All hotels in Carbondale, Illinois, United States of America
801 N Giant City Rd, Carbondale, IL, 62902, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

Room is all right
    Regular internet service
"Slept ate left"
Slept in comfort no problem staff nice dogs welcome Go Salukis Did it all in one trip locatipn nice and easy to find
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Junior
Hotel staff was very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. We did not have time to use the pool or workout room, but what I saw looked very nice and clean.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"breakfast issue"
ran out of food and the staff replenished after we were done
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
Karla
"Average at best"
The hotel is average at best. It's aged and my room was minimally clean. It was dusty, there was still hair in the bathroom, the floor was dirty. The breakfast was cold. I'm not sure how many other choices there are in Carbondale, but this hotel is not great.
2 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Great place to stay. Stayed four nights and couldn't have been more pleased. Outstanding staff. Clean rooms. Although many children stayed at the same time, hotel was VERY quiet. Close to major department stores, including WallyWorld. Many fine resturants nearby. Hopefully we will get a chance to, again, visit relatives in the area and we will definitely stay there again. Good job to all!!!
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
Stay there every time we go to SIU and it is nice beds could be softer
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Saluki"
Plesant stay!
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
Donald
The hotel was very clean. Breakfast is a little weak
Other trip May 8, 2015
"Pretty good"
Everything was great, except the bed is too high for a person in a wheelchair to get on unassisted. Handicap accessible rooms should be handicap accessible! The staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
"I Will Choose the Saluki Inn Again.... A++++"
I have never stayed at the Saluki Inn before... but would definitely stay there again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They made us feel welcome and free to ask questions or for help. The breakfast wasn't just some donuts, bagels, & fruit. Waffles, biscuits & gravy, hash browns, eggs - along with other lighter choices. I will not go on a limb and say it was as good as you could get at a real restaurant - but for a hotel breakfast - it was great. There was a young woman who was constantly cleaning tables and the counter and refreshing the food. While this hotel has obviously been around for a while - it was clean and well cared for. I was very impressed - my family does not travel much so a night in a hotel is a special event. The Saluki Inn's staff made us feel important and special. I would for sure make the choice to stay here again. A++++!
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
JUDITH
""and the beat went on.""
worst issue was noise at night due to baseball team i guess staying there. It may have been them running up and down stairwell next to our 1st floor room. Stair well was hollow with wood stairs and it was similar to being inside of a drum. second night was better as we had a room change to top floor. Still noise issues were there but I realize staff could not control discourteous students or team messing around all night. Room was OK but at 85$ we expect to be able to sleep.
2 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Jon
"Friendly, safe and accommodating hotel"
I made last minute plans to travel to Southern Illinois and was delighted to find a room in Carbondale on the River to River Relay weekend. While the hotel is in need of some updating, the location is safe for women traveling alone and is close to other businesses. I arrived quite late and appreciated the warm welcome and help from the front desk staff (I'm sorry I don't recall her name). Bonus points in my book for the complimentary wi-fi and late check-out!
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Noisy. Got very little rest."
The walls are thin. I could hear the TV of the room next door until after 1am. I could hear all the traffic outside and 2 guests trying to find their room at 2am were easily heard from inside my room.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"Visiting student at SIU"
Nice hotel to stay when visiting your student at SIU. Convenient location to the school and restaurants. Breakfast was OK, crowded and a small area. Didn't get to use the pool. Parking was adequate.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Debra
"best western saluki inn survey"
lillian made sure everything was to our liking and went over and above to accommodate us.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
tammie
"Overall rating for motel more like 2 - 2 1/2."
There was a bad smell during our 6 night stay in the elevator and sometimes hallways, like a strong cleaning solution. The elevator was out of service for 2 days. Our room was not made up one day and twice something (Kleenex and cups) ran out.
6 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
"Very satisfied"
Enjoyable, pleasant atmosphere all around good stay.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
lydia
"Nice hotel! Very comfortable stay!"
My son and I stayed one night. We were there for an Open House at SIU. It is close to the campus. There was a Kroger's right down the road if you need something and the hotel was conveniently located near many restaurants.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Great Hotel!! Location was great!!!!"
The stay here was great!!They kept things very clean!!Everyone there was very friendly and helpful!! Kathryn and Sam are the best front desk ladies I have met!!They are very helpful and polite!!!
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Saggy king"
The hotel overall was fine except for the bed. We had a king bed that sagged in the middle. My husband weighs 100 lbs more than I do. Needless to say, we rolled into each other and I had trouble climbing out of "the hole"!!
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Close to southern Illinois University"
I highly recommend this hotel! Nice amenities, heated pool, cardio room, and very comfortable beds!
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Allison
The Best Western Saluki Inn is a great place to stay. Clean facilities, very friendly staff, and good breakfast. It is a great place to stay if you have children that enjoy swimming.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Convenient location"
Location is good for visiting students at SIU. Staff was nice, but you can hear everything going on outside your room.
4 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Charlotte
"Very happy"
Enjoyed our stay. Definitely will stay again!
2 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Sandra
Comfortable and very close to SIU campus. Breakfast was perfect.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Good location, and clean."
One night. Needed to be nearer to the hospital for an early appointment.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Close to college"
Stayed while in town to tour a college. Very friendly and helpful staff. Close to great food.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
Kay
"Close to SIU-C"
spent the night with my daughters for a SIU-C function, late check in was quick, room was clean, we were close to the school, breakfast was good, check out was quick.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Carbondale"
No issues. Hotel is older but still a decent stay.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
"nice and close to SIU"
nice hotel close to SIU, dining and grocery. great deal for the money.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Good value, would stay here again
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
david
"Quick Trip to SIU..."
This is our go-to hotel for taking and picking up our SIU student. Great location and breakfasts and evening cookies are appreciated.
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Debra
It was great.
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Verjaun
"Great value hotel in Carbondale"
This hotel is clean and reasonably priced. There are very few nice hotels in Carbondale and the nicer ones are all twice the price of the Saluki Inn. This is a good value. And the staff are friendly too. I will stay there next time I need a hotel in carbondale.
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Theresa
"Best Western stop over"
Room was clean and comfortable, nothing memoriable
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
"Just an overnight stay, but very nice"
We were going to a student orientation at SIU-C and just needed someplace to stay overnight so we could be on campus early in the morning. At check in, the employee at the front desk was friendly and very personable. The condition of the room was great. The only problem we had was getting the heat regulated. First the room was too cold and then it got too hot, but that may have just been the climate control operator. The complimentary breakfast had a good selection of foods available. I would recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2014
"excellent place to stay"
Really enjoyed it, everyone was very friendly, will stay again someday
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Danny
"Close to college"
Clean rooms, close to college, restaurants, and shopping
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
tina
The mattress was a bit firm for my back condition, however, I enjoyed my time there. The shopping centers around the area are convenient. I would stay there again if I was in the area.
1 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
Julianne
"A good night's rest"
Everything was really nice. For the rate, it would be hard to beat.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Matthew
"Good choice for a weekend stay."
Clean, efficient, friendly and dog friendly. Affordable.
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
Very nice hotel convenient to SIU. Staff was very cheery and helpful. Rooms were clean and as advertised. Will definitely stay here on our next visit.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Spencer
"Clean, practical & centrally located"
This motel is clean and centrally located. I woke up with a terrible headache and I had not packed ibuprofen. The girl at the front desk was nice enough to give me a couple. I was extremely grateful because the last thing I felt like doing was driving to Walmart to buy some. I would definitely recommend this motel & will also stay there in the future.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Saluki Inn"
Enjoyed stay. Pool was nice. Room was clean. Very good free breakfast. Definitely stay there in the future.
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
"nice hotel close to mall and college"
had a meeting to attend at college.perfect place to stay while there
pa
"Pleasantly surprised"
The staff was nice, the breakfast was nice. I was a little concerned about staying here since the rating was only 2.5 stars, but I was pleasantly surprised. If I had a complaint, I would have to complain that the pool was being cleaned on a Saturday all day. With the weekends being so busy, maybe a better day could have been picked for cleaning.
Love San Diego
We stayed at the Best Western Saluki in Carbondale,Il. The hotel was clean and room was comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. They have a nice indoor pool.
Dana
Good room for the price. Felt very clean. Not the typical gross hotel room.
"Carbondales best hotel"
Great place to stay. Wouldn't stay any where else.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014