All hotels in Vallejo, California, United States of America
44 Admiral Callaghan Lane, Vallejo, CA, 94591, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

Location is ok
    Service is adequate
    Breakfast is average
    Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
"scary place, would not reccomend!"
when checked in the worker didn't believe the price I paid for the room, I had to get the print out that I fortunately had from the booking website that I used. I got the room fortunately. The room was dirty, hardwood floors had a layer of dirt, I found garbage under the bed and an old part of a chicken bone? in the corner of the bathroom. There were only 2 towels for four people. the beds and pillows were hard and uncomfortable. there were blackout curtains on the windows which was nice but the cars (mercedes benz, bmw's etc) which were coming and going all night, and loud voices kept me from sleeping. Drug deals? There was at one time a drunk? roaming around making noise. People also were living there long term and one couple was having a very loud argument, with language used,as my children and I were going by. There is a pretty good breakfast offered in the morning and it is close to sixflags. I would not stay here again though, scary!
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
"Never Again"
Dirty
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
Casiano
"Dissatisfied"
This was a dirty hotel mold in the bathroom dirty floors, complete with drug dealers, neadles and hookers in the parking lot I will never return here, hotels.Com should consider the erase button in this one.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
Alex
"Its Vallejo - what do you expect?"
I booked a king bed suite and the room they have me was a) not a suite and b) smelled heavily of marijuana. When I complained of the marijuana smell they told me I'd have to change rooms. I then observed them try to threaten to call the police on another guest who was in the room they intended to move me to because they didn't realize the guest has been moved to that room before me from a different room and thought they were squatters. After realizing their mistake they put me in a queen size room (also not a suite). The breakfast was waffles made on a dirty waffle iron. Not bad actually.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
"Broken heater, cockroaches and pet policy."
I called twice prior to our visit to confirm that they accepted pets. I was reassured both times that they did with a deposit. I even asked that they note my reservation. When we arrived I assumed it was all noted. They gave me the receipt to sign and said, "by signing this document you understand that all of our rooms are smoke free and we don't allow pets". It was 11pm at this point and I said nothing because I had done my due dilagence by calling and asking our reservation to be noted. Additionally our 7 pound dog was going to do less damage in his kennel then most guests! While waiting for my husband to talk with the front desk about a new room because the heater was not working I quietly killed a cockroach without my children seeing. I did not want to freak them out! They moved us to a new room with a working heater and all the necessary items to make coffee, except the coffee maker. Overall not a good stay. I will not be visiting this hotel again and would not recommend it.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
Keri
"Worst stay ever"
Filthy, coffee condiments had been eaten opened by a critter. No bedspread only a thin blanket. Shower filled with black mold. No telephone to complain and fearful to walk through the crowds outside each motel room. Horrible!!!!
2 night family trip Nov 5, 2015
Regina
"Do not spend your money here!"
It was horrible! Spiders in the shower ceiling, holes everywhere, no power , keys demagnetized 3 times. Couldn't get an extra towel. Air conditioner didn't work. Was just gross and dirty. Do not stay here!!!
2 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Tonya
"It was scary!"
We thought this was a good hotel as the pictures were nice. Nope! The railing was broken so you could fall off the second story. There were people who lived there that were rude and you could tell they were on drugs. The carpets were stained and run down, there were holes in the walls and the pool was dirty with a weird thick film over the top. You could hear people screaming and sirens all night, people tapping on our window. The tile floors around the hotel were dirty and had urine on them. The place could use a decent cleaning. The bathroom had some huge spiders and we had to deal with melted plugs and holes in all of them.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
Both beds in my room had dirty sheets. My second room should've been 2 queen beds, we got 1 queen and 1 twin. The fridge wasn't working and both rooms. My son called the office to let them know there's no water in the vending machines and he was told that the vending machines were a coutesy only and he would have to go to the nearest 7-eleven. The front desk was also very rude about it. The rooms can definitely use upgrading..
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Yer
"Don't go here!"
We had the most horrible experience. When we got there our room was dirty, bed was not made. The room was supposed to be ready before we checked in and it wasn't . We had to wait 45 min in the car until the maid was done with our room. And it was still not clean. Then the security guard was rude to our kids , he yelled at them . Turned out he was under the influence. We are never staying there again. They need to shut that place down asap.
2 night business trip Oct 17, 2015
Christina
"Worst hotel"
It was the worst the rooms smelled bad they where beat up and the service was horrible never would stay there again
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
"Worst night ever!"
This was the WORST stay I have ever had at any hotel! When I arrived at check in there was a group in lobby waiting for the police to arrive for a disturbance that the employed security guard had caused. I went to our room and it was FILTHY there was cleaning supplies left in the room, holes in the wall. I could barely shut the door because of damage to the frame. The bathroom was moldy and filthy, disgraceful and writing in the depot linings when I went to front desk to ask about a different room or someone to collect the cleaning supplies in the room the office person hair shrugged said there was NOTHING she could do. The police showed up 2 times that night. I was there for a cheerleading competition and had 2 young kids with me I was frightened and completed disgusted and disappointed in the rooms cleanliness and atmosphere. Absolutely AWFUL!!
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
Adam
"Terrible experience at Howard Johnson Vallejo"
This hotel was absolutely terrible. Not myself, nor any of my family members, will book a room with this hotel, or any other Howard Johnson hotels. The room was terrible, there were cockroaches in the bathroom and it was in a very unsafe location. Like I said, never again. First off, three different family members reserved rooms within this hotel and selected the "pay at hotel" option. Upon arrival every one of these three reservations had been cancelled with no notification to the families. Each of the families, which had children under 1 year old, was forced to stop their day at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in its tracks and begin frantically looking for a place to stay the night as they were all a minimum of three hours from home. I had to stay on the phone for at least 2.5 hours talking to the hotel, calling the customer service 800 number and trying to find each of these guests a room for the night as it was for my daughters birthday party that everyone was in town. The customer service at the actual hotel was unprofessional and not helpful in the least in trying to assist these guests with finding a room for the night. One of the families was reinstated with a room, after being cancelled, because she "showed up early enough". She told us the next day that the room was terrible, there were cockroaches in the bathroom and it was in a very unsafe location. However, she was just grateful her son, a 1 year old, had somewhere to sleep. Like I said, never again.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
"Utterly Disgusting."
I stay in hotels frequently for work and leisure and this was by far the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. They first gave my reservation away and told me that they had only one room left for me to share with a friend...in the same bed. The room was so dirty...the curtains, the floors...the sink had a leak under it when you washed your hands so I put a towel down there to keep from slipping. It smelled so bad in there I took my chances with this questionable neighborhood and slept with my window open. I called the front desk to ask for an iron in the morning (7am) and the girl that answered was clearly sleeping and very annoyed I was asking for such thing. Needless to say...I will be writing to the Howard Johnson franchise because this property is a disgrace to their name.
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2015
Karri
Not good
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Belinda
"To many homeless people.."
They were jerks in the office. Booked though you and got there to 1 room that smelled so bad like a dog that I had to leave. Only room available. Would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
"Horrible Hotel"
Definitely one of the very worst hotels I have ever stayed at. The staff was rude and unwilling to help. The batteries were taped inside the remote control to the outdated TV, wallpaper was peeling off the walls, the sink was completely clogged, they put a car fresher in the room to try and cover up the nasty smoke smell, the toilet seat was broken, walls and ceiling of bathroom were stained and moldy and bedding had rips and tears in it. You could tell they were doing some work to the exterior, hopefully they plan on doing something to the inside as well. So not worth the amount they're charging per night.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Emily
"Welcome to the ghetto"
The room was "ok".. decently clean etc... the neighborhood was HORRIBLE....bunch of "tweakers" wandering the parking lot.... lots of "scary" residents hanging outside their rooms.... felt very uneasy staying with the family. If you want to stay in the local ghetto, this is the place for you
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
"Absolutely disgusting. Dirty, molding shower."
I am trying to get my money back. This place was dirty, under construction, not newly renovated as I was told by the Expedia rep. Broken railings, people yelling back and forth to each other. Looked like a halfway house. The shower was filthy with mold growing in it, the sink was broken, the refrigerator leaked water all over the carpet.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
"Looks are Decieving!"
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! It is to old & it needs to be updated! Front door kept getting stuck, rugs were smelly, furniture too old! I did not like the area!
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Rosa M.
"It was only one night"
There were a lot of shady people hanging around outside. A few were smoking weed. Rooms didn't look like they were totally clean. We asked for more towels and blankets but they wouldn't bring them to us. We had to go pick them up from the front desk. kept telling ourselves it's only one night. The positive was there was a OK continental breakfast.
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
LISA
"Rough on the outside"
The room on the inside was nice good pillows and the bed was very comfortable I slept very good. The office staff was very nice and helpful. The outside was a bit of a wreck I hope they were in the middle of a remodel. There is good access to the freeway and it is close to a store.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"Okay for price"
The carpet was stained and our "non smoking room " smelled slightly of smoke. The beds were pretty hard. We were only given two towels for a four person room. The employees were giving out free breakfast by the bagful to their friends which made the food levels low in the breakfast area. The breakfast lady was good about making our waffles though. There were people coming and going through out the night, seemed like employees friends? Good part, it was really close to six flags
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
karen
This hotel was simple. My room was old but clean. The phone had no plug so missed all calls. There was No table & chairs for sitting off bed. The breakfast all carbs, No eggs, No meat, No fresh fruit. The guest was quite, the staff was loud at an uncomfortable level for guests everyday.They yell to each other across the balconies while working. Their carts are too noise for upper walkway. However in comparison to other Vallejo hotels I would stay here again.
4 night family trip Sep 21, 2015
Annie
"Disgusting"
The wood floors turned my white socks black from not being cleaned . Black hair all over the bathroom floor the room was in disrepair . drug addicts coming and going it was horrible.i will never stay there again.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
nana9
Decent hotel in bad area
1 night trip Sep 22, 2015
"Hotel is not safe to stay."
Not Happy because people still walk around at 1:30Am,we check from our window as a group people in n out the car.Room is not clean dust around mirror,window,I have to pix curtain. The next day we cancel our stay,and check out.
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Pinta
"Never again!!!"
It was the worst hotel my family has ever stayed at, and let me tell you we are not picky at all the main thing that kept me up all night was the fact that there were cockaroaches I couldn't stop thinking they were going to go into our luggage, the other thing was it was more like a motel we got a non smoking room that reeked of smoke and there was actually a lighter under the bed along with some cheetos, no wonder there were roaches living there. Oh and how can I forget as soon as we pulled up at 9 pm to check in at the window they have outside a man ran up to the window and told the clerk to call the police because there was a fight in the back of the parking lot, yes I was a bit scared knowing I have 3 little girls with me definitely not a place I would recommend to anyone!
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Marian
"worst overnight stay ever"
It was the worst hotel I ever stayed in. Dirty, sheets and blanks were dirty. Old TV that did not work. Crack heads all around at nite. Just the worst experience ever. I had to tell front desk to change and clean my blankets and sheets.
3 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
"Good solution"
This is a good solution Económica price and close to city
1 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
"Almost a 4-5 star hotel"
Way better then I expected ! The room was clean . Nice size. I loved the balcony . Quite at night. Breakfast was ok. Not a great selection but free food is always good. This should b a 4-5 star hotel . Nice decor nice pool area.
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
"bedbugs, be warned"
bedbugs. Enough said
1 night trip Sep 1, 2015
"mold & roaches"
Horrible stay. A/C did not work and it was 100 degrees outside. Moldy bathroom and the worst was the ROACHES !!
2 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
"Run down motel"
Run down motel !! Bad area ... It should be Demolished .. And start over . Howard Johnson should be embarrassed !!
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Toni B
"Wish we would have known......"
We are from out of town so did not know about this hotel, area or neighborhood. I really wish we had spent extra money on a different hotel. This hotel was pricey and dirty. There were fist fights right outside our door, with our children right in the next room. Screaming, pounding and someone shouting about a knife. I saw no staff or police anywhere. We kept to ourselves and were stuck there because it was a holiday weekend and there were no other rooms available. Do yourself a favor and skip this place!!!
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
"Horrible and dirty"
Worse hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel was filthy, hair on the sheets, dirty carpet -like it was not even vacuumed before we got there.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
HV
"Not what I expected"
Horrible old smell big old tv had no hdmi plugs no remote controll no phone in side of room could not call front desk it was a joke no alarm the fridge was 20 years old Crack heads all time through the night was dirty all the way around there was security told him there was no phone he wanted come in and look at phone told him he was not Goin In Mt room with my family got into an argument with him told him he was not the mantiance man and that guy look like he was on drugs I ask if poeple were living there they replied no it was a lie drug deals and prostitution when I complained about in morning when I checked out they gave me $30 dollers back but it's been a week and still pending on my card like 5 hey gonna charge it wow all got to say was horrible experience only one night
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
"Horrible"
Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Dirty sheets and pillows, with the occasional cockroach.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Rosana
"Right of freeway"
Easy to get to. Kind of a bad neighborhood if on the back side
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
First room they gave us was not clean, dirty towels, garbage cans full. Bed looked like it had been laid on. Door would not lock. Moved us to a different room. It was better except floor was dirty.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
my stay was horrible i was completely dissatisfied worst hotel ever i had 2 rooms in 1 of my rooms there were roaches when we went to plug up the refrigerator an it had a stale smell in room number 2 the tub an sink had hair in it not from myself or my companion i asked for an extra rag an bleach an cleaned the tub an sink my self they offered us 2 others rooms but one had a old water mildew smell the other one was ok we would of left the hotel all together but we were very tired from six flags so woukd i ever stay in this hotel again NO NEVER i will be complainning on yelp as well as other cites
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Beatriz
"Dirtiest hotel ever"
We were extremely disappointed with their cleanness. The carpet was wet and the bathroom was so filthy and some parts were just broken.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Never Again"
I stayed at this hotel years ago and enjoyed the hotel so much, that when the opportunity to stay again presented itself. I didn't hesitate to reserve a room. I didn't look at the recent reviews. I wish I did. The room was dingy, not what you would expect from a hotel. My family and I slept in our clothes. I worried about the security of my car in the outside parking lot. I could go on and on. For the price it is not worth it not even for a one night stay.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Willie
"Near Discovery Kingdom aka Marine World Six Flags"
Needed a place near Berkeley but competition from returning UC Berkeley students pushed us out to Vallejo. Howard Johnson's is right off the freeway next to a Grocery Outlet. Had two Queen beds which we needed for two adults and one teen granddaughter. Continental breakfast. Everything we needed, but nothing special. Odd fragrance when we first entered the room was dispelled by turning on the air conditioner. Parking was good and convenient. Night swim in the pool cooled us down. Free wifi Internet worked for me but not the others in our room.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"Yuck I need my money back."
The room was dirty when I got to it the maid had no washed the tub and the bottom was black. The soap from the previous person was left in the shower. There was dirt under the sink that was visible to the naked eye. The bathroom sprinkler system has toilet paper shoved around it and it probably would not have worked if anything would have gone wrong. The maid came in the next day to clean our room and only left one towel for the family and she left a dirty sheet bunched in the corner of the room. This hotel pool was filthy with leafs and dirt in the bottom of it and the lawn chair padding needed replacing. I called down to the front desk to ask for another blanket for my room and the front desk person brought it up to my room while he was smoking a cigarette (yuck)
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Ashly
"Very bad experience and pictures in website lie!"
Room was not clean per say, carpet staine with not sure what, bathroom window missing tile and dirty, had u know hair on floor and was just gross. Coffee pot did not work. When we met the front desk know, got feeling they didn't care or wanted to help. Will never stay there again.
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Dirty, very run-down hotel. VERY over-priced for the quality!
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
"Not recommended"
Totally unexpected, I thought it was going to be a good hotel, but totally disapointed
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Felipe
"Disappointing Howard Johnson Hotel"
rooms were really dirty All the walls were full of stains and the floor was so dirty I had to call management. Maid came in to "sweep" with a mop and all she did was spread the dirt around. She never pick up the dirt and we were in the room seeing all of this. We thought with Hotel Name we were safe and were getting a great deal for the price. SOOOO wrong
3 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Jeannette
"never again"
Matted long black hair on shower wall. Smoke detector hanging by wires, tile outside door black from grease and filth. Bathroom window didn't close. It goes on and on.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015