All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
700 Fifth Avenue at 55th street, New York, NY, 10019, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
    4.9
We arrived several hours before check-in. Not only was a room available, but we received an upgrade. The room was very spacious & luxurious. The celebrity sightings in the lobby assured me that we had made the perfect selection in hotel. 5 Stars and worth every penny.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Inspiring Attitude of Service"
My stay the hotel was brief but I was very impressed by the attitude of service exhibited by the staff. It was as good as or better than any hotel at which I have ever stayed. All of the employees met me with a smile and made me feel like they really cared about my having a good experience. No one was ever rude or had the attitude that they couldn't help even if they weren't in their normal location or if what I was requesting wasn't normally their job. The reason I give the room 4 stars was that it felt like somewhat of an old fashion style and I felt that that room and the things in it at that time needed to be upgraded. I have faith that the management will make outstanding upgrades in the near future. Om.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Eclecticus
"Getaway"
Spa is amazing.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Patrick
"Nice hotel with great location"
Since the check in you know that your stay is going to be memorable. The staff very kind with the intention to serve and solve. The room was great and the food also very good. The location is great, in the 5th, couple of blocks froma Central Park and walking even in January from Times Square and Broadway.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Rafael
Excellent service and experience the location is the best place to be at. Look forward to going back
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Lovely hotel that never fails."
I've stayed here many times and it's always a pleasure!
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"The Peninsula is one of the best in Manhattan"
We spent a 3 day birthday weekend at the Peninsula which made our stay perfect. The hotel is so quiet and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was perfect on an upper floor overlooking fifth avenue.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Great location and perfect hotel!"
First time at the Peninsula but won't be the last. Everything about the experience was positive.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Vivian
"Nice hotel by the 5th"
An excelent hotel, good service and the best location
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Alex
"Beautiful hotel in great location!!"
We stayed at this hotel for our 20th Anniversary on New Year's Eve. The staff was top notch. Very friendly and helpful. I noted that we were celebrating our anniversary when I made the reservation. When we checked in, the desk clerk offered a free room upgrade. When we entered the room, we were surprised to find a large bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us along with a hand written note from the manager. Such a nice touch. The room was spacious and very comfortable with a great view of 5th Avenue.
BK
The Peninsula was not as good as our last visit. Although the concierge and front desk staff were excellent there were too many small disappointments to rate it highly. We had taken a junior suite and expected a great New Years stay. The room although clean and large was cold and the heating system could not keep up, the toilet plugged and needed maintenance (the maintenance man was prompt, and efficient). We needed to ask for the pull-out sofa to be made up and put away for our daughter even though this had been requested. The in-room bar was not refilled during our two night stay. The bar closed New Years Eve afternoon and an an unfriendly bar manager in the full remaining coffe/bar room directed us to the St. Regis hotel if we wanted a drink. On New Year's Day for a very expensive Breakfast we waited over one hour for service in the restaurant with the excuse of the computer was down! We even needed to ask for a coffee refill after 1/2 hour as non was forthcoming! The front desk could not give us a bill at checkout as the breakfast had not been posted, although it was sent electronically within an hour! Overall disappointing for a Peninsula.
"Nice, comfortable"
This is a very nice and comfortable hotel with courteous staff and also has close proximity to many places of interest in the city.
Dinesh Dixit
"Terrible uncaring service"
Unaccomidating service. They don't care about their guests. Rude and insensitive. Not worthy of the Peninsula brand. Bed was lumpy and tilted. No effort made by hotel to satisfy any of our concerns. Avoid this very low quality hotel. Spend your money elsewhere. Peninsula line should close this hotel.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Christmas in NY"
Everything was perfect We travel with our little yorkie and they REALLY are a pet friendly hotel Fabulous
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
sandra
"Serenity in Manhattan"
Great location in midtown Manhattan. Hotel is beautiful and luxurious. It's clean and impeccable. Expect to pay a lot for food and cocktails ($24) otherwise it's NYC and you can find great reasonably priced food around the hotel. The hotel provides serenity in busy NYC.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Costo
"First class hotel in heart of Midtown."
This is a superb hotel. We have stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world. This hotel is a top 5. Their attention to subtle detail and superior service is remarkable. We will return.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Fantastic & excellent friendly staff always showing a sense of urgency about our needs on the phone or in person.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Posh midtown digs"
Everything about the hotel was great...staff, cleanliness, comfort, gym...except the lighting control system in the room is a bit complex. At one point, we unscrewed the lightbulbs to get the lights above the bed to go off.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Great top class"
It was just GREAT
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"An amazing hotel located in the perfect spot"
From the time we pulled up in the car to the moment we left the service was perfect. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful every moment of our stay there and went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. This meant a lot since it was the first time traveling with our 18 month old daughter. Our experience couldn't be better and their restaurant Clement was delicious.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Wonderful setting, excellent service. Nicely decorated for the holidays
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"Peninsula NYC- a must!"
The hotel was perfect- everyone was super friendly. They were very accommodating to my children ages 5 & 6. They even put a step stool in the bathroom for them without my asking. It was expensive, but completely worthwhile to have the sort of treatment and accommodation that we had. Will definitely stay there again!
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"one of NYC's best"
it was excellent as usual!
3 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"Decent hotel...maybe not worth $1200/night"
We enjoyed our stay at the Peninsula Hotel. The location was fantastic...close to the park, shopping, great restaurants. The service was good, but not great. Several times we ordered room service, they apologized for taking so long because they "lost our order". We also had very slow service at the bar. We noticed quite a few times that the waiters were doing more socializing at the bar than waiting on tables. With the ridiculous drink prices, I would expect a little more. Our room was tiny and had a view of an alley, but we loved the nice, large bathroom. I wondered if we got this poor view at $1200/night due to the fact that we booked through a 3rd party. It was a little disappointing. I had a lovely facial at the spa. The facilities were wonderful, and the facial was relaxing. Again, not sure if it was worth $500 for an ordinary facial, but it was a nice service. Would have loved to experience the rooftop bar, but it was closed. Overall, it was a good hotel. I've stayed at nicer, but I would consider staying again if I had a better room location.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"An "ok" experience"
Elegant hotel well situated on 55th and 5th avenue. The entrance is a little awkward with the reception tucked off to the side, but it works. They had some renovations going on, so perhaps this caused the odd feel. That said the entrance itself does show glamour.. We had an upgraded room and it was both spacious and very comfortable. That said, we had a suite at the Hyatt Times Square that same week, and frankly that was just as and maybe even more comfortable -- much to my surprise. The big downside with this hotel is the church across the street, which harbors many homeless. It creates an uncomfortable feeling walking outside... Certainly not what one would expect from 5th avenue. Very nicely situated, 2 blocks from Central Park and right in the middle in luxury shopping. Not sure I would go again. If I want a luxurious experience, I think I will stick to the fairmont.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Pat
"Nice Hotel in the midst of everything"
I loved staying here. It was convenient and wonderful.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Beautiful lobby, restaurant and bar. Quiet rooms. Excellent service by polite, professional staff.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"The best"
Amazingly helpful and friendly staff, nice rooms, very clean, prompt service in a good location. Highly recommend which I rarely do.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Casual
"Very nice hotel."
The Peninsula is a very nice hotel. Staff is great, rooms are nice. Very nice bathroom. The bed is extremely comfortable. It is pricey, and the food (brunch at the restaurant, with coffee being $ 9.00 per person extra) and the drinks (rooftop, great location, but drinks are all $ 20-25). Good location, close to 5th Avenue, Central Park ( 5 blocks), Metro (2 blocks). A little further to Times Square. Pretty quiet hotel, didn't seem very busy. Away from the action of 7th Avenue and Times Square. Overall a good experience, although a bit stuffy...
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Harry
"Great hotel!!"
The room was clean and quiet. The employees are all very professional and well trained. It right on 5th avenue and 2 block from Central Park.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Keiko
"Excellent hotel right 5th Avenue"
From our arrival to the hotel to time of departure hotel staff was extremely welcoming, knowledgeable of the city, service oriented...we felt right at home in "New York" completely unexpected, considering N.Y.'s M.O...we loved it! A special thanks to Salim at the Front Desk who was AMAZING.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Carlos n Daisy
Absolutely amazing hotel! The staff are friendly, accomodating and attentive. We will definitely be back!!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Gorgeous hotel in a prime location. Great rooms, especially by NYC standards.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Comfortable & Quiet - Great Location"
Great location on 5th and 55th. Walking distance to great shopping, central park and some great restaurants. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms were SO quiet, which is great in NY. They were almost too quiet so we requested a fan from housekeeping. They only had a humidifier that didn't help but at least they tried. We managed to sleep well as we were so tired from being out and about. My only complaint would be the shower. There was no slop to the marble surrounding the bathtub. As a result, when taking a shower, the water would hit the flat marble surface and pour out on to the floor. We tried to be extra careful and still managed to soak several towels. All and all, the Peninsula is very nice and the staff is willing to do anything to make your stay comfortable.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Jonathan
"Great location. Customer service was excellent"
Enjoyed our stay. The hotel worked with us on a last minute refund of our first night stay when all the flights were cancelled into New York airports.
"Great hotel, close to everything!"
We had a great time, the pool and weight room were very nice. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. They had complimentary transportation to both shows we saw on Broadway! One was a limo! Felt like home!
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Sally
Good. Nice room bed etc good restaurant. Good location
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Perfect!"
Excellent service, Excellent communication, Excellent room, everything was just amazing. I will only stay here when i visit NYC
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
Casa_Melissa_Anthony
"Professional, high class, 8 stars out of 5"
I would give this hotel an overall 8 stars out of 5 stars if given the chance. The hotel has a professional, high class feel with 10 stars customer service (out of regular 5 stars). The interior design is somewhat simple (still a 5 stars rating out of 5 stars); perhaps it needs to have more expensive long drapes or more nice items hanging on the walls, especially at the entrance. The interior architect of hallways, winding staircases, dining room, and other areas show top-tier organizational brillance (8 stars out of 5 stars). This hotel is beyond perfect for business trips.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Great location even greater service"
One of the best hotel experiences we've ever had.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
We had a great stay at the hotel. The location is very good. The staff was very over the top friendly and always happy to help. We had an upgraded room and even a little late checkout. The only down of the trip would be that my husband had called Friday night, scheduled a massage for 1:00 on Saturday and then was not feeling well the next morning and they would not move nor cancel the appointment without a 6 hour notice .
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Our Penninsula Stay"
The Penninsula staff was always friendly & attentive. Cozy but very comfy room. Spa was wonderful.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Particularly appreciated availability of Smoking room. Service was fantastic.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Conveniently located to shopping and theaters."
We were so,impressed with the friendly staff. Being first time visitors, they were extremely gracious in helping us find things to see and do.
Other trip May 12, 2014
teressa
"Great Manhattan location"
Enjoyed the pool, the staff and location to St Patrick Cathedral (we over Easter weekend). Would have enjoyed a coffee maker in room or lobby. There was an obnoxious livery driver in front of hotel each night that should be removed from the front of the hotel (although he was not a staff member) the doorman certainly could be useful in making sure only pleasant accommodating drivers perch in front of their doorstep. Enjoyed the holiday events that were planned for,the children. And the lobby bar/dining, although expensive, was top notch.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
diane
Excellent staff - we were there for our 40th anniversary and the staff was super . Even sent us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries !
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
prema
"Fabulous hotel in the center if everything!"
The hotel is magnificent! The staff were top-notch, from the hotel manager to the concierge to the housekeepers. The rooms are larger than most I've stayed in while in Manhattan. They are so clean and the bed is super comfortable. The Oscar de la Renta toiletries smell amazing! The spa is fabulous. I will be back soon!
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Stacy
"NICE!!! Perfect location, friendly staff,"
LOVED THE STAFF and LOCATION. It was the best hotel I have ever stayed in
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
"We got a discount rate and a cheap broken room"
We were so excited to stay at the Peninsula for a nice romantic weekend when we saw an amazing rate. However we got a room that appeared as if nobody had been in it in years. Rusty water ran out of the tub, the room was freezing cold, the toilet was broken, the bed was hard and there wasn't even a top sheet on the bed! We felt like we had to take care of calling maintenance before we could even relax. This isn't what we expected. We enjoyed the restaurants and the roof top bar however we felt very slighted that we were obviously given a 2nd class room.
2 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"Jewel From the Orient Still Sparkles in NYC"
My wife and I stayed here just after our wedding in 1993 and this fine hotel has lost none of its luster. From outstanding service to charming Christmas decorations to exquisite room service this hotel has it all. I would also make a point of scaling the last two flights of stairs from the Spa to peek at the rooftop enclosed pool which remains enchanting. My only slight criticism would be the electronic lighting system in the rooms which are confusing and now somewhat dated. Still this is first class all the way.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014