All hotels in West Hollywood, California, United States of America
8358 W Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA, 90069, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8

"Fantastic historic hotel in West Hollywood"
Fantastic hotel - beautiful view and amazing pool and breakfast. Great location and service. You even get cookies with turndown. The only negative is that the room is a little small with only a double bed. Overall still worth it but for a long stay perhaps try somewhere else.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Jen
"The best place to stay"
This is the most beautiful place to stay, old world charm and grace with all modern convenience . A Must for any traveller.
3 night trip Dec 30, 2012
T
AWESOME! Can't wait to stay there again!
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
Laverne
"Comfortable accommodation in a handy location"
Thoroughly enjoyable stay.
Other trip Sep 7, 2012
"Great place."
The place was perfect for us,the only thing just wish the bed was firmer.also parking should be disclosed in the price when booking with Hotels.com
Business trip Sep 4, 2012

"WeHo classic"
Understated homely comfort. Small, but well appointed rooms, some with great views. Nice pool area. Staff couldn't be nicer. The restaurant is old school Hollywood glamour - dark, moody, and ritzy and with excellent service. Great location right on Sunset Blvd. - fancy restaurants and clubs within waking distance.
4 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Soren
DK
"Unikt hotel i West Hollywood"
Sunset Tower Hotel er en oplevelse i sig selv. Fantastisk beliggenhed, ekseptionel service. Bygget i Art Deco stil og oser af atmosfære. Vi ville ikke blive overraskede hvis Hercule Poirot kom forbi for en Tisane eller Creme de Menthe! Personalet er meget, meget venlige, hjælpsomme og professionelle. Der er intet overladt til tilfældigheder her, og en detalje:Her åbner du ikke døren selv - der op til flere der står på spring for at åbne døren for dig - døgnet rundt. Her kan man føle sig lidt en del af Jet-settet i Hollywood :)
3 night romance trip Sep 13, 2013
Therese & Jørgen
DK
"レンタルすれば、ロケーションは良い場所"
TV の映りが電波の影響か?悪かったり、エアコンのリモコンがなかったり、デスク用の椅子がキシキシ言っり、、、シャワーが水しかでなかったり、、、 house keep が昼間鍵をかけていないと、部屋に入って来る! 英語ができないからクレームが思うように言えなかったが、二度と泊まりたくないですね。
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
PE

TripAdvisor reviews for Sunset Tower Hotel

"Spreading the love..."
09/01/15 MrsMcCallum Edinburgh, United Kingdom
My husband and I returned to the Sunset Tower Hotel for another fabulous time. This year we were joined by family and they loved everything as much as we do. It remains my favourite hotel, with my favourite team looking after us, and just the most beautiful of surroundings. We breakfasted on the Terrace every day where Angel ,and indeed everyone looking after us,made us feel so welcome (again) and special too-they really are he best. Dimitri too at Dinner in the Tower Bar was a star once more taking such good care and it is fabulous to have Derek back on cocktail duty. Every time we leave Sunset Tower we want to turnaround and go straight back.
"A second home - a second family."
09/01/15 nnjcafl New York City, New York
What more can I say - the staff and this hotel is a second home to me. Walking into the hotel is magical - it is old Hollywood with the perfect blend of modern amenities. The tower bar and restaurant is to die for. Every time I arrive, I am treated like royalty and the staff is by far the best part of the hotel. Tim is an angel - and helps me every time I set up a family member at the hotel or if I come to stay myself for a little getaway. Special thanks to Elliot and Justin - two great staff members and servers at the hotel. Always going above and beyond.
"I'm not a celebrity but I was made to feel as one!"
08/31/15 BigBearBrentwood_NH Brentwood, NH
Wow, what can you say to improve an already top shelf property with impeccable service? Talk about the staff that makes this property a historied gem in WEHO. Porte cohere greeting: warm and friendly. Check in: prompt, welcoming and competent with our American Express Platinum amenity package gone over in detail. Dining ? Well, Angle our server at lunch our first day is a brand ambassador that Mr. Klien the hotel owner must be very proud to employ. Angle is friendly, attentive to his customers and eager to know if he can improve the customers experience in any way. If you want to stay at a wonderful property where Hollywood stars come out at night and you get treated like a rock star stay at the Sunset Tower Hotel.
"Revival of the old Hollywood in certainly the best hotel in LA !"
08/30/15 ludvic2015 Shanghai Region, China
Staying in Sunset Hotel was an overall amazing experience thanks to the gorgeous architecture and a vintage with a modern twist feeling ! The staff was great especially Ester at the reception who despite letting us check in earlier, upgraded us a Suite with balcony view on Hollywood heels and Chateau Marmont. The customers in Sunset Tower were up to standard of the hotel, not the fake Hype Crowd we have seen in other historical/luxury hotels we went to during our trip in LA. Waking up and going to the gym with Nicolas Cage exercising on the treadmill was quiet a fun ! Only piece of advice to the hotel, for the price, you could just integrate the breakfast buffet with no extra charge. So far the best historical hotel in LA, We want to spend the week in next time ! Cathrin (Germany) & Ludvic (France)
"Not the kind of hotel you expect"
08/24/15 rickie250 New York City, New York
They have 11 different room types. The lowest being the size of a shoebox. It is also a very plain hotel room, not anything special. The hotel is not very clean either. There was a giant web and giant spider on the ceiling of my room. The worst part however was the pool, The pool was absolutely disgusting! Not clean, there was tons of hair floating on the top all over the pool. We called the restaurant staff over to show them and tell them. They agreed and said they would call housekeeping. We informed them that housekeeping can't handle the pool issue. Nothing happened. We spent the whole day sitting by the pool unable to go into it. In addition every chair had a sign on it that said you had to pay $75 dollars to sit on it if you were not a guest. The location is great, the restaurant is excellent. My bill was wrong so watch out for your bill. They billed me for a $200 dollar dinner I did not have there. The manager tried to help as much as possible, a female general manager had a little bit of an attitude however. They gave me 65 dollars off a night and upgraded me one night but it didn't make up for the pool issues. There are other hotels in the direct area for the same price that are nicer in my opinion.
"Great experience in this historic iconic hotel!"
08/21/15 linda s marysville ohio
First time staying here and it was great. My first evening they put me in a room that was right up front. It was a little too noisy for me, but cool to see the action across the street. I asked to be moved and they were great and moved me to a much quieter room in the back. Staff was great. Room service was great. History of the place was really cool. View from the terrace for breakfast every morning was great. Lovely place. Nice rooms. Nice people.
"Another AMAZING Stay!!!"
08/18/15 Dennis B Boston, Massachusetts
I wrote a review back in March for my first visit at the Sunset Tower Hotel and after that flawless stay, I found myself back in West Hollywood in August for some business. It was a no brainer that I had to stay here. I won't rehash my review from March except to say that the Sunset Tower Hotel and it's staff set the bar EXTREMELY high in terms of expectations for another stay. Everything was perfect during my March stay and I was worried I might be setting myself up for disappointment for my August stay. Well, Hotel Manager Tim "The Great" Cunningham and his hotel and staff DO NOT disappoint. This stay was just as good, if not exceeded my March stay. I emailed Tim ahead of time to let him know that I was returning to the hotel and he responded personally, letting me know that he was pleased that I was coming back to the hotel and that he would be available for the stay, should I need anything specific. Like the last visit, it was reassuring to speak to someone prior to our arrival and having that peace of mind that there shouldn't be any problems. We pulled up and the valet and check in was flawless. We did arrive early and prior to the check in time and the room wasn't ready yet. The young woman behind the desk was extremely pleasant and checked our bags and took my cell number and advised that she would call us when the room was ready. This worked out perfect as we wanted to shoot down to Barneys Beanery for a couple of drinks and lunch anyway. Within an hour (and still prior to check in time), she called back and advised that the room was ready and that the bags had been brought to the room. She advised we could just stop by the front desk whenever we wanted in order to get the keys. Talk about accommodating and great/timely customer service! Wow! When we returned to the hotel, we stopped by the front desk and picked up our keys. The young woman behind the desk advised that Tim was able to upgrade us to a balcony room looking over the Sunset Strip. A nice surprise and extremely kind gesture from Tim. This is the kind of nice touch that will keep me returning to this hotel. I know it sounds cliché, but, the staff of this hotel goes out of their way to make this feel like a home away from home. Not many, if any hotels can make you feel that way, but honestly, this one does. I think a lot of hotels do this for A-Listers and high rollers. I am hardly either, but you really do get the treatment at this hotel and that goes a long way. Besides Tim (who greeted us as we were going to the room and assured us that anything we needed during the stay would be taken care of), and the young woman at the front desk (I wish I got her name to put in this review, I'm bad at remembering names though), we also encountered Jared. Jared was the same employee I referred to as who I thought was James in my March review. Well, I made sure to get and remember his name in this review as he was just as personable and helpful this trip. As I said in my last review... the personalities and impeccable service of the staff at this hotel is bar none to any other hotels I have stayed at and it makes ALL the difference in the world. Well done Jared, for enhancing my stay! You can check out my March review for the property details. I will just say a few things about the room as it was a different room than last time. Great set up. A large living room area with mini bar and flat screen TV. A very comfortable couch. Nice thick curtains which blocked the morning light (which was important as I went Sunset Blvd rock star and had a late night). There was a bedroom with a comfortable king bed. A very spacious bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub and a stand up shower. All white marble bathroom with top of the line shampoo and lotion amenities. Plenty of fresh towels as well. The best part of this room (which is what made the upgrade so nice) was the balcony overlooking Sunset Blvd and the Hollywood Hills. We spent a lot of time out there just listening to the sounds and watching the lights of the Blvd. It was relaxingly hypnotic. One of the highlights of the stay was being out on the balcony and having a Johnnie Walker Double Black and smoking a cigar. Again, cliché, but it felt like we were kings of the world overlooking all the action on this famous strip. The location is more than safe. You're within walking distance to many stores, restaurants and bars. This is just an amazing property and a perfect location. Again, everything was amazing and perfect. The customer service is TOP NOTCH. They really make you feel like family. Tim Cunningham is one of the finest in the field and he really goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is perfect. He makes it known not to hesitate to contact him for anything you need. I cannot wait until my next stay. Thank you again Tim, Jared and the kind young woman who checked us in, whose name I didn't get... for making our stay absolutely flawless!
"Gorgeous hotel, stunning views from terrace, Great Location, A++"
08/13/15 e_recruiter Houston, Texas
We only had one night to spend in the Hollywood area of LA. We chose this hotel due to reputation, and it did not disappoint. The room was beautiful, and had a terrace that looked out over LA, and since the evening weather is perfect, we loved the terrace and the views. The restaurant in the hotel is top notch and crazy good, and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept in for years. This is a beautiful, 5 star hotel with Kiehl's room amenities, a great fitness center, and a personal, friendly staff. This is a great hotel for adults - the set up isn't perfect for 4 people, but the hotel, great hotel staff and beautiful setting more than compensates. Thanks for a memorable stay! The hotel manager is wonderful - very responsive, personal, and treats each guest with respect and friendliness.
"The best hotel ever!"
08/10/15 LindaMehrens Stockholm, Sweden
What a great stay! Wonderfull staff and an amazing atmosphere! A really fancy, art deco Hollywood experience! The restaurant is fantastic. A long wait for the food but well worth it! The breakfast was amazing! I will definitely go back here!
"Mistake"
08/09/15 Holygrail1
We were due to stay at the Andaz West Hollywood and when we arrived we found they had overbooked and had to be sent over to the Sunset Tower. What a fabulous Art Deco hotel. The rooms are well decorated with high quality bedding and pillows. The breakfast area looks over the pool and in turn over Hollywood and L.A and is is spectacular. The location initially concerned me thinking we may be in a rough part of Hollywood, but I was wrong. A great place to explore and you will not be disappointed with the hotel.