All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Nice hotel, right on the beach."
Staff was very accommodating and nice. Grounds were beautiful. Bedding was very comfortable.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"A world away in Waikiki"
Feels like a world away, yet in the middle of Waikiki. The cost is high, but the value is there. Only negatives are somewhat small bathroom and the fact that they do nickel and dime you somewhat. A particular peeve of mine was that you got a "free" beach towel, but if you wanted to put it on a beach chair you had to lease the chair for the day. The sand was free, however.
5 night business trip Oct 12, 2014
"bad service"
i called and said that the scale didnt work - and the air was going directly on my face - 24 hours later nothing done - called the conciege - they sent some one came up finally - then they put battery in scale - wow for 5 star not what i wanted -
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Close to beach peaceful setting friendly people"
Loved it! Staff was friendly. Rooms were very nice.
Becky
"A Great Disappointment"
The Royal Hawaiian, it's where not the guests are given the royal treatment, but where the staff expects royal treatment from the guests. Staff at the beach/pool area are quite discourteous. When handing us the beach towel, the staff didn't even look us in the eyes. They practically tossed the towels, unravelled, at us. At the restaurant, the staff was ok, but made us feel quite rushed. They came by and asked us if we're done, with half the food still on our plates. At $20+ for an egg and potato, we'd like more than ten minutes to wolf down our food. At one point, the guy actually asked if we wanted to take our coffee to go. We paid $6 for a cup of mediocre coffee. If we wanted to take our coffee to go, we would have gone to Starbucks. Amenities...certainly not on par with the Four Seasons or the Ritz. And service, I can't imagine it being any worse than at a Motel 6 (no offense to Motel 6). The first room they gave us had ants crawling all over. The second room they provided us, was a handicap room. It was quite an uncomfortable room. No closet, and the shower was rather tight. Cleaning staff was, well, unclean. The daily tip we left didn't seem to encourage improvement. Overall, it just felt like they were trying to take as much money as possible from theirs guests. No beach chair was provided, despite the $36 daily resort charge. It was an additional $40 to rent the chairs. An overall disappointment.
"Luxury Collection...?!?!?!"
I booked this hotel because i wanted to expend my last day in Honolulu in the best hotel... i think i have missed something... because this wasnt was i was looking for. first of all, the check in agent was only triying to sell us upgrades instead of showing what the hotel has to offer... we get the room upgrade (by paying a fee) the room was on a low level ocean front and it wasnt that nice, old furniture, view was nice but not expectacular (maybe because i was on floor 2). I pay for the breakfast in advace and it was "a la carte" not buffet (which is ok) but you have to choose options from a short menu of options; i used to eat a lot of fresh fruts on breakfast and then just a cuple slices of bread with cheese; this was not posaible here... very poor options for a exensive breakfast. overall service was poor in my opinion; i was in other SPG hotels in this trip and they were better compared to this hotel that is rated as Luxury Collexction... lessons learned: i will never come back to this hotel again! sorry...
Federico
"Great hotel however not for late sleepers"
I recently stayed at the Royal Hawaiian while on my honeymoon for a 1 night layover we had on our trip home. My wife always wanted to stay in "the pink hotel" as she calls it so I figured we'd splurge. The hotel staff were all very friendly and they were very acini dating with out late flight back. My one gripe is we were planning in sleeping in until 10ish and then getting breakfast before checking out and spending our final honeymoon day on the beach. At about 830 vacuums start in the hallway from the housekeeping staff and the beautiful hand carved wooden though beautiful do not block any of this noise. We also heard housekeeping knocks on what seemed like every door on the floor, followed by loud conversations between the friend staff and other guests. Needless to say we didn't get to sleep in past 830. Other then that I will give props to the hotel for their service after we checked out. We checked out at noon, gave them out bags and spent the day at the beach. Then around 5 we got our bags, and a key to the hospitality suite where we showered and changed for our flight home later that evening. We then checked our bags again and went to get dinner. Then we came back, got our bags and car and went to the airport. Also to note the included breakfast was excellent, not just a measley buffet but a true 5 star breakfast. I would stay here again however may ask about a room that wouldn't be as noisy in the morning.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"Awesome Hotel"
Beautiful Pink Hotel on Waikiki Beach. Staff from the valet to pool service were friendly and accommodating. By far the most beautifully majestic hotel in the world.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Happy
"Not a luxury hotel."
We had to change rooms three times and never found one with a working air conditioner. The room my mother and sister were in was extremely coldl. Management gave us the run around and didn't seem to know much about the hotel.
4 night family trip Sep 1, 2014
"Will definitely return to the Royal Hawaiian"
Amazing stay in Honolulu. Great location and unforgettable scenery. The Royal Hawaiian is my new go to spot in Waikiki.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"The Royal Hawaiian Hotel and Resort on Waikiki bea"
The Royal Hawaiian Resort on Waikiki Beach brought the true Hawaiian spirit to our vacation. The tropical landscaping and views presented an oasis. The plumerias fragrances on the warm, humid air allured us once again to the beautiful islands. Walking onto the grounds of the hotel was definitely a tropical paradise. The staff was so congenial, polite, and always helpful. We will always treasure this vacation and look forward to returning. Our experience reflected the ultimate in elegance. Mahalo and aloha!
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Jeanette
"One of the best hotels in Waikiki"
This is my second time staying at the Royal Hawaiian. I stayed for 5 nights and had a wonderful experience again. However I feel there is still room for improvement. Pros: Perfect location right at the center of the beach, right in the middle of all the shopping & restaurants The pink umbrellas are exclusive to hotel guests, so I feel safer to leave items laying around. Though it is still strongly advised to not leave valuables unattended. Staffs are all extremely nice and helpful. Cons: Valet parking takes too long. Needs new rental surfboards. It is difficult to find a board that isn't heavily damaged. No turn down service. This is something I would expect from a 5 star hotel, especially when it is one of the Starwood Luxury Collection Room service needs to pay more attention to details. I had to request more shampoo and conditioner when I ran out. These things should be refilled at least once every other day. Fire alarm went off in the middle of one night for about 30 seconds waking almost everybody up. No explanation was given. I called guest services but no one answered, then asked about the event the next day but still couldn't get an answer why the fire alarm went off. On the fence: The hospitality suite provided for already checked out guests is great, however the suite feels old and needs an update. Also the shower room is dirty, and again, low on bodywash, shampoo, and conditioner. I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to others
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Wayne
Beautiful grounds, spacious rooms and a very helpful staff!
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
I would not stay at this hotel again. It was way too expensive for what it was. no air-conditioning in the hallways which they needed.The rooms were small.I have stayed in the new wing at the Moana Surfrider and I would recommend it over this one.Beautiful surroundings and a quiet location, but does not live up to its reputation.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Very old hotel, not much put into exterior renovations, sheraton and westin nearby are nicer
4 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Omar
"Felt like Royalty"
We had high expectations for this hotel and they were fully met! Can't wait to go back!
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
Snyders
"A peaceful oasis in Waikiki"
Charming historic hotel that provides a quiet respite from the intensity of Waikiki. Friendly, helpful staff
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Not as expected."
Our room is rather small compared to other hotels that we stayed in. Hotel is over-priced and over-rated.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Expensive"
Overall acceptable. But too expensive for an old hotel. Location is excellent. Dark themed classic hotel kind of unsuitable for a hotel by the pacific ocean. I would still recommend Halekulani way over this hotel.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"A wonderful location, beach and character."
This hotel has more charm and character than all the other Waikiki hotels together. The location is fantastic and we could get anywhere with ease. The beach was kept clean. We enjoyed every minute.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Middle of the Road"
It wasn't anything to write home about.... To be fair we had just stayed a week at The Four Seasons on the Big Island. The location is fantastic for shopping on Waikiki. The room we had felt like a coat closet. We were in and out and only stayed two nights so we did not use the facilities so my review is really based on staff interaction and the room itself.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Annie
Everything in the room was working. Anything we needed we just needed to ask. The concierge worked with us to make plans and reserve for activities.\ The hotel is right on the beach, which is very comfortable. When we went to the beach we did not have to carry anything. Security is very good. The beach in front of the hotel is the best on Waikiki.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Fabulous Family Vacation"
Had a wonderful vacation @ the Royal, from the moment we set foot on the Famous Pink Building. Everything was Royal style!
Noemi
"Nice Hotel - Needs larger guest rooms bathrooms"
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. The grounds are lovely. Staff is very nice. Food was good, but could probably use a few more choices on the outdoor beachside menu. The staff is very well trained and helpful. My daughter was sick one night and the room service phone operator called to check in on her later. That's a nice touch. My only complaint was the size of the room. It was myself, husband and my 2 daughters (ages 9 and 12). The rooms are 300 square feet! The bathroom is the worse. It's not even suitable for 2 people. It was the same size as the closet. I'm not exaggerating here! Although they were updated (nice marble and granite), it literally was a toilet with a tiny sink next to it and a shower that had very little room in it. No place to put any toiletries at all, except maybe a toothbrush and toothpaste. I literally could not put my elbows out in the shower without hitting the doors. And the toilet is stuffed in so close to the door, I think their may be an inch between the toilet and the wall. It is so cramped. The beach is very nice, although very crowded. Pretty white sand - but you can't drink any alcoholic beverages on the beach, which is kind of a bummer. Overall, I would say this is a nice hotel that seriously needs to consider enlarging the bathrooms and rooms in order to attract repeat business.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Can't beat the location and view but some issues"
The location is perfect; beachfront, beautiful views and in the middle of a shopping mecca. Overall, I enjoyed my stay in Hawaii but I had several issues during my 6 night stay. First, I did not receive bottled water and turndown service as expected, not a big deal but annoying since I paid the $35 nightly resort fee. Next, I had issue that required waiting for security. Again, not a big deal, but I had to call down twice. On our final night, we returned to see a full sized roll away bed ,that we did not request, set up in our room. It blocked access to the rest room and required two separate calls to have it room. No apology or compensation was offered for that fiasco. Overall, nice facility and great if you love low key luxury. I would definitely prefer it to the hotel next room which felt like a vegas mexaplex.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Unpleasant experience"
Room are not noise proof. We can hear everything from room next door and hallway. Woke us up everyday between 5am and 6am. This was supposed to be a nexlaxing vacation but we were all so tired from sleeplessness. Check in staff did not give us any instruction on where to go or what are available for our usage. We pretty much ask on everthing and got scold at. Shared pool attendance very rude. Refuse to give us more towel. Only 1 per guess = what?! I don't recommend coming here.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
unhappy travele
"MJy visit to the Royal Hawaiian."
The hotel is so beautiful. The bed was heavenly. It is a piece of history. The only negatives were the speed of hotel service in signing in and signing out. Their system has guests waiting in line, sitting at a desk, talking for several minutes (the family before me took over 5 minutes). There were 3 desks and only 2 staff signing staff in. When I got ready to leave I simply wanted to drop off my key and was ignored. The steak at the restaurant on the beach was about the best I've had in my entire life! So overall...thumbs way up!
4 night trip Jul 14, 2014
Kendall Larson
"Very nice hotel. Comfortable"
I really enjoyed it. Very nice experience. Staff are very courteous and professional
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Enjoyed the Royal Hawaiian for its 1920s architecture and prime location. Found the food menus at the Mai Tai bar and the Azure to be somewhat limited. Prices were high but that is the cost of the prime real estate. The sister Sheratons on either side of the RH had better menus. Room was nice but wear and tear is showing, especially the Tower elevators. The main hotel lobby and common areas of the original buildings are very well kept. Staff was very nice.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Beautiful hotel on the beach"
The Royal Hawaiian is special in that it is set up so that you feel like you are far removed from the busy Waikiki shopping areas, but you are actually close to it all! It's the best of both worlds, old school charm and service, lovely grounds and a stones throw from the action in Waikiki. I would stay here again, no hesitation.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Pauline
"Excellent location but..."
the hotel desperately needs renovation. The elevators dated back to 1960's era. Slow but steady. Bathroom amenities are so so. Shower control button fell off. The staff was helpful. The location was the best feature.
4 night trip Jul 8, 2014
rlirph
"Incredible service!"
Beautiful, classic, Hawaiian hotel. Incredible service, wonderful amenities, and perfect Waikiki location!
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"The Grand Dame of Waikiki Hotels"
The second oldest hotel on Waikiki has been updated with all of the latest amenities - but maintains its original charm and elegance. The service was excellent and we enjoyed our Ocean View room in the tower - especially having morning coffee on the balcony. We purchased the package with the breakfast included - and the choice of food was excellent. Overall our stay was wonderful!
3 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Great location, quiet, easy access to everything"
Staff was great! Hotel had access to everything. Night beach walk is a must.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Bryan
"Another Glorious stay at the Royal Hawaiian"
From the time you step foot into the hotel until the minute you leave, every detail if perfection. I stayed in February of this year and couldn't wait to come back. It is the perfect Hawaiian experience.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Jillian
"Beautiful hotel and staff but very expensive."
The hotel is vintage but kept up nicely and it is beautiful right on the beach, But, it is very expensive. You have to pay for a chair on the beach ($40-$50). The pool is only 4.8 feet deep and very small and only the back row of chairs around the pool are available for guests. You have to pay $40 for chairs closer to the pool. The ocean is great but packed with guests and others. Eating at the hotel will cost each person about $150-$250 a day (does not include alcohol). Everyone is very friendly whereever you go around the Hotel. Once you step out of the Resort you are in the town that is ultra crowded and you are in a large city with shops everywhere..all name brands and expensive..but friendly and polite. I suggest that if this is your first experience in Hawaii.....stay at the Royal for 2 days and then go to Kona and rent a car to see the real Hawaii. Although, you can rent a car at the Royal and go around Oahu, but it is very crowded...you will see some beautiful mountains.(Don't rent your car from the Royal $$$ go to the Hyatt's Rental Cars for half the price about $79 a day for a mid size car). Scuba is fun around $$. Go see Pearl for about $$. Go on line before you go to Hawaii and cho ose your entertainment that way. The price is almost double if you book through the hotel. The cab ride to and from the airport is $40 each way. Taking the shuttle takes longer and it is about tenmore each way. The cab ride was just us and fast and nicer.
Other trip May 31, 2014
Lynn and Steve
"Perfect location on Waikiki beach."
Spectacular hotel. Beautiful gardens. Classic style and much different from the big modern high rise hotels. Charming. Walking distance to shops and in the heart of Waikiki.
Other trip May 29, 2014
frank
"Boutique Hotel"
The Royal Hawaiian is an oasis of classic elegance among giant corporate hotel chains towering over it. Driving in feels like your leaving corporate Waikiki and entering a country home. It's size provides for personal guest friendly service. It has six floors. You can access beach, gardens and walk to the zoo
6 night family trip May 15, 2014
Mari
"Perfect service"
This was my first visit to Honolulu. I was amazed that there were no delays in any kind of service during our stay. Our room was ready just as we have arrived at 1 pm. Every time we ordered food to the room it would come exactly when it was promised to arrive. At the restaurants and the bar the waiter would approach us right away and bring the order within 10-15 minutes. The staff is very friendly and well organized. They do care about guests. The Abhasa spa is simply fantastic. I had lomi lomi massage done by Keiko and my daughter enjoyed her reflexology massage done by another masseuse (sorry don't remember the name) We loved it so much that we came back the next day for another session. There were always plenty of good quality towels in the room. The robes and slippers clean and looking new. They also provide soft tooth brushes and tooth paste in addition to the standard shampoo/conditioner/vanity set. The staff followed up on all my requests. The showers are equipped with Kohler shower heads on a handle that moves up and down. The water pressure is good and steady. Prior to the arrival I had an email communication with the hotel. All my emails were answered fully and fast. We will definitely be coming again.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Atsimgirl
"best hotel we have ever stayed in"
wonderful accommodations... friendly staff, beautiful grounds, near everything!
Other trip May 20, 2014
"The Royal Hawaiian Hotel"
This Hotel is very special, in the heart of Waikiki Beach, yet the grounds make you feel like you are a million miles away from everything. The history alone is awesome. The employees are all very nice and make you feel special.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Colleen
"Great for business and a relaxing evening."
Very enjoyable. While I do live on the island, but about 1 hour away from Waikiki, the hotel was a excellent close choice for the meeting and then some much needed R&R in the evening.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Athletic
"Very beautiful hotel right on the beach."
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone lots of lovely restaurants, everything is within walking distance.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Great Trip"
My wife and I enjoyed a weeklong stay at the Royal Hawaiian. Everything about the hotel was beyond our expectations. It was charming, clean, the staff was extremely helpful. The location was ideal. Our room was amazingly quite. Never once did we hear another guest coming or going but somehow still managed to wake up to the sounds of birds in the garden. We also enjoyed the spa a great deal. We can’t wait to go back.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"hotel location is great."
hotel facility is great but bath room is a little too small. Overall service is good however bell office could have been more efficient.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"who decide 5stars."
I expected 5 stars hotel, but not. building is too old. I couldn't feel antique, it was just old. They charged beach chair about $40. swimming pool is small like jacuzzi.
Other trip May 1, 2014
Don't think they should charge for lounge chairs on beach.
3 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"wonderful historic hotel"
This hotel is a classic. It is in the center of all the action but once inside it is a quiet refuge. The service is wonderful. They greet you with a cold drink and a comfortable chair while you check in. No waiting in line. Your luggage is taken upstairs while you enjoy a drink or a snack in the shade overlooking the ocean. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. The gardens around the hotel are beautiful. It feels like you are in an old romantic movie. Treat yourself to something special by spending a night or two here.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2014
BJH42
"Great spot right in the center of Waikiki Beach"
Nice historic hotel, very centrally located. Beautiful public areas. We didn't use the pool, which is a bit small, but it is right next to Waikiki Beach, so who cares? One negative is that the standard rooms, which we booked, are only average. They had tall ceilings but were otherwise not very big, had small bathrooms, and were just a bit dark and dreary. It's with upgrading if you can. Also, the parking garage is a walk up the drive and not directly connected, so some may prefer to use valet.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Simply spectacular"
Beautiful, stately, historic hotel with impeccable service.
5 night trip Apr 8, 2014