All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

2.7
    2.8
    2.5
    2.2
"I rated two star hotel"
The only thing that I rate great is that this hotel is nearest of the important places of N.Y.It so closed to the Madison Square Garden, but this hotel can be changed to one of five stars... The administration needed to remodeled it, please...
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Vivian
"Horrible experience! Depressing"
Dirty Bathrooms, hard beds, dirty sheets and lots of noice
11 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Jesus
"Skip this hotel"
Horrible Rooms. The carpets were spongy. Unclean & Unkempt like rest of the Hotel. Do they really expect people to come back? I guess there are enough unsuspecting customers, myself included, who but for the location select this Hotel. Do yourself a favor & find elsewhere to stay.
4 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Behram
"A Little Disappointed"
Upon trying to check in 45 min early was told it would cost $55, umm no way, so we lined up to be the first in line. Couldn't imagine why they would want a stampede at the front desk when the clock stuck 3pm. If rooms are ready, check them in.. just common sense to me. Five minutes later a man directed me to the front desk... to check in !!?? Told her 5 min ago it was going to cost me $55, where upon a manger said who told you that ?? I'm assuming those clerks work 3-11 and wanted no last minute guests to delay their departure ??? Also called down for four extra pillows [there were 4 of us], they brought us 2. Not happy about that.. Next night we had to request more towels and 2 more pillows, got one more pillow. Not happy. Requested a high floor with a great view. We were on the 9th Floor :( with a view of construction and a loud jack hammer well into the night ( not their fault )
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Anne
"You can find much better for the price!"
Towels were used and wet when I got to the room. The carpeting was stained and dirty. Curtains were only halfway attached and dirty. I had a King size bed so the room was a decent size for NY. Room smelled like it had some faint smoke residue. There were no power outlets by the bed with only an extension cord running to the lamps. It would be a decent place if it had new carpeting and was upgraded.
3 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
"An overall ok stay."
Stayed at Hotel Pennsylvania for over a week. The hotel is in a good location near shopping and Penn Station. Food was easy to get with all the food places nearby.The hotel itself was ok. The rooms could probably do with better décor. The pillows were flat as can be and had to request for extra pillows which I got. The tv channel selection was pretty good but the wifi was miserable! The reception kept dropping off and it was really frustrating to wait for a page to load. Also I had someone use my in-room phone and was charged when I checked out. Luckily I saw the charges and pointed it out to the receptionist. She kept saying phone calls were free, both international and in the US. So why was I being charged for calls that I didn't make. I wouldn't hv complained if someone made the calls and they didn't charge me. So be warned check your bill when you check out.
4 night trip Jul 12, 2015
"Great for walkers"
I was in town for a festival and this hotel was the perfect location. I was able to walk where ever I needed to and felt safe. Right across the street form Penn Station.
3 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
Zahra
"Poor hotel"
the hotel is well located next to the subway station, in madison square garden, several places to eat, near the macys store, but its facilities are very old, the room has no luxury, it is simple, the air conditioning is old and noisy, the bathroom is also old, but meets the basic needs that are bathing and using the toilet. the carpet is too old. So looking for a cheap and no frills hotel, it caters well.
5 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Jose Luiz
"Avoid this hotel if at all possible."
Rooms tiny and shabby, roughly what you might expect from a motel on the side of the highway in East Texas. Had to wait an hour in line to check in which has never happened to me before. Signed a form at check in which said check out was at noon then informed the next morning that check out was at eleven and was threatened with having to pay surcharge. Didn't bother waiting another hour in line for check out. Pay per view movies not working, no remote. Hotel is dreary and far outdated. Bathroom door handle was falling off and door wouldn't even close completely. I have never paid so much for a hotel and been so disappointed. The only thing and I mean the only thing this hotel has is location which is fantastic for tourists.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Mathew
"Bad experience"
It took one hour to check in! We were given a room and it's door would not open. We went back to reception and received another room. This time we were given a double bed instead of the king size we booked. Went to the reception again and we were told that as we arrived at night all king size beds were given away and our choice was to stay in an inferior room or find a different hotel (at 11.30pm). We took the inferior room. It smelled and it was terrible! The bed made all sorts of noise and we were given two double beds and had to sleep separately! The hotel staff could not care less.
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
"Not satisfied"
Took for ever to check in not enough staff. Some were very rude
5 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Rosaura
Our stay was amazing. From the start, the lady who checked us in made our whole stay even better. She was thr nicest person, very cheerful snd funmy! She even upgraded us from a double bedroom to a king size suite! even though we only stayed 1 night, we really enjoyed it.the rooms were perfect for my boyfriend and I. The bathrooms could be fixed up more but other than that the room was perfect! our view was the empire state building. We are definitely coming back!
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
Andy
"The reviews are true"
What they call a king sized bed is no larger than a double. Waited 45 minutes to check in and out, and the room temperature didn't get below 78 degrees. The location is wonderful, but if I knew that this is what I was walking into, I would have splurged on a more expensive hotel.
4 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
lindsay
"could have been better"
The location of this hotel was excellent. Times square steps away, fine resurants and shopping on every block My disappointment was with the hotel. We paid extra for the pen 500 which meant we had access to the complimentary continental breakfast and use of the computers in the lounge. Breakfast was to be served till 11 am. We arrived at 10.00 AM only to be told by a staff member that they ran out of food. The lounge was dirty, plates and left over food not cleaned up, jelly tins on the floor. Our tv only had 3 channels. Our room was not made up till after 6 pm, even though I had taken the Do Not Disturb sign off at 10 am. The pillows were lousy, when requested 2 more I never received them. I had to throw out my own trash and take my wet towels and leave them in front of the maids office. The hotel is old and the room we were in needed a complete make over. One side of the toilet hinge was coming off. The enamel on the bathtub peeling off, the lock on the door was loose and the rug was dark and dingy. The drapes were old and soiled. One thing I did enjoy was the diversity of travelers I met. I met an Australian, a family from Greece and even a famous dancer. So just for a place to sleep and perhaps strike up a conversation with a interesting person the hotel is fine. But if you want luxury and to be pampered then go else where
4 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
DIANE
"far from romantic"
Flat pillows Cockroaches Noisy
7 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
Sandra
"Great Location, Budget Friendly, Needs TLC"
Stayed about three years ago when catching an international flight out of JFK. Made the same run again last week. Hotel is uber convenient to Penn Station, making it super easy to get out to JFK. Yes, it is a very old hotel in need of some maintenance, so you have to manage your expectations. For the price and the location it is just fine. I live in a 150-year old home, so perhaps I'm more forgiving. True, the line is long when the trains come in, but it moves quickly. If you're looking for a place to lay your head while you spend the bulk of your time shopping, site seeing, or making connections to JFK, the Hotel Pennsylvania is decent. No frills. Just a shower and a bed for a reasonable price. A rare find in NYC.
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Sunny
The room decor is really dated and I'm tired of getting rooms that look out to a brick wall. However, I will go again because the customer service was great and the area is fantastic.
1 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2015
"very Disappointed"
I waited in line for over an hour to check in which was ridiculous. Then, at night when I returned to the room. both light bulbs were out and I had to go down to the front desk to get them replaced at 1am. The security person, who was helping the front desk staff, who were obviously understaffed, was very nice and helped me out. The TV was old and the room was not as clean as I would have liked.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"location, location, location"
great location but rooms old and tired - bad patch job bathroom, unclean grout and leftover hair bottom of shower and doors chewed up and painted over
8 night trip Jun 29, 2015
Jean
"Got price for location"
Great location. Bed was wonderful. Room was clean but walks needed paint. Bathroom small
3 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Judy
"Not an option. Does not worth the location."
Old without no type of update. The shower kept going from, too cold to extremely hot (I couldn't take a shower). terrible experience.
5 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
Antonio
"Outdated"
The room that we were initially put in was extremely outdated & dirty. Not at all what is shown on their website. We called the front desk to change rooms & they were accommodating.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
The hotel is nice, but not 'up to date' -- wifi was over $10/per day, sink was slow to drain, drawers in dresser wouldn't stay closed. But, staff was nice, everything was clean and the location was perfect!
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
Joanne
"Not going back there!"
I was going to cancel once I walked into the hotel. I could not and was very disappointed. My trip was a family planned. I had 2 rooms and I was quite embarrassed when my out of town family came
3 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Dont waste your time or money here..."
It took 45 minutes maybe even longer to check in. If you need to check a bag because your room isn't ready, you'll need to standing the check in line to pay for a $5.00 tag that you then need to go to the basement to store. retrieving my bag was answered by the bell hop with "you'll have to wait, I just went down there". I was lucky there was another bellhop that over heard that and got my bags. The hallway reminds me of something out of the Shining, kept waiting to see some twins appear or hear "Redrum, Redrum." A bit expensive for the quality of the hotel, really needs a make over, bathrooms are very old, need paint, shower head came up to my navel. It's in the heart of the city but there are other hotels for a few dollars more that are higher in quality, and in the same area. Spend the extra and have a better experience.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
"Don't go!"
Crowded, dirty and chaotic
3 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
Hotel customer service sucks. They are rude and they don't help you. They lines to check in and out are long. They take their time and do not care that there is a long line. Bad bad service!
4 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
"need paint and plaster"
short of towels and condiments
3 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
FRED
"You get what you pay for"
Hotel is certainly reasonably priced for mid-town Manhattan. And the lobby area looks good. Rooms are in pretty poor condition, with rusted fixtures, paint peeling, etc.
2 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2015
Albert
"Great location, old hotel."
Great location, old hotel, rooms need a paint job.
6 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Mauricio
Long, long wait to check in. Room furniture was outdated and severely dinged up. Bathroom was disgusting. The shower resembled the amenities at a discount gym. I would bring flip flops if you plan to shower there. Location is great, I guess that makes up for $170 a night for the poor room.
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Craig
"So-So Stay at the Hotel Pennsylvania"
When I checked in on Saturday night the front desk hotel clerk informed me that I had to pay a $100 security deposit [which would be returned to me after I checked out] This was on top of the $390 and some cents I had already paid for a 2 night stay. Naturally I protested this extra $100 security deposit fee and the front desk hotel check in clerk went to the back to speak to the manager, who decided to waive it for me. Overall it's a grand hotel,but kind of worn down in some areas, the hotel lobby hallway where my hotel room was located on and my hotel room. Being in such a high traffic, touristy area, this hotel is definitely overdue for an inside makeover or renovation. The first room I was given [Room 1301] the top latch did not lock properly. There was no alarm clock [as advertised] and the TV remote did not work. I called the front desk to inform them of this and ask to be given another room. I was informed that a bellhop would be by room 1301 to escort me to a different room. After about 2 more calls and 15 minutes had past, I picked up my belongings off the chair, locked room 1301 and went downstairs to the front desk. I explained the situation [for the umpteenth time] and was given a key to room 1311. This room was slightly better[the door locked properly , it had the alarm clock and the tv worked] but the bed had a noisy mattress so everytime I moved or tried to get comfortable it made this loud rustling sound.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2015
Hope P
"stay away!"
>>>>>DONT BOOK HERE!!!!!!<<<<<<< I own a small boutique hotel so I'm always very patient and polite, i travel often and spend a lot of time in hotels. Layers of dirt, found shoe boxes, garbage container full of garbage, the beds are broken, the carpet is infuse with the finest filth you can find in NYC the wall most like serve as a cemetery for rats and the smells is so bad. Management is obviously non existent.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Nelson
"Don't bother. Not worth your time."
Took an hour to check in. Then the first room I was sent to had no beds in it. Got moved to another room. Which ended up being a non smoking room after I requested smoking room. Then moved a second time to a smoking room which was half the size of the other two rooms. Left it at that till I checked out. And car valet tried changing prices compared to what's printed on ticket. Overall. Not a good stay and will not try this hotel again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Connor
"Great value & close to Penn St. and Braodway"
Good value when you come in by train to Penn Station. Short walk to Broadway, MOMA, and public transportation. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, this is not it, but room was clean and wifi working well. check-in took almost 45 min as they were understaffed.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
stefan
"Good for the price in Manhattan..."
Location, Location, location !!! Little old but rooms are big for the city...new hotels have the room of the size of a typical restroom...not in here!!!
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
"2015 NYC"
Room was very hot due to AC not working correctly, wife loved the room due to old antiquing part of hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Worst hotel service I've ever had"
First the lady at the front desk never greeted me. She was like "Name." Maybe it's a New York thing. Then they could not find both my hotels.com bookings. (I had two under the same name.) We wanted to dump off our luggage quickly and get out to a show, but the bell desk told us we had to get a ticket from the front desk to do that, which meant waiting in the huge line we were trying to avoid -- AND the luggage service closed at 7 PM. Then they gave me keys to a room that had people in it! I had to leave due to being late, so I called while I was walking in the city. The operator transferred me three times to the front desk before they picked up, only to be told "Front desk, hold please." They never came back. The same thing happened any time I tried to call down to the front desk for a question, a wakeup call, etc. They would literally never answer the phone. If you went down to the front desk, there was always a huge line. They are clearly understaffed. The room was ancient. The doors proudly display that they were the original valet doors, which means they are ancient. The tubs finish is worn off. The windows would barely open. The bed was comfortable and the TV worked. So there's that. It is also really close to Penn station -- right across the street.
2 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
W Curtis
"HORRIBLE"
HORRIBLE !!! I had to wait in line a hour and half just to check in . The clerks took FOREVER just to check someone in . The Room look horrible look like a horror movie . I would not recommend this hotel to no one , it cheap but you get what you pay for . This is not your typical hotel fantasy , I dorm is better then what I just experienced
1 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
Schmindy
The room was ok it's ok for an overnight stay I wouldn't stay any longer
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Roseann
"Bad bad hotel"
It was a bad stay at this hotel . I got there around 2 pm and was charged extra money for getting the room before 3 . Hotel was bad . Room smell .
1 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
Lamar
"Run away."
I was very displeased with my stay at the hotel. The hotel pictures are extremely deceptive. The room had no cable TV, the doors on the cabinets were falling off, the in room hvac units were out-dated and left my room damp feeling, the wireless internet was slow, the common areas of the hotel are out dated and worn, the bathroom was disgusting and old. The best part of the hotel was the location and having a gym to work out next door.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
"A non-reviewers nightmare"
I never write reviews, ever, because I feel that people can be too judgmental and fussy, and are generally over reacting. NOT HERE THOUGH. If you life cockroaches and imagery similar to The Shining, than you will probably love the place. If you are looking for just a room to sleep in with average comfort, and no frills, this is NOT where you want to go. I never expect extravagance when I stay in hotels, but I do like to feel comfortable being barefoot, and looking at the bathroom. It's a very old building, and historically, it's very interesting. But when it comes to spending the night here, go literally anywhere else. ANYWHERE.
4 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
Allison
"Horrible Hotel"
The staff checking us in was rude. I have one adult and two children (16 YOA) with me. The staff only provided one complimentary continental breakfast ticket. When I questioned him about having three persons in my party he stated only adults receive the complimentary continental breakfast. When we got into out room the bathroom had bugs all in it. The shower curtain needed to be washed as there was mold and mildew all over it. One of the shower tiles was missing. The tub needed to be resurfaced as it was peeling away. The paint throughout the room was chipping off the walls and the crown molding. I will never use this hotel again and your services. Your services should be filtering/auditing hotels you are adding to your repertoire.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"The most terrible stinky bad hotel in NYC"
Its a horrible place. Please sleep on the benches on the curb but do not check in here. Stinks horribly, never cleaned... Nightmare. I believe they are renovating it. They need to demolish the whole building and redo again. Do not get in here even if it is free.
1 night trip with friends Jun 22, 2015
Indu
Great location! Hotel is outdated but is in the process of being renovated. Lobby is gorgeous. Hotel has gift shops, travel assistance desk, restaurants, coffee shop, etc on main floor. Staff was friendly. No checkin or checkout line at our arrival and departure. Would definitely stay here again.
4 night trip with friends Jun 18, 2015
"I was scared to be in the room."
These rooms look like they have not been remodeled since the 1900's. The hallways and rooms need to be more lighted.
3 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Alejandro
"Very nice, decent price!"
The Hotel Pennsylvania is a nice hotel, very convenient to Penn Station. The price was reasonable for NYC and close to many attractions and shopping. The rooms were clean but the carpets were dingy.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
David C
"Dont stay here!"
Not a good hotel experience. it took us a looong time to check in AND to check out. the personnel was sooo slow, there was some people in line, but still... I would have given them 0 on service, but there was one very nice man there, which made it a 2. the other ladies working there... ;( old hotel, to big. Overall I will never go there again. No internet in the lobby.
1 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
"Noncomplainer complains"
It took over 30 minutes to check in. There was a sizable puddle of water on the floor in the roped-off check-in line that was not cleaned up during that 30 minutes. Once in my room I noticed that the carpet had not been vacuumed -- and worse -- sheets, soap, shampoo, tissue and the shower curtain had all been piled up on the bed. I called Housekeeping and was promised that they would respond. I had to leave for a dinner appointment, returned three hours later (about 11 p.m.)and the room had not been touched. I called Housekeeping again and a man arrived within 10 minutes. His attitude was: Everything is here, why didn't you just put the room together yourself? WHAT? I've had negative stays at this hotel(?) before, but never this bad and absolutely NEVER AGAIN!
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015