All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
4060 Galt Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33308, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hotel on the beach, with clean pool."
Great long weekend. On the beach. Clean pool with plenty of chairs (in sun or shade) & towels. Nice music. Refrigerator & microwave in room. Comfortable beds. Lucky to check in early.
Pat
"Friendly staff and clean rooms."
Staff was friendly and helpful from front desk, valet, maids, tiki bar tender, concierge, and store clerk. The place was clean. People have commented on the rooms being dated, but to us, so what. Heck, I'm dated, but I'm clean ! Beach was nice and groomed
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
SteveJan
I love the access to the beach! Staff is always very friendly. Great pool and tiki!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Good Place to Stay"
The bathroom was too small and the edge of the tub sticks out by the sink and we kept hitting our toes on it. Ouch!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Close to the beach, but..."
Hotel staff very nice. Nice pool area. Beautiful beach, but beach chairs must be rented. No personal chairs or coolers allowed on the beach. Beds need to be updated. New mattresses with queen size instead of double. Very uncomfortable. Valet parking only up front. Self parking is across the street for $15 per day.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Nice hotel on the beach"
It was lovely to walk on the beach in the sunrise every morning and have a drink on our room terrace at sunset. Walking distance from restaurants, shops and pleasant public park and square at Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. Good food at the hotel's restaurant and the pool bar with the great view of the ocean and launging chairs on the beach and overlooking the beach, where the ocean was clean and beautiful. Street sidewalks and walkways were all nicely planted. Overall a great experience.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Tanya
"Good Location, On the Beach"
Excellent location on the beach. Staff was helpful and pleasant, willing to help. Room maid did not seem to speck much English so it was hard to convey my issue with bed sheet, it kept coming off during the night. The bed mattress was way to soft for my taste and it was causing my wife and I to gravitate to the middle. This will stand out in my mind when making hotel choice next year.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Good hotel by the beach!"
Behind this hotel is direct access to the ocean & it is beautiful! We got a good package deal by booking flight + hotel. Not sure how price compares normally. Something to remember is the extra little fees like parking per day (plus tips) and chairs, seats, etc. to rent on the beach. The pool and hot tub are great. The staff was very friendly for the most part.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Eddie
"on the Beach !"
wanted a hotel right on the beach and this definetly delivered ! you don't need to cross the street or drive just walk from your room to the beach . I read many reviews on the hotels in the area and the top priority was the beach just steps away and of course the view from the pool area overlooking the beach . The room was neat , clean and comfortable but I didn't book for the room I booked for the beach , isn't that reason we leave the snow behind and head to a warm location !
"Great Vacation!"
Beautiful setting, happy to be right on beach with beautiful and well maintained pool area and music on speakers. Staff is nice. Felt very safe for my kids to walk around property independently. Management did a decent job of keeping people who are not guests of the property away- sometimes non-guests tried to use facilities but staff politely and quietly asked them to leave Would like to see update on bedroom furnishings and also some some choice of pillows. Beds were comfortable but dresser, table and carpeting could use updating. For people who enjoy long beach walks, Lauderdale by the Sea is a nice destination.Cute town w shops and restaurants. The amenities run by outside vendors were a little overpriced which detracts- their very basic mini golf is $12.00 per person. A simple thing like this could be a lot of fun if it were not a surcharge. As it is I never saw anyone bother to use what could add a fun element to this property. Management should rethink this. Fees for beach chairs, umbrellas and parking were somewhat less than similar properties, so while I'd rather not have to pay for this I accepted it.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Great hot tub. Big pool. Only 2 gripes are too much shade provided from all of the palm trees around the swimming area and no coolers or outside food allowed.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Good location, but a tired property..."
Very tired hotel. Needs updating.
3 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"definetly will come vack"
Friendly staff, accommodating , great experience , clean, beach offers jetski and other activities I can't ask for more. Pleasent stay!!!!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"The Ocean Sky is a great hotel on the beach"
The Ocean Sky Hotel and Resort is a great place right on the beach. The price is reasonable, the accommodations are wonderful, the staff is professional, and there are many nice restaurants and places to shop within walking distance. They arranged a ride for us (at a reasonable rate) from/to the airport so there was no need for us to rent a car.
"Ocean Sky"
The rooms our nice the location is great. This was my fourth time staying there the only down side is the 15.00 dollars a day for parking and it is time to change out the mattress. Would I go again probly
Wayne
"Nice-walking distance to restaraunts-right on beac"
This hotel was pretty nice. We checked in at 1:00 when check in wasn't supposed to start until 3. They put us in room 211 which was supposed to be partial ocean view and I could barely see the ocean at all. I called the front desk and they moved us to Room 925 no problem. It was a great view! Pretty clean.. The rooms were a tad outdated but was perfect for our getaway! Parking fee of $15 a day is a little silly but there is no where else to park. I would stay here again.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Britney
"Great beach access"
Our room was 30 ft from beach elevator which was less than 100 ft from hot tub and another 20 ft from pool. Very confident even for those in rooms on the far side of the hotel. Resturaunt was average but again very close to beach elevator.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Garry
"ocean sky"
Aside the front desk, the hotel staff especially the pool staff were unfriendly and at times surly. Room AC had terrible controls. You either froze or baked. Room dingy and old. Ceiling stained Furniture tired. TV doesn't work right.
gary
"On the beach"
On the beach and within walking distance of coffee shop food store restaurants would stay again
karen
"Nice hotel on the beach"
Good location, nice beach, friendly staff. The staff was very knowledgable about the area and attractions.
"beware!!!!"
By far the worst customer service I've ever experienced. We are non smokers but were asked to leave for smoking on the balcony when we had been down at the pool all afternoon. After explaining that it couldn't have been us we were still told to leave the hotel and charged another $150 smoking fine. Biggest rip off I've ever seen.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Kerri
"Beautiful Hotel, pool, beach and great staff."
I was nervous booking because of some of the reviews on the sites. Nonsense!! It was a beautiful hotel located right on the beach. Huge pool that was very clean & warm. Accommodating, friendly staff. We arrived before check-in, they stored our luggage and we were allowed to use all facilities. Lots of stores, shops and food for nice walks. Only complaint, Mini golf cost ridiculous. We had kids- 4 & 14 yr old with us and already promised. I was upset to say the least and complained, would have liked credit back but didn't get it so read their fine print...but other then that the place deserved 5 stars ***** ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.
Vicki
"Pleasant hotel with limitations"
Hotel on the beach, but staying and seating on the beach will cost $30.00 per couple parking $15.00 per day
"On the beach!"
This was my 5th stay at Ocean Sky and we'll return again. For location, this is a great choice. The staff is welcoming and helpful, realized there were spring break guests and I asked if we could be on a higher floor. Our hotel desk agent happily moved us to the 8th floor, nice room, we were away from too much noise and the view from the upper floors is much better. The ocean is only a few steps from the pool deck. There is a tiki bar and enough lounge chairs and towels. It is a (we checked) .8 mile walk to the Lauderdale by the Sea restaurants, an effective way to rationalize indulging. They do charge for extras, beach chairs, umbrellas, cabanas on pool deck, none essential but an option. The restaurant does a good job for snacks and light meals when you want to stay and enjoy the beach and pool. Tiki bar is much quieter than next door's livelier choice, and we think it's nicer but drinks could definitely use an overhaul.
Eileen
"On the beach."
Some of the house keeping was not up to par. Little things were missed such as replacing used glasses, leaving the water in the ice bucket all week. No clean liner supplied for it.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Juede
"Weekend getaway"
We chose this location because it was on the beach as opposed to crossing A1A which is very busy. What we didn't know was that it would cost us $30/day for two chairs and an umbrella. The hotel doesn't provide any seating on the beach at all, only the pool.
4 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
steve
"Beautiful and right on the beach."
After upgrading our room to a suite (our previous view was a concrete roof with an air conditioner on top) we had a beautiful, perfect view and a huge, comfortable clean suite. We had a fabulous time. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
D.
"I would stay here again."
Everything was acceptable. Breakfast outside at the restaurant was nice. Beach was clean. Security let us use the jacuzzi real late at night.
3 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
The restaurant needs more variety.Cleaning personal had no realiable time came in at different Hours everyday .
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Nice location. Unfriendly staff"
Perfect location on the beach with easy access to grocery store. Staff was very unfriendly. We were asked everyday if we were staying at the hotel, and lady would give you a very hard time about receiving towels. Room was not cleaned until 4pm everyday.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Girls Trip
Nice hotel. Clean room (older hotel) and friendly staff. Nothing fancy, but enjoyed for our 4 day vacation. During spring break, one loud night, otherwise very quiet.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Great choice!"
Exceptional staff. More than accommodating. Nice pool. Right on the beach. Great area of Ft. Lauderdale. I would definitely recommend it to friends!
3 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
hotel was ok right on the beach and about half way between oakland park st and commercial st so a car is needed.Parking 15 $ a day not bad but they charge 15 dollars a day for a beach chair. other hotels and condos near them the chairs are free. Rooms were clean and as expected except we had to ask almost everyday for wash clothes. not a bad hotel but wouldnt stay again because of charge for beach chairs.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
nick
"Ok at best"
I was surprised that everything had a cost. No free coffee in the foyer,pay to park at your own hotel,things like that. I paid $200 a night for hotel. Cheep ones at least have those things. Next time I would do more research looking for those types of benefits.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
We loved pretty much everything about this place. Clean and comfy rooms and a nice balcony. The beach is also very nice. It is a very quiet place to be.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Peaks
"Go to Motel 6 would have been cleaner and better."
that should say it all. the night shift staff is worst i have ever seen. room dirty. the best of all when the staff asks where you want to park your car.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
convenient, spacious patio, nice beach, dining area dated, breakfast food good. Did not care for dinner menu.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Low Class Hotel"
The Restaurant was over priced, slow (that is an understatement), and had terrible quality food. We ordered Mahi and Snapper, and it was the same frozen fish on both plates. $200 bill for 4 people. When we talked to the owner he gave us 2 drink tickets for canned beer or a well drink. Wow, thanks. The carpet was torn up, the room was dirty, and the mattress had to have been 20 years old. It smelled like mold. No, it smelled like mold AND feet after running a 1/2 marathon in August. The tub was not draining, so maintenance came up and dug out a large hair wad and threw it on the top of our garbage can. Disgusting. I asked that he please take the garbage out with him as I did not want to see that in my room. I got a dirty look and he stomped over and took it out. Sorry man, I don't want to look at 50 other peoples hair and soap scum for the rest of my stay. I would never stay at this hotel again. It is unfortunate, as the location is great, and the pool and beach are really nice. But it is not worth getting ripped off and being disgusted everywhere you look. I travel for a living, and have stayed in many, many other counties. So I am no stranger to sub-par hotels, etc. But if you are coming for a vacation, do not stay at this place. There are many others far better than Ocean Hair Sky.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Great view of the ocean. Wonderful deck and pool area.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Terrific overall hotel, a bit run down."
Great location, situation on beach, facilities, staff. Limited room service options and sort of crappy overall upkeep. Perfect place for vacation
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Jonathan
"Would go back"
Good spot and the beach and pool area was perfect. One of the beds we had seemed lopsided. Good stay overall
3 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Christopher
"Great location right on the beach"
Convenient location. It was perfectly priced for an escape from the New England snow! Hotel staff was friendly. Resturant was disappointing (decor dated), but the food served at the Tiki Bar looked great.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
Jane
"Nice location, but disappointed."
Nice area. Rooms were fairly expensive. Service was average at best. The second day there no maid came in to clean our room. I felt like I was being nickled and dimed. from charging for chairs on the beach, to charges for airport transfer fees (cost more than a cab) to charging me upfront $125 in case I had any furture charges to the room. Upon check in I received one complimentary cocktail, but I there were two in my party. Kind of chintzy, I thought. Staff was not very informative about the smallest questions. No fitness room avilable due to construction, so something very important to me, was unavailable and no appology or compensation was offered. Never even asked if I enjoyed my stay on the way out.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
jack
"The bathroom needed to be redone. On the beach."
We were there only few days. I don't think they should charge a parking fee for hotel guests staying there. and the restaurant charges gratuity on everything. My son wanted a can of soda and they charged tax and gratuity for a can of coke $3.00. The breakfast was fine in the restaurant. Our stay was short but we enjoyed it.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Adequate."
Outside restaurant is dirty and the staff is grumpy and rude. The room was clean and comfortable. The lounge chairs are lined up like a can of sardines, with people tripping over each other just to sit down. They really miss the boat with outdoor service - people were walking across to McDonald's all day and night for frozen drinks which should have been available at the bar/restaurant. Silly business practice.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Ema
"pretty hotel, hidden gem on the beach."
The check in staff were nice and friendly. took long to get rooms clean though.Returned from all day conference at 4PM and cleaning crew still two rooms away. Wow. Nevertheless an obstructed view of the beach from the balconies looked very good. in room cofee,fridge and microwave made stay more comfortable
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
d
"Condemned the room and Poor Customer Service"
We were in room 627 and checked out on 2/9. It was in the worst condition of any hotel we've stayed in. Prior to getting this room we asked if we could move closer to the beach, which did happen. This is why we didn't ask to move again. The last day we asked to see the manager Cecilia. She came up with the housekeeping supervisor. We pointed out all the discrepancies. I wish I could post the pictures. Cecilia said that we should have called her when we first got in the room and not waited until checkout day. She wasn't very nice. Here are some of the problems: the ceiling had water stains all over, the one table had the floor mica torn off of the middle and someone wrote on it with a pen. They just covered it up with a book. The shower had mold on the tile, the toilet seat had chips on it. The head boards appeared not to have been dusted for months. Cecilia said that she was going to condemn the room until it completely fixed. We were asked what we wanted and we said that we just wanted to let you know of the quality of the room and if you would like to compensate us that would be fine. We did also mention that the valet was only available half the time at night. They charge $15.00 a day for parking. Cecilia called us back in the room and said since we didn't notify her immediately she could only take off $100.00 for the room and $45.00 for the parking. Our bill was $1,900.00. We will not be going back.
7 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
"Hotel on the beach."
The hotel has a great location. The outdoor facilities were great. It is within walking distance to restaurants and a grocery store. The Lobby is beautiful. The rooms are definitely dated but mostly clean. There was a musty odor in the room upon arrival. This lessened after the air conditioning was run for a while. There were a few small bugs (little ants or spiders?) noticed on the bathroom counter and counter by the coffee pot. We found the daytime hotel staff to be much more friendly and helpful than the night staff. Overall an OK stay.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Ocean SkyHotel - Partial Ocean View Room"
Hotel was clean, view from balcony was GREAT. Staff was very nice, towels, bedding very nice. The hotel is a little run down, and lacked FURNITURE!. The room had one small table and two hard chairs. One or two comfy arm chairs would have been very nice. The balconey had two chairs and NO TABLE. No where to put my beverage =( I did like very much the fridge and microwave =)
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Pat
"Ok hotel on the beach"
Ok hotel considering price we paid....beach pool and pool bar were nice clean and enjoyable. We were assigned an accessible room which (without a bathtub) which was very difficult to manage as we have a 1 yr old. We were not told about the room upon check in which was upsetting as they had no other rooms avail on that floor with the rest of our party. The hotel has an old feel to it but its clean and maintained. The beds and pillows were NOT comfortable which was a huge dissapointment. Our room had a small balcony which was actually a nice perk! Overall it was a nice experience but definitely not the nicest resort /hotel out there.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015