All hotels in Tempe, Arizona, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1020 E Apache Blvd, Tempe, AZ, 85281, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Wide walkways, good parking areas, well lit."
Pete's fish and chips is right across the street. Quiet nights sleep. The safety lock was missing which is something I don't like and the toilet was not clean enough, the maid seemed to have missed some spots.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"good"
quality. stayed here before. stay here again
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us and look forward to seeing you again very soon.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2014
"Functional"
Its a small, 1 story, throw back hotel to the 90s. And I don't mean an ironic throw back. It was there when I went to school at ASU and it hasn't changed in 20 years. But its a perfectly functional, short stay hotel. Its clean, courteous, quiet. its near the light rail and just off ASU campus. Perfect for travelers like myself.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Tom-AZ
The location is very closed to ASU
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that our location was convenient for you. We hope to see you again very soon.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Zhifei
"ASU Family Weekend"
Sewer smell in bathroom from shower drain was only real uncomfortable part of the stay
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you were generally happy with your stay. We will definitely take a look at the issue you mentioned and hope to see you again on your next visit to ASU.
3 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
Doug
Walking distance to campus and a clean and comfortable room. I'll be back if the price stays right
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Great two night stay."
Stayed at the hotel for two nights after attending the Redskins @ Cardinals game. I booked this hotel because I have stayed here before and I'm somewhat familiar with the area. The room was a great price and the room was clean. The hotel is fairly close to the airport and walking distance to the light rail station. I would definitely book here again.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your return visit to our hotel and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Tempe.
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
Stanley
"Nice price for being so close to ASU."
Always a good time in this area ! Lots of things to do ! And Mill st is always a lot of fun.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
steve
"Quick, Budget Minded Weekend!"
Reserving the Super 8, I knew I would not have a luxury experience, but that's not what I was looking for. I needed a place to stay, close to ASU campus. Checking in with Randy seemed to be smooth. He made an error and confused my name for another guest's and gave me her reservation and when she checked in, there was confusion so I had to go back to the front desk so he could sort it out. That took awhile, with no apology, and I was trying to leave to get to campus to meet my son. Sorting this problem out took a while. He would be wise to use a little humility when dealing with the public; he's not a people nor customer service person at all. The room itself was clean yet a little on the dim and dingy side. The air conditioner was the most important appliance and it worked great! Our room stayed cool and I appreciated that while the unit ran all night, it didn't switch on and off; it just ran. The room was perfectly cool and comfortable. The beds, pillows, and sheets were great. No complaints at all. The bathroom is poorly lit but the shower was decent. I got what I paid for; no frills, no fluff, no luxury but a decent place to stay. Another plus is there is both a fridge and microwave in the room. Nice touch and very useful!
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
SmithFamFour
"Ucla vs asu"
Asu crowd were rude. Just beware of your surrounding. Good hotel!
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review! While it seems you may have had some issues with ASU fans while at the game, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Tempe!
1 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Close to ASU"
Convenient location (walking distance to ASU), clean, and very affordable. Recommend highly if you're on a budget.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
ASU parent
"good budget hotel at ASU"
very nice place to stay within a 5 minute walk of the Dorsey Light Rail station. In the middle of ASU there are lots of places to eat. Pizza Place, McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Circle K around the corner.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Si
"Convenience"
It was ok. It was convenient and close to where I needed to be. If you're just looking for a place to sleep its ok.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Tehani
"Very Poor Experience"
I sent my employee to Tempe for corporate training. He returned and told me how awful the stay had been. The room smelled of mold. The air conditioning fan unit was so loud, he told me, it was like trying to sleep in the seat next to the wing of an airplane. The walls were so thin that he could hear every noise in the street outside. The towels were not clean. The front desk attendant was rude and would not allow him to use the desk courtesy phone to place a call to the Enterprise Rent-A-Car for pick-up. I GUARANTEE YOU THAT SHOULD I SEND ANOTHER EMPLOYEE TO TRAIN IN TEMPE, AZ I WILL NOT RESERVE A ROOM FOR HIM AT THE TEMPLE SUPER 8.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for the comments regarding your employee's recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that he did not have a good experience here. We aim to provide exceptional service, so I am personally upset that we fell short on this stay. I will look into these matters immediately and alert our staff to your comments. We hope you decide to give us another opportunity in the future as I am sure we could provide your employee with a better experience.
4 night trip Aug 24, 2014
RYAN BAGGETT
"1 block from ASU's Barrett Honors College"
I stayed here when I brought my son back to college for his junior year. He attends ASU's Barrett Honors College and Super 8 is one block from the Barrett campus - VERY convenient! While this is an older motel, it was clean, well maintained, and quite inexpensive. The breakfast was basic but adequate. We've stayed at other hotels in past years (Days Inn was not clean or well-maintained; Four Points while even closer is more expensive and not necessarily better). Super 8 will be our go-to lodging in the future.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for the review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and sincerely appreciate your comments. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Tempe!
3 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Mary M.
"Very Dirty Room"
The room was disgusting , very dirty, grey towels, dirty sheets, pillows smelled like old sweat. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful but the room was third world like. Me and my wife ate the room cost and left to get better accomadations
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am very disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. We will immediately look into the items you addressed and take corrective measures. We hope you give us another opportunity on your next visit to Tempe, as I am sure we can provide you with a better experience.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2014
GFA
"Okay"
This hotel was ok. The staff were friendly. The outside was well kept. The pool and the hot tub was great. The condition of the rooms were old and the floor was so dirty that you has to wear sandals or your feet were black in a manner of a few steps.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for providing a review regarding your recent stay with us. While we are happy to hear that you were generally pleased with your stay, we apologize for the issue you encountered with the carpet in your room. We will definitely look into this and make sure the matter is corrected. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Tempe.
5 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Good locatin"
Room cleanses was so bad. Capet was so bad and nasty.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues you had with the carpet. We are continually shampooing our carpets to try to alleviate this issue; however, the dust that gets tracked in from our parking lot sometimes make things difficult. We hope you give us another opportunity on your next visit to Tempe.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Saj
Overall good experience would recommend to others, very friendly staff and very comfortable rooms
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"A review after staying for 5days"
It was my first time in U.S, so I was worried about everything in U.S and even suffered from jet-lag. But I stayed at Super 8 Tempe comfortably for 5 days! Though it is not that luxurious, it has a cozy restroom, a big-size-bed, and free wifi.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"value for price"
for the price it was a good deal. I had no problems and the management was courteous. occasion was a plus.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Tempe.
5 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
jose
"Budget stay"
I have stayed at this Super 8 multiple times and it has always met my $ / night expectations. On this trip, the first room I was given had some cleanliness issues - hair in the shower and sink and numerous dead bugs on the floor of the bathroom. However, I must say: 1. This has never happened in at least 5 other stays here. 2. as soon as I mentioned it to the front desk, they apologized profusely and moved me into another room with no hassle. If you have 5 star expectations at 2-3 star prices, then you are delusional. I happen to think this is a pretty solid stay at this price and the staff is always great.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for submitting a review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues you encountered upon your arrival but am happy to hear that we were able to resolve the issues for your. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Tempe.
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
"best vacation ever"
great time at the super 8 motel it Tempe. a short walk to campus and to the light rail..transportation without a car was easy and accessible. Randy at the front desk was very helpful and very kind. would reccomend to anyone and will probably come back in the future!
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I personally appreciate your comments regarding Randy, as he is definitely a valued member of our staff. We hope you to see you again very soon!
3 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Convenient"
The only real complaint I had was the carpets were really dirty. Had to wash my feet before I got into bed after going barefoot in the room. A rug shampoo once in a while would be a good idea.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the carpet. Please note that we are continually shampooing the carpets; however, dust that gets tracked in from the parking lot can make it a difficult task at times. We hope you decide to give us another opportunity on your next visit to Tempe.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2014
Michael G
the breakfast was dismal, with little apparent selection and it had not been replenished by 7:15 a.m.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Room clean except for FILTHY carpet"
I'd have given this hotel a much higher rating in the cleanliness department if it weren't for the carpet in my room. It was truly disgusting. There was a black trail of dirt that people have tracked in from outside. I didn't want to touch the floor with my bare feet. Other than that, the room was clean, well maintained and it was super easy to get to. There were all sorts of restaurants close to the hotel, as well, which made getting food uncomplicated.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for writing a detailed review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the carpet. We are continuously shampooing the carpets, so I am disappointed to hear about the problems that you encountered. However, I am very happy to see that you generally enjoyed the rest of your stay, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Tempe.
5 night trip Jun 4, 2014
Kerry
"Ya get whatcha pay for"
The hotel is quite old although they have refurbished it. They really have tried and I feel that the staff did their best but there were a couple of things that we didn't like: There was old drywall chalk on the floor of the bathroom behind the door with several hairs on it. Yuck. I did find a little bug in my bed....good thing I don't creep out easily. The worst was the smell. Not sure what to call it or how it can be removed from the room.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
Danelle
"overall"
i thought it was easy and great but the carpet was really dirty and black. it needs to be cleaned. We never complained but when we walked barefoot, our feet would be black and
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to see that you generally enjoyed your stay, but are disappointed to hear about your comments regarding the carpet. We will definitely look into this and address the situation. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Tempe.
5 night trip Jun 7, 2014
yaya
"Good Value close to ASU"
I didn't have a car in Tempe and needed to tour ASU's campus. It was right next to ASU so it was a short walk. It was also a short walk to the light rail station which was able to take me to Mill Ave to restaurants and bars and also to Phoenix. It was cheap and the facilities and room wasn't as nice as other hotels but for the price it was a very good value. I don't need a brand new flat screen tv in my hotel room since I was there to explore the Tempe/Phoenix area so it wasn't a big deal that it was just an older tube television.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Ethan
The bed was very comfortable & the breakfast was adequate. The hotel was very close to the light rail, just a couple of blocks away.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Tempe.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Kristi
It was ok. Staff at night very nice in the morning grumpy.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Hotel staff liked shopping online instead of work"
This was a nice hotel with a decent simple continental breakfast. I would stay here again. However the hotel staff was sitting at the public computer shopping online rather than attending to her job. The breakfast was running low on items while she shopped away. Other than that it was nice. The pool was also nice.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Close to Barrett's Honors College"
I stayed there 4 years ago when I dropped by son off to Barrett, and now 4 years later staying here to attend his graduation, good to see that they have keep up and maintain the hotel.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us again. We hope to see on your next visit to ASU!
1 night trip May 12, 2014
Had to ask for trash can that was missing, carpet needs to be extracted/shampooed very bad. Personnel was fine and service was fine.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for submitting a review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and will definitely look into and address the issue you mentioned. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Tempe.
7 night trip May 2, 2014
Too noisy
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for submitting a review regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the issues encountered during your stay. These types of issues are not typical of our hotel, and we hope you decide to give us another opportunity on your next visit to Tempe.
1 night business trip May 7, 2014
A loud party was going on to distract from sleep before 10 PM . It is near the campus.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your comments. For future visits, please feel free to contact the front desk, and we will do everything in our power to curtail noise issues. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Tempe.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
S Boyd
"Good value free breakfast free wifi"
You get what you pay for. Room was clean, staff was nice, pool, free breakfast , free wifi. Good price. Will stay again next time I'm In town
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Tempe!
4 night business trip Apr 25, 2014
Carlos
"Anonymous"
A good place to be totally anonymous. Breakfast? Don't bother. The place is sort of convenient to the university, but you really need a car.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
traveler
"Disgusting 8"
We made a last minute reservation and were in town for a campus visit for our son. The experience started poorly and went downhill from there. The front desk clerk was rude, he was watching video on his phone and didnt help us until it ended and never said a word to us except "ID and Credit Card" until he gave us our keys and then it was just the room number. We got to the room and the carpet was disgusting, there was no TV remote, the pillows were about a square foot in size, and the TV from 1982 did not have a clear picture or even face both beds. THE ROOM LOOKED NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURES!!!!!!! My son has decided to attend ASU, and I can assure you I will never stay at this Super 8 or any other Super 8 in tue U.S.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for submitting a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am very disappointed to read your comments and will definitely follow up with our staff to discuss the issues you pointed out. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future as I am sure that we can provide you with a much better experience.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
"supplie"
hotel was good, need an iron and iron board in the room, some extra stuff for breakfast, more fruit and some juice.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please note that we do have irons and ironing boards available in our office. Also, our breakfast does include apples as well as apple juice and orange juice among various other items. We certainly hope you decide to stay with us again on your next visit to Tempe.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
salamo togia fiso
"Excellent! Room clean and comfortable."
Awesome jacuzzi and pool area. Quiet rooms. No problems at all! Have stayed here before and will again.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
bella
"As Expected..."
The motel is very close to ASU. The room was larger than average. The free breakfast was descent (waffles, cereal, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, juice, etc.). Overall, good value...
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Very close to ASU. Close to late night dining."
The hotel has a convenient location. Staff is very helpful and the breakfast is plentiful and assorted. Rooms are very clean and spacious. Tons of parking. Late night dining is available nearby which is great for when you arrive late at night after lots of driving.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Juan
"Close to ASU and many attractions"
The staff was great and the free breakfast. The beds were not comfortable and linens old but were clean. Would stay again simply for the location and friendliness of the staff.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. While I am disappointed to hear that you did not find our beds to be comfortable, I am very happy to hear that the friendliness of our staff would be reason for your to stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to ASU!
3 night trip Mar 27, 2014
Need to update their TVs, reception poor and sound also. Sheets not fitting on the bed, properly. Should update the bathrooms. Close walking distance to ASU campus, which was nice. Overall, our room was outdated and needs some new additions. Wish our room was as clean as their office was when you entered. Don't think we will stay there again.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are hoping to update our TVs later this year. I hope you would reconsider staying with us again as I am certain that we could provide a much better experience.
5 night trip Mar 23, 2014
"Room was smelly"
Smelled like old carpet mildew had to open the doors and windows to air out the room
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay and will definitely look into them to make sure that they are addressed. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Tempe.
1 night trip Mar 10, 2014
"The hotel was adequate for our needs."
The person on the desk at check-in was very helpful giving us directions to an event where we spent the afternoon and evening. Everything worked well as we went to bed. It was unfortunate that an unruly party arrived at 2:20 AM and there were blood-curdling screams outside our room, with 2 or 3 male voices arguing and yelling as well. I think eventually the police came and things quieted. The office staff apologized profusely the next morning. It certainly was not their fault. I don't know if it was an isolated event or if that part of town has a history.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Ruth
Good experience but wouldn't give print out of receipt. We were told to go on line. Couldn't find the right spot on line to get receipt! Only disappointment.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
"quick access to freeway and ASU campus"
The room is exactly what I expected, a budget room. It was clean and orderly but the quality of the amenities, linens, etc is standard for a budget hotel. above expectation: cleanliness of pool below expectation: continental breakfast.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for submitting a review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and hope you decide to stay with us again on your next visit to ASU.
2 night trip Mar 9, 2014
very nice would have stayed sat night but was full ,, guy behind the counter on check in very helpful and pleasant !! will stay there again !!
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our staff and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Tempe!
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2014