All hotels in Vallejo, California, United States of America
44 Admiral Callaghan Lane, Vallejo, CA, 94591, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.4
    2.7
    2.4
    2.1
    2.3
"Been in better."
Light bulbs were missing. No batteries in tv remote. Room was old, outdated, and rundown.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
"Family vacation"
Still a little drive to Magic Mountain. If you stay in an inside room it is clean and friendly. The rooms facing the super market are a little less friendly for a family
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Casey
"Inexpensive Hotel Near Discover Kingdom"
The hotel is old, and in disrepair. Parking is very limited on busy weekends, apparently. The sheets were clean but that is about all. The carpets are so dirty that literally 5 minutes after showering, the bottoms of our feet were black from the carpets. The shower rod was held by 1 screw on each side, causing it to sag, causing water to splatter out all over the floor. And ice bucket is provided but there is no working ice machine on site. I was told my the clerk that he would have to go buy some at the store. Dirty towels were removed each day of our 3 day stay, but clean towels only restocked 1 day. I had to go request towels from the desk 2 days. The price was great but as the expression goes, you get what you pay for. I would not stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
MDB
"Satisfactory"
The motel is conveniently located near places to eat, shop and the Six Flags amusement park. The staff (housekeeping staff) work hard to keep things clean, and I was impressed by this, alone! The motel, itself, could use some repairs and upgrades, but I realize this is expensive - nonetheless, having things that work properly, is always a plus and the room would actually be worth a little more money at this point.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
TJ
"Thanks for nothing"
Booked room for 2 nights. When arrived was notified that the second night was canceled due to over booking. had to find another hotel the next day.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Very dirty and not kept up. Good"
Room was not clean I complained switched rooms not much better.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"vallejo howard johnsons home away from home"
real nice an breakfast is good an the maids leave u alone when you put do not disturb on door they leave u alone
4 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
"it was good but beds are hard"
good experiece would stay there again if the beds were softer
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
monika
"I'm not going back."
The bathroom, desk, and night stand were dirty. They said there were a lot of rooms to clean that day so they were probably just missed. After I asked for cleaning supplies so I could clean the shower and toilet myself they offered to move us a couple doors down (which looked like it had been cleaned). The bed wasn't very comfy and breakfast is served in a shut down restaurant that was cold and only had half the lights on. All in all I wouldn't go back, even with the discounted rate.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"Nicer and cheaper than Motel 6."
Very nice shower head, nice water pressure. Nicer finishes than other HoJo locations. Nice outdoor pool, (didn't use, winter), big window with sheer light filter, not just a solid light blocker. Nice decent things in the room, coffee, etc, nothing special, but much better than even renovated motel 6 for less money than motel 6 thanks to Hotels.com These surveys come out way too late to remember everything. Should be available as soon as you check in.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2015
michael
"cang be trusted"
They should have more control over environment the staff should follow through o N regulations. I had an issue where the front desk issued out a room key to an unregistered guess claiming he was related to someone to them my phone came up missing an no action was being down about it
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
cheryl
"Great Experience"
I read the reviews and was a little learry and I once again realize you have to form your own opinion. Me and my husband were very pleasantly surprised by the room size, the comfort of the bed. Very modern and clean. So what the hotel is a little bit older.. But it did the job. It literally sits in the same parking lot of a grocery store parking so if you need a quick shopping trip for snacks, soda, for your baby or what not.. It was soo convenient. ( I just walked over).. Its next to jack in the box, car wash and there is a restaurant right on the hotel parking lot.. Whenever we asked for more towels. Room service was quick in responding. I would stay here again..
4 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
Anna
"Close to six flags ."
The check in was quick and easy. Nice front desk staff. Comfy beds.
"Unclean in a shady neighborhood"
Unfortunately we did not have a good experience with our stay. We felt quite unsafe.
"Unsafe"
The hotel is very unsafe, we woke up and police cars were all over, homeless people trespassed in the rooms. Although the front desk person Lia was very accomodating and friendly. For the amt of $98 a night, i could have a better room for that price.
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2014
When I booked the room, I was told it was for a room with balcony but when I checked in, the info the office had was totally different. It was on the ground level and no balcony. I booked for 2 days so was concerned when I tried to enter my room the second day after visiting with family, and couldn't enter. The office apologized adding when I checked in, the booking was incorrectly given for 1 day.
2 night trip Nov 7, 2014
Kathleen A.
"I would think twice like the rating!"
It served its purpose. SLEEP AND SHOWER. I am just wondering if Howard Johnson Company knows they are being highly miss represented at this particular location. **(Maybe the CEO of Howard Johnson should stay one night undercover boss kinda stay.)
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Cathelene
"not recommend"
Would not recommend this hotel, not like pics, bad area, breakfast was worst free continental I have ever had at a hotel that offers it . Would not recommend for family visiting six flags.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
joseph
"Show up to work on time"
The office was vacant in the morning making it impossible to get a couole more towels. If which the room only had a total of 2.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Not worth the price!! Okay if you were paying $60 a night but not worth $100 a night. Expect better for that price.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Hotel close to Napa area"
I had booked the hotel for 3 nights but needed to cancel the 3rd night. I was told by the front desk agent (very nice girl) that she couldn't touch the reservation bc it was booked through hotels.com and I had to call them to make any changes to the reservation. Anyway, I did get on the phone with hotels.com and finally was able to convince them to cancel my reservation and get a credit for my stay (since I had prepaid for all three nights). When we checked into the room, there was a strong smell of bleach, a sticker on the headboard of the bed and no towels. The sticker and no towels were not of concern to us but the bleach smell was. The nice agent (same girl) moved us to a different room. A non smoking room which someone had smoked in and it smelled awful in there. We went back to the desk, explained that someone had smoked in there and it's smells awful. There was no other room she could move us into as they were completely sold out. Needless to say we stuck it out in that room for the duration of our stay. I have allergies to cigarette smoke and was sneezing and coughing the entire time but we could not cancel as that would mean my entire payment would not be refunded back to me (it was already hard enough getting the 3rd night credited back with hotels.com) . I didn't want to get into that whole long conversation with the hotels.com rep again. We couldn't afford to pay for another hotel if we didn't have our money refunded for this stay so we stayed there.
3 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Singh
"Don't stay here"
Cops in the parking lot and round table pizza wouldn't even deliver to the hotel
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
bill
"Don't stay there"
The owners don't know how to use their computer system, so when we went to check in, that couldn't find our reservation. When they finally found it, they told us they didn't have a room for us, even though we'd prepaid. We left... Not happy
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
sheri
If was disgusting and filthy. It was a nonsmoking room and reeked of smoke. We left and moved to another hotel.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Needs a major upgrade"
Room was filthy, smelled of smoke, no air conditioner, mold in bathroom, door not working. Was. Terrible experience
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"The Natural"
The staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. Some of their equipment needed to be replaced or upgraded to improve productivity. Overall staff has very good attitude towards maintaining a good work environment. With some improvement towards equipment this facility could be a shining example of the company.
3 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
"bad area"
room was great for the money. Lots of creeps walking around in and out of hotel grounds. Even eating the free breakfast.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"never again"
this place was a bad experience for me there was a couple that argued from 3 in the morning to 8 in the morning and it took the police until that time to come stop them from fighting the hotel staff never got involved to stop the fighting and when I left around 10:30 they were still there they should have been kicked out I barely got any sleep because of it I would never go to that place ever again good luck to whoever goes there because its ghetto
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
tanika
"Dont stay here!"
The room smelled like cigerets and it was a non smoking room. The bedding and floor was stained I would not stay again
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
We stayed there because of the rate, but it wasn't what we thought it was going to be. The first night, let me just say the walls are thin and our neighbors were up all night. The day we left, we realized that our other neighbor was grooming her dog on the table. There was alot of shady activity on the premises, but everyone was polite. AC was the best thing about the room.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
sarah
"Horrible hotel and experience"
This is not a 2.5 star hotel. It would be lucky to receive a 1 star rating. Room was dirty and wasn't vacuumed in over a month. Walls were paper thin and other guests were being loud and staff at the front desk would not address the issue. Hotel system was antiquated and had to take photo copies of my ID and credit card. Not very safe and wouldn't give the copies back to me after our stay. Hotel management/owner just ignored our request. Will never stay in a Howard Johnson hotel ever again!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Gordon
"Pictures did not match the room we stayed in"
The staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The appearance of the hotel was dated and seems a little run down. Upon entering the room, it was clean but very dated. The TV was a tube type, the floor was not carpeted by lament wood flooring, and the bathroom was clearly outdated. When I picked the hotel the pictures showed a modern, updated and clean room. I started questioning why I picked this hotel, until I went back to the web site. Lastly, either Expedia or the hotel advertise the room could accommodate 5 people, that was not true either. It is only set up for four people, AND they did not have roll away bed. They advertise free breakfast in the morning. They did have breakfast, but it was make your own waffles, bagels wrapped in plastic, plastic glasses and the room was also outdated.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"WORST HOTEL EVER"
Awful experience! We could not stay in there, we were afraid of our security, the place is dirty, has holes in the walls. We left the hotel half an hour after arriving. Expedia should not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
ENNA
"ok to stay if last resort"
Booked 2 rms n called hotel to confirm with request to have side by side rms. Clerk was nice to meet request but upon arrival, other customers were not happy. Some complaints are tripped circuit breakers, blurred tv shows n one customer was issued a wrong room. I did not experience any of the above but would not book in future
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"Cheap."
It is cheap. If you are too exhausted to try to drive after Six Flags and need a very cheap room, this will do. And, the pool isn't that bad. But, do not expect a safe-seeming location, friendly welcome, updated or even clean room. Do not expect at least one towel per person. Do not expect anything besides bread with sugar at the continental breakfast. Expect a sketchy neighborhood that makes you feel uncomfortable and worried about your kids' safety. Expect the doors to stick, if your key even opens the door (we had to go back and get new room keys and had to actually kick and shove the door to get it to open). Expect the front desk personnel to eventually help you, even though you are obviously interrupting their personal discussion. Expect shabby, run-down, worn rooms. Expect horrifically stained carpet and a room that smells like a thrift store. Expect the fridge to have to be unplugged because it makes loud, creepy sounds constantly. Expect people to argue and slam doors late into the night. Expect a very irritated and put-out woman to eventually show you how you are not using the waffle iron the right way - her way - while you eat your complimentary breakfast of bread and sugar (waffle, cereal or Danish? are the only choices, no fruit or yogurt and not the way you want to start the day). Expect a call to remind you it is time to get out at 10:30am. But, it is cheap.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Brande
"What a Dump!"
DO NOT stay at the Howard Johnson in Vallejo. It's nothing like its picture. The hotel is old and worn down and is in a not so nice part of town. Originally, my wife and I book an overnight stay at the Howard Johnson because it was near Discovery Kingdom. Once we got to the hotel our plans quickly changed. We checked in at 2:30 in the afternoon and checked out at 4:30 the same day! There was no way we going to stay overnight there. In addition to cleanliness, our other major concern was security. We were worried about the security of our luggage in our room, and we were also worried about our car being broken into at night. Expedia should do a better job of screening hotels before advertising them on its website.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Carl
"RATING SHOULD BE A ZERO--(0) NASTY!!!!DIRTY!!!!!"
DIRTY!!!!!!NASTY!!!!!!DO NOT STAY AT THIS LOCATION IT IS NOT WORTH IT TO SAVE $20.00 I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!THE STAFF IS OKAY BUT, THE HOTEL IS AWFUL!!!THE DOOR HAD DIRTY MARKS, YOU DO NOT EVEN WANT TO PUT YOUR FEET ON THE CARPET, THE CURTINS DO NOT HANG PROPERLY, THE ROOM IS DIRTY, THE BREAKFAST ROOM IS GROSS!!!!!
2 night trip Jun 11, 2014
JONES
"DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
DIRTY!!!! THE HOTEL IS VERY DIRTY! THE ONLY REASON WHY WE STAYED IS BECAUSE THE HOTEL WAS PAID FOR IN ADVANCE! NASTY!THE DOORS, CHILLS GO ALL OVER MY BODY JUST THINKING ABOUT IT! I TOOK PICTURES TO SEND TO HOTELS.COM IT SHOULD NOT EVEN BY ON THE LIST! I GOT UPGRADED TO A SUITE AFTER COMPLIMAING TO THE FRONT DESK. MY HUSBAND AND I WALKED INTO THE ROOM AND I SAID ARE THEY KIDDING (THIS IS A JOKE) IT WAS JUST A LARGER ROOM!THEY DID NOT HAVE TOWELS IN THE SHOWER! I CALLED THE FRONT DESK THE CLERK SAID WE ARE OUT OF CLEAN TOWELS! THE BREAKFAST ---OMG! A LONG HAIR IN THE PANCAKE MIX,( THAT WAS IN A NASTY PITCHER ,BUTTER A SPOON WAS IN THE TUB(YES TUB OF I CAN NOT BELEIVE IT IS NOT BUTTER), THE DANISH CUT IN HALF, (DIRTY LOOKING) THE WAFFLE GRILL --- I WILL TRY TO DESCRIBE IT--BLACK WITH DRIED UP DIRTY PANCAKE MIX BURNT ON IT!!! ORANGE JUICE --TAMPICO PUNCH MIXED WITH WATER! SWIMMING AREA --GROSS!!! DID I EAT--NO--SLEEP A LITTLE ONLY BECAUSE WE WAS EXHAUSTED!!! HOTELS. COM DID GIVE US A VOUCHER FOR $25.00 IT WAS UNBELEIVEABLE THE SHUTTLE TO MARINE WORLD ONLY RUNS ON THE WEEK-END, BUT THE FRONT DESK SAID I HAVE HAD SO MANY REQUEST I WILL TRY TO CALL THE DRIVER AT HOME TO SEE IF WE CAN PROVIDE SERVICES
1 night trip Jun 10, 2014
JACKSON
"Fair"
Priced too high for condition and location of hotel
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Terrible"
Hotel was awful, dirty room, couldn't get extra towels after asking several times, disgusting pool, toilet in room barely flushed.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
We got a room with 2 full sized beds. The cleanliness of the top cover blanket was questionable. The bathroom was old but as far as cleanliness goes, it was ok. No bugs or roaches. The quality of hotel service was a joke. There were 3 of us and the hotel only supplied us with 2 sets of towels. When we called for more, they said they had no more towels. NO MORE TOWELS?!! How do you run out of towels when you offer the bare minimum? A doubled bedded room should come with 4 sets of towels as a STANDARD. There was no coffee pot, and the original room's balcony door didn't even open. They at least let us change rooms...we should have taken those towels. The surrounding area is a bit ghetto too. Walls are thin. So yeah. Expensive for what it is.
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2014
"You get what u pay for..."
Very inexpensive BUT our reservation was for five people our hotel had two towels the hotel room and the hotel itself was old and run down and not properly maintained. The complimentary continental breakfast was horrible, 3 options to chose from. But it was cheap! :0/
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Erica
"Its nothing to brag about. But for the price"
Mainly standard price and convenience made it perfect
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Unsavory and unsafe"
I'm to understand that this motel converted to "non-smoking" from previously "smoking" at some point, it is hard to tell since the bed coverings are stained, tattered and riddled with cigarette burns. The entire room was permeated with smoke, the carpet, walls, ceiling, all stained and smelly. Furthermore; the walls were visibly splattered with an unknown sticky substance. More than one light bulb was burnt out. The clock was not working. This motel is located in an "unsavory" part of town which was concerning since my first floor room had a sliding bathroom window that had no security device and could accommodate a full grown man to climb through. The door was equipped with the bare minimum in security locks as well. IF I weren't already exhausted, and IF I could afford to lose my deposit, and IF I could have navigated in the dark to another motel that might have vacancy I surely would have turn around upon arrival. I have traveled to third world countries and had cleaner and safer accommodations than this. EXPEDIA you ought to visit this site for yourselves and submit your own "star" rating. Two and half Stars? .. I think not.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Ghetto!!!
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
Ben
"Well...that's not what we expected!"
The best part about this hotel is that it is only 2 miles from Six Flags and has a pool. The online listing states that there is a complimentary shuttle to Six Flags, but apparently that is only when the shuttle driver "feels like fitting it in to his schedule." In other words....we had to pay for a taxi. The walls are paper thin and we had to hear all the happenings of our neighbors all weekend. The staff was rude (to put it nicely) and the most excitement we got out of them was when we reported that someone was trying to break in through a back gate. (they ran out to stop/assess the situation). Too many broken items in our room to list. I am 5 ft 4 in and the shower head was at eye level for me...not so fun for my tall husband to shower in. The "continental breakfast?" Well, it's all just carbs, no fruit and don't even try to ask for some. All in all, I wish I would have paid the $10 more to stay at a Best Western.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Cheap hotel close to Napa, Calif."
The hotel was surprisingly inexpensive, although the property was fairly old. Upon checking, in we found our room had a strong bleach scent - the upside was no mildew in the bathroom! When our neighbors checked in however, we discovered the reason for the low rate. We could have easily conversed with our neighbors through the thin walls, if they hadn't been so scary. We would not have stayed there a second night.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
cindee
"ghetto!!"
We checked in at 7pm.. I felt uneasy the second I pulled in. 2 walked into one of our 2 rooms. The smell was so bad I walked back out. The other room have mildew growing in the bathroom. For being a howard johnson inn it was a joke. Motel 6 is a 5 star hotel compared to this hotel. I didn't waste anytime booking a different room for us that second. Never even got a question of why I checked out 10 minutes after checking in. BEWARE DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU LIKE THE RUN DOWN DIRTY hotels!!
1 night business trip May 25, 2014
Belinda
At first glance, the room appeared clean and comfortable, but after settling in, it was obvious that the edges of the room and bathroom had not been cleaned in quite some time! Also there was a thick layer of dust on some of the less noticed areas of the room like the top of the hair dryer (which did not work) Also, nearly every single outlet in the room would not keep anything plugged in, the plug would just fall out! Overall, the room served our purpose, but I cannot understand why someone would not take the extra 10 minutes to vacuum the edges of the room, and clean the edges of the bathroom floor. Also, the lady in the continental breakfast area was very rude to our party when we arrived at 9:10 for breakfast. She said that breakfast was only served until 9:15 when it was clearly posted that it was until 9:30!! She was already cleaning up, and made us feel as if we were intruding by trying to enjoy the continental breakfast.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
TK
"terrible"
the bathroom still had pee around bottom of toilet.. 2 towels for 5 people.. bathtub had ring around it. bed smelled like had not been changed since previous people.. Never stay here again
Other trip May 6, 2014