not go in expecting a five star hotel. But, it was clean, quiet, and has AC. The hotel staff was also very friendly. The internet is reliable as well.
3 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
"Grate Location near things to do.."
This warm, fully furnished It has a great location in a very nice 10 min drive to garden 15 min drive to Downtown and near BC Ferry
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Rikin
"Hotel in need of upgrade"
+ low cost +clean sheets +air con worked -grubby -dirty in places -ripped matress
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
toftscot
"Customer service???"
Started right out with an in your face manager! It never changed! We were to stay a week and left 2 days early being tired of their attitude!!
7 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
Katharina
"Accessible to most places we loved to visit"
Nice, free breakfast helps. Clean facility. Morning staff a little bit grouchy otherwise all is okay.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
angie
"worthy and wonderful."
I'll recommend this hotel to my friends!
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Yihsiu
"Road trip 2015"
The Hotel is old but it is ok. The price is very good. It is close to the ferry and at the airport.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Disgusting, Dirty"
One should avoid this hotel at all costs. It is worn out, dirty and it feels very unsafe.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"BOOKING GONE BAD !"
Somehow our booking was for May 14. We arrived at the hotel sat May 16 to find out the situation. The front desk clerk tried helping us work with expedia to only find out expedia want 72 hours to fix the problem or even deal with it ! I was in Victoria Canada for a busy 3 day weekend with hotels SOLD OUT ! The desk clerk John helped me get a room and paid for it himself out of his own pocket until Expedia and the hotel could fix the problem. ! Expedia/ Hotels.com and the Hotel Manager get a big 0 from me ! Even the hotel manager wanted to not deal with our problem and told the clerk to inform us they were booked. John had already told us they had 1 room left and he was going to help us book it anyway he could . John was shocked at the lack of empathy from his Manager as was I. THANK YOU JOHN for helping us !
1 night family trip May 14, 2015
Debora
"Get what you pay for"
Staff seemed less than impressed that booking was made through Expedia. Unwilling to provide receipt or customer service. Continental breakfast was substandard. If you just need a place to stay one night, it works. Building was quiet and there was good parking
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Stay away"
Old tube tv that had loud hum when on. A/C shook the wall and sounded like a train in the room. Carpets were filthy, a light did not work. Bathroom was disgusting and I felt dirtier when I left. I will never ever go there again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Just the basics"
This was just an overnight stay for us before taking the ferry to Vancouver. The hotel was not somewhere I would have wanted to stay at longer. We did get a good nights sleep but nothing more. The room was clean but facilities were older and nothing modern. The area around the hotel was less than stellar. The hotel staff are young and inexperienced.
2 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Near airport"
Generally dirty.
3 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
"dumpy looking but cheap"
I needed a place to stay in a pinch and they had availability with one of the lowest costs in the area. It was fine for a night.
Other trip May 19, 2014
lenny kravitz
"2014 vacation"
The hotel was in a great location close to airport. It's a old hotel but it good for a one night stay.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2014
Katherine
"Convenient to Airport"
Nice hotel for an overnight stay so you can be close to the airport and leave your car for when you get back, a very nice service.
1 night family trip Sep 7, 2013
"Old, dirty hotel"
Our room smelled terribly, carpet was dirty. Would not recommend to anybody.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
ok breakfast
1 night trip Sep 3, 2013
"Not recommended"
Commuting by public transportation to downtown Victoria is NOT convenient.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"No soap or shampoo?"
Even at a minimalist motel I expect a bar of soap and a bottle of shampoo. I got neither. The AC worked well. The in-room fridge was fine. We used the microwave.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2013
Wild Bill Tackytown
"Another Positive Challenging Experience"
We’d the misfortune of canceling and renewing a two night online reservation in a short moment but at a different location in Vancouver Is. and didn’t know the hotel had a choice of smoking and non-smoking rooms. Yes, we are non-smokers and my wife is physically disable and in a wheelchair. Thus, we failed to requests a suitable room that met our needs. During check in, we’re made aware the only available room was a smoking one and in the 2nd floor and no elevator. Then, we realized did not have the time to go around looking for another available hotel, late in the afternoon. So, we took the room and were easy to go up and down the stairs (two floors hotel). We’ve 15 yrs of experience with this kind of inconvenience. However, the most difficult time was; dealing with the residual cigarette stench that permeated the room and the saturated bedding spreads. The temporary solution was; turn on the bathroom air vent, open up the window and keep the air conditioner on for 48 hours. Amenities are the minimum, tv and coffee maker. We always carry a small ice cooler with dry ice to keep wife’s medication. Finally, this situation created a challenging opportunity to go around the island and see why everybody enjoys the Vancouver Is and its people. In two days, we enjoyed the Islanders’ friendly hospitality, were treaded royally & had a great adventure from the city of Victoria to the port of Nanaimo, from Sooke to Swartz Bay, the Saanich peninsula & its surroundings
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Gabriel
"Terrible!"
Dirty rooms and facility, bitey service, lame breakfast. Quiet location between Sidney and Victoria, but I don't recommend it!
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2013
Roadskipppertripper
"Close to Butchart Gardens"
Place is fine for an over night on the way to or from Butchart gardens. It is about thirty minutes north of Victoria and fifteen minutes by Butchart gardens. I recommend it as a jumping off spot for Butchart gardens but don't waste any additional time in this two star establishment.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Paol
"Not the best Super 8"
Ok, I've stayed on a lot of Super 8 Motels over the years, and this was probably the worst. That being said, the bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. The place was quiet. Would I stay there again? Only as a last resort.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Hotel in disrepair with many room items not working. Breakfast was horrible.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"internet is fast"
internet is fast, owner not friendly, but worker is nice.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
"convenient location"
Good economy hotel. Could use some updating? Very limited breakfast, small space.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Slightly run-down, but inexpensive"
The location, between Sidney and Victoria, is handy for various day trips. As accommodation is quite pricey on the Saanich Peninsula, it's a bargain. My room was quiet and the continental breakfast was fine.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
Gail

"Run down but liveable"
Cheap but old and rundown. Priced appropriately. Room was clean. Front desk NP
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2016
Phillip
There was no breakfast available and was not offered a coupon for local restaurants either
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
"First time in Victoria, a pleasant stay"
I had a good stay at this hotel. The plus for me was that it was affordable, it was near the airport, right next to food joints & gasoline stations, and with breakfast & parking.
4 night trip with friends Dec 8, 2015
Athena Marie
"Clean and comfortable"
Rooms were clean and comfortable and close to food
1 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
Willie
"Good budget motel for cheap nights sleep"
Old original motel, very worn out but clean with friendly staff.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2015
"Worth the money."
The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was worth the money.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Stanley
An older motel. But clean and the heel staff was friendly and helpful would stay there agsin
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Marlene
As a quick stop for early flight it was tolerable. Pull out couch had stains and not comfortable for sleeping. Phone cord was missing on receiver. Towels were crunchy. Lady at front seat was fabulous!
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
"Never again"
The room was absolutely filthy! We just had to stay one night luckily and I quickly went to sleep to forget that I had been there. Gross
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Carpets are disgusting. Walls have black all over. Bathroom decently clean.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
"Run down, very tired dirty hotel."
Room had bleeping smoke alarm, noisy bathroom fan with loud rattle so you could not have light on. Carpets were badly stained. Towels were clean
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
Betty
"Not great"
Room was dirty, food crumbs on carpet near bed. Walls were thin. Could hear activity in next room and above. Good wifi.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"Disappointing!"
Beds were uncomfortable. Sheets were not fitted so it exposed the mattress(gross) . Box spring was broken with stuffing coming out the side. Carpets throughout the hotel were stained. Rear security door was not locked. Bathtub was gross.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
"Needed a hotel close to wedding we were attending"
Very old, grungy hotel!! Dirty and lacking in many things. Have stayed at several Super 8 hotels in BC and AB and find they range from very poor to excellent. May be our last time trying any unknown Super 8.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
back door to hotel didn't lock. room and bathroom were dirty. carpet was gross. hotel was old
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"saanichton super 8"
no wifi when we checked in. No fridge old style TV. Breakfast was toast and cereal. Was minutes away from Sidney. McDonalds across the parking lot.sa
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
we had the most terrible experience in this hotel. the beds are old and uncomfortable. the floor is dirty everywhere and the bathroom is old and yucky. the main point it is not cheap compare with the overall quality. hurry up to improve it otherwise it is going to kill " super 8" this brand name
1 night trip Aug 13, 2015
Daphne
"A reason it was the only hotel with any vacancy."
Drove into a parking lot surrounded by a 'makeshift' RV park with lots of questionable people around, the hotel is old, and has not been maintained at all, I don't think there was a clean carpet anywhere. The room was dusty, cigarette burns everywhere, including the bedding, the bathroom was filthy, left over urine stains around the toilet from previous guests, I don't know if the bathtubs colour was supposed to be streaked grey - but it was. No security, the back entrance did not lock, I'm glad I was on the second floor. I asked for a mini fridge for my room for my medications - was told I could put them in the fridge in the lobby that all guests had access too, or in the office fridge - not good. Would not stay again, would NOT recommend. Wish I would have read the reviews before booking...
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Tonya
"Dirty carpets"
The front desk staff were very helpful. The carpet in the halls was stained and dirty, in need of a vacuuming and a carpet cleaner. Rooms were dated but but thankfully clean.
1 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2015
Catherine
"Very Disappointed"
The room smelt bad and the bed looked like it was previously slept in and remade. When I went to the bathroom the toilet had dried pee on the back and down the side by the tub. Went and told front staff, he was pleasant changed us rooms and the second room was just as gross food on the carpet, coffee cups dirty, just filth. I was booked for two nights I checked out after the one night(loss money) and booked a room at Travelodge just down the road SUPER CLEAN! DO NOT STAY HERE unless you have no choice. I am not one to complain, I usually put up with rooms but this hotel is the worse for filth I have seen in many years.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"This hotel is a little bit disappointed"
The carpeting is very dirty. Spider webs are founded in lobby. One of the front desks was not nice. Air conditioning is noisy. The location is convenient. It has breakfast and there are a Macdonal,Tim Hortons and Gas stations just beside it. I don't want to refer this hotel to any of my friends.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Nice budget hotel."
If you are on a budget and your purpose is only Sleep and Go, then this hotel is for you. Why spend more money in a Hotel when you can spend it for something else. If you are too picky for your breakfast, then look for Grand buffet somewhere else or McDonalds is just a step away.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015