All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

2.6
    2.7
    2.5
    2.2
"Good location, bad hotel and service"
45 minutes to checkin and there were 6 people ahead of us. One person working the checkin. Clearly more in the back but none would help. I called the hotel to request more checkin help and was told "this is our shift change, and this time of year is slow so they've cut back staffing" no apoligies or offers to try and right. Overall I would say this hotels service was unacceptable. The housekeeping staff, however, was very nice and accommodating.
2 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2016
theodore
"Deplorable Penn"
Torn carpet. Tiny flies in the room. Broken bath tikes. Bathroom door frame rotten at the base. Darker room to hide the dirty nature of the carpet
7 night trip with friends Jan 19, 2016
"Convenient"
Quiet fun night.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2016
Francisco
Clean small room. Very old looking tho, needs renovation. Good price for a single night. Good location right in the city.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2016
I have to go regularly for family and friends--and fun. Hotel Pennsylvania suits my needs beautifully. Thanks.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
"Very basic"
The room is good only for the bed to sleep. The shower had no pressure at all. This is a very basic hotel room just to sleep and wash up before you begin your day. However the location is amazing. This is right across the street from MSG. If you want to sightsee then this is the place to stay. If you want a room to feel pampered in and a day to stay in, this is not your place.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2016
Diana
"Great location and price. Terrible rooms."
Great location and price. Terrible room condition, 1 hour check in because of too few employees at the counter, disgusting bathroom. I would probably stay again if I was in a pinch and needed a cheap room in a great location... However, I will probably pay 30-50 more next time to get a room with a clean bathroom.
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
alexey
"Oudated, but good price for the convenience"
Hotel is really outdated. Rooms are huge for Manhattan but the beds are awful uncomfortable and make lots of noise when you turn. I cannot believe this hotel still have those big box tv's. Bathroom was ok, lots of closet space. Service at the front desk is really slow. stayed in like for 50min for check in. They have about 10 computers in the front desk to help guest, but only have 3 people working.
2 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
Santos
"Great Location but you get what you pay for."
The Television would not change off CNN. But room is in great location for everything in midtown. If your looking for a place to rest your head for cheap, then this is a hotel for you!
1 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2016
"Old great hotel"
Great Hotel location
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2016
Dorota
"The worst hotel in NYC"
The worst hotel I have ever stayed in NYC. Rooms were dirty, towels seemed to be used before. I'm so concerned since I feel my be has bed bugs. I saw some working girls in the lobby! Stay away from this place.
1 night trip Jan 14, 2016
Very old Hotel. Doesn't seem to be managed well. Hair Dryer was broken, carpet looks old not clean. Nothing is good other than location.
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2016
Yoohyun
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
This hotel should be condemned - the rooms were horrid, bathroom a disgrace- rusted Mouldings, peeling paint, closet from the dark ages- not even a rod to hang clothes on. Breakfast was a joke- no fruit, day old bagels and cereal. Room was small and was like staying in a homeless shelter. I heard this place will turn into a high rise so there is no impetus to improve it. One good thing - we didn't get bed bugs.
3 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
jean
Didn't like the fact the you cannot check in until 3pm unless you would like to pay $40 to check in earlier ( other hotels is check in by noon) you have to check out by 11(it's noon anywhere else ) of course there's a charge to stay later but if you do check out on time and have all day to wait for your flight there's a charge for you to leave your bag at the desk. The room had a lot to be desired, wasn't what I would normally stay in but it I was there for one night, paint falling off the roof with dampness , window wouldn't close properly and the heat had to be left on continuous but had a great nights sleep , bed was clean and comfy
1 night trip Jan 8, 2016
It works for 1 night...wouldn't want an extended stay
1 night trip Jan 1, 2016
It sucked
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2015
Old building we booked double room yet they gave us single room that we could hardly move. Breakfast was terrible and no one cared to refill the food. Don't recommend at all
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2015
nadine
"RUNNN!!!!!!"
Room was nothing like what was pictured. The parking was $53 per night unlike the $35 that hotels.com advertised.
3 night romance trip Dec 24, 2015
Ashley
"Overpriced"
The room was filthy and dusty. The room service, horrible: all of the light bulbs were out and they took forever to come fix them. We were in the dark for the first night because they completely ignored our request. I also called room service because the vending machine wasn't working and I lots money, they gave me the worst attitude. This hotel is waay too overpriced considering the size of the rooms, they customer service, and how dirty it is!
3 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Not that great.
2 night trip Dec 7, 2015
DENNIS
"Do NOT get there early"
I don't know of any other hotel where they had a room available but charged me $40 to check in 2 hours early... Their 3pm check-in time is just to get extra cash from you.
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2015
Christopher
"Beware .. Hotel is awful"
The worst experience! This hotel does not project the rooms correctly ... Dirty and outdated Would not recommend this hotel to anyone
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
Phyllis
"Horrible Stay"
You can tell this hotel is just not cared for. It needs a serious update. The room doors look like the tops of coffins. Really ran down hotel. Water kept scalding us in the shower. Bed was like sleeping on a board. Horrible stay!
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2015
"Unannounced $35 fee to check in 2 hours early !!!"
We got off the train from Boston and asked to check in about 1 pm. We were charged $35 per room for an "early check-in fee" because we were two hours early. I have never heard of such a thing. And this was after we waited in line for 30 minutes. Hotel needs to be refreshed. Good location.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
"Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in"
We were attending a concert at the Madison Square Garden and we wanted to be close to the hotel. Being this a very busy time of the year all we found available was the Pennsylvania Hotel but the rooms from the website looked okay so we booked two rooms. The Hotel is extremely crowded and there are long lines to check in. The Lobby is deceiving as it gives you the impression that the hotel is not as bad as it really is. The hallways a very dark and old, they give you the impression of a haunted hotel which for me was okay but my three teenager daughters did not want to stay there. The rooms were horrible; very depressing, old, dirty with a tiny window in a corner. The bathrooms were all rusted and the doors broken. We just could not stay there. I went down to the reception and I asked for a room like the ones in the website photo gallery. They upgraded us from the 5th Floor to the 11th Floor. The rooms were a bit better. At least the window was a normal size window and on the center of the wall. The Bathrooms were still very old but at least they had painted over the rust. I would never ever stay at this hotel again. Oh, and by the way, if you check out and you need to leave your luggage stored while you go sightseeing the charge you $5.00 per piece of luggage no matter how small you bags are.
2 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
"Bad customer service"
Upon leaving the elevator, there were some individuals smoking weed in the hallway, and the smell entered our room. We called the front desk, and they had the nerve to give us attitude for bothering them!
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
Emil
"GREAT VALUE HOTEL"
I was very satisfied with my stay at the HOTEL PENNSYVANIA....for the money it was exceptional..especially the front desk service...check in ....two service calls for TV remote problems..handled quickly and professionally.. OVER ALL very good value...the location of course was exceptional
2 night trip Dec 13, 2015
Roger
"UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE"
Room very SMALL. Hard to walk around the king size bed with dresser in front of it. Room very OLD. Pealing paint on walls. Old bathroom. Tiles on shower floor painted & chipped. I put a hand towel down to step on in the shower. Blackout liner behind the window curtain very dirty-very old. No air conditioning - got window open 6". Old tv-big(not a big deal). Booked 3 rooms for 3 nights. Could not get them all on same floor. Can't wait to get one of their updated rooms! Stayed there 3 yrs. in a row.
3 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2015
Mary Jo
Good
6 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
"Hotel Pennsylvania - Convenient Location"
Overall - acceptable for a crowded weekend in NYC with low room availability. Hotel is old so adjust your expectations accordingly. Bed was uneven, and noise (music/car horns) outside of Madison Square Garden clearly heard. These potential concerns are overcome by enjoying the city and being too tired to care by evening. Convenient to Amtrak, and direct walk up to Times Square.
2 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2015
"family New York as every year"
It was ok for the cost of the night.
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
YADAMI
Room was horrible.. not clean.. had to leave the window open for circulation.. the lobby is not indicative of the rooms..
3 night family trip Dec 10, 2015
Nannette
"Good bang for your buck"
Very affordable option. Great location. Lots of space in the rooms. On the downside: rooms outdated, no public restrooms in the lobby, staff is not always friendly, breakfast is not worth $10 a person, there are better options for breakfast in the area.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Alexander
"Better Places to Stay"
I stayed at this hotel about 5 years ago. I don't think they've made a single update or fixed anything since then. The walls in the hallway are plastered without paint. The floor of my bathtub was actually patched in about 12 locations with all of the patches peeling. Overall the rooms were pretty clean but the whole place is just very run down and out of date. The beds are very cheap but manageable. The only nice part of the hotel is the lobby. I stay around MSG every 6 weeks for work. There are definitely much nicer hotels for either the same price or slightly more. I'd only stay here if everything else was sold out.
2 night business trip Dec 11, 2015
Trevor
"you get what you pay"
been here, took it just coz price is a bargain for this time of year with most of time being out of hotel around areas
1 night family trip Dec 10, 2015
"Good location by Penn Station"
Wonderful location. Older hotel. Beautiful lobby. No wifi in room or coffee pot, both of which we missed. The room was small.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Furniture drawers were on functioning. We were advised we would have a room with view. The view was a solid brick wall. Didn't matter as the window was so dirty couldn't see out anyway.
3 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2015
Wow, this hotel is terrible on nearly every dimension. I'm amazed it passes health inspections (does it?). Even the service is terrible. The only redeeming factor is the location. I've never been so excited to check out.
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2015
"Location = ideal. Room quality = unpredictable"
meh.....
2 night business trip Dec 6, 2015
Matthew
Hotel is old and in need of updating. Room was adequate bur small. No coffee/tea maker in room. Continental breakfast was minimal at best.
3 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
"Easy to get to and great location."
We stayed 3 days. We were able to check in early. They held our bags for us the day we departed so that we were free to roam around the city without our bags in tow. The location was great. We came in by train to the Penn station. The hotel was located right across the street. The room was fine. We were in a great location. We were satisfied with our stay. We plan on going back to NYC in the spring. We will be staying at the hotel for that trip as well.
2 night romance trip Dec 9, 2015
Jay
"Fine. Just fine."
The room was dark-lit by the window and two lamps. There was no bent in the bathroom, and the a/c was broken so the room was hot. The room itself had everything we needed.
2 night family trip Dec 9, 2015
"Cheap and good location."
We arrived about 3:30 pm to be told that it would take about an hour in line to check in. We were able to check our bag for $5 so we could make an appointment, and came back at 11pm to check in. Later, overheard a desk clerk telling a complaining customer: "The hotel is very old but most of our customers like it because of the price and the location." That's about all you can say for this hotel: cheap by NYC standards and a good location. Everything else, not so much.
2 night romance trip Dec 9, 2015
W
"Old, adequate, great location"
Hotel is historic. Great location. Old but clean. bathrooms tiny value for Midtown. Would stay again (but my wife wants a bigger bathroom so she will want to look for a more modern hotel next time).
3 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
it was brief
1 night trip with friends Dec 8, 2015
"sketchy"
The room was dirty and not comfortable. Had zero amenities and some of the staff was rude.
2 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2015
Theresa
Temperature was uncontrollable. One time hot other time very chilly. Thermostat did not help. Bathroom sink did not have a stopper to hold the water. The cold water faucet was broken and very hard to turn on and off. Trying to print boarding pass for our return was impossible. Machine was down and no cards could be obtained for several hours. The fact that you have to pay for printing your boarding pass is unacceptable. I can understand paying for internet to surf, or check e-mails, etc., but to print boarding passes, total unacceptable. Finally went to another hotel and printed our boarding passes free of charge. Hallway carpet needs cleaned badly or even better replaced. Location was good and our housekeeper was great.
3 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2015
"The trap hotel"
The hotel needs a complete overhaul, great location for shopping and site seeing Besides that I wouldn't stay there again
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
Rawle
"Room 1210 IS HORRIBLE"
DO NOT GET Room 1210. Carpet is dirty and worn. Open telephone wires. And the worst of it all, it sets behind the main elevators. Not only do you here them open and close, you hear them as they go up and down their shafts. It sounded like heavy furniture was constantly being moved. Quick stay visit but never here again despite it godd location.
2 night romance trip Dec 7, 2015