All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

2.7
    2.8
    2.5
    2.2
"Great location, old hotel."
Great location, old hotel, rooms need a paint job.
6 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Mauricio
Long, long wait to check in. Room furniture was outdated and severely dinged up. Bathroom was disgusting. The shower resembled the amenities at a discount gym. I would bring flip flops if you plan to shower there. Location is great, I guess that makes up for $170 a night for the poor room.
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Craig
"So-So Stay at the Hotel Pennsylvania"
When I checked in on Saturday night the front desk hotel clerk informed me that I had to pay a $100 security deposit [which would be returned to me after I checked out] This was on top of the $390 and some cents I had already paid for a 2 night stay. Naturally I protested this extra $100 security deposit fee and the front desk hotel check in clerk went to the back to speak to the manager, who decided to waive it for me. Overall it's a grand hotel,but kind of worn down in some areas, the hotel lobby hallway where my hotel room was located on and my hotel room. Being in such a high traffic, touristy area, this hotel is definitely overdue for an inside makeover or renovation. The first room I was given [Room 1301] the top latch did not lock properly. There was no alarm clock [as advertised] and the TV remote did not work. I called the front desk to inform them of this and ask to be given another room. I was informed that a bellhop would be by room 1301 to escort me to a different room. After about 2 more calls and 15 minutes had past, I picked up my belongings off the chair, locked room 1301 and went downstairs to the front desk. I explained the situation [for the umpteenth time] and was given a key to room 1311. This room was slightly better[the door locked properly , it had the alarm clock and the tv worked] but the bed had a noisy mattress so everytime I moved or tried to get comfortable it made this loud rustling sound.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2015
Hope P
"stay away!"
>>>>>DONT BOOK HERE!!!!!!<<<<<<< I own a small boutique hotel so I'm always very patient and polite, i travel often and spend a lot of time in hotels. Layers of dirt, found shoe boxes, garbage container full of garbage, the beds are broken, the carpet is infuse with the finest filth you can find in NYC the wall most like serve as a cemetery for rats and the smells is so bad. Management is obviously non existent.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Nelson
"Don't bother. Not worth your time."
Took an hour to check in. Then the first room I was sent to had no beds in it. Got moved to another room. Which ended up being a non smoking room after I requested smoking room. Then moved a second time to a smoking room which was half the size of the other two rooms. Left it at that till I checked out. And car valet tried changing prices compared to what's printed on ticket. Overall. Not a good stay and will not try this hotel again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Connor
"Great value & close to Penn St. and Braodway"
Good value when you come in by train to Penn Station. Short walk to Broadway, MOMA, and public transportation. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, this is not it, but room was clean and wifi working well. check-in took almost 45 min as they were understaffed.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
stefan
"Good for the price in Manhattan..."
Location, Location, location !!! Little old but rooms are big for the city...new hotels have the room of the size of a typical restroom...not in here!!!
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
"2015 NYC"
Room was very hot due to AC not working correctly, wife loved the room due to old antiquing part of hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Worst hotel service I've ever had"
First the lady at the front desk never greeted me. She was like "Name." Maybe it's a New York thing. Then they could not find both my hotels.com bookings. (I had two under the same name.) We wanted to dump off our luggage quickly and get out to a show, but the bell desk told us we had to get a ticket from the front desk to do that, which meant waiting in the huge line we were trying to avoid -- AND the luggage service closed at 7 PM. Then they gave me keys to a room that had people in it! I had to leave due to being late, so I called while I was walking in the city. The operator transferred me three times to the front desk before they picked up, only to be told "Front desk, hold please." They never came back. The same thing happened any time I tried to call down to the front desk for a question, a wakeup call, etc. They would literally never answer the phone. If you went down to the front desk, there was always a huge line. They are clearly understaffed. The room was ancient. The doors proudly display that they were the original valet doors, which means they are ancient. The tubs finish is worn off. The windows would barely open. The bed was comfortable and the TV worked. So there's that. It is also really close to Penn station -- right across the street.
2 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
W Curtis
"HORRIBLE"
HORRIBLE !!! I had to wait in line a hour and half just to check in . The clerks took FOREVER just to check someone in . The Room look horrible look like a horror movie . I would not recommend this hotel to no one , it cheap but you get what you pay for . This is not your typical hotel fantasy , I dorm is better then what I just experienced
1 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
Schmindy
The room was ok it's ok for an overnight stay I wouldn't stay any longer
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Roseann
"Bad bad hotel"
It was a bad stay at this hotel . I got there around 2 pm and was charged extra money for getting the room before 3 . Hotel was bad . Room smell .
1 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
Lamar
"Run away."
I was very displeased with my stay at the hotel. The hotel pictures are extremely deceptive. The room had no cable TV, the doors on the cabinets were falling off, the in room hvac units were out-dated and left my room damp feeling, the wireless internet was slow, the common areas of the hotel are out dated and worn, the bathroom was disgusting and old. The best part of the hotel was the location and having a gym to work out next door.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
"A non-reviewers nightmare"
I never write reviews, ever, because I feel that people can be too judgmental and fussy, and are generally over reacting. NOT HERE THOUGH. If you life cockroaches and imagery similar to The Shining, than you will probably love the place. If you are looking for just a room to sleep in with average comfort, and no frills, this is NOT where you want to go. I never expect extravagance when I stay in hotels, but I do like to feel comfortable being barefoot, and looking at the bathroom. It's a very old building, and historically, it's very interesting. But when it comes to spending the night here, go literally anywhere else. ANYWHERE.
4 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
Allison
"Horrible Hotel"
The staff checking us in was rude. I have one adult and two children (16 YOA) with me. The staff only provided one complimentary continental breakfast ticket. When I questioned him about having three persons in my party he stated only adults receive the complimentary continental breakfast. When we got into out room the bathroom had bugs all in it. The shower curtain needed to be washed as there was mold and mildew all over it. One of the shower tiles was missing. The tub needed to be resurfaced as it was peeling away. The paint throughout the room was chipping off the walls and the crown molding. I will never use this hotel again and your services. Your services should be filtering/auditing hotels you are adding to your repertoire.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"The most terrible stinky bad hotel in NYC"
Its a horrible place. Please sleep on the benches on the curb but do not check in here. Stinks horribly, never cleaned... Nightmare. I believe they are renovating it. They need to demolish the whole building and redo again. Do not get in here even if it is free.
1 night trip with friends Jun 22, 2015
Indu
Great location! Hotel is outdated but is in the process of being renovated. Lobby is gorgeous. Hotel has gift shops, travel assistance desk, restaurants, coffee shop, etc on main floor. Staff was friendly. No checkin or checkout line at our arrival and departure. Would definitely stay here again.
4 night trip with friends Jun 18, 2015
"I was scared to be in the room."
These rooms look like they have not been remodeled since the 1900's. The hallways and rooms need to be more lighted.
3 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Alejandro
"Very nice, decent price!"
The Hotel Pennsylvania is a nice hotel, very convenient to Penn Station. The price was reasonable for NYC and close to many attractions and shopping. The rooms were clean but the carpets were dingy.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
David C
"Dont stay here!"
Not a good hotel experience. it took us a looong time to check in AND to check out. the personnel was sooo slow, there was some people in line, but still... I would have given them 0 on service, but there was one very nice man there, which made it a 2. the other ladies working there... ;( old hotel, to big. Overall I will never go there again. No internet in the lobby.
1 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
"Noncomplainer complains"
It took over 30 minutes to check in. There was a sizable puddle of water on the floor in the roped-off check-in line that was not cleaned up during that 30 minutes. Once in my room I noticed that the carpet had not been vacuumed -- and worse -- sheets, soap, shampoo, tissue and the shower curtain had all been piled up on the bed. I called Housekeeping and was promised that they would respond. I had to leave for a dinner appointment, returned three hours later (about 11 p.m.)and the room had not been touched. I called Housekeeping again and a man arrived within 10 minutes. His attitude was: Everything is here, why didn't you just put the room together yourself? WHAT? I've had negative stays at this hotel(?) before, but never this bad and absolutely NEVER AGAIN!
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015
Alon
"OK but needs renovations"
It was alright just the hotel needs updating/overhaul. Decent cheap place if you don't mind the dry rot in the floorboards and luke warm AC. But it works in a pinch. Saying that the staff was decent but very long lines for check in/out.
6 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
"Worth the money..."
The hotel is old, but it was clean and the bed comfortable. The only thing missing was a coffee maker. 99% of the hotels I stay at have coffee makers, so I was disappointed. It is centrally located near the theater district and shopping. MSG was across the street.
1 night trip with friends Jun 21, 2015
Bette L
"Great location but rooms not for picky travelers."
Location is great but this hotel really needs to be updated. Fairly clean condition except for the cockroach I found in the bathroom the very first day of my stay. And on regards to the rates, you pay for the location, not necessarily for the hotel condition or amenities.
5 night trip with friends Jun 16, 2015
"Ran down hotel , but good location"
Overpriced for the quality of the room. It looked like a motel instead of a hotel. The carpet had burns in it. They had the nerve to have a $100 deposit. Trust me there's nothing that can be damaged in there , everything is already worn down. There was no tub it was a dirty Stand up shower. The best thing about the shady looking hotel was the air conditioning and location
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Aircon"
Location excellent,for using the hotel as a base.
5 night trip Jun 11, 2015
I can't be more disappointed
4 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Odilon
"Remember These Are Old...Old Buildings"
You first have to have the mind set that you are in the middle of New York. These are super old buildings. Every time I travel I am used to having parking, a refrigerator and a nice ample size room and bathroom. Not here! The rooms are crowded, bathroom is extra small, no refrigerator and no parking is available. Be prepared to pay $58 for parking a day at Hotel Pennsylvania.
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Brenda
Was very dissapointed in the hotel
3 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
"Nightmare"
No tv iservice n the room. I called from desk they told me it will be taking care of. They never came and fixed it. Had to watch basketball playoffs in the bar . It cost me over $120.00 and a terrible headache next morning. I was not able to drive next day and they wouldn't give me one extra day of stay . Had to go to deferent hotel to relax till I can continue my journey. Don't think I am coming back!
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
"Business trip"
staff was nice and friendly however having to stay in the hotel for 5 days wasn't the best choice i could of made. the room is below average at best. i thought past reviews just were going overboard with their opinion until i experienced it myself. If you are going for location its right outside penn station if thats what you are looking for. the staff was nice however the hotel itself just isn't worth it if its going to be more then just a crash for one night thing.
5 night business trip Jun 14, 2015
gehrig
"Don't stay here"
Room was not what it was supposed to be - reservation called for king bed - was a double. sheets barely fit the bed, pillows less than adequate - couldn't call front desk from room phone because it didn't work To top it off, they refused a late check out and seemed insulted that I would ask My worst experience with Hotels.com by far
1 night trip Jun 18, 2015
Absolutely terrible experience, the room was disgusting, the toilet didn't flush, the lights turned on and off by themselves, overall bad and wouldn't ever stay again if they paid me.
1 night trip with friends Jun 18, 2015
Jordan
"A hotel room from the past..."
The room was old, not much in the way of upgrades over the years. Air conditioner barely worked and was at least over 25 years old. At least there was hot water with a lot of pressure, no matter what time you took a shower.
6 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
William A
"great place for your budget"
I'll see ya next year guys
4 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Edgar
"Last Resort"
had electric problem in my apartment had to book a room this is the cheapest got to the hotel an hour after booking didn't have a reservation had to call hotel.com the room looks like something out of a rent stabilized apartment there's cracks in the ceiling in the bathroom, the paint is dirty, the tub is as of 1962 the toilet is so close to the toilet paper I can barely sit, the telephone for local calls is over $2 a minute, a rip in my bed sheet would not stay here unless it was an absolute emergency
1 night trip Jun 19, 2015
"Bad customer service, dirty room"
Room was dirty. The customer service was bad.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2015
cynthia
"Worst hotel"
The room stank humidity, the carpet soil was soaked, i asked to change the room, they would not because the hotel was booked then there is 16 floor of 30 rooms !!!!
1 night trip Jun 15, 2015
MERKLEN
"Great location, comfortable at a reasonable price!"
Everything was fine! Great location, comfortable at a reasonable price! Like the historical feel about the property!
3 night business trip Jun 6, 2015
"Average"
The staff was great, very friendly, but then, the bed and others looked really bad. The shower was not working properly, and the bathtub had some stains & mold.
2 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Chau
"Hotel Pennsylvania Awesome!"
We had a great stay and it was very close to everything the only thing that I would change is the carpet on the second floor hall ways they were all rippled a accident waiting to happen maybe it needs to be stretched also the doors to the rooms were uninviting, but the lobby was great and the young man in the coffee-store in the morning always went above and beyond his job to be helpful and so friendly.Over all a great Hotel!
4 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
"Never stay here"
It was horrible. I went to put they key in the door and there were people in the room. Security didn't even come up to check what was happening. I could have been attacked and no one thought it was a big deal except the operator. Room was disgusting and I have never felt so unsafe in a hotel!!!!!
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2015
"Worse decision mafe"
Never stay again
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
"Horrible experience"
At first I arrived and there was feces in the toilet.. I was moved to another room that had a broken window so it was freezing maintenance couldn't get it closed and there were no blankets. I was moved again into another room that was lovely although it said no smoking and smelled like cigarettes but my last day I was chased out by a mouse.
4 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
ALIVELISSE
"1 night, so I really did not care. Longer, no way!"
Room badly needs upgrading and cleanliness. Furnishings from another, "non classic" era. Front Desk well understaffed and not customer/guest relations oriented. My sense is this large hotel is good for large tour groups looking for a deal for multiple room bookings. Upgrade the lighting may be a good place to start to give the place a sense of welcoming. A bouncer or door man would be good to keep smokers, street people, and non-hotel guests, moving along and away from the entry way.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Mario
"Terrible... My god it was awful"
I had to extend a work trip an additional day. I figured what the heck, this hotel is right near Penn Station and reasonably priced... So I stayed here. The worst hotels I have ever stayed in... A Motel 6 during my college days was better... Hotels in the third world are better. Unless you are just without cash don't do it to yourself. But even if that is the case you are better off at a cheap brand (best western, Holiday Inn express...) Mattress awful, carpet awful, the smell -- I slept fully dressed in hopes of not catching anything.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
"Hotel Pennsylvania"
We have been going to this hotel for years. This year we found rooms deteriorating. Beds hard, bathtub rusting. They gave us a suite and although the room was large there were no appropriate furniture in it. A desk, two mismatched chairs, television and two lamps, in which one had to be unplugged in order to shut it off. For the price it was very bad
2 night family trip May 27, 2015
"Don't stay here"
Was given non working keys twice and then ended up being given a room with someone already in it. Service wasn't friendly and hotel was dirty.
2 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Joshua
"OLD AND EXPENSIVE HOTEL"
This hotel is VERY OLD. The photos you see on website are maybe 20 years old. Its too expensive for such a old hotel, so many people as well and too noise , I was not able to sleep morning as visitors wake up early and they make so much noise in corridors? Why? because 70% of visitors in this hotels are low class...
1 night trip Jun 1, 2015
Mikheili
"quite disappointed"
We were disappointed by the absence of coffee pot, refrigerator and microwave. Our expectations were not met.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015