All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America
936 W Main Road, Middletown, RI, 02842, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

2.8
"Great stay for the price!"
Our room was huge but you could tell it was still being worked on. The new upgrades were great but the room still have pipes sticking out of the wall and the sheets and towels had some stains. Besides those small complaints, our stay was great. We had a big room to relax in and the AC was great for that large of a space. It was well worth the money for the location. We would definitely come back here again.
3 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Justin
Room was nice. Bathroom was very small. Funny smell in hallway.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Loved our stay at Quality"
Room was great and very up dated really enjoyed having the hot breakfast
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
"Good, clean, comfy"
Best part of this place is the comfy bed and pillows. It's nothing fancy but did the trick for our last minute 1 night stay in the Newport area. Remote didn't work very well but that didn't matter much. I'd recommend this for someone that wants a no frills place to crash after the beach/a night out in Downtown Newport.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
lauren
Great hotel with included breakfast. Food was good. Decent value.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Kamil
The room was sufficient,,bathroom very, very small! If you were a large person it would be hard to use the flush! Bed was comfortable and it had a nice pool,,,
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Wanda
The bed was comfortable, but the bathroom was very small. Nice indoor pool!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Great beds! The staff was very nice and helpful."
The room was nice but the layout was strange. The beds were very comfortable and the towels were the nicest I've ever experienced for a hotel! My niece enjoyed the pool. I was a little disappointed in the breakfast...I was hoping for bananas to grab on the go. I would stay here again :)
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Sue
"Good for one night only"
Room was ok. Bathroom was very dated and not in that great a shape. We stayed only one night so not really an issue. We were there for a student orientation in Newport. Was only a few minutes drive to downtown Newport. Breakfast in the morning was descent. You get what you pay for.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Anthony
the room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was good
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
"Quality stay near Newport, beaches"
There were a lot of complaints about the hotel on various sites, but I was traveling for business and on a budget, so gave it a try. Stayed mid June 2015. It was perfectly fine! Yes, the room layout is a bit odd (I did not have the jacuzzi, so I got a nice big open closet/changing area); yes, the breakfast was *very* minimal but typical for an included continental (cereal, some fruit, a waffle maker, a coffee maker, juice, bagels, pastries, and eggs and either potatoes or sausages). But it's clean, very very quiet, and safe. Exercise room, pool, lots of cable channels on the TV... my only complaint is the weakness of the WiFi signal - I had a hard time doing a lot of the work I needed to. However, I experienced this anywhere I was around Middletown and Newport, so it could have been location, not hotel-specific. It was a very short to Easton's Beach, Cliff Walk, and downtown Newport, and the best price in the area.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
LF
"Vacation"
First night we arrived very late. Three problems with room 1. Smell in Frig 2. TV souND fine picture fliveering on all channels 3. Smoke detector covered in plastic. Next morning desk staff moved us to new room with ja cussing tub. Much nicer
7 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Anthony
"Newport best location"
Very convenient and clean
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
Carlos
"Great Stay!"
Clean affordable room; friendly staff
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Maira
"Nice hotel minutes from center of newport"
Overall good experience for the price. The room was nice and the air conditioner worked well. We spent a little time at the pool while we were there. It was a great pool, clean and heated. The breakfast was okay for the price, there was a waffle maker and hot eggs and potatoes along with an array of bread, miffins, and danish. The only con to my experience was that the remote control wouldn't change the channels on the TV and you couldn't do it with the TV buttons either. The guy at the front desk was helpful and came with a different remote but couldn't get it to work. He even called the manager to try to help. He offered us 10% off our price because of the problem but since we booked through Expedia, it would be a little bit of a hassle to contact them and then they contact the hotel etc. Overall i was very satisfied withvthe cleanliness of the hotel and my overall experience.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Karina
"Old and odd"
The room was very odd, with the fridge in an extended area of the room. Spacious though. TV's were having trouble getting cable. worker came in twice to help. Building seemed old. Weird wires coming out of the wall in our room.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Gordon
"Nice place to stay fro the money! Would recommend!"
Stayed here with a few friends because we had prom up there. Really nice place to stay for the price. We stayed in the Deluxe Room, both beds were nice and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, and so was the jet tub. I would recommend staying here to someone who hasn't previously before. Honestly the night went great and the location is right next to everything you need, ESPECIALLY FOOD!!!!!
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Celina
"Good room, decent price, great staff"
We stayed here with our dog one night for a friend's wedding. The room was adequate and felt clean. The woman, Latoya, at reception was very helpful and friendly. She made the whole experience much better!
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Nicely renovated people very accomodating"
The only thing is the parking lot where e had the car was scary went in side entrance no light in lot but the room had a step in it that u tripped over because they were adding a jacuzzi tub in strange but the people were great the people who worked there so friendly latoya and kim very very helpful
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"Bad Choice"
Had to switch rooms. Drain in tub did not work. No internet service. Bathroom ridiculously small. Bad breakfasts - terrible, dry eggs.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"ehh"
Hotel room felt dark with some appliances not working. Air conditioner was dusty. Found crumbs of food on floor like it wasn't vacuumed very well. Beds were comfortable. Good for a one night stay but I wouldn't go back to stay for more than one. Breakfast was alright in the morning, I did like how they had an indoor pool however.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Newport's quality inn."
Nice older property. Nicely refurbished. Staff very attentive, helpful with all requested. Convenient to downtown and mansion areas at half the price.
3 night family trip May 26, 2015
james m
"aTa real dump"
We went to the room and turned around and left. The room smelled, it appeared dirty. This hotel needs some serious updating and cleaning
Other trip May 31, 2015
"pool"
the temperature in the swimming pool room and inside the pool should be warmer. I booked this hotel because of the pool but I was disappointed. It was cold outside so the temperature in the pool room should be adjusted accordingly.
Other trip May 31, 2015
Lidia
Awesome staff all around great location rooms were very big would def stay again
Other trip May 30, 2015
big rooms
"Pleasant Stay"
Had a very nice stay on a Friday evening. Room was spacious, and had a cute little alcove that ran the width of the apartment, and held the fridge. Comfortable and spacious bed for two.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Jimmy
"2 nights over Memorial Day weekend, 2015"
Very surprised with the comfort and cleanliness of the room. All with the exception of the exterior windows which were so dirty it was difficult to see through, even in the hallways. This is an weird building, with very narrow corridors and angles. Security was fine, breakfast was bland but you had many choices offered. Really liked that the individual beds had a flexible reading light attached to the headboard. Had a few bugs in the indoor pool which freaked out the kids although the water was warm. Walls were quite thin, could hear the neighbors' baby crying on one occasion. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. So overall, the room was way overpriced, but so was probably everyway else during this holiday weekend. Would gladly stay there again only by paying %35 less.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Location cannot be beat!"
Our main purpose for the trip was a basketball tournament, but we wanted to spend any spare time in Newport and on the Cliff Walk. The price and location of this hotel was perfect for us. Only 3 miles into downtown Newport and/or to the Cliff Walk. Rooms are not a traditional rectangle or square shape, but it did not bother us. The room was clean, which is most important. Overall, very fine experience.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Maureen
"good stay"
It was a pleasent stay.
4 night business trip May 19, 2015
Pamela
"Good Hotel"
This was my second trip to RI and by far the better trip thanks to this hotel. The room was a little small, but comfortable. The hotel staff was polite and helpful, and we had a nice breakfast and the eating area was clean and organized. It looks like some renovations have been done to this hotel recently, so I understand why some quests have complained in the past about the condition of this hotel. Also, I really liked how close this hotel was to the RI Mansions and Bristol RI.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2015
"Solid"
No problems at all. Always meets my expectations
1 night business trip May 20, 2015
Fabio
"Old and Cramped"
Daily cleaning was nothing more than making the bed and replacing the towels. The so called double room was so small the beds were pushed into the corners of the wall so that you could only get into bed from 1 side. If you are bigger than the average human you have to turn sideways to get into the bathroom and forget about closing the door unless you step into the tub first. The Wi-Fi was an issue as well. The 5 days we were there they had to reset the network several times and the lack of speed was something to be desired as well. The staff was very friendly and the outside of the building was neat and clean.
4 night family trip May 6, 2015
Donald
"Newport Wknd Trip - May 2015"
Hotel was in mediocre condition around property. Lobby seemed newly done over and presentable, however hallway wings for rooms and room floor plan was very poor and inadequate. Room's bathroom was tiny and difficult to maneuver in. Separate living room space in King sized room was very awkward and misused. Wall partially separated this living space from bedroom area, and seemed out of place. TV appeared missing from living area bureau, and refrigerator was just thrown into corner of tile floor space by room window, opposite of hot tub connections...with no hot tub??...just empty space out by windows... Very odd and uncomfortable room layout.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Christopher
"NOT Quality"
The hotel was run down. Our room was on the 1st floor facing the parking lot, so we had to keep the curtains closed. The walls were so thin; we listened to our neighbors TV and conversations all night. The free breakfast consisted of powdered eggs, pale sausage and a lot of starch (waffles, muffins, bread). The coffee was tasted like dirty dish water.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Dated rooms, breakfast was good and staff was friendly. Pool was not clean and poorly lit.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"review"
Every aspect was very high quality with very responsive service to special request. Great price.
3 night trip May 4, 2015
"Terrible for Handicap"
I booked and paid for a handicap accessible pet friendly room and when arriving was told I could not have the room because I have a pet. After much arguing (3 hours worth) I was downgraded to a normal room while paying deluxe suite price and it was not handicap accessible. I had to go 6 days with out bathing because of this.
Other trip May 8, 2015
"Adequate, good location"
The hotel was in a nice area and just a few miles from Newport. Breakfast was your standard, eggs, waffles, muffins, etc.. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. However I have never seen a bathroom so small. If you were claustrophobic you could not go in and it you were overweight, you would not fit.
2 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
lorraine
"If you are handicap stay away!"
I booked and paid for a handicapped accessible pet friendly suite. After I paid I called the hotel personally to make sure all arrangements were made as I am handicapped in a wheelchair. I was told 3x that all was ready. I drove 16.5 hours from Chicago to Middletown RI and arrived at 10:30pm to be told I could not have what I paid for as it was not pet friendly. I was told by the manager to make a choice a room for myself or a room for my pet. I called Expedia and they called the hotel. The Hotel was unwavering. Expedia tried to find me another room but the island was booked so I had to take a regualar room not handicap accessible because of my pet. I was unable to bathe for 6 days as I could not get in the tub! I was charged the deluxe suite price also for a standard room!
Other trip May 6, 2015
Wheelchair
Very clean, friendly staff, cramped room very unpleasant
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"If you are a handicap person stay clear of here!"
I set up my travel plans ahead of time and called the hotel personally to make sure I was getting a handicap room that accepted pets. I was told there was not a problem. I drove 16 hours and arrived at 10:30pm to be told they only have suites (which I paid for) that cannot have dogs and the MGR said I needed to decide if I wanted the handicap suite or a room where the dog could stay. I tried to find another hotel that could suit my needs and all were booked so Quality Inn put me in a standard room because of the dog and my could barely fit through the door. It was 1:30am before I was in my room! 3 hours trying to get things settled! I was unable to bathe for 6 days while staying there because I could not get into the tub. Horrible place and the man that was on duty when I checked in did try to help but the MGR refused to hear anything even when expedia called her! Needless to say as a disabled person I was horrified in how I was treated. After being quoted $20 for my pet I was charged $25 and I paid for a Suite and got a Standard room. My suggestion is if you are handicap stay away from here!!!!!
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Comfort quality"
It was short and sweet
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Magaly
"Rugby stay"
We had a brief stay during our daughter's rugby tournament. Our room was clean but worn. The bathroom had water pressure issues and had a step out of the shower that was dangerous. The bed was very comfortable. The window was small with a view of the roof. The staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Deborah
"Do not stay on this hotel."
Got a room first which door did not lock and was no cleaned after previous guest so used towels were still on the floor and smelled horrible. Also it was a single bed room when my reservation was for a double queen room. The room I got after I rejected the first one was not as bad as the previous one and the door locked but still you can tell that room as well as the rest of the hotel was remodel with cheap material and the work was done poorly. Very low quality hotel compared even with other hotels of the same brand. This was a really bad experience for me and my family and I am not looking forward to stay ever again on a quality inn or clarion hotel.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Edison
"Great Value"
I had a remodeled room with a jacuzzi and it was very clean. Bed was very comfy and unlike another reviewer who couldn't get hot water in their tub, I had the opposite problem- my water came out super hot and took a bit to calibrate it to a not 'boiling potatoes' temperature. It was nice to use after walking in heels! The continental breakfast had many options- waffles, eggs, sausages, yogurts, cereals, danishes, bagels, etc, and was available until 10am. The 24 hour coffee machine near the lobby was a nice perk and the staff was very friendly. This hotel is only a short drive to the Navy base and is right next to the movie theatre. Good value and my room wasn't facing a busy road, so it was quiet at night.
4 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
"Great value"
The hotel is great and affordable. However, there was a dent in the wall from the doorknob.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2015
"Had to wait to check in!"
I waited about 15 minutes minutes at the front desk before anyone checked me in. A gentleman was checking in and the staff assumed I was with him. I waited and finally someone else walked in and someone asked them "can I help you" and that's when I finally was able to check in.
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"I would stay there again"
We went fora valentine's weekend get away. Over all everything was good. They had to switch or room because it was not warm enough as there was a blizzard. The pool was a bit cold but again I think it was affected by the weather.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Will not go back"
Our first room, the Jacuzzi actually was shocking us while we were in it. Our second room the toilet and shower didn't work the next morning. It was very disappointing overall.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Not bad"
The hotel was nice overall. The breakfast could have been a little better. The staff was nice and the hotel was clean. The pool is a really decent size as well.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015