All hotels in Vallejo, California, United States of America

Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
"Stay away!"
Drug dealing, crime in parking lot. Prostituition very obvious.
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2016
Todd
"Proceed with caution."
Area was not all that great, but we were just there for mostly sleeping purposes. Walking in it would look like the room was nice... one of the mattresses was broken along with the frame which it popped off of in the night. Fridge was not even a mini fridge try mini mini fridge, broken coffee maker, tv? Nope can't see or hear anything on that. Very old and outdated. No trash can, want to call front desk for help? Sorry make sure you can call from your own phone that doesn't work either. Plug-ins were loose so cables would fall out. They don't provide enough toiletries 2 towels for a guest room of 4, and only half of one roll of toilet paper. Maybe inspect your room throughly before hand if you plan on staying here.
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2016
Cheryl
"Do Not Book Here! Not worth it!"
Dirty, rude, poorly staffed, room reservations mismanaged, no good food options near, breakfast a joke. Paid extra for an Executive Suite that was to have been remodeled. Arrive to check in at 8 p.m. janitor in the room shampooing couch and floor of room reserved. Ended up in a room that smelled like smoke, was dirty and had not been renovated. Could not even get a third towel even though we had three guests. Owner knocked on our door at 11 PM, uninvited, for no discernible reason.
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2016
"Horrible ghetto place"
It was horrible. Bed was broke. Called front desk she said come in to office and they swith room for me. It was 10pm. The wait was over 30 min for them to try call maintenance and keep me waiting. Then they finally switched my room to a room that was on totally opposite side of the complex.
1 night family trip Apr 1, 2016
Josie
"horrible"
The room smells bad and it was dirty. The hair dryer had hair it was disgusting. The location of the hotel was bad area. I couldn't sleep just to be watching me car. There was a person who claim that somebody broke in. That's why I checked out early
3 night family trip Mar 30, 2016
"The HOJO at Vallejo sucks!!!!"
The place was a dump. It needed big renovation and upgrading. The landscaping and the road pavement needs improvement/
3 night family trip Mar 28, 2016
JOVEN
"Don't stay here!!!!"
The hotel staff was nice. The room was filthy and the carpet and sheets were really stained. They did bring a new roll out bed for us. They brought extra sheets and one of them had a blood stain that was six inches by five inches. The place that had the free breakfast was so filthy that your shoes would stick to the floor. The concrete was filthy and there was not enough parking. If I could have received a refund, I would have slept in the car. I felt sorry for the staff at this place as there was obviously very low morale.
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2016
matthew
It was horrible. When I arrived they had no reservation for me and took an hour to straighten out and end up registering me as a walk in customer....HORRIBLE
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2016
Julee
"Wort hotel in my life"
First of all the hotel lobby was very dirty. Nasty floors like if they had not clean in days. I checked in on Friday and when i checked out in Sunday the lobby was still dirty. Staff was not friendly at all. The landscaping is so ugly, like they don't care or don't have money to take care of it. This place is nothing like on the pictures. The continental breakfast sucks. Their orange juice is diluted with water, they don't offer any eggs, their coffe is bad and their utensils are worse than the 99 cent store. The rooms are so smelly and ugly
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2016
Maura
"Do not recommend"
This hotel was horrible not what the pictures online show. Got a non smoking room yet the room smelled like cigarette and mold, pull out bed from couch was all dirty and stained. My kids were scared. So we didnt unpack i had to book another room within 20 minutes of being there.worst place ever.
"Good stay experience"
Room was big and clean, i had all the amenities needed, i have no complaints
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2016
Lisa Marie
"Not pleased"
How to begin. First off I was given a room that was already occupied. Then they gave me a room 3/4 of the way down the front side facing the parking lot. Out of the 4 locked gates our room was right across from the 3rd one. I had to carry our stuff and our baby half way down the building just to open the Dorr and find it fully occupied. And while that was going on another person was complaining about her car getting broken into. Also the sliding glass door was fine, even though the main part isn't supposed to move, it slid just as easily as the one that supposed to. So as far as that goes, if the your reading this, then I hope your a smart person. Do the math.
1 night family trip Mar 19, 2016
I thought booking a room at a Howard Johnson would be an obvious safe choice, boy was I wrong, this place is utterly disgusting, if I had free cancellation, I would have hightailed it outta there the second I opened the door to the room we checkwd in late with children, so we just sucked it up and dreaded what we were going to see in the morning
Cari
"Wouldn't stay here again"
Worst hotel ever. Found drug paraphernalia in the pull out couch. Heater didn't work. Pool was drained. Smoke detector in room was missing and the non-smoking room smelled like smoke. Staff not helpful at all.
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2016
Need to clean the rooms, and the bathroom floors, there was a cigarette on the mirror.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2016
"Scary for a single mom and ber children!"
Scary...bad neneiborhood. Room had no phone or alarm clock. Drug xeals going dowm in the parking lot. Walls were painted a god awful orange. Smelled like fresh un-aired paint. Deadbolt on door was not functional. I came here with my children and did not feel safe. Checked in and then right back out. Sorry but will never return to this facility. The website was very decieving!
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2016
"HORRIBLE!"
HORRIBLE! I was given a room that already had been given to someone else. My key didn't work and the people already in that room ended opening the door. The front desk had no idea why that room had people already in it. I was given a different room that was damp and moldy smelling-we found out that the bathroom to that room was flooded and water was leaking from the ceiling. I requested a refund, did not want to stay there anymore. The front desk told me that I had to request a refund from Hotels.com because I booked the room through Hotels.com
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2016
I was sent to a room that wasn't ready. When I opened the door the room hadn't been cleaned yet.
1 night trip Feb 13, 2016
"Worse experience ever"
The rooms were horrible. Beds needed to be replace! Once you layered in the bed you sank right toward the middle, there was a hole in the bathroom wall. A iron holder but no iron, a desk chair but no desk. Tv was outdated the whole experience was bad. I knew I should of cancelled when I walked into the lobby and there was dust in the furniture it didn't look like any of the pictures online.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2016
"scary place, would not reccomend!"
when checked in the worker didn't believe the price I paid for the room, I had to get the print out that I fortunately had from the booking website that I used. I got the room fortunately. The room was dirty, hardwood floors had a layer of dirt, I found garbage under the bed and an old part of a chicken bone? in the corner of the bathroom. There were only 2 towels for four people. the beds and pillows were hard and uncomfortable. there were blackout curtains on the windows which was nice but the cars (mercedes benz, bmw's etc) which were coming and going all night, and loud voices kept me from sleeping. Drug deals? There was at one time a drunk? roaming around making noise. People also were living there long term and one couple was having a very loud argument, with language used,as my children and I were going by. There is a pretty good breakfast offered in the morning and it is close to sixflags. I would not stay here again though, scary!
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
"Never Again"
Dirty
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
Casiano
"Dissatisfied"
This was a dirty hotel mold in the bathroom dirty floors, complete with drug dealers, neadles and hookers in the parking lot I will never return here, hotels.Com should consider the erase button in this one.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
Alex
"Lousy rooms and property"
My nonsmoking room smelled vaguely of cigarettes. I figured out that it was because the staff uses a little bucket on the sidewalk as their ashtray. Outside was a random dirt pit half-filled with water and a sump-pump that made ugly slurping noise all day and night. No shampoo was provided, two days in a row. (They did leave lotion and two little bottles of conditioner both days, so I have to assume they were out of shampoo.) The AC/heater doesn't have a thermostat so it's tough to maintain a decent temperature. The shower head is crazy low. About 1/2 of the light fixtures in my room were empty. The TV was old and I never managed to get it to turn on. Over all the room looked like it was last updated around 1975.
Other trip Dec 28, 2015
Andy
"Nice hotel conveniently located outside wine count"
I love howard johnsons i have stayed at them across the country..The staff is always friendly and accomodating..The atmosphere is always one of excitement for travelers and the indoor pools are a nice bonus.
Other trip Dec 28, 2015
mike hawk
"Its Vallejo - what do you expect?"
I booked a king bed suite and the room they have me was a) not a suite and b) smelled heavily of marijuana. When I complained of the marijuana smell they told me I'd have to change rooms. I then observed them try to threaten to call the police on another guest who was in the room they intended to move me to because they didn't realize the guest has been moved to that room before me from a different room and thought they were squatters. After realizing their mistake they put me in a queen size room (also not a suite). The breakfast was waffles made on a dirty waffle iron. Not bad actually.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
"Don't judge the book by it's cover!"
Hotel looks great from the outside. The lobby is very nice and clean. Once you go in your room its a whole different story. The rooms are dirty and out of style. The bathroom is the worst filth all around the floor holes in the wall. There is a back entrance that gets chain locked at about 8pm which means that you need to park way on the other side of the building when parking is available right in front of your room door, unloading three toddlers asleep is very hard to do so in this situation. The first thing that came into my mind is "what if theres a fire" that is our fast's way out but wait we can't because they chain locked the gate how STUPID is that! I would not recommend nor ever come back to this hotel.
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
LA Mom
"Broken heater, cockroaches and pet policy."
I called twice prior to our visit to confirm that they accepted pets. I was reassured both times that they did with a deposit. I even asked that they note my reservation. When we arrived I assumed it was all noted. They gave me the receipt to sign and said, "by signing this document you understand that all of our rooms are smoke free and we don't allow pets". It was 11pm at this point and I said nothing because I had done my due dilagence by calling and asking our reservation to be noted. Additionally our 7 pound dog was going to do less damage in his kennel then most guests! While waiting for my husband to talk with the front desk about a new room because the heater was not working I quietly killed a cockroach without my children seeing. I did not want to freak them out! They moved us to a new room with a working heater and all the necessary items to make coffee, except the coffee maker. Overall not a good stay. I will not be visiting this hotel again and would not recommend it.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
Keri
"Worst stay ever"
Filthy, coffee condiments had been eaten opened by a critter. No bedspread only a thin blanket. Shower filled with black mold. No telephone to complain and fearful to walk through the crowds outside each motel room. Horrible!!!!
2 night family trip Nov 5, 2015
Regina
"Do not spend your money here!"
It was horrible! Spiders in the shower ceiling, holes everywhere, no power , keys demagnetized 3 times. Couldn't get an extra towel. Air conditioner didn't work. Was just gross and dirty. Do not stay here!!!
2 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Tonya
"It was scary!"
We thought this was a good hotel as the pictures were nice. Nope! The railing was broken so you could fall off the second story. There were people who lived there that were rude and you could tell they were on drugs. The carpets were stained and run down, there were holes in the walls and the pool was dirty with a weird thick film over the top. You could hear people screaming and sirens all night, people tapping on our window. The tile floors around the hotel were dirty and had urine on them. The place could use a decent cleaning. The bathroom had some huge spiders and we had to deal with melted plugs and holes in all of them.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
Both beds in my room had dirty sheets. My second room should've been 2 queen beds, we got 1 queen and 1 twin. The fridge wasn't working and both rooms. My son called the office to let them know there's no water in the vending machines and he was told that the vending machines were a coutesy only and he would have to go to the nearest 7-eleven. The front desk was also very rude about it. The rooms can definitely use upgrading..
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Yer
"Don't go here!"
We had the most horrible experience. When we got there our room was dirty, bed was not made. The room was supposed to be ready before we checked in and it wasn't . We had to wait 45 min in the car until the maid was done with our room. And it was still not clean. Then the security guard was rude to our kids , he yelled at them . Turned out he was under the influence. We are never staying there again. They need to shut that place down asap.
2 night business trip Oct 17, 2015
Christina
"Worst hotel"
It was the worst the rooms smelled bad they where beat up and the service was horrible never would stay there again
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
"Worst night ever!"
This was the WORST stay I have ever had at any hotel! When I arrived at check in there was a group in lobby waiting for the police to arrive for a disturbance that the employed security guard had caused. I went to our room and it was FILTHY there was cleaning supplies left in the room, holes in the wall. I could barely shut the door because of damage to the frame. The bathroom was moldy and filthy, disgraceful and writing in the depot linings when I went to front desk to ask about a different room or someone to collect the cleaning supplies in the room the office person hair shrugged said there was NOTHING she could do. The police showed up 2 times that night. I was there for a cheerleading competition and had 2 young kids with me I was frightened and completed disgusted and disappointed in the rooms cleanliness and atmosphere. Absolutely AWFUL!!
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
Adam
"Terrible experience at Howard Johnson Vallejo"
This hotel was absolutely terrible. Not myself, nor any of my family members, will book a room with this hotel, or any other Howard Johnson hotels. The room was terrible, there were cockroaches in the bathroom and it was in a very unsafe location. Like I said, never again. First off, three different family members reserved rooms within this hotel and selected the "pay at hotel" option. Upon arrival every one of these three reservations had been cancelled with no notification to the families. Each of the families, which had children under 1 year old, was forced to stop their day at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in its tracks and begin frantically looking for a place to stay the night as they were all a minimum of three hours from home. I had to stay on the phone for at least 2.5 hours talking to the hotel, calling the customer service 800 number and trying to find each of these guests a room for the night as it was for my daughters birthday party that everyone was in town. The customer service at the actual hotel was unprofessional and not helpful in the least in trying to assist these guests with finding a room for the night. One of the families was reinstated with a room, after being cancelled, because she "showed up early enough". She told us the next day that the room was terrible, there were cockroaches in the bathroom and it was in a very unsafe location. However, she was just grateful her son, a 1 year old, had somewhere to sleep. Like I said, never again.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
"Utterly Disgusting."
I stay in hotels frequently for work and leisure and this was by far the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. They first gave my reservation away and told me that they had only one room left for me to share with a friend...in the same bed. The room was so dirty...the curtains, the floors...the sink had a leak under it when you washed your hands so I put a towel down there to keep from slipping. It smelled so bad in there I took my chances with this questionable neighborhood and slept with my window open. I called the front desk to ask for an iron in the morning (7am) and the girl that answered was clearly sleeping and very annoyed I was asking for such thing. Needless to say...I will be writing to the Howard Johnson franchise because this property is a disgrace to their name.
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2015
Karri
Not good
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Belinda
"To many homeless people.."
They were jerks in the office. Booked though you and got there to 1 room that smelled so bad like a dog that I had to leave. Only room available. Would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
"Horrible Hotel"
Definitely one of the very worst hotels I have ever stayed at. The staff was rude and unwilling to help. The batteries were taped inside the remote control to the outdated TV, wallpaper was peeling off the walls, the sink was completely clogged, they put a car fresher in the room to try and cover up the nasty smoke smell, the toilet seat was broken, walls and ceiling of bathroom were stained and moldy and bedding had rips and tears in it. You could tell they were doing some work to the exterior, hopefully they plan on doing something to the inside as well. So not worth the amount they're charging per night.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Emily
"Welcome to the ghetto"
The room was "ok".. decently clean etc... the neighborhood was HORRIBLE....bunch of "tweakers" wandering the parking lot.... lots of "scary" residents hanging outside their rooms.... felt very uneasy staying with the family. If you want to stay in the local ghetto, this is the place for you
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
"Absolutely disgusting. Dirty, molding shower."
I am trying to get my money back. This place was dirty, under construction, not newly renovated as I was told by the Expedia rep. Broken railings, people yelling back and forth to each other. Looked like a halfway house. The shower was filthy with mold growing in it, the sink was broken, the refrigerator leaked water all over the carpet.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
"Looks are Decieving!"
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! It is to old & it needs to be updated! Front door kept getting stuck, rugs were smelly, furniture too old! I did not like the area!
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Rosa M.
"It was only one night"
There were a lot of shady people hanging around outside. A few were smoking weed. Rooms didn't look like they were totally clean. We asked for more towels and blankets but they wouldn't bring them to us. We had to go pick them up from the front desk. kept telling ourselves it's only one night. The positive was there was a OK continental breakfast.
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
LISA
"Rough on the outside"
The room on the inside was nice good pillows and the bed was very comfortable I slept very good. The office staff was very nice and helpful. The outside was a bit of a wreck I hope they were in the middle of a remodel. There is good access to the freeway and it is close to a store.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"Okay for price"
The carpet was stained and our "non smoking room " smelled slightly of smoke. The beds were pretty hard. We were only given two towels for a four person room. The employees were giving out free breakfast by the bagful to their friends which made the food levels low in the breakfast area. The breakfast lady was good about making our waffles though. There were people coming and going through out the night, seemed like employees friends? Good part, it was really close to six flags
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
karen
This hotel was simple. My room was old but clean. The phone had no plug so missed all calls. There was No table & chairs for sitting off bed. The breakfast all carbs, No eggs, No meat, No fresh fruit. The guest was quite, the staff was loud at an uncomfortable level for guests everyday.They yell to each other across the balconies while working. Their carts are too noise for upper walkway. However in comparison to other Vallejo hotels I would stay here again.
4 night family trip Sep 21, 2015
Annie
"Disgusting"
The wood floors turned my white socks black from not being cleaned . Black hair all over the bathroom floor the room was in disrepair . drug addicts coming and going it was horrible.i will never stay there again.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
nana9
Decent hotel in bad area
1 night trip Sep 22, 2015
"Hotel is not safe to stay."
Not Happy because people still walk around at 1:30Am,we check from our window as a group people in n out the car.Room is not clean dust around mirror,window,I have to pix curtain. The next day we cancel our stay,and check out.
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Pinta
"Never again!!!"
It was the worst hotel my family has ever stayed at, and let me tell you we are not picky at all the main thing that kept me up all night was the fact that there were cockaroaches I couldn't stop thinking they were going to go into our luggage, the other thing was it was more like a motel we got a non smoking room that reeked of smoke and there was actually a lighter under the bed along with some cheetos, no wonder there were roaches living there. Oh and how can I forget as soon as we pulled up at 9 pm to check in at the window they have outside a man ran up to the window and told the clerk to call the police because there was a fight in the back of the parking lot, yes I was a bit scared knowing I have 3 little girls with me definitely not a place I would recommend to anyone!
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015