All hotels in Vallejo, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here44 Admiral Callaghan Lane, Vallejo, CA, 94591, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.4
    2.8
    2.5
    2.2
    2.3
We got a room with 2 full sized beds. The cleanliness of the top cover blanket was questionable. The bathroom was old but as far as cleanliness goes, it was ok. No bugs or roaches. The quality of hotel service was a joke. There were 3 of us and the hotel only supplied us with 2 sets of towels. When we called for more, they said they had no more towels. NO MORE TOWELS?!! How do you run out of towels when you offer the bare minimum? A doubled bedded room should come with 4 sets of towels as a STANDARD. There was no coffee pot, and the original room's balcony door didn't even open. They at least let us change rooms...we should have taken those towels. The surrounding area is a bit ghetto too. Walls are thin. So yeah. Expensive for what it is.
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2014
"You get what u pay for..."
Very inexpensive BUT our reservation was for five people our hotel had two towels the hotel room and the hotel itself was old and run down and not properly maintained. The complimentary continental breakfast was horrible, 3 options to chose from. But it was cheap! :0/
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Erica
"Its nothing to brag about. But for the price"
Mainly standard price and convenience made it perfect
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Unsavory and unsafe"
I'm to understand that this motel converted to "non-smoking" from previously "smoking" at some point, it is hard to tell since the bed coverings are stained, tattered and riddled with cigarette burns. The entire room was permeated with smoke, the carpet, walls, ceiling, all stained and smelly. Furthermore; the walls were visibly splattered with an unknown sticky substance. More than one light bulb was burnt out. The clock was not working. This motel is located in an "unsavory" part of town which was concerning since my first floor room had a sliding bathroom window that had no security device and could accommodate a full grown man to climb through. The door was equipped with the bare minimum in security locks as well. IF I weren't already exhausted, and IF I could afford to lose my deposit, and IF I could have navigated in the dark to another motel that might have vacancy I surely would have turn around upon arrival. I have traveled to third world countries and had cleaner and safer accommodations than this. EXPEDIA you ought to visit this site for yourselves and submit your own "star" rating. Two and half Stars? .. I think not.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Ghetto!!!
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
Ben
"Well...that's not what we expected!"
The best part about this hotel is that it is only 2 miles from Six Flags and has a pool. The online listing states that there is a complimentary shuttle to Six Flags, but apparently that is only when the shuttle driver "feels like fitting it in to his schedule." In other words....we had to pay for a taxi. The walls are paper thin and we had to hear all the happenings of our neighbors all weekend. The staff was rude (to put it nicely) and the most excitement we got out of them was when we reported that someone was trying to break in through a back gate. (they ran out to stop/assess the situation). Too many broken items in our room to list. I am 5 ft 4 in and the shower head was at eye level for me...not so fun for my tall husband to shower in. The "continental breakfast?" Well, it's all just carbs, no fruit and don't even try to ask for some. All in all, I wish I would have paid the $10 more to stay at a Best Western.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Cheap hotel close to Napa, Calif."
The hotel was surprisingly inexpensive, although the property was fairly old. Upon checking, in we found our room had a strong bleach scent - the upside was no mildew in the bathroom! When our neighbors checked in however, we discovered the reason for the low rate. We could have easily conversed with our neighbors through the thin walls, if they hadn't been so scary. We would not have stayed there a second night.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
cindee
"ghetto!!"
We checked in at 7pm.. I felt uneasy the second I pulled in. 2 walked into one of our 2 rooms. The smell was so bad I walked back out. The other room have mildew growing in the bathroom. For being a howard johnson inn it was a joke. Motel 6 is a 5 star hotel compared to this hotel. I didn't waste anytime booking a different room for us that second. Never even got a question of why I checked out 10 minutes after checking in. BEWARE DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU LIKE THE RUN DOWN DIRTY hotels!!
1 night business trip May 25, 2014
Belinda
At first glance, the room appeared clean and comfortable, but after settling in, it was obvious that the edges of the room and bathroom had not been cleaned in quite some time! Also there was a thick layer of dust on some of the less noticed areas of the room like the top of the hair dryer (which did not work) Also, nearly every single outlet in the room would not keep anything plugged in, the plug would just fall out! Overall, the room served our purpose, but I cannot understand why someone would not take the extra 10 minutes to vacuum the edges of the room, and clean the edges of the bathroom floor. Also, the lady in the continental breakfast area was very rude to our party when we arrived at 9:10 for breakfast. She said that breakfast was only served until 9:15 when it was clearly posted that it was until 9:30!! She was already cleaning up, and made us feel as if we were intruding by trying to enjoy the continental breakfast.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
TK
"terrible"
the bathroom still had pee around bottom of toilet.. 2 towels for 5 people.. bathtub had ring around it. bed smelled like had not been changed since previous people.. Never stay here again
Other trip May 6, 2014
"It was close to ferry landing"
We stayed gere after going the giants game . Breakfast was very poor , not enough staff , are room smelled like mildrew and I have 10 month old baby and 3 year old boys who were with us. Will not stay again
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"bad neighborhood, broken furniture"
There was a homeless person sleeping on a bench in the entry way, the chair in the room was broken, the bed frame was falling apart and my son almost cut himself on it, there was not enough parking, and there was no hot water for showers in the morning.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"close to Discovery Kingdom"
The hotel provided a shuttle to Discovery Kingdom & back to hotel.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Mary Clendenen
I think this hotel needs more employer to take good care of it. The surrounding was dirty. And breakfast seemed like not well prepared. Everything else was just standard. But its location is good. It's close to many dining place and a bargain store.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
it wasn't clean. had too put a bath mat in the shower, because it wasn't clean. bedding, covers stained. A room for 4 , had 2 towels
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"just ok"
Stayed 2 nights with my family to go to six flags room seemed seemed out dated, sheets were stained they didn't change them for second night just came in and made beds, some shady people in the room next to us don't think I would stay here again
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
robert
"Run down but usable."
Staff is very nice. Room very dated. No flat screen. 1 sink and the drain stopper was missing. The second night, the light in the vanity area quit working and maint. not available until the next day or we could move rooms. I just took the lamp from the desk and used it there since we left the next day. The shower head had no flow control so very weak spray. The beds were satisfactory. The TV was an old crt but worked ok. If you just need a place to sleep, it works, but don't have high expectations.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
JeffnReno
"BIG____ disappointment!!!!!!!"
We have staid in many hotels across the country, but have never been treated as badly as at this one.Although they said "all" rooms were non-smoking, We had to move three times to find a room that was "Non-smoking". The carpets were filled with the smell of smoke! The room we finally got had to have repairs done before we could stay in it. The owner-manager was rude and all but accused us of causing the broken outlet in the wall. He canceled our keys twice and accused us of causing them not to work. I will never stay at a Howard Johnson's again and will think twice about using Expedia for recommendations. The only good thing about our stay was being away all day with my son. I couldn't move cause Expedia had my money and I couldn't afford another motel. VERY BAD experience!!! 7 days of BAD!!!
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
KPO
"Good Value"
Inexpensive but right in the heart of things. We visit family in Napa and find that we are near reasonable restaurants plus Discovery Kingdom is within 10 minutes.
4 night family trip Mar 30, 2014
Marvinna S
"Don't judge by the outside.."
This room was better than the Marriott
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
Lee John
"Worst ever"
This hotel is in poor condition. The room was old and musty smelling. The floor had sticky spots in the carpeted vanity area, so we had to wear shoes. The light over the sink kept going dim, so we couldn't see and the whole room wasn't lit very well. The room had dusty cobwebs in the popcorn ceiling. The pool wasn't heated. It's just an old, outdated hotel and we will never stay here again.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Good nice people.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2014
"Filthy Room"
The old hotel was so dated that I wonder if the have ever cleaned it since it was built in the 50s. Mold in the bath room, used wash cloth left on the show rod, tv was old tube model with a non working remote, wall paper was stained , carpet was worn, and the breakfast area had food all over the griddle and tables, coffee was so strong that it tasted thick \. Avoid this place at all cost
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
putterpusher
"yuck!"
It was dirty and run down. Scary at night. If you are coming from a rural area.. and want to see some intercity culture.. this is it!
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
Frugal
"friendly staff"
I was very inpressed with the friendlyniss of the checkin clerk,I made a mistake on my reservation and she was so sweet to change from 2 beds to one
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2014
jack
"Kinda dirty and worn down, but decent"
Had a decent stay, breakfast was better than normal free breakfast at other places.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"I've not had any worse!"
First) the young gentleman was wonderfully helpful. Second) I'm glad the sheets were clean & there was coffee for the am. Third) this was the filthiest place I ever been to. Lastly) I will "never " stay in a Howard Johnson's again !
1 night trip with friends Nov 9, 2013
"now non smoking"
ok hotel for the money, but if you're a smoker look elsewhere. this hotel is completely non smoking. hotels.com needs to update their listing on this property
1 night trip Nov 10, 2013
dan
"not my first choice"
if I had gotten it for the $68 per night cost, I would feel better about it, but it was $80 per night when I finally booked it - not worth that price. Staff was nice. questionable guests in the room next door...if it's a quick overnight stay it would work - but I wouldn't stay one minute longer....!
2 night business trip Nov 1, 2013
Rooms were small and in need of an update. The service was good though. I had to move rooms due to odor in the first room we were given and it was no problem. Close to the Six Flags and the advertise having a shuttle to the park. I unfortunately didn't know that we had to reserve it ahead of time though so we didn't get to use it.
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2013
"Left and stayed elsewhere for remainder of trip"
They don't clean the rooms during your stay and the shower drain kept clogging. We had to go down to the front desk every night. Ended up leaving and staying at the Comfort Inn, instead.
3 night business trip Oct 9, 2013
"Shabby neighborhood, don't stay here"
Should have stayed at comfort Inn near all shopping and restaurants, really regret staying here. Nothing good about this hotel.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"False Advertisement of Ammentities"
I would not recommend this hotel to absolutely anyone. None of the amenities promised are provided. You have an old box t.v. that is wired by antennas. The internet service does not work. The breakfast inconclusive was an old waffle maker and stale donuts. It is not worth the price charged. Inappropriate adulterer trafficking is very prevalent. All throughout the night you will hear people in your surrounding rooms having intercourse very loudly. Quality of service is horrible. I canceled my reservation what I was paid to stay 4 nights I only stayed 1. The hotel has yet to release the remainder of my funding.
4 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"Owners are not fit to run a business"
This hotel is not appropriate for business travelers. Check in was interesting as we were shown 4 rooms before we found one with properly working locks and clean. We stayed for close to two weeks and were frequently kept up at night or awoken by excess noise. People tossing pebbles at the window, lurking people and we awoke to left over beer bottels around. In an effort to give the the property the benefit of the doubt I called them prior to answering this rate. I was met with hostility and then the owner hung up on me. They dont seem to be interested in public relations and perhaps want to cycle through travelers rather than building a reputation for client services. A sub standard Howard Johnson property.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Old hotel"
Hotel looked decent when booking. We were just stopping through on our way to San Francisco and were looking for a budget friendly hotel. It was not worth it. The hotel needs a renovation. Our non-smoking room wreaked of cigarette smoke, there was mildew in the ceiling and the neighborhood was not the best. Would not recommend this hotel
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
"."
It was ok, good location. Bath tub was dirty. Had to clean it before I let my kids take a shower.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Cheap and Dirty!"
We had stayed at this hotel several years back and were very surprised at the overall dirtiness of the site. Door jams, walls, and everything...had years if grime. Cushions at pool...filthy! Only ice machine broken, no nitice and noone seemed to care. Sheets were clean, it was late, so we stayed, but will not be back!
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"sonoma racyway"
We had a promlbe with the room we check in no no phone but we got better room
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"What a pit. Not suites in anyway"
This place was in the Hood. The pool was full of gang bangers. The "suite" we spent extra for was in no way a suite. They were single rooms with King beds and sofa's. The area sucked. We were afraid to walk around at night. The first room we got was nasty, and the lights turned themselves off...so we were changed to a much nicer one...but would NEVER GO BACK.... Stay away!!!
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Old and uncomfortable"
I felt unsafe and worried about my vehicle, I think there needs to be better security. My sleep was upset by a group of people hanging out and talking on the stairs outside of our room. The room and hotel was very run down. Weeds and ground maintenance was poor. The Beds were old and sagging to the center. The breakfast was about the nicest thing we experienced. The Wi-Fi was poor and only worked if by the room door.
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2013
"You get what you pay for."
It was the cheapest hotel available for our trip and considering that it was not bad at all. The hotel was run down but the rooms served their purpose and had the refrigerator and microwave we wanted. The breakfast was also better than I expected. They had waffles and boiled eggs in addition to usual muffins, danish, toast, and cereal. The pool was not heated though.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
"Worst hotel stay ever"
When we first pulled up to the hotel we were afraid to even get out because it was very dirty looking. The room was not any better, the kids didn't even want to get into bed or walk on the floor with their bare feet. It was gross.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2013
Kristi
"Inexpensive"
Hotel was OK but not kept up very well. Pool chairs and recliners were old and stained, weeds growing through concrete. Pool water appeared clean though. Over all not the best Hotel but we got what we paid for and it was close to Six Flags. Would not stay again if we spent our time at the Hotel. Hotel staff were pleasant and polite.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"It's not what it shows on the pictures"
This hotel is Not a good place to stay It's old And it smells Everything on it is dirty
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Picked this hotel mainly for price, but ended up spending more due to lack of quality breakfast. Cheap stay for park visit, but won't stay again. Spend a little more and you'll get a nicer location.
4 night family trip Aug 4, 2013
Mom of 2
"Howard Johnson?"
Howard should take his name back. This is the dirtiest hotels I have stayed in. Everything in this place was dirty. I walked from the bathroom to the bed in my socks and wanted to throw them away. This place should be totally redone or level it.
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2013
"Disappointing. Needs some TLC. Lacking cleanliness"
This place needs some TLC. There was a hole in the carpet, mold smell and mold in bath tub. Door was a hassle to open. Door lock was lose. Breakfast was stale cereal and sparse. Once food was gone it was gone. They did not refill food trays. Staff was friendly and helpful, but hotel needs some repairs and needs to pay closer attention to keeping it clean.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"Someone help this hotel"
Good location. That's the only good thing I have to say about this hotel. The staff is rude and act like its a bother to have customers. The rooms are not clean. A little vacuuming never hurt anybody. A gas station bathroom is cleaner than the one we had in our room. Don't bother with the continental breakfast which you have to eat in their small breakfast room. 1 waffle maker, cereal and bread. The shuttle service they offer to Six Flags was a joke. We signed up for it. We were on the shuttle which only leaves and returns one time a day, 10 am and 8 pm the park hours for that day, then was told by the driver that he will pick us up at 430 because that's the time he gets off and there will be no one else available to pick us up. We need to take a cab back. This place is definitely one of a kind.
3 night trip Aug 4, 2013
Multiple major issues with the management. When I walked into office with my young daughter, the hotel computer was being used by a guest viewing naked pictures of women. I mentioned it to the receptionist and she flat out denied it. Roll away Bed sheets were unclean with lots of hair on them. I went to the reception and asked for clean sheets and blanket so I can change them. The receptionist stated that she did not have access to the laundry and clean linens. When I insisted that it was their responsibility to provide a clean room and bed, she found a set of sheets in the back room. The set of sheets they provided had an 8 inch diameter yellow stain on it, when I pointed out the stain, she agreed that the sheets were not clean. she found another set that had a nasty stain. They had no more sheets or blanket. I spent the night in the car. The place is not kept up with old plastic bags full of something in the back near our room.
5 night family trip Jul 29, 2013
Tony
"Dirty"
The room door was not safe. The room was extremelly dirty including the pool. Motel 6 is probably cleaner . I will never stay in a howard johnson ever.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013