All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

2.7
    2.8
    2.5
    2.2
"Please don't hesitate to stay here!"
Please do not hesitate to stay here! We had a wonderful 2 nights here. I just think some travelers are way too picky! We had 2 rooms on the 9th floor. One had two double size beds and one had a king bed. Our group consisted of two adults, one senior citizen and one teenager. We all thought the hotel was just fine. From other people's bad reviews I was prepared for the worst and was pleasantly surprised! The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, I checked in on a Thursday afternoon at 4 with no line. I don't think paying 5 dollars to store your bags is unreasonable and the guys in the luggage room were so friendly, they deserved their tips! Our room was clean, no signs of bugs of any kind and no stray hairs in the bathroom. Sure the room could have used a paint job and new curtains and bedspreads, but I don't call that a deal breaker! The room with the two double beds was a little tight for 3 people, but we weren't there much anyway. I brought towels and washcloths with me because so many people complained about the stained towels, and we had perfectly clean towels at all times. I loved the old features of the hotel (hallways and bathrooms), it has been there 100 years! The location can't be beat. We were mainly in the Times Square area and the walk there was about 10 minutes. We took the train in from Newark, New Jersey so being across from Penn Station was a huge plus! I'm already planning our next trip to NYC and won't hesitate to stay here again!
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Big hotel, very centrally located. Housekeeping staff was very friendly. Rooms are clean, but old. Perfect if you don't care about a very fancy standard of the room.
8 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
"Dirty and stinky."
The dirtiest hotel I had the unpleasant experience. Staff is rude and tried to charge me more at check in thinking I had never been to NYC (Lived there for 6yrs). Horrible hotel with people fighting and scr screaming the whole night...called front desk and they ignored me and wouldn't give n y money back or cancel / refund...worse experience!!!
4 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
alexandre a
"Read it and Consider it"
Rooms and overall hotel is old, very close to rundown condition, and the price was too much. For the location, yes, was fine, in the center and right on front of the MSG, but, guys, please renew the toilets, bathtubs, shower curtains, carpet, ....
4 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Suren
"Convenient Location"
The staff was pleasant, but the room was dreary, and the bedding was stained with a yellowish brown color, in several areas. The location was very convenient.
2 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
"AC"
Everything was good but little AC ...when we asked they helped !
2 night trip Aug 19, 2015
Luis
Just looking for a place to sleep in the city. Great location,good price. Room was nothing fancy by any stretch but was a clean comfortable place to stay in the middle of everything.
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
TV was old and outdated love ny
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Devon
"try somewhere else"
No early check-ins nor will they hold your luggage Extremely long line to check-in No bathroom use available in lobby Room's bathroom was not cleaned well Difficult logging on to internet and staff not very accommodating
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"bad service"
Very bad service in all aspects I would never recommend to anyone. I will make official complaint shortly
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
imad
"stay if you have small budget"
the location is superb, but the room condition and service is really really bad. Considering the price, which is around $129/night, it is tolerable
3 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2015
Kuangyu
"Disappointing from Start to Finish"
This was a major disappointment. The room was depressing with no decorations at all and there were a number of things broken and unattractive. The air conditioner worked, which was A relief. I was very disappointed that when we checked out, we had to buy tickets waiting online again at the reception desk to hold a bag for a few hours. It cost five dollars per bag. We also had to bring our own bags down to the basement and wait online to check them in. It took a half an hour to get the car at the end of our trip and we had to wait in 85° heat for half an hour. We then had to pay $106 in cash for the privilege of valet service that took half an hour. Overall, I would never stay at this hotel again.
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Stephan
"Hotel needs Extensive Updating"
Great location by Penn Station & not far from Times Square. Long line & time to checkin. Room had torn ripped carpet, dirty walls & bathroom sink faucet hot water did not work; bathtub had chipped finish; old TV. Cannot believe you can charge that rate for that room; outrageous room taxes of 30-40% of room rate. We changed to a different room; better & adequate but still not worth the cost.
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Small rooms, although they were clean, can't beat the price for mid Manhattan cheapest hotel in the area!
5 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
joshua
"Horrible"
I had to wait over two hours to check-in at 11:00 PM. I tried to check-in earlier in the day, but the line was so long it snaked out the main entrance. I have stayed at this hotel in the past based on its proximity to Penn Station, and it was always sub-par, but this time it was exponentially worse. I will never stay there again regardless of its convenience!
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
"Our vacation in NY"
My stay was excellent, my family and I enjoyed very much our accomodation during our 5 days in NY on vacation. My special thanks to all maids in charge of room services, excellent job!
5 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Gilberto
"Poor"
Honestly we were not happy. It took an hour and a half to get through cheek in. The carpets down the hal on the floor were old and needed replacing. It was also very dark. The blankets were out dated. The TV old school. We only had 4 pillows for 4 people, the beds were noisy and we requested more towels and pillows and we never got them. We came down stairs 3 times and then had to speak to a manager to get towels the next morning and ended up sharing pillows. We were told they were brought to the wrong room but I know u can tell the room number by the call. Over all I felt like I was in a super 8 hotel in the ghetto excluding bugs.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Danielle
"It was alright."
Overcrowded, old facility. Location is prime, right in front of Madison Square Garden. But too large and old for good service. Paying completely for location and not much else.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Devin
"Awful Place!!!"
The hotel was awful. It was filthy, stinky, dusty, dark, and I felt like I had walked into the Shinning the second I got off of the elevator. The ceiling tiles were sagging and stained, the paint was peeling and chipping off of the walls, the bathroom was filthy, the furniture was stained, brown, and in the middle of the room. The TV didn't work. The only perk was the location. It's pet friendly, and we had our pup, but it was so dirty that I didn't even want him stepping on the stained, coarse, disgusting carpet. NEVER again.
3 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"The Pits!"
Worst hotel I have ever stayed in, starting with standing in line for a hour and a half to check in. The room was small and smelled like stale smoke. The shower was a square in the floor with a shower curtain. The only good thing is the location across from Penn Station.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2015
The Toilette was very old and the door to it we weren't able to close. TV out of Function
3 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Mesrop
"Madison Square"
It was very easy access to all trains and shopping facilities
5 night trip Jul 29, 2015
Anthony
"the worse experience in New York"
this is the worse place to stay in New York. I will publish the pictures that show the terrible conditions of the rooms, baths, building. The staff doesn't know what means Customer Service ay All. I do have a complete documentation of what happened during our stay
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Jose Luis
The hotel is very old, and everything in the hotel smells. the service is bad. the rooms are very small. the only good thing about this hotel is the location.
8 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Short stay in NY"
I came in for 2 nights. The Check-in line was huge, took over an hour to get in. Then another 30 minutes in line to get the WIFI password. BTW there's no WIFI in the Lobby, unlike the info provided, but good & free wifi in the rooms.
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
Ori
"Pennsylvania Hotel"
I liked the fact that everything was clean. But the TV channels didn't have good transmission.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Never stay here."
Wait to check in was more than 1 hour 25 minutes. Staff were rude. Room was dirty.
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
The hotel was not represented well or with accuracy by Hotels.com. The room was not clean and had a great deal of damage.
13 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Flynann
"Horrible."
Horrible. Will be telling my entire company never to use this hotel.
2 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
russell
"RUBBISH, RUBBISH, RUBBISH 1 out of 10"
It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Dirty rooms with damp patches. Queued for over an hour just to book in. Tiles off in bathroom skirting rotten. Tele, phone, lamp and even wardrobe door broken. Showed me 4 different rooms and i chose the best of the bunch which was still unacceptable but had no option but to stay and even then i went out and didnt come back till late. Breakfast in penn 5000 a hard bagel and coffee which was supposed to be 24 hrs but was actually 9 am to noon. Needs a total refurbishment
3 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"Hotel Pennsylvania dropped the ball :("
Quick getaway. Spent too much time standing ing line at front desk then needed. Spent too much time on phone calling front desk. Spent too much time mopping up flooded AC. There was so much we had to tend to it took away from our limited getaway time. In addition I have called hotel to follow up and no one has any record of my calls or complaints nor do they have my questionnaire I completed. Call me for more discussion.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
albert
"Hotel needs a Make over."
They state check in at 3 pm. I arrived at 12:30 and asked if I could check in early. To check in 2.5 hours early, they wanted $40. I never heard of such a requirement. I only wanted to drop off some of my stuff and not return until after 6 pm. I purchased a luggage room tag for $5 and checked extra stuff. Some of the rooms have access to a continental breakfast from 7 to 10 am. As typical, the food arrives at 7:10 and set up by 7:15 am. The placed was packed with people waiting. The rolls and bagels are nice, but there was only one OLD toaster and have of it did not work. The only reason why I consider this hotel is sometimes the room rates are low and it is convenient to Penn Station.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
William John
"Fine NO FRILLS hotel centrally located"
Small rooms. Pretty bad mattresses and pillows. TV remote batteries and bulb in one lamp were never replaced after numerous requests. Really great location close to Times Square, Chelsea and the Village. Train station across the street.
4 night trip Jul 27, 2015
Reginald
"Hotel Problematic"
When I arrived at the hotel there was a long line to check in and only 3 employees working. I waited in line for almost 2 hours to check in. When I got to my room(579) I went in and was content with the room. The bed wasn't all that comfortable and the pillows were flat, as people would say "motel pillows". The next morning the maids walked in on me sleeping even though I locked the door. The hotel had not provided me with a "Do not disturb" sign. I tried to use the phone in my room to realize it was not working. After having a day out, I returned later to the hotel and asked an employee where I could get a sign for the door. He said to use the phone in my room to call the hotel operator. I then informed him that my phone did not work either. I used a phone in the lobby and the operator informed me that the phone could not be fixed until the next day. I did receive a sign as requested. On the morning of Wednesday, July 29th, the maids again tried to enter my room, I told them I did not need housekeeping. Someone had taken my do not disturb sign off my door. I checked out of the hotel around 11:30am on Thursday, July 30th, the phone in my room was never fixed and probably is still not working for whoever is in the room today.
6 night trip Jul 24, 2015
Matthew
Great location and normal room services but this hotel needs more people in the lobby when you do the check in because it literally takes you 2 hours to do it.
5 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
mario
"Not a great intro to NYC"
After arriving late in the evening, I requested a quiet room and was given one on the 5th floor. I discovered that it had not been cleaned and the cleaning person said it was not on her list to do. I had to go back to the lobby and tell the story. I was given another room on the 6th floor. No apology for the mixup! During the night, at 4:30am . . . a bouncing ball on a bare floor for a few minutes!
4 night trip Jul 21, 2015
"Location"
Great Location for going to MSG.
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2015
Cristina
Good
5 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Pedro
"The worst hotel"
The worst. 55 mintues to check in room never cleaned when i checked out asked for receipt clerk said " No". I said what he responded get it from expedia. I never use expedia . rate should never be above $49.00 all sizes.i would not recomend the hotel.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Christopher
"New York: Fifty Shades of Rude"
Location is perfect, but behavior of some -- not all-- of the people working there was extremely uncivilized. It felt as if they thought you can treat customers like scum just because they are in a low budget hotel. Terrible house keeper. Rude and nasty. Pushed my friend's hand away agressively from the cart when my friend reached for a towel, and started scolding her as if my friend was a little child. The other housekeeper told me that I would have to call the front desk if I wanted an extra towel. At the Information and ticket desk, one attendant seemed to have mental problems, judging by the way she reacted when I mentioned that someone else at the desk had given me a different information on busses to the airport. It was really scary. The other person at the desk was also increadibly rude and screamed at me when I pointed out that it was important to give clear information to tourists. She started screaming that it was my fault and not hers if I didn´t understand. ( With the disrespectful "No you didn"t!" finger swaying too) It was the most uncomfortable situation ever! The manager was super helpful in addressing my complaint. After that I didn´t see the two attendants at the desk anymore. Room was ok, but carpet was really smelly and moldy. Baggage storage people super nice!!!
5 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
"You get what you pay for. We paid for location."
We booked the Hotel Pennsylvania, because it was directly across the street from Madison Square Garden, and it was $100 per night cheaper than nearby hotels. There is no in room coffee or refrigerator, and the air conditioning doesn't work very well. The line to check in and check out are ridiculous, and when we asked to check our bags at the bell stand while we went to get something to eat, they told us to stand in the checkout line and pay $5. We skipped the meal.
4 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Deborah G
"Old but it has it's perks"
The room was clean and ready to go when we arrived. We really didn't require any special services, so the only service I can rate the hotel on is the check in process which was easy and no complaints and on the room service. Room service cleaned up when we left the room, the only complaint was that for whatever reason they didn't always give us the correct amount of towels/wash cloths required. There were always 2 bath towels, one day there was 1 wash cloth and 1 hand towel. Another there was no wash cloths and 1 hand towel and one mat for the floor and another there was 1 wash cloth and 2 hand towels. Kinda odd. The location was perfect as we took the train and it was directly across from the station. It's also within walking distance of Times Square and plenty of things to eat and see. The lobby area is absolutely beautiful, you can tell that this is where they've put all their money into upgrading. Keep in mind the hotel, is an old building, and as long as you can keep that in mind and don't plan on spending a ton of time in your room this place is fine.
3 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Krystal
The check-in time was terrible. The Bathroom had hair in the shower. Under the bed had used water bottles and cups not from my stay. The carpet looked like it came in a time machine from the past to die in the Hotel Penn.
5 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
Asher
"review of recent stay"
I stayed there in a single room back in September, and was satisfied with the room. I stayed there last week with family. We booked a 2 bed room. There was no room to get to the small desk, the tv could only be viewed by one bed. Not too bad, but there was no mini fridge, and no microwave, and no coffee pot, like there was when I got the single room last fall. With family along, and the need for cool drinks to combat the heat, and coffee in the morning, it was very disappointing to not have a single amenity. I doubt I would stay there again, if there are no comforts available.
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
beth
"Not worth the money!"
Not a good hotel at all ... especially for $500.00!!!! Old, not very clean, noisy and the front desk service was slow.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
"I rated two star hotel"
The only thing that I rate great is that this hotel is nearest of the important places of N.Y.It so closed to the Madison Square Garden, but this hotel can be changed to one of five stars... The administration needed to remodeled it, please...
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Vivian
"Horrible experience! Depressing"
Dirty Bathrooms, hard beds, dirty sheets and lots of noice
11 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Jesus
"Skip this hotel"
Horrible Rooms. The carpets were spongy. Unclean & Unkempt like rest of the Hotel. Do they really expect people to come back? I guess there are enough unsuspecting customers, myself included, who but for the location select this Hotel. Do yourself a favor & find elsewhere to stay.
4 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Behram
"A Little Disappointed"
Upon trying to check in 45 min early was told it would cost $55, umm no way, so we lined up to be the first in line. Couldn't imagine why they would want a stampede at the front desk when the clock stuck 3pm. If rooms are ready, check them in.. just common sense to me. Five minutes later a man directed me to the front desk... to check in !!?? Told her 5 min ago it was going to cost me $55, where upon a manger said who told you that ?? I'm assuming those clerks work 3-11 and wanted no last minute guests to delay their departure ??? Also called down for four extra pillows [there were 4 of us], they brought us 2. Not happy about that.. Next night we had to request more towels and 2 more pillows, got one more pillow. Not happy. Requested a high floor with a great view. We were on the 9th Floor :( with a view of construction and a loud jack hammer well into the night ( not their fault )
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Anne
"You can find much better for the price!"
Towels were used and wet when I got to the room. The carpeting was stained and dirty. Curtains were only halfway attached and dirty. I had a King size bed so the room was a decent size for NY. Room smelled like it had some faint smoke residue. There were no power outlets by the bed with only an extension cord running to the lamps. It would be a decent place if it had new carpeting and was upgraded.
3 night business trip Jul 14, 2015