All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Bad internet service
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
"The rooms are out dated. They need to be remodeled"
My stay was good. The room is out dated. The bathroom was dirty and very old The pillows are very bad.
Business trip Apr 17, 2016
Oscar
"Great staff"
Raymond at the front desk went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. I will return to this hotel next time I'm in NY just because of Raymond. Great job!!!!
Family trip Apr 16, 2016
Ricardo
"Rustic hotel conveniently next to Penn Station."
The hotel is older and could use an upgrade, but it's still a great place to stay. If you're arriving or departing by train, the hotel is conveniently located across 7th Avenue from Penn Station, so it's got easy access to Amtrak, LIRR, NJ Transit, and the NYC subway. The room was cozy yet comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. :)
Other trip Apr 16, 2016
I killed 2 roaches..A/C heater didn't work properly..Had a smell about the room..Carpet was old
Family trip Apr 15, 2016
paula R.
"Unfit for humans."
The room was a non smoking room but it was filled of old cigarettes smoke. The carpet was threadbare, the tub was filty. I am 52 years old, this is the worst hotel I stayed in, in my entire life so far. This room is not fit for humans.
Family trip Apr 15, 2016
Rupeshwar
"Great bang for your buck."
Stayed for a concert at MSG. Great place to stay if you're attending any event there.
1 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2016
"nice area big entrance small room"
big lobby ugly room
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2016
david
"OUTSIDE OF LOCATION AND PRICE NOT TO GOOD"
GREAT LOCATION STAFF NOT TOO FRIENDLY CHECK IN TIME WAS A 40 MINUTE WAIT GOT THERE EARLY ASKED IF THERE WAS A ROOM READY NO ONE WOULD EVEN CHECK HALLS WERE DIRTY ROOM WAS OK
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2016
david
"Good Value"
I was attending an event at the Garden so I choose the Pennsylvania. I was nervous because of some negative reviews. I did have to stand in line for about 1/2 hr to check in but once I reached the desk everything was better than expected. The clerk was more than pleasant and upgraded me to a king. The room was NY small but appeared to have been upgraded. Good bath and shower. Slept well. Excellent value would stay there again
1 night trip Mar 31, 2016
Our only complaint was there were not enough electrical outlets and the one outlet we could reach under the desk had all the plugs in it and when we tried to plug our phone in, the whole outlet moved into the wall and sparked. It was room 1318 and I did report it.
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2016
Renee
"Grand Old Railway Hotel"
I love the international clientele - you get to meet people from all over the world. I also appreciate the historical significance of one of the great railway hotels of times gone by. It must have been magnificent before the destruction of the original Penn Station. The hotel staff get full marks for friendliness and efficiency.
1 night trip Apr 7, 2016
Location is excellent. Room can be improved.
7 night family trip Apr 2, 2016
Nghi
"Stay At Hotel Pennsylvania"
Room was not at all good. Neither in comfort nor in anything.
1 night romance trip Apr 9, 2016
Mukesh R
"Do not stay here."
Blood on the sheets. No soap in the bathroom (shower or sink). Lights didn't work. Dank. Do not stay here...
1 night business trip Apr 7, 2016
"Horrible"
The mattress blanket was stained and the air conditioner didn't work without being extremely loud. The bathroom walls were dirty with something running down them that wasn't cleaned. The bed creaked every time I moved and the cable on the tv kept cutting in and out.
1 night romance trip Apr 9, 2016
Brynn
"Sweet stay!"
The room was small. Bathroom is tiny, but shower was great. Awesome location. Check in and check out was fast and easy. Very competent and friendly employees.
4 night family trip Mar 28, 2016
Albert
"Worn out"
need rwnovation- rooms, carpets, bed,tv Bathroom
4 night trip Apr 5, 2016
"Grimey!"
I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I have traveled the world for the last 25 years on business and this hotel is worse than those in Southeast Asia. For an American hotel in the heart of NYC, I would be embarrassed to allow anyone to stay there if it were my business.
2 night business trip Apr 6, 2016
"Hotel Pennslyvania or Bates Motel, you decide."
Most disgusting room I have ever stayed in. The room stunk of cigarette smoke and body odor. The furniture was broken and non-working. Drawers were falling out, paint was chipped, cracked, and filthy. There were holes in the walls and the ceiling was falling in. The bedding was from 1972 at best. The bathrooms have not been updated since the 30's and I don't mean in a Art Deco kind of way. The room walls were bare revealing aged walls in desperate need of paint and speckle. The room was facing a busy street and we were stuck with a 40 foot high electronic screen shining in our window all night. Their were no black out curtains so it was bright as day all night long. The free wifi didn't work either. Save your self and don't stay here.
1 night romance trip Apr 8, 2016
"Barely fair but acceptable for small budgets"
As with most things, with this hotel, you get what you pay for. For around $100 in midtown, I have low expectations, and the hotel didn't even meet those. I expected a small, old room with only one lamp for lighting, small cheap towels, and no view. I didn't expect to have to wait 35 minutes at midnight for an electrician to bring light bulbs for that lamp, a shower that through poor installation and zero water pressure was rendered useless...nor housekeepers that chatted nonstop at such loud volumes that sleep was disturbed. However, the person at the front desk was lovely! Recommended for very tightly budgeted folks who sleep soundly and don't mind sponge baths.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2016
Very dirty room
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2016
"Huge disappointment. Don't let the rates fool you."
Didn't allow my daughters and I to spend a night at this hotel. Thankfully, my hotels.com agent was able to get me a full refund and rebooked me a block down the street. Filthy carpet, three twin beds from the 70s, thin pillows and sheets, no decor of any kind, and the tub enamel was worn and disgusting. They sucked me in with cheap rate...now I see why. Huge disappointment after a very long travel day.
1 night family trip Apr 6, 2016
"For the price and location it's ok"
Hotel very old in rooms. Great location but noisy as heck wherever you are. For 100 a night it was worth it. No bedbugs no mice lol made sure to check despite reviews. Overall it was a ok stay.
2 night romance trip Mar 31, 2016
"Not impressed"
No air conditioning at all. Room was not nice or quality. No view from window. Shower was not consistent in temperature, it went from freezing to scalding, back and forth.
4 night family trip Mar 30, 2016
I swear the worse experience I have ever had in my life. The room was very dirty. I have pictures. Disaster
6 night business trip Mar 28, 2016
Nail
"Terrible"
This hotel is a dump! The hotel is nothing like the pictures. It is dirty,old and ran down. I was embarrassed that I booked it for my friends & I Next time I rather sleep on the street. I will never use these hotel or website again. I feel lied to.
1 night trip with friends Apr 2, 2016
Great. Staff superb
3 night business trip Mar 31, 2016
Not Provided
"Please give this hotel a chance!"
This is the second time my family has stayed here for vacation, so that should tell you something! From my 2 experiences the rooms are clean and there are no bugs! What else could you possibly expect for the price! Once again we did not have to wait in a long line to check in, but we arrived at 10am on a Tuesday. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. $5.00 per bag to stow your luggage is a bargain! And the guys in the baggage room are very nice and friendly. And we tip them! But we chat with them, so they chat with us. It's all in the attitude you have yourself! Walking across the street to the train station couldn't be easier and more convenient! Please give this hotel a chance. It is a little worn down and in need of repair on the room floors, but the building is over 100 years old! We stayed on the 4th floor this time and had more road noise than before when we were on the 9th floor. And I'd forgotten about people on here saying that the upper floors had maybe been renovated. But the 4th and 9th floor rooms were exactly the same! But the higher floors would definitely be quieter and have better views. Try the Blarney Rock Pub on 33rd!
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2016
"Be aware of Bed Bugs!!!"
Be aware there is bed bugs in the room. I was bitten very badly, my arm swollen for 3 days because of the bite....
1 night business trip Mar 28, 2016
dirty dingy room, poor service
Response by Hotel Pennsylvania
Write your comment.Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Please be advised that management will be discussing your review with the appropriate team members and taking action. Again, we welcome your feedback and are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced.
4 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2016
Cyrus
"Awesome Express Check-out"
I was only there one night. The express check out was awesome.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2016
Gregory M.
"Not worth the price"
Two times that I stayed here they didn't (and still haven't) returned my deposit back wich is over 200 dollars and they had me wait over 40 min. For a replacement room key card
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2016
Maryann
"I will stay here only for location!!!"
A/C not working. When I called for service they told me to open the windows (like NYC is not noudy enough! What a joke!!). The water changes temperatures in seconds.
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2016
"Horrible customer service"
HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I CANCELLED THE RESERVATION FROM LOBBY
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2016
Harlan
"close to every thing"
I went to new York for the iron maiden concert at Madison square garden. the hotel for me was great. will stay there again
2 night trip Mar 29, 2016
george
"Hotel penn"
We booked a room for after a concert at msg so hotel was super convenient for penn sta and msg. We had an older room- ac didnt work and room was stifling, pillows were flat and bed uncomfortable. Room was desparately in need for renovation. Towels were tiny, thin and not enough. Have stayed in renovated room and that was much more acceptable. I love this hotel for convenience but its hard to pay 300+ for a room that needs renovation
1 night family trip Mar 30, 2016
Pamela
Good room, clean & comfortable. Never received the free breakfast that was supposed to be included. Paint was peeling off the bathtub and the tub stopper was dry rotted
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2016
Erin
"Great spt"
Stunning first floor, very ancient room. On the bright side, it made us stay out in the city later because we wanted to spend less time in the room. Price was low, but the room was dull and old.
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2016
"A great deal in the big apple"
This property frequently get bad grades because it's not new or fancy. I have stayed here for the last 5 years on my trips to New York, and each year it has improved. My most current visit was excellent. The staff at the registration desk was friendly and very accommodating. My room was large, clean and comfortable. My only complaint was my inability to really control the temperature in the room. You can't beat the great location this property has. The cleaning staff was efficient and prompt. I think for the money it's the best deal in Manhattan.
3 night romance trip Mar 23, 2016
Roy
"Nice...but"
Wish I had had more time to stay. We did have to wait several hours to receive linen and blanket for folding couch bed. Desk staff and doorman were very helpful.
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2016
"Are you going to visit the hotel or the city?"
The hotel pennsylvania was a majestic, and luxurious place in its heyday, but today it seems that the hotel has not been receiving all the attention it requires. It is noticeable that all the carpets, the bathroom fittings, the lighting fixtures are very old and need to be replaced. Many of the taps are leaking and the carpet is a terror to those who are allergic. But despite these problems the hotel could not be better located. It is close to the theaters of Broadway, good restaurants and all the attractions that all the tourists are looking for. Anyway when you go to a city like New York you do not expect to waste time in a hotel room, right? So, if you need a place to have a hot shower and get some sleep for a fair price, the Hotel Pennsylvania is the right place for you. Have Fun!
3 night romance trip Mar 24, 2016
Eduardo
"Please don't go to this hotel!!!"
It Was horrible!! The service, the cleaning, the wifi, the room, the people at the front office, everything was awful. And the most incredible thing: IT WAS A MOUSE IN MY ROOM!!! The worst hotel ever!
Response by Hotel Pennsylvania
Dear María José, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at the Pennsylvania Hotel. I am disappointed to see that we failed to exceed your expectations. I would like to sincerely apologize for any shortfall in our ability to provide you with the highest levels of service possible. We sincerley apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Kind regards, Peter Gallo Director of Front Office
5 night trip Mar 20, 2016
María José
If you are seeing something at MSG you are right across the street. Old hotel and could definitely use some updating. Served our purpose but would probably not stay again.
7 night romance trip Mar 14, 2016
Janis
"beds where hard"
good location
4 night romance trip Mar 16, 2016
Stan
"Don't even bother"
Stayed for one night on the 7th floor. The Lobby was nice however it was beyond outdated for my taste. I felt like I was in a motel the way things were. There was no water pressure in the shower so running water was impossible. It was runned down. I wouldn't recommend it to tourists even though it was across MSG. As a local New Yorker they need to update and upgrade this place. The price was decent. But never again I would stay here.
1 night romance trip Mar 23, 2016
Maureen
"Not that great"
Absolutely needs to be remodeled the rooms are old bathrooms are bad even for the pricier king size rooms they are bad. I regret not spending an extra $20 bucks to have gone to another place
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2016
Jovanny
"Thank goodness for its location, because otherwise"
The room was oppressingly hot and when i asked about it, they told me they wouldn't turn the AC on until "spring," which was 3 days away. The temp of the water would fluctuate by about 30 degrees, freezing and then scalding. I was there for an event at Madison Square garden, so its location couldn't have been more perfect. But this was a BAD hotel, especially for the price.
6 night family trip Mar 16, 2016
"Awful"
Absolutely terrible experience. First, they said my room had been canceled, because the manager ran my credit card prior to arrival. I explained I had booked my room 11 months in advance and chose the pay at hotel option. The check in guy confirmed my reservation and said he had me a room. They ended up scanning my credit card 3 times! Manager stated she had never had this happen before, but was sorry and couldn't reverse it. That she would put a stop payment on it,but my money on my credit card would be refunded in 5-7 business days. I was told there was nothing I could do but wait. I then entered my room which was not the renovated room I had booked. Due to manager pre running credit cards that he was not authorized, I lost my renovated room and was stuck in a filthy room. Sheets were stained yellow. Every "clean" towel we were given was a different shade of white. The tv magically turned to cnn everyday by itself! Took over an hour to check in. Checking out was 30 minutes. Had one lady by herself. Felt so bad for her. Then tried to charge me more than my actual reservation. After they charged me 3 times the original amount and froze my money. The manager I delt with upon check in was a nice lady and appolgized numerous times for the mistakes. I understand people make mistakes, but the simple fact another manager ran my credit card when he wasnt authorized. Which is ILLEGAL! Which caused me to lose my room and put off certain things I wanted to do in the city.
4 night business trip Mar 16, 2016
Joshua
"Worst Hotel Experience, Stay at Your Own Peril"
The hotel lobby is shabby. The rooms are repulsive. The bathroom tiles were worn and moldy. The cold water faucet didn't work on the sink. The wood around the bathroom door was rotted out and filthy. The toilet squirted water from the handle when it was flushed. The heater/AC was rusted and so covered with dust and rust it was awful. The carpet around the unit and the ceiling above it was covered with black mold. So much dust on the window valance, it couldn't have been cleaned in years. Fingerprints and dirt all over the curtains, disgusting. Sheets and threadbare blanket had holes. Sheets were clean, but stained and should not still have been in use. Woke up in the morning to random flies buzzing around the bathroom light. Immediately checked out and they refused to refund my second night, forget the night I stayed in the filthy place. Stay away at all costs.
2 night business trip Mar 22, 2016
Nicole
"A short but good visit to center of NYC!"
My visit was for the 2016NCAA Division I Wrestling Tourney at Madison Square Garden. Having the hotel so close was a plus and the area around the hotel had enough food places so that the people attending the tourney didn't have to travel far to eat. The hotel old but well kept up. The rooms large enough to be cormfortable. Staff was nice to work with. Had a good time!
4 night trip Mar 16, 2016