All hotels in Rutland, Vermont, United States of America
253 S Main St, Rutland, VT, 05701, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

Dirty
    Poor vibe
    Bad internet service
"Mattres should have been changed out a couple of y"
Mattress was worn out. A lot of flaking paint in the bath room Hall carpets worn out. The hotel needs renovation
Response by Quality Inn Rutland
Dear Guest , Thank You for your feedback and sorry as we did not meet your expectation. We will make certain changes and upgrades so that your future stays are far better. Sincerely, Hotel Manager
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
"Bed bugs"
There were bed bugs in the room.
2 night business trip Oct 7, 2015
"Expedia should strike this hotel from its list."
Had to ask for three rooms before we got one we could stay in: Rooms 1 - ceiling falling in, rainy night ceiling leaking. Room 2. REEKED of cigarette smoke (non smoking hotel). Room 3. We stayed. At approx. midnight the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate while the fire dept examined each room. We didn't ask but we were offered no consideration.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"Worst place to stay"
The locks were broke, you couldn't even lock your room up from the inside or outside. This place has not been renovated!
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"Good for one night"
It was a good stay at a decent price. However my biggest disappointment was that the rooms are a bit run down and could use an overhaul. Otherwise, it was good for a one-night stay.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2015
Hotel is in terrible shape and needs to be updated/cleaned.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"You get what you pay for..."
I had to unplug the TV in order to use the microwave because of the location of the electrical outlet. There was hair on my towel. The television quality was poor and I couldn't hear two of the channels. Also, there's no channel guide to let you know what is on. The iron was broken (missing the temperature dial). And lastly, they take a zerox of your credit card for incidentals instead of entering the data in a computer. I was uncomfortable with this so I asked for the copy back after checking out, to make sure it was properly shredded. The only redeeming part of the stay, was the kindness of the front desk manager. When he asked about my stay, I didn't have the heart to tell him everything and felt it better to just leave a review.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Easy place for overnight stay"
Easy to check in and no check out required. Full breakfast was average, Sink in room drain very slowly and small refrig did not work - but we had no use for it anyway. Good price and worked for our needs,
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Scoopdog
"Rude Staff and Rundown"
The Manager On Duty was rude and nasty on the telephone prior to arrival. He was short and curt with the whole process. It was most certainly an unwelcome to the hotel. The room had an odd odor to it, the outside door did not seal and we could see through the cracks around the edge of the door. The paint is peeling everywhere, especially the bathroom. It looks like they attempted to update but did an awful job. As my husband said, "They slapped lipstick on a pig and tried to call it good!"
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Chinnookwinds
"Overall stay."
We needed a new tv and remote after the first of two nights which were immediately replaced. also the breakfast bar needed to be refilled as late in the morning there was a little left for food. Overall stay was very good and staff very pleasant when they could be understood. They spoke very broken English.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Jerry
Service and comfort were superior. Liked the idea of a night light in bathroom so that your rhodopsin remained mainly intact!
2 night trip Jun 17, 2015
Vincent
"Good one night stay...."
Our stay was short so didn't get to observe a lot of what was offered. Liked the nice white sheets and comforter.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
F & W
"Rutland Vt"
Nice convenient place, clean room, breakfast included
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Good value for a basic accommodation"
The Quality Inn at Rutland was an affordable basic accommodation that provided very good value. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. For the price, you can't go wrong. The location was excellent as the Inn is right on S Main St. in Rutland. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"A good trip and not so good stay."
I visit Rutland fairly often I like it there. I have stayed at Quality Inns in the past and liked them. This one on the other hand was a disappointment.The room had a musty smell to it ,like it had not been used for a long time.Remodeling had been done,but not completed. The sink plumbing was loose as was the shower head .The hot Breakfast food was mostly cold. I feel this hotel did not meet Quality Inn standards. Finally,when we checked out,our bill was mixed up with another guest. I would not return to this hotel .
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Thomas J.
"Great Place for the Money"
For the money this hotel was great. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. Breakfast was provided at reasonable morning hours. It was plentiful though lower than five star quality. It had other amenities like a pool that I didn't have time to make use of on this trip but might be nice for another stay.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Susanne
"Out side smokers"
We had workers outside our room first thing in the morning smoking!! Yuck
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Nanc
"Just OK"
The location was convenient and the hotel staff was nice, but not as great as we had hoped. The TV speaker was blown and gave off bad sound quality, the room smelled musty and style was out of date. The pillows and comforter was new, but no microwave in the room. Heated pool was nice, but could have been warmer-still chilly and they need new thicker pool towels. The room lock and latch were both broken. It was a good price though and near skiing at Okemo.
Stefanela5
"College Kid Goes Skiing"
Come here a few times this ski season, this time for some reason I could hear every creek from every footstep in the room above, and the door wouldn't close all the way without slamming it a few times. Other than that seriously great stay- fantastic beds, huge room for the price, very friendly staff, door from room to go right to the parking lot is very convenient. 20 minutes from killington with tons to do around the hotel. Been worth it every stay.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Good for the price"
Very friendly staffs here. Good condition, but AC is noisy in the night. 30 mins driving to Killington.
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Jinshan
"inexpensive stay for skiing"
We went skiing at Pico. It was a short drive. Slept well.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Kirsten
"This place is old and nasty"
There were stains on the chair at the desk some unknown substance I don't want to know what it was the bathroom was dirty need every caulking and just plain disgusting
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"OK stay"
No major complaints, bit bathroom could have been cleaner...
1 night trip Feb 12, 2015
travis
"You get what you pay for."
There is a reason why this place was cheaper than everyone else. Unfortunately last minute work travel forced me to stay in a ski area during the peak season, and I didn't want to pay a fortune.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"DONT GO HERE"
We get there and I request a cot. They tell us they have a cot available and I pay $15 for it. I wait for two hours and still no cot. I go to the front desk, "sorry sir we do not have any cots left but I'll give you an air mattress." Also, every channel on tv was blurry to the point that you couldn't watch it. The door to the bathroom was destroyed. The room reeked of weed from someone nearby. I was 100% dissatisfied.
1 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
"Decent price but needs updating"
We rented two rooms. One room was really nice and updated, everything worked really well. The second room was big and had an extra pullout mattress but the toilet didn't flush and needed updating. The breakfast was good and staff was friendly.
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
"Basic room for ski trip"
Spent two nights here to ski at Killington. It was a basic room in ok condition. Bathroom was a little rough. Access door from parking lot was left unlocked. WIFI in rooms was almost non-functional on any devices we had with us. Room included basic breakfast buffet. Check in/out was very quick, and room was available on time.
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Quality Hotel for the right price!"
It was inexpensive, clean and roomie. Even had parking lot access from The room, very convienece for unloading ski gear for the night
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"fair"
you hear the noise from top floor and room temperature is difficulty to adjust; but pool is nice
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Ski Trip"
Good value. Friendly staff. The free breakfast was good. 15-20 minutes from Killington.
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Wes
"nice hotel close to killington"
very nice. a little noisy, but it was New Year's Eve!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"A good Quality Inn close to Killington"
I chose this hotel for the price and vicinity to the ski areas. I knew it's an old hotel, but found that it had been nicely renovated. The rooms are big and clean, the bed is as comfortable as those I had used on business trips. Everything in the bathroom is new. The breakfast was adequate for the morning ski. I liked their boiled sausages and scrambled eggs - not greasy. With cream cheese bagel and good coffee, I was very satisfied. Will consider to stay there if ski at Killington again.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Better than expected"
Room is clean. Bed is comfy. Only thing is pet is allowed but not clearly written.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Chenshu
"I'll stay there next time I come to Rutland"
For the money it was first rate. Heat, hot water, pretty clean, good beds, clean linens. Like a good used car half the price and broken in. No complaints. Not immaculate, but don't be a baby!!
2 night family trip Nov 17, 2014
Very friendly & helpful staff.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Run down property-overpriced"
Way overdue for a complete indoor remodel. Peeling bathroom doors. Grout moldy. Shower rod hung incorrectly making curtain slide down to the middle. Paint peeling. Carpet dirty.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
kansas traveler
"one night stay"
The hotel was fine. there is a lot of road construction at this time going on all night long. This made for an uncomfortable night. Not the hotels fault.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"Served the purpose"
The hotel is attempting to update. Ongoing construction on the exterior. Bathrooms appear to have been remodeled. Hall carpet very stained.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"No quality at "quality" inn"
Hands down the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in. It was supposed to be a non smoking room and when I walked in my eyes watered there was so much smoke smell in the room. The sliding door did not lock so anyone staying in that floor could access my room from the balcony. There was a used face cloth in the shower, scratched off scratch tickets on the floor next to the bed, and a huge water stain in the bathroom ceiling. The shower curtain, window curtains and comforters smelled of ciggerette. So potent I had to buy a candle. Will never stay at a quality inn ever again. I wasn't expecting much but I do expect cleanliness.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
michelle
"Care for bathrooms unequal to care for beds."
This hotel is under construction and at time of my visit seemed to house a significant number of construction workers. The people at the front desk were friendly and responsive and moved my room immediately when the music next door was too loud. Walls are paper thin so you hear everything. The beds are attractively made and the abundant pillows make it look welcoming. The bathroom is another story. Starting with the door to the bathroom. If it can't be cleaned with a simple white magic sponge and a few minutes effort, it should be painted. The tub surround was nice but was splattered with paint from the recent coat of paint on the ceiling. A single blade scraper could fix that in less than 5 minutes. Why is it left like that? Next, the tub! Whoever had the impression that anyone wants to step into a tub that contains a partially disintegrated tub mat? And, the bathroom mirror was replaced with a smaller one and the wall space was not painted to match the rest of the wall. My assessment, 15 minutes worth of simple labor would have greatly improved the experience of this hotel to the point that I would stay there again. For now, I will not be returning because the bathroom gave me the creeps.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Business and Pleasure Traveller
"Find another Hotel"
Our first night the rooms were not comfortable (AC barley worked). Second night, they had rented the entire second floor out to a group of over 30 teens. Needless to say our nights sleep was seriously interrupted. We will never stay here again or book with Hotels.com.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Not what we expected, we are very disappointed!"
The hotel is under construction???? The lobby is a mess, the indoor pool is freezing, the rooms smell damp, where should I stop...
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Ivy
"Convenient."
Inn undergoing needed renovations, many cosmetic. Our room had been updated. Corridors and hall carpeting needed to be cleaned and brightened. New modern hallway lighting would be a welcomed improvement.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Run down facilities. Carpet and bed linens were old and worn. Check out was more pleasant exchange than check in.
"Don't believe the good reviews."
Not a very pleasurable experience. We checked into 2 rooms and immediately had to switch one because of a terrible smell. Room #2 had a running toilet and a shower which had no cold water. It was scalding hot even if you fixed the toilet and ran the hot water from the faucet. Two of ua couldnt even shower because if the heat. Their is an outdoor balcony that runs the entire 2nd floor so people are walking by your room all night. Updated rooms simple means new carpet, which was already stained and coming up, and a air conditioner. Some rooms had fridges and other didn't. If you get one it, like we did in one, it didn't even work. Smelly hallways and dingy bathroom. I'd try something else of you are looking. Good review: Beds were comfy and the staff was pleasant.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
LT Hiker
"Several restaurants nearby"
Our room on the first floor served our needs very well. If you want true luxury, pay more elsewhere. It was very clean and the mattress was nice. It lacked a hairdryer and a refrigerator. The pool area had been newly painted, but had no hot tub. The breakfast nook had scrambled eggs and sausage along with the quick stuff. The staff at the front desk and breakfast area were friendly and helpful. We would stay again. Location close to Route 4. Ponderosa-Friendly's, Denny's and other restaurant. Diamond Run Mall almost vacant.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"nice cheap hotel"
While I wouldn't call this hotel "great", it was a exactly what I expected from a hotel this inexpensive. My only complaints (that still didn't bother me) were that the back door remained unlocked the entire visit, and the vent in the bathroom made an ungodly noise when the bathroom light was on. But it fit what we needed and we were happy with the price.
2 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
Kari
Did not smell very good, musty odor.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"AWFUL!!!"
This hotel isn't just being renovated, the whole place is under construction and it's a disaster! I showed up thinking there might be a few rooms being remodeled, and that it would not effect me but I showed up to find the pool completely empty and taped off along with the sketchy entrance to the hotel lobby that was being held up with 2x4's.Once inside the room it doesn't look terrible. However when I pulled back the comforter there were clumps of hair ALL over the sheets.Absolutely turned my stomach and immediately called down to reception to complain and ask that they change the sheets. Left for an hour or two to come back to a pile of folded "clean" sheets on top of the bed with the dirty sheets still on. They couldn't even change the sheets for us. I could not believe the nerve. You would think that they would try to make things better after I found the dirty sheets on my bed. I don't doubt that there were bed bugs in this hotel and couldn't bring myself to stay there for another minute. I called Hotels.com to complain and they were appalled. They refunded me the whole amount and I took my things to a MUCH nicer hotel about ten miles down the street. DO NOT stay at this hotel! The cheap rates may be intriguing but it really is not worth potentially getting bed bugs and who knows what else. It is also located on an extremely busy road and I was trying to get away from all of that for a nice relaxing weekend in VT.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
NewEnglander
everyone has different needs and my needs were satisfied.i will return
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014