All hotels in West Hollywood, California, United States of America
8358 W Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA, 90069, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Love love!"
We went to the Sunset Stowe for a staycation. What an amazing place!!! It's everything I hoped for. Amazing service all around. We had room service, drinks at the Tower Bar and all was great. We will definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Great overall"
Good food, nicest staff, GREAT location, hotel room could use some work!
2 night trip Jul 2, 2015
Small room...Huge service. Loved the place!!
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Les
"Classic Hollywood with service to match !"
Great classy hotel with service to match!
2 night business trip May 28, 2015
"Very nice hotel with a good location"
Our overall visit was very pleasant. The staff was attentive and friendly. The hotel maintains that old Hollywood character and history, yet has the proper mix of efficient modern amenities. The Sunset Blvd side was a little noisy, but the views where nice.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Outstanding experience"
Hotel manager made an error on Expedia's part right. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and well maintained. The pool was relaxing and clean as well as the workout facility. Just an outstanding experience.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"A Fantastic and Romantic piece of Los Angeles"
I brought my wife here for Valentines day dinner and hotel stay. We had a fantastic (not cheap) suite and had dinner at the Tower Bar downstairs. Fantastic room, VERY romantic and FANTASTIC view of Los Angeles. The Tower Bar is wonderful with a great romantic LA dinner and lots of celebrities so that part was amazing. 2 problems. 1 - The room smelled midly like BODY ODOR. Like the previous occupant had really bad BO. Why didn't I change the room? My wife had a cold and didn't notice and on a scale of 1 to 10 it was like a 3. Persistent but not overwhelming. The housekeeper should have aired that room out. 2 - When we were leaving, some guy came in to check the minibar. It was akward but whatever. What's strange is, he took our used coffee cups and said he would be back to replace them. We said we were checking out so he could come back later. He INSISTED on bringing back 2 clean tea/coffee cups. It was just weird. Other than those 2 idiosyncracies, it was a FANTASTIC experience. I strongly recommend because I assume that the glitches were minor and wouldn't happen twice. Nothing better than great dinner and taking the elevator back to the room. Fantastic.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Onuora
"It is one of my favorite hotels in the world"
The Sunset Tower is one of my favorite hotels in the world. I've been staying here since 1992 under various property owners and Jeff Klein has done terrific work updating the property while keeping its historic charm. It's a terrific location where you can actually walk to interesting entertainment (music, comedy clubs, etc.) dining, shopping and more. There are great views from the guest rooms and the staff is terrific as well as the food and service in the hotel's dining room. The dining room is often booked and I believe hotel guest have a much easier time booking a dinner reservation.
1 night business trip Dec 29, 2014
"Glamous,frrendly,they make you feel like a star!"
Old Hollywood charm that can't be beat and beautifully restored.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Need to look after return guests better"
I have statyed at the Sunset Towers at least 6 times over a three year period. I love this hotel but find that the standard of room can vary greatly. On my most recent visit, I was placed in a small room right next to the elevator. The sound of the elevator going up and down was pretty annoying. They also need to do some upgrades to the TV's in the room. They are at least 10 years old and the picture quality is not as good as it should be for a $400/night room. i always said I would not stay anywhere else in West Hollywood but might try Andaz or Mondurian next time.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Adam
"Review"
Room was extremely small and old looking. Not a nice place.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Nick
"Fabulous LA"
Hotel in good location for transport to shopping centres, attractions and buses. A few restaurants nearby. Very enjoyable stay
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
Kerrie
"Nostalgic"
We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. Fantastic location it has a lot of history. The rooms were a real bonus and the king bed was so comfortable. We had a room overlooking the pool. The bathroom was all marble. Well located with plenty of restaurants surrounding.
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
rhonda
Nice hotel if you want the full Sunset Strip experience. Staff was helpful. Room was TINY and because it was so tiny, it was very hard to navigate. I couldn't use the full length mirror!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Great location, classy hotel!"
I loved my stay here. You can feel the history of the place surrounding you. It is also in a key location, central to everything.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Daniel Gifford
"Best Hotel and Staff!"
From checking in with Stella and Mohssaine to having Jeff help us with our luggage and car. We could not have asked for better service! We were greeted with a smile and all of our needs were met with ease. Can't wait to return!
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Alicia
"Iconic"
Great front desk service. Amazing views in this iconic Sunset Strip hotel. Bed was a bit soft but nice place to stay.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Watkins
"Classy, hip overnight in W. Hollywood"
I was looking for a West Hollywood hotel for an overnight stay for my husband and I. I wanted something that felt hip but not so young and trendy. I wanted classy but not stodgy. Sunset Tower fit the bill perfectly. Loved the art deco architecture and the decor. All the staff were professional, friendly and accommodating. Was looking forward to dinner at the Tower Bar and it didn't disappoint. Good food, good service. Only drawback is that the room was smaller than average but I knew to expect that from reviews so I was fine with that. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2014
Gloria
"Hotel right in heart of Sunset Strip"
I took the wife for a one night stay at Sunset Tower. Started of a little rough with front desk but rest of the staff was excellent! I recommend this hotel. It had a feel of old time Hollywood but with all the modern amenities. Great views of LA city!
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Glaze
"A Classic"
We were upgraded to a corner room. Very cool view! Everything was top notch (linens, robes, cleanliness of room, decor, attention to other details), except for 2 small items. Our toilet wouldn't flush (could happen anywhere), but also there was mold in the shower, see pic. I was surprised at this for the price of the hotel and how everything else was so well appointed. We had a cocktail in the bar late at night and enjoyed talking with the bartender. Wish I had time to spend by the pool, it looked inviting.
Other trip May 26, 2014
ILikeJazz
"Historic Hollywood"
Very enjoyable. Room was a little small, but comfortable. Bar/restaurant scene was lively. Food was excellent.
2 night business trip May 20, 2014
"Very Good, but needs some improvements"
I had a wonderful 3 night stay at the hotel. The plus's were location & small hotel to be taken care of more. Downfall, the rooms needed an upgrade. If the prices are going to be the same at competative hotels, there should be littrle things like a pool boy, water by the pool and at turndown, slippers in the room.
3 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
"A very nice stay"
The Sunset Tower is an old historic Hollywood hotel. It's Art Deco architecture is beautiful. Rooms are small. Fittings are ok, not newly updated. Work out room is not good. We suggested they change the equipment which should not be hard to do since it is leased. The terrace by the small pool is lovely. It is a joy to have breakfast or lunch there. The breakfast buffet is no longer what it used to be ( beautiful!) and now it is just a small not very attractive buffet. The service is excellent. We stay here when we visit out children who live nearby in Laurel Canyon
3 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Sunny
"Lovely boutique style"
Loved my stay here - lovely hotel, friendly staff. Small boutique old-fashioned sophisticated atmosphere. Gorgeous terrace bar & cafe with great views. Adorable restaurant with low lighting and a piano player. Good location opposite the Chateau Marmont and some good shops and restaurants within 15 minute walk. Pool is fairly small although I could always get a lounger, good gym. Will definitely come back.
3 night trip with friends Apr 14, 2014
Terri
Celebrity hotel in Hollywood. Nothing cheap here but if you want to dine with stars this is the p[lace.
4 night trip Feb 18, 2014
"Excellent hotel!"
We love this hotel, it's everything and more! My only complaint is the price of the valet parking both for our car and friends who came to see us, they came for one drink and the parking was $10.
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
"Old Hollywood charm--updated."
A wonderful getaway with old Hollywood charm. You feel transported into an era of movie star glamor. The service is attentive and the poolside dining is relaxing.
1 night trip Dec 23, 2013
"Overall A pleasant stay"
Clean rooms, great service, friendly staff. We arrived for a 1 night stay before moving on to northern California. We had an appointment to meet with a client and had to have wardrobe racks moved into our suite, they couldn't fit in our booked suite. The hotel graciously thought ahead and upgraded us before we arrived, to a much larger suite at our booked rate which was very appreciated and thoughtful. The only minor issue was the maintenance, specifically the faucets in the master bath. There was a wait or delay in the flow of water when the faucets were turned on. Other than the minor plumbing issue we found the premise charmingly old Hollywood. The rooms are very clean, comfortable, and spacious.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Loved it.
5 night trip Sep 9, 2013
"Great hotel, close to good restaurants W Hollywood"
Great experience and close to where I needed to be. Restaurants is all very good.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Quick Trip"
The hotel was fine; we stayed only one night. Problem with Air Conditioning the next morning. Expresso machine didn't work
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
I love this hotel, it is charming and full of history. All staff are very service oriented and it is very well kept. My only reason for a "3" of the Comfort question is the size of the room was especially small this time. Otherwise, great stay!
4 night business trip Aug 26, 2013
"Sunset Tower Hotel"
Very good experience - hotel in great location, and wonderful condition. View from room was of mountains - gorgeous. We had breakfast by the pool one morning and the food, service, ambiance - all great. The only reason that we gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is that the room was the smallest room we have ever stayed in my life. Amd we have stayed in NYC hotels that were pretty tiny. But bathroom was a good size and we didn't spend much time in the room so we were OK with it.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
Gordon
"Can't beat the Sunset"
Great!
1 night trip Aug 5, 2013
"Good service - a little pricy, even for the area."
PROS: Very clean, friendly and prompt staff, great views, charming windows and privacy. CONS: No do-it-yourself parking (only valet), a hidden expense at the end that caught me off guard, lengthy elevator waits, even though the area is prime, the room I had was EXTREMELY tiny - so not a lot of bang for your buck here.
2 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Relaxed elegance"
The Sunset is a wonderful hotel. Relaxing, comfortable and quiet. The staff were all fantastic and the food delicious. I really enjoyed the cookies in my room each night. Nice touch. If you want a change in menus, then 2 blocks down the street are numerous restaurants and bars. Great cigar shop along the way as well. It's the perfect place to stay if you are not into the flashy gimmick hotels. I'm sold and will be back.
3 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Debbie
"Charming Vintage Deco Hotel"
I had a brief stay for a business meeting. The staff was very helpful and the restuarant was outstanding. Service thoughout was fantastic. Breakfast by the pool topped it off.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"Old Hollywood glamour"
Excellent small hotel with tons of charm and old hollywood history. Nicely appointed rooms with beautiful views of LA. Move over Chateau Marmont...
Other trip May 29, 2013
Mrs.
"It's all about the staff...."
My 10 y.o. son and I stayed at the Sunset Tower for several days. The food was fantastic, the guests included A listers, and the location was perfection. All of this aside, it's the staff that makes this hotel sensational. While the rooms are the size of my shoe closet (don't panic, I have a shoe fetish), I would stay at this hotel for weeks on end if need arises. Angel was the absolute most in table service (and should be the manager), Derric is my new best friend, and Jessica will get my vote for Miss USA, and best hotel concierge on the planet. I cried the day we left. All of the staff, including doormen, were impeccable with service and attitude.There were certainly small issues that I would like to see improve, but those issues were obviously related to hotel management, and a generally bizarre management style. While the staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, it was only the last day that we were given a breakfast/room service menu. The maid service...well they are on island time, and what island I could not say. They did a beautiful job, once they managed to show up when we were away from the room. Not once did a hotel manager speak to us, or ask how our stay was going. I couldn't tell you the manager's name, as he never introduced himself. I would say that he is not well suited to the hospitality industry. Angel and Jessica would make a great management team, with Derric on board as well!
Other trip May 7, 2013
Lucy
"Off the Charts"
Terrific in all ways possible!
3 night trip Jan 2, 2013
Jim L
A greeat charming Hotel to stay in.
1 night trip Dec 18, 2012
Adriano C.
"Glamorous accommodations"
We loved the Sunset Tower and wil definitely stay there again in the future. A beautiful hotel with two beautiful bars / restaurants. We were given a high floor with a great view, but because of how the hotel is situated I'm not sure any floor would have a bad view. The staff was absolutely delightful!
1 night trip Dec 27, 2012
G Knudsen
"Thes best hotel ever !!!"
Perfect in every way. Beautiful rooms, excellent food....healthy choices.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2012
T Jones
"Love this place!"
Two words: Ah-maze. Okay, it’s one word. Our recent stay at Sunset Tower was awesome. My best girlfriend was coming to town and although I live in LA, we never go out on Sunset Boulevard. So, we decided to “do-it-up” Hollywood style and get a room at Sunset Tower. From the second we valet parked, every person greeted us with a smile, gave great recommendations on where we should go, and treated us like Hollywood royalty. We started the night at the hotel bar where the bartenders were very friendly. We ventured off to our night on the town and hit all of the close hot-spots for cocktails. It’s near Chateau Marmont, a skip from The Roosevelt and down the street from the Piano Bar. We even ordered delicious room service way too late (24-hour room service is the best!!) After a long night out, we decided to order breakfast by the pool the next morning. Angel, our server, was attentive, kind and very funny. I recommend this place for Los Angeles residents as well as any tourist. Especially if you like places like Saddle Ranch, the Laugh Factory and Pink Taco which are all in walking distance. Worth every penny and would definitely visit again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 6, 2012
Carla
"Great relaxing couple getaway"
I was truly impressed with hotel overall, staff was very professional, helpful, and friendly.
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
"Incredible"
I loved the retro feel of the hotel, together with it's modernization. The restaurant and bar are superb.
Business trip Sep 10, 2012

"Splendid Art Deco hotel"
The Sunset is a beautiful Art Deco hotel, with efficient and courteous staff, and a lovely restaurant. On arrival, there was apparently a problem with the room we were booked into, so we had a drink in the Terrace Bar while we waited to see if they could fix it. The Bar overlooks the city skyline, and it was a splendid start to the stay. They obviously couldn't get the room ready for a while, so we were upgraded, which was a pleasant surprise. The room was lovely, and beautifully appointed. We ate at the Tower Bar and the food was delicious. Service and attention to detail was splendid. The valet service was fast and efficient, and the hotel itself was close to all the Hollywood must-sees.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Splendid Art Deco hotel"
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"sunset tower"
good discrete hotel great location with good staff. Linens and toiletries top notch. coffee and cookies nice touch and delicious. Breakfast service on terrace not great - pool area small but good view. Room bit shabby but windows open which is nice touch.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
mar
First time staying at this hotel. Loved the historic nature of the building & vibe. Only downside were the Valet staff who were quite pushy to get you out of the vehicle upon arrival which sets the tone for your stay.
1 night business trip May 23, 2014