All hotels in Fishkill, New York, United States of America
25 Merritt Blvd, Fishkill, NY, 12524, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

Service is adequate
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Regular internet service
    Dirty
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Couple of hours only."
This hotel is ok if you need just a couple of hours of sleep the hallway smell like smoke the hallway carpet was dirty, but the staff were very nice and helpful and pleasant.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"I would never stay here again"
This hotel is only 10-12 years old, but is extremely worn. It is a pet friendly hotel so you could smell and see evidence of this. The pull out coach on both ends had been all scratched and pulled by a cat or dog. Our closest door was missing, the hardware was there but door wasn't. The were advertised as having a full kitchen, however they do not stock it with dishes, glasses, pots, etc.. nothing at all. You have to ask for these things. We asked for all the dishes/utensils, we were family of six, we were given only 2 of everything. We asked for dish drainer they didn't have any, they said they would bring us one they never did. If you wanted the room cleaned that was an extra charge, for clean towels we needed to exchange dirty ones for clean ones at front desk. When we needed more toilet paper/tissues we needed to go to front desk. The hallways were never vacuumed the entire 6 days we were there. From people using the side doors all the time there were leaves/dirt in the hallways and stairways. The hotel is very run down. The hotel lobby and breakfast area are nice, but once you get beyond that that is when it is bad. The condition of the hotel would make me never stay there again, however the staff at the hotel were all very nice. There was a screw up between Hotel.com and the hotel and my reservation was not there when I arrived there and they did everything they could to accommodate me. So I give the staff a good rating, the hotel though is bad.
6 night family trip Sep 29, 2014
"Filthy"
Hotel was filthy. Food under microwave never wiped off! The rook smelt like smoke! garbage in the hall for a day! Never picked up. Nail polish on the walls, counter top and door frame. I actually would have walked out if we had not had to pay in full prior to booking. Would never ever recommend or go there again. Disgusting!!!
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
water
"Weekend Get Away"
The hotel was conveniently located just off Rt. 9. The hotel is bare bones accommodations. The staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay there again if in the area.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
SuzS
OK - but pricey for one night - and extremely minimal continental. - No milk, decaf or juice.Would be fine for an extended stay - would not chose for one night again.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Go across the road"
Dirty rooms. Hotel staff was nice and friendly but you are better off staying at the extended stay across the road. It's newer and cleaner.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Vincent
"Convenient location, great area"
Convenient location and great area with restaurants and shopping nearby. The room was a nice size and was comfortable for the few nights we stayed. A few gripes I have is that we had trouble with the toilet constantly clogging. We notified staff & they didn't take care of it while we were gone all day, then we had to call the front desk late at night so they'd send someone up to fix it. I also don't like how ESA no longer provides all the kitchen accessories in the room, you have to go down to the front desk to acquire everything. It's very inconvenient not having it all there in the room, we either are running late in the morning or return to the hotel too tired to collect the package to bring back to the room.
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
"This hotel is NASTY and we travel a lot"
From the first interaction calling for directions and on three attempts at about 10 rings each there was no answer. Attendant at desk verified phone number and said no calls came in. The hallways reaked of tobacco and we hoped for better in the room. Smoke free room reeked as well and sofa in the room was so dirty we would not sit on it. There were many late night altercations outside our window.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Why Me??"
When coming to check-in the young man couldn't find my reservation which took him 15 minutes. Then the room was dirty so he asked for it to be cleaned & told me 20 minutes after i was already waiting. Then when entering my room not only did I find OLD CHICKEN in the refrigerator but there weren't any glasses in the cabinets. This is my 20th stay @ this hotel in the last 3 years. I WILL SAY EVER SINCE CINDY & HER SON BRANDON DOESN'T WORK HERE ANYMORE THIS HOTEL HAS GONE DOWN HILL. I REALLY WANTED A REFUND BECAUSE THIS PLACE WAS THE PITS. THE RECREATION ROOM WHERE COFFEE & CONDIMENTS ARE WAS DISGUSTING. Sincerely Submitted, Mrs.Hickson
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Mrs.A.Hickson
"Non smoking room that smelled like an ash tray. St"
Add that was not around. Linens that looked like the previous tenants used.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
dont stay here
"Great Room & Price"
Went up late on friday..Room was held for me and the room was clean and nice. Slept really well. Would recommend it to others..
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"good but ...."
I've stayed a this chain before and usually only for one night. So the whole extended stay thing doesn't really apply to me. BUT BE WARNED, they have changed their policy on keeping the room stocked with ANYTHING in the kitchen. I should have been warned upon CHECK-IN that there is NOTHING in the kitchen -- not even a coffee maker -- anymore. Yet another way to cheap-out the brand, I suppose. What good is a stove, microwave, fridge, and a FULL DISHWASHER if you have NOTHING to cook/eat with. There weren't even any plastic cups in the bathroom so I could brush my teeth. Glad I know now, though. And now -- SO DO YOU.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
25HRMOM
The 1st room had a bad smell so we were moved to a different room. That one was also not very clean or pleasant. The breakfast was very poor so we went to eat somewhere else.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Yael
"needs to be upgraded"
First I would like to say that this hotel is at a great location. The hotel workers are very nice. The hotel needs a lot of upgrading. I think this place is not good for a family vacation, due to the fact that people live at this place. Because it has a full kitchen and etc. They give you grab and go breakfast. They tell you continental, but it really isn't. And then go there to get breakfast and its none left. For two days I got none but a cup of coffee. Thus place should be a shame of themselves. When I got into the first room was horrible. I went to the owner and I told him that the room was disgusting. He was very nice and did change my room with no problem. And the other room was a little better. I bought my dog with me and they charge a fee. That is ok but when I seen the room, I was like they dont even deserve the 25 for how nasty this place is. One of my worst experience ever, with my family.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
Mrs. Wynn
"Solid room for the price"
Decent hotel with modest rooms. I like this location because you get a good room and a chill environment with a lot less pretentiousness than some hotels in the same price bracket.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
"Pay attention"
Furniture worn. Need new carpet. Wanted a no smoking. It was a smoking rm. Even had an ash tray. Too tired to change it. Arrived at12 midnight. Had to press buzzer for someone to come and let me in. No one at desk. Not welcoming. Scary.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
This hotel smelled like stale cigarettes and cat urine. Breakfast was minimal and ran out early (muffins or cereal bars and fruit). We won't stay here again.
3 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"The hotel stinks"
I understand the hotel is allowed to have animals, but the hallway stunk and our room smelt like dog/cat urine while we stayed there for two nights.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"easy to find off interstate"
'glad they accepted dogs
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"My Stay at Extended Stay in Fishkill"
First, we didn't arrive until 11:30pm. Although my confirmation said late arrival approved the reception closes down at night. Supposedly that's okay as when you arrive you can call the receptionist who will come down and check you in. Unfortunately for us the phones were down, which we were told happens a lot, and it was by chance that she was coming down to the front desk. Otherwise we may have never been able to get in. Secondly, this booking said No Smoking! The room had such a strong cigarette stench that I don't think that's accurate. I hate cigarette smoke so it made my stay miserable. Thirdly, the HVAC didn't function properly. It was either an ice box or no air at all. I tried adjusting the thermostat multiple times with no success.
"Decent room with smelly halls"
The room was decent and good size, but the common areas were run down and the hallways elevators and stairs smelled strongly of smoke. The breakfast was a joke-coffee and muffins only.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
family of 5
"West Point Graduation"
It worked out very well. Thank you.
Response by Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay with us. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
2 night family trip May 26, 2014
"Good Location"
Friendly service near services and highway intersections. Room area smelled of smoke even though it was non smoking. Lovely courtyard and basketball court.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
"Dingy and average"
The stay was limited, only one night a lot of money with no real benefit. The breakfast was non existent and the coffee cream was some kind of syrup.
Response by Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Other trip May 26, 2014
expensive
"Fishkill, NY"
Fishkill for a wedding, hotels with "wedding rates" booked, used Expedia to find this one. We ended up getting rooms cheaper than what we would have if we'd stayed at the "wedding" hotels. Our rooms were ready when we got there - we'd asked for early check-in. Staff was curteous, rooms was clean, bed was comfortable, great location.
Response by Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Other trip May 19, 2014
Gail
"Ok, spend my money elsewhere"
Hotel staff very nice, room very dated but clean, some rough spots, sticky spots on couch, major areas for me, queen bed, not so much, it was a full, pull out couch don't plan on using it for anyone older then 6 , kind of in disrepair, hotel smelled of smoke and machine oil, for the price night, even though it was "suite" it was not worth the $$$. And breakfast labeled as grab and go, enjoy a free Quaker oats granula bar and some sub par coffee
Response by Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9
Jo - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that we did not meet your expectations. We are continuously making changes to our brand to improve our rooms and services and feedback like yours help us to achieve those goals. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Jo
"good wkend"
for the price, a great wkend studio. love the large fridge, a giant plus. beds comfortable enough clean and neat. would go back there when I head back home for wkends. judy quinti
Response by Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Decent place if you need to sleep"
Definitely not modern, lackluster breakfast, and hallways reeked of cigarette smoke. Overall, a decent place to sleep but don't expect much.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Very nice. Great for the price.
Response by Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, our great rates and your visit with us overall. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2014
Stewart Family
"good, inexpensive stay"
the staff was super friendly and helpful. the rooms were clean but you could tell they were a little worn. overall it was a good experience and I would recommend it to others.
Response by Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9
Tori- Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
3 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
tori
"Fishkill Extended Stay America"
If you have a family and plan on staying in the same room and eating in the room as well, it may be good. Otherwise, it smelled of cigarettes in the hallways, had no amenities. For about $10 more, we stayed at another hotel that includes everything, even a hot breakfast, a workout facility, pool and jacuzzi. Sorry Extended Stay America, would never stay there again.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2014
Fishkill Visitor
"extrmemly please"
for the price the room and staff were great. tremendous value
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
"Awesome"
I I loved my stay there, it was a beautiful hotel & I really enjoyed myself bringing my New Year's was very comfortable
2 night trip Jan 3, 2014
Mrs.A. Hicks on
"Exceeded expectations"
Room was large and clean, and allowed pets. Other than a air unit on the noisy side, everything was great. God quality for the price,
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
"Convenient, basic place to stay"
Rooms are large and good for a group (we had 4 in our room). The kitchen allows you to bring in food and prepare simple meals. They also have free passes to a really nice gym that is close by. Minor complaint - no towel bars to hang used towels in bathroom, and they don't change linens daily. Fluorescent lighting in rooms is a little harsh. Breakfast is meager, instant oatmeal, muffins, and some fruit, but for the price it's really a pretty good place.
3 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Front desk seemed understaffed, only one person working while we were there. Not many choices for breakfast and ran out early most days.
6 night trip Oct 10, 2013
"Awful"
One of the worst places I have ever stayed at. It was dirty, understaffed, lacking in amenities, small and cramped with only the most basic provisions for an "extended stay". The only good thing was the location and the parking lot. Spend the money and go to a residence inn if you want a studio.
3 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Nothing special, but worth consideration."
Staff was cordial. Mini-breakfast promptly open at 6 a.m. Short drives to Poughkeepsie and West Point.
5 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"Decent stay & excellent staff"
The hotel was in a convenient location close to hwy and shopping. The staff was friendly and Steve the front desk person was pleasant. Our room was ok but not super clean. The hallway was dirty and same trash was on the floor the entire 3 days and smelled heavily of cigarette smoke. The friendliness of the staff and location made up for the untidiness. Overall good stay and we'll be back.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2013
Howard G.
"Close to Walmart and restaurants"
But really smelly. They combined smoking and non-smoking on the floors for some reason and the hallways smelled of substances. The counters were dirty -- definitely recommend wiping things before you use it.
3 night business trip Sep 13, 2013
"Good place to stop for the night"
It is half way between our house in New Brunswick and the one in Charlottesville. We often stay there. The rooms are always clean and it is in a safe place. There are a lot of nice restaurants near by and we enjoy leaving Kodie (our dog) in the room and going out on the town. Our recommendation is a restaurant called Charley Browns.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2013
"Extended stay fishkill"
Overall not ad, but very little room. We booked a suite which only had 4 hangers and not enough room to store basic necessities.
3 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
"Perfectly Serviceable, Convenient"
Stayed here for a (budget!) weekend away in the Hudson Valley. This hotel is much nicer than many others in the vicinity at the same price. It's also conveniently located on Route 9 just by I-84, which makes it easy to reach a variety of destinations in Ulster and Dutchess counties. The facilities were a bit dated, but our room was clean and everything worked fine. Having a full-sized refrigerator was a definite bonus, as was the outdoor patio.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Great Experience!"
Despite some of the low reviews we found this hotel to be excellent. It is the best pet friendly hotel we have stayed in. Great location. Close to so many stores and restaurants. Makes for great convenience. We will definitely frequent this hotel in the future on our next visit to the Fishkill area.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Not too good..."
The location is fine. The security is questionable. Supposedly the hotel is locked at night and a room key is required for entrance, but this is not the case. The hotel is filthy from top to bottom. The free breakfast is not worth it.
3 night trip Aug 22, 2013
Andy
"CLOSE TO HIGHWAYS"
average hotel,
2 night business trip Jul 27, 2013
"It was fine, for what it was"
Difficult to find the road southbound on Route 9 in the dark, easier northbound. We checked in late. The woman at the desk said that the bedding for the pullout should be in the closet, but if it isn't to come back down to the desk. It wasn't, and I did have to come down.The breakfast was very thin - packaged oatmeal with no milk, only Coffeemate!
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
ersie
"Nice Inexpensive Hotel"
My only issue was the A/C wasn't great. But, this seems to be the case at most hotels I stay at.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"A++"
The staff was amazing! The rooms were very clean and our stay was smooth! A++
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
India
"Philly Girl"
We stayed here while visiting the Hudson River Valley Mansions. This hotel did not have a pool so we were pleased to learn when we checked in that we had full access to a gym/spa around the corner with an indoor and outdoor pool.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013