All hotels in Tempe, Arizona, United States of America

• Value
    Great pool
    Good internet service
"Sufficient"
All hotel prices hiked for super bowl. This was sufficient for a short stay since it was the cheapest option in one of my favorite areas in the phoenix surrounds. Would rather stay at a nicer place but it was clean, just minimalist and dated.
7 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
elizabeth
"Stay here"
We would stay here again!
3 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"We enjoyed our stay"
Comfy beds, friendly staff, complimentary breakfast was good as was the WiFi. The room was a bit dated and the TV was old and didn't show colours correctly but we were out most days so it wasn't really a problem. Would stay there again.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
G
Very near to campus, stores and Metro light rail station. Pretty decent for the price you pay. Free WiFi with good speed is also an advantage. Breakfast not so amazing
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"Close to campus and comfortable."
Very close to campus (within walking distance). Great for short stays. Beside the noise, the staff was friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Comfortable bed and okay amenities.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Tara
"Filthy. Urine on toilet. Sheets dingy and dirty."
Filty. Urine on toilet Hair in bath tub and sink. Sheets and towels dingy and threadbare. Will never stay here again. Will not use Expedia again.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Would stay again"
Nothing fancy, but a clean, quiet room convenient to where my meetings were.
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"Great location, close to University."
Location was perfect, satisfactory in cleanliness and breakfast.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
andsmom97
"Febr 2015"
I got put in a handicap room, not sure why; carpet was dirty, mattress was bad. There were no signs of any attempts to recycle on the property. Styrofoam plate’s cups were used for breakfast, no containers on property for recycling cans or plastics.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"You get what you pay for"
good value for the price
3 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Ron
"Not even worth the cheap price"
Hotel room smelled like wet dog. Carpet was gross and didn't want to take off my shoes. We checked out 1 night early because I couldn't take the smell. No one cleaned our room our entire stay. I did see a cleaning lady in other rooms but maybe they wait until you check out. yuck.
3 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"decent"
hotel was pretty worn out, even for a super 8. great location next to campus and service was decent.
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2015
Was awoke by someone pounding on my door, ended up calling the front desk and police Water leak in bathroom, soaked the rug in hall way
"Good $30 room, problem is paid 80 for it."
Room was not clean, carpet really dirty. Wifi did not work.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"Nice hotel close to ASU campus"
Typically I don't stay at Super 8 chains for business. However this location may have changed the way I travel. The room was very clean. Each room has a small refrigerator and microwave. The front desk staff was very courteous and helpful. There is plenty of parking on the property. Overall I was very pleased with my stay and would highly recommend this location to the ASU campus. The hotel is also walking distance to fast food locations, and a safe walk at that.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Dwayne
great low cost place to stay and near downtown Tempe. Very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Clean, comfortable, good location to ASU."
Nice hotel located just a couple blocks from ASU campus. Updated, well maintined hotel. Great food choices within walking distance and, for me, the chance to stay near the airport and have food and entertainment choices very close at a single hotel location. Two complaints, one minor: I could hear the guy next door snoring pretty loudly until I turned on the AC fan (two nights). The second more bothersome: it's necessary to reenter the wi-fi password every day. Auto connect daily but evey 24 hours it's necessary to go through selecting the network, waiting for login page to load, accepting terms, entering password and waiting to connect. Sounds minor but after staying 4 days with 3 devices and being logged out in the middle of working on one or more it became a real bother. I've never seen this at other hotels.
3 night trip Feb 2, 2015
"never again"
The very first day there checked into room no water in toilet turned water on flooded floor - changed room. My son's room he had to clean the toilet area as there was urine all over the toilet. Very rarely did they clean the rooms on a daily basis had to go get our towels several times. On the 2nd day we left all three rooms at 11:30am didn't return till around four o'clock and none of the rooms where cleaned.
3 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Vincent
"GOP meeting"
Staff was helpful. Happy to have the breakfast room. Room was nicely maintained and comfortable.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Nan
"A S U"
Great place to stay
3 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
Luna
"Mid week getaway"
Nothing fancy but no complaints. Friendly service from front desk. Room was adequate. Good value for price. Continental breakfast was also included. Close to ASU and Mill street and light rail. Would stay there again.
2 night trip Jan 15, 2015
Patrick
"Nice motel for the money"
Stayed at a time when rooms were a premium across the area, for the price at the time could not beat the rate. Only complaint was the housekeeping forgetting to leave clean towels and coffee for the in room pot, minor issue really. I plan to stay here again.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Not bad for the price"
The customer service was very good. Breakfast was not worth eating. The carpet was dirty/stained in our room. Sink is in the bathroom which makes it inconvenient for multiple people in one room. Price was great and worth it.
1 night family trip Jan 11, 2015
"Good value for the money"
I travel to ASU frequently for business. The Super 8's location close to campus is perfect for me - I can take the train to/from the airport and never need to rent a car. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and safe.
10 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
Theodore
"Bowl game review"
After going to the OSU Bowl game at the University, coming back to a warm room with pillowtop beds was a nice treat. I was a little concerned about the appearance of the hotel when i drove up for what I was paying but was releaved with the neatness of the rooms. The shuttle train was about 3/4 of a mile east of our location, which took us straight to the stadium. It was a $2 ticket for all dayl/per person. Was really fun for the kids. :) Thanks for the great memories of our OSU Cowboys Bowl Win!!! Go Pokes!! Pistols were firing all night!!
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Anjanette
"Great hotel to Sun Devil Stadium"
The price of the room was great value. The hotel staff was every helpful @ all times.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Rusty
"Convenient hotel close to our meeting."
The hotel worked great for us. We flew in for a Bowl football game and left the next morning. Other family members spent 3 nights there and appreciated the conveneiece of everything.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Great value nestled in a nice, convenient area."
The first room I was in the shower head squealed while the water was on. When brought to the attention of the staff I was moved to another room promptly so they could fix the problem. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and the hot tub was a great way to relax, and very roomy. Great for the price and very close to bus and train for getting around the greater Phoenix area without renting a vehicle. Very close to ASU campus.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for submitting a review regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize for the shower issue in the first room you were in but are happy to hear that you were more comfortable in the second room. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Tempe.
4 night trip Dec 17, 2014
Aubrey
"shaky"
extremely noisy long-term tenant next door. Would not stay here again.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. I'm disappointed to hear that you weren't happy with your stay. Please note that you can always call the front desk if there are noise issues on the property. We will do whatever we can to remedy the situation. We hope you give us another opportunity in the future.
3 night family trip Dec 14, 2014
"comfortable stay near ASU"
Comfortable stay for visiting parents. Friendly service.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Rolf
"It's a MOTEL not HOTEL"
It was good, However the breakfast was limited to make your own waffle cereal and yogurt. No protein(eggs). The area is fine but the transient guests were a little "different". It's definitely a motel stay.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you generally enjoyed your stay. Please note that our SuperStart breakfast items are the same that our offered in every Super 8 in the U.S. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Tempe.
6 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"Definitely not like home!!!!"
Overall stay was comfortable nothing vancy carpets needed to be cleaned,very well lit at night for the price well worth it front desk was very helpful.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you found our staff to be helpful. We will definitely look into the carpets in the room you stayed in. We hope you decide to stay with us again in the future.
6 night trip Nov 29, 2014
Kenneth
"Excellent for the price!!"
Good proximity to the University, Arizona Mills and Old Scottsdale. The sliding door was hard to lock and the bathtub had rust around the metal overflow part but overall , the room was clean and very big! We got a handicap accessible room and could park right outside of it. Would go there again.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Also, thank you for pointing out the maintenance issues in the room. We will definitely address them. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Tempe!
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"one night"
Good stay
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Tempe.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
"Super 8"
You get what you pay for. Nothing special, but it works.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your comments. We hope you decide to stay with us again on your next visit to Tempe.
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Amber
"Super 8 Super Deal"
Stayed for Ironman Arizona, room are large and affordable.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review! We look forward to seeing you again for next year's Ironman race.
3 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
Ronnie
"Visiting my son :)"
I have stayed at this location before and the guy at the front desk (Randy) was not very friendly when I arrived. I chalked it up to a late arrival. Upon my arrival late afternoon last weekend, Randy again was at the front desk. I had called twice to confirm that my room would have two beds, as my son was going to stay with me. I was told it would be no problem. When I arrived, there was an elderly man in front of me. He obviously needed a bit more time in checking in. Randy was, what I thought, abrupt with him and hurried him along. When it was my turn to check in I asked him about the two beds, he said "it is a king and a roll-away." Very to the point, never looking up at me. I told him I was assured there would be two beds, he said nothing! I said "I am not happy". He did not respond. He handed me my key told me about breakfast and sent me on my way. I was so annoyed at his lack of personality and courtesy to his guests, that as I was leaving, I turned to him and said "As someone is sales and customer service, you should be far nicer to your customers." I then asked him his name so I could report his rude representation of your hotel. I will say, later that afternoon, I went back into the office to see if I had left my phone on the desk. Randy at that point was far nicer and said he would keep an eye out for it and let me know if anyone checks it in. The following day I asked for a local tire place. He was kind and even looked up one in the yellow pages.
"You get what you pay for."
We were there Friday to Tuesday. We had no maid service Sunday or Monday. We had to ask for towels Sunday as we were late getting back to the motel and housekeeping had left. We called Monday and they came to clean (this was after 2PM). Feral cats living under pickup truck in parking lot. We were in a non-smoking room, but it smelled of stale cigarette smoke. I had requested a ground level room if there was no elevator (bad knees), but they tried to put us on 2nd floor. They did find 1st floor room for us. Police were in 2nd floor room for hours on Monday--don't know what was going on, but 2 police cars in parking lot makes you wonder.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Please note that while we do everything we possible can to accommodate room preferences, requests are ultimately subject to availability. I'd also like to apologize about the Housekeeping issues you experienced. I'll definitely review them with our staff. I hope you decide to give us another opportunity the next time you are in the area as I am certain we could provide you with a much better experience.
4 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Adequate hotel. Reasonable, but not fast, wireless internet. Air and heat worked well. I appreciated the refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast could improve with more choices of items and better coffee.
"Wide walkways, good parking areas, well lit."
Pete's fish and chips is right across the street. Quiet nights sleep. The safety lock was missing which is something I don't like and the toilet was not clean enough, the maid seemed to have missed some spots.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"good"
quality. stayed here before. stay here again
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us and look forward to seeing you again very soon.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2014
"Functional"
Its a small, 1 story, throw back hotel to the 90s. And I don't mean an ironic throw back. It was there when I went to school at ASU and it hasn't changed in 20 years. But its a perfectly functional, short stay hotel. Its clean, courteous, quiet. its near the light rail and just off ASU campus. Perfect for travelers like myself.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Tom-AZ
The location is very closed to ASU
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that our location was convenient for you. We hope to see you again very soon.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Zhifei
"ASU Family Weekend"
Sewer smell in bathroom from shower drain was only real uncomfortable part of the stay
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you were generally happy with your stay. We will definitely take a look at the issue you mentioned and hope to see you again on your next visit to ASU.
3 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
Doug
Walking distance to campus and a clean and comfortable room. I'll be back if the price stays right
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Great two night stay."
Stayed at the hotel for two nights after attending the Redskins @ Cardinals game. I booked this hotel because I have stayed here before and I'm somewhat familiar with the area. The room was a great price and the room was clean. The hotel is fairly close to the airport and walking distance to the light rail station. I would definitely book here again.
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your return visit to our hotel and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Tempe.
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
Stanley
"Nice price for being so close to ASU."
Always a good time in this area ! Lots of things to do ! And Mill st is always a lot of fun.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
steve
"Quick, Budget Minded Weekend!"
Reserving the Super 8, I knew I would not have a luxury experience, but that's not what I was looking for. I needed a place to stay, close to ASU campus. Checking in with Randy seemed to be smooth. He made an error and confused my name for another guest's and gave me her reservation and when she checked in, there was confusion so I had to go back to the front desk so he could sort it out. That took awhile, with no apology, and I was trying to leave to get to campus to meet my son. Sorting this problem out took a while. He would be wise to use a little humility when dealing with the public; he's not a people nor customer service person at all. The room itself was clean yet a little on the dim and dingy side. The air conditioner was the most important appliance and it worked great! Our room stayed cool and I appreciated that while the unit ran all night, it didn't switch on and off; it just ran. The room was perfectly cool and comfortable. The beds, pillows, and sheets were great. No complaints at all. The bathroom is poorly lit but the shower was decent. I got what I paid for; no frills, no fluff, no luxury but a decent place to stay. Another plus is there is both a fridge and microwave in the room. Nice touch and very useful!
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
SmithFamFour
"Ucla vs asu"
Asu crowd were rude. Just beware of your surrounding. Good hotel!
Response by Super 8 Tempe/ASU/Airport
Thank you for your review! While it seems you may have had some issues with ASU fans while at the game, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Tempe!
1 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Hotels.com"
My only complaint is with hotels.com. I thought I was getting a direct 800 number for the hotel, which is what I wanted. It was a second hotels.com number. I really needed to chg my day there, but had to stay that night or be charged the room price regardless. That is why I was trying to reach the hotel directly. Because of this misleading detail & hotels.com & Super 8 blaming each other for the policy, I will NOT be using hotels.com again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2014