All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here401 7th Ave, New York, NY, 10001, United States of America, ‏‎855-218-6482

2.7
    2.8
    2.5
    2.2
"NYC escape"
perfect location - across from madison square garden - old but well kept
4 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
james
"Perfect Location For Everything!"
The location is perfect and the hotel staff were great. My only compaint was the cost of parking valet, if your driving here then park your vehicle in the garage yourself and it saves $20 a day, I paid $53 a day. Room was small and outdated but very clean. Overall I was happy.
6 night family trip Mar 2, 2015
Tracey
"Price and Location are tops"
Have stayed here many times. This time was pleasantly surprised with the wait for check in. At times it can be 30 minutes or more, this time they had plenty of people working the front desk and check in went quickly. All the staff I came into contact with were friendly. Asked for extra pillows, they were delivered while we were out. The floor I stayed on appeared renovated, with new doors and a cleaner, newer looking commons area. Plenty of hot water for a morning shower which is sometimes hit & miss My one complaint this time was the hard bed. I stayed in a double "superior" and did not sleep well because of the bed. I have never experienced this before.
1 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
"Small problems for a large but comfortable hotel."
My main concern at staying at any hotel is the safety of using bathroom facilities , there was no way to use the shower except very carefully because no hand rails were there. It was a challenge to shower every morning so resorted to showering in the evening when I was more relaxed and could navigate the shower easier. The coat hangers in the closet should be facing lengthwise in order for you to see what is in the closet. The remote control to cable TV was stuck in middle position for volumne control , making it a little difficult if you had a hearing problem.
5 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
Helen
"Been better"
The room was not ready. The TV wasn't working and there was no clock/radio in the room. This was all eventually fixed, but not without two calls and hours of waiting.
2 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2015
Judith
"find another place to stay"
room were bad but in mid town close to everything u need in city
1 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
pete
"Horrible"
It was horrible!
7 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Problems parking"
Check in parking was much more complicated then necessary. Couldn't park without a room number yet couldn't unload luggage at front door once we had the room number. Had to pay $10.00 for the pro sledge of schlepping our bags across the parking lot. Otherwise this is a classy hotel. Managers reception was very basic with various chips and popcorn. No hot foods or veggies like others we have had.
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
"I wouldn't go again"
The room was gross
2 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
"Pennsylvania Hotel"
Inefficient check in process. Printer not working at the computer room in the lobby. Nobody to ask help. Lindy's closed no new occupant. Sad to see such a great hotel fall to this level of mediocrity. Staff were all friendly.
1 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
"Great view and location"
The hotel stay was overall good.The hotel is very old but the location, service,and window view was great. The hotel rooms are not as up to date as the lobby, but still serves its purpose.
2 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
Natalie
"Hotel wasn't as scary as the reviews make it seem"
My stay at Hotel Pennsylvania was perfect for the cost. At first I was worried due to other reviews. I was quickly calmed down after I went to my room. I will admit that the walls needed some paint as there were some dings and dents. Also, there is a lack of lighting in the room. However, the furniture was all newish and the space was nice.The bathroom worked as expected and the shower was set for super water pressure it seemed. All the staff I spoke to were nice, the only exception being when I called in a few days before my stay, whoever answered the phone seemed rather snarky. The location of the hotel is second to none. Times Square and Penn Station were extremely close, and there were many dining and shopping locations within a block of the hotel. The bottom line is that this is a 2 star hotel. Its cheap, and thats what you're paying for. Its impossible to expect 4-5 star service in a place where it quite simply is not going to happen. If you accept it as a 2 star, then you will find no issues with it. As it does what it needs to do perfectly. I would definitely stay there again!
3 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
Adam
"After Unusually Long Check-In, Hotel Is OK"
Entered lobby at 8pm on a Tuesday evening(it also happened to be St. Patrick's Day)only to discover a check-in line of approx 30-40 guests, and only 3 staff to process them. Although my personal check-in took only about 5 minutes, the wait totaled 80 minutes! So be warned, if things like this drive you nuts, beware. Once I was checked in, all the staff were always very nice and helpful, and professional. The room was nothing special, but it was quiet, clean, the bed was comfortable, and the shower and toilet were fine. Would I recommend this hotel? Well, if you want to be right in mid-town at, for NYC prices, do it at a reasonable rate,and don't mind wasting time with crazy check-in lines, go for it. If you are looking for top-of-the-line accommodations, look elsewhere.
2 night trip Mar 17, 2015
"Cheap, good location"
Hotel is in a great location, and the price was outstanding. The lobby is very nice, although it was full of tourists at all times of the day. I would come back here if I needed to stay in midtown right next to Penn Station, and budget is my only concern. The room was small and shabby, the bed mattress worn and creaky, the heat extremely loud. However, everything was clean, and the employees were generally very helpful. The best thing about this hotel is it's across the street from Penn Station / Madison Square Garden.
3 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
Jeremy
"Worst night in a hotel"
This hotel was absolutely disgusting. It's certainty dated however age doesn't matter the upkeep is what matters and this hotel has not been kept up to par. The hotel smelled of urine in the hallways, very dark and unwelcoming. The night we checked in the receptionist swipes my credit card charging me for a room that we soon found out had no running water. They failed to inform us of this before they tool our money. We went to speak with the manager about a discounted rate, feeling as if it was unfair to pay full price for a hotel that didn't offer full amenities. The manager was not compromising at all. He replied "I won't change the rate but I can refund you the money and you can leave." It was 2am in the morning and we had no running water, the room smelled horrible, there was no heat, and the walls were very dingy with marks and yellow drippings all down the walls. The location was great however, right across from Madison square garden, but I'd much rather walk a little farther than to stay here ever again. Worst hotel I've ever stepped foot in from the appearance, the service, to the rooming. HORRIBLE
1 night trip with friends Mar 23, 2015
Shenika
"don't stay at hotel penn.."
Doorman Brian was great! But long lines to check in plus room was garbage. Hard bed, old tv, holiday in is on 26th and 6th. Way better choice.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2015
rachael
"Hotel"
Staff was great.
2 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
Lorry
"Old Hotel, Great Location"
My partner and I were in NYC for 5 days for a holiday when we stayed here. Let's be honest... it's an old "fashioned" hotel that needs to be updated. It was the most historic and outdated hotel I've ever seen (that's still open for use today). HOWEVER, with that said the location could not have been any better and we did have a really pleasant stay. Bed was OK, heater was warm, NO WIFI, but it had everything we needed for our stay. Everything you could possibly want (times square, broadway shows, restaurants) was within walking distance. Otherwise a bus or cab around wasn't too bad. It was also useful that it was right where many main shuttle companies pick up and drop off from the airport. We'd stay again.
5 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Timothy
"Excellent room"
King-sized bed, excellent, clean, quiet room. Helpful, friendly staff. Across street from Penn Station, extremely convenient
2 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Bad"
Worst hotel in NYC
3 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Historical, but needs renovation & security"
Went to NY for the weekend & picked this hotel solely for its proximity to Penn Station. Happily it is smack dab in the middle of everything! Empire State is just a block away. Considering the history of this hotel, what we encountered was as expected of old NY. Yes, the hotel definitely needs a major renovation, but preserving the rich history is highly deserved. As much as I'll understand other people noticing the old carpets that need to be replaced, new TVs that may be beneficial, bathrooms that also need to be renovated, I was impressed by the hotel's keeping the old 1919 doors. They did renovate the elevators. The front desk staff was helpful. The only thing that may need to be scrutinized & put priority upon is the hotel's security! There is not much nor visible. Some random person just walked up to my niece baiting her in conversation as if he'd recognized her saying she was from the same floor of the hotel. My niece outsmarted him by saying she's not staying there, but instead just sought cover from the rain & was just waiting for somebody then when opportunity came, avoided this person by hiding behind a group of people going towards elevators. Having better visual security (not just one person sitting by the elevator bay) is highly recommended. In conclusion, location of this hotel deserves several stars, but needs a major renovation while preserving its rich history, & increasing hotel security.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Mary Joanne
"Budget Hotel"
Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute in New York and I loved the price of Hotel Pennsylvania. It wasn't expensive whatsoever. However, I paid online and never received an email saying I had to pay $100 once I got to the hotel. Thankfully, I had cash to do so. The room was okay. The towels had a funky odor. The bed was very comfortable. All in all, it was a nice stay, there were just a few things that threw me off guard.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2015
Sean
"Not Nice"
I went there for the NYC Half Marathon. My room was in bad shape. The mattress was easily the worst I've ever slept on. The hallway was a mess. There was a broken beer bottle in the hall and even after telling them was never cleaned up. My room was very noisy and i was not able to get good sleep. Don't think I'll ever stay there again. I should have asked for a new room.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2015
Lawrence
"BAD!!!!!!!!"
soooooooo BAD!! I won't recommend this hotel NEVER! if you wanna check in, you will have to wait for two hours cause I DID. They won't do any reaction for your inconvenience!! The rooms are too old and dirty.
3 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
"There are better places to stay"
The toilet was loud when flushed and came back up like a burp! I had to call hotel security the guys in the room next door were unruly at 2 a.m. they had a business center for internet but you had to pay extra to use the computers! Wont stay there again. You had to leave a $100.00 deposit before getting your room key.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2015
andrea
"Avoid the Penn"
Went for the Big East basketball tourney with my 2 boys. Great location across from MSG. Maybe the worst hotel I have stayed at. Rooms were terrible. Not clean, TV did not work right. Bathroom filthy with a shower head about 4 feet high, hardly useable. About one hour to check in as the place was packed and understaffed. If all you care about is convenience this is your hotel otherwise move on.
2 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
"March 2015 visit to New York"
This hotel is satisfactory. It is in a great location convenient to most popular tourist sites. At busy times, check-in can take more than an hour - more front desk staff should be provided at peak times. The standard of accommodation is quite basic and decor could do with serious improvement.
6 night trip Mar 6, 2015
MICHEALR
"Like its namesake state, a lost cause!"
This place is well and truly past its glory. Everything, apart from the lobby, is shabby. The room, the bathroom, the linen, the toiletries, the furniture, the upholstery. Add to that the fact that it took us an hour to check in thanks to a dog show that the hotel was hosting. It wasn't the kinda start to our Valentine's Day weekend that we had planned. The location, however, makes up for a lot of its flaws. I would avoid the hotel in future unless I needed to be in the midtown early in the morning and they were offering rooms for the price of the dirt that comes along with it.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Arnab
"Horrible hotel"
The shower was broken and worked horribly alternating between ice cold and steaming hot water in its own, when I got there, the check in line was long and slow, and I was greeted by a very rude receptionist when I finally got the the check in counter, also I reserved a room with s double bed and I ended up in a room with two single beds, unfortunately I cannot say a good word about this hotel.
2 night trip Mar 9, 2015
Kyle
"never staying again."
I got there and they didn't have my reservations, so I spent 2 hours on the phone until someone had my reservations. Lobby was beautiful but rooms were terrible. Carpet ripped up, dirty blankets, phone didn't work, broken window, tv was old and tiny.
2 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
"slow service at front desk"
There was one person working the desk last Friday night which made check in slow.
1 night trip Mar 6, 2015
Kerri
"not the best"
room was overall very worn and beat. 1 1/2 hours to check in. Unacceptable.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2015
"Review"
Okay hotel--It took 50 minutes waiting in line to check in---the hotel ought to hire more front desk staff. Upon check in to my room, I discovered the room had not been cleaned from the previous guest. The front desk staff were helpful in reassigning me an upgraded room.
2 night trip Mar 6, 2015
"Not bad"
It's always nice to stay at Pennsylvania hotel because it's accessible, and close to everything I look for. It could be better. I've stayed several times here, and if prices don't go too crazy, I'll stay here every month. However, some of the rooms are uncomfortable. The staff usually is very attentive, even though they are always really busy. I wish they could have loyalty discounts or something similar, since I've to travel every month, and always choose them. Prices were good for winter, let's see how crazy they get in spring.
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Good value for money, but needs hygiene"
The hotel is at a great location and within closing distance to the major attractions and most subway lines, even the building itself is historic! The downside is that we needed to constantly remind the housekeeper to vacuum and change the sheets, since she would not always do it. All in all, it was a good value for the price and it was relieving to have a private bathroom in the room (most hotels in that price range in NYC do not!)
6 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"Flight Cancellation last choice"
Had two flights in a row cancel, took a cab back to Manhattan to stay in this dump (I work across the street). It took >1 hour just to check in. The place is disgusting, the rooms look like they belong in the 80's, and the bed/bedding just outright sucked. Avoid unless you have no other choice.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Shawn
"good hotel"
It ok and coninient
4 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Radames
"stay away.."
Very low rate. Everything else was bad. Check in line was 45 mins. Room was very small. Its a student on a budget kind of place.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"Hotel Pennsylvania"
It took 45 minutes to check in... the staff was rude and the room was very outdated
1 night family trip Mar 2, 2015
"Everything its old"
Everything its old! And ugly
3 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
plutarco
"Highly disappointed"
This hotel was fealty. Paint chipped, cracks in the wall, shower dirty, and sheets were dirty. Would never go back.
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
"It's not worth the stay"
When i arrive in the room it wasn't any towels of any kind in the bathroom also the a/c was broken so the room was really cold they said they will bring me extra blankets... for the price i was so upset....
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"A night to remember in NYC"
It was interesting especially seeing the empire state bldg close enough from the 12th floor. Great view to time square and building up one of the twin towers.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Only stay if you JUST need a place to sleep."
Only stay here if you literally JUST need a place to sleep! Not ideal for weekend getaways or with a loved one where you might be in the room for longer than just to sleep. Had a funny smell, old everything, cracks in the walls and floor boards... Everything was pretty awful. But you can't beat the price or location! Perfect for friends going and not being at the hotel very often.
3 night trip with friends Feb 24, 2015
Shawna
"NO Free Wifi or internet connection"
The hotel is very conveniently located but overall the place is old and drab. The door has a broken bolt lock and when I called room service about this they were sending maintenance to look at it but no one showed up. I brought my laptop with me and was shocked to find a bill after my stay - the hotel charges $10/day for you to have wifi or internet connection. Baggage storage costs $5 cash.
2 night trip Feb 25, 2015
"Madison Square area"
Basic room but needs updated.
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"Bad day for employee"
At check in the lady maybe said 4 things to me. Never smiled at all. Quite rude. She was not like the others who were very friendly !!! I booked a king & rec'd 2 doubles. Asked for extra pillows in my reservation... Nothing.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
Theresa
"Hotel Penn is a stinker"
The shower head was 5 feet high. I'm over 5feet tall. I had to literally bend at the waist to take a shower. Awful place.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
richard
"good price"
the price is good and the service is good too!!!
3 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
gilberto
"Not cool"
Horrible. Bed so uncomfortable. No pillows and the rooms was just so ugly.!
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015