All hotels in Les Terres Basses, St. Martin
Baie Longue Bp 4077, Les Terres Basses, 97064, St. Martin, ‏‎800-491-6126

It was impecable. The hotel, the rooms, the service, every little detail was prefect.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Eduardo
"A Pic-Perfect Location !!!"
Everything was one could dream of to have for vacation at La Samanna, such as the beautiful beach with amazing water, 2 fun pools, pleasant garden with relaxing housing/ rooms with spacious terrace. Staff were very friendly in general. However I felt strongly that the food for both dinner and the breakfast don't worth for the costs. They were good, but as to the costs, they disappointed me. The food was fine but the staff weren't qualities to serve a "fine dining" experience,especially for dinner. The quality of breakfast was rather rough.... need to catch up.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Mstr
"Nice hotel but service needs to be improved"
Hotel is cozy and room includes a well equipped kitchen. Hotel room is clean, but needed some updated. We enjoyed the hotel and the facilities.
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
"Scenic view, attentive staff, friendly island"
We could not have had a better stay on Saint Martin. The hotel grounds and views are just like the pictures - turquoise waters, clean white sand, Mediterranean architecture. The hotel is well-located on the French-Dutch border, making it easy to get a taxi to anywhere on the island quickly (which the concierge always booked for us). A few extras that made the view and service that much better: the roasted chicken at the beach bar cafe; the watersports staff (30 min jet ski on open water was a delight even for a non-swimmer); evening turn-down service; L'Occitane bath products; gift of a 6" chocolate egg on Easter morning. This hotel far exceeded our expectations.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Bus. Traveler
We have stayed in many resorts but La Samanna may be the best.This was our 37 anniversary and so it was wonderful when we were upgraded on arrival to a beautiful suite overlooking the most beautiful beach. The staff was great. Turn down service was fantastic no matter how late we went for dinner.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Poor comfort for a high priced tiny room"
Beautiful property. Staff attentive Room Air conditioner loud . Alarms and noises all night. Mattress, sheets and pillows were awful. Hard bed, stratchy sheets and old flat small hard pillows. Overall a poor value for the overpriced rooms.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
For the room rate charged, the hotel staff, especially the male conceirge, should be much nicer.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Perfect location, fallen star"
Perfect location, fallen star
3 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
Aleksander
"Romantic, quaint, and best spot on the island!"
If you're looking for a quiet, romantic, beautiful high and boutique hotel then absolutely stay here! The Room was amazing and the hot tub at night was great to watch shooting stars! Beach was flawless and the staff catered to our every whim! The only down side I can say is be prepared to pay $7 for a coke and $9 a bottle for a coors light. Yup. The drinks were outrageously expensive and I would stay clear from the toom service but who cares when you're looking at that view!
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
meg
"NICE HOTEL"
VERY NICE VIEW AND VERY NICE HOTEL , very helpful staff
jack S
Great room, wonderful service. Food excellent but a bit pricey. Loved our stay.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Disappointing stay"
The hotel has an annual closure for maintenance during September and October. We stayed in the hotel the first week they reopened. that is a big mistake! Many of the rooms have issues that appear as guests check in. In our case, the hot water heater was broken and after spending a night in our room they moved us to another one. Then the second room had electrical issues (a breaker switch had been turned off) and they had to send someone to fix it. On top of it, we had a severe rain storm and the roads leading to the outside were flooded. One could not drive out of the hotel unless one hired a van. The staff was very helpful of course, but I recommend that people avoid the hotel for several weeks after the annual reopening, perhaps wait until the official end of hurricane season (November 30) to make sure all issues have been resolved and that you do not face the rain we had.
4 night romance trip Nov 5, 2014
Dennis
"Paradise"
I stayed on the Dutch side for 3 days at villas with a large group and decided to stay here by myself for 2 days. It was completely worth it. The views are the best I had seen on the entire island with calm waters, no seaweed, good snorkeling (better than creole rock) and excellent staff. You feel like a celebrity with the attentive service and the rooms are luxurious and on the beach. The food was mediocre, but everything else was superb. As someone who stays in a variety of upscale hotels for work, this blew me away and I highly recommend staying here. Treat yourself.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
MM
"A Great Stay"
Overall this was a very satisfying stay. The staff was friendly and the facilities were great. One or two small service glitches (50 minutes to wait for ice) didn't detract from a very nice experience. Our junior suite was virtually on the beach and was perfect for us. Room was large, spacious, bright and clean. The little kitchenette was a great part of the room and allowed us to have breakfast, snacks, drinks etc. in our room or the very nice patio.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Beautiful facility setting and beach"
About half the food and beverage staff were disinterested in doing their jobs, very slow, unattentive and aloof, while the other half were very friendly and accomodating. Food and beverages were pricey, but was to be expected. Food was very good, but certainly not exceptional. Office, room service and grounds keepers all friendly and accomodating. Would recommend to friends but alert them as to what to expect as to the shortcomings.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Craig
"Amazing hotel"
I highly recommend La Samanna to all. It is a mere 12 minute drive from the airport and on a private 2-mile beach which is spectacular. The staff couldn't be nicer and the views were breathtaking. The beach is serene and secluded. The water crystal clear and they have plenty of activities right off the beach. The drinks were a bit pricey. We ate at local restaurants so can't comment on the food. They supplied one outlet with a built in transformer which was great for charging devices. Free wifi in rooms and on the beach. Only negative was the bed was not the most comfortable and especially the pillows!!! I would definitely recommend they invest in some softer pillows! Overall, such a wonderful trip and I would go back in a heartbeat. Thank you to all the staff!
Other trip May 9, 2014
W
"Hotel Luxury"
Hotel was beautiful, the staff was helpful and courteous, and the room was excellent.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Beautiful, peaceful and comfortable"
La Samanna is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location . It's quiet and peaceful. Only heard the sound of the ocean in the daytime as well as the night. (meaning never even heard another guest shut a door ) The staff was Very respectful as well as other guests during our stay. The only downside for me was that our room was a bit small for me and it was expensive . I still enjoyed every minute of our stay and would return to La Samanna again in the future!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Theresa
"Such a special place!!!! Loved it"
Isabelle at the front desk was so great to work with! Any need she was so attentive to.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
josh
"Beautiful boutique hotel by the water"
Beautiful boutique hotel. Staff was friendly enough but did not necessarily go out of their way. Rooms were nice and clean, nice amenities. Pool area and attendants were great probably my fav part. Food was OK. Gorgeous views of the water. Even though its in St Martin, was expecting some Caribbean feel, food and general flavor to the place but resort is very french.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Excellent St Marteen Hotel"
La Samanna is not too arguably the nicest hotel in St Marteen. It's located in the "Beverly Hills" area of the island, just over the Dutch/French border. Convenient to the airport (just ~10 minute drive), La Samanna is nicely secluded. The hotel has its own secure beachfront. The room we stayed in (a deluxe ocean suite, second story) had an amazing view of the water and was also close by to the beach bar/restaurant. The grounds are also beautiful. Pros: Secluded, secure beach with clear, blue waters and fine white sand. Excellent snorkeling right on beach. Waters have plenty of fish and some nice rock formations. Hotel provides gear for free. Water sports (wave running, jet skiing, etc) also available. Excellent beach bar with plenty of food and drink choices. Accommodating, friendly staff all around - desk, bar, restaurant, housekeeping. Onsite fitness center, business center, spa. Beautiful, secure grounds.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Incredible service"
We arrived late because of airline problems and the staff was most accommodating in every way! We can't wait to go back.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
beth
La Samanna continues to excel and to exceed our expectations. We have been staying at La Samanna periodically for the past 15 years and have always returned very satisfied with all the hotel has to offer.
3 night romance trip Jul 4, 2013
Dennis
"I loved the hotel"
I loved everything the hotel is beautiful, the service is amazing, the food delicious... the view was what I loved the most... Great beaches!!! Friendly people.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
I loved this resort! We visited to celebrate my birthday and it was just wonderful. The staff was always friendly and over the course of our visit, we had our favorites - some of whom have been mentioned in other reviews. We visited in the "shoulder season" of mid-June which is not the busy/heavy tourist time although the hotel was still fairly full. Even with the number of guests onsite, we never felt as though we were on top of others - there was still a feeling of relative privacy. As other reviewers have mentioned, there wasn't a lot of variety in the dining options - especially for dinner - but everything on the menu was fabulous. We were never served anything that wasn't prepared very well - including our private dinner on the beach. My only disappointment was the breakfast - the buffet was the only option and it was rather expensive if you just wanted a small bite and a cup of coffee. I highly recommend Pablo for a bike tour (arranged by the hotel) and visiting Orient Beach's Bikini Beach. My only regret is that we ran out of time to do everything we wanted to do. I could easily see us going back - it was a really special place for a vacation.
4 night romance trip Jun 20, 2013
MM
"secluded luxury"
Secluded location, beautiful beach, manicured grounds, very well-appointed room, lovely staff. Hotel dining was sub-par, but only 10 minute ride to Marigot or 25 minutes to Grand Case for some of the best food in the Caribbean.
4 night romance trip Jun 13, 2013
"Good location, poor service"
La Samanna is located about 15 minutes from the airport directly on the beach. However, it is fairly remote from other destinations in St Martin and you'll want to rent a car to get around easily. We had trouble finding the hotel in our car as the staff at the rental car company and several other places we stopped had no idea where the hotel was. The hotel's web site does not currently supply driving directions from the airport, and they list a PO Box on their own web site. When we did arrive, the manager at the desk was shocked that we had so much trouble finding them. We should have looked for the small sign on the ground behind a tree and some garbage collection dumpsters indicating the turn. Unfortunately, the service disappointments at this gorgeous hotel and location continued time and again throughout our stay. We were forced to order room service after missing the beach bar on arrival by a couple of minutes. Dinner is only available until 9PM at the main dining room. We cancelled our reservation at Le Cave following this experience. To be clear, we did not expect this hotel to be cheap. However, when you are paying the room rates listed on this site and the costs on their bar and dining menus, you expect a certain level of service to convey. Unfortunately, you'll get much more hospitable service elsewhere on the island. Our concerns were raised to management during our stay, and were not addressed with even a passing concern.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
Tony
"A true FIVE Star Hotel"
Personifies excellence !
1 night family trip May 22, 2013
Stayed in La Samanna for 5 nights. Great hotel, excellent service, stuff very nice, great food. Will go there again.
Other trip May 25, 2013
yuliya
"The gem of the Caribbean"
Let me start out by saying that St Martin is an incredible island, the cuisine, cultures, and metropolitan feel of both sides of the island are unlike anywhere else. La Samanna is a true 5 star establishment by every possible measure. The hotel and it's ground are meticulously maintained and the food and service were both incredible. I've seen or stayed at various places around this island as well as other islands, and this place can't be beat!
3 night trip with friends May 3, 2013
Michael K
"Relaxing, peaceful classy place"
Relaxing, peaceful, classy, but very expensive! ($35 breakfast buffet)I was initially put off as we arrived. I booked this trip sight unseen through expedia and relied on others reviews to make my decision. I thought that the facility was in a beautiful location with the most beautiful beach I have ever seen, but felt that the room(wifi problems,lights not working, no turndown service our first night( and some outside areas(walk to beach big tube exposed and rock erosion made it a tricky walk from our suite to the beach) were in need of repair. As I settled in, the serene energy that surrounds this hotel, made these complaints seem insignificant. We hated to leave and will most definitely return.
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
"OUTSTANDING RESORT SUGGESTED BY EXPEDIA!!"
I have never been the type (NOT saying its right) to take the time to write testimonials or post reviews. However having lectured on customer service in my former career and based on my recent stay with my wife to the wonderful LaSamanna resort I have to take a minute to provide you with feedback. My wife and I have been fortunate (after many years of hard work) to have traveled all over the world and stay at some of the beautiful hotels/resorts. However I have to tell you that our recent stay at the LaSamanna has to rank in the top spot. Obviously it's in the most beautiful destination in the Caribbean and on the best beach in St. Martin but more and most importantly your people running this resort are second to none. Not sure how much world class training you are doing or what methods but whatever it is Don't stop. What a bunch of wonderful and professional people. Romel (@ the beach Bar) (Leo II - everywhere Ha! - Katlyn @ reception ) Emmanuel, Anis, and SO ON, I can't believe how everyone is so ready to drop everything they are doing to satisfy your guests every need. Well, I could go on but I have to run. One thing for sure. We will be back and be bringing friends and family to experience the LaSamanna!
Other trip Mar 3, 2013
"Great hotel; food and service disappointing"
The room and beach at La Samanna were outstanding. Unfortunately the restaurant was extremely disappointing - the food was mediocre at best, the prices were very high and the service was poor. La Samanna is not an inexpensive place to stay. I booked it because I wanted a first class experience and was prepared to pay for it. My advice to La Samanna: if you want to attract first class customers and charge first class prices, get your act together and upgrade your restaurant and staff training. At these prices, customers don't expect to be compromise or be disappointed in any way. On the bright side, we found many good off-resort restaurants and did have a very enjoyable trip to St. Martin.
Other trip Feb 2, 2013
It was great. The cabs were a little expensive. The hotel concierge could have been more helpful with restaurant recommendations and they might have had menus to look at (but didn't). The location is great and it's a beautiful spot. Service good overall and people naturally friendly. I would go there again ...
3 night trip Jan 9, 2013

"First time at LaSamanna-loved it-would recommend"
First time at this resort. One of the best on the island. Great location, extremely friendly and helpful staff, resort is kept up to a 5 star, therefore no chance of being disappointed when you book a 5 star and stay at LaSamanna.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Wonderful hotel, wonderful location."
My partner and I went to the hotel to celebrate our anniversary weekend. The hotel itself is in a stunning location with the most amazing views, by far one of the most beautiful parts of the island. Everything in the hotel was 5 star quality. The only complaint I would make is the staff in the beach bar which we used for lunch on 2 occasions. I am in service myself and therefore when paying that much for a 5 star accommodation my expectations are high. I was disappointed with the food and service at the beach restaurant and feel a little bit more training of the staff wouldn't go amiss. I also treated my partner to a private Caligula dinner. The setting was phenomanal and the waiter we had was excellent, the only qualm was the food. Paying that much for a dinner I expected the food to be amazing. The platters were shockingly huge and very wow factor, however all were cold and not really the quality i would expect. In my opinion they should make the platters much smaller but better quality, or serve food to order that way it could be completely fresh. All in all the hotel was wonderful and i would definitely love to go back, there are just a few little issues they need to brush up on and they would be 100% 5 star.
Other trip Feb 12, 2013

"Alt var helt topp"
Utmerket, man kan ikke ha det bedre!
4 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Personale gentile e professionale."
Benissimo anche grazie all'amabile ed efficiente accoglienza da parte dei concierge.Spero di tornare al più presto
6 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Simonetta
IT
"Hotel La Samanna"
Melhor hotel para se hospedar em St. Maarten. Bem localizado, com a melhor praia e com excelente atendimento.
5 night romance trip Jul 4, 2013
Fernando
BR
Um dos melhores hoteis do lado Frances da Ilha. Bom atendimento,limpeza e o hotel está conservado.
4 night romance trip May 26, 2013
BR
"Hotel da sogno"
Struttura in posizione strepitosa personale efficiente ristorante un po caro e hotel un po isolato privo di transfer
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Nicola
IT
5 night romance trip Jun 22, 2014
1 night romance trip May 12, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Belmond La Samanna

"Scenic and chic Caribbean getaway"
08/30/15 Maxim Z
Belmond la Samanna truly encapsulates the luxury feeling that only the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean can offer. With the rooms tastefully decorated and the staff on hand to assist, the Belmond La Samanna offers service like no other. Whether you want to laze by the pool, sample the local culture or enjoy the water sports all can be arranged. The highlight had to be both wine tasting and dinner in La Cave, a private capsule surrounded by wonderful wine. Would recommend for both families, friends and couples alike who are looking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
"The most amazing resort in St Maarten has only gotten better."
08/26/15 Louis R New York City, New York
I have been to the resort many times only to find on my latest trip that they have come under new management of the Belmond group. I had the pleasure to meet Sebastien Tailpied the new Deputy Manager who is coordinating a magnificent transformation of balancing the old guard with new efforts to enhance the guest experience. The restaurant is a culinary persons pleasure with the addition of new head chief Serge Gouloumes. The beach bar remains one of the chic but comfortable spots for lunch or a drink under the watchful eye of Romel whose efforts to fulfill every guests requests is unending.The natural setting of the resort and beach is the nicest on the island. The staff is attentive with a new sense of enthusiasm. The management has been even sensitive to it's long time "little inhabitants" the cats that call the resort home, similar to Hemingway House. They have taken on a animal care program so needed on many Caribbean Islands which only adds to the integrity and high standards of this alluring resort. It is without hesitation as a long time visitor that I would recommend this magical resort.
"M teitelbaum"
08/25/15 moisht Montreal, Canada
As a follow up to the very negative but true evaluation of our stay at this resort, I omitted to mention that in spite of our disappointments the management headed by M Schoenwagen were up front and did their best to comfort us when we decided to cut short our vacation and leave one week ahead of time. Their comportment was definitely 5 stars even if their resort was not!!!
"Romantic, Relaxing, Elegant & So Much More!!"
08/22/15 ParisRomeLondon65 Chicago, Illinois
If you are looking for a wonderful getaway to spoil yourself with the utmost of luxury, then here you go! Be it alone or with a significant other, you will want to return again & again.~ The staff is lovely, kind & helpful from the moment you check in until the moment you leave! Car rentals are available here too! Rooms are big & beds are very comfortable!!! Elegant, Breezy & Romantic! The restaurant .....5 Stars! Great selection of Wine & Champagne. (I might add that they even make a fantastic Burger!!) There is a Spa on site! Nice beach with pool as well!
"They deserve every single star."
08/21/15 Fabien A
They have the perfect location, the perfect setting, incredible views and immaculate accommodations. Our room had a balcony and a private solarium and we were able to walk out onto the beach. The staff is very attentive and responsive to your every need. Food quality, selection and presentation are excellent, breakfast is particularly great. If the welcome drink. If that doesn't relax you and put you in a vacation mood then nothing will.
"Nice but pricey"
08/19/15 Breeze08 Dubai
Very nice and helpful staff, cannot fault the service or the rooms. Good food in the pool area but HEFTY prices ! We have not tried other hotel restaurants because we preferred to try restaurants in the area, they were good and a LOT cheaper as you can imagine. Location is amazing but quite a rocky beach. A car is a must if you want to see other places.
"Exquisite view, service sometimes lackadaisical, and food exorbitant"
08/12/15 travelsonitsstomach Washington, DC
The best thing about this property is the property: it has a gorgeous view. It is lovely to just look out at the beautiful Caribbean blue ocean, scintillating in the sun. The service runs from excellent to lackadaisical: the service at Anse Chastanet in St Lucia and Roundhill in Jamaica is world's apart. The food is very very expensive: 35 dollars for a soup dinner appetizer, and entrees are around 50 a piece. The cooking is uneven, and a number of our dinner dishes were simply overcooked. Breakfast was decent: good croissant, a selection of fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, omelets made to order. It's 35 dollars per person. The water is crystal clear: but few fish make for not terrific snorkeling. The beach is about 8-10 feet above the water, and so it can be tiring to walk on, but the views are divine. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, and the beds are comfortable. The rooms are very quiet. There could be more beach loungers: we were here in low season, and most of them were occupied. All in all, not sure we will return. I think next time we want a Caribbean resort, we'll go for Jade Mountain in Saint Lucia. That's a bit more, but the service is impeccable.
"Amazing place, need a four and a half star option for this review"
08/12/15 87LSC Long Island, New York
The short version is this is a great place. This property is magnificent, The views are stunning, the Beach is great, and the staff very friendly and eager to please. Long version. Travelled with my wife for a romantic vacation. The resort is very unique in that there were a lot of couples and a lot of families but we never felt that the families impacted the serene environment in any way at all. This resort transports the Mediterranean to the Caribbean. Guests can choose to relax at the two main pools or on the private beach which is literally right behind (just steps from) the guest rooms. There is really a fantastic feeling of tranquility. I would really give this resort 4.5 stars. Our room and bathroom was very comfortable, relaxing and updated. The deficiencies were very minor but thats the difference between perfection and not. The Spa is really not a spa its a treatment room and the treatment was certainly o.k. but it does not have the same "spa type" environment or facilities that you would get at a Ritz, St Regis,etc... Anytime we had a request at the room it was responded to promptly, but the system for service at the beach was spotty. Guests put a flag on the beach when they want service and somebody comes to set up your chairs and take your order. We found that sometimes they came quickly but other times it was slow. (I reiterate that every staff member we dealt with during our stay was outstanding) Another small negative was spotty internet service at the room the first time we had a problem somebody came to fix it right away after that we didn't call again because we didn't want to be busy with it. Just a few more observations. There are a lot of Europeans mostly French at the resort and they have not gotten the memo that smoking went out of fashion in 1986. While our room was smoke free when we sat out on our terrace we could smell (but not see) three of our neighbors smoking. If your planning on going around the island rent a car. La Samanna has free parking and navigating around the island is very simple. Though we did't take advantage of it the resort offers all sorts of fantastic water sports. Hotel is about 10-15 min from the airport but we felt like we were hours away.
"Romantic Spot"
08/09/15 Inessa G Glen Cove, New York
We stayed 4 days after the wedding on St Barth's and had most comfortable nights and relaxing time at the beach. Hotel is the great place for vacations - we enjoyed everything: the beautiful gardens, gourmet meals, complimentary yoga... Our suite had nicest shower and cozy rooms. The stuff was extremely nice and helpful
"Tennis and Beach Cruise stopover"
07/31/15 krob001 Leesburg, Virginia
We had a chance this New Years to take advantage of a cruise stop in St Marten to revisit La Samanna and PBI Tennis. The new director was Angel Gyorgievski and he went out of his way to make or stay worthwhile and enjoyable. It a little out of the way from the cruise port but we were able to find a cab and it probably too less than 40 minutes. The resort itself is beautiful, it has a very old world Mediterranean feel to it. The Island can very get hot but the property has some nice shade and mature trees, and the beach is magnificent. We didn’t eat there this time, but we have previously and the food was very good, the restaurant overlooks the pool and beach, and its 360 degree postcard views. The place definitely has a French feel and even makes the beach seem a little more formal , but the service was clearly high end. Angel did a great job with the lessons and drills and he looked after all the details of getting on to the property, welcoming us on arrival, and accessing the beach facilities afterwards to cool off. This was very helpful because while the resort was welcoming I don’t get the feeling they get a lot of day visitors. We were a little stressed because we weren’t 100% sure of our timeline. Bt Angel helped us relax and we wish we had allowed more time to stay after our lesson.