All hotels in Metropolis, Illinois, United States of America
203 E Front St, Metropolis, IL, 62960, United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

"Good for an overnight."
It was good for an overnight stay . The hot tub was cold and so was the room with the swimming pool. The water in the pool was warm.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Arlan
"Dirty, disappointed"
The first time we stayed here the room was ok. This time the room was dirty. I found an old poorest by the bed. None of the plugs worked except for the one over the sink. There were cig burns on the blanket.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
marie
Good
4 night trip Feb 12, 2014
Stewart
"For price and location this is a good hotel."
This is a nice hotel. The room was very clean and staff very friendly. Need was very comfy. It's an older motel but it's close to casino you can walk to it.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Room was clean and for the most part quiet. Staff was okay. Didn't like the fact Ihad to l leave a copy of my credit card at front desk
1 night trip Feb 1, 2014
Great location for overnight stay and play time at the casino. Only bad thing was the road construction.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2013
Sherri
"close to harrahs"
The first room we were in was nasty , no sheets hadn't ben cleaned.We were quicly given another room /suite,an upgrade,and it was fine,clean and well maintained.The clerk done an excellent job handling this situation. it still should have never happened.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"deer season"
Overall the hotel was nice and we would have enjoyed it had it not been for the hunters that were staying there. They were up VERY early and all we heard were voices and doors banging!!!! We were right next to one of the exits so it made the noise even worse. Needless to say, we were up at 4am. Nothing wrong with the hotel though, we found it clean and comfortable. Just didn't sleep much......
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
"good"
Road construction made it difficult to get to the hotel.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"Completely Dissatisfied"
It was horrible...I traveled there for a funeral, did not get the bereavement rate because I booked through hotels.com rather than through the hotel directly. I booked the suite that had the jetted tub, it didn't work, couldn't use the pool as it was raining outside, couldn't get on the internet, called tech support from the room and they couldn't even hear me on the phone....it was horrible on top of having to attend a funeral the next day!
1 night trip Oct 31, 2013
Jamie Tennant
"Nice rooms!"
The room was very comfortable. Enjoyed our stay!
1 night trip Oct 24, 2013
JF
"disgusting"
The service was great! The staff was real friendly but the room was incredibly discusting! Yellow stains on the walls, stuff splattered in the painting behind the bed, the hallway wreaked of cigarettes, and the alarmclock was completely covered in filth! It hasn't been wiped down in a looooong time. The hotel would have gotten 4 or maybe even 5 stars if they would give the rooms a deap clean one in awhile.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
linda oglesbee
We had to stay in a different room the third night. They worked really hard getting it ready for us early but they obviously haven't deep cleaned the room in a long time. It was a smoking room and there was yellow stuff dripping down the walls and stuff splattered on the painting behind the bed. And even the alarm clock was disgusting. The service was great just the cleanliness was horrible
2 night trip Oct 17, 2013
mike mcdonald
"Smoking and Towels"
This particular hotel needs to get a better understanding of the term non smoking. We were placed on a "non smoking" floor which was apparently a smoking floor! The smoking went on for quite sometime on the "non smoking" floor and had gotten so bad that there was a haze of smoke in the hallway which then filled our room. Top it all off.... It took us over an hour to reach the front desk about the smoking issue. In the meantime we stuffed a sheet under the door to try and stop the smoke from entering the room. By the time the front desk got the matter under control it was 1:00 am in the morning and we a had a huge business meeting the same day. Maybe it's me but one towel in the shower doesn't work when two people are sharing a room. Instead of attempting to contact the front desk..... I went down and got some towels from the attendant.
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2013
"Great Place To Stay!"
The satff was very friendly, the room was clean, the area was very quiet-which I appreciated because I had travelled for several hours! It is very easy to get to off the Interstate and only a few blocks from downtown Metropolis. I left a special pillow behind and when I called they saved it for me to pick up on my return trip. The free breakfast was a nice way to start the day, too! Next time I visit I will stay again and utilize the hot tub and indoor pool.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2013
Chuck K
"Perfect for a one night stay"
The room was dated but the bed was super comfy. The bathroom needed a little repair. The free continental breakfast was priced right.but it meet our needs.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Cyndra
"Very nice"
They sold out of the room I reserved but they made up for it by upgrading me. Front desk was wonderful. Room was very comfortable. Could have been cleaned better, found an open shampoo in the shower, but overall was very nice.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Todd
"Nice hotel in quiet friendly community"
The Baymont Inn in Metropolis, IL was a nice motel in a quiet and friendly community. All the people we encountered were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and visiting the casino and the antique shops. A good place to go for a quiet and relaxing time.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
"close to casino"
I found the staff friendly and the rooms comfortably the breakfast is ok compare to other hotels the casino is in walking distance and its location is walking distance to the downtown area where superman is
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
chuck
"Not my first choice.....But worth the $$"
This hotel is nice we have stayed here before. It was not our first choice but since we have service dogs and were denied a room at Harrah's Casino in Metropolis, IL this was our best option. It is within walking distance to the casino and reasonably priced. I would recommend this hotel to my friends though it isn't the fanciest option.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"need new matresses,"
If your there to gamble and not going to stay in room much then ok.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Could have more of a breAkfast
1 night trip Sep 2, 2013
"father son"
Great price for the value. I was glad I picked this hotel over the others. Room was clean and the service was good.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Not good"
Room was clean but sheets and "blankets" sucked and the room was almost humid the air felt wet and it was just not enjoyable. We just wanted to get out of there.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
"More than acceptable."
Great location right next to the casino and river. However, they stopped breakfast at 9 on a weekday. Hard to get the whole family moving by that time while on vacation.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Okay for the price"
Hotel was adequate for a one night stay. Room had a musty smell but appeared to be clean. Room had an old tube style television that worked intermittently. Didn't use the pool but it looked clean. Breakfast was okay. I was a little nervous about leaving my vehicle in the parking lot because of the location of the hotel. All-in-all, the hotel was good for one night.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Pleasantly Surprised"
The price of my stay is usually more akin to small and out of the way hotel rooms. This was neither. I had a large suite with jacuzzi and the hotel it self is located in the inner part of historic Metropolis. Very nice for evening walks. I would definitely stay again.
2 night business trip Jul 15, 2013
Kerry
"Good Stay"
Everything was good, but one of the reasons I booked this hotel was for the gym. Three machines would have been enough to get a good workout, but only the treadmill worked and the room was 90 plus degrees way to hot to workout in. Hotel service/location/quality of service were all very good.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2013
The computer in the Lobby did not work due to password problem. I was told that I could NOT use my WYNDHAM Rewards because I reserved my hotel room using HOTELS.COM. Why this happen I don't know.
5 night trip Jul 9, 2013
John Lima
"Room stinks and car was side swiped"
The halls and room really stunk. Our car was side swiped and they didn't leave any information. Did not seem to be worth the price I paid compared to other Baymonts I have stayed this one seems the worse. The other ones I have been in were nice and clean but this is an older hotel so I suppose that's why. The other ones were newer.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
Colleen
"Good for a nights sleep on the way through area"
We stayed for 1 night while passing through. The pool was nice, rooms were clean, breakfast was enough to get your day started. Room needed bigger and more pillows but beds were fine. Affordable night stay. Don't miss the Superman statute!!
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
kim
Hotel wa fine. When booking I was looking for an excerise room and was very disappointed in what they call a workout room
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"Not bad, lousy breakfast"
Nice place for a night or two, just a few minutes walk to the casino next door. There isn't much else in the surrounding area, it was quiet though, right on the Ohio, the front desk staff member at checkin was dull and rude but overall I'd stay again if ever in the area.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2013
It was nice, except the floor was not vacuumed very well. The rest of the room was clean and nice. For the price the continental breakfast was just okay.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2013
good
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"In quaint little town and very comfortable."
Had a very nice stay . Will recommend. Will stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
"passing through"
Hotel was worth the money , but room was not the best & breakfast could use some work.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2013
"conviently located"
Nice room close to pool and breakfast area and was on 1st floor with easy access from car.Due to a family medical emergency we had to check out early otherwise it was a nice stay.
5 night family trip Jun 6, 2013
Would not recommend this hotel to traveling / non smoking families. We asked for a non smoking room and the first room we were placed in was right next door to a smoking room. The rooms smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. We moved to a room further away from the smoking rooms but even then, the rooms smelled like smoke. The staff was pleasant but would not characterize as friendly.
1 night family trip May 25, 2013
internet didn't work, and description said all rooms had balconies. None did and our window faced a brick wall:( Pool and hot tub was cold
2 night trip May 31, 2013
Christa
"Even discounted this hotel was over priced"
All started when Hotels.com was wrong about having a balcanoy as a selling point. Shower had hair in it and Bed had food crumbs on it. Head board was broke. Toliet leaned causing you to be unbalanced. The internet went down on Friday and was without it for entire stay. The hot tub was warm and pool was cold. Front desk was friendly which is hard to be when having to deal with a poor quality hotel. Next time I am in the area I will stay at one of the many other competetors.
2 night trip May 31, 2013
"quilt convention"
The hotel could be a bit cleaner; I've stayed at worse. The room was ok, but the hallways stunk of smoke - I was worried as I headed to the room. Breakfast was sub-par for this type of hotel/price. Overall ok for the paducah KY quilt convention, especially since I booked too late to get a room in Paducah.
3 night trip Apr 25, 2013
pd
"right next to casino"
Great location for a night at the casino, outdated hotel but the bed was comfortable and there was a decent flat screen TV, and the room was clean, no real complaints, good price.
1 night trip May 18, 2013
Cassy
"Exactly what we needed!"
I booked a suite with a whirlpool tub just for an overnight get-away for my husband's birthday. I am very pleased with this hotel - but I am not a picky person. No, it's not the cleanest; but the bed sheets were clean, as well as the sink tops, toilet, shower and whirlpool tub. It's also not the most up-to-date as far as decor, appearance, etc. But I booked this room because we've stayed before and all I wanted was peace and quiet away from 4 children! I can't speak about the quality of the pool, hot tub or food - as both times my husband and I have stayed here we either didn't leave the room or went to the casino next door; slept in and missed breakfast. :) If you're one of those travelers that's going to wear a white glove and run your finger over the baseboard and then rant about the dust in a review - stay elsewhere. It was perfect for us! Being located right next to the casino is a huge plus - no worrying about driving if you've had too many cocktails!
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2013
Happily married
"Go out of your way to stay here, it's worth it!"
There was a slight mixup with the booking, and to apologize for the inconvenience they upgraded our room to the suite, complete with jacuzzi tub! The staff were very polite, efficient and professional. I slept better than I'd slept in weeks, and checkout was a breeze. We stay in a lot of hotels but this one really stood out in our minds as one of the best hotel experiences we've ever had.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
Diana & Patrick
"Baymont stay and review"
First time stay at a Baymont establishment. Affordable, pleasant, clean, nice, quiet, cordial and helpful staff. Highly recommend this hotel to all. John Nasello
Other trip Apr 11, 2013
"Nice hotel in a small town."
This is a nice clean hotel. its has a nice pool with hot tub. the breakfast was good (it was premade french toast and waffles). Rooms had plenty of room to move around. Hotel is right next door to Harrah casino. My only issue is that there is no elevator, I have a hard time with stairs. I would stay again.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
"Can't beat it for the price!"
It suited it's purpose! A girlfriend of mine and I decided to go on a gambling girls weekend trip. It fit our needs perfectly. Room was clean comfortable, casino was right across the street. Breakfast was good... could have used some items other than breads more fruit and maybe some yogurt. Other than that it was great:-) will stay again on our next weekend getaway!
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
"Worn down"
They put us up in a suite on the 2nd floor that was absolutly falling apart. They moved us to a different suite right underneath that one on the first floor. It wasnt as bad, but they definitely need a remodel job.
1 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2013
We stayed in a King Suite with a whirlpool in the room. It was great. The room was very clean, the staff was very friendly. We will most definitely stay here again. We were super pleased.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2013