All hotels in Les Terres Basses, St. Martin
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereBaie Longue Bp 4077, Les Terres Basses, 97064, St. Martin, ‏‎800-491-6126

For the room rate charged, the hotel staff, especially the male conceirge, should be much nicer.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Perfect location, fallen star"
Perfect location, fallen star
3 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
Aleksander
"Romantic, quaint, and best spot on the island!"
If you're looking for a quiet, romantic, beautiful high and boutique hotel then absolutely stay here! The Room was amazing and the hot tub at night was great to watch shooting stars! Beach was flawless and the staff catered to our every whim! The only down side I can say is be prepared to pay $7 for a coke and $9 a bottle for a coors light. Yup. The drinks were outrageously expensive and I would stay clear from the toom service but who cares when you're looking at that view!
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
meg
"NICE HOTEL"
VERY NICE VIEW AND VERY NICE HOTEL , very helpful staff
jack S
Great room, wonderful service. Food excellent but a bit pricey. Loved our stay.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Disappointing stay"
The hotel has an annual closure for maintenance during September and October. We stayed in the hotel the first week they reopened. that is a big mistake! Many of the rooms have issues that appear as guests check in. In our case, the hot water heater was broken and after spending a night in our room they moved us to another one. Then the second room had electrical issues (a breaker switch had been turned off) and they had to send someone to fix it. On top of it, we had a severe rain storm and the roads leading to the outside were flooded. One could not drive out of the hotel unless one hired a van. The staff was very helpful of course, but I recommend that people avoid the hotel for several weeks after the annual reopening, perhaps wait until the official end of hurricane season (November 30) to make sure all issues have been resolved and that you do not face the rain we had.
4 night romance trip Nov 5, 2014
Dennis
"Paradise"
I stayed on the Dutch side for 3 days at villas with a large group and decided to stay here by myself for 2 days. It was completely worth it. The views are the best I had seen on the entire island with calm waters, no seaweed, good snorkeling (better than creole rock) and excellent staff. You feel like a celebrity with the attentive service and the rooms are luxurious and on the beach. The food was mediocre, but everything else was superb. As someone who stays in a variety of upscale hotels for work, this blew me away and I highly recommend staying here. Treat yourself.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
MM
"A Great Stay"
Overall this was a very satisfying stay. The staff was friendly and the facilities were great. One or two small service glitches (50 minutes to wait for ice) didn't detract from a very nice experience. Our junior suite was virtually on the beach and was perfect for us. Room was large, spacious, bright and clean. The little kitchenette was a great part of the room and allowed us to have breakfast, snacks, drinks etc. in our room or the very nice patio.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Beautiful facility setting and beach"
About half the food and beverage staff were disinterested in doing their jobs, very slow, unattentive and aloof, while the other half were very friendly and accomodating. Food and beverages were pricey, but was to be expected. Food was very good, but certainly not exceptional. Office, room service and grounds keepers all friendly and accomodating. Would recommend to friends but alert them as to what to expect as to the shortcomings.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Craig
"Amazing hotel"
I highly recommend La Samanna to all. It is a mere 12 minute drive from the airport and on a private 2-mile beach which is spectacular. The staff couldn't be nicer and the views were breathtaking. The beach is serene and secluded. The water crystal clear and they have plenty of activities right off the beach. The drinks were a bit pricey. We ate at local restaurants so can't comment on the food. They supplied one outlet with a built in transformer which was great for charging devices. Free wifi in rooms and on the beach. Only negative was the bed was not the most comfortable and especially the pillows!!! I would definitely recommend they invest in some softer pillows! Overall, such a wonderful trip and I would go back in a heartbeat. Thank you to all the staff!
Other trip May 9, 2014
W
"Hotel Luxury"
Hotel was beautiful, the staff was helpful and courteous, and the room was excellent.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Beautiful, peaceful and comfortable"
La Samanna is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location . It's quiet and peaceful. Only heard the sound of the ocean in the daytime as well as the night. (meaning never even heard another guest shut a door ) The staff was Very respectful as well as other guests during our stay. The only downside for me was that our room was a bit small for me and it was expensive . I still enjoyed every minute of our stay and would return to La Samanna again in the future!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Theresa
"Such a special place!!!! Loved it"
Isabelle at the front desk was so great to work with! Any need she was so attentive to.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
josh
"Beautiful boutique hotel by the water"
Beautiful boutique hotel. Staff was friendly enough but did not necessarily go out of their way. Rooms were nice and clean, nice amenities. Pool area and attendants were great probably my fav part. Food was OK. Gorgeous views of the water. Even though its in St Martin, was expecting some Caribbean feel, food and general flavor to the place but resort is very french.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Excellent St Marteen Hotel"
La Samanna is not too arguably the nicest hotel in St Marteen. It's located in the "Beverly Hills" area of the island, just over the Dutch/French border. Convenient to the airport (just ~10 minute drive), La Samanna is nicely secluded. The hotel has its own secure beachfront. The room we stayed in (a deluxe ocean suite, second story) had an amazing view of the water and was also close by to the beach bar/restaurant. The grounds are also beautiful. Pros: Secluded, secure beach with clear, blue waters and fine white sand. Excellent snorkeling right on beach. Waters have plenty of fish and some nice rock formations. Hotel provides gear for free. Water sports (wave running, jet skiing, etc) also available. Excellent beach bar with plenty of food and drink choices. Accommodating, friendly staff all around - desk, bar, restaurant, housekeeping. Onsite fitness center, business center, spa. Beautiful, secure grounds.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Incredible service"
We arrived late because of airline problems and the staff was most accommodating in every way! We can't wait to go back.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
beth
La Samanna continues to excel and to exceed our expectations. We have been staying at La Samanna periodically for the past 15 years and have always returned very satisfied with all the hotel has to offer.
3 night romance trip Jul 4, 2013
Dennis
"I loved the hotel"
I loved everything the hotel is beautiful, the service is amazing, the food delicious... the view was what I loved the most... Great beaches!!! Friendly people.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
I loved this resort! We visited to celebrate my birthday and it was just wonderful. The staff was always friendly and over the course of our visit, we had our favorites - some of whom have been mentioned in other reviews. We visited in the "shoulder season" of mid-June which is not the busy/heavy tourist time although the hotel was still fairly full. Even with the number of guests onsite, we never felt as though we were on top of others - there was still a feeling of relative privacy. As other reviewers have mentioned, there wasn't a lot of variety in the dining options - especially for dinner - but everything on the menu was fabulous. We were never served anything that wasn't prepared very well - including our private dinner on the beach. My only disappointment was the breakfast - the buffet was the only option and it was rather expensive if you just wanted a small bite and a cup of coffee. I highly recommend Pablo for a bike tour (arranged by the hotel) and visiting Orient Beach's Bikini Beach. My only regret is that we ran out of time to do everything we wanted to do. I could easily see us going back - it was a really special place for a vacation.
4 night romance trip Jun 20, 2013
MM
"secluded luxury"
Secluded location, beautiful beach, manicured grounds, very well-appointed room, lovely staff. Hotel dining was sub-par, but only 10 minute ride to Marigot or 25 minutes to Grand Case for some of the best food in the Caribbean.
4 night romance trip Jun 13, 2013
"Good location, poor service"
La Samanna is located about 15 minutes from the airport directly on the beach. However, it is fairly remote from other destinations in St Martin and you'll want to rent a car to get around easily. We had trouble finding the hotel in our car as the staff at the rental car company and several other places we stopped had no idea where the hotel was. The hotel's web site does not currently supply driving directions from the airport, and they list a PO Box on their own web site. When we did arrive, the manager at the desk was shocked that we had so much trouble finding them. We should have looked for the small sign on the ground behind a tree and some garbage collection dumpsters indicating the turn. Unfortunately, the service disappointments at this gorgeous hotel and location continued time and again throughout our stay. We were forced to order room service after missing the beach bar on arrival by a couple of minutes. Dinner is only available until 9PM at the main dining room. We cancelled our reservation at Le Cave following this experience. To be clear, we did not expect this hotel to be cheap. However, when you are paying the room rates listed on this site and the costs on their bar and dining menus, you expect a certain level of service to convey. Unfortunately, you'll get much more hospitable service elsewhere on the island. Our concerns were raised to management during our stay, and were not addressed with even a passing concern.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
Tony
"A true FIVE Star Hotel"
Personifies excellence !
1 night family trip May 22, 2013
Stayed in La Samanna for 5 nights. Great hotel, excellent service, stuff very nice, great food. Will go there again.
Other trip May 25, 2013
yuliya
"The gem of the Caribbean"
Let me start out by saying that St Martin is an incredible island, the cuisine, cultures, and metropolitan feel of both sides of the island are unlike anywhere else. La Samanna is a true 5 star establishment by every possible measure. The hotel and it's ground are meticulously maintained and the food and service were both incredible. I've seen or stayed at various places around this island as well as other islands, and this place can't be beat!
3 night trip with friends May 3, 2013
Michael K
"Relaxing, peaceful classy place"
Relaxing, peaceful, classy, but very expensive! ($35 breakfast buffet)I was initially put off as we arrived. I booked this trip sight unseen through expedia and relied on others reviews to make my decision. I thought that the facility was in a beautiful location with the most beautiful beach I have ever seen, but felt that the room(wifi problems,lights not working, no turndown service our first night( and some outside areas(walk to beach big tube exposed and rock erosion made it a tricky walk from our suite to the beach) were in need of repair. As I settled in, the serene energy that surrounds this hotel, made these complaints seem insignificant. We hated to leave and will most definitely return.
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
"OUTSTANDING RESORT SUGGESTED BY EXPEDIA!!"
I have never been the type (NOT saying its right) to take the time to write testimonials or post reviews. However having lectured on customer service in my former career and based on my recent stay with my wife to the wonderful LaSamanna resort I have to take a minute to provide you with feedback. My wife and I have been fortunate (after many years of hard work) to have traveled all over the world and stay at some of the beautiful hotels/resorts. However I have to tell you that our recent stay at the LaSamanna has to rank in the top spot. Obviously it's in the most beautiful destination in the Caribbean and on the best beach in St. Martin but more and most importantly your people running this resort are second to none. Not sure how much world class training you are doing or what methods but whatever it is Don't stop. What a bunch of wonderful and professional people. Romel (@ the beach Bar) (Leo II - everywhere Ha! - Katlyn @ reception ) Emmanuel, Anis, and SO ON, I can't believe how everyone is so ready to drop everything they are doing to satisfy your guests every need. Well, I could go on but I have to run. One thing for sure. We will be back and be bringing friends and family to experience the LaSamanna!
Other trip Mar 3, 2013
"Great hotel; food and service disappointing"
The room and beach at La Samanna were outstanding. Unfortunately the restaurant was extremely disappointing - the food was mediocre at best, the prices were very high and the service was poor. La Samanna is not an inexpensive place to stay. I booked it because I wanted a first class experience and was prepared to pay for it. My advice to La Samanna: if you want to attract first class customers and charge first class prices, get your act together and upgrade your restaurant and staff training. At these prices, customers don't expect to be compromise or be disappointed in any way. On the bright side, we found many good off-resort restaurants and did have a very enjoyable trip to St. Martin.
Other trip Feb 2, 2013
It was great. The cabs were a little expensive. The hotel concierge could have been more helpful with restaurant recommendations and they might have had menus to look at (but didn't). The location is great and it's a beautiful spot. Service good overall and people naturally friendly. I would go there again ...
3 night trip Jan 9, 2013
"Nice romantic getaway"
My wife and I stayed at the hotel for an extra long weekend, during our visit to St. Martin. Fabulous service and a great hotel. It is in a quiet section of the island, but not too far from centers of fun and restaurants. I highly recommend the hotel.
Other trip Aug 8, 2012
Ken
The only complaint I have is that we selected a king bed but got two twin beds instead.
Other trip Jun 23, 2012
JG
"Paradise"
Excelent hotel at the best beach of the Island.
Romance trip May 31, 2012
Anelise
"La Samanna... paradise in St-mArtin"
I have stayed in many different resorts (well over 10 in the Caribbeans) and I can say, without hesitation, that La Samanna is one of the best resort out there! The service was superb; the staff is extremely attentive! I stopped by every day to ask for help from the concierge (thanks Roberta!), and every time I was received with a smile. Courteous, friendly, helpful, are only a few words that described my experience! The restaurant and the selection was excellent. I met the chef while entering the restaurant and he offered to prepare any thing I would like! I was craving steak that night and he prepared it with a piece of "foie gras"... simply excellent! The beach staff was always very attentive! Food service was surprisely quick... The staff made sure that we had everything we needed to be comfortable... beach towels, cold water was always available and quickly delivered... Overall, a fabulous stay.... I strongly recommend this resort
Other trip May 30, 2012
Roger
"Outstanding!"
The hotel is placed in the best beach of the island.The view is breathtaking. It is a real paradise. The staff is very friendly. Special appreciation to Isabel (front desk) and Muriel (concierge) who makes the difference..
Other trip Apr 30, 2012
JN.

"First time at LaSamanna-loved it-would recommend"
First time at this resort. One of the best on the island. Great location, extremely friendly and helpful staff, resort is kept up to a 5 star, therefore no chance of being disappointed when you book a 5 star and stay at LaSamanna.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Wonderful hotel, wonderful location."
My partner and I went to the hotel to celebrate our anniversary weekend. The hotel itself is in a stunning location with the most amazing views, by far one of the most beautiful parts of the island. Everything in the hotel was 5 star quality. The only complaint I would make is the staff in the beach bar which we used for lunch on 2 occasions. I am in service myself and therefore when paying that much for a 5 star accommodation my expectations are high. I was disappointed with the food and service at the beach restaurant and feel a little bit more training of the staff wouldn't go amiss. I also treated my partner to a private Caligula dinner. The setting was phenomanal and the waiter we had was excellent, the only qualm was the food. Paying that much for a dinner I expected the food to be amazing. The platters were shockingly huge and very wow factor, however all were cold and not really the quality i would expect. In my opinion they should make the platters much smaller but better quality, or serve food to order that way it could be completely fresh. All in all the hotel was wonderful and i would definitely love to go back, there are just a few little issues they need to brush up on and they would be 100% 5 star.
Other trip Feb 12, 2013

"Alt var helt topp"
Utmerket, man kan ikke ha det bedre!
4 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Personale gentile e professionale."
Benissimo anche grazie all'amabile ed efficiente accoglienza da parte dei concierge.Spero di tornare al più presto
6 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Simonetta
IT
"Hotel La Samanna"
Melhor hotel para se hospedar em St. Maarten. Bem localizado, com a melhor praia e com excelente atendimento.
5 night romance trip Jul 4, 2013
Fernando
BR
Um dos melhores hoteis do lado Frances da Ilha. Bom atendimento,limpeza e o hotel está conservado.
4 night romance trip May 26, 2013
BR
"Hotel da sogno"
Struttura in posizione strepitosa personale efficiente ristorante un po caro e hotel un po isolato privo di transfer
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Nicola
IT
Hôtel vieillissant très mal .Des réparations non faites ou mal faites.On sent que les propriétaires tirent le maximum de rentabilité .L'ensemble est d'un style dépasse ,il,serait grand temps de procéder a un relooking complet. Par ailleurs le servicel laisse a désirer trop ,nonchaland ,peu efficace avec des moments d'autorites mal place .Bref,plus du tout a la hauteur des prix pratiques
Romance trip May 5, 2012
Didier
FR
5 night romance trip Jun 22, 2014
1 night romance trip May 12, 2013
Other trip May 12, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Belmond La Samanna

"Beautiful Resort. Hit or Miss Service."
04/24/15 MrJavadog Atlanta, Georgia
The location and condition of the rooms and overall resort was excellent. The beach and grounds were beautiful. Sometimes service was excellent and sometimes below standards. Overall I would recommend this resort but visitors should come prepared to be patient with the lack of consistency in service. It's not too different from visiting the Caribbean in general.
"Good resort, bad food "
04/21/15 Lillyshopper
We stayed at La Semanna for a short trip in February. The resort is a relatively quick ride from the airport which is convenient. We were checked in promptly, and escorted to our room. The room was located in the main building which was favorable for the majority of things we did, however, a drawback is that they do not have an elevator. We were on the fourth floor, and in turn, the trip back and forth to the room became tiresome. The room was average sized, but the bathroom was quite large although it was a little worn. Several people we were traveling with had beautiful rooms that were completely revamped, so maybe our building was next on the list for a redo. The view from the room was phenomenal. Not only is the beach pristine, but another plus is that you don't look out to see multiple other resorts along the beach. Also, there are no locals harassing you to braid your hair or buy a t-shirt on the beach. The staff was welcoming and friendly, especially Jean at the main bar. I am a Starbucks addict, and he did his best to improvise with his espresso machine every morning. The iced coffee was the best nourishment that the resort had to offer. Everything else we ate while on the property was sub-par at best. We had what was supposed to be a gourmet dinner as a group one night, and the meal left much to be desired. Luckily we made the choice to explore several local places, so we didn't have to endure as many disappointing meals as others we were traveling with. Overall, the resort is great, but I would definitely recommend doing a little exploring to find the delicious food that is available other places around the island.
"Luxury to the max"
04/21/15 staceymsmith Montreal, Canada
This past weekend I traveled to St Maarten with my family to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday. We had originally chosen another hotel-resort that shall go unnamed as it was a HUGE MISTAKE. Upon our arrival we quickly knew it wasn't for us and so we hurried to make other arrangements. I remembered hearing about La Samanna from a friend and immediately called to see if they could accommodate us last minute. Not only were they able to, they put us in one of the best rooms on the property - a one bedroom suite overlooking the ocean, steps to the beach and pools, with our own private terrace. We walked in and teared up at the sight. Every single detail from the luxurious extra king-sized bed, to the deep soak tub, to the incredible turquoise view of the Caribbean was unbelievable. The entire staff went to great lengths to make our stay unforgettable. Isabel in guest services deserves a huge shout out as she was nothing short of amazing. The pool and beach staff were equally attentive, setting us up each day with towels, umbrellas, sparkling water and drinks. The entire experience was exactly what we pictured and just what my mother deserved for an important milestone birthday. We will most certainly be back and will also be checking out the other Belmond Properties - our standards have been raised!
"Fantastic long weekend 25th Anniversary"
04/20/15 John S St. Martin
La Samanna was fantastic from the moment we set foot on the property greeting us with the sparkling water & delicious West Indies Rum Punch! The concierge and staff were fantastic, catering to our every need with such wonderful dispositions. The beach, water and ambience were spectacular. Loved also the wine cave, the restaurants, the flowers. Private snorkeling trip was terrific with tour of the port area. So easy to get to from NYC and 10 minutes from the airport. Spa was over the top -- wonderful massage and beautiful, tranquil setting. Lovely flowers throughout property and gorgeous room with living room, small kitchen, and porch right on the beach. Loved it!
"Not worth the money"
04/12/15 Traveler1919_19_19 New York City, New York
Touted as a superb resort, this one was not worth our money. Typical mediocre Caribbean customer service. Overpriced food, lack of luxury and upscale attention to detail. Non existent pool attendants, burger joint bar food available during the day, room with no closets, breakfast buffet without egg station, unhappy staff with no understanding of high end service always with faces buried in their computers at the desk, recommending only outside restaurants if they are getting commission. The beach had very high waves we couldn't swim at all. The spa was not high end, needs to be updated. Sweet owner who does nail services herself.
"great property poor food!!"
04/10/15 Kathy S Florham Park, New Jersey
We went during Easter Break: The property was beautiful! The beach chairs need to be upgraded but the service was excellent from the front desk, concierge and on the beach. Water sports were a lot of fun! Some guests were a bit stuck up (French and German) but we sang the Star Spangled Banner and they got the message.The only thing that was disappointing were the dining prices on property. They just hired a new chef and the food was poor at best. The portions were a joke and so were the prices. Dinner for four (2 adults/2 Teens) 4 Apps, 4 Entrees, 2 house wines totaled $567. I had to laugh! You can find superb restaurants off property for 1/3 the price.
"Luxury"
04/08/15 Weglarz Oakland, California
Stayed in a villa by the pool while most of my family stayed in one of the 4 bedroom villas on the hill. This was a luxurious, isolated get away. Fantastic white sand beach. The food is okay; nothing fantastic but it's pretty good. The service was impeccable. I'll fill in details later or ask me a question.
"Fantastic Hotel!"
04/06/15 Georgia F Brookfield
I wanted an exclusive, upscale, private hotel on the beach that would provide plenty of water sports with an incredible beach and be (for the most part) kid-free. I got that at Belmond La Samanna. Had a wonderful room in the arrival building with spectacular views of the beach. Breathtaking! I've been to countless islands in the Caribbean over the years, but this was the BEST BEACH ever! Crystal clear water, super soft sand bottom free of rocks and other debris, and water was refreshing (not too warm or cold). I definitely plan to return! Expensive - but worth it. Fantastic continental breakfast, but wish they had a more casual eatery at night. It's either super fancy/expensive in Trellis, tapas in the lobby bar, or room service.
"Beautiful Beach Hotel, Not so Much The Service"
03/28/15 organic007 New York City, New York
Even when intentions are good, the lack of training from management is obvious. Will not get into the particulars because there were many and each time they tried to remedy it, but the point is there shouldn't be so many little problems. The beach is where my husband and I spent the whole day and it is so beautiful that we left 70% satisfied by our overall experience.
"Great hotel and amazing service!"
03/25/15 patphebo1 St Maarten-St Martin
I love my week at La Samanna. The location and staff are wonderful, the beach is amazing. I love my Pilates sessions as well! Perfect option for a nice retreat week! I will definitely get back. this is definitely the hotel to stay if you go to the Island.