All hotels in Saanichton, British Columbia, Canada

2.8
    2.7
    2.4
    2.6

"Rude morning staff and other annoyances"
As we were standing by the door of our room, suitcases in hand, making a final check of the room before leaving, a female staff member pounded on our door, shouting that we are to check out now. It was 10:45 am. I found this very rude, unprofessional and very unnecessary. Also, the beds were not made properly, the sheets were not tucked in so when the bedding was opened, the sheets bundled together exposing mattress; the toilet was not secured to floor properly causing it to rock when one sat down, the carpets looked un-vacuumed (kept shoes on); the room door didn't close properly, you had to push in the dead bolt before closing otherwise it would catch on the door jam, not allowing the door to close at all; and lastly, the shower didn't work. After a long flight and a late night check in, that was more than disappointing and in my view, unacceptable. The icing on the cake was the rude female staff member. She not only acted unprofessionally by banging on our door demanding check out but argued with me when I tried to tell her the shower in our room wasn't working. She told me that I was wrong, they fixed it yesterday. I tried to explain to her that it wasn't working and she wouldn't let me finish, just talked over me and told me I didn't know what I was talking about. She also refused to give me a receipt after using credit card. I was very frustrated and stressed out after my stay that this hotel.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
M
"affordable comfort"
There were some problems with lights not working - TV was an antique - but staff are friendly and helpful!
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Outdated but good value."
The hotel had tired old carpets, old TV's that weren't user friendly and no elevator to the second floor. The staff were friendly and helpful, the price was very cheap, the bed was comfortable, the location was handy to the airport and there was even an included breakfast.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Marilyn
"stay away from this Super 8"
Room looks like it was lived in with a big dog. heat did not work as all the filter are pluged
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Quite Unit"
nice and quiet, didn't hear the neighbors or the cars on the Highway.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Ron
"What a surprise"
Didnt expect such cleanliness & comfort from a "budget motel" no hesitation to rebook in future.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Short stay"
Average place to stay.
1 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
Harold
"Convenient place to stay for one night"
It was booked for a short period of time as it was convenient to the airport
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"quick stop,"
quick overnight.....a bit shabby, questionable carpet conditions.... room was real old style, nice clerk tho...its cheap...you get what you pay for.
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
Maxine
"Dirty hotel near the ferry"
This hotel is inexpensive and close to the ferry. The staff were helpful however the overall condition of the hotel is dirty and in need of a make over. i was unable to get into my first room since the door handle was broken. I was given another room which was ok but still dirty. Carpets throughout the hotel are filthy. Just because it's cheep doesn't meen it can't be looked after. Overall feeling was that I would not stay there again. Would prefer to spend a bit more for a lot more comfort.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
noel
"Been there done that"
I would rather spend 20 more dollars for a hotel room, than see duct tape holding up the shower curtain, being in a shower that doesn't drain and finding someone else's pair of socks left in the room .... No thanks
leah
"Not quite the Bates Motel, but getting close."
On a very cold night, the inroom heater blew cold air when set on heat. Bedspreads were stained. Pop machine was out of order. Check in staff scolded me for using your service to book the room.
3 night trip Nov 13, 2014
"Practical and clean - close to airport"
Came from gabriola - had to overnight in Victoria to catch a 6AM flight - worked well
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Very close to Schwartz Bay Ferry Terminal"
Everything we needed. Nice to have continental breakfast provided
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Constance
"Almost OK"
Some reviews of this establishment were overly critical. It was fine for a one night stay to facilitate an early departure from the airport. The far side of the building was quiet... don't know what the side next to the Mac's drive thru would be like.All aspects of the room were (very)worn, but it was clean (enough). No amount of regular housekeeping scrubbing would brighten the mineral stains in the bathroom. Face it - the place is in serious need of some TLC. Price was right. Location was right.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
SS Islander
"Nice hotel close to airport. Price was right"
We arrived late and left for an early morning flight. Unfortunatly we missed the free breakfast
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"It was a bed"
I found the day staff to be surly. I tried to get something to drink from the pop machine and they were all out of order. When I went to the front lobby I noticed they had the juice dispenser but when I tried to get a glass of juice I was abruptly told breakfast was over. I explained that I tried to get something from the machines, her surly remark was they're all out of order. This was all relayed in an extremely obnoxious manner.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
"Odd location!"
This hotel needs maintenance, one room had no air conditioning other had dripping taps and phone and coffee maker didn't work.breakfast was not the quality we usually see at super 8's (it was very, very limited). Entrance is behind MacDonalds so if you aren't paying attention you end up in drive through lane instead of in hotel parking lot.
2 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2014
Suepy
"Ok, if you are not picky!"
Hotel on end of life. Even if it is not that expensive, not a great value. I'm generous with an OK rank
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Hotel was ok"
You get what you pay for, hotel wasn't too bad , something's could be updated .
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Ann
"Super 8"
Not to happy with accommodations. Room smelled of pet urine and wasn't very clean.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"not impressed with 1970's decor."
Was very disappointed with pretty much everything. Continental breakfast was a joke, furniture was prehistoric and nasty and the neighborhood was a rundown trailer park or 5th wheel style hillbilly shacks. Didn't feel safe or comfortable what so ever !!! WILL NOT BE BACK !
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Dave and Ehonda
"Basic low cost no frills near airport"
This hotel is about what you would expect for the cost. Nothing fancy and a little outdated but functional. If you just plan to arrive sleep and leave the next morning, this hotel will meet your needs. If you are hoping for frills, or new perhaps look somewhere else.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Not recommended"
There were hair everywhere in the bathroom, window was dirty, dusty and dark.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Great over-nighter for air travel. Convenient to food and services. Sidney is a lovely town!
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Poor choice"
Needed a quick place near the airport. Should have read the existing reviews.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Old and tired!"
Everything was old and tired. Duct tape on curtains to hold to wall (trying to keep sunlight out?) Duct tape on a/c unit Hair drier did not work Had to leave light switch on or fridge would not work Carpet worn and walls needed paint Groovy back in the 80's,now...not so much.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
mr
"No frills hotel."
Provincial lacrosse championship were held in Victoria at peak summer tourist season. This was a place with the lowest rates and no frills. $89 a night for a place to sleep compared to $139 plus at other hotels. If your looking for a place to just sleep at then this is the place for you. They do have a continental breakfast from 6-9am, if that is not for you there is a McDonalds right next door or 10 min from the town of Sydney. The rooms are dated, but they are clean and the hotel is quite.They offer free wi-fi and parking. I would stay there again. I give them 3 out of 5 stars.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Metallidad
"Awful, awful, awful manager and facility."
This was the worse hotel experience of our lives. We made a mistake in the initial reservation and Expedia staff were wonderful. However, trying to deal with the Manager, both ourselves and Expedia staff were horrified at her rudeness and attitude towards us. In the end, we just left the hotel, although already paid for, because the "non-smoking rooms" were deplorable with the smell of tobacco. I have an extreme allergy and sensitivity to same. The manager was unwilling to help us out in any sense. She made rude comments and racist remarks. We ended up at another hotel and lo and behold, the front office clerk was from this hotel and quit because of this horrific manager. I am trying to find out who the owners are because they should be aware of who they have running the place.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"tired"
terrible mattress and old out dated TV and poor breakfast presentation
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"poor location and understaffed"
was told i needed to change my own lightbulb when desk lamp did not work. the new mercury lightbulb broke in my hands and when we complained, they did no compensation also room toilet ran for 1/2 hour after being flushed everytime...very annoying
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Comfortable and great stay.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Jamielyn
"disappointing"
the hotel room was dirty, bed had stains and found garbage and sex toys(vibvrator) under the bed it was disgusting and I toll the front desk at knight time and he didn't even clean or send any one to clean and we have to spend the night on that nasty room. next morning the manager said it was normal and things always happen in the hotels. not a good way to care for your guess. She still was charging me for full price and I hade to complain so then she gave me a discount. over all not a pleasant experience.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
R
"Needs a major overhaul."
Old and dingy. Bathtub didn't drain. Noisy outside. The staff was not very accommodating and rude on occasion. Would NOT stay here again.
MB
"Convenient place"
It is convenient friendly place. Good customer service
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Dirty Room and linens"
The lobby stank as soon as you enter. The pillow covers were yellowed and dirty with hair. The walls could use a cleaning. The outside was not landscaped or maintained properly. Not upto Super8 standard at all like others i have visited. No WIFI information was provied at checkin, i had to call in to find out. The breakfast was removed at 9:30 in the morning.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2014
"Very bad old hotel. Stay away."
Old smelly dirty, need I say more? Not worth half the price.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
I was satisfied with my stay at this property. I found the staff frienly and efficient. Location is not so great. Not too much to see in the immediate vicinity, however, Sidney a few miles up the road is quite interesting. Hotel is fine for what you would expect from a Super 8.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"Grungy hotel with fabulous trailer park view..."
I booked a room with this hotel using the expedia app on my phone thinking that it was the one in Victoria... I quickly found out that I made a mistake and that I'd booked with the wrong hotel.. "oh well", I thought... "no big deal, I'll just stay there for the night." You couldn't pay me to stay there. If you ask me for my humble opinion... The place is a dump - it's right beside a ghetto trailer park. When I got there I tried to see if I could get a refund since it was only about 30 - 40 minutes after booking it but was given a lengthy run around. I ended up staying the night at the super 8 in Victoria... never got the refund but they can keep the money. I was afraid to park my car there over night. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone - It's an absolute dive. Super 8 is usually a safe bet for reasonably priced and fairly decent accommodation - I've stayed in other super 8 hotels and this one was the worst looking one I've seen... the fact that they didn't give me even part of my money back just goes to show what the management is like - What a joke. I wish I'd taken pictures of the place to show what it was like... and what the area was like.. yucky. If I may offer a bit of friendly advice..... STAY AWAY
Other trip May 25, 2014
mick
"It was OK clean it is in need of a facelift"
The reception was pleasant we found it quiet enough to sleep I would stay again for the price The hotel is older and could use some updating The breakfast was editable and it meet our expectations a place to sleep
Other trip May 20, 2014
"So convenient for airport travel"
Quick overnight stay to accommodate an outgoing flight. So convenient to pub and restaurants. All good!
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Near airport."
Discusting! Remove it from your list of hotels. Like a crack house.
1 night trip May 12, 2014
margot wood
"Convenience!"
Quick stay before flight Convenient to hotel and the price is right1 Many thanks.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the airport"
The staff was very helpful, lady helped us to rent a car. She phoned many places and finally found us a car, which helped us a lot, we did not miss our appointment.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Niina
"Older & Shabby."
This is an older & somewhat shabby hotel that only had the bare essentials. Radio alarm did not work & no replacement was available. Only one chair in the room & unusable at the desk. Bath towels were the size of hand towels & there was no anti slip in the shower/bath & was very slippery it would have been very dangerous if my wife had been with me.
Other trip May 8, 2014
"do not stay here...dump"
Ripped off...we were charged for parking "because we booked thru Hotels.com" Motel is old and outdated...stay across the street.
1 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
Dave Gervis
"good overnight stay"
It is close to my usual destination, right price and very quiet. I was pleased with the cleanliness and the convenient parking. It is an ideal hotel for a frequent short term stay.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
El
"Convenient location, outdated rooms"
Location is very close to the airport and ferry. Rooms are outdated and appear dirty even though they are clean. Price is on the higher side for such an outdated hotel. Staff was friendly.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
Parker Allen
"Chose this hotel for proximity to airport/price."
This hotel was fairly close to the international airport and the price was good. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was supposed to open at 6 a.m. but since my flight was at 7 a.m. and I was up at 5, food was put out earlier than 6 and I was allowed to eat before 6.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
Brenda
"Not your typical Super 8! Don't be fooled!"
I had paid for the rooms I booked in advance through Expedia otherwise I would have just turned around and walked out but it was non-refundable. Upon arrival the machine to leave a credit card deposit for incidentals didn't work so I gave the clerk 2 new $50 bills which he sealed in an envelope. When I left an envelope was opened and I got back 5 - $20 bills - not a big deal but curious. The safe in the room doesn't work. Carpets are old and dirty. I would suggest to wear shoes at all times. The furniture in the room looks like second hand store cast offs. The same thing for the lamps - odds and ends. The cloth recliner was one I would not sit on. The heater sounds like a plane about to take off but the room was freezing cold without it. The vacuum the house keeping staff was using had broken off buttons and sounded like it was on its last legs too. The bread for toast in the morning was dried out and the 4 liter jug of milk in the breakfast area had discounted price tags on it ( the big red ones that someone attempted to partially tear off) with a best before date of that day. I would never recommend anyone to stay in this hotel. I have stayed at many Super 8 hotels so I thought I knew what I was getting only to be very, very disappointed. Even the vending machines didn't work.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014