All hotels in Cromwell, Connecticut, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1 Industrial Park Road, Cromwell, CT, 06416, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"GOOD FOR THE PRICE"
OKAY VALUE FOR THE PRICE....MANAGER KIND.....BREAKFAST NOT GOOD!
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"super eight Cromwell/ M We iddletown"
We returned for a second visit and confirmed the impression from the first. The people on the desk and employed by the hotel are highly competent and friendly. They answer questions and politely greet guests, creating a pleasant environment. Rooms are very clean and the breakfast is included. Not fancy, it meets all our needs and is a good place to stop.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Connie
"Clean and Inexpensive"
Got about what I paid for. Front desk was nice and the place was clean. Tub did not drain at all during a quick shower though.
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
JWMinCT
"Affordable & Perfect for What I Needed"
I stayed 3 nights as I was attending a class at the Crowne Plaza but wanted to save money on a room and avoid "Crowne Plaza prices". I needed a place that was quiet as well where I could study. My first night there was a bug by the window and since Im a girl who was alone and deathly afraid of insects I called the front desk who were quick to replace my room. Other than that my stay was great! The hotel is in a great location, plenty of parking, and room was clean. I like how there are cameras in the hallway for security. I was able to study at nights in a quiet environment. The drive to Crowne Plaza is less than 30 seconds and just an Fyi the Crowne has no parking
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
Renee
Special circumstance needed a room for a night.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
"surprisingly pleasant"
I had to deal with 2 days of water outage at my apartment complex, so went to a near-by hotel to shower. I walked in at 6:30am and was kindly allowed to check in right away and stay trough the next morning for the price of one night. I thought it was pretty generous. I have been in situations when i was charged for 2 nights under similar circumstances. The front desk staff was very nice, friendly, lobby was clean, though i did not eat anything. The first floor room was clean, smelled good (=no smell), bathroom was clean. I did not use the bed. Surprisingly nice towels. Overall, pleasant experience.
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2014
It was a nice hotel but it lacked some amenities, such as the room was old and worn. Also they used exstenion cords to plug in the lights and alarm clock. The bed was very comfortable though.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
Need to fix electrical switch in the bathroom (134)
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
We stayed here on our first visit to Wesleyan University which our grandson attends. Day desk manager Karen even made a copy of the menu of the restaurant which she and Joe thought would best meet our needs. Night manager Gary was also very helpful though the hour of our arrival was very late. I believe our room must have been redone very recently and the housekeeping staff were extremely pleasant the next morning. One is left with the impression that very good people are team members at Super 8 in Cromwell. Thank you.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Connie
"No frills but adequate"
Nice to have complimentary breakfast but would have appreciated healthier options such as fresh fruit.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"OK, Just Ok"
It's a Super 8. You get what you pay for. Basic room (no closet, but a rack for hanging clothes). Maid service spotty; bed sloppily made, without changing sheets. It seems teenagers like to hang in the dark parts of the parking lot on weekends, but other than looking menacing, they were harmless. Food in morning basic (waffle maker; packaged foods, and some yogurt). But for the location, it could be any semi-run down Super 8 in America. High point: desk folk competent and not surly. That in itself is unusual.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"Nice, reasonable hotel convenient to Wesleyan."
Our two-night stay was quite pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable. I thought the bed was a bit small, but my wife said it was a standard queen-size and was OK. The staff was very helpful. The breakfast was more than adequate.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Adequate"
Clean, but could smell smoke in entry/breakfast lounge and room smelled like strong scented cleaner / sprays. Some fixtures (tap, towel rack) were old with missing pieces, though still functional. Good location for through travel.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2013
Kenyadoc
"Alright if no other choice"
It was ok, the waffle station did not work prepare to get your own breakfast elsewhere. The check-in lady tried to insist me not to book via hotels.com but directly their website. She was not the most friendly. Rooms were ok you get what you pay.
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2013
Gina
"Great customer service"
I left an item in my room, which had actually fallen into the hallway outside my door upon checkout. I phoned the front desk staff who promptly tracked it down and placed it in the mail. I commend the hotel and management for hiring great staff, which made my trip that much more enjoyable.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2013
"Good place to stay"
Yes, this is an older motel that does not have large suites or room fridge/microwave combinations, but the hotel staff is fantastic and the rooms are clean and comfortable. If you are traveling for a short stay for any reason, this is a great place to stay.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Okay"
Overnight stay, nothing to add. This survey is annoying.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Ok for 1 night"
Even though I was in the non smoking wing, the room still smelled very stale. Suggest they try to air out rooms between visitors. Gal who was on morning duty was incredibly gracious and lovely.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2013
Missy
"A great Super 8"
This Super 8 is in good condition and friendly front desk.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
"Good clean room"
Room was clean and updated; hotel right off highway. Front desk was very responsive to our minor issue. Light breakfast options. Great for short stays.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2013
good value for the money
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
EST
Excellent Staff!!
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2013
"Could be better, could be worse"
Let me start by saying the hotel's staff were all friendly and accommodating. Other than that, the hotel is pretty old. I had a "non-smoking room" but I could still clearly see burn marks in the carpet. The room could have been slightly cleaner as there was a pile of crumbs on the floor and a used water bottle in the freezer. It might have been because my room was at the very edge of the hotel, but my wifi was pretty weak. Overall it was a cheap place to stay but there are other places nearby that are worth checking out.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2013
"Cigarette stink ...."
Floor we were on (3rd) stank from cigarettes as soon as you got off the elevator. The room was even worse. We slept with the windows open (it was 42 degrees outside) and the heat blasting. Not a good experience .....
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
the noise after 10pm was unacceptable even for a hotel.
2 night trip May 25, 2013
"Would return"
Very clean room, enjoyed my stay there. Very close to my destination and the service was awesome .
1 night business trip May 7, 2013
Room was adequate for overnight stay. They did not have the non-smoking single that I booked, so they put me in a room with two beds....fine. The facility is not new, but honestly manitained.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
"Meets Expectations"
A bare bone property-clean and well kept. Good for business travel, one night stays.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
"Very comfortable and friendly hotel!"
Very comfortable and friendly hotel! will come back someday!
Other trip Mar 29, 2013
lisa
"Home away from home"
As always best place for the $$$$ Staff as always very friendly and helpful. Cant beat the location. I do wish that they bring back breakfast muffins.. ( they have waffles and cereal but I like a muffin.. ) The room was clean. The hotel smelled clean.
2 night trip Mar 23, 2013
"good hotel for budget"
Good deal for the price. Not a luxurious hotel, but good for short stays
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
"Management goes above and beyond!"
I have stayed here before and gave a positive rating. This trip I have a different experience. I had to cancel at the last minute because the people I was scheduled to work with had their roof collapse in the blizzard that fell the weekend before my trip, so even though the room was pre-paid, and even though I was not contacted and asked to cancel until after 5 PM on the first night of my stay, the management here decided to give me a full refund. I will be rescheduling my trip here in March and will definitely stay here again, and want to say thanks for the kindness and professionalism of the management here. You guys rock!
Other trip Feb 24, 2013
"Clean, comfortable place to stay at a great price"
The staff was wonderful. This is a very convenient hotel right off the highway and close to many businesses. Because they were not full that evening, they gave me a king room instead of the queen I had paid for. The hotel is a bit outdated, and while the room and bathroom were clean overall, it showed up in the bed covers (that do not get cleaned often), the bath tub, and the toilet seat itself. Replacing these things a little more often would do wonders to make the guest feel more comfortable with the cleanliness of the room. Apart from those minor things, I will say that the hotel was a great deal for the price, and the people were wonderful and helpful, I will be back in the area for business next month and I will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 26, 2013
"More Than Adequate for the Price"
Looking for a clean, comfortable, reasonable place to stay while attending an event in the vicinity, I was perfectly satisfied with the Super 8. Check-in and check out were both quick and easy. Upon arrival, we were offered complimentary bottles of water and some cookies. I was able to park very near to an entrance close to my room. The beds were comfortable and there was plenty of hot water. The complimentary continental breakfast had sufficient offerings, including fresh make-them-yourself waffles. Having no need for fancy amenities, I was more than satisfied with the accommodations and would be happy to stay at the Super 8 again next year when I return for the same event.
2 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2013
B. Solomon
I thought the room needed some more furniture like another chair. Maybe a table instead of a desk would be better. I had to sit on the bed when we were hanging out for a bit. We stayed there for New Year's Eve because it was less than a mile from where we were spending the evening.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2012
"Clean and close to all the nearby attractions"
Nice room. Clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2012
"close to everything"
This is our swcond stay here at the Cromwell super 8 and we couldn't have been more pleased. The staff is extremley helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was nicely stocked . The hotel is conveinently near everything. The price of the room was very reasonable. We will definately stay at this hotel again. The continental breakfast is ok a little small but the food is nice and fresh would like to see a choice of egg and sausage but they do have make your own waffles
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2012
Marla
Couldn't wait to get out of the place.
1 night trip Nov 27, 2012
"Close to our Destination"
Nice accomodations for a terrific price. Clean and convenient for what we needed. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2012
"Very clean,great staff,excellent location"
Very clean,Front desk person was very helpful. This hotel is an excellent value.
2 night trip Nov 21, 2012
I didn't feel very comfortable at this hotel. Price was reasonable but you get what you pay for. Breakfast was adequate however the small eating area was overcowded and made it difficult to get to the food items. Hotel cleaning staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Half of the channels on the TV were not working.
2 night trip Nov 7, 2012
"Great stop in an emergency"
Surprise snow storm forced me to stay local for the night and Super-8 was very accommodating and a bargain for the price. The room was clean and ready, cookies on checking in and breakfast in the morning. I'll stay again if the need arrises.
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2012
Bob L
"Not bad typical super 8"
King room was very small but clean. The website had 1:00 as check in time. We arrived at 2:30 and had to wait for a room. They need to fix this. Although it wasn't a long wait it would have been if we arrived at 1:00. The man at the desk was rude and advised us that check in is at 3:00. Quite a few seedy characters in there however we did find a good sports bar/restaurant called Chicago Sam's. Very good food.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2012
"Value"
Average hotel but excellent for the cost
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2012
"Convenient and reasonable"
Considering the situation I was in - no power at home from storm - all in all it was a nice stay.
2 night trip Nov 2, 2012
Had to stay here because of Hurricane Sandy. Reserved a non smoking room and when I arrived I was told they had no non smoking rooms. The room smelled so bad it stuck to my clothing. Apparently they allowed dogs. By the second night I checked out at 4am due to a dog in the motel barking half the night. Otherwise the rooms were half decent. You get what you pay for
Business trip Nov 6, 2012
"close to where we needed to be"
Hotel room was okay. Bed was fairly comfortable. Check-in was easy. Nice breakfast. Lots of noise in the halls and outside while we were trying to sleep.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2012
"Hurricane Sandy Evacuation Stay"
Very impressed. Needed to find a place after 5 days of no power & no heat. Needed to travel an hour east of home. I was given bottled water and three cookkies at check in -- a pleasant surprise. Room was warm, comfortable, hot shower, and free continental breakfast.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2012
Steve N
"Cheap, no-frills, but gets the job done"
We needed a cheap place to stay near Middletown for Wesleyan homecoming. This Super8 was very conveniently located...it's not far from Middletown, and literally right off the highway exit with several fast-food dining options and gas stations right next door. The price was the cheapest, too. But yeah, it's a Super8. The bed wasn't terribly comfortable. The heater/AC air filter was clogged with a lot of dust (fortunately easy to wash out in the sink, but why am *I* doing that?). The outlets were bizarre - the bottom plug of each jack was on the wall switch by the room's door, which someone had left the power strip (and the TV) on them and thus my phone didn't charge overnight. TV itself was pretty old but I've seen worse channel lineups. Shower was a little old but the water was plenty hot, so no real complaints there. The exterior side door didn't seem to lock, which is a little unnerving but there weren't any problems. Bottom line: if you need a cheap place to stay that's very no-frills, this Super8 will fit the bill...just don't expect the Ritz.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2012
Room clean and well kept. Every one we had contact with was helpful, and considerate. Easy off and on the highway though in a busy area. More than adequate breakfast room though a little small on a busy morning.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2012