All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
2 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Disappointed from Sheraton group"
I'm very disappointed for my trip because of this Hotel. I can't believe the bellmen passed my luggage to wrong customer, this is Sheraton and the security guy told me this was never happen before and seems like I lied to him. Fortunately they can exchanged my luggage back with other customer and sent back to me, but this is still can't acceptable for this mistakes.
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Cynthia
We stayed at The Palace Hotel because we decided to drive to San Francisco a day earlier than anticipated and we could only secure 1 night at this hotel but the room was beautiful and the internet worked flawlessly.This is a really nice hotel where you feel as though you stepped back in time but with modern conveniences. It was a great stay and we wish we could have stayed longer
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2014
"New Year's Eve at the Palace in San Francisco"
We had a great night, despite the protesters in the streets outside the hotel - our room was great, room service was fast and very good quality food, and the location was perfect for a quick trip down to the waterfront...the Palace Hotel is one of those places you have to experience in person to really get a sense of the beauty and grandeur of the building...we also highly recommend the Pied Piper Bar/Grill!
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Jeffry
"Elegant classic hotel"
Room is fairly spacious, and it is very well kept up. The bed is very comfortable, and everything was to satisfactory.
2 night trip with friends Dec 25, 2014
"Perfect Holiday Getaway!"
Beautiful hotel filled with gorgeous holiday decor, lovely pianist, with Ghirardelli ice cream shoppe! Room was meticulously maintained. I look forward to my next stay.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
Room and hotel were very nice, lots of noise with door slamming in the night and early morning. Our telephone in the room didn't work and we asked for toothbrushes but never received them. In the restaurant, a waiter told us that breakfast was over then another waitress came over and said that we could still order breakfast. First waiter was quite rude.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Leonardo
"great christmas getaway"
From the moment the bellman met us to the moment we checked out the staff fulfilled our every request. They were courteous and very accommodating. The hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas and put us in a very festive mood.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
loretta
"The amazing Palace Hotel"
This hotel (particularly at Christmas ) is just stunning. My few complaints are 1) if Best Western, Travelodge can offer free WiFi, and their room rates are half what the Palace Hotel is, why do they charge $29 PER DAY for in-room internet WiFi?? 2) again with the aforementioned places, why does the Palace Hotel not offer coffee in morning to its guests???
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Family Christmas Vacation."
Beautiful hotel but the rooms do need some updating. Their was paint peeling from the ceiling in the entrance to the room. The front desk did acknowledge that they did plan to do renovation in the near future. However, I would stay here again!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Donald
"Christmas in San Francisco!"
Amazing hotel, great location with easy access to the vintage trollies and BART. Beautiful dinning room, great food. Met my 3 beautiful daughters there for our Christmas celebration.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
J. John
"Caring and comfort"
Had to rest after a minor medical procedure and was able to turn an otherwise unpleasant experience into a nice memory. The room was so comfortable and the service was great. Best room service food I ever had. Everyone was so nice and accommodating. And the place was just so beautifully decorated for Christmas.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Iris
"Hotel Elegance"
The hotel is lovely and unique due to its history. Would not change anything. We do not need anymore modern hotels. Convenient taking the Bart to the hotel. Close to Union Square and 101 Embarcadero. Staff was very curteous and helpful as where and what to do. Recommended very good restaurants. Would definitely come back Do not change its personality.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Diana
"First Time Stay"
The Palace was wonderful. The only hang-up was all of the refurbishment that was going on while we were there. But other than that, it was very nice and the entire staff was super friendly. Definitely coming back.
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
"Beautiful hotel in downtown SF"
Everything was perfect and the hotel is really beautiful
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
claudio
"Great elegant hotel"
It's a great location easy to get to everything. Hotel room is a bit small and bathroom and carpet are a bit worn out. Very good service and they do what it takes to make guest comfortable.
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Irene
"Great Christmas experience for the family"
Great Christmas experience for the family. Just an awesome historical setting. Huge tree in the main gallary. Maxfield's is a nice bar built around a historic painting. Just nice! Close to all the holiday shopping you'd want to do
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
"Palatial"
Gorgeous accommodations. HORRIBLE service in the Garden Court.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"Holiday Getaway"
Had an excellent stay. Nice dinner in the Pied Piper and a wonderful lunch in the Garden Court. Only disappointment was that the pool was closed for remodeling. It is a great lap pool. I will probably make this annual event.
1 night trip Dec 19, 2014
Toni
"Great staff eagerly waiting their hotel remodel"
Hotel is in the middle of getting ready for a remodel. Wait to come here, after May of next year 2015 for the new rooms and then I can rate it a 5. They worked hard to make us happy. Rooms are just dated and need the update for now.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Tonya
Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Grand hotel but stinky rooms!"
This is a beautiful, grand hotel centrally located to many San Fran hot spots. The main lobby is gorgeous with its atrium and architectural detail. The staff was courteous and friendly. I had read previous reviews mentioning that the rooms had a certain odor, but I decided to chance a stay at the Palace anyway. Upon checking in, I was provided with a room on the 4th floor and was immediately taken back by the odor in the room. It smelled like a chain smoker had just left the room. The internal phone system also seemed to be inoperable, as calls to the front desk, guest services, etc. requesting a room change were met with a busy signal. After schlepping my bags back down to the lobby, I was provided with a new room on the 8th floor. This room was better but also had an unpleasant odor. I couldn't tell if the carpets needed replaced or if the odor was HVAC-related. The hotel is so fabulous overall, it's a shame that room odor is still an issue.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Jen
"SF Classic Hotel"
Shopping wknd in SF
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Noelle
"Palace Hotel, SF"
The location was perfect and the staff very nice (the bellman were exceptionally nice). The bathroom floor looked dirty as did the carpet in the room. I almost called to see if we could switch rooms but decided not to bother.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"Scored with Palace Hotel"
Beautiful hotel with lots of history. Was a bit out of the way but staff was great with cabs.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Shawn
"very nice"
very nice stay at the palace. valet staff and front desk staff made first impression fantastic...Debbie(concierge)was terrific. She took the time from her duties to give us a private tour of the ballroom/public areas of the hotel and told us wonderful anecdotes of the property. This type of customer service is what makes for a memorable stay.
3 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
jason
"Enjoyed our stay."
Really enjoyed our stay. There were not much options for breakfast in the hotel the day we were checking out. Brunch in the main dining room didn't open until 11:00 and we needed to be on the road. Coffee shops are close by though. Rooms clean. Staff nice. Charming hotel. Neighborhood not our favorite but was ok.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"fabulous and elegant"
A fabulous hotel. Courteous, friendly, and professional staff. Elegant. Only disappointment was that the pool and hot tub are under repair.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
David R
"Nice Hotel on Market Street."
Very nice upscale Hotel on Market street. The hotel staff didn't inform us on check in of the pool being under construction. There was no signs outside the pool indicating anything was wrong. Another guest informed us about the pool not being open.. We booked the hotel because of the pool. The room was excellent and clean and staff was good except for information on pool. I would stay here again. Just ask more questions when booking.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Great Property, Tiny dated rooms. Still great."
Amazing property but the rooms lagged in fit and finish for the level of the hotel. Everything was a bit on the older side. Still perfectly clean and nice, just not up to par for the grandeur of the hotel itself. Very small rooms as well.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"Even more than I expected!!"
Great Location, Historic Hotel with lots of Class. We really enjoyed our stay and found the hotel staff really friendly and wanting to please. Perfect location right off Market St, central to so many of the highlights of the city. Will stay again!!
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Francee
"Palace SF review"
The Palace is one of the great hotels in the country. It is classy and beautiful. The services was excellent.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
Marla
"Quickie getaway"
What a great hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
fred
"I love this hotel but I really missed the pool."
If I had known the pool was closed I would have stayed sonewhere else. This was by far my worst experience at this hotel due to a fire alarm when I was trying to nap (just unlucky) and an unfortunate situation at breakfast.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Jeanette
"Glad I Tried It!"
I had always wanted to try this hotel but didn't have a reason...so i made one up. Glad I did. The hotel is great! Refined furnishings, great room service, and VERY clean. The price was very reasonable and the hotel is so centrally located that you can get anywhere in the City with ease.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
This is my third time in San Francisco and my 2nd in this hotel. It's really nice!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Fernando
"Giants World Series 2014 Victory Parade!"
I've had this Hotel on my list if historic hotels to stay. What better time to do it than watching the 2014 World Series San Francisco Gians victory parade. Had front row view from the comfort of my luxurious room. Although I wished I was on the lower level floor. My fault, was too excited to think straight.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Elegant older hotel"
We were in San Francisco for a family wedding and stayed at the Palace during the weekend that the SF Giants were playing in the World Series. Our booking was last minute and the room rate was extremely high. The room was tiny and instead of a closet, had only a small wardrobe that was not adequate to hold our clothes and shoes. Don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel room that didn't have a closet. The bathroom had sufficient electrical outlets but the only outlets available in the sleeping area were lodged up under the desk and you had to crawl underneath on your hands and knees to get to them. The connection between the shower head and water pipe appeared to be stripped and the shower head just hung there loosely and could not be adjusted. I understand the laws of supply and demand but paying the price we had to pay for this room was unacceptable and just morally wrong. We had two additional rooms that were reserved earlier (with better pricing) for other members of the wedding party and their rooms were nicer and more in line with the price.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Jane
"nice trip"
first time visit to san Francisco, the palace is centrally located.
4 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
"Grand opulence"
We had a late arrival and they were sold out of the standard room we had booked so they graciously upgraded us to a beautiful suite which was amazing, and also extended our checkout. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean and amazingly impressive in its old world opulence. While expensive, it was comparable to other luxury hotels and worth every penny. We had a great stay and will definitely return.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Scott and Dave
"Great hotel, the best in SF"
Very nice hotel. good food, nice personal. very close to the airport, nice bar and friendly people.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Last minute booking"
I made a last minute booking and didn't rhink too much about it. Thankfully, I didn't need to. Everything was great from the convenient location to the friendly service.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2014
Christine
"Old World Charm in San Francisco, CA"
The Palace is a gorgeous hotel. Pure luxury & class define the overall feeling of the hotel. The rooms are very clean, but basic. Unless you spend the money for a suite, you'll find the rooms comfortable but no Wow factor. I'm a local who needed a room for 1 night for a party I was attending in the area that night & The Palace was it. Says a lot since I am well aware of most 4 star and up hotels in the city. The Sunday Brunch is a splurge but go for it! Incredible food served in the main ball room. Gorgeous!!!
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
MaryAnne
Stayed one night at this beautiful and elegant hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean and the staff very helpful. Would love to stay here for several days on another visit.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"As beautiful as you've always heard."
Stayed for on night when in town to attend a concert. The building is justly renowned for it's beauty and elegance. The location is good and relatively easy to get to. The room was a "Superior" and was very spacious. The furnishings and decor were wonderful, the bath delightful. The Pied Piper Grill is beautiful, overseen by Maxwell Parrish's breathtaking mural of the fairy tale. Negatives? At this price and in this business so aware of it's status and excellence you will be charged for WiFi and you will find use of the computers in the business center has hefty charges for internet access plus a hefty per minute fee. Most FAR lesser properties include these services in their usually less substantial room charges.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Donald
"Right in the middle of it all"
The Palace is fantastic. It was also near impossible to get to by car when POTUS, Blue Angels, and Friday afternoon converge. Nevertheless, we wanted the big city experience and the Palace Hotel was the jewel.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Most luxurious stay in SF"
Great room. Most comfortable bed, quiet room. Staff was very friendly and Pied Piper(bar) legendary.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Wish we would have gotten a bigger tub but it was the last King bed room so we settled. Only got one bath robe too. Other than that hotel was amazing all around. Very clean and enjoyable.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Silvia
"hotel renovation greatly needed"
Overall service is great, but our hotel room in great need of repair. Sink was cracked in multiple places, tub chipped and had strange "resurface" on bottom of tub that hotel attempted to cover with rubber mat. Bathroom door stopper broken off. Wood floor molding chipped and worn. Huge black stain above air conditioner/heating vent at top of wall. Worse of all, the sofa in our suite was worn, dirty, and so uncomfortable. I stayed at the Palace 2 other times many years ago and it is no longer a 4 star in my opinion.
3 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2014
"Almost perfect at the Palace"
Great hotel , had a wonderful time in the Bar. Beautiful hotel, old traditional. However the $60 for parking. left a bad taste in my mouth
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2014