All hotels in Topeka, Kansas, United States of America
1717 Sw Topeka Blvd, Topeka, KS, 66612, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Convenient location"
Convenient location. Average conditions / service for the price
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
Jon
"Only place you should stay in Topeka"
Topeka has only one place that has it all!! nice clean comfortable rooms, great staff etc. I have been to most other hotels in Topeka for business stays, this is the one you want. Best kept secret in my opinion.
Thanks Mark, We love getting these great comments. See you next time. Kevin-GM
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2014
"Capital Plaza"
Fine place to stay. I will return.
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2013
"Nice Hotel....food needs work"
Overall, we were very happy with the Capital Plaza in Topeka but we were disappointed with the quality of food at the restaurant. We ordered steaks and we agreed they were among the worst we've ever had. I ordered the filet minion....and what I got was NOT a filet. I ordered medium rare and it was brought to me medium at best. Also, the noodles in my son's pasta side dish were crunchy. We would like to see the hotel make significant improvements in their restaurant.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"No Way!"
We opened the door to our room and the first thing we notice were water bottles on the bathroom sink and then there it was...the tolit had not been flushed and it was a mess. We walked out! They did move us to another room however they could not comp the room because the reservations were made thru a 3rd party vender. They gave us a free breakfast.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Good place to attend a meeting"
Hotel was conveniently located and the room was meticulously clean.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
OK
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
CR
"Business Travel"
Good location, close to downtown. Huge parking lot. Comfortable with all the amenities and services provided.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
"Best Choice (I guess) in Topeka"
Hotel is dated and in major need of refurbishment. Colors are dark and decor is late 1990's. Guest rooms are dated, with thin towels, scratchy sheets and out of date furnishings.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
BusyBizTraveler
Staff was very friendly. All areas of the hotel we were in (room, lobby area, walkways, pool) were very clean and inviting. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Wildcat Football"
I stay in Topeka while attending Kansas State Wildcat football games in Manhattan. Capitol Plaza is one of my 2 favorite places to stay. Always clean, always lets me check in early. Would be nice to have a free breakfast, but their Sunday morning brunch is very good.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Favorite hotel"
We have very service each time we stay at this hotel. The customer service is outstanding. The food is good. You have to visit for Sunday breakfast to enjoy one of Kenny's waffles or omelets. We also like the location of the hotel.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Dennis
"Everything costs more."
Nice hotel but it irritates me when anything else is extra, even the water
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2013
business traveler
"Bad Pillows"
The Pillows were not firm enough so my wife and I woke up with sore necks.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Nice hotel next to Expo center"
The staff was very friendly. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
Ron
"Wrong in Topeka."
I recently stayed at the Capital Plaza hotel and was less than satified. The hotel carpet was bulged which almost tripped me multiple times in my room and i was also kept out of my room because the hall carpet infront of my room was torn up being repaired. The staff was very freindly and the location was great for the conference i was in but it will be a while before i think of staying there again.
3 night business trip Aug 12, 2013
"Coffee Maker in the potty. Excellent breakfast!"
I don't like that the coffee maker is by the toilet. Gross. And there isn't a mini fridge. Everything else was wonderful! Excellent breakfast!!!
Response by Capitol Plaza Topeka
Dear est, Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I understand your concerns with the coffee maker in the bathroom, and we are looking at plans to move these when possible. I am glad that everything else was good for you. Thanks for the great comments regarding breakfast. Sincerely, Kevin
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2013
"Capitol Hotel Not Close to Capitol"
Our recent stay was fine but the hotel's name gives one the impression that the hotel is close to the Capitol Building. It is a fairly long walk to see the Capitol and the hotel itself is not near any restaurants or downtown area. After a long drive, the last thing someone needs is to get back into their car in search of a bar/restaurant. The hotel does provide facilities i.e. bar and restaurant but the staff in the bar area was less than enthusiastic and the bar lacked atmosphere. The room was fine although the bedding and curtains were a bit outdated. The outside of the hotel almost looks like a hospital and its location was a bit disappointing. Otherwise, I would recommend it to someone since there are not many hotels in this particular area.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"nice.."
I took my grandkids for an overnight, they loved it. It was very nice, clean and comfortable. The kids (ages 3 and 5) loved the glass elevator and we had a room on the top floor that was very exciting to them! Staff was very friendly, pool was ok, would be nice to have a shallow part for little ones, but all in all I will probably stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
Melanie
"Upsetting experience"
One King Bed This room measures 247 square feet (22 square meters). Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable channels with pay movies are offered for your entertainment. A coffee/tea maker is supplied while a microwave and refrigerator can be requested. Bathroom amenities include a hair dryer. Complimentary newspapers, an iron and ironing board, and a clock radio are among the conveniences offered. -------FYI: we were told there were NO MICRIWAVES and the fridge would be $30! We had to take all our groceries back. We have used this facility before, were never charged for either, and we won't be back. Sad as this is one of THE BEST hotels in the area. Very upsetting and unfortunate.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Quick stay but great"
Great place, room was mostly clean except that we found a dirty black sock in the corner when we walked in. It was pretty much in plain sight, so I'm not sure how that was missed. Other than that, the room was nice, the hotel was nice, etc and we felt very safe there. It's a fairly plain looking hotel from the outside, but the inside has some charm and is kept nice. We only stayed one night as we passed through. We were only in Topeka around 18-19 hours probably.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2013
Heath
"Nice location. Close to Capitol."
Great stay. I arrived early and they let me have an early check-in. Food was great.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Joyce
"No shampoo"
There was no shampoo in my room and since I was only staying in town for one night I had packed light, relying on hotel amenities. This was frustrating...using soap to wash my hair! Hotel staff didn't make amends very well.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
"Good size room, great lobby"
Room was good size, with sofa included. Clean. Good lobby and good location.
Thanks for the great comments. Safe Travels
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2013
"Nice atrium"
If you are going to relax after a hard days work in the hot tub, it's definitely not going to happen here. No power at all from the jets, and not very hot. Sharon did help us out with that situation. The rooms do have worn out carpet pad, wrinkles. Other than that the room décor/ bedding is comfortable. The room also has a comfortable feel as well. Chef Kevin was awesome and took great care of us at breakfast! The wait staff, not so much. It is a very pretty hotel to stay at.
1 night business trip May 8, 2013
K woodard
"Convenient for Expo"
Stayed at this hotel for weekend event at Domer Arena and proximity was key. Only there to sleep, no other amenities used. Room was clean, had everything I needed.
Other trip May 5, 2013
"Great stay in Topeka"
The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly. We had no complaints.
Other trip Apr 27, 2013
Phil
"Review"
Need a bigger gift shop!!! What hotel doesn't carry any kind of protection!!! Unheard of!!!
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Linen"
Only thing I found an.issue with was linen wad rough.
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2013
"Okay for the money"
Got a good price and that's why we chose CP for this trip. Asked for two queens and got two full size beds. Rooms faced onto atrium and noise from below was very evident. Room was very clean and staff was efficient. Had dinner in bar and enjoyed the nachos and beer.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
NG
"Very comfortable property"
Wonderful facility!!
Response by Capitol Plaza Topeka
Thank you so much for the kind comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Capitol Plaza Hotel and look forward to having you return.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2013
Lori
Did not enjoy, bed was uncomfortable and was unable to sleep
Response by Capitol Plaza Topeka
Thank you for your comments regarding the comfort of the bed. We use a Serta Presidential Series Mattress that normally get rave comments. I apologize that this mattress was not comfortable for you. I hope everything else was satisfactory for you, and sincerely hope that you will come back and give us another try.
1 night trip Mar 27, 2013
"Great Hotel."
Beautiful hotel with a friendly staff. We will stay here again.
Response by Capitol Plaza Topeka
Thank you for your kind comments! We appreciate the compliments and will share with the staff!
Other trip Mar 21, 2013
Vicki
"enjoyable and relaxing"
staff was friendly. bed was the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in. excellent experience.
Other trip Mar 13, 2013
lisa
"just OK"
it was average. we still prefer drury inn. topeka needs one!
Other trip Mar 9, 2013
kjw
Beds were a bit uncomfortable, and the fixtures I thought would be more updated considering the age of the hotel
1 night trip Mar 2, 2013
"close to Capitol"
Loved the hotel and location.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2013
ad
"Great hotel with location close to downtown & Expo"
There was a convention going on at the same time. So the only difficulty were with other guests.
Other trip Feb 24, 2013
"Pleasant stay"
This is a very nice hotel in SW Topeka within a short walk of the Topeka Convention Center. We were in the area for a basketball game in Lawrence, but every good room there was booked, so we stayed in Topeka. And I'm glad we did! This hotel had everything we needed and it was a nice place to stay. The room was clean and quiet. We had a king size bed with sofa and desk. The bathroom was ample sized and well featured. We got a great Valentine's package room rate which was much cheaper than we would have gotten anywhere in Lawrence. Overall, we really liked the hotel and plan to stay here whenever we're back in the area for another basketball game. Although the hotel restaurant offers a good looking breakfast buffet, we recommend Hanovers at SW11th & S. Kansas Ave. for breakfast. The food was great and it looks like everybody in town stops in here.
2 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Joe S.
"In town for a visit with family"
I absolutely loved the stay. I got there early and they let me check in early, which was nice. When I had lunch, the waitress was a little cranky and it took a while to get service, but other than that, I really enjoyed my stay.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Pamela
Nice rooms fairly quiet great place for mature couples overall satisfied with the hotel
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2013
"Comfortable and quiet"
Overall a nice place to stay, very quiet rooms and friendly staff. The only complaint was the speed of the breakfast service in their restaurant. We opted not to do the buffet breakfast and order off the menu, which to me took a very long time to prepare. But still a nice hotel.
Other trip Feb 18, 2013
Loved it. Perfect.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2013
Excellent location. The hotel is showing its age and desperately needs to be updated.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2013
"Near the capital building"
I stay in less expensive hotels that furnish microwaves and refrigerators with the room and do not charge extra, The frig I received for medical reasons froze the contents by morning. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. It was cold in the morning in the restaurant section while eating breakfast. Food was good, but became cold in about 5 minutes due to air temp. Of course, it was about 5 degrees outside - and all that air was flowing through the hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2013
We stayed here because we were exhibiting at the Expo Center. It was a short walk to the Expo and the hotel was clean and staff very friendly. I will stay here again.
2 night business trip Jan 25, 2013
Charlie
great, had an issue getting seated at breakfast. seemed like a long wait.the area was not busy so not sure the issue.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2013
"Need service training"
Front desk and housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful. But as always, the restaurant was totally unprepared, understaffed, and in disarray.
2 night business trip Jan 8, 2013
"Strongly reccomend!"
It is a great place to stay. Definitely a surprise for the price.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
AP
"Nice upscale room at ok rates"
It was clean people where nice. Would have liked small fridge in a King Bed Room
Other trip Dec 9, 2012