All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Grand hotel but stinky rooms!"
This is a beautiful, grand hotel centrally located to many San Fran hot spots. The main lobby is gorgeous with its atrium and architectural detail. The staff was courteous and friendly. I had read previous reviews mentioning that the rooms had a certain odor, but I decided to chance a stay at the Palace anyway. Upon checking in, I was provided with a room on the 4th floor and was immediately taken back by the odor in the room. It smelled like a chain smoker had just left the room. The internal phone system also seemed to be inoperable, as calls to the front desk, guest services, etc. requesting a room change were met with a busy signal. After schlepping my bags back down to the lobby, I was provided with a new room on the 8th floor. This room was better but also had an unpleasant odor. I couldn't tell if the carpets needed replaced or if the odor was HVAC-related. The hotel is so fabulous overall, it's a shame that room odor is still an issue.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Jen
"SF Classic Hotel"
Shopping wknd in SF
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Noelle
"Palace Hotel, SF"
The location was perfect and the staff very nice (the bellman were exceptionally nice). The bathroom floor looked dirty as did the carpet in the room. I almost called to see if we could switch rooms but decided not to bother.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"Scored with Palace Hotel"
Beautiful hotel with lots of history. Was a bit out of the way but staff was great with cabs.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Shawn
"very nice"
very nice stay at the palace. valet staff and front desk staff made first impression fantastic...Debbie(concierge)was terrific. She took the time from her duties to give us a private tour of the ballroom/public areas of the hotel and told us wonderful anecdotes of the property. This type of customer service is what makes for a memorable stay.
3 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
jason
"Enjoyed our stay."
Really enjoyed our stay. There were not much options for breakfast in the hotel the day we were checking out. Brunch in the main dining room didn't open until 11:00 and we needed to be on the road. Coffee shops are close by though. Rooms clean. Staff nice. Charming hotel. Neighborhood not our favorite but was ok.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"fabulous and elegant"
A fabulous hotel. Courteous, friendly, and professional staff. Elegant. Only disappointment was that the pool and hot tub are under repair.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
David R
"Nice Hotel on Market Street."
Very nice upscale Hotel on Market street. The hotel staff didn't inform us on check in of the pool being under construction. There was no signs outside the pool indicating anything was wrong. Another guest informed us about the pool not being open.. We booked the hotel because of the pool. The room was excellent and clean and staff was good except for information on pool. I would stay here again. Just ask more questions when booking.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Great Property, Tiny dated rooms. Still great."
Amazing property but the rooms lagged in fit and finish for the level of the hotel. Everything was a bit on the older side. Still perfectly clean and nice, just not up to par for the grandeur of the hotel itself. Very small rooms as well.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"Even more than I expected!!"
Great Location, Historic Hotel with lots of Class. We really enjoyed our stay and found the hotel staff really friendly and wanting to please. Perfect location right off Market St, central to so many of the highlights of the city. Will stay again!!
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Francee
"Palace SF review"
The Palace is one of the great hotels in the country. It is classy and beautiful. The services was excellent.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
Marla
"Quickie getaway"
What a great hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
fred
"I love this hotel but I really missed the pool."
If I had known the pool was closed I would have stayed sonewhere else. This was by far my worst experience at this hotel due to a fire alarm when I was trying to nap (just unlucky) and an unfortunate situation at breakfast.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Jeanette
"Glad I Tried It!"
I had always wanted to try this hotel but didn't have a reason...so i made one up. Glad I did. The hotel is great! Refined furnishings, great room service, and VERY clean. The price was very reasonable and the hotel is so centrally located that you can get anywhere in the City with ease.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
This is my third time in San Francisco and my 2nd in this hotel. It's really nice!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Fernando
"Giants World Series 2014 Victory Parade!"
I've had this Hotel on my list if historic hotels to stay. What better time to do it than watching the 2014 World Series San Francisco Gians victory parade. Had front row view from the comfort of my luxurious room. Although I wished I was on the lower level floor. My fault, was too excited to think straight.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Elegant older hotel"
We were in San Francisco for a family wedding and stayed at the Palace during the weekend that the SF Giants were playing in the World Series. Our booking was last minute and the room rate was extremely high. The room was tiny and instead of a closet, had only a small wardrobe that was not adequate to hold our clothes and shoes. Don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel room that didn't have a closet. The bathroom had sufficient electrical outlets but the only outlets available in the sleeping area were lodged up under the desk and you had to crawl underneath on your hands and knees to get to them. The connection between the shower head and water pipe appeared to be stripped and the shower head just hung there loosely and could not be adjusted. I understand the laws of supply and demand but paying the price we had to pay for this room was unacceptable and just morally wrong. We had two additional rooms that were reserved earlier (with better pricing) for other members of the wedding party and their rooms were nicer and more in line with the price.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Jane
"nice trip"
first time visit to san Francisco, the palace is centrally located.
4 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
"Grand opulence"
We had a late arrival and they were sold out of the standard room we had booked so they graciously upgraded us to a beautiful suite which was amazing, and also extended our checkout. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean and amazingly impressive in its old world opulence. While expensive, it was comparable to other luxury hotels and worth every penny. We had a great stay and will definitely return.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Scott and Dave
"Great hotel, the best in SF"
Very nice hotel. good food, nice personal. very close to the airport, nice bar and friendly people.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Last minute booking"
I made a last minute booking and didn't rhink too much about it. Thankfully, I didn't need to. Everything was great from the convenient location to the friendly service.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2014
Christine
"Old World Charm in San Francisco, CA"
The Palace is a gorgeous hotel. Pure luxury & class define the overall feeling of the hotel. The rooms are very clean, but basic. Unless you spend the money for a suite, you'll find the rooms comfortable but no Wow factor. I'm a local who needed a room for 1 night for a party I was attending in the area that night & The Palace was it. Says a lot since I am well aware of most 4 star and up hotels in the city. The Sunday Brunch is a splurge but go for it! Incredible food served in the main ball room. Gorgeous!!!
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
MaryAnne
Stayed one night at this beautiful and elegant hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean and the staff very helpful. Would love to stay here for several days on another visit.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"As beautiful as you've always heard."
Stayed for on night when in town to attend a concert. The building is justly renowned for it's beauty and elegance. The location is good and relatively easy to get to. The room was a "Superior" and was very spacious. The furnishings and decor were wonderful, the bath delightful. The Pied Piper Grill is beautiful, overseen by Maxwell Parrish's breathtaking mural of the fairy tale. Negatives? At this price and in this business so aware of it's status and excellence you will be charged for WiFi and you will find use of the computers in the business center has hefty charges for internet access plus a hefty per minute fee. Most FAR lesser properties include these services in their usually less substantial room charges.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Donald
"Right in the middle of it all"
The Palace is fantastic. It was also near impossible to get to by car when POTUS, Blue Angels, and Friday afternoon converge. Nevertheless, we wanted the big city experience and the Palace Hotel was the jewel.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Most luxurious stay in SF"
Great room. Most comfortable bed, quiet room. Staff was very friendly and Pied Piper(bar) legendary.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Wish we would have gotten a bigger tub but it was the last King bed room so we settled. Only got one bath robe too. Other than that hotel was amazing all around. Very clean and enjoyable.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Silvia
"hotel renovation greatly needed"
Overall service is great, but our hotel room in great need of repair. Sink was cracked in multiple places, tub chipped and had strange "resurface" on bottom of tub that hotel attempted to cover with rubber mat. Bathroom door stopper broken off. Wood floor molding chipped and worn. Huge black stain above air conditioner/heating vent at top of wall. Worse of all, the sofa in our suite was worn, dirty, and so uncomfortable. I stayed at the Palace 2 other times many years ago and it is no longer a 4 star in my opinion.
3 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2014
"Almost perfect at the Palace"
Great hotel , had a wonderful time in the Bar. Beautiful hotel, old traditional. However the $60 for parking. left a bad taste in my mouth
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
good
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
ym
Very friendly, comfortable and convenient! We truly enjoy our stay every time!!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Sunday Brunch at the Garden Court is reason enough"
Our stay at the Palace Hotel at New Montgomery and Market was simply outstanding. The Sunday Brunch at the Garden Court was quite an event. The hotel staff provided impeccable service. The hotel location was perfect for walking to Union Square, Pier 1 or even AT&T Park.
1 night family trip Sep 20, 2014
Patrick Corpus
"good location and nice public rooms"
Not pleased with being assigned a handicapped room. That is not what I had requested.
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2014
"Nice hotel, average service"
We pre-paid a "Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed (Grand)" but at check-in they said they only had standard double and that the rate would be the same. After arguing, they ended up giving me free parking to offset the difference. Check-in ended up taking way too long. Thought the overall service was very average for a luxury hotel.
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel"
Loved the location. Hotel is beautiful and historic. Simple and sweet!
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Jen
"Historic - and it shows"
First of all, the service was absolutely top notch. Every staff member we encountered was so polite, well-heeled, personable, and professional. Morey at the front desk was especially accommodating and thoughtful. What I was surprised at was the price over room quality ratio. We paid well over $300 per night with tax and I was therefore less than impressed by the room itself. I expected it to be more grand than it was, a bit more "historic," and a bit less "worn." The bed was extremely comfortable, the linens high quality, and the room was clean overall, but it showed signs of wear everywhere - from the stained carpet to chips and scratches in all of the repro/hotel furniture to poorly maintained molding/baseboards in the bathroom to cheap lamps with bad lighting. I was somewhat shocked that at that rate, this was what you got. It was a nice visit for a piece of "historic" San Francisco, but next time I'll try the Fairmont or the Ritz.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Tigerpants9
"Magnificent !"
I couldn't believe how beautiful this place is. My room was very plush and my girlfriend over at a different hotel was very jealous. We agreed next year for the Dental Convention we will book the Palace.
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
cella
"The Valet Stole a pair of sunglasses from my car"
don't valet your car - my sunglasses were stolen. they only have to drive it across the street but that is enough to lift articles from your car. the reason we valet is to avoid this sport of thing
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Perfect mother daughter weekend"
The Palace hotel is indeed a palace. The location is perfect- a quick walk to the Ferry building and to the Westfield shopping center. The Sunday jazz brunch was absolutely the best brunch we have ever been to and the service was superb. Our waiter was there when we needed him but did not hover. He made us feel very welcome.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Sandy
"Luxury is overstated but Garden Court is worth it"
Rooms small, no view but brick walls, decor is nothing to mention. It's old historical building not worth the price but the opulence n grandeur is only in the Garden Court Resturant that is a must visit in SF. Unfortunately food choices are limited n overpriced!
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
L , HK
"It was amazing!"
Kids loved the pool, I love the gym!!! It was walking distance to town square and shopping center. Very nice and helpful staff.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Happy man
"Wonderful stay"
I enjoyed this hotel. Very classy and clean. Lobby and restaurant were beautiful. Room was clean. Only had a noisy neighbor that kep us up at night.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Ellis
"The beds"
Best beds I've ever slept in!! Including my own!!
3 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"A little challenging to get to...but worth the dri"
I had a good stay at the Palace, my only complaint (other than them being overbooked) was that there was mold (the nasty black stuff) on the shower curtain in the bathroom. I didn't notice it until I checked out, but it was not the friendliest early morning shower companion. The valet service was wonderful, the staff was super friendly, and the ceilings are amazing!
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
AMD
They should consider providing guests with free internet, not worthy of price.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
Nizar
"Great stay / Breakfast at the Palace is a must"
We definitely enjoyed our 2-night stay at the Palace Hotel in August 2014. Congratulations for the buffet breakfast: the pancakes were to die for, and having such good food in the morning in such a fancy looking location (the "Garden") was the best start for our day. Furthermore, the hotel design feels classy and old at the same time, but I appreciated staying in a place which looked different from all the modern hotels out there. Our room was big and comfortable, with high ceilings and a lot of natural light. Some of the furniture pieces showed some signs of wear, but it felt understandable to me. The only downturn was the bathroom which was not outstanding for some reason. It just felt somewhat "cheap" compared to the rest of the hotel. Also, drying towels right above the toilets is something I personally find highly unhygienic.
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
Great hotel and service ! Will be back. Awesome location !
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Beautifully Appointed and Close to Everything"
This is a beautiful hotel and is walking distance to many sights and attractions. It is close to the public transportation, so if you are sight seeing, you will have no trouble getting around. The hotel itself is gorgeous with stunning architecture and details. The rooms are nicely appointed with very comfortable beds and pillows. The hotel staff is exemplary, from the moment you check in at the front desk to the concierge to the bell men, to the housekeeping staff. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is wonderful! I want to give a special shout out to Rueben who checked us in upon our arrival. He asked if we were celebrating anything for our trip, and I told him we were celebrating my daughter's birthday. It was our mother-daughter weekend away! When we returned to our room that evening, after a day of sight seeing, Rueben had sent up a lovely bottle of chilled champagne, cheese, crackers, fruit and chocolate covered strawberries! He also left a Happy Birthday message on the phone for my daughter. It is this hospitality and attention to detail that make staying at the Palace so unique and special. There are many hotels in the City of San Francisco, and I have stayed at many as our company has an office in the City and I have to travel there frequently. But, in my opinion, none compares to the Palace. You will really enjoy your stay and we will be back! Customer service can be lacking in some establishments, but not at the Palace!
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Suzanne
"Faded Glory"
We stayed here to attend a wedding. The first impressions are of style and elegance, i.e., the great hall/lobby area and ball rooms are very impressive. However, he room had an extremely worn and scratched dresser, a tear in the desk chair, a huge crack in the elegant sink that was poorly patched, peeling wall paper under the sink, little black mildew spots around the tub, dark spots and scratches around the bottom of the bathroom door and no exhaust in the bathroom. There was a big dent (barely painted over) in the entrance door, an extremely worn door knob at the closet, a remote that wasn't working, writing on the phone, tv schedule and menu that could only be made out with reading glasses. On the day of the wedding we asked the front desk to have our room made up ASAP. When we returned an hour later, the room had not been made. We had to call two more times in 15-minute intervals and talk to the manager till this was taken care of. The coffee in the lobby had run out for two consecutive mornings and the tea bags offered were in Chinese language only. My husband could not figure out whether he was getting green tea. tea
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Gloria
that hotel needs some Parking space
2 night trip Aug 16, 2014