All hotels in Rutland, Vermont, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here253 S Main St, Rutland, VT, 05701, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

2.8
    2.9
    2.4
"Good for the price"
Very friendly staffs here. Good condition, but AC is noisy in the night. 30 mins driving to Killington.
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Jinshan
"inexpensive stay for skiing"
We went skiing at Pico. It was a short drive. Slept well.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Kirsten
"OK stay"
No major complaints, bit bathroom could have been cleaner...
1 night trip Feb 12, 2015
travis
"You get what you pay for."
There is a reason why this place was cheaper than everyone else. Unfortunately last minute work travel forced me to stay in a ski area during the peak season, and I didn't want to pay a fortune.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Decent price but needs updating"
We rented two rooms. One room was really nice and updated, everything worked really well. The second room was big and had an extra pullout mattress but the toilet didn't flush and needed updating. The breakfast was good and staff was friendly.
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
"Basic room for ski trip"
Spent two nights here to ski at Killington. It was a basic room in ok condition. Bathroom was a little rough. Access door from parking lot was left unlocked. WIFI in rooms was almost non-functional on any devices we had with us. Room included basic breakfast buffet. Check in/out was very quick, and room was available on time.
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Quality Hotel for the right price!"
It was inexpensive, clean and roomie. Even had parking lot access from The room, very convienece for unloading ski gear for the night
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"fair"
you hear the noise from top floor and room temperature is difficulty to adjust; but pool is nice
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Ski Trip"
Good value. Friendly staff. The free breakfast was good. 15-20 minutes from Killington.
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Wes
"nice hotel close to killington"
very nice. a little noisy, but it was New Year's Eve!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"A good Quality Inn close to Killington"
I chose this hotel for the price and vicinity to the ski areas. I knew it's an old hotel, but found that it had been nicely renovated. The rooms are big and clean, the bed is as comfortable as those I had used on business trips. Everything in the bathroom is new. The breakfast was adequate for the morning ski. I liked their boiled sausages and scrambled eggs - not greasy. With cream cheese bagel and good coffee, I was very satisfied. Will consider to stay there if ski at Killington again.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Better than expected"
Room is clean. Bed is comfy. Only thing is pet is allowed but not clearly written.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Chenshu
"I'll stay there next time I come to Rutland"
For the money it was first rate. Heat, hot water, pretty clean, good beds, clean linens. Like a good used car half the price and broken in. No complaints. Not immaculate, but don't be a baby!!
2 night family trip Nov 17, 2014
Very friendly & helpful staff.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Run down property-overpriced"
Way overdue for a complete indoor remodel. Peeling bathroom doors. Grout moldy. Shower rod hung incorrectly making curtain slide down to the middle. Paint peeling. Carpet dirty.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
kansas traveler
"one night stay"
The hotel was fine. there is a lot of road construction at this time going on all night long. This made for an uncomfortable night. Not the hotels fault.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"Served the purpose"
The hotel is attempting to update. Ongoing construction on the exterior. Bathrooms appear to have been remodeled. Hall carpet very stained.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"No quality at "quality" inn"
Hands down the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in. It was supposed to be a non smoking room and when I walked in my eyes watered there was so much smoke smell in the room. The sliding door did not lock so anyone staying in that floor could access my room from the balcony. There was a used face cloth in the shower, scratched off scratch tickets on the floor next to the bed, and a huge water stain in the bathroom ceiling. The shower curtain, window curtains and comforters smelled of ciggerette. So potent I had to buy a candle. Will never stay at a quality inn ever again. I wasn't expecting much but I do expect cleanliness.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
michelle
"Care for bathrooms unequal to care for beds."
This hotel is under construction and at time of my visit seemed to house a significant number of construction workers. The people at the front desk were friendly and responsive and moved my room immediately when the music next door was too loud. Walls are paper thin so you hear everything. The beds are attractively made and the abundant pillows make it look welcoming. The bathroom is another story. Starting with the door to the bathroom. If it can't be cleaned with a simple white magic sponge and a few minutes effort, it should be painted. The tub surround was nice but was splattered with paint from the recent coat of paint on the ceiling. A single blade scraper could fix that in less than 5 minutes. Why is it left like that? Next, the tub! Whoever had the impression that anyone wants to step into a tub that contains a partially disintegrated tub mat? And, the bathroom mirror was replaced with a smaller one and the wall space was not painted to match the rest of the wall. My assessment, 15 minutes worth of simple labor would have greatly improved the experience of this hotel to the point that I would stay there again. For now, I will not be returning because the bathroom gave me the creeps.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Business and Pleasure Traveller
"Find another Hotel"
Our first night the rooms were not comfortable (AC barley worked). Second night, they had rented the entire second floor out to a group of over 30 teens. Needless to say our nights sleep was seriously interrupted. We will never stay here again or book with Hotels.com.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Not what we expected, we are very disappointed!"
The hotel is under construction???? The lobby is a mess, the indoor pool is freezing, the rooms smell damp, where should I stop...
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Ivy
"Convenient."
Inn undergoing needed renovations, many cosmetic. Our room had been updated. Corridors and hall carpeting needed to be cleaned and brightened. New modern hallway lighting would be a welcomed improvement.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Run down facilities. Carpet and bed linens were old and worn. Check out was more pleasant exchange than check in.
"Don't believe the good reviews."
Not a very pleasurable experience. We checked into 2 rooms and immediately had to switch one because of a terrible smell. Room #2 had a running toilet and a shower which had no cold water. It was scalding hot even if you fixed the toilet and ran the hot water from the faucet. Two of ua couldnt even shower because if the heat. Their is an outdoor balcony that runs the entire 2nd floor so people are walking by your room all night. Updated rooms simple means new carpet, which was already stained and coming up, and a air conditioner. Some rooms had fridges and other didn't. If you get one it, like we did in one, it didn't even work. Smelly hallways and dingy bathroom. I'd try something else of you are looking. Good review: Beds were comfy and the staff was pleasant.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
LT Hiker
"Several restaurants nearby"
Our room on the first floor served our needs very well. If you want true luxury, pay more elsewhere. It was very clean and the mattress was nice. It lacked a hairdryer and a refrigerator. The pool area had been newly painted, but had no hot tub. The breakfast nook had scrambled eggs and sausage along with the quick stuff. The staff at the front desk and breakfast area were friendly and helpful. We would stay again. Location close to Route 4. Ponderosa-Friendly's, Denny's and other restaurant. Diamond Run Mall almost vacant.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"nice cheap hotel"
While I wouldn't call this hotel "great", it was a exactly what I expected from a hotel this inexpensive. My only complaints (that still didn't bother me) were that the back door remained unlocked the entire visit, and the vent in the bathroom made an ungodly noise when the bathroom light was on. But it fit what we needed and we were happy with the price.
2 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
Kari
Did not smell very good, musty odor.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
everyone has different needs and my needs were satisfied.i will return
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
john sexton
the heaterAC unit was noisy
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Work in Progress"
I enjoyed the people and location. They Hotel is under renovations and when they are complete I feel it will be lovely. My stay was comfortable but not without some issues with the heat in the room. Once we cleaned the room heater, it was either extremly hot or cold. With all this said, I would go back again, because they are in transition and the employees were all very nice.
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Paula
"Econimical Rates and Comfortable Accomodations"
Perhaps I got one of the renovated rooms at is was clean and new, Hotel was best priced in area and was enjoyable for an ovenight stay. alot of stores and restaurants in walking distance as well. Breakfast had a reasonable selection including eggs/sausage.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Skier
"You get what you pay"
I thought that this place was excellent for the price we paid. The room had a mini fridge and a microwave. The TV reception was not the best but we went to go snowboarding not to watch TV. Again you get what you pay for.
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2014
"Rutland Vermont"
This was the absolute worst hotel that I've ever stayed in. I left my room after 10 minutes and went to another facillity. I would expect that my money be returned.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"It was very comfortable and clean."
The room was clean neat and very homey. You felt very comfortable here. The staff was pleasant and helpful..
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"A Little Over Price for What you Get"
If I paid less then $100 then I would expect the quality of the room, but. . . We didn't and we would expect a clean room, we found suntan lotion and other items under the bed - so did they really clean the room? And I'm not sure the beds are Queen size - more like a Full bed wanting to be a Queen. The bed itself - was so uncomfortable if I thought the rug had been vaccumm and cleaned I would have slept on that. All the screens on the outside of the hotel were hanging off - not very appealing. The one bright spot was the breakfast they offered - a step above bagels and cream cheese.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"The worst hotel I have been to"
My disappointment started when I arrived at the reception and noticed that the hotel was in a very bad condition, then I noticed that the building looks like an old motel that has been poorly converted to a hotel. When I got to the room was one disappointment after the other. I'll list some: old room, bad maintained, smelling mold, towels really old with dirt white color, floor from above room squeaking every time the person walked or moved in their bed, old sanitary bowl all scrached, gum in the blanket, whole in the chair, old tv with very limited channels, linens smaller than the bed, etc... I do not recommend this hotel for anybody.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Alex
"Seen better days"
It did the trick for an overnight stay with little option of other hotels in the area, most were booked. Bathroom looked like it was possibly renovated, which was good but the cleanliness of the room was not good at all. Lot of mysterious hair and stains. Towels had seen better days. There was one white hand towel and the rest were a dingy grey tint with dark stains. The front desk employee was friendly but I'd rather have a clean room and a less than friendly staff. Sorry this place had seen better days.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
"Horrible"
Absolutely gross
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2014
"Big Dissapointment and One Definitely to Avoid"
Inattentive Front Desk clerk focused on conversation with another employee made us wait. Left wake-up calls for parties in two rooms and neither room received them. Rooms not clean. Guest found someone's underwear in the tub. Will never go back to a QI
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
"Is this a joke?"
Here’s what I found: Room: “just renewed” with a rotten bathroom door; no table, chair or closet what so ever; pillows from the 2nd WW; “safe” electric outlet with no cover; oil print of an hand on curtains and a lot more “features” for the pickiest costumer!!! Pool: well, what to say other than the entrance is from the lobby where the air temperature is frigid? Yeah, I know, there is no door at the entrance, so if you don’t mind taking a bath outdoor during winter time I guess it’s perfect for you!! Always if you don’t mind the rotten wood roof covering it… Breakfast: GET READY TO FIGHT FOR FOOD…just kidding, you will just have to be faster than the hungry construction worker taking breakfast with you and messing up the breakfast room with their boots, but don’t worry, a hotel personnel will be cleaning it while waking you up with the relaxing sound of a vacuum cleaner. And don’t forget to have a shot of glue before you leave, you’ll find it conveniently located by the coffee machine!!!
3 night trip Jan 17, 2014
Jacopo
"Overnight before ski day"
Good for the price. Staff very friendly. Clearly hotel is working on renovating and refreshing. Breakfast was simple continental and included in price, and could have had more healthy options.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
"Average + some construction"
An average inn with some renovation going on on a lower level. I stayed for 3 days during my snowboard trip but there wasn't much snow in the area.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
justin
"Economical"
Decent place at a good price
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"Convenient to ski slopes"
A lot of renovations going on but no noise or smell so guests were not impacted. Neighbors were noisy (New Years eve party). Reception staff very friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
kate
"Best stay for the price"
Booked last minute, got a great deal, check in and check out were easy as pie. Didn't have a remote in the room, but the check in lad quickly resolved that with a spare he had at the desk. Room was great, freshly remodeled. balcony wasn't used because it was cold. Looking to book here again soon and take advantage of the pool.
2 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2013
"A good hotel and good value"
Other reviews note that this hotel is kind of old. However, what we experienced with our stay was that this was an old hotel that had (most likely) recently changed hands, and the new owners were doing a real good job with renovating the hotel and making it a really great spot for families to stay at. The owners of the hotel were always visible, and you could tell that they really cared for the property and their guests. If you had a problem, they took care of it. And they really went the extra-mile with that breakfast, which we really appreciated. During our stay, renovations were clearly underway. Given the level of care we saw the owners give the property, we are pretty sure the renovations will be great...and we will probably look into staying at this hotel again the next time we are in Rutland for skiing.
4 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
Lukas
"Gross hotel"
We showed up and the keys to our room didn't work. After going and getting new ones we were finally able to get in our room. The door wouldn't fully shut. We rigged it to stay shut so we could sleep. The next morning I took a pillow case off to look at the pillow and it was COVERED in old dark BLOOD. It was horrible. I would never recommend this dirty, smelly, disgusting hotel. Spend the extra $20 a night and stay somewhere else - anywhere else.
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
jacquelyne
"Horribly Loud !!!"
Checked into hotel Friday afternoon and it was quiet, I thought I had made a good choice.... Boy was I wrong !!! The walls are paper thin, you will hear everything in adjacent rooms, hall, outside road And that's not even the worst part... A vehicle pulled in all night every couple hours and honked horn...adjacent room was awake all night talking, manager asked them to be quiet 3 times... Didn't help
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Disgusting"
Dismal, disgusting, filthy accommodations. This hotel should be condemned.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Not that great!"
The main reason for our choice was an indoor pool - the water was SUPPOSED to be maintained at 80 degrees - probably more like 60. VERY COLD!!! Hotel was under renovations but there was NO effort to maintain public areas with even rudimentary vacuuming. Shared balcony was never checked by housekeeping otherwise the 20+ beer cans would not have been rolling around out there "clunking" all night long - ALL 3 days. The manager greeted us at the desk and then promptly walked off with some person who interupted him leaving us alone for 5 minutes. There was NO closet or hanging area in our room. The only good part of the stay was the morning breakfast - hot eggs, meat, cereal, toast or bagels, pastries, self made waffles, coffee, tea and juice.
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2013