All hotels in Elgin, Illinois, United States of America
435 Airport Rd, Elgin, IL, 60123, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"okay; poor breakfast"
was okay but the breakfast was not very good.
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Not awful, not great, okay for the money"
Stopped for just a few hours to sleep on our trip through the area. Clean hotel though heavy smell of cigarette smoke at entrance. Biggest complaint is the heating/a.c. unit in the room didn't have just a "fan" mode and the soundproofing was nonexistent so we heard everything and everyone in the hallways and outside the hotel.
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"Decent place, typical Hampton."
Hampton Inns are always nice but this one may have fall a hair short. It may be that it’s just older. The pool was closed at this time. Great breakfast but limited seating. Service was quite good, especially in the breakfast area. It’s a very quiet area, so sleep was no problem. Easy access from the freeway, plenty of parking and there a Bennigans a short walk away, which was great. There’s a park on the Fox river about a ½ mile down the road. Nice walk if it’s light. Has one of the nicer workout areas. There are two hotels, more or less next door, one is definitely nicer and one is definitely not as nice so you can judge the prices and choose your place.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
ALAN
It was ok.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"bowling tournament fot my daughter"
Nice place to stay for a week would stay again very clean
6 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Good enough."
Friendly people, and adequate room.
1 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
"Smelled like cigarettes!"
Our non-smoking room wreaked of cigarettes. I could not connect to the WIFI, but could connect to the Holiday Inn's, that was adjacent to our hotel. The only fruit at the continental breakfast buffet was mealy apples. Light came in the room from the hallway and from the amply lit parking lot. I could hear all noise from the hall and adjacent rooms.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Sue
"You get what you pay for!"
This Super 8 was typical of this chain. Everything worked, housekeeping had things clean, and front desk was friendly. It's an economy hotel and you get what you pay for. If you want luxurious accomodations then this hotel is not for you. One big problem is that since it is a cheap hotel you can get local youing people that are only there for a party! We had to deal with drunks slamming doors until almost 5 in the morning!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Grandparents
"Very nice but couldn't get internet"
The hotel was clean and the staff was helpful, but we stayed in a room at the end of the hall upstairs and the Internet didn't reach us. Ask for a room close to the office.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Cathy
"Easy to get too."
Friendly staff, very helpful, everyone from front desk to house keeping!
gary
"NICE HOTEL. CLOSE TO ON/OFF RAMP TO THE INTERSTATE"
THE ROOM WAS CLEAN AND THE STAFF WAS PROFESSIONAL.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
"GOOD, BUT NOT GREAT"
The price was outstanding (payed around $50.00 for one night) and it was in a great location. Overall, it was better than I expected except for one thing. The thermostat would not allow guests to control the room tempature. I woke up twice in the night because the tempature was so uncomfortable. Had I been fully awake, I probably would have contacted the front desk. In the morning, I took a closer look and found a sign posted near the unit that said room tempatures were regulated by the hotel.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
AJ
Room was clean but needs updated, Service was rude when we requested more towels and shampoo, the complimentary coffee was never kept up, if you plan on having breakfast don't be a minute late ( they shut the waffle maker off on my 12 year old son at 9:02 and wouldn't let him eat anything)
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
kevin
Probably wouldn't stay there again .
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Renovating but very good svc"
They were renovating while I stayed here. However, the staff was very friendly and professional, and this did not inconvenience me. Had a problem with a loud room next to me, and the manager was on it immediately. I would stay again.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Ray
"Great stay for a great price"
Always use this hotel when in ORD on business.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Easily Acccessable"
Check-in was quick and easy. Room was ready and easily accessed
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Stan
"A pleasant stay"
Checked into a nice clean and pleasant looking room. An ideal motel for traveling to friends house and back.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Jack
Room was very clean very nice people
3 night trip Jul 25, 2014
JC
"Nice Hotel,"
My stay was good. But I thought the beds were a little stiff for my tate.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
This hotel was great! It was nice to getaway for a night and relax somewhere inexpensive with no worries about the hotel looking or being "cheap".
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2014
Caitlin
Overall, very nice. Very comfortable and clean. My only complaint is that breakfast ended too early for us to enjoy it.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"A real find"
A quiet no nonsense inexpensive place in an office park. Good for resting up before tackling the Chicago area.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Great value for money.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Joanne
"Nice place, would come back"
It was convenient and completely sufficient for our needs. We will be planning another trip to the area and have already decided to use the same hotel.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
"Close to work"
Snow storm hit that evening and I didn't want my son driving an hour back home in it , lucky for us this Super 8 was only minutes away from his work. Thanks !
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Male
"Fine for my needs"
For the price I paid, the room was fine. It was clean, quiet, comfortable, and I felt safe. I did not eat the free breakfast, so can't comment on that. I could smell faint old cigarette smoke in my "non smoking" room . Overall, the room was in a great location for what I needed, and have no complaints. I would stay there again.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Sue
"Price is too high for what u get."
Dingy hotel with rooms with too much old furniture.so called breakfast was over at 8am nothing in ur room tells you that either.Price is just too high! Red Roof and Motel 6 is $20 less and more modern and better customer service,just wasn't any of those in that area or else they would have been our choice.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
daexport
"Ok budget hotel."
THe neighbors upstairs were a bit noisy. The Internet terminal in the lobby was most welcome but did have some malfunctions. The breakfast is okay, not great.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
"price is right"
We were very pleased with our stay at this Super8. It was very clean, friendly and yet affordable. Having a frig and microwave was a nice touch.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2013
Randy
"nice place to stay"
I love it
2 night business trip Nov 16, 2012
Ewa
overall i was satisfied with the hotel. i just say do a complete check in your room. the only thing i did not like was the cigarette burn in the blanket on the bed.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2012
happy truck driver
Very comfortable, clean room. Liked how quiet it was.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2012
Horrible room. Dirty, bed was all wires and impossible to sleep.
3 night trip Oct 16, 2012
"Clean Rooms"
Stayed 3 nights while in Chicago for Ryder Cup. Rooms were very clean - no musty smells or anything. Great price through hotels.com. Good location, right off the interstate and close to everything we were doing. Only complaint would be the breakfast selection - very bland and basic, but expectations for that weren't great anyway. Dunkin Donuts was right across the street.
Trip with friends Oct 2, 2012

"Boa"
Foi satisfatória! Bom café da manhã!
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
BR
"Um bom hotel."
Recepcionista noturno pouco amistoso.
6 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
1 night trip Sep 11, 2013
1 night trip Jul 28, 2013
Other trip Oct 7, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Super 8 Elgin

"the comp. breakfast was lame. Would have liked to see some..."
08/28/15 B4225CNjamesw Sedalia, Colorado
the comp. breakfast was lame. Would have liked to see some hard boiled eggs or something with eggs besides just waffles or sugar coated cereal. Like i said the counter help was very nice and the rooms were very clean. Would recommend this place to others
"Good Place at a Good Price"
08/26/15 lendmans Homesteaed
I've stayed at the Super 8 Elgin many times. It's my first choice whenever I'm visiting family in the area. It's a comfortable hotel run by pleasant people.
"Still Shocked"
08/24/15 Trish R Oswego, Illinois
I have never had to write a review like this, but here it goes. We were booked to stay at the Super 8 Motel on Saturday, August 22, 2015. Initially, we did not plan on staying there but due to a mold issue at another local hotel, we thought that since Motel 8 was a well-known brand, we would be in good shape. Besides, we have stayed at many Super 8 motels in the past, with no problem ever. Check in was wonderful and the clerk was kind and helpful, he even assisted in suggesting some local eateries. We were not out of state guests, but home was nearly an hour away from Elgin, so since we had tickets to a concert, we knew we would be fairly tired afterwards, so we were willing to book a room. There were 5 of us, so my husband and I were booked in room 106, and the rest of my family, was in room 112. We got back to our hotel at 12:15 or so, and after we all decided to order a pizza, I went down to our room, 106, to get ready for bed before the pizza came. When I walked into our room, I knew that there was a small problem. The air conditioning was not working as it should have been. Our room was sticky and warmer than it should have been. I stopped by 112 to let my husband know that I was going to talk to the front desk clerk about this and go from there. The man behind the counter said he needed to come down with me to the room to check it out for himself. We walked down to the room and it started. He found it necessary to let me know that "you have the key in backwards". I brushed it off and then opened the room so that he could check the air conditioning unit. He looked at the dials, put his hands in front of the vent and said, "no, this is blowing cold air, it is working fine". Twice now. I talk a deep breath and say, "ok, now lets walk down to my sister-in-laws room, that air is not working correctly". We walked into room 112, and you could immediately tell the difference. One of the guys said, "hey, can they maybe get room 114??" and the clerk, raised his voice and said "you have asked for that room 6 times now!" "stop asking, you know what, I am not dealing with you all drunks, you need to go". Silence. We could not believe what we were hearing. We were not rude, not loud, courteous and showed the clerk respect. Kathy, my-sister-in-law, asked if they were going to be refunded for the rooms, and he said yes. They went back to the front desk together and Kathy Patterson (sister-in-law) tried to reason with him, to ask why he was kicking us out, and to let him know that she was not even drinking. (After he insulted all of us by calling us drunks) We grabbed our overnight bags, collected out things, and left just a quietly as we came in. I simply cannot believe the way that he spoke to us, and I cannot believe that we were asked to leave the motel. Never, Never, Never, will our family darken Super 8's door again. I have been in customer service and dealing with the public for 35 years and this gentleman who was there that night, is in the wrong business. It seems like the owner is really trying to fix up the building and the facilities were very neat and clean, but be warned, your night desk clerk, has no clue what customer service is. Geez, all he had to do was apologize and maybe offer a fan, and that would have meant a lot. I am still shocked.
"Perfectly fine option"
08/15/15 Kenneth C
It's clean and comfy like most any Super 8, and it's convenient off the tollway (although quite a ways from downtown Chicago). Two minor quibbles: I wish the breakfast room was open later than 9 a.m., and the soda machine needs to sell some diet soda! But I slept great and was happy with my stay overall.
"Business Trip"
08/13/15 834darrellt Dallas, Texas
Perfect room for my needs, had an excellent working fridge and microwave, work station. Cleaning service was excellent as well. My only concerns were the many questionable characters coming in and out of the property causing me to be more aware of my safety and security of my vehicle. Police were on the property doing a sweep of the property as I was, packing and preparing to leave at 2 AM the day of departure. Some residents had obviously called for police help. However, I was so pleased that management gave me a 1st floor room at my request. Great stay.
"Bad experience"
08/12/15 tristynk Gilberts, illinois
The man at the front desk was extremely rude, he kept telling me that I booked my room wrong, and then proceeded to give my room number to me, and all three people behind me as well. I certainly will not be returning to this location. Having said that, I used to work at a hotel and I know for a fact that relaying the room number out loud to a customer is an unsafe practice and is not in the best interest for the hotel.
"Convenient Access, Nice location, basic"
07/27/15 BCNDWorld minneapolis
Nestled between two nicer hotels this is the cheaper option by far, but of course you get what you pay for. The breakfast was typical lower end waffles, cereal, etc. The place is a little stark and “minimal” to say the least. No workout area, pool, etc. It’s a decent place at the lower end of the Elgin price scale. No hotels are very cheap in Elgin. There are two nicer hotels next door, and having moved from one to this hotel it was definitely a step down. (I was never good at calendars so oops, no place to stay on the last day) It’s 20-30 bucks less, but if you aren’t paying the bill, go elsewhere, otherwise if you are into “back to very basic”, you’ll be fine here. There is a Bennigans next door so that’s handy. The area is relatively quiet, safe, and easy to get to from the freeway. If it was my money, I’d stay here and spend the savings on a wild time at Bennigans, which obviously wouldn’t be very wild given it’s a Bennigans!
"The New Elgin"
07/24/15 Susan W Terrell, Texas
Hotel was outstanding. Everyone greeted my bulldog and enjoyed him. When they were ready to clean the room, they let us know so that we could leave with him and while we were gone they were in and out. Will consider staying here in 5 years on our next trip there. Needs more seating area for Breakfast.
"Good night's sleep"
07/20/15 lauri5 Irvine
Our family of 4 stayed one night here on our way to a family wedding. The motel was clean, the bed comfortable, and everything in working order.
07/20/15 Amanda B Atlanta, Georgia
The room was clean and comfortable, easy to get to. The walls were a bit thin, but not awful. There wasn't much breakfast to speak of.