All hotels in Saanichton, British Columbia, Canada

2.9
    2.7
    2.4
    2.7

"Practical and clean - close to airport"
Came from gabriola - had to overnight in Victoria to catch a 6AM flight - worked well
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Very close to Schwartz Bay Ferry Terminal"
Everything we needed. Nice to have continental breakfast provided
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Constance
"Almost OK"
Some reviews of this establishment were overly critical. It was fine for a one night stay to facilitate an early departure from the airport. The far side of the building was quiet... don't know what the side next to the Mac's drive thru would be like.All aspects of the room were (very)worn, but it was clean (enough). No amount of regular housekeeping scrubbing would brighten the mineral stains in the bathroom. Face it - the place is in serious need of some TLC. Price was right. Location was right.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
SS Islander
"Nice hotel close to airport. Price was right"
We arrived late and left for an early morning flight. Unfortunatly we missed the free breakfast
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"It was a bed"
I found the day staff to be surly. I tried to get something to drink from the pop machine and they were all out of order. When I went to the front lobby I noticed they had the juice dispenser but when I tried to get a glass of juice I was abruptly told breakfast was over. I explained that I tried to get something from the machines, her surly remark was they're all out of order. This was all relayed in an extremely obnoxious manner.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
"Odd location!"
This hotel needs maintenance, one room had no air conditioning other had dripping taps and phone and coffee maker didn't work.breakfast was not the quality we usually see at super 8's (it was very, very limited). Entrance is behind MacDonalds so if you aren't paying attention you end up in drive through lane instead of in hotel parking lot.
2 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2014
Suepy
"Ok, if you are not picky!"
Hotel on end of life. Even if it is not that expensive, not a great value. I'm generous with an OK rank
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Hotel was ok"
You get what you pay for, hotel wasn't too bad , something's could be updated .
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Ann
"Super 8"
Not to happy with accommodations. Room smelled of pet urine and wasn't very clean.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"not impressed with 1970's decor."
Was very disappointed with pretty much everything. Continental breakfast was a joke, furniture was prehistoric and nasty and the neighborhood was a rundown trailer park or 5th wheel style hillbilly shacks. Didn't feel safe or comfortable what so ever !!! WILL NOT BE BACK !
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Dave and Ehonda
"Basic low cost no frills near airport"
This hotel is about what you would expect for the cost. Nothing fancy and a little outdated but functional. If you just plan to arrive sleep and leave the next morning, this hotel will meet your needs. If you are hoping for frills, or new perhaps look somewhere else.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Not recommended"
There were hair everywhere in the bathroom, window was dirty, dusty and dark.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Great over-nighter for air travel. Convenient to food and services. Sidney is a lovely town!
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Poor choice"
Needed a quick place near the airport. Should have read the existing reviews.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Old and tired!"
Everything was old and tired. Duct tape on curtains to hold to wall (trying to keep sunlight out?) Duct tape on a/c unit Hair drier did not work Had to leave light switch on or fridge would not work Carpet worn and walls needed paint Groovy back in the 80's,now...not so much.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
mr
"No frills hotel."
Provincial lacrosse championship were held in Victoria at peak summer tourist season. This was a place with the lowest rates and no frills. $89 a night for a place to sleep compared to $139 plus at other hotels. If your looking for a place to just sleep at then this is the place for you. They do have a continental breakfast from 6-9am, if that is not for you there is a McDonalds right next door or 10 min from the town of Sydney. The rooms are dated, but they are clean and the hotel is quite.They offer free wi-fi and parking. I would stay there again. I give them 3 out of 5 stars.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Metallidad
"Awful, awful, awful manager and facility."
This was the worse hotel experience of our lives. We made a mistake in the initial reservation and Expedia staff were wonderful. However, trying to deal with the Manager, both ourselves and Expedia staff were horrified at her rudeness and attitude towards us. In the end, we just left the hotel, although already paid for, because the "non-smoking rooms" were deplorable with the smell of tobacco. I have an extreme allergy and sensitivity to same. The manager was unwilling to help us out in any sense. She made rude comments and racist remarks. We ended up at another hotel and lo and behold, the front office clerk was from this hotel and quit because of this horrific manager. I am trying to find out who the owners are because they should be aware of who they have running the place.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"tired"
terrible mattress and old out dated TV and poor breakfast presentation
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"poor location and understaffed"
was told i needed to change my own lightbulb when desk lamp did not work. the new mercury lightbulb broke in my hands and when we complained, they did no compensation also room toilet ran for 1/2 hour after being flushed everytime...very annoying
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Comfortable and great stay.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Jamielyn
"Needs a major overhaul."
Old and dingy. Bathtub didn't drain. Noisy outside. The staff was not very accommodating and rude on occasion. Would NOT stay here again.
MB
"Convenient place"
It is convenient friendly place. Good customer service
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Dirty Room and linens"
The lobby stank as soon as you enter. The pillow covers were yellowed and dirty with hair. The walls could use a cleaning. The outside was not landscaped or maintained properly. Not upto Super8 standard at all like others i have visited. No WIFI information was provied at checkin, i had to call in to find out. The breakfast was removed at 9:30 in the morning.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2014
"Very bad old hotel. Stay away."
Old smelly dirty, need I say more? Not worth half the price.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
I was satisfied with my stay at this property. I found the staff frienly and efficient. Location is not so great. Not too much to see in the immediate vicinity, however, Sidney a few miles up the road is quite interesting. Hotel is fine for what you would expect from a Super 8.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"Grungy hotel with fabulous trailer park view..."
I booked a room with this hotel using the expedia app on my phone thinking that it was the one in Victoria... I quickly found out that I made a mistake and that I'd booked with the wrong hotel.. "oh well", I thought... "no big deal, I'll just stay there for the night." You couldn't pay me to stay there. If you ask me for my humble opinion... The place is a dump - it's right beside a ghetto trailer park. When I got there I tried to see if I could get a refund since it was only about 30 - 40 minutes after booking it but was given a lengthy run around. I ended up staying the night at the super 8 in Victoria... never got the refund but they can keep the money. I was afraid to park my car there over night. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone - It's an absolute dive. Super 8 is usually a safe bet for reasonably priced and fairly decent accommodation - I've stayed in other super 8 hotels and this one was the worst looking one I've seen... the fact that they didn't give me even part of my money back just goes to show what the management is like - What a joke. I wish I'd taken pictures of the place to show what it was like... and what the area was like.. yucky. If I may offer a bit of friendly advice..... STAY AWAY
Other trip May 25, 2014
mick
"It was OK clean it is in need of a facelift"
The reception was pleasant we found it quiet enough to sleep I would stay again for the price The hotel is older and could use some updating The breakfast was editable and it meet our expectations a place to sleep
Other trip May 20, 2014
"So convenient for airport travel"
Quick overnight stay to accommodate an outgoing flight. So convenient to pub and restaurants. All good!
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Near airport."
Discusting! Remove it from your list of hotels. Like a crack house.
1 night trip May 12, 2014
margot wood
"Convenience!"
Quick stay before flight Convenient to hotel and the price is right1 Many thanks.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the airport"
The staff was very helpful, lady helped us to rent a car. She phoned many places and finally found us a car, which helped us a lot, we did not miss our appointment.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Niina
"do not stay here...dump"
Ripped off...we were charged for parking "because we booked thru Hotels.com" Motel is old and outdated...stay across the street.
1 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
Dave Gervis
"Convenient location, outdated rooms"
Location is very close to the airport and ferry. Rooms are outdated and appear dirty even though they are clean. Price is on the higher side for such an outdated hotel. Staff was friendly.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
Parker Allen
"Chose this hotel for proximity to airport/price."
This hotel was fairly close to the international airport and the price was good. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was supposed to open at 6 a.m. but since my flight was at 7 a.m. and I was up at 5, food was put out earlier than 6 and I was allowed to eat before 6.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
Brenda
"Not your typical Super 8! Don't be fooled!"
I had paid for the rooms I booked in advance through Expedia otherwise I would have just turned around and walked out but it was non-refundable. Upon arrival the machine to leave a credit card deposit for incidentals didn't work so I gave the clerk 2 new $50 bills which he sealed in an envelope. When I left an envelope was opened and I got back 5 - $20 bills - not a big deal but curious. The safe in the room doesn't work. Carpets are old and dirty. I would suggest to wear shoes at all times. The furniture in the room looks like second hand store cast offs. The same thing for the lamps - odds and ends. The cloth recliner was one I would not sit on. The heater sounds like a plane about to take off but the room was freezing cold without it. The vacuum the house keeping staff was using had broken off buttons and sounded like it was on its last legs too. The bread for toast in the morning was dried out and the 4 liter jug of milk in the breakfast area had discounted price tags on it ( the big red ones that someone attempted to partially tear off) with a best before date of that day. I would never recommend anyone to stay in this hotel. I have stayed at many Super 8 hotels so I thought I knew what I was getting only to be very, very disappointed. Even the vending machines didn't work.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
Unhappy
"Good priced accommodation before flying out"
Very convenient before a flight out of Victoria International Airport - 6 minute drive. A little outdated and minimum services but room was comfortable and the WIFI worked. McDonald's next door for a quick bite, Pub nearby, and restaurant walking distance (highway walking overpass).
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
Front desk staff were very friendly which we appreciated
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Better hotels to stay then this one"
Last min booking due to a family personal issue and I have never seen a scary hotel like this one. It is so dark, no lights besides lamps and bathroom made it very dark and cause of it could not read or do any kind of work as 2 lamps was not enough to light the room. Pay extra and go to a different hotel i will never go there again
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Greg
"No wonder they never give refunds."
This was the dirtiest motel room I have ever seen.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
"Do not go."
The room was the worst hotel room I have ever staied in. Please issue me a refund.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"Just don't stay there"
Do yourself a favor and don't stay there. Better sleep in your car
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
"Low price, low value"
Low level hotel, minimal breakfast, ok for quick stay but would pay more for a nicer hotel
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
"Good Location"
This is a very basic hotel with a good location. Right next to macdonalds if you need food.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
Lynn
"Lower than Super 8 standards"
This visit was disappointing. The Super 8 does not seem to have had an update since they charged $8 for the rooms. They advised they would not provide Wyndham rewards because I had booked through Wyndham. Although they advertise breakfast, they are not overly happy about giving breakfast to those who need to leave earlier than when the breakfast is put out - nor will they provide it the night before so the customer can take it with them. There were stains on the carpets and the bathtub was very worn.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Disappointed
"A little out of the way."
It was good.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Atleo
"Saanichton Super 8, Victoria Airport"
This hotel has seen better days. It's rather dreary looking from the ouside, needs paint. Windows look cloudy. Our room was clean, as was the bathroom but the sink was cracked, the tub discoloured.One of the plug ins did not work so the clock was disabled. Although I had requested a 'dog room' the desk clerk had no idea about it. The price we paid was much higher than the advertised rate.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
Ellie
"Convenient location close to airport"
I arrived after midnight and needed an affordable place close to the airport.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"It was not at all like we expected."
We were two families in two separate double rooms. Both of us got rooms without refrigerator and microwave and when we requested the night manager or receptionist just kept on saying don't have any left and talk to my manager in the morning....she was not at all helpful although we adjusted without them the rooms were not even clean and they were smelling one toilet had even mold in it when we again went to complain she said I am not from housekeeping again she was not of any help we both had kids so were worried that they may get infection, she just said talk to my manager in the morning. It was a horrible stay overall somehow spent the night as we did not want to waste our money.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
"Dismal"
Sandwiched between McDonalds and trailer park. Room old and tired, hotel old and tired. It's near the airport, but that is it.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Jenn
"Fine for the price, but nothing fancy"
Perfect place to stay for 1 night if you have an early morning flight. Inexpensive and feels it, but that is all we needed as we arrived after 8pm and left before 7am. Everything is close including MacDonalds and Gas Station who share the parking lot. If you are looking for fancy don't stay here, but if you want an easy reasonable price hotel for a quick stop over this place works well.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013