All hotels in Coopersville, Michigan, United States of America
1040 O'Malley Drive, Coopersville, MI, 49404, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Good internet service
    Great pool
    Clean
    Service is adequate
    Uncomfortable
"Cheap but clean enough"
The room was what we paid for, the staff was nice. But, the mattress was like sleeping on a brick and the hallways smelled like cigarette smoke. The sheets did not fit the bed, ewww! But, if you're looking for cheap only, the staff was friendly and it was clean enough!
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
sheal
"Away Soccer Tournament"
The overall stay was not bad. I took my soccer team up to play in a tournament and we booked a few rooms. We stayed for 2 nights. We were looking for a cheap place to stay since we had to pay for travel and for the tournament. The hotel was pretty dirty and one of our rooms smelled like smoke even though it was a smoke free hotel. Overall the experience was what we had expected, a cheaper hotel that we were able to just get by in; nothing was extravagant but it was not a disappointment either.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"convention get a way"
The bathroom toliets were worn, rocked and in general old. Thought we were to have a refrigerator and microwave but neither of the 2 rooms did. It was a convient location for us. Our rooms were located at top of the second floor staircase and made it noisy. Did have problem with loud noises from other guest in the hallway until 3am. Did call the front desk to complain but only able to leave a recording. Breakfast was disappointing. No fresh fruit and bakery items were old and stale tasting.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"Good hotel for the money"
We stayed just one night when my son played basketball at GVSU. The pool and outside patio was nice and the pub we ate at was only minutes away from the hotel. We couldn't get out devices to hook up to the Wifi and the rooms were small. But, the value for the price was good and the room fit our needs. If you are only staying briefly I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
"Amenities"
Your listing showed microwave and refrigerator included. Our room had neither. Also, while the inn was not very crowded we were put in a second floor room. Seeing as how both my wife and i are seniors it would have been easier on us if we had a ground floor room.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2013
"Met our needs perfectly"
We needed a place to stay with close proximity to GVSU. We arrived late, left early - so all we needed was a clean place to sleep, and this Inn satisfied our requirements perfectly. Easy access from I-96, and about a 10-12 minute easy and direct drive to GVSU.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2013
"Clean hotel with the polite staff."
Hotel is a good condition. It is close to the highway and has a lot of fast food places right next to it. It's the little things that prevent it from getting a full 5. AC seemed to have turned itself off occasionally, the waffles were turning out weird during the breakfast and there weren't any restaurants near by. Over all a pleasant stay, but nothing spectacular. Probably would stay again if traveling in that part of the state.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
We Stayed in room 211. The deadbolt lock would not work. Exterior doors would not close after entry, leaving access to anyone, even people who did not stay at the hotel. Beds were comfortable and clean. The rate was good. Nice Pool and Spa.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
One Nighter
"Ok"
Over prized
1 night trip Mar 21, 2013
Aleks
"Convenient Getaway"
We surprised our children with a one night getaway to the Rodeway Inn while we were in the area for a extended family event. Booking the room was fast and easy on Hotels.com. The service was excellent and accommodating considering it was the weekend of Daylight Savings Time. The pool area was chilly, be tolerable. The hot tub was refreshing.
1 night family trip Mar 9, 2013
SLM
"Cheap but OK."
I'm tall so I noticed the dust on top of the TV cabinet. Pillows were flat, not fluffy. I checked for bedbugs, as I do in all hotels and found food crumbs between the matresses ( no bedbugs, whew). Had to oa keep adjusting the thermostat. Beakfast was limited but again, ok. I got what I paid for and thats OK.
Other trip Mar 13, 2013
"Sufficient"
The hotel was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast left alot to be desired. Only cold cereal, grocery store donuts and a waffle maker. We needed a place to sleep and it fit the bill. Not alot of choices around that area. Didn't use the pool, but it looked clean.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2013
Mr. & Mrs.

"ok for an overnight stay"
Was ok overall, but smell of nearby manure spreading was unpleasant.Ray
1 night trip Aug 7, 2013
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Chrissypoo
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Rodeway Inn Coopersville

"Visited family / will look elsewhere next time"
01/08/16 Connie B
The room didn't have enough power outlets. They had light fixture, microwave, and refrigerator all together with a 2 prong outlet. So one of those mentioned appliances would be unplugged at any given time and one unplugged to use other appliances. Toilet and drainage of sink was slow to drain. Very slow. Contacted staff about snow/ice outside where parked. Not shoveled and very slippery. Staff said maintenance would be notified in am to shovel and clear. Was never done in am. Just glad no one slipped & fell. Pool was too cold to enter. Staff said it was drained a week ago and hadn't got up to temperature yet. Whirlpool was disgusting! Water stunk and was strange color, almost like all water color. At least it was warm though. Will likely never return in the future. Beds were comfy. Didn't see any signs of bed bugs.
"Nice economical place to stay in the "Hot Summer Vacation" season."
12/02/15 courtlandc798
I was a business traveler who stays 4 nights a week for several months while I work. I worked in Grand Haven, MI area and the summer rates for any hotel there or just North, rise to double or triple the off season rates. The Roadway gave me a great price, and offered things like a pool, hot tub, and a good WiFi connection you don't always find at the budget places. The only downside was the 18 mile drive to work every day. The area is a little outside the Coopersville downtown, but there are plenty of fast food places, and some small shopping centers. I think this is the only hotel in Coopersville, and is very friendly to truckers and other business travelers who work in the area. The staff there is a bit minimal, but they do manage to keep the place up. They have a few maintenance issues, but it won't bother most people. The owners make small improvements, and have some other larger improvement plans in the off season. Not many hotels near the lake will meet this price/value during the summer.
"Safe location"
10/15/15 Janice L
Sits in a nice area without having to go through Grand Rapids. Facility was clean and I felt safe as a single woman traveling through late at night. Only complaint I have was poor mattress support and the walls are thin enough to hear the water running from other rooms. The price was fair for a quick overnight stay, and the quote found on the internet did not increase without a reservation. I will stay here again my next visit through Grand Rapids.
"Great price"
08/30/15 DareU2Move Bloomington, Illinois
This was a no-frills hotel, but we booked through Hotels.com and got a great rate. You get what you pay for, but it was a clean(ish) place to sleep. The television in our room made a buzzing noise every other channel, and we called down to the front desk about it and they offered to move us to another room. We would stay here again on our next trip to Grand Haven just because it's much more affordable then staying there.
"Clean Sheets"
03/22/15 wheelswillroll Canton
The hotel is very outdated and has old, stained bedspreads. I stayed here out of convenience to a business function. However, drive the extra 20 minutes to stay in a hotel in Grand Rapids if you have to be in Coopersville overnight. The mattresses are old which means the beds are not comfortable. On a positive note, the people who own/run the hotel are nice and the room/bathroom is clean.
"Very disappointed"
02/25/15 hi6100
I stayed at this hotel after getting stuck in a snowstorm on 96. I checked in around 530 at night, and checked out by 4 o'clock the next morning. However, in my short stay we were able to use the pool area and relax in our room before setting out back into the snowstorm. First off, check in was a breeze. However the front desk clerk spoke English and could not answer simple questions about places in the area to eat. When arriving in the room, our room's wall paper was actually stapled to the wall in some places. There was human hair (not ours!) in the bed between sheets, and water stains on small areas of the ceiling. Secondly, when we went to use the pool, it was absolutely freezing. It was supposedly heated, however it was very cold, only one of my four kids could actually get in for a few minutes. The hot tub was ok, but my children developed a rash later that day, which I blame on the water. I left in a hurry trying to beat the storm, and accidentally left my cooler behind. I called the hotel within an hour of leaving and asked if they could just leave my cooler outside the building possibly outside the fenced in courtyard next to the pool area (I was heading home in 48 hours and would pick it up then). They were kind enough to agree, and I took their word that they would do so. Well, on my way home, we stopped at the hotel to pick up my cooler, and the kid at the front desk gave us a key to the room. Not a thing had been cleaned or changed since we left. The towels from the pool were still piled on the bathroom, sheets and bedding was left just as we had left it. NOTHING HAD BEEN CLEANED! and that is again, two days after we checked out! Even if I am stuck in a snow storm, I will NOT be staying here agin. I was thoroughly disappointed and alarmed and the cleanliness and quality of the hotel.
"Great room for the price."
01/22/15 Russ P Akron, Ohio
The room was comfortable, and convenient to where we usually go. there is a McDonalds and Arby's nearby, also a local breakfeast place nearby. this is a little town, so to have this Rodeway here is nice. The owners keep it clean and manage it well considering the cost of the stay. we have stayed here a few times and let our grandkids come and swim in the pool. we will stay again.
"Below Average"
10/04/14 AllStarMP
Front desk staff seemed disorganized and confused at check in. Room was barely clean (stains on the wall). TV channels are limited but Wifi works well. Beds and pillows are uncomfortable. Shower is old but comfortable, towels are very old and scratchy.
"Confusion "
09/22/14 Adam V Allendale
Wow! So much confusion over the simplest things. I had made a reservation through my hotel rewards program. I got a confirmation number. The rim I reserved was for a guy I work with who could not afford the stay. I paid, used my rewards number with a confirmation number and they still could not find my reservation. It was like they weren't even trained on how to use the computer system at the hotel. I got a call at 11:00pm from my employee saying the hotel can't get him a room. I really don't understand how it can be so difficult. They were clueless. I have found another place for me and my employees.
"hard to find reservations"
09/01/14 indianaNurse10 indiana
Hotel was average. Over-priced-$108 for one double bed. Room small. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet and actually better than what had thought it might be. (first time staying at rodeway inn).