All hotels in Muskegon Heights, Michigan, United States of America
150 South Seaway Drive, Muskegon Heights, MI, 49444, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

2.7
    2.4
"Decent lodgings"
Decent lodgings for the price, just don't go wandering in the neighborhood!!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Bryan
"Unprepared for guests"
Room was clean. The cleaning staff and staff in breakfast area were friendly, courteous, and helpful. Ice machine was broken the whole four nights we were there. Outlet in bathroom didn't work. The third night there we weren't supplied any facial cloths or toilet paper . I called front desk and they finally responded the fourth or fifth call. They said they would bring facial clothes, extra towels, and toilet paper right up to our room. They never came. I went to front desk in the morning. The clerk handed me towels and toilet paper so I could take them back to our room. Still no facial clothes. I rate front desk clerk a 1.5.
4 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2014
Peggy Kawa
"terrible, VERY disappointing usually love Rd Roof"
This Inn needs a lot of updates very run down stained carpets an 2nd floor has no elevator. The curtains were dirty an the carpets were stained an tub was dirty also. The only good thing in the hotel was the staff an the area where they served breakfast had been updated.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Tammy
Would not recommended this place at all No no no no no no no no
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Close to E-way"
Close to E-way. Hallway and stairway carpet were very dirty. But room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Bath tub did not drain when we were taking showers , which kinda grossed us out. When we were leaving we heard a big dog barking in someones room.....But you get what you pay for.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Julia
Bad neighborhood, did not feel safe in the hotel. Rooms, pool and lobby were dirty and unkempt.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"overall yucky"
carpet going down hall and up the stairs was terribly stained and dirty. Very old and run down. Shower pressure was awesome. Pool was able to hold 30 people max but the motel was able to house 4 times that many people. I believe that there were at least 100 rooms. Continental breakfast was pretty good.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"It will work for a night or two..."
The staff was friendly. There was a breakfast of muffins, bagels, apples, oranges, cereal, oatmeal, donuts, milk and juice. The price was right. However, the ice machines were constantly out of ice, the carpet was severly stained, when we turned on the air conditioner it made the room smell like urine and the neighborhood isn't that great. But it worked for us for two nights.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Andria
"Dirty hotel"
Doors to rooms were dirty with fingerprints, the hall floors had stains and spills all over them. The heated pool that is advertised has a compasity of 30 people. The free WFI did not work in the room my kids had to sit in the hallway in order for them to use. Would not stay at this hotel again
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Overall the motel was O.K., it could of been in a better location.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
It was a nice hotel for what we needed, not the best but not the worst either. The room was nice kind of bummed that the hair dryer didn't work but otherwise no complaints.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2014
"Traveling with a pet"
This is a great place to stay if you are traveling with the family pet. No additional fees and no discrimination based on size or breed of dog. Very simple rules; one pet per room, don't leave animal unattended, and mind your manners. All pet owner should follow these rules anyway.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
The common areas looked pretty "tired" and in need of a facelift but the room was very nice, especially for the price. The staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Nice room, BUT"
The room itself had been recently updated, but the hotel was not in good condition at all. There was a big gap at the bottom of the door that almost every room had. The neighborhood was not the greatest either. I guess in a pinch it would work, but way over priced for what you get
Valerie E
"The pictures lie"
I have found in the past that typically if the hotel has nice pictures and the rooms look recently remodeled then the hotel will be "ok". This hotel proved this theory wrong. This is by far the most expensive "nasty" hotel I have ever stayed at. I have stayed at worse hotels, but I knew what I was getting into. They were normally cheap and for the cost it was worth it. At over $100 a night this hotel is more like a $45 a night room, at best. The hotel is very old and run down and what Red Roof did was slap a coat of paint on the problems instead of fixing what was really wrong. The rooms stink, it smells of mold and mildew, which is probably because either (1) the bathroom vents do not work or (2) the air conditioning units are old and need replaced. The bathrooms also have mold all around the top of the shower stalls and the paint is bubbled everywhere. The bathrooms have not been remodeled. Also, I have never in my life seen carpet in the hallways that bad before. They were completely covered in stains. They were also very badly lit. I could go on and on with things that were broke or just plain gross. We had a group there and all of their rooms were just as bad. I have never written a bad review before but this was a very large disappointment. I am all for a good deal but I highly suggest staying in another hotel. It is totally worth an extra $50 to stay where I felt it was clean. Do not stay here.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Baseball mom
"A Place to spend the night"
In the summer Lake Michigan is GORGEOUS, but hotels are at a shortage. This hotel bordered on a "tough" area and was way out dated. Rooms clean, but carried a strong smell of Fabrez. Bathroom in a rough state, door cant open all the way cuz it hits the toliet. Paint chipping, bad / stained tile grout Just really old, and not well kept. Arrived on a Friday night, Sign on pool "Pool Hours 8 AM to 10 PM" Who are they accommodating? A business person who likes to get up early and work out and swim? A late arrival who might want to hang in the hot tub from 10 to 11 pm? If that was not bad enough a million kids in the pool / hot tub, scared away us paying adults. Breakfast in AM free, however cereal, bagel, donuts and yogurt does not reflect much more than a carb fest, maybe a hardboil egg, a sausage?? I must say, I slept fine and the staff was very pleasant. I technically did not need much more than that. Thankful for a room during a busy time of year,
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Laurie
This hotel was not updated. It was dirty and the the surrounding neighborhood was run down. I will never stay there again. Not a good hotel or area for a family with young kids.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2014
Centered between Grand Haven and Muskegon. It was great. Staff was helpful. Hotel building is older but was clean and well kept. We had a great time there.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Not very clean. Uncomfortable bed."
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were able to recommend a very nice, local bar/restaurant that we enjoyed. But that was about the only good thing. The carpet was disgusting. The bed had a huge divot in the middle so we kept rolling toward the center. The room was relatively clean except for the carpet, which was sticky and stained.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Good hotel bad area."
Hotel was okay for the night nothing fancy but the area was not a good one.
Rebecca
DOGS BARKING ALL NIGHT LONG. KIDS JUMPING AND RUNNING AT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT. VERY DIRTY AND HORRIBLE SMELL IN HALLWAYS. POOL WAS VERY SAMLL AND DISAPPOINTING. FOR THE MONEY THIS WAS NOT A VALUE. NOT ENOUGH PARKING AND THE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WAS VERY DISAPPOINTING AS WELL. POT HOLES IN DRIVEWAY AND DOESN'T APPEAR THEY OWN A MOWER OR ANYONE TO TAKE CARE OF MAINTENENCE. OVERALL JUST VERY DISAPPOINTING
"The room smelled very bad."
The room smelled very bad. No microwave, no refrigerator, very simple.
patty
"Pink Roof Inn"
Hotel needs renovation badly. Carpets in hallways are disgusting! There were car with a broken window in parking lot so take your belongings inside. Our toilet seat stopped working. Roof wasn't really red anymore so we called it Pink Roof Inn...
Jii
"Fit its purpose"
The hotel was close to the Double JJ Ranch during Electric Forest Festival so we needed to crash one night and we did. I wouldn't normally stay in a place like this but it was close and we only had to sleep a few hours. Inside the rooms might have been renovated but the toilet wasn't flushed when we got in the room... The hallway was the old style of the hotel and the area wasn't the nicest. I wouldn't stay there again if I didn't have to.
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Nice, don't expect much"
The rooms have new updates and appeared nice, but the common areas and hallways are...not. Remote didn't work - needed new batteries. Tried to call desk about it but the phone didn't work. Overall, the place had lots of stains, caulk cracks, cigarette burns, etc. I was expecting a lot more for the price we paid. The staff was helpful, which took part of the sting away. I like RRI generally, but I was really disappointed with this visit. The breakfast was good (nothing hot). The pool was tiny. The clientele tended to be hooliganish - take that for what you will.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Ok place"
I liked the hotel the location is not the greatest but I'd stay again
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Malinda
"Well..."
The hotel is not in a very good l
2 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
"Great stay great price"
Everything was perfect with the room and staff The only problem we had was 1 ice machine wasn't working. Lots of people there for a tournament so that was issue. Staff did get is ice when ever they weren't busy
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
steve
Carpeting in halls and room stained. Stains on bedspread. Dirty rooms.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Clean bathroom, trash had not been emptied from last guest. Good breakfast.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Debbie
"A little disappointed"
Not very clean, pretty run down, and the pool was VERY tiny. On the bright side, the staff was very friendly and it was the best continental breakfast we had during our 10-day trip through Michigan.
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2014
Jake
"Close to baseball fields"
This is not a new site, but was very clean and the staff very pleasant. Only issue was walking down for towels for the next morning since none left after the day cleaning of the room. Very nice facility that saved me about $100 a night.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Nice hotel easy access and close to everything."
I wasn't expecting our stay to be as nice as it was considering the reviews I had read concerning this certain hotel. I was surprised at how easy it was to find as well as the location it was to all the local attractions. Was concerned about accessibility to the pool considering the size. Which was never an issue. Our room was nice and clean and they had everything set up and ready for us. Getting any extras was never a issue. Overall our stay there made our vacation that much more enjoyable. Besides a slight incident with just one of the staff memebers, which the manager sincerely apologized about, the staff was very pleasant and helpful with any questions we had. I would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends. And we will most definitely be back to stay. Any time we will be staying in the area this is the place we will be going. Not only affordable but comfortable as well.. Thanks Red Roof Inn, Muskegon, MI.
Charisse
"Decent Place to stay"
My wife and I were happy about the service and the condition of our room. However, the carpet in the hallways & the stairs are absolutely horrible, very dirty and stained. I hope they do something about this soon because it really affects the way you feel when you first walk into the room's area....
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
Hotel served its purpose. Not to far from the park at a decent price. Pool was tiny though
"Struggling"
The hotel is in a neighborhood where the other building are boarded up. The outside of the hotel looks uninspiring. Inside the halls are dingy and carpet is worn. The rooms are redone, fresh paint and new furniture. The place was full and busy, and was noisy, but settled down at night.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Good bargain for the money."
Pleasantly surprised, not noisy, staff was extremely courteous and friendly. Would stay there again. Room had been renovated but the detail work was lacking.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Sally
"Very Disappointing!!!"
When I first walked into the hotel I noticed how dirty & stained the hallway carpets were. The door to my room seemed flimsy and not secure as with other hotel's I've stayed at. The hotel room at a glance didn't look bad but had a odor to it and the sheets smelled like body odor. I also noticed the faucet in the shower had black mold growing on it, the bathtub didn't drain, and one of the towels I went to use wasn't clean. I didn't feel safe at this hotel and was extremely disappointed. The fridge in my room made an annoying noise and people were banging doors all night not to mention cars revving their engines outside my window. I was participating in a bike-a-thon the next morning and was only able to get about 2 hours of sleep.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Cindy
"Beautiful Room"
Was kind of leary about the location but it was fine, the room was amazing. Highly reccomend!
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Keith
"Easy highway access"
This is an older hotel and could use some upgrading. The fluorescent light in the bath had a nauseous flicker . We were immediately given an identical room with all things working. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. There is still a noticeable smoking odor residue, mainly in the halls. The room had been pretty well deodorized. The continental breakfast was pretty standard but well done. Overall for an overnight it was more than adequate.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
The room was ok, it was clean, the ice machine in our hall was broken, and there were a few random stains on the comforter... But over all it was nice
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Not great but was all that was available..."
I would stay again but it's a last resort. very shabby in general, though room was clean. King bed sagged horribly, shower faucet came off in my hand, loud kids and parties in hall... generally trashy atmosphere.
3 night romance trip May 23, 2014
It was worst stay.. door was not working..they changed room lock was not working... it was overall pathetic... very bad I will not stay here any time ...
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"very pleased"
Loved the room we got when we checked in, after such a long drive on a motorcycle it was very impressive! The front desk person was very nice!!
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Doreen
"Looking for Pet friendly"
We arrived at the hotel late and we were tired. We have a yorkshire terrier and we realize that many pet friendly hotels are dumpy. I gave this particular hotel an OK rating. We may have to stay there again as it was the only pet friendly option for the Lake Express Ferry service to Milwaukee. The linens were clean but not white, white. The bed was comfortable.
Other trip May 23, 2014
Jo and C
"Terrible"
Floor was not cleaned. Children ran around and people hanged out in the lobby. The hotel was supposed to be a non-smoking but the room smelled very stuffy.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2014
"WIFI is slow; Verizon phones do not work here."
I thought I was back in the 80's on dial up. Forget uploading time sensitive documents for work. I could not even pull up a webpage inside of 2 minutes. I had to drive around the corner to another hotel and sit in the parking lot just to get those documents uploaded. If you are looking for a cheap hotel to unplug from life... more power to you... but if you need your verizon phone service or WIFI to work... look elsewhere.
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2014
"Suite was very nice."
Very nice bed. Nice and quiet. Continental breakfast could be a little better.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
patti
The hotel room was recently renovated. Nice room. However the bath tub drain was partially clogged and caused a water back-up while showering. The cleaning lady had stuffed the coffee maker electrical cord into the water compartment. The breakfast was at 6am, I left before then and had counted on hotel coffee.. This could be a GREAT value if those items are addressed.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
Mike S.
We had a great stay. The room was AMAZING for the price, it was super clean, it was nice and quiet. I'll admit I was definitely not expecting everything to be as nice as it was. It was a pleasant surprise.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2014