All hotels in Vallejo, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here44 Admiral Callaghan Lane, Vallejo, CA, 94591, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.4
    2.8
    2.4
    2.1
    2.3
"Don't stay here"
Cops in the parking lot and round table pizza wouldn't even deliver to the hotel
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
bill
"Don't stay there"
The owners don't know how to use their computer system, so when we went to check in, that couldn't find our reservation. When they finally found it, they told us they didn't have a room for us, even though we'd prepaid. We left... Not happy
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
sheri
If was disgusting and filthy. It was a nonsmoking room and reeked of smoke. We left and moved to another hotel.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Needs a major upgrade"
Room was filthy, smelled of smoke, no air conditioner, mold in bathroom, door not working. Was. Terrible experience
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"The Natural"
The staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. Some of their equipment needed to be replaced or upgraded to improve productivity. Overall staff has very good attitude towards maintaining a good work environment. With some improvement towards equipment this facility could be a shining example of the company.
3 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
"bad area"
room was great for the money. Lots of creeps walking around in and out of hotel grounds. Even eating the free breakfast.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"never again"
this place was a bad experience for me there was a couple that argued from 3 in the morning to 8 in the morning and it took the police until that time to come stop them from fighting the hotel staff never got involved to stop the fighting and when I left around 10:30 they were still there they should have been kicked out I barely got any sleep because of it I would never go to that place ever again good luck to whoever goes there because its ghetto
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
tanika
"Dont stay here!"
The room smelled like cigerets and it was a non smoking room. The bedding and floor was stained I would not stay again
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
We stayed there because of the rate, but it wasn't what we thought it was going to be. The first night, let me just say the walls are thin and our neighbors were up all night. The day we left, we realized that our other neighbor was grooming her dog on the table. There was alot of shady activity on the premises, but everyone was polite. AC was the best thing about the room.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
sarah
"Horrible hotel and experience"
This is not a 2.5 star hotel. It would be lucky to receive a 1 star rating. Room was dirty and wasn't vacuumed in over a month. Walls were paper thin and other guests were being loud and staff at the front desk would not address the issue. Hotel system was antiquated and had to take photo copies of my ID and credit card. Not very safe and wouldn't give the copies back to me after our stay. Hotel management/owner just ignored our request. Will never stay in a Howard Johnson hotel ever again!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Gordon
"Pictures did not match the room we stayed in"
The staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The appearance of the hotel was dated and seems a little run down. Upon entering the room, it was clean but very dated. The TV was a tube type, the floor was not carpeted by lament wood flooring, and the bathroom was clearly outdated. When I picked the hotel the pictures showed a modern, updated and clean room. I started questioning why I picked this hotel, until I went back to the web site. Lastly, either Expedia or the hotel advertise the room could accommodate 5 people, that was not true either. It is only set up for four people, AND they did not have roll away bed. They advertise free breakfast in the morning. They did have breakfast, but it was make your own waffles, bagels wrapped in plastic, plastic glasses and the room was also outdated.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"WORST HOTEL EVER"
Awful experience! We could not stay in there, we were afraid of our security, the place is dirty, has holes in the walls. We left the hotel half an hour after arriving. Expedia should not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
ENNA
"ok to stay if last resort"
Booked 2 rms n called hotel to confirm with request to have side by side rms. Clerk was nice to meet request but upon arrival, other customers were not happy. Some complaints are tripped circuit breakers, blurred tv shows n one customer was issued a wrong room. I did not experience any of the above but would not book in future
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"Cheap."
It is cheap. If you are too exhausted to try to drive after Six Flags and need a very cheap room, this will do. And, the pool isn't that bad. But, do not expect a safe-seeming location, friendly welcome, updated or even clean room. Do not expect at least one towel per person. Do not expect anything besides bread with sugar at the continental breakfast. Expect a sketchy neighborhood that makes you feel uncomfortable and worried about your kids' safety. Expect the doors to stick, if your key even opens the door (we had to go back and get new room keys and had to actually kick and shove the door to get it to open). Expect the front desk personnel to eventually help you, even though you are obviously interrupting their personal discussion. Expect shabby, run-down, worn rooms. Expect horrifically stained carpet and a room that smells like a thrift store. Expect the fridge to have to be unplugged because it makes loud, creepy sounds constantly. Expect people to argue and slam doors late into the night. Expect a very irritated and put-out woman to eventually show you how you are not using the waffle iron the right way - her way - while you eat your complimentary breakfast of bread and sugar (waffle, cereal or Danish? are the only choices, no fruit or yogurt and not the way you want to start the day). Expect a call to remind you it is time to get out at 10:30am. But, it is cheap.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Brande
"What a Dump!"
DO NOT stay at the Howard Johnson in Vallejo. It's nothing like its picture. The hotel is old and worn down and is in a not so nice part of town. Originally, my wife and I book an overnight stay at the Howard Johnson because it was near Discovery Kingdom. Once we got to the hotel our plans quickly changed. We checked in at 2:30 in the afternoon and checked out at 4:30 the same day! There was no way we going to stay overnight there. In addition to cleanliness, our other major concern was security. We were worried about the security of our luggage in our room, and we were also worried about our car being broken into at night. Expedia should do a better job of screening hotels before advertising them on its website.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Carl
"RATING SHOULD BE A ZERO--(0) NASTY!!!!DIRTY!!!!!"
DIRTY!!!!!!NASTY!!!!!!DO NOT STAY AT THIS LOCATION IT IS NOT WORTH IT TO SAVE $20.00 I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!THE STAFF IS OKAY BUT, THE HOTEL IS AWFUL!!!THE DOOR HAD DIRTY MARKS, YOU DO NOT EVEN WANT TO PUT YOUR FEET ON THE CARPET, THE CURTINS DO NOT HANG PROPERLY, THE ROOM IS DIRTY, THE BREAKFAST ROOM IS GROSS!!!!!
2 night trip Jun 11, 2014
JONES
"DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
DIRTY!!!! THE HOTEL IS VERY DIRTY! THE ONLY REASON WHY WE STAYED IS BECAUSE THE HOTEL WAS PAID FOR IN ADVANCE! NASTY!THE DOORS, CHILLS GO ALL OVER MY BODY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT! I TOOK PICTURES TO SEND TO HOTELS.COM IT SHOULD NOT EVEN BY ON THE LIST! I GOT UPGRADED TO A SUITE AFTER COMPLIMAING TO THE FRONT DESK. MY HUSBAND AND I WALKED INTO THE ROOM AND I SAID ARE THEY KIDDING (THIS IS A JOKE) IT WAS JUST A LARGER ROOM!THEY DID NOT HAVE TOWELS IN THE SHOWER! I CALLED THE FRONT DESK THE CLERK SAID WE ARE OUT OF CLEAN TOWELS! THE BREAKFAST ---OMG! A LONG HAIR IN THE PANCAKE MIX,( THAT WAS IN A NASTY PITCHER ,BUTTER A SPOON WAS IN THE TUB(YES TUB OF I CAN NOT BELEIVE IT IS NOT BUTTER), THE DANISH CUT IN HALF, (DIRTY LOOKING) THE WAFFLE GRILL --- I WILL TRY TO DESCRIBE IT--BLACK WITH DRIED UP DIRTY PANCAKE MIX BURNT ON IT!!! ORANGE JUICE --TAMPICO PUNCH MIXED WITH WATER! SWIMMING AREA --GROSS!!! DID I EAT--NO--SLEEP A LITTLE ONLY BECAUSE WE WAS EXHAUSTED!!! HOTELS. COM DID GIVE US A VOUCHER FOR $25.00 IT WAS UNBELEIVEABLE THE SHUTTLE TO MARINE WORLD ONLY RUNS ON THE WEEK-END, BUT THE FRONT DESK SAID I HAVE HAD SO MANY REQUEST I WILL TRY TO CALL THE DRIVER AT HOME TO SEE IF WE CAN PROVIDE SERVICES
1 night trip Jun 10, 2014
JACKSON
"Fair"
Priced too high for condition and location of hotel
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Terrible"
Hotel was awful, dirty room, couldn't get extra towels after asking several times, disgusting pool, toilet in room barely flushed.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
We got a room with 2 full sized beds. The cleanliness of the top cover blanket was questionable. The bathroom was old but as far as cleanliness goes, it was ok. No bugs or roaches. The quality of hotel service was a joke. There were 3 of us and the hotel only supplied us with 2 sets of towels. When we called for more, they said they had no more towels. NO MORE TOWELS?!! How do you run out of towels when you offer the bare minimum? A doubled bedded room should come with 4 sets of towels as a STANDARD. There was no coffee pot, and the original room's balcony door didn't even open. They at least let us change rooms...we should have taken those towels. The surrounding area is a bit ghetto too. Walls are thin. So yeah. Expensive for what it is.
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2014
"You get what u pay for..."
Very inexpensive BUT our reservation was for five people our hotel had two towels the hotel room and the hotel itself was old and run down and not properly maintained. The complimentary continental breakfast was horrible, 3 options to chose from. But it was cheap! :0/
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Erica
"Its nothing to brag about. But for the price"
Mainly standard price and convenience made it perfect
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Unsavory and unsafe"
I'm to understand that this motel converted to "non-smoking" from previously "smoking" at some point, it is hard to tell since the bed coverings are stained, tattered and riddled with cigarette burns. The entire room was permeated with smoke, the carpet, walls, ceiling, all stained and smelly. Furthermore; the walls were visibly splattered with an unknown sticky substance. More than one light bulb was burnt out. The clock was not working. This motel is located in an "unsavory" part of town which was concerning since my first floor room had a sliding bathroom window that had no security device and could accommodate a full grown man to climb through. The door was equipped with the bare minimum in security locks as well. IF I weren't already exhausted, and IF I could afford to lose my deposit, and IF I could have navigated in the dark to another motel that might have vacancy I surely would have turn around upon arrival. I have traveled to third world countries and had cleaner and safer accommodations than this. EXPEDIA you ought to visit this site for yourselves and submit your own "star" rating. Two and half Stars? .. I think not.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Ghetto!!!
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
Ben
"Well...that's not what we expected!"
The best part about this hotel is that it is only 2 miles from Six Flags and has a pool. The online listing states that there is a complimentary shuttle to Six Flags, but apparently that is only when the shuttle driver "feels like fitting it in to his schedule." In other words....we had to pay for a taxi. The walls are paper thin and we had to hear all the happenings of our neighbors all weekend. The staff was rude (to put it nicely) and the most excitement we got out of them was when we reported that someone was trying to break in through a back gate. (they ran out to stop/assess the situation). Too many broken items in our room to list. I am 5 ft 4 in and the shower head was at eye level for me...not so fun for my tall husband to shower in. The "continental breakfast?" Well, it's all just carbs, no fruit and don't even try to ask for some. All in all, I wish I would have paid the $10 more to stay at a Best Western.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Cheap hotel close to Napa, Calif."
The hotel was surprisingly inexpensive, although the property was fairly old. Upon checking, in we found our room had a strong bleach scent - the upside was no mildew in the bathroom! When our neighbors checked in however, we discovered the reason for the low rate. We could have easily conversed with our neighbors through the thin walls, if they hadn't been so scary. We would not have stayed there a second night.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
cindee
"ghetto!!"
We checked in at 7pm.. I felt uneasy the second I pulled in. 2 walked into one of our 2 rooms. The smell was so bad I walked back out. The other room have mildew growing in the bathroom. For being a howard johnson inn it was a joke. Motel 6 is a 5 star hotel compared to this hotel. I didn't waste anytime booking a different room for us that second. Never even got a question of why I checked out 10 minutes after checking in. BEWARE DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU LIKE THE RUN DOWN DIRTY hotels!!
1 night business trip May 25, 2014
Belinda
At first glance, the room appeared clean and comfortable, but after settling in, it was obvious that the edges of the room and bathroom had not been cleaned in quite some time! Also there was a thick layer of dust on some of the less noticed areas of the room like the top of the hair dryer (which did not work) Also, nearly every single outlet in the room would not keep anything plugged in, the plug would just fall out! Overall, the room served our purpose, but I cannot understand why someone would not take the extra 10 minutes to vacuum the edges of the room, and clean the edges of the bathroom floor. Also, the lady in the continental breakfast area was very rude to our party when we arrived at 9:10 for breakfast. She said that breakfast was only served until 9:15 when it was clearly posted that it was until 9:30!! She was already cleaning up, and made us feel as if we were intruding by trying to enjoy the continental breakfast.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
TK
"terrible"
the bathroom still had pee around bottom of toilet.. 2 towels for 5 people.. bathtub had ring around it. bed smelled like had not been changed since previous people.. Never stay here again
Other trip May 6, 2014
"It was close to ferry landing"
We stayed gere after going the giants game . Breakfast was very poor , not enough staff , are room smelled like mildrew and I have 10 month old baby and 3 year old boys who were with us. Will not stay again
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"bad neighborhood, broken furniture"
There was a homeless person sleeping on a bench in the entry way, the chair in the room was broken, the bed frame was falling apart and my son almost cut himself on it, there was not enough parking, and there was no hot water for showers in the morning.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"close to Discovery Kingdom"
The hotel provided a shuttle to Discovery Kingdom & back to hotel.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Mary Clendenen
I think this hotel needs more employer to take good care of it. The surrounding was dirty. And breakfast seemed like not well prepared. Everything else was just standard. But its location is good. It's close to many dining place and a bargain store.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
it wasn't clean. had too put a bath mat in the shower, because it wasn't clean. bedding, covers stained. A room for 4 , had 2 towels
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"just ok"
Stayed 2 nights with my family to go to six flags room seemed seemed out dated, sheets were stained they didn't change them for second night just came in and made beds, some shady people in the room next to us don't think I would stay here again
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
robert
"Run down but usable."
Staff is very nice. Room very dated. No flat screen. 1 sink and the drain stopper was missing. The second night, the light in the vanity area quit working and maint. not available until the next day or we could move rooms. I just took the lamp from the desk and used it there since we left the next day. The shower head had no flow control so very weak spray. The beds were satisfactory. The TV was an old crt but worked ok. If you just need a place to sleep, it works, but don't have high expectations.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
JeffnReno
"BIG____ disappointment!!!!!!!"
We have staid in many hotels across the country, but have never been treated as badly as at this one.Although they said "all" rooms were non-smoking, We had to move three times to find a room that was "Non-smoking". The carpets were filled with the smell of smoke! The room we finally got had to have repairs done before we could stay in it. The owner-manager was rude and all but accused us of causing the broken outlet in the wall. He canceled our keys twice and accused us of causing them not to work. I will never stay at a Howard Johnson's again and will think twice about using Expedia for recommendations. The only good thing about our stay was being away all day with my son. I couldn't move cause Expedia had my money and I couldn't afford another motel. VERY BAD experience!!! 7 days of BAD!!!
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
KPO
"Good Value"
Inexpensive but right in the heart of things. We visit family in Napa and find that we are near reasonable restaurants plus Discovery Kingdom is within 10 minutes.
4 night family trip Mar 30, 2014
Marvinna S
"Don't judge by the outside.."
This room was better than the Marriott
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
Lee John
"Worst ever"
This hotel is in poor condition. The room was old and musty smelling. The floor had sticky spots in the carpeted vanity area, so we had to wear shoes. The light over the sink kept going dim, so we couldn't see and the whole room wasn't lit very well. The room had dusty cobwebs in the popcorn ceiling. The pool wasn't heated. It's just an old, outdated hotel and we will never stay here again.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Good nice people.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2014
"Filthy Room"
The old hotel was so dated that I wonder if the have ever cleaned it since it was built in the 50s. Mold in the bath room, used wash cloth left on the show rod, tv was old tube model with a non working remote, wall paper was stained , carpet was worn, and the breakfast area had food all over the griddle and tables, coffee was so strong that it tasted thick \. Avoid this place at all cost
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
putterpusher
"yuck!"
It was dirty and run down. Scary at night. If you are coming from a rural area.. and want to see some intercity culture.. this is it!
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
Frugal
"friendly staff"
I was very inpressed with the friendlyniss of the checkin clerk,I made a mistake on my reservation and she was so sweet to change from 2 beds to one
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2014
jack
"Kinda dirty and worn down, but decent"
Had a decent stay, breakfast was better than normal free breakfast at other places.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"I've not had any worse!"
First) the young gentleman was wonderfully helpful. Second) I'm glad the sheets were clean & there was coffee for the am. Third) this was the filthiest place I ever been to. Lastly) I will "never " stay in a Howard Johnson's again !
1 night trip with friends Nov 9, 2013
"now non smoking"
ok hotel for the money, but if you're a smoker look elsewhere. this hotel is completely non smoking. hotels.com needs to update their listing on this property
1 night trip Nov 10, 2013
dan
"not my first choice"
if I had gotten it for the $68 per night cost, I would feel better about it, but it was $80 per night when I finally booked it - not worth that price. Staff was nice. questionable guests in the room next door...if it's a quick overnight stay it would work - but I wouldn't stay one minute longer....!
2 night business trip Nov 1, 2013
Rooms were small and in need of an update. The service was good though. I had to move rooms due to odor in the first room we were given and it was no problem. Close to the Six Flags and the advertise having a shuttle to the park. I unfortunately didn't know that we had to reserve it ahead of time though so we didn't get to use it.
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2013
"Left and stayed elsewhere for remainder of trip"
They don't clean the rooms during your stay and the shower drain kept clogging. We had to go down to the front desk every night. Ended up leaving and staying at the Comfort Inn, instead.
3 night business trip Oct 9, 2013