All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here700 Fifth Avenue at 55th street, New York, NY, 10019, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.8
    4.8
    4.9
"NICE!!! Perfect location, friendly staff,"
LOVED THE STAFF and LOCATION. It was the best hotel I have ever stayed in
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
"We got a discount rate and a cheap broken room"
We were so excited to stay at the Peninsula for a nice romantic weekend when we saw an amazing rate. However we got a room that appeared as if nobody had been in it in years. Rusty water ran out of the tub, the room was freezing cold, the toilet was broken, the bed was hard and there wasn't even a top sheet on the bed! We felt like we had to take care of calling maintenance before we could even relax. This isn't what we expected. We enjoyed the restaurants and the roof top bar however we felt very slighted that we were obviously given a 2nd class room.
2 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"Jewel From the Orient Still Sparkles in NYC"
My wife and I stayed here just after our wedding in 1993 and this fine hotel has lost none of its luster. From outstanding service to charming Christmas decorations to exquisite room service this hotel has it all. I would also make a point of scaling the last two flights of stairs from the Spa to peek at the rooftop enclosed pool which remains enchanting. My only slight criticism would be the electronic lighting system in the rooms which are confusing and now somewhat dated. Still this is first class all the way.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
KPH
"Outstanding memory"
We have stayed in all of the big name hotels in NYC. This is by far the best experience that I have enjoyed over the years. The staff was engaging and are best at what they do....We are going back next Christmas !
2 night trip Dec 20, 2013
Robert Sears
"Holiday visit"
Excellent location; staff dedicated to the highest levels of service; beautifully decorated at Christmas
3 night trip Dec 12, 2013
Brent D.
Outstanding service and quality!
2 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2013
"Beautiful hotel in a great location"
The hotel service was fantastic. Was disappointed with the first room given, and the hotel quickly accommodated a room change. Room is very pretty. However, it is winter and the room was very very hot - we had limited ability to adjust the temperature. Made sleeping difficult.
4 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2013
Kirk
"Good Location"
An excellent hotel in the right location in New York. I enjoyed my stay the service by staff and the fact that they went out of their way to meet customer expectations. I will definitely come back and also recommend the hotel to all my friends.
Response by The Peninsula New York
Dear Isaac, Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay. At The Peninsula, it is the personal relationships we establish with our guests that we value most, so if there is anything my team or I can do to enhance your next stay, please do not hesitate to let us know. We look forward to welcoming you as well as your friends to the hotel in the near future. Kind regards, Jonathan H. Crook General Manager
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Isaac
"Last minute booking"
We had an "emergency stay" when another hotel arrangement fell through. It was a relief and they got us checked in quickly. The bar was pleasant and we had a great dinner at the hotel with our son who drove up from college. Peninsula is my new favorite.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
MM
"awesome place to stay"
nice room. We enjoyed the rooftop bar and breakfast
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
rich
"Excellent visit."
We enjoyed a wonderful visit to NYC with accomodations at the Peninsula. Highlights of the visit were a culinary experience for our 14 year-old daughter through the Penisula Academy where she worked with the pastry chef to bake cookies, a wonderful breakfast , and an amazing staff. Special thanks to Justin at the concierge's desk for his helpful advice.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
KP
"Classy Hotel with Great Value for Money"
Located conveniently in the heart of the posh Fifth Avenue, The Peninsula offers outstanding amenities at great value. First, spacious rooms especially in a locality where space is at a premium. Clean and crisply appointed. Classy linen and furniture. Convenient and intuitive electronic lighting system. Unobtrusive and clear screen plasma TV. Very comfortable bed. Roomy closet with all the amenities you need. Marble bathrooms with the best of accessories. Excellent, thoughtful and unobtrusive housekeeping. Quick and sufficient replacements of supplies. Classy Gotham bar with very well trained staff. They all make you feel at home and wanted. Exceptional attention to detail and genuinely warm and friendly approach. If you have any special requests, they run an extra mile to take care of your needs whatever they may be. The Bell Captain, the Concierge and the Reservations staff coordinate their communications so well that your needs are thoughtfully addressed. They can always get you a cab any time of the day or night - very resourceful and street smart. Great food choices at the restaurant. Not cheap but if you are willing to pay for the good quality, ambience and service not a bad bet. You have a great choice of very good restaurants and delis close by as well. Overall great value for money!
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Ram
"One of the BEST hotel in the World!"
I have stayed at the Peninsula Tokyo for more than 3 times, and decided to stay at the New York one. It was as excellent as the one in Tokyo. I would definitely stay there again and again.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
"great hotel location"
great hotel location , right on 5th avenue shopping, walking distance to central park & broadway. would recommend del fresco's steak house, great food, pricy but worth every penny, also recommend solera for spanish tapas .
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Fernie
"anniversary stay"
The staff was cordial and pretty and handson=me. The luxury was very high wuality. the location to all of our travels was almost perfect. The workout spa was just right and the room was very. The bed was perfect to fall into every night and the roof top bar was so much fun. I couldn't believe how nice all of the New Yorkers were.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Excelllent is the Word"
the staff was outstanding, very helpful and guiding, very comfortable, outstanding location, i am fan of Armani and walk outta the hotel there is the Armani showroom on the 5th avenue itself. everything very accessible.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Great experience"
From the greeting at the door to the goodbyes at the end of my stay the hotel personnel are hands down the most gracious, friendly, accommodating group of men and women I've ever had the pleasure of being serviced by. The room was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The only low mark I would give would be to the $33.00 Truffle Burger at the hotel's resturant. I've had a better $5.00 burger at a fast food spot so that was disappointing but not disappointing enough to cloud the rest of my stay. I had an absolutely wonderful experience and I look forward to my next stay. Thank you for the professionalism and hardwork. Leslie
Leslie
Great staff, great location. Overall it was a great hotel experience
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Outstanding hotel, outstanding location."
The Peninsula was outstanding. Everything was five star. The room was perfect, perfectly clean, service was impeccable. Could not recommend the hotel higher. Pure luxury experience all the way around.
"Everything was AMAZING!"
Staying here was a splurge that was well worth it. It was comfort and extravagance all the way!
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Deb
"Service and Class"
We arrived 5 minutes before a scheduled special luncheon after a delayed flight and long commute in from JFK. After prompt check-in the doorman called us the house automobile for a luxury ride a few blocks to LeBernardin where we finally sttled into a very special meal. The hotel entrance on 55th street around the corne from 5th Avenue had old world charm but the rooms were very well appointed with updated electronics, plush robes, good seating and a view without the city noise. This was a very special experience.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Hotel near Central Park and Luxury Shopping"
Although I did not take advantage of shopping at the luxury boutiques and stores near the Peninsula, I highly recommend this hotel. It is within easy walking distance of MoMA and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. When walking to the Met, go through Central Park. The walk is beautiful and the path is more user-friendly than the uneven sidewalks. The hotel location is also convenient to many theaters, and we felt safe walking back to the hotel following the performances. The hotel staff is superb and very responsive. The concierges were particularly helpful in making suggestions for restaurants and visiting sites elsewhere in the city. I would stay at the Peninsula again without hesitation.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Lynn
"Elegant and convenient"
great!
4 night trip Jul 21, 2013
"Wonderful place for an Anniversary Trip"
Not being familiar with NYC, we stayed at the Peninsula based entirely on Expedia's recommendation and great rates - it was an incredible experience: from the roof-top views to the gym/spa to the celeb sightings. I would highly recommend it for a special getaway - in this case you definitely get what you pay for!!!
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Could Not Be More Pleased"
We had an incredible stay at the Peninsula. Everyone there treated us so well, beginning with a bell hop bear for our son all the way through the time we stepped into a cab for the airport. As soon as we left we wanted to go back.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Outstanding"
Not your average NY hotel environment. The staff here was beyond polite and nice. Attentive to anything I wanted, they helped out with a smile. Everything was neat and clean, I loved the room and all the amenities. The Spa at the hotel was also outstanding
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Needs to renew"
I love the Peninsula hotels, service and overall experience used to be very pleasant. Its a shame they have not renewed the rooms in NYC, at least in 10th floor. The first room they gave us smell very bad, so we had to change room, second room seemed too old. We asked for the house car and they told us it was not available because they share it with other hotels!, in a city with so many hotel options we are thinking not coming back even the location is great.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Masterega
"Very nice clean and high quality hotel with great"
Great amenities , kind , nice staff , wonderful spa service and good location
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
mike
"wonderful"
All in all, It was more than I expected. Look forward to staying there again.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
Bella
"One word: Outstanding!"
Right from the very first minute this proved to be an outstanding stay. It started before I even entered the hotel with helpful and friendly staff at the entrance; charming and professional reception team; a spectacular room, very elegant yey simple, just the style I like most. I was lucky enough to stay in a room looking on to 5th Avenue. The bed was a delight to sleep in. Breakfast was delicious. I really cannot find anything to criticise. The best quote I can find is "I'll be back!"
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Very nice. Huge rooms."
The facilities were top notch, as was the service. Granted, Midtown is pretty boring, but it's easy enough to get to downtown and chelsea. Room service at the Peninsula was hilariously expensive, but very good. Overall, no complaints, except I wish it could be transported to a hipper area.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
"Perfection (almost)!"
Outstanding location and experience. The only "complaints" I would put forward are a) would have been nice to fill the complementary fruit bowl daily (though I didn't really expect it), and b) very limited in hotel dining options. However, finding dining options within 2 minutes of the front door is simple. On balance, an excellent, highly recommended hotel!
Other trip May 29, 2013
Wayne
"An oasis of calm and comfort in bustle of NYC"
Great location. Concierge recommendation for pre-theater dining was ideal. Attentive service in Gotham Restaurant. In walking distance of 5th Avenue shopping.
Other trip May 12, 2013
"Great hotel top level service"
The hotel is superbly located, managed, all the staff is unfailingly polite and helpful. The rooms are somewhat small for the high rates.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
DH
"Under Construction"
We were very disappointed. The Fives restaurant was closed (we had been made aware of this prior to our visit). Upon arrival, we were told that the rooftop bar/restaurant was also closed (something we did not know). This only left the small coffee shop in the lobby. Not exactly a romantic atmosphere. We spent more of our waking time across the street at the St Regis than we did at the Peninsula.
Other trip Mar 31, 2013
"More than Expected"
wonderful staff and experience. beatiful architecture, great location, nothing was missing from the experience.
Other trip Mar 23, 2013
"Great spring break trip!"
Prime location within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Housekeeping ninjas kept the room immaculate. Rooftop poolside perfect for some "me time" reading. Minor early morning noise from renovations and the robes could benefit from some fabric softener, but otherwise my first New York spring break experience with my teenage son was fabulous!
Other trip Mar 22, 2013
Leah
"Great for couples and business"
By far the best hotel I have stayed at in NYC for business thus far. Top notch!
Other trip Mar 15, 2013
"I finally found the perfect hotel"
A truly (5) Star hotel in a great location. I am so impressed with this hotel and staff I will stay here again....just a great experience
Other trip Mar 1, 2013
"Great hotel in best location in NY"
Best location in NY. Outstanding staff, room, amenities, ambience, etc. Everything we could have hoped for...
Other trip Jan 22, 2013
"excellent hotel"
we have been there twice in 2012 and now again, they welcomed us as return clients very warmly and professionally.
Other trip Jan 21, 2013
sal
"5 star quality you would expect from Peninsula."
Hotel staff was all very accommodating. The hotel quality was superb and excellent. My complaints were handled accordingly. I was not happy with the room given to us so I asked for an upgrade, I told them that I'm an Expedia Elite member and immediately I was upgraded to 2 levels up, which was Grand De Luxe room sadly, I was charged extra per day. Avoid rooms close to the elevators or utility rooms.
Other trip Dec 27, 2012
Amy M.
"Perfect Manhattan experience."
Our experience was everything we hoped for and expected.
Other trip Oct 22, 2012
"Comfortable, Accomodating, and Convenient"
Staff was very accommodating and friendly. This was a surprise trip to New York for my wife and her first time ever to The Big Apple. One of her favorite things about the whole trip was our breakfast room service. The location is great. Being right on 5th avenue, it's within walking distance to a lot of great shopping, broadway, and the subway. After a long morning of shopping, I enjoyed relaxing in the hotel's pool. It is a bit small, but was fine when I was there because there were only two other people using it. Coming back to this hotel after a long day/night is great because the rooms are so comfortable and the staff are so welcoming. Their concierge is also a good resource for getting things done or for recommendations.
Other trip Sep 8, 2012
Jamie
"Number 1 hotel in NYC"
We received a room upgrade, it was spotless, quiet and very comfortable. The friendly staff was anticipating our every need. Our concierge pulled a string and got us a great dinner reservation, they could not have been more helpful. The workout facility and pool were as nice as any private club, the view was terrific. The rooftop bar was spectacular. Everyday started with a very nice breakfast. We can't wait to go back.
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
Kirby
"Best in NYC."
Awesome experience. Will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012
"Perfect place to stay"
Wonderful experience! Concierge could not have been more helpful...wonderful restaurant recommendations great personality. Alwaya willing to help with whatever and with a big smile!
Other trip Aug 28, 2012
"The Peninsula itself is a destination"
Staying at the Peninsula anywhere enhances the entire traveling experience. Staying in our room is as enjoyable as seeing the sights of New York.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
Will
"Great location, great hotel."
Splendid room and even better staff. So impressed. We were located in a room with a very loud fan noise (I picture action films where folks are trying to pass one without being sucked in). They were kind and understanding, moved us immediately to an upgraded room.
Other trip Aug 22, 2012
Happy
"Luxurious Family-Friendly Hotel"
Our experience at this hotel was AMAZING. It is a great combination of quality and class, mixed with a kid-friendly atmosphere. The staff was phenomenal and our room was beautiful - the bathroom itself was almost the size of some NYC hotel rooms. The gym was great, along with the pool and the rooftop bar. Everyone that encountered our 9 year old daughter went out of their way to make her feel welcome and at home - I have never experienced anything like this at a hotel that isn't targeted specifically for children.
Other trip Aug 21, 2012