All hotels in Metropolis, Illinois, United States of America
203 E Front St, Metropolis, IL, 62960, United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

Very relaxing , very nice everyone was nice and helpful.
3 night trip Aug 13, 2015
carol
"Better service at Super 8"
Nice clean room comfortable bed. The night desk clerk went out for a smoke and talk on her phone and didn't come back. There was a loud party going on so it was hard to sleep.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Metropolis
Leslie, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. We are pleased to read you found our rooms comfortable and clean. We do owe you an apology for the lack of service you found with our evening desk clerk. We are having a staff meeting today and I assure you this will be addressed. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next visit to Metropolis. Tracy-GM
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Leslie
Great room was in great shape and very clean and orderly
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Metropolis
Thank you so much for the great review. We have been working extremely hard to exceed our guests expectations. We are so pleased to read that it is paying off and you had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again at the Baymont Inn-Metropolis.
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
carlos
"Metropolis disaster"
More of a rundown motel, in serious need of major renovation. Interior halls are not air conditioned or even ventilated - stifling hot and humid. Rooms are total dumps, bathroom fixtures are dirty and do not operate properly. Located in old neighborhood with no restaurants or other eateries.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Metropolis
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. We are sorry to read you impression of our hotel. I assure you we are working hard on improving on many of these issues. Once again thank you and we truly hope you will give us another try and see the changes we have made.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
"Pass on by...Please!"
Hotel rooms were dirty and unclean. We were upgraded to suite that was still unacceptable!!!
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Metropolis
Daniel, I am so sorry for your recent experience at our hotel. I assure you we are working hard on getting the cleanliness to the standards our guests deserve. Once again I apologize and hope you would consider giving us another try on your next visit to Metropolis.
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
The hotel is in a great location. The pool area is nice.
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Metropolis
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. We are pleased to read you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our pool area. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Metropolis.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Hotel close to the casino"
Hallway smelled of smoke, room clean, bed too soft
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Metropolis
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. We are pleased to read the positive feedback. We work hard to offer a clean and comfortable setting at a affordable price. I do apologize that the bed was to soft for you. I am like you and prefer a firm mattress but their are others that prefer soft. It can sometimes be difficult to find the perfect choice for all. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Metropolis.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Friendly Service"
Friendly service! Very helpful when I requested 2 rooms on the main floor close to each other!
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Metropolis
We are pleased that you gave us such a great rating, I will make sure to share this with my staff. I'm glad we was able to make your stay as comfortable & satisfying as possible.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Belgian view"
Only benefit of this stay was proximity of casino. Room TV inoperable
Response by Baymont Inn and Suites Metropolis
Edward, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. I apologize that your television was not working at check-in. I hope we were able to get this resolved in a timely manner for you. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and we hope to see you on your next visit to the casino.
1 night trip with friends May 5, 2015
Edward A.
"Breakfast area too small but nice place to stay."
Tried to get hotel near Paducah without any luck because of Quilt Week. Saw this hotel on another website with last room disappeared while trying yo book the room. So I tried Expedia for same hotel and got one of their rooms still available. It was their last room too as I watched the screen change again. However, this time the booking process was easier and my reservation completed quickly.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Ted
"Needs Improvement to Mediocre"
The hotel is in need of revamping. The front desk people were not rude, but not friendly. The room was old looking and the sink faucet knobs had a gross amount of gel-like adhesive to prevent spraying which looked gross and didn't work well. When I pulled the cover down on the bed the bed was barely made and I couldn't be sure that they changed the sheets. The bedside lights didn't turn on. One and done. Needs an overhaul.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
JB
"Cheaper than the casino"
I seen this room online. It was considerably cheaper than the casino. We had the Jacuzzi room. It isn't the nicest or cleanest place but it worked for a nights sleep at a cheaper price.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Very dissatisfied customer"
The comforter smelled like urine and for a no smoking room there were cigarette butts all over. The hallway smelled of smoke as well.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"It's acceptable if you can't get into Harrah's"
Reserved Friday and Saturday nights. Stayed Friday night and gambled into the morning, decided that I had had enough fun and wanted to skip staying the 2nd night and head back to Tennessee. I was concerned about being charged for not canceling my reservation with in 24hrs. I stopped by the desk to ask about their cancelation policy before making my decision on staying or going. I spoke with Tracy who was very engaging and she assured me that I wouldn't be charged for canceling my reservation if I decided to check out. I ended up checking out and not being charged for the one night. The hotel is a bit dated but comfortable, the location is awesome and the price isn't bad.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Nice hotel close to attractions."
It's a pretty good hotel not bad not the most amazing thing ever. It's at a good walking distance from the superman museum and statue. The staff was really nice and friendly.
Ely
"empty Hotel"
Worn out Hotel, difficult to find. Some rooms were rented out on a long term basis to utility workers.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Garrit
Clean Staff nice not overly friendly. Was good for a one night stop for the price
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Baymont"
This place was dirty. Ppl leaving there clothes in the walkway soon as u walk in the door. When someone above us ran water it sounded like floor / ceiling was Gona fall in
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
stacy
"The wifi didn't work the hot tub was closed."
The hot tub was closed, and the wifi didn't work. the door to room 259 was hanging so it left a gap at the bottom. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was decent. Might stay there again when they get some repairs done.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Very friendly staff
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
"Sweet suite!!"
Excellent for the weekend get away
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"just close to casino"
Stayed to just play at casino no rooms here. In the room they had a safe but could not use no keys they are going to be removing them so no room safes while your gone. Very dark at night not a lot of light walking through parking lot going to casino I was parked on back side of hotel (creepy). Got a smoking room with king bed that I booked online got there checked in got to room it was two beds that had to be twin beds not queen to small for that was not told at check in.( wife had to sleep in other bed that was fun):(
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
wbo44
"convenient location"
very convenient to the casino and to the local square where there's lots of good eateries
1 night business trip Jan 2, 2015
troy
"good find"
Very nice stay. Beds was clean and comfortable. The eating area was to small but it was clean and breakfast was good.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
nancy
"Superman city"
Good indoor pool. Clean room.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"Very disappointed"
Very disappointed in the quality of the hotel. I cannot remember the last time I paid $70+ for a room and had an actual tube tv. We stopped for the evening to watch the Ironbowl and were not able to get the game on the antiquated television. The amenities were not in line with minimum standards I feel all hotels should have. The Casino hotel located 400 feet away has a nightly room rate of $49.95 and is new and updated. Do not waste your time with this hotel. It reminded us of the hotel in the Shinning it is that old. The owners need to invest some money back into this location or slash there prices to reflect the .5 star rating.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
Geln
"horrible hotel"
Took over half an hour to check in because the manager had no clue what she was doing. Room key had to be re-encoded every day in order to get into room. Hallways smelled horrible, toilet didn't flush right.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"next to casino"
the water in shower was cold. security lock was broken and the front desk already knew it when i told them at checkout,someone before us had broken it. the tub and toilet had stains in it.when the right cleaning products will do the work also whoever makes the beds had just thrown the sheets and blankets up on it
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
blondie
"George"
Very hard for seniors no elevators to go to higher floors, other than that everything else was fine.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2014
"out of the way from what i asked"
hotel was fine except i asked for non smoking for health reasons room was non smoking but the hall was bad seems as if people didnt smoka in room so everyboby on second floor smoked in the hall. also I asked for groung floor but was put on second and I have problem with steps. came by early to make up room we were dressing getting ready to leave for day when got back they had skiped cleaning room.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Lee
"amazingly awesome!!"
They had everything you could need that most people forget waiting in the room it was clean and the jacuzzi was amazingby far the best room I've ever stayed at
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
Melinda
"room and staff"
coffee pot in room has build up in the water storage, had to clean it myself. hot water takes a while to get hot, in the morning it seems to be ok but in early hours does not seem to be very hot. rooms are nice and clear the hotel is older but for the cost I would stay here again. Staff is helpful as much as possible, no keys to the room safe, many are lost , suggest they go digital for safes in rooms. Wifi not very fast but usable. fridge freezer needs defrosting.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
It's close to the casino, that's what I wanted for my two underage sons while I stayed at the casino. The room and facilities are very good for the price.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Kenny
"Terrible service"
When arriving late around 12:30am, I went into the lobby where there was no one there to check me in. I walked around looking for the attendant but found no one. I called the hotel number which only rang in empty lobby. Another person with a room came in and we waited. After 15 minutes I called the 1-800 number. The operator tried the hotel number and told me they would relocate me to a different hotel. After waiting a total of 25 minutes the attendant showed up. Instead of apologizing he rudely barked, "Your name!" If it weren't almost 1am I would have left right than. As I was getting my bags out of my car I heard the attendant screaming at the man who was waiting as well. I have never experienced such horrible service.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"Friendly and fun"
I had a delightful stay at the Baymont Suites in Metropolis. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure I had a convenient room for me and my dog. The security lights were an added plus as I had to go out in the middle of the night to let the dog out. Great place to stay.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
Laurie
"Hard to find"
The hotel was fine. it is older and right next to a casino. Found however, it was very difficult to find based on the information given.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
ron
"hotel review"
i booked 2 non smokin suites n as soon as u walked into the hall all u could smell was cigarette smoke due 2 my allergies n my dads copd medical condition we had 2 return the keys n didnt stay there i had 2 go book 2 more rooms at another hotel n just lost my $200 at this particular hotel if u all need the confirmation numbers i can get those 4 u but i was very dissatisfied with baymont in metroplis
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2014
"Great clean place to stay for the money"
Wife and I stayed 3 nights to attend a family reunion in nearby KY. Room was clean, a/c nice and cold. Superman museum was right nearby. Walls seemed thin and the tub didn't drain well but overall a great value.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Melhorn Family"
Awesome rate clean rooms with comfortable beds. The continental breakfast could use improvement they had bagels but no cream cheese nor butter pastry we a bit on the dry side...We will return in the near future. We travel from Nashville Tennessee to metropolis about every 4 months.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Melhorn
"close to casino"
chose Baymont for location next to casino. (Labor day weekend and Harrah;s was full) Building is old and the outside needs to be cleaned up. Paint is peeling, some of the siding is falling off, outside door that we used did not lock...no key required for entry. Room was OK, cleaner that I expected after seeing outside. Bed was comfortable, but pillows are old and thin. Floor (we were upstairs) is squeaky and slanted. Glad we were on the top floor for that reason, felt bad for the people under us. Outside lighting is poor at night. Parking lot is extremely dark. Internet did work fine, did not go for the breakfast in AM.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"not too bad"
Mixed feelings, but a decent hotel for the money. Friendly people, located next to casino. Room wasn't as clean as I'd like. Pool was nice, hot tub was more like a warm tub.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"The 2nd most horrible hotel I have ever stayed at."
Location was lousy, carpets filthy, halls not properly lit, I was even nervous going out my door. I will never go back.
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
T. Sample
"Overall disatisfied"
When we arrived everything seemed fine for the price we paid. However, once we got our things to take our stuff to the room, we found that someone was already in the room. When we went to the front desk to inquire their excuse was that it must be that an employee pulled the key and put their things in there. The lady at the desk said she apologized and that she showed the room to be empty. She said she was going to go lock out the room to see what happened. She then gave us the key to another room which downgraded us from 2 queens to 2 full beds and no pull out couch. We then had to climb 2 flights of stairs with our luggage due to no elevator. Continental breakfast left a lot to be desired.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
"quiet and clean"
This is a nice hotel - especially for the money. Check out is at noon - so you don't have to hurry.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
richardp
Floor wasn't vacuumed and my dogs were getting all kinds of treats :( One of the security doors to the building was broken and unable to latch. Proximity to Harrah's Casino is AWESOME!!!!
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
"Unexpected surprise"
What a nice place will plan around this any time I am in the area to stay again
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Just me
"Central location for day trips"
Overall decent place for the price
3 night family trip Jun 1, 2014
"It took five hours for the hotel room to cool down"
For the little bit of extra money it would be worth it to spend night somewhere else.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
dan
"Good hotel for price and location"
For the price and location it's a good hotel. The rooms are a little dated and could use some updating. I wish the room had more outlets but that's probably a problem with a lot of hotels that are a few years old now that we travel with phones, iPads, etc. that need to be plugged in. The room was quiet. The hotel is clean. The pool area is nice and clean. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is probably on par with other hotels in this range--nothing great, but adequate. And the staff was attentive to keeping the area cleaned up and stocked.
Other trip May 6, 2014
DT
"Too noisy!"
The room doors slammed about once every hour from Midnight to 6 am. What happened to quiet time? The staff could hear it, but said nothing!
Other trip Apr 22, 2014