All hotels in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Bad pool
"Worn but Comfortable"
The breakfast buffet is terrific. The coffee was delicious & the service was great in the coffee shop. Free parking is great. The hotel is old & shows it's age. The room was clean & we were comfortable. But the rooms definitely need to be upgraded. Because this hotel is next to a small airport that is being closed, it was a nice quiet part of town with great views of the city's west side. The lounge is like a destination itself with a stream running around it, bridges, rock walls & live trees & plants (at least some of them were live). Being on the north side of the river & north of the downtown area is a little out of the way, but we got everywhere we needed to be (mostly on the south side) within 20 minutes or so. I would recommend this hotel.
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Thank you for your review of the Ramada Hotel & Conference Centre, it was great to read your review of the hotel. We pride ourselves on the condition, cleanliness and service we provide, although we will need a renovation in the future we continously strive to provide outstanding value to our guests. John Mytz General Manager
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
The prices were good The room was nice The breakfast was great Staff was wonderful had a good time
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Wendy, Thank you for your review of our hotel. It was great to read your comments and how you enjoyed your stay with us.
4 night trip May 16, 2013
Wendy

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Ok BUT"
Stayed at the Ramada on a Tuesday night because it is right down the street from the Royal Alex Hospital, location was great. Staff was friendly. However the hotel itself is lacking, needs to be updated aswell as the rooms. Managed to book a standard queen room for the two of us (the only option left) ended up spending $180 for 7hrs of sleep, room description was very misleading was supposed to have microwave/fridge with balcony didn't get any, window didn't work and the room was very hot. No "premium bedding" wires/electrical that are supposed to be in the walls are tacked on the outside. Didn't use the wifi, tv was ok, only a couple channels and weren't very good quality. We stayed on the 14th floor. Only upside from getting a very poor night sleep was the buffet breakfast. Next time I will find another hotel to stay at.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2016
"Weekend get away/concert"
We stayed 3 nights and booked the bi-level suite. When I booked the room said it came with a fridge, microwave, and coffe/tea machine however that was not the case it didn't even have a shower only a tub. We did ask for a different room for those reasons and they were very accommodating. We did go out for a night and when we came back my husband was carrying a bunch of stuff and fell coming in the east doors, a hotel staff came down to the doors and was very rude to him and because we couldn't remember our room number she didn't believe we had one so she followed us up there. I really don't think this was called for when you need to use the key card to get in the doors so we obviously had a room just couldn't remember the number only the floor. The hotel manager did give us a discount when we checked out for the room mess up and I thought that was very nice of her. I might stay at the hotel again just a bit hesitant because of the way we were treated when coming back from the one night.
3 night romance trip Apr 7, 2016
Cheryl
Using hotel for easy access to nearby eye clinic. An on going condition which will require subsequent attendance.
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2016
"Nightmare on Kingsway"
Service was terrible. Very short and rude and I even got hung up on when I was asking for extra blankets. Carpet is held by duct tape and stains all over. Charged for breakfast when I was told it was complimentary. Windy building and you can hear it shake the doors all the time. Super old box tv, and WiFi good luck getting it.
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2016
"Needs serious updating"
The hotel was adequate but very dated. Lobby carpeting was old , wrinkled and long past needing replacement, even had duct tape seaming obvious tears. Pretty tacky! Having said that the price was good for the room as we only needed a place to sleep. Doubt we would stay again. Check in and out staff was pleasant and helpful.
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge that our hotel could use a refurbishment in some areas and, besides the fact that we try to reflect this in our rates, it is my pleasure to inform you that our renovations have already started. We hope to have another chance to serve you in the future. Regards, Kate Volkmann Guest Experience Manager
2 night family trip Apr 5, 2016
Room was gross, cigarette burns in the couch. Stains all over the floor
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge that our hotel could use a refurbishment in some areas and I am delighted to inform you about our ongoing renovations: We have finished the renovations of our ballrooms and are moving on to our guest room floors and the lobby area shortly. We are looking forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future. Regards, Kate Volkmann Guest Experience Manager
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2016
Absolutely terrible, our room was connected to the back of the elevators and it sounded like a train going through our room half the night.
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your most recent stay with us. Please don't hesitate to contact our guest services team at your next stay with any concerns you have so we can make it right for you. We are looking forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future. Regards, Kate Volkmann Guest Experience Manager
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2016
Brenda
"Outstanding"
The past four stays have been due to visiting ill father in law. All staff are wonderful and so is the room. One thing I would change is having extra blankets for the beds. I got cold at night and not sure how to turn on the heat.
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future. Regards, Kate Volkmann Guest Experience Manager
2 night family trip Apr 1, 2016
Cheryl
"clean hotel near hospital."
Various family members stayed while one of our family was in hospital for surgery. Full buffet breakfast was not included with discounted room price but front desk staff added that for a small charge.
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Regards, Kate Volkmann Guest Experience Manager
4 night family trip Mar 21, 2016
Harold
"Quite good."
Only thing I did not like was the WiFi it was extremely poor.
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and choosing to stay at the Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre.Your compliments serve as inspiration for us to continue finding ways to enhance the guest experience. Your comments about our WIFI will certainly be shared and addressed with our leadership teams. We look forward to your return. Sincerely, Jotty Philip Guest Experience Manager
2 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2016
"Not the greatest place"
Lobby of hotel was beautiful, but our room was very old, dirty and the beds were terrible.
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest , Thank you for your Feedback.We take your comments very seriously and we acknowledge that our Guest rooms do need some refurbishment. it is my pleasure to inform you that our renovations have already started. We just finished renovating our ballrooms and are moving on to the guest room floors and the lobby area soon We are looking forward to another opportunity to serve you in the near future. Sincerely, Jotty Philip Guest Experience Manager
1 night family trip Mar 19, 2016
The staff were able to accommodate my request to have an early check in, aside from this I did not find the staff to be overly welcoming, friendly or approachable (with the exception of the waitress working in the lounge who was very friendly).
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future. Regards, Kate Volkmann Guest Experience Manager
2 night business trip Mar 18, 2016
Samantha
Our room was very hot and we were unable to control the temperature. The room was clean and quiet.
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest, I am very disappointed to read that your stay fell short of expectation. Please be assured that your comments have been shared and addressed with the concerned department so that we are able to move forward with the goal of exceeding the expectations of all our guests. We hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre . Sincerely Jotty Philip Guest Experience Manager
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2016
Basic room, fine if you just need to stay somewhere. But the room was very hot with no means to cool it down (when outside it was just above freezing) and the FiFi was so poor that it was essentially non-existent.
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our most basic goal is to ensure your utmost comfort and I'm truly sorry we were not able to do so for your stay. We have informed the concerned department of this matter. . We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back, and offer an experience that exceeds your previous stay at the Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre . Sincerely, Jotty Philip Guest Experience Manager
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2016
"Nice affordable hotel"
Very nice hotel. Only downside was the strong smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway by our room. We booked a non smoking room, but the hall smelled strong of smoke.
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Regards, Kate Volkmann Guest Experience Manager
1 night trip with friends Feb 23, 2016
"Nice, Clean hotel just poor WIFI"
Nice Hotel, stayed here before a few times. It's clean and used to include breakfast which made it a great deal, as the breakfast was very good. Now they have dropped the rates taken out the breakfast. No frills hotel that does the job for an overnight stay. The WIFI was very weak and barely usable on the fifth floor of the second building away from the main reception.
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to us at your next trip to Edmonton! Regards, Kate Volkmann guest Experience Manager
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
Moshin
"Meh"
I just needed a cheap bed in a clean room. The Ramada was a good location and I had stayed there in the past. Fit the bill. It lived up to expectations, but did not exceed them. The hotel is in need of renovations, but I'm happy the owners are holding off.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2016
"Not worth the $"
Not good. They have 2 different rates. If you pay the higher rate you get breakfast. If you don't, well......for an extra $10/person you can eat. With 4 people in our group and staying 3 nights, that would've been $120 more. The hotel is very dated. No pool, way the heck out in the boonies. Would not recommend it.
3 night family trip Feb 11, 2016
Janice
"Outdated, not worth the price"
Stayed here for a conference. Rooms are outdated and not worth the price. Would stay again as it was clean but only if the conference is being hosted again. Not somewhere I would choose myself. WiFi was terrible.
2 night business trip Feb 5, 2016
Rebecca
"It's ok for a place to sleep on your way through"
Pillows were very stiff! I slept without one.
1 night family trip Jan 29, 2016
room was small with old furnitures
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2016
Wally Quoc
"It's ok"
The kids wanted to go to WEM Galaxyland, it was about 10km away, which I knew when I booked. I think next time I will spend the extra couple dollars to be closer.
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2016
Anna
"Good Rates -TBD ?"
Hotel carpeting should be replaced, building old but does not have to look old !! Booked through Expedia with a very decent rate, hotel charged a deposit and processed the payment $68.00 higher than the actual cost. I have to wait a week to receive the deposit back, totally unacceptable.
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2016
"Outdated but good"
Room was good value, outdated but good. Old CRT televisions. Hallways look rundown but found the room to be in acceptable condition. Stayed in the tower section.
2 night family trip Jan 18, 2016
"Would never stay here again"
No HOT water on the Saturday - when I told front desk they were very casual and said that maintenance only gets in @ 7:00 then they will work on it - what about people who would actually like to have a shower before then? The maids commented that this happens quite often at this hotel. Keys are constantly demagnetizing for no reason - which means you constantly have to run to the front desk (inconvenient) and then the front desk staff are perturbed with you - I would just like in my room thanks. There are quite a few other hotels in the area for approximately the same price - try them first.
2 night business trip Jan 22, 2016
Lesley
"Hot Room - Lousy TV Channel Selection"
Room was very hot - no air conditioning! Only about 4 TV channels that weren't PPV and didn't have the greatest programming the night I was there!
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2016
Donalda
"stayable"
Was there for hospital visit.to us it was just a room
2 night family trip Jan 18, 2016
This hotel is a two star at best everything is very very run down. Would not stay here again
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
Dated but clean
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
Darren
"could be a great hotel"
Hotel needs a lot of cosmetic work and the place is very dated. Carpet seams held down by duct tape. common areas are freezing like the restaurant and workout room. Check in and checkout took a long time. Seems to be short staffed as every time I pass the desk there's a line up. Must say the food at the restaurant was excellent. Cannot order food from room though as no room service. And the coffee maker is single serve and only could make 2 small cups for a room for 6 people.
2 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
"Never stay there again"
no heat in room and outdated and old no extra blankets and front desk rude
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Guest, Thank you for providing your feedback after your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to see that we fell short of meeting your expectations.I I am sorry that the heater was not functioning properly in the room but I just want to point out that we do provide extra blankets and portable heaters upon request 24 hours. Our Front desk team is great in consistently offering the best solution when our Guests come across unlikely situations like this. I do sincerely apologize that we did not perform to our usual high level and that you left disappointed. I hope we will have another opportunity to serve you on a future visit to Edmonton and look forward to providing you a more memorable experience. Sincerely, Jotty Philip Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Jan 18, 2016
Bed was not comfortable, room hot and no fridge
1 night family trip Jan 13, 2016
"Get what u pay for"
There was no vehicle plugins so the next day my vehicle would not start. Hotel is older, tube tv's, beds are old and hard to sleep on. Won't be staying there again
Other trip Jan 16, 2016
jake
"Ramada hotel and conference centre"
The room was cold and in need of repair. The furnace was noisy. The carpet looked like it had been clawed by a cat it was so worn. The switch on one of the light fixtures was broken. The security chain on the door was broken. The carpets in the hallways had been taped against trip hazards. No continental breakfast and the restaurant was VERY expensive.
Other trip Jan 14, 2016
Jen
"Nice enough place to stay"
Went to Edmonton for a family situation. This place was a nice refuge from the stress. Disappointed that breakfast is no longer included if you book from here. Rooms have no climate control, it was -18 out and we had the window open. Allows dogs now!
3 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
Chandra
"It's okay"
The hotel was older and the carpets were very stained. We had a misshap with the sheets, there was a stain and they came and brought new sheets and left the old ones and didn't change the sheets for us.
2 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
It was a bit of a surprise when I had to pay a $250 damage deposit before I got the room. The staff were friendly. The room was good, but the toilet didn't work properly which was disappointing when you have 4 people in the room.
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
"Not the place for a romantic get away."
Upon check in we were told that they were adding $150.00 Damage Deposit to our credit card authorization. Never heard of that before in all my travels. The bed was hard and lumpy and saggy in the middle. Not sure WHAT was on the fancy bed cover, it needed a wash. The place was dead so the lounge closed 4 hours earlier. We had drinks in the restaurant lounge amongst the vaccuming staff. The staff were pleasant enough, the room was clean. The bathroom needed some updating. There was a heating fan in the restaurant. The place was cold. The hotel carpet is bunched up in places. A major tripping hazard. Not the place for a romantic get away.
Response by Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
Dear Sam, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sincerely sorry to hear that you had a less than favorable experience with us. In response to your comments regarding a “damage deposit”, we only require a deposit from cash paying guests. If a guest is using a credit card we do what is called a pre-authorization. A pre-authorization is technically a "hold of funds" until the purchase is completed. , the pre-authorization amount will be replaced by an actual charge debited from your card and if there are no charges the “pre-authorized" amount is returned to your card as available credit. The process of “pre-authorizations” is common in the hotel industry particularly in full service hotels. The main reason for a pre-authorization is to ensure there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of any potential incidental charges such as meals, movies or long distance calls. This process is not in place to question a person’s integrity but merely to protect our business and most importantly you the guest. We are undergoing a major renovation in our hotel right now, so I can assure you that all the concerns that you mentioned in your feedback will be corrected in the near future . Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to welcoming you back at our property in the future. Sincerely, Jotty Philip Guest Experience Manager
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
Sam
good
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
Pam
"Unheated!"
Staff were really good. Room had no heat and in Edmonton at this time of year it's a challenge!
6 night family trip Dec 22, 2015
Gerald
"Very accommodating."
Was here due to the close proximity to the Royal Alex. It worked very well and Management gave us a good rate due to our medical situation. They were very accommodating.
1 night family trip Dec 14, 2015
Comfortable, customer service was excellent, good meals. Floor carpet looks bad though, and needs replacing.
3 night family trip Dec 8, 2015
"Good room price, overpriced food and drink"
Room wasn't the cleanest, very very dated The restaurant and bar charge a ridiculous amount. But the room rates weren't bad
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2015
"Satisfied"
I expressed to front desk about some noise at 2 am. They appologised for the excess niose.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
donald
"Decent hotel for the price"
You get what you pay for. Hotel was fine, could use some updating. Staff were friendly.
1 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
"Good spot if you can get sale price."
The room was in the older part of the hotel. Looked kinda scummy. Room was clean though.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2015
Jon
The experience overall was wonderful.. The staff were all excellent very friendly and courteous. The Hotel is starting to show its age however the staff keep it really nice and clean. I would definitely stay there again in a heart beat.
2 night family trip Nov 29, 2015
Everything was very good except the pillows were too full for me
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015