All hotels in Coopersville, Michigan, United States of America
1040 O'Malley Drive, Coopersville, MI, 49404, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Clean hotel with the polite staff."
Hotel is a good condition. It is close to the highway and has a lot of fast food places right next to it. It's the little things that prevent it from getting a full 5. AC seemed to have turned itself off occasionally, the waffles were turning out weird during the breakfast and there weren't any restaurants near by. Over all a pleasant stay, but nothing spectacular. Probably would stay again if traveling in that part of the state.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
We Stayed in room 211. The deadbolt lock would not work. Exterior doors would not close after entry, leaving access to anyone, even people who did not stay at the hotel. Beds were comfortable and clean. The rate was good. Nice Pool and Spa.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
One Nighter
"Ok"
Over prized
1 night trip Mar 21, 2013
Aleks
"Convenient Getaway"
We surprised our children with a one night getaway to the Rodeway Inn while we were in the area for a extended family event. Booking the room was fast and easy on Hotels.com. The service was excellent and accommodating considering it was the weekend of Daylight Savings Time. The pool area was chilly, be tolerable. The hot tub was refreshing.
1 night family trip Mar 9, 2013
SLM
"Cheap but OK."
I'm tall so I noticed the dust on top of the TV cabinet. Pillows were flat, not fluffy. I checked for bedbugs, as I do in all hotels and found food crumbs between the matresses ( no bedbugs, whew). Had to oa keep adjusting the thermostat. Beakfast was limited but again, ok. I got what I paid for and thats OK.
Other trip Mar 13, 2013
"Sufficient"
The hotel was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast left alot to be desired. Only cold cereal, grocery store donuts and a waffle maker. We needed a place to sleep and it fit the bill. Not alot of choices around that area. Didn't use the pool, but it looked clean.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2013
Mr. & Mrs.
"nice room, great location."
The rooms are nice and clean, comfortable beds. We just needed a place to spend the night only...so it was great.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2013
Cathy
"Rodeway-Coopersville"
Very outdated and kinda had an odor. But it is ok for being the only hotel near Ravenna where we attended a wedding.
Other trip Nov 12, 2012
"Clean and comfortable"
The room was clean and comfortable. It was perfect for a quick over night stay on the way home.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2012
"College visit"
The hotel was older but clean. It is very close to Grand Valley State University. The continental breakfast included cereal, doughnuts, bagels, waffles, juice and milk which was better than we anticipated. We did not use the pool or hot tub but saw others using the facility and they appeared clean and well maintained.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
"Good hotel for family."
Was very happy with this hotel. Rooms were very clean and the staff was pleasant. Very easy to get to from the exit. Seems like a very nice town. Would stay there again if I'm back in the area. About 20 miles away from Michigan Adventure.Much cheaper than anything right in Muskegon.
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
"Costly for what you get."
Need to have a longer shower curtain. In the not to distant they may have water leaks into the floors below. I also felt the room was a little on the costly side, since I checked in late(2:00).
Other trip Sep 3, 2012
"Good hotel for Michigan's Adventures"
I think it's a really nice hotel. The pool and breakfast were both good. The staff is friendly and courteous. About 15 min. drive to Michigan's Adventure in Muskegon. The only thing I don't like is the location because you can only get on the highway in one direction. If you want to go west, you need to get on the highway going east and turn around at the next exit.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2012
Dorothy
"Great value"
Newly remodeled rooms, very nice. Great value comfortable and clean. Nice pool area. Breakfast is decent. Rooms need mini fridge, and a bit of a drive to Michigan's Adventure. Would definately stay again.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2012
Stacey N.

"ok for an overnight stay"
Was ok overall, but smell of nearby manure spreading was unpleasant.Ray
1 night trip Aug 7, 2013
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Rodeway Inn Coopersville

"Clean Sheets"
03/22/15 wheelswillroll Canton
The hotel is very outdated and has old, stained bedspreads. I stayed here out of convenience to a business function. However, drive the extra 20 minutes to stay in a hotel in Grand Rapids if you have to be in Coopersville overnight. The mattresses are old which means the beds are not comfortable. On a positive note, the people who own/run the hotel are nice and the room/bathroom is clean.
"Very disappointed"
02/25/15 hi6100
I stayed at this hotel after getting stuck in a snowstorm on 96. I checked in around 530 at night, and checked out by 4 o'clock the next morning. However, in my short stay we were able to use the pool area and relax in our room before setting out back into the snowstorm. First off, check in was a breeze. However the front desk clerk spoke English and could not answer simple questions about places in the area to eat. When arriving in the room, our room's wall paper was actually stapled to the wall in some places. There was human hair (not ours!) in the bed between sheets, and water stains on small areas of the ceiling. Secondly, when we went to use the pool, it was absolutely freezing. It was supposedly heated, however it was very cold, only one of my four kids could actually get in for a few minutes. The hot tub was ok, but my children developed a rash later that day, which I blame on the water. I left in a hurry trying to beat the storm, and accidentally left my cooler behind. I called the hotel within an hour of leaving and asked if they could just leave my cooler outside the building possibly outside the fenced in courtyard next to the pool area (I was heading home in 48 hours and would pick it up then). They were kind enough to agree, and I took their word that they would do so. Well, on my way home, we stopped at the hotel to pick up my cooler, and the kid at the front desk gave us a key to the room. Not a thing had been cleaned or changed since we left. The towels from the pool were still piled on the bathroom, sheets and bedding was left just as we had left it. NOTHING HAD BEEN CLEANED! and that is again, two days after we checked out! Even if I am stuck in a snow storm, I will NOT be staying here agin. I was thoroughly disappointed and alarmed and the cleanliness and quality of the hotel.
"Great room for the price."
01/22/15 Russ P Akron, Ohio
The room was comfortable, and convenient to where we usually go. there is a McDonalds and Arby's nearby, also a local breakfeast place nearby. this is a little town, so to have this Rodeway here is nice. The owners keep it clean and manage it well considering the cost of the stay. we have stayed here a few times and let our grandkids come and swim in the pool. we will stay again.
"Below Average"
10/04/14 AllStarMP
Front desk staff seemed disorganized and confused at check in. Room was barely clean (stains on the wall). TV channels are limited but Wifi works well. Beds and pillows are uncomfortable. Shower is old but comfortable, towels are very old and scratchy.
"Confusion "
09/22/14 Adam V Allendale
Wow! So much confusion over the simplest things. I had made a reservation through my hotel rewards program. I got a confirmation number. The rim I reserved was for a guy I work with who could not afford the stay. I paid, used my rewards number with a confirmation number and they still could not find my reservation. It was like they weren't even trained on how to use the computer system at the hotel. I got a call at 11:00pm from my employee saying the hotel can't get him a room. I really don't understand how it can be so difficult. They were clueless. I have found another place for me and my employees.
"hard to find reservations"
09/01/14 indianaNurse10 indiana
Hotel was average. Over-priced-$108 for one double bed. Room small. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet and actually better than what had thought it might be. (first time staying at rodeway inn).
"A place to sleep"
08/24/14 Ashley S Lansing, Michigan, United States
For the $100 we paid for the night, this hotel was not worth the value. Easy access off the highway. To get onto the highway headed west, it is a few miles out of town. Slightly inconvenient as there were no signs stating where the highway on ramp was located until u get to a round about further into town. The hotel is very esthetically pleasing from the outside. Inside the rooms are very outdated. The beds are hard as a rock. Our tv was extremely fuzzy which led us to believe the hotel was using boot-legged cable. The culprit was a faulty cord. We mentioned this to the front desk and they said they would check into it and never seemed to. My husband fixed the wiring himself. The pool was kept very warm (which I loved) However, it was filthy. Scum located all around the rim of both the pool and hot tub. So thick people had scraped their names or clean me. The hot tub wasn't any warmer than the pool and once the jets shut off I noticed multiple bugs floated to the top. Breakfast was typical and I have learned to bring my own food as a result. Which is sad since I am paying to be able to enjoy continental breakfast. Contrary to belief, some people eat healthy and enjoy doing so and prefer not to eat sugary, carb loaded bagels, doughnuts, cereal or waffles. The above being stated. I'm sure my family and I will not be staying here again
"Poor customer service"
07/21/14 musgroves Northwest Indiana
We stayed at this location last year and things were fine. This past weekend was not. I had two rooms for one night for a total of $252.70. Upon arrival the front desk attendant was not at all friendly or welcoming. The room was okay but there was no refrigerator in the room (there was one in our room last year). My husband is on a medication that needs to be refrigerated so that created a problem. I went to get ice to make an icepack for it and the ice machine did not work. I went to the front desk to see if they have another machine.. They did not. The attendant had me stand there and wait for her to finish mopping the floor before she went to check the machine. I told her our situation and she said she was going to call her manager and let me know. She called our room to say the manager said sorry, there are no rooms left with refrigerators and they would not bring in any bagged ice. I asked for the managers name that she spoke to but she said they are not allowed to give out the managers name... Are you kidding? I explained that we were on a motorcycle and it is not easy to carry a bag of ice on a motorcycle but they did not care. I would have checked out if there was another hotel with availability but there was not. We will not return due to the poor customer service.
"Never Again"
07/08/14 st48910 Lansing, Michigan
After paying 140.00 I expected a decent atmosphere. Walking into the room I immediately saw double beds and was a little disappointed. The chair for the desk was filthy, had stains all over it. I pulled the sheets back to check for any bugs after reading reviews but the sheets were ok. The next day when I got home, over 30 bites appeared on my arms and side. When we called a woman just kept saying no, no. It seems as if my call was totally disregarded. Never will I go back there. I had to wear long sleeves when I went back to work because I work at a dental office and these bites look hideous.#feeling miserable
"WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!!!!!"
09/09/13 Ackley72 Holt, Michigan
When we arrived and opened our doors, we were greeted with the awful smell of the landfill located VERY nearby. The front desk clerk could barely speak english. As we entered the outside door to go to our room, we noticed a bunch of broken chairs and old TV's piled up under the stairway. As we entered our hallway the window at the end of the hallway was open so the smell from the dump permeated in. There was also a huge hole cut in the screen of the window (how nice to let all the bugs inside). In our room, the lounge chair had what appeared to be brownie crumbs all over it. The toilet paper had not been filled (none left on the roll). The TV amoire appeared not to have been dusted in a very long time and our fridgerator smelled of mold. AND to top it off, the hotel lost power for 4 hours in the middle of the night. I checked for bed bugs after reading previous reviews. I did not eat at the continental breakfast bar due to unclean areas. So save your money, pay $20 more and stay in a nice place that gets cleaned on a regular basis. DISGUSTING HOTEL!!