All hotels in New Carrollton, Maryland, United States of America
8500 Annapolis Rd, New Carrollton, MD, 20784, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"No refridgerator OR microwave ???"
Love this place. However, recently, they've made standard amenities into ala carte extras at an additional cost. Like, microwave & mini refridgerators. Not sure how one pays $115 plus per night and not get a fride and microwave automatically. A fridge and microwave are standard even in lower budget/lower quality hotels! Disappointing.
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2015
"Fun times"
Wish there was a pool and a fitness center
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Hope
"Was ok for a quick night. Needs improvements"
Room needs upgrade: (new beds would be great) plumbing needs to be checked out for improvement. Too old, looks like this was a very nice hotel in the past. Much to be desired.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Jose
"Ok for the price."
Double bed uncomfortable for two. Not very clean, hallway smells. Same breakfast everyday no change. Overall ok.
5 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"A wonderful night."
Bed= great Room= Lavish Staff= Polite I'll definite come again when the price is more affordable for me. ($55-65)
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
We appreciate your warm review. We hope that you will join us again.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2015
"No complaints here!"
great stay, great price
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Music to our ears! Thanks for the great review.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
Brad
Okay, but rooms need a makeover. Bathroom sink extremely nasty. Carpet has holes, worn out.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Dear Pat, We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review. I must apologize for the experience you had and wish that I had more details available. This is certainly not a Metro Points standard and we want to assure you that this was most certainly a unique situation. We do hope that you will visit again so that you can form a new impression of The Metro Points Hotel.
4 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Pat
"Shameful"
We stayed for 2 nights. They we came back for the afternoon after 3:30. Our room had not been made up as of yet. We had to call them for towels so we could shower. After we showered we went to dinner. Our room had been straightened, but they did not vacuum. The carpet was filthy. We did not have any cups in the room. We called, waited an hour called again. Finally after another hour and a half they came with cups.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Dear Diane, Thank you for providing your review. Your detailed feedback allows us the opportunity to understand how we are doing and where our management team needs to focus our attention on training and development. I apologize that your room had not been serviced prior to your return. Our team works until well after 4:00pm each day cleaning and servicing all of the rooms and they typically focus first on the departure rooms so that we are able to accommodate arriving guests at the 3:00pm check-in time. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused for your family. The other concerns you have highlighted are not representative of our goals and service standards at The Metro Points Hotel and I again extend our sincere apologies. I do hope you will visit again and allow us the opportunity to properly showcase a Metro Points experience. Yours in hospitality, Metro Points Hotel
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
"Would stay again"
We've stayed at this Metro Points hotel in the past. It's budget friendly and has a shuttle to the local metro which is convenient for daily trips into DC. The complimentary breakfast ensures we save time and money and keeps the kids happy. During our stay the hotel was transferring internet providers so our TV and Internet service was poor but I hope it gets better from here. The plumbing was also a little sensitive.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Hi Vicky, Thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough review. We appreciate you being a loyal guest who visits time and again, and we are delighted to learn that you noticed some of the upgrades currently in place at the hotel (now over 100 TV channels to choose from with our recent upgrade!). We apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced through the install, but thank you for your understanding. Come see us again soon!
5 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Vicky
It was nice and comfortable
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
It was our pleasure to host you on your recent trip to the DC area. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"K family"
Room was not properly cleaned. Breakfast was terrible.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Greetings K Family, We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, but we are alarmed to read that your stay was less than exceptional. Our housekeeping team takes great pride in welcoming our guests to clean and refreshed rooms every day. If you felt that your room was not properly serviced, we sincerely apologize, and the next time you are with us, we would invite you to share these details with one of our managers so that we can immediately have the issue resolved for you. We regret that we did not make a great impression on you for this visit and hope that you will allow us a second opportunity to showcase what a stay at The Metro Points Hotel should be.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Kishore
"DC"
everything was ok breakfast to early at 9am
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Hi Paulo, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. As we often evaluated our services, your feedback regarding the breakfast service is very beneficial. Thank you!
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Paulo
"Ok... But smelled weird!"
The hotel was clean for the most part but it had strange smells in the common areas and my room smelled like mildew.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Dear Bianca, Thank you for your review and feedback. I am alarmed to read that you had concerns with the smell of your room and want to assure you that this is certainly not the standard at The Metro Points Hotel. Our Housekeeping Team works very proactively to keep the rooms in great condition and I apologize that you have discovered an exception to that standard. Please do accept our apologies and we hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back.
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Bianca
"Wonderful place for a get away."
The view from the 10th floor is wonderful, reception and service is stellar, the room is excellent; in fact everything you need of a hotel is right here.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Hi Martin, Reviews like yours make the team proud of the work they do. Thank you for your kind words. The team was elated to read that you appreciated their hospitality. We hope to see you back again soon!
1 night trip Jul 3, 2015
MARTIN
Very nice hotel with wonderful price in the area
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Hi Bo, When choosing a hotel for the first time, it can often be about price. Now that you’ve been our guest, I hope that it’s our team and hotel that will have you coming back again soon!
2 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2015
Bo
"Work Trip 10-Decent stay"
Great value for the cost of this stay and for the pleasant and clean room. Employee's helpful and always available. The bar area downstairs was a pleasant feature that was busy every night! A nice stay again and would stay here when prices are decent again.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Hi Joseph, We’re glad you were able to relax and enjoy the bar! It sounds like you’ve been our guest a few times; thanks for allowing us to be your home-away-from home.
3 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
"Good experience."
Happily surprised with this hotel. Not one of the big names, but found them to be very accommodating, friendly service. I would recommend. Also, good breakfast.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Hi Theodore, We are one of those well-kept secrets and we’re thrilled that you found us. Thanks for your kind words.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Theodore
"Close to Metro"
In town for the 4th of July and to see the fireworks in DC. This hotel was veey close to the metro and it worked out very well for us. Front desk associates are very friendly!! I would stay here again.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Thanks for the review. I’m glad our location proved to be convenient for you and that the team made such an impression. Come back to see us again!
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Hotel staff are friendly and helpful.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Thanks for your kind words!
3 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
"Not bad"
Was ok for the price.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Hi Stanley, Thanks for the review. The next time you are in town, I hope that we can do better than just "ok". We aim to have every guest wowed, and we regret that you didn't depart with this impression. Do come back again soon to give us another try!
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Stanley
"Great place to stay!"
We stayed for two nights. Our room was clean and comfortable (we LOVED the pillows). My daughter and I spent our days in the city and just our nights at the hotel. Everytime we requested a shuttle pick up or drop off we were met by the nicest drivers. The young people working at the counter were pleasant, helpful, and friendly. I can't say enough about this wonderful hotel and the outgoing staff. We ate dinner at the restaurant twice (good food and service). We ate the complimentary breakfast once (eggs, homefries, pancakes, sausage, cereal), which was hot and plentiful. I would highly recommend this hotel!
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Dear Barbara, We are thrilled to learn that you had such a great visit to the DC area and we are proud to have been a part of that. We thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we look forward to seeing you and your daughter on a return visit.
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was immaculate and the bed was amazing.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
Karla, Thank you for your kind words! We hope you'll visit us again soon. Yours in Hospitality, Metro Points Hotel
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Karla
"splendid servicek"
It was very nice.
Response by Metro Points Hotel-Washington North
We appreciate your feedback.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
Lucky
"Disappointed!"
Stayed here last week and had an nice time. This time was terrible. I will list the issues: The room (1011) was run down, the carpet was wet (soaked my sock), the bathroom tissues had a sprinkling of dead gnats or fleas upon it, the door had no safety lock or chain - only door handle lock, the faux wood floor at the entrance was warped and worn and it creaked and bowed every time I stepped on it. The very worse thing was that the Air Condition did not cool the room. The room was humid and warm upon my arrival so I thought I'd give it time to cool down. It never did and as it was late I did not feel like switching rooms. I thought the chances were even that I would end up in a similar situation. And I almost forgot - the television was un-watchable. The sound quality was terrible and the screen was very small. In the morning I came down for the free breakfast at 6:30 (when it opens). Well, you get what you pay for. ;) It was jammed with people lining up for the so-so eggs and soggy pancakes. The coffee was not even worth drinking. Even for the reasonable $80/night I payed this time, I do not think I will take a chance coming back here.
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2015
Patrick
"Clean, quiet, easy, cheap"
Quiet, clean place to stay while taking the family to visit DC. Close to the Metro and a fairly easy drive into the city.
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Great value, great staff."
Everybody from the front desk to those that cleaned the room did a fantastic job of making our stay very enjoyable. Thanks to all of them.
5 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
"The most economical place for your money stay"
AC was a little loud other than that it was a great stay (problem was reported so it should be fixed for next customer) - able to communicate/ travel between Maryland and Washington DC through metro train. Guess services were awesome.
7 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Lawrence
"2nd visit - much improved"
When I arrived here and realized I'd stayed before I was annoyed with myself because the previous stay was disappointing with regards to the hotel restaurant and bar, and with no alternatives in the neighborhood. But I was pleasantly surprised by the improved menu at the hotel. There seemed to be a couple of new eating places in the same plaza, but the neighborhood is not conducive to exploration. The free breakfast is very good. The hotel has a nice fitness center, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. On both occasions there were many coach parties and large groups of schoolchildren. The free breakfast is very good.
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
Anne
Very happy with the shuttle service to and from the metro, and it was free! Happy that they offered free parking as well. Worked out really nice for my family. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a family visiting DC for the first time!
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"June 2015"
The hotel gave us almost everything we could want, but we would have been more comfortable with a roll away bed.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Raymond
"Comfortable stay"
Comfortable... Just hotel elevator doors were dirty and if someone completed work but didnt clean behind themselves.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
The stay was Great, The only thing I didn't like the lady at the resteraunt wouldn't give me no ketchup free
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
quincy
Close to metro stop, free shuttle service to metro every half hour, friendly and helpful staff. Great place to stay for the price. Breakfast good too!
4 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Not the greatest"
Towels were dirty. carpet in the room was in need of repair. Beds were on wheels which made just sitting on them strange.
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Needed a deposit even though I paid in advance
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Ulysses
"A quick fix to getting A/C when our wasn't working"
Our stay for 3 days ,were due to no A/C in our home. You were there to assist and accommodate family. We booked 2 adjoining rooms. The room floors were to noisy when you walk. The beds springs could be heard when you sit on the bed let alone when you lay down and turn over. Lack of comfort and support for a person who has chronic back pain. The shower walls needed more scrubbing ,I noticed the mold. Also, there were traces of hair on the bathroom walls behind the bathroom door. The wall paper needs to be replaced in the bathroom 717 & 715. The room carpeting is old and worn, replace it. Around the window areas the paint is cracking and chipped. Windows need washing as well. The cable service didn't have HBO. Your channels are low in rating for viewing. Dish Network service was poor. Rain interruption gave us the assessing signal. Their were lots of noisy children on my floor,constant running during their visit up and down the hall way. Groups with children need to be placed on a different floor all together and away from the soda and ice machine. The staff worked hard with getting HBO and they communicated with us each step of trying to get the connection. Overall you were there when we needed you! Thank you!
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
I had a great night stay. The employees were exceptionally pleasant and helpful
1 night trip Jun 19, 2015
Denise
"Do Not Believe The Pictures"
Not what I expected or even close to it.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
"not so nice"
Room smells, the only good about it was the free breakfast which was nice, lastly the reception service was not friendly.
2 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"Probably would not go back."
I would have to call this a Budget hotel although I didn't pay a budget price even after discount. The staff are the saving grace in the hotel but the room we had was run down. No refrigerator, although one could be rented, the sink had big cracks with no plug, the wardrobe had a piano hinge repair so the door did not shut, the TV speakers were blown, etc. The maintenance budget has been spent on the entrance and not where it is needed in the rooms. Our view out the window overlooked a dilapidate roof top covered in broken fence panels and HVAC equipment. It was such a let down, the pictures on the web site looked much better than the reality.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Phillip
"Just ok"
It was just ok.
3 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"great hotel"
We had a wonderful stay. I stayed there 2 years ago and this is the reason I chose this hotel again.The front desk was very friendly and helpful. I was about to go downstairs for more towels and the front desk guy was on my floor and said he would get them for me. The only thing is I wish they had a pool but that is not a big deal.
2 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
If they had room service for food it would be nice. Their breakfast stops by 9-9.30 AM, and one has to go downstairs for it. They do not have room service. Again they serve from 4.30 PM onwards, but no room service. Otherwise the room and its facilities were comfortable.
2 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Dr. Premila
"Nice Niche Hotel"
Great location just off the interstate...you can tell the hotel was another brand before and was converted...decent neighborhood...no pool...events hosted at hotel can detract from atmosphere...decent price.
6 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Jonathan
"Clean, but could be better."
Room was very clean. Ice machine did not work, & no refrigerator or microwave in room. No place to hang your towels or put your clothes in bathroom. They have shuttle to metro, but it is not prompt to pick u up. We had to wait 30 minutes once & is only 3 minutes from hotel. Also, very few good restaurants in the area.
3 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Vikky
"Okay Stay"
Pros: the front desk staff was very friendly. the hotel was really quiet. Cons: the rooms are really small as well as the beds. the TV didn't have that many channels. kind of smelled like mildew when you first walked in. and they change you card $50 for a holding fee and it takes 5 to 7 business days to be put back on your card. I think its kind of crazy to charge $10 for a microwave and $10 for a refrigerator and $10 per day. That's a little crazy. But overall it was a pretty ok hotel. I would not stay there again but if I really needed to I would.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Victoria
"Excellent choice"
Great staff very professional clean room excellent cleaning
5 night trip Jun 6, 2015
Alfred
"Enjoyed our stay while traveling to DC"
We enjoyed our stay very much! Only issue we had was with parking the first night because of some party that was held in the conference room and then the last night because of bus parking.
4 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Katrina
"SO ACCOMMODATING!"
My husband is in a wheelchair, so I had requested an accessible room. When we arrived at the hotel, I was advised that since the hotel was very busy, the accessible room was not available and they upgraded us to a junior suite. The room was very large and comfortable. The shower had only a very small step-up. I called guest services and requested a shower chair and more hangers and both were brought to our room in about 10 minutes. The free breakfast was very good; the bed in our room was comfortable; and the people at the front desk were all very nice, professional and so accommodating to our needs. I will not hesitate to stay at this hotel the next time we visit our family.
7 night family trip May 27, 2015
mary ann
"stayed 6/5/15"
Was not a bad place although the room could have been cleaned better that is really the only complaint
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015