All hotels in Gateshead, England, United Kingdom

Comfortable stay in a location that has easy access from the A1, is close to the Metro Centre shops and only a short drive to the centre of Newcastle
2 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
T J
Have stayed here a number of times, great place for shopping at the Metro. Staff are lovely. Looking forward to our next visit
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Everything from check in to check out ran smoothly. Room clean and spacious with a big king size bed. One down side was that outside our hotel door for most of our stay was a huge pile of dirty crockery and numerous empty spirit bottles and glasses from previous occupants. Didn't get moved until late on the evening when we were in bed, although we didn't hear anything.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"average hotel close to Newcastle"
The hotel is well situated for access to Newcastle and the Metrocentre. Considering we had an executive room, there was a crack in the sink and a particularly noisy generator, presumably on the roof, during the night. Restaurant staff were very courteous and friendly although inexperienced. The A La Carte menu was pretty limited.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
D Wren

"Old hotel in a retail outlet area"
Short stay. I wouldn't come back for 2 reasons: 1) location, 2) hotel is old The room was clean and tidy but feels outdated
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
Ahmed
"A little disappointing for a top hotel brand"
For what is supposed to be a top hotel brand was very disappointed in three aspects of what it had to offer: 1. No refrigerator - cannot understand this, besides wanting to have cold drinks in our room, I am a diabetic and I need to store my insulin in a fridge. On this occasion I had a cold bag with me that lasted 60 hours, so I was able to cope, but I would not look to stay here for any longer period in future visits because it cannot cater for my needs. 2. Breakfasts absolutely excellent, catered for everything, but evening meal chice was very limited, and having eaten there one evening, made sure we ate elsewhere after that. 3. Bed was awful, far too soft, that made it difficult to get comfortable and get a good night's sleep.
2 night business trip Jul 9, 2015
"Service plus plus"
Fantastic team at the Marriott Gateshead. We arrived early - no problem. Our booking had mysteriously doubled - no problem - have a complimentary Starbucks coffee and WE will sort it for you. You want poached eggs - yes and more coffee? Larger pot? Best I have experienced and we felt truly at the heart of what the hotel wanted to be. Oh and the other hotel stuff was great too!
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
Melanie
"Buisiness trip"
Overall not a bad hotel and very close to the Metrocentre. However if your a light sleeper you might find the paper thin walls a bit of an issue as you can hear the TV and any movements from the rooms either side of you.
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
"Very Good for Gateshead"
I have just driven back to London having stayed one night at the MetroCentre Marriot and if like me you are travelling by car you will be hard-pressed to find anything as good in the north-east. When I say "as good" I mean a combination of "PPLS" Price Property Location Service, 4 things I consider when choosing a hotel. I paid £89 for an executive room. The property has been built with American size bedrooms and I like my space. The location is excellent for ease of access and I love the stress Free Parking! The service is better than average. I note what others have said about the over soft mattresses and I also prefer a firm orthopaedic style mattress that appears to be the norm in modern hotels but I had a good nights sleep in room 429 recommended and reserved for me by the reliable front desk receptionist Mohamed. I called ahead to say that I would like a quiet room well away from the lifts on a high floor. I must say he delivered and I had a good nights sleep as a result. If you are a Marriott Rewards Member (you can sign up on the day) you get towel robe, complimentary bedroom slippers and I believe upgraded amenities in the bathroom and most importantly for all you fussy irritable communication desperate travellers "Free Wi-Fi".
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
"A Pleasant Stay"
Hotel has attractive clean rooms. It is well situated being walking distance to the MetroCentre and located just off the A1. The English breakfast is good but pricey. Internet access is at a cost. Have stayed here before and will definitely stay again at the hotel if in the area.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"Would stay again next time in Newcastle."
Very good hotel for business stay or a short weekend away. Leisure facilities very good. Close to city and main A1.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
"The best in the North East"
Enjoyed every minutes. Thanks to all the staff who made it comfortable
2 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
Medhat
Excllent though room could be made better with a minibar/fridge to keep in cold drinks when warm.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"Nice gym"
Great gym with lots of kit. Comfy rooms - but the choice of TV channels is very poor. Plenty of choices outside the hotel for places to eat.
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
"Generally Excellent"
Generally excellent, only negative was that we experienced odd noises which delayed us getting to sleep. Seemed good pool/spa but we didn't use.
3 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
"Good Hotel and handy for the shoppers"
Really enjoyed the Marriot. plenty buses into Newcaste if you fancy it. No. 43,45,46. any will take you there.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"anniversary treat"
Stayed for one night as a treat for us both was awesome lovely time and service outstanding
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
ALAN
"very nice and modern hotel"
great stay good location to shopping centre . breakfast very nice . rooms very large
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
martin
"Great hotel near the Metro Centre"
Had a great overnight stay. Took my mother as a treat for her birthday, and the staff could not have been more helpful and attentive.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Jan
"Review"
Good stay. Great facilities although the design of the pool is a little peculiar
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
Carl
"Good quality hotel...... beware the price of wine."
Lovely big room with trouser press, ice bucket & even takeaway cups. Really helpful & friendly staff and for the price paid an excellant choice. However, £9 for a large wine is probably the dearest i have ever paid in my life...... absolute extortion.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Great hotel."
Great Hotel, really friendly staff, very professional, we had a great time. Would always use this hotel when visiting Gateshead/Newcastle
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
We stayed in a twin room with 2 queen size beds which were very comfortable, the room was very clean and the facilities were great. Would recommend.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Excellent stay . Visiting family from abroad, near Newcastle Airport.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
tante Monica
Great friendly staff, comfy bed and good food. Thanks
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
"Excellent all round"
Very comfortable - excellent all round
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
Andy
"Fantastic hotel"
Stayed for one night midweek on a business trip. Great location, especially if travelling alone with the shopping center open until 9pm, cinema etc.... With a top class fitness club, swimming pool, great food, helpful efficient staff and luxurious and comfortable rooms, free wifi..... i really couldn't fault the Marriot. In the past i've opted to saved a few quid by staying at slightly cheaper hotels - no more however - taking in to account the free wifi, parking, great breakfast, i would have been happy to have paid more - well done Marriot, i will certainly staying with you whenever i have the opportunity :)
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Jonathan
"Excellent stay"
Excellent stay, great service & very helpful, knowlegable staff.
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
"Like sleeping in a sauna"
Room was extremely hot the whole stay, after complaining 3 times about the A/C not working the hotel did nothing. I had to ask for a fan in the room in the end. Room service arrived late and was cold, thankfully the hot room helped reheat the food. Staff not very accommodating, was also miss-informed about opening times of the hotel bar. On a positive, it was a big room and modern bathroom with large bath.
Response by Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel Metrocentre
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at the Marriott MetroCentre hotel. Please accept my unreserved apologies fo rthe incovneninence this caused you. Your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team to prevent any recurrence in the future. Warm regards
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Nice hotel, old uncomfortable bed."
This hotel is in a great location and is reasonably priced. The rooms are large and spacious with reasonable quality fittings. However the beds did seem to have seen better days and were sunken towards the middle, suggesting they were past their best. I have stayed here before and did not experience this problem so it may be that it was just this particular room? Anyhow, it would not stop me staying here again but I would insist on being moved to another room if I found the bed to be unsatisfactory.
Response by Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel Metrocentre
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Marriott MetroCentre hotel. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team to prevent any recurrence. Warm regards Ajith
1 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
Phil
"Friendly and welcoming"
From the moment we arrived the staff were curtious and friendly, they were more than willing to be helpful in making our stay more pleasant, would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to gateshead /Newcastle.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
gordon
"Best Marriott available."
Wonderful stay, very soft beds. Quiet Air -Con windows opened & the staff were great.
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
C A
"Marriot Metro Centre Stay"
Ideal for visiting Metro Centre.
2 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
Ewan
"comfortable, friendly hotel next to the metro."
Clean,comfortable,friendly hotel. Good for shopping at the Metro centre relaxing afterwards. Excellent gym, steam room, sauna. Will be staying again.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Eileen
Great hotel, shame it's only bar menu available, which is very limited, unless you want to eat in your room then you can get steak.
2 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
mark
"Lovely hotel, close to metro centre for shopping"
Would definitely stay there again. Stay was planned to visit relatives and to attend concert. Enjoyed our stay
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"Everything you need"
Good location. Spacious clean rooms. Wonderful choice of breakfast. Superb
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
Ian
"short stay for Xmas shopping trip"
Xmas shopping trip with a relaxing stay in this beautiful and friendly hotel.staff were excellent and service top class will definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
ALAN
The hotel was big the rooms were a great size. Queen size bed and a sofa. The only let down the shower was in the bath.
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
Brilliant. Can recommend this hotel
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Judith
"Christmas shopping trip"
Great hotel, ideal for metro centre shopping, would recommend to others and will be staying again to
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"Extremely friendly staff"
The hotel is not exactly in Gateshead its out town on an industrial shopping complex. All the same it suited my needs as it wasn't full of raging stage and hen parties like most city centre hotels of a weekend. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. It was a nice change to use a gym that played low key background music and not some tunnels techno racket at 104db. free parking was a bonus and the breakfast was of a very high standard.
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
John McGee
"Fantastic"
It was fantastic. The staff were lovely with my toddler, even gave him biscuits for his morning snack. Thank you
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
louise
"Luxury break close to town"
We stayed here for two nights and were able to see all we had planned in Newcastle and Gateshead. Executive room was huge, lovely bed and bathroom and free wi-fi etc.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Ratbag
"My stay in hotel"
Was here last year, hotel was nice only problem was the same as last year got put in an adjoining room and as next ro were going on night out noise was ott made worse by adjoining room
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Lorraine
"Clean, comfortable and an excellent health club"
We were in Newcastle for the Great North Run. The hotel is just a couple of minutes walk to the Metro Centre and Restaurants. Despite being so close to everything we found the hotel to be very quiet. Staff very efficient and the rooms spotlessly clean.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
annie b
"Comfortable room, nice gym, close to Shops."
Good location to visit the shops, and local restaurants. Very comfortable room, free wifi and nice facilities including gym. Air con did not work very well in our room so it was a bit warm though. Happy to return if we visit the area again.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Had a lovely night at this hotel staff were friendly hotel was clean only thing was the jacuzzi bath never worked in our room so this let it down abit for me but overall I would recommend this hotel for a lovely relaxing stay
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
"LOVELY HOTEL"
The only downside was the price of food and drink but with the location you dont need to go far to find plenty of other options to get a bit of grub and a drink. The hotel was lovely so no complaints their.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Awesome"
This is our second stay in 6 months. Spent 3 fantastic nights with my wife and two daughters in their early 20's. The staff is very friendly - Nikki Graham at reception is aways great. The surrounding area is composed of a mega shopping and tranquil grounds. Highly recommended. Will be going back soon.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2014