All hotels in Muskegon Heights, Michigan, United States of America
150 South Seaway Drive, Muskegon Heights, MI, 49444, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

Location is ok
    Dirty
    Poor vibe
    Bad internet service
    Bad amenities
"???????"
Hotel was located by abandoned buildings. The foundation is in terrible condition as none of the floors are level. I am positive that it would fail an inspection. The plumbing in the shower was terrible; it went from super hot to super cold, that was an experience..... Cleanliness was bad at best. Pet hair and fur everywhere, trash in the hallways, carpet is stained. My room smelled like rubbing alcohol. The room my daughter and mother stayed in smelled like the Monkey rooms at U of M where I work. Terrible ammonia, urine, and feces smell. Also the Pluming in their room the water went to the back of the tub and not toward the drain. No service to the rooms when we stayed. Had to ask for towels and that was limited. This particular Red Roof Inn had folks living at the Hotel. (What is Red Roof Inn's policy on this?) Several broken down vehicles in the parking lot, flat tires, busted windows.... Also some of the younger folks who do live at the hotel like to loiter in the front desk area (pool area) and exercise room. Dogs barking continually. Not very professional. Continental breakfast was very poor. The say the least it was a very poor experience, especially for $288.58 a night. I have stayed in much higher class hotels for less money per night. Again this was very disappointing. Red Roof Inn may want to investigate how this hotel is run and if they really want to consider keeping their name on such a terrible building and place of business.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Vinnie
"Nice Hotel close to everything!"
Nice hotel, our room was clean. I was a little iffy when I saw the hallways that lead to the rooms. But once in the room it was very nice and clean. Room was very cozy. It was near everything. We went to Michigans Adventures for a weekend and stayed here over night and was real close. Also near all major stores such as meijers and walmart. The staff were the best! The receptionist was very nice and professional and made us feel very welcome!! Will be coming back!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Alex
"Bad area, most businesses were closed up!"
Sketchy place, didn't ever feel comfortable. Carpets were dirty, not vacuumed! Very overpriced for the conditions.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Advertised as newly remodeled but it is not."
Someone changing baby diaper right in pool while we were checking in. Forget about kids swimming in the tiny pool. Someone peeing in the parking lot when returning to hotel second night. Fire alarm went off in the middle of night and woke us. Had to walk through employees smoking area to get into lobby. Room was not cleaned and we were not given fresh towels on the second day apparently because we didn't hang the service sign on our door. Property overall not well kept. Staff was not very responsive to our complaints either.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Not the best"
A false fire alarm went off at 1 am both nights. Room telephone didn't work. Carpet in halls is dirty. Toilet kept running until I fixed it. Turned off by hotel staff crowding tight main door area to smoke. Bad smell in room.
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
"A pleasant surprise and treated like family"
The staff was wonderful. They answered our questions before booking as we had a pet traveling with us. They were just as nice and helpful after we checked in. They accommodated our family (four legged members too) as if we were their extended family. The checked with us to be sure our room was satisfactory after check in and even offered bottled water for our dog so that the change to city water wouldn't upset her tummy. They were always greeting us with a smile and a friendly hello when we came into contact. There had been another guest whom backed into our truck before we were up in the morning and they were very helpful with us in reporting it to our insurance company and being a witness since the driver left the scene. The hotel is in an older part of town and older itself but we felt very safe and had no worries. The room was neat and orderly when we checked in and the pool and hot tub were a great way to relax and let the kids play. They even had recommendations for nearby restaurants that we never would have tried otherwise. It felt like staying with family. We would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Aleisha
"Beware"
Should've known to turn away once we saw you could stay there for monthly rate for a discount. We had to sign a waiver saying we wouldn't have a party in the room otherwise we would be kicked out. The smell of the room was terrible. People were walking up and down the hallway all night. We didn't even dare go into the free breakfast area in the morning. We packed up and requested to get refunded for our second night because we did not want to stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
The hotel was out dated and in need of work. The hallways had an odor, but suprisingly the rooms didn't smell.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"hotel red"
Great room....very clean and comfy
1 night family trip May 18, 2015
Rafeal
"Better than I expected"
Hotel was great, except for the smell of dirty mayonnaise permeating some of the hallways. Lobby was clean, pool area was so/so (hot tub water looked dirty but we swam anyway), breakfast was decent. Parking was safe and lighted. Rooms are much nicer that the hallways suggest. Seems like it's part interim lodging, part hotel.
2 night business trip May 9, 2015
"Pet friendly"
We chose this hotel because it was the only pet friendly hotel in the area. Wi-Fi signal was weak and not reliable. plenty of TV channel options. Other patrons allowed their toddlers to swim in the pool naked so we decided not to use the pool. The hotel served its purpose for us and was a value. There is a resident population at the hotel so alot of people hanging out in the hallways. The parking lot is well lit. We had no issues with our vehicle overnight.The hotel is easy to get to with easy in/out. The neighborhood is run-down. All the staff members we encountered were friendly and offered a smile.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Dad
"Not Happy :("
I followed the description on Expedia , and I thought the hotel looks nice & clean , I even booked a suite. I was very disappointed. From the moment I entered the door the whole hotel smells like a ashtray (smoking), inside and outside the room. The Ice machine is broken, and only one working in whole hotel. I was very unhappy with this stay. I had successful booking with Expedia before. This is my first bad experience. Expedia should update the description pictures profile for this hotel. The hotel is very old and looks different from the Pictures here.
Other trip May 10, 2015
Emad
"Bed Bugs / Stuffy"
Dont go by the picture shared on the website. Its 1 * hotel. Bed Bugs.. Grr
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"good stay"
it was OK sheets were dirty and comforter had blood on it
2 night trip Apr 27, 2015
Danielle
"Don't Stay here!"
The customer service was very poor. The wifi was terrible. I was unable to complete work that I need to get done. The neighborhood was down right scary. I didn't feel safe going out after dark. Was not a pleasant stay at all. Will never return to the place.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Won't stay there again!"
The hotel room was nice until I went into the bathroom and saw the toilet seat was dirty, the water in the sink drained very slow and the hallway had a bad odor.
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
"Decent"
Decent place to stay the night. Not super clean, a bit of a smell in the halls. Room was clean and decent. I would find another place the next time I was in the area
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Matthew
I was very unhappy with this stay. I checked originally was given a room on 2nd floor and then asked to be moved to 1st floor. In the middle of the night someone entered my room. The desk gave someone a key to my room even though I had already been checked into the room.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
"One night"
The pool closes too early and the water was very dirty. And the maid service was very noisy in the morning.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2015
"Great value."
Very clean and quiet. Beds were comfortable. Only negative was the weird smell in the hall.
1 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
Tanya
"Will not return to this hotel."
My husband & I chose this hotel because we had to make a last minute trip due to a family member being hospitalized nearby. We have two dogs, which we didn't have time to make other arrangements for, and this hotel is pet friendly, at no extra charge. The whole hotel smells like a dirty ashtray, inside and out. Outside each exit door are people standing around smoking at all hours of the day and night. The room and bed were comfortable. This room served its purpose, but we will not return.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Dianne
I love the fact that this is a nonsmoking hotel. The room was nice, smelled clean when we walked into it, the staff was friendly, and we had a nice continental breakfast. I never had the chance to check out the pool, but the area looked clean.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
inglishmajr
"Not Good"
phone in room didn't work, no ESPN......was locked out in the rain.....
2 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
Freddie Dancy
"Not a nice stay."
The room was clean.The ice machines were broke,not just one but all of them.The young lady at the front desk was rude.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
kay
The room was very nice, however the hotel seemed dodgey.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
My personal time was relaxing. .enjoyed friendly, helpful and courteous staff at all levels. Pool a bit shallow and small..great for keeping an eye on children...powerful hot tub. Will make sure of return stay.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
George M.
Good hotel for the price. Rooms recently redecorated and looked great. Only con was exercise equipment in need of replacement.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"DO NOT STAY HERE SCABIES ARE NEAR"
I got scabies from this hotel. When I called to inform the hotel the manager would not even speak to me. I'm still dealing with it. Scabies is painful and embarrassing. Imagine thousands of little bugs burrowing under your skin. It is horrible. They didn't believe me at the hotel. Why would I call if it wasn't true. Do not stay here!
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"I'd stay again"
The staff was very friendly and the room was great after a hard day of work. Breakfast was appealing and helped start the day. Just what I needed. I plan to stay agaibn for work several more times.
4 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
"What a mess."
Upon arriving, the receptionist did everything she could to avoid us. Even going so far as holding a piece of paper I front of her to avoid eye contact. Having a handicap, and using the handicap parking, I disappointed to have the smoking areas next to the handicap parking. The hallways were a dump. Stains on the carpet, dreary paint, food on the floor. What a mess. The room was a little better. Although it was never made up. Never had clean towels or the room freshened. Never again on the next trip to Muskegon. What a mess.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Good Experience"
This was an easy stay with no problems. We stayed for two nights with our children and over all it was good. The pool is very small, the kids weren't to happy about that (holds 30), and the carpet in the room and the hallways are really really dirty. Other than that the stay was great with friendly staff
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Nora
"It wasn't the worst but it wasn't the best"
I would not stay in the hotel again because of the area, there's a lot of drug activity and shady characters
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
C
"Minutes from Michigan Adventure"
We wanted a hotel close to Michigan Adventure and that is exactly what we got. It was a modest hotel that provided a safe place for us to sleep so we could enjoy our vacation. A couple things to point out: There is no elevator so if you have a guest that has restrictions or is unable to climb stairs, make sure you specify a main floor room. The breakfast wasn't the best I've seen at a hotel, but had the basics. They did have a bar/grill within the hotel, we didn't eat at it, but I would have been willing to try it out if we had more time. We would stay at this hotel again if we were to visit Michigan Adventure in the future.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Catherine
It was okay, but I would not stay there again. The hotel smelled like fresh paint. When asking at the front desk for more towels (our room didn't have enough for 4 people) they didn't have any clean and had to bring them to us. I was not the only person that this happened to. When getting ice from the one machine in the hotel I ran into an employee who then made a comment about being surprised it even worked. The staff was friendly but the hotel was not very clean.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Red Roof Inn
"Very poor location"
I felt that this motel was misrepresented when I was trying to find a place to stay for the night. I had no idea that it was located in a very depressed area. There are abandoned buildings all around the area. The hotel was not kept up. The bathtub was clogged completely, the faucet in the bathroom was falling off. For what I paid for this hotel room it was totally unacceptable. The lady behind the desk said she would give us a discount but could not because we booked through hotels.com.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Hotel was ok but looked/felt run-down"
The room was ok and the staff was friendly. The common areas looked run-down and the neighborhood around the hotel was not a place I would want to go walking after dark. The hotel was fairly close to Michigan Adventures, an amusement park that my family went to, so that was the biggest plus.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
Jeremy
"Exceeded my expectations"
We booked this hotel because it was cheap and we only needed it for one night. When arriving at the hotel, we were concerned about whether or not we'd stay. The two hotels next door were all boarded up and we were expecting this to be a dump. Check-in was quick & the girls at the front desk were very nice. The lobby looked clean & tidy. The carpet in the hallways was pretty awful so we weren't sure how the room would be. We were pleasantly surprised when we got in the room as it was very clean and fairly updated. Breakfast was also nice & there was a worker keeping everything full - plenty of room to sit, too. Overall, I'd stay here again for the price.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
"nice place to stay"
Hotel is very family friendly. Staff was very nice. This was the second year we stayed there and will most likely stay there again next year.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
judith ryce
"Not appealing"
Although the hotel is being renovated, the hallway floors are very filthy and stained. We received good service when we requested a new room (due to noise in next room over), though we discovered that all the rooms are set at 50 degrees and some smell of smoke. I would guess that they are trying to cover up the smell of mildew by having the room temperture so low. Every other hotel I have been to would never use energy like that. The air conditioners were loud and if you are not a heavy sleeper will bother you. Breakfast space was stocked and had a large area to sit.
3 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
"Decent lodgings"
Decent lodgings for the price, just don't go wandering in the neighborhood!!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Bryan
We stayed only one night which_was enough. My daughter woke up with multiple bites all over her feet that the Dr said were 99% sure bedbugs. I have called the hotel and no response. Only straight to Bivens each time for some reason the manager is never available
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Hollie
"Unprepared for guests"
Room was clean. The cleaning staff and staff in breakfast area were friendly, courteous, and helpful. Ice machine was broken the whole four nights we were there. Outlet in bathroom didn't work. The third night there we weren't supplied any facial cloths or toilet paper . I called front desk and they finally responded the fourth or fifth call. They said they would bring facial clothes, extra towels, and toilet paper right up to our room. They never came. I went to front desk in the morning. The clerk handed me towels and toilet paper so I could take them back to our room. Still no facial clothes. I rate front desk clerk a 1.5.
4 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2014
Peggy Kawa
"terrible, VERY disappointing usually love Rd Roof"
This Inn needs a lot of updates very run down stained carpets an 2nd floor has no elevator. The curtains were dirty an the carpets were stained an tub was dirty also. The only good thing in the hotel was the staff an the area where they served breakfast had been updated.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Tammy
Would not recommended this place at all No no no no no no no no
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Close to E-way"
Close to E-way. Hallway and stairway carpet were very dirty. But room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Bath tub did not drain when we were taking showers , which kinda grossed us out. When we were leaving we heard a big dog barking in someones room.....But you get what you pay for.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Julia
Bad neighborhood, did not feel safe in the hotel. Rooms, pool and lobby were dirty and unkempt.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"overall yucky"
carpet going down hall and up the stairs was terribly stained and dirty. Very old and run down. Shower pressure was awesome. Pool was able to hold 30 people max but the motel was able to house 4 times that many people. I believe that there were at least 100 rooms. Continental breakfast was pretty good.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"It will work for a night or two..."
The staff was friendly. There was a breakfast of muffins, bagels, apples, oranges, cereal, oatmeal, donuts, milk and juice. The price was right. However, the ice machines were constantly out of ice, the carpet was severly stained, when we turned on the air conditioner it made the room smell like urine and the neighborhood isn't that great. But it worked for us for two nights.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Andria
"Dirty hotel"
Doors to rooms were dirty with fingerprints, the hall floors had stains and spills all over them. The heated pool that is advertised has a compasity of 30 people. The free WFI did not work in the room my kids had to sit in the hallway in order for them to use. Would not stay at this hotel again
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Overall the motel was O.K., it could of been in a better location.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014