All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
2 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beautiful old world hotel. Good location."
Very enjoyable.
2 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
Very stately old building, nice room, decent amenities. It took hours for a delivery to arrive that I had told them had arrived hours earlier.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Perfect hotel In the heart of financial district."
I was happy with the accommodations. However as a Expedia perks member I didn't get any upgrades or ability to add the room stay on my SPG profile. They are undergoing renovations.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Hestia
"Classic and very centrally located"
The Pied Piper bar is great. good energy and fun. We have been coming to stay at the Palace for almost 20 years. It has never failed.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Alfred
"Great staff!"
Every staff in each area was courteous & professional. There was some minor inconvenience due to renovation but my experience with all staff more than made up for it!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Absolutely stunning hotel with history. Recommend highly to anyone staying in San Fran.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Highly recommended"
My family a great time at the Palace Hotel. Great location, courteous service and stunning one of a kind hotel. The rooms could use some updating but that's part of the charm of this historic property.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"Palace at Christmas"
I love staying at the Palace during Christmas it has become a tradition. Which I will continue to do. Love the location and love the old time Hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Great hotel in the middle of the city!!"
This hotel is an amazing experience by its self. Historically fascinating and every room has a beautiful view of San Francisco. A absolute must see is the bar in the hotel, it has a old school feeling and is very charming atmosphere.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Why are they going to a modern decor???"
My daughters birthday and we go to SF every year to shop. The hotel staff was so friendly. Love that they are redecorating but wish they had kept with the theme of this old hotel--modern just doesn't work. Hate to see what they are going to do with the lobby. Otherwise, we had a great time--the location is perfect for shopping.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"Beautiful, but costly!"
I had to order room service one evening because the restaurant was full. I ordered a bowl of onion soup, one appetizer and an $8 glass of wine.....$52!!!! Other than that shock, the hotel and staff were very nice. Will probably not stay there again, because I feel I get better value for my dollar with my Hilton's.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Nice hotel in an excellent downtown location. The hotel has a great nostalgic vibe of the early days in San Francisco. Quality of the rooms is good, very nice beds. Service was excellent and staff was very attentive. Easy to walk to lots of shopping, restaurants, and emberkadero. Only downside of Market Street is all the homeless people that are literally sleeping everywhere, which gives the area a trashy image. Not much the hotel can do about this, but you deal with it every time to step out in the streets.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Anton
"Historical and luxurious"
When you walk through the doors into the Palace you feel like you've stepped back into the Gilded Age. Although the original Palace burned down after the 1906 earthquake and this one dates to 1909, it still has the feel of a grand hotel from the 1800s. The ambiance is balanced by the fact that the hotel is completely modern. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Bathrooms are well laid out with accessible tubs. The Garden Court is spectacular. They've managed to balance keeping the hotel up-to-date without compromising the historical feel of the hotel.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Sile
"Palace"
Very friendly staff. Good location. Nice hotel!
3 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
Gerald
"Get the Palace on Hotel.com. Very expensive if not"
The first room that we were in was small, very high ceilings and 2 full beds. However, the sheers wouldn't close and the draperies wouldn't close. And the carpet was filthy with ground in dirt--couldn't get out with a vacuum. We stayed in the room one night and were moved to another room the next morning. A much larger room with a sofa and mini bar and a much larger bathroom. A very nice room. No complaints in that department. We were in SF for about 10 days and I had hoped that my daughter could stay one more night in that room (I had to go home) but they said that the price would be somewhere around $900. The normal rate for the room. So needless to say we found another hotel for her for the evening. The hotel is in the middle of renovation so fewer rooms were available than usual. The gym is in what must be a former guest room. My daughter used it--not much to say about it. The service in the hotel was really great. But unless you wanted to eat in the lovely and expensive tea room on the first floor you had to take room service. I believe that only breakfast and brunch was served in there. Room service food really good though. The hotel is in the middle of the financial district so it is quite empty outside at night.
9 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Elegant Hotel, Great Stay"
I really enjoyed my stay; the rooms are not so modern but they are elegant and comfortable and the staff was very accommodating and friendly. The only thing was that there is a $15 fee for WiFi, which given the price of the hotel you'd think it would be included. Other than that no complaints!
3 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
Rebecca
"WATCH YOUR LUGGAGE!!! TAKE YOURSELF"
WE LEFT OUR BELONGINS WITH STAFF TO BRING TO OUR ROOM. EVIDENTLY THEY WERE BACKED UP AND NOBODY WAS WATCHING OUR LUGGAGE BECAUSE WE HAD A BAG STOLEN. NOT JUST US BUT OTHER CUSTOMERS AS WELL GOT THEIR BELONGINGS STOLEN. HOTEL TOOK LONG TIME GETTING BACK TO US. THEY SAW MAN TAKING LUGGAGE ON THEIR FOOTAGE TAPES. NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED. HOTEL NEVER FOLLOWED UP
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Fancy ladies night!"
My sister and I booked the room to celebrate our mom's 60th bday. We had an evening of fun booked in the city... not only was this hotel's location perfect for downtown affairs, but it was sooo beautiful! We drank champagne in the beautiful room and were greeted with lovely hotel staff every step of the way. A definite winner!
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Wendy
"Fun holiday"
We had a great time with the on off bus and the location of the hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and hotel was beautiful. The only problem was the room is a little on the small side but other than that it was beautiful.
3 night trip with friends Jan 6, 2015
Rosemary
Hotel staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"Some Disappointments"
I have stayed in this hotel previously and had a great experience. However, on this visit our room was in a different part of the hotel with very small, fairly unadorned rooms. We could hear every noise made by the neighbors, including the screaming kids several rooms away. I'm sorry, but it did not make for a pleasant experience.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Amazing...."
I loved staying at this hotel. The ceilings are beautiful!!!! I was amazed at the grandness of the hotel.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Dina
"It was ok"
We were put in a room which faced a building under construction. Our request for moving us to a different street was not honored. The double bed was too small for us to fit two people. The location of the hotel is quite nice, quite close to BART and union square and all shopping.
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"New Years Excursion"
Great location to spend New Years.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Disappointed from Sheraton group"
I'm very disappointed for my trip because of this Hotel. I can't believe the bellmen passed my luggage to wrong customer, this is Sheraton and the security guy told me this was never happen before and seems like I lied to him. Fortunately they can exchanged my luggage back with other customer and sent back to me, but this is still can't acceptable for this mistakes.
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Cynthia
We stayed at The Palace Hotel because we decided to drive to San Francisco a day earlier than anticipated and we could only secure 1 night at this hotel but the room was beautiful and the internet worked flawlessly.This is a really nice hotel where you feel as though you stepped back in time but with modern conveniences. It was a great stay and we wish we could have stayed longer
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2014
"New Year's Eve at the Palace in San Francisco"
We had a great night, despite the protesters in the streets outside the hotel - our room was great, room service was fast and very good quality food, and the location was perfect for a quick trip down to the waterfront...the Palace Hotel is one of those places you have to experience in person to really get a sense of the beauty and grandeur of the building...we also highly recommend the Pied Piper Bar/Grill!
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Jeffry
"Elegant classic hotel"
Room is fairly spacious, and it is very well kept up. The bed is very comfortable, and everything was to satisfactory.
2 night trip with friends Dec 25, 2014
"Perfect Holiday Getaway!"
Beautiful hotel filled with gorgeous holiday decor, lovely pianist, with Ghirardelli ice cream shoppe! Room was meticulously maintained. I look forward to my next stay.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Room and hotel were very nice, lots of noise with door slamming in the night and early morning. Our telephone in the room didn't work and we asked for toothbrushes but never received them. In the restaurant, a waiter told us that breakfast was over then another waitress came over and said that we could still order breakfast. First waiter was quite rude.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Leonardo
"great christmas getaway"
From the moment the bellman met us to the moment we checked out the staff fulfilled our every request. They were courteous and very accommodating. The hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas and put us in a very festive mood.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
loretta
"The amazing Palace Hotel"
This hotel (particularly at Christmas ) is just stunning. My few complaints are 1) if Best Western, Travelodge can offer free WiFi, and their room rates are half what the Palace Hotel is, why do they charge $29 PER DAY for in-room internet WiFi?? 2) again with the aforementioned places, why does the Palace Hotel not offer coffee in morning to its guests???
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Family Christmas Vacation."
Beautiful hotel but the rooms do need some updating. Their was paint peeling from the ceiling in the entrance to the room. The front desk did acknowledge that they did plan to do renovation in the near future. However, I would stay here again!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Donald
"Christmas in San Francisco!"
Amazing hotel, great location with easy access to the vintage trollies and BART. Beautiful dinning room, great food. Met my 3 beautiful daughters there for our Christmas celebration.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
J. John
"Caring and comfort"
Had to rest after a minor medical procedure and was able to turn an otherwise unpleasant experience into a nice memory. The room was so comfortable and the service was great. Best room service food I ever had. Everyone was so nice and accommodating. And the place was just so beautifully decorated for Christmas.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Iris
"Hotel Elegance"
The hotel is lovely and unique due to its history. Would not change anything. We do not need anymore modern hotels. Convenient taking the Bart to the hotel. Close to Union Square and 101 Embarcadero. Staff was very curteous and helpful as where and what to do. Recommended very good restaurants. Would definitely come back Do not change its personality.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Diana
"First Time Stay"
The Palace was wonderful. The only hang-up was all of the refurbishment that was going on while we were there. But other than that, it was very nice and the entire staff was super friendly. Definitely coming back.
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
"Beautiful hotel in downtown SF"
Everything was perfect and the hotel is really beautiful
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
claudio
"Great elegant hotel"
It's a great location easy to get to everything. Hotel room is a bit small and bathroom and carpet are a bit worn out. Very good service and they do what it takes to make guest comfortable.
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Irene
"Great Christmas experience for the family"
Great Christmas experience for the family. Just an awesome historical setting. Huge tree in the main gallary. Maxfield's is a nice bar built around a historic painting. Just nice! Close to all the holiday shopping you'd want to do
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"Palatial"
Gorgeous accommodations. HORRIBLE service in the Garden Court.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"Holiday Getaway"
Had an excellent stay. Nice dinner in the Pied Piper and a wonderful lunch in the Garden Court. Only disappointment was that the pool was closed for remodeling. It is a great lap pool. I will probably make this annual event.
1 night trip Dec 19, 2014
Toni
"Great staff eagerly waiting their hotel remodel"
Hotel is in the middle of getting ready for a remodel. Wait to come here, after May of next year 2015 for the new rooms and then I can rate it a 5. They worked hard to make us happy. Rooms are just dated and need the update for now.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Tonya
Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Grand hotel but stinky rooms!"
This is a beautiful, grand hotel centrally located to many San Fran hot spots. The main lobby is gorgeous with its atrium and architectural detail. The staff was courteous and friendly. I had read previous reviews mentioning that the rooms had a certain odor, but I decided to chance a stay at the Palace anyway. Upon checking in, I was provided with a room on the 4th floor and was immediately taken back by the odor in the room. It smelled like a chain smoker had just left the room. The internal phone system also seemed to be inoperable, as calls to the front desk, guest services, etc. requesting a room change were met with a busy signal. After schlepping my bags back down to the lobby, I was provided with a new room on the 8th floor. This room was better but also had an unpleasant odor. I couldn't tell if the carpets needed replaced or if the odor was HVAC-related. The hotel is so fabulous overall, it's a shame that room odor is still an issue.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Jen
"SF Classic Hotel"
Shopping wknd in SF
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Noelle
"Palace Hotel, SF"
The location was perfect and the staff very nice (the bellman were exceptionally nice). The bathroom floor looked dirty as did the carpet in the room. I almost called to see if we could switch rooms but decided not to bother.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"Scored with Palace Hotel"
Beautiful hotel with lots of history. Was a bit out of the way but staff was great with cabs.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Shawn
"very nice"
very nice stay at the palace. valet staff and front desk staff made first impression fantastic...Debbie(concierge)was terrific. She took the time from her duties to give us a private tour of the ballroom/public areas of the hotel and told us wonderful anecdotes of the property. This type of customer service is what makes for a memorable stay.
3 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
jason
"Enjoyed our stay."
Really enjoyed our stay. There were not much options for breakfast in the hotel the day we were checking out. Brunch in the main dining room didn't open until 11:00 and we needed to be on the road. Coffee shops are close by though. Rooms clean. Staff nice. Charming hotel. Neighborhood not our favorite but was ok.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014