All hotels in Rutland, Vermont, United States of America
253 S Main St, Rutland, VT, 05701, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

2.9
    2.5
"Is this a joke?"
Here’s what I found: Room: “just renewed” with a rotten bathroom door; no table, chair or closet what so ever; pillows from the 2nd WW; “safe” electric outlet with no cover; oil print of an hand on curtains and a lot more “features” for the pickiest costumer!!! Pool: well, what to say other than the entrance is from the lobby where the air temperature is frigid? Yeah, I know, there is no door at the entrance, so if you don’t mind taking a bath outdoor during winter time I guess it’s perfect for you!! Always if you don’t mind the rotten wood roof covering it… Breakfast: GET READY TO FIGHT FOR FOOD…just kidding, you will just have to be faster than the hungry construction worker taking breakfast with you and messing up the breakfast room with their boots, but don’t worry, a hotel personnel will be cleaning it while waking you up with the relaxing sound of a vacuum cleaner. And don’t forget to have a shot of glue before you leave, you’ll find it conveniently located by the coffee machine!!!
3 night trip Jan 17, 2014
Jacopo
"Overnight before ski day"
Good for the price. Staff very friendly. Clearly hotel is working on renovating and refreshing. Breakfast was simple continental and included in price, and could have had more healthy options.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
"Average + some construction"
An average inn with some renovation going on on a lower level. I stayed for 3 days during my snowboard trip but there wasn't much snow in the area.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
justin
"Economical"
Decent place at a good price
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"Convenient to ski slopes"
A lot of renovations going on but no noise or smell so guests were not impacted. Neighbors were noisy (New Years eve party). Reception staff very friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
kate
"Best stay for the price"
Booked last minute, got a great deal, check in and check out were easy as pie. Didn't have a remote in the room, but the check in lad quickly resolved that with a spare he had at the desk. Room was great, freshly remodeled. balcony wasn't used because it was cold. Looking to book here again soon and take advantage of the pool.
2 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2013
"A good hotel and good value"
Other reviews note that this hotel is kind of old. However, what we experienced with our stay was that this was an old hotel that had (most likely) recently changed hands, and the new owners were doing a real good job with renovating the hotel and making it a really great spot for families to stay at. The owners of the hotel were always visible, and you could tell that they really cared for the property and their guests. If you had a problem, they took care of it. And they really went the extra-mile with that breakfast, which we really appreciated. During our stay, renovations were clearly underway. Given the level of care we saw the owners give the property, we are pretty sure the renovations will be great...and we will probably look into staying at this hotel again the next time we are in Rutland for skiing.
4 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
Lukas
"Gross hotel"
We showed up and the keys to our room didn't work. After going and getting new ones we were finally able to get in our room. The door wouldn't fully shut. We rigged it to stay shut so we could sleep. The next morning I took a pillow case off to look at the pillow and it was COVERED in old dark BLOOD. It was horrible. I would never recommend this dirty, smelly, disgusting hotel. Spend the extra $20 a night and stay somewhere else - anywhere else.
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
jacquelyne
"Horribly Loud !!!"
Checked into hotel Friday afternoon and it was quiet, I thought I had made a good choice.... Boy was I wrong !!! The walls are paper thin, you will hear everything in adjacent rooms, hall, outside road And that's not even the worst part... A vehicle pulled in all night every couple hours and honked horn...adjacent room was awake all night talking, manager asked them to be quiet 3 times... Didn't help
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Disgusting"
Dismal, disgusting, filthy accommodations. This hotel should be condemned.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Not that great!"
The main reason for our choice was an indoor pool - the water was SUPPOSED to be maintained at 80 degrees - probably more like 60. VERY COLD!!! Hotel was under renovations but there was NO effort to maintain public areas with even rudimentary vacuuming. Shared balcony was never checked by housekeeping otherwise the 20+ beer cans would not have been rolling around out there "clunking" all night long - ALL 3 days. The manager greeted us at the desk and then promptly walked off with some person who interupted him leaving us alone for 5 minutes. There was NO closet or hanging area in our room. The only good part of the stay was the morning breakfast - hot eggs, meat, cereal, toast or bagels, pastries, self made waffles, coffee, tea and juice.
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2013
Mark & Brenda
"Over priced. Bathroom in need of cleaning and reno"
How Quality Inn can include this place in their group is beyond my understanding. I would advise you to find another place to stay. It's a dump. Expedia should drop this place from their list
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Big Al
"Un happy!"
Roomwas very dirty under construction and the service was good at the front desk would not go back to this hotel ever again!
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Not a good welcome"
The check in clerk was rude and had a terrible attitude.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
"rating"
not good. no water for a hr one soap for two guests.
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2013
steve
"Under renovation, they are trying."
Most of the rooms open under construction are old and dated. With that being said the staff is unbelievably great. The guy that serves breakfast is phenomenal at making sure you have everything that you want or need & the housekeeping staff is great at getting you anything that you may want. The place was extremely clean other than a funny little odor, but they took care of it right away with some Lysol and vacuuming. The pool was nice and refreshing I hate hot pools- temperature was about 75 to 80°. It's definitely worth the money with the free breakfast included and I wouldn't hesitate to think about staying here again.
3 night business trip Jul 11, 2013
Joe S.
The hotel is old and severely needs an upgrade. My room was clean and the desk staff very accommodating
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"ok for the price"
The people were extremely nice, the breakfast was fine. If you are a stickler for cleanliness, this is not the place for you; the place is hugely in need of a refurbishing. Because of the general shabbiness, it makes you look twice at the cleanliness factor. I asked them to change the sheets in my son's room because when I started looking at things closely, there was stuff on the sheet that didn't look like a stain. The bedspread was also stained. They were gracious and came with sheets right away. There was a lot of dust around the edges of the rooms and cobwebs on the ceiling. It just needs an overhaul, but the price was right.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
Katie B.
older motel in process of modernization. Very clean with extremely polite and attentive staff. Would definitely recommend as a nice affordable place of lodging.Located on Main thoroughfare in Rutland , easy naccess to food, stores, ski areas 15-20 minutes away.
1 night trip May 2, 2013
"greaat for the money"
It was fine- staff was friendly, cooked us extra waffles in the morning after a show at Spartan Arena. Definitely would stay there again. Walked to Arena.
2 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2013
"This hotel sucks"
Dirty Hallway carpets, pitiful breakfast, pitiful TV selection, broken fixtures in bathroom. Broken shower head. Dirty carpets in room. Broken locks on doors. Leak to outside door. Badd odors. I would never stay here again, would rather sleep in my car.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
"close to killington for skiing"
The room was clean and the staff was friendly. I had two main reasons for returning to this hotel after my first visit last year (1) this hotel lets you use the Vermont sport & fitness club just up the road (2) breakfast was good with several options of hot food. Ok now on the down side the room is a bit dated with the wallpaper used especially in the bathroom and the carpet was well worn, also I had to call to find out if this hotel still included the fitness center as it is no longer advertised on the website since the hotel changed from Ramada to Quality Inn.
3 night trip Mar 24, 2013
Ronald
"Don't Bother, stay somewhere else"
Customer service & policy was the worst I've experienced at ANY hotel EVER! And that is said from someone who travels frequently....
Other trip Mar 29, 2013
Gulliver
"Never Again"
When we first entered the room, we were struck by an overwhelming smell of cat urine - absolutely overpowering. When I refused to take the room, I was thankful that another one was identified which had good air quality. The hallway in this non-smoking floor reeked of smoke. I was also struck that when opening my room door that evening, I saw a young man leaving a room down the hallway with his pants down around his knees, trying to dress himself as he found another room. I was traveling with high school students and felt this was a very sketchy choice - I would not recommend this facility - never again for me.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2013
"It's old and stinks"
The hotel is old and the non smoking main floor was full of cigarate smoke the bathroom in the pool area needed to be kicked shut becouse the bottom of the door was rotted off. I would not stay again....
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2013
"Not bad at all for price"
Room was not bad at all for price. It was generally clean and people were nice. Breakfast was great. The only knock on this place was that the room smelled a little funny. Otherwise I was very happy. For 80 dollars a night, I have no real complaints.
1 night trip with friends Feb 23, 2013
"Dont' do it!"
The rugs in the hall were dirty. The outside door where it reads "This will remain locked for your safety", had a broken lock. The floor in the room was not vacuumed and the heat, when we finally had some, was very loud. Bus fulls of teenage skiers showed up in the middle of the night to run the halls with no security putting an end to it. Did not try breakfast, would not dare.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
denise
"was filthy"
While the staff at the Quality Inn were friendly, the hotel was filthy. We could also hear the guests staying in the neighboring room, connected by two doors that lock, as if they were in our same room. So it was extremely unusual and noisy. The indoor pool wasn't heated so you couldn't swim in it. The breakfast was acceptable but we worried about food safety given the level of filth in our room and the rest of the hotel.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2013
"Ski stay over"
It was ok but I wouldn't stay there again. It is old and run down and needs a total update top to bottom
2 night trip Jan 25, 2013
"Great weekend hotel"
very cozy and my kids loved it, especially the breakfast. Is located in a very convenient location
Other trip Jan 21, 2013
"convenient but cheap"
I guess you get what you pay for. The water for the shower took forever to heat up then got wickec hot and wouldnt cool back down. The whole building smelled very bad of body odor. The breakfast in the am was actually pretty decent.
1 night trip Jan 12, 2013
"Just fine, given the price."
Complimentary buffet breakfast is a nice touch! Other hotels will nickle and dime you to death, this one didn't.
2 night trip Jan 11, 2013
"Hotel Conditions and Amenities"
I was very disappointed with my stay at this motel. The first morning of my stay, the shower in my room did not work and was not usable. The shower knob was broken. When maintenance attempted to fix it, I could turn the water on but I could not adjust the temperature of the water. I nearly burned myself. That evening, I requested a room change and moved across the hall. The heat did not work, and a large portable space heater was given to me. I would also like to point out that the indoor pool was not available during our stay due to maintenance issues.
4 night family trip Dec 26, 2012
Barry
"Holiday visit"
The suite was large and had a full kitchen. The complimentary breakfast was also a plus. However, the indoor pool was closed and the tv had limited channels.
3 night trip Dec 27, 2012
"did the trick"
Overall, cheap and clean. A little loud, hot water ran out fast, driveways were not shoveled.
Other trip Dec 30, 2012
Service was great, folks were VERY friendly and helpful. Room was not as clean as it should have been. Cobwebs and dust in the corners, bathroom needed more attention. As a whole this hotel is in need of major updating. There was also a heavy odor of ciggarette smoke in the room andhallway.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2012
"Ramada stay"
Rooms were very basic, cable reception for the tv was very spotty, the phone in the room did not work, but the beds were fine, and the heater worked. (Sorta)
2 night trip Nov 16, 2012
Jeremy
The staff were very nice and helpful but there were many things not working properly in the room.
3 night trip Oct 12, 2012
"NICE SHOWER AND SWIM WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT"
Put swimming suit on headed to take a nice swim in the pool ,, only to put your foot in the water that was freezing cold. Would have enjoyed a romantic swim with my husband, the shower in the room was nice and warm I put shampoo in my hair and was floored with freezing cold water. yelled for help from my husband so I would not fall out of the tub, the room it self could have been cleaned right between by the wall and carpet was really dusty like it needed scrubed where the vacumn could not get,, found a bag from the person that stayed there before us behind the dresser.. Cleaning people do not even act like your there as far as speaking to you.
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2012
"A delightful bargain"
A wonderful room situated a couple of miles from historic downtown Rutland. The continental breakfast is generous and prepared with attention.
2 night trip Oct 16, 2012
Nothing special, clean but worn out
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2012
"happy it was only one night"
many things in disrepair or in need of replacement. Not what we anticipated given the Ramada name. Lucky for us we arrived late and tired were just there for 1 night. Breakfast was was not great hot items were cold. Will not stay there again
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
The woman at the desk was not very friendly. Lobby and down the hall smelled smokey. Our room was OK.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2012
"Don't do it!"
the room smelled of urine, the pool looked disgusting ... :(
Other trip Oct 10, 2012
"Yuck!"
The room was dirty and outdated. There was a lot of food under the bed (something of ours rolled under there and we threw it away)!The shower didn't work correctly and only two lights out of five actually had bulbs in them.
Other trip Oct 10, 2012
Jon
the bathroom in the room ceiling need to be repaired. no childern program on tv. the carpet need to be clean
2 night family trip Oct 6, 2012
allyson
"Good location and good staff"
We hardly stayed but overall a good experience. Location is perfect especially during the Fall as you can go to Lake George/Placid/ Champlain, NH or Vermonth within 3 hrs for foliage viewing based on the current conditions.
2 night family trip Oct 5, 2012
Uma
Rooms and service fair,No heat in either room, air not working in one.great breakfast and polite employees.didnt return phone call for information as promised.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2012
rich
"Convenient and Reasonable"
This motel once was very nice, but now it is worn down. The price was very reasonable, the room was spacious and clean, and the breakfast was first class. This is not a luxury hotel; but if you want a basic room at a reasonable price and an excellent breakfast, then I recommend Ramada Limited Rutland.
Romance trip Oct 6, 2012
Jerry
"Convenient location"
Room was very comfortable.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012